Southern Harvest Catering Company Reviews

30 Reviews for Southern Harvest Catering Company

• Kelsey

Kelsey Hanlon · Married on 12/08/2018

Southern harvest catering--awesome!

We used Southern Harvest catering for our wedding on 12.08.18. The whole team on the wedding day were amazing. We worked with Fallon for a majority of the planning time and she was awesome! She came with me for a walk through at the venue and really made sure we had things set to go for the big day and was easy to get in contact with. We did a buffet and the food was delicious! They also served Daniel and I so that we didn't have to do anything that night which was so nice! Highly recommend!! Thanks again for making our day so special!

Sent on 01/21/2019
  • Barbara

Barbara · Married on 10/13/2018

Amazing Food and Service!

Off site catering food isn't always easy to find when you want a quality product that holds and tastes amazing, but we found it with Southern Harvest! Falon was great to work with, organized and knowledgeable. She made sure the service team had every piece of information they needed so I (the bride) didn't have to worry with anything! We had stations and everything was set up picture perfect and OMG the food was so good! Our venue is newer and the owners wanted Southern Harvest contact information because they said it was the best food they have had there yet, plus they were so amazed at how organized the service was!

We wanted to serve two courses that were not part of their menu and the owner and Chef was more than happy to create for us and I'll say it again, their creation was amazing! And he was excited to do it, you can tell food is his passion! I have been in the hospitality industry for 15 years including food and beverage and this company is one I would highly recommend! Any and every bride looking for catering should check them out!

Sent on 10/19/2018

Southern Harvest Catering Company's reply:

Thank you so much, Barbara. We do love cooking, serving and helping to make sure everything goes as it should. YOU were a joy to serve and thank you for allowing us the pleasure of serving you.

Best-

Alyssa · Married on 05/19/2018

So many of family and friends complimented the services provided by Southern Harvest Catering Company the day of our wedding. From the setup to cleanup, they were absolute lifesavers not to mentioned SUCH great value for the services provided. Guests were impressed by the little things, the passed appetizers, their apparel, professionalism, organization, and OH YEAH, the delicious food from Q Shack! Falon took over a few weeks before our wedding and was amazing! She helped ease my mind with a flawless timeline and gameplan going into the wedding day. She even showed up to make sure things went off without a hitch! This company went above and beyond to make our wedding perfect.

Sent on 05/24/2018

Southern Harvest Catering Company's reply:

Thanks, Alyssa. We loved serving you at The Burning Coal Theater and appreciate the kind words. Best to you and James.

W · Married on 05/19/2018

Wonderful staff, easy to work with! Food tasted great too!

Sent on 05/24/2018

Southern Harvest Catering Company's reply:

Thanks, Wanda! We appreciated the opportunity to serve you. I hope you and yours had a wonderful Holiday Season and Happy New Year.

Wanda · Married on 05/19/2018

Great to work with and food was wonderful!

Sent on 05/31/2018

Kristin · Married on 05/05/2018

I was really happy with my decision to go with Southern Harvest to cater my April 2018 wedding. Laura (and later Falon) were incredibly easy to work with. They answered all of my many questions and emails. They altered the proposal multiple times as I continued to change my mind. They helped us finalize a final menu that we were really happy with. After the wedding, we heard from several of our guests how good the food was. The staff was professional, the food looked and tasted wonderful, and the prices were reasonable. I would highly recommend Southern Harvest for other catering needs.

Sent on 05/29/2018

Southern Harvest Catering Company's reply:

Thanks, Kristin. We loved serving you and your guests at Market Hall (great spot!). Thank you for letting us know you enjoyed our food and service and I hope you and yours are having a great New Year!

My best-

Ellen · Married on 04/28/2018

Southern Harvest did an awesome job at our wedding! Everyone loved the food, the service was wonderful, and they made sure that everyone left fed and happy! They let you go to as many tastings as you would like to make sure you are one hundred percent happy with the food you choose and will update your menu any time you have a change of heart. Our venue loves working with them and so did we.

Sent on 06/22/2018

Southern Harvest Catering Company's reply:

Thanks, Ellen! We loved serving you at The Cloth Mill (Nicole and her team are wonderful) and I appreciate that you chose my birthday to get married! Great day for both of us!

Happy New Year and best wishes to you and your family.

Diane · Married on 04/06/2018

We had a wonderful experience with Southern Harvest serving for our son’s rehearsal dinner @ The Matthews House in Cary. The food was delicious and as they assured me, there was plenty of food to serve our guests. The venue, food and service was more than I had even hoped for when I began my journey of looking for and selecting everything for the dinner. Thanks for everything.

Southern Harvest Catering Company's reply:

Thanks, Diane. The Matthew's House is home to our catering kitchen and the Chung's are really lovely people. We all enjoyed meeting and serving you and appreciate so much that you allowed us that pleasure.

Happy New Year.

Lauren · Married on 04/06/2018

I cannot say enough great things about Southern Harvest! The prices are very reasonable and the food is delicious. We wanted more "heavy apps" for our dinner and had such a hard time narrowing down our menu because everything was amazing. Everything was a hit with our guests--especially the mashed potato bar. Falon was so organized and attentive to what our vision was. We are so glad we chose them!

Southern Harvest Catering Company's reply:

Thanks, Lauren. We appreciate the great feedback and kind words. Falon is a very valuable and wonderful part of our team and I am glad to know you were well supported throughout the process. I love hearing that- many thanks!

Best,

Sarah · Married on 03/24/2018

Southern Harvest was amazing to work with from beginning to end. We originally began working with Laura, who was helpful in helping us decide on our menu and was flexible with our many changes during the process. Falon took over our event closer to our wedding and coordinated everything flawlessly. David and his event team were so friendly during our event, going out of their way to make sure our guests were happy and satisfied. The food was incredible, and our guests were so pleased with our chicken and waffle dinner. We're still hearing compliments on the quality of the food. I cannot recommend Southern Harvest Catering enough for your wedding!

Southern Harvest Catering Company's reply:

Thanks, Sarah. We really appreciate the great feedback and are so thankful you and your guests had a wonderful time. Cheers!

Sarah · Married on 03/23/2018

Southern Harvest was so easy to work with. They were always responsive to calls and emails and were very flexible with our schedule. The food was awesome and our wedding guests are still mentioning how good the food was. It was so nice to not have to worry about the catering company on our big day, they did excellent.

Sent on 04/17/2018

Southern Harvest Catering Company's reply:

Thanks, Sarah. We enjoyed serving you at The Cloth Mill and appreciate your kind words and feedback. It is always great to know that our guests were well cared for and had a great time. That is wonderful!
    Many blessings and Happy New Year!

Best-

Brandi · Married on 12/10/2017

Southern Harvest (and their sister company Q Shack) catered my wedding on Feb. 10, 2018 at The Rickhouse and I got nothing but rave reviews from my guests on how amazing the food was. We had a blend of traditional sides and BBQ, and it was all absolutely amazing. The service, the presentation, the food - all of it was 100% perfect.

Sent on 02/13/2018

Southern Harvest Catering Company's reply:

Thanks, Brandi, for the great review. The Rickhouse is an amazing venue and Sarah and her team do a great job. Thanks so much for allowing us to serve your family and for allowing me to be the guest "preacher". It meant the world to me to see you happy and your family there supporting you both!

Much love,

Denise (mother of the bride) · Married on 10/07/2017

We didn't want a normal sit down or buffet style meal for my daughter's recent wedding. We wanted an eclectic menu and decided on stations from tastes around the world. We obtained several quotes and not only was Southern Harvest the best value, they customized our taking to our menu!! We dicided to try them out for the engagement party and they blew our guests away with wonderful passed appetizers done in such an elegant way. Quantities were abundant the staff so professional. Working with Laura was so easy, she handled everything with such ease and is present and active at the events, making sure everything goes smoothly-- and it did! I still have guests asking me about the food and I regret I didn't eat more!!!!! I will be using Southern Harvest for any future catering I need- food and service is excellent!!!!

Sent on 11/07/2017

Southern Harvest Catering Company's reply:

Thanks so much, Denise, we loved working with you and your family!

Devan · Married on 10/01/2017

Southern Harvest did a fantastic job at our wedding recently! The apps, sides and entrees were perfectly prepared and the staff was so kind and graceful. All of our guests were enamored by the food and great service. You will not be disappointed if you choose Southern Harvest Catering for your special day. I know we weren't!

Sent on 10/20/2017

Southern Harvest Catering Company's reply:

Thanks so much Devan, it was great working with you!

Sarah · Married on 09/23/2017

Brandi so SOOOOO AMAZING to work with. We planned my wedding from North Carolina and I made various changes throughout the process but she was extremely accommodating and helpful throughout. On the day of everything was set up and went smoothly and I got multiple compliments on how great the food from the Q Shack was.

Sent on 10/23/2017

Allison · Married on 06/10/2017

Southern Harvest provided our wedding guests with a delicious BBQ feast. The pulled pork and smoked turkey were fantastic and the mac-n-cheese was amazing!! Also highly recommend the smoked sausage (it makes a great appetizer option)! The team at our wedding was great and we didn't have to worry about a thing.

Sent on 06/19/2017

Jessica · Married on 04/01/2017

We found Southern Harvest through our venue (Museum of Life & Science). We were so happy with the meal options and pricing. Laura was willing to re-do our proposal several times as we made changes, and was very flexible. The food was SO good! Multiple guests told us over the days after our wedding how much they enjoyed the food. The catering staff who worked our wedding were also great. They made sure my husband & I had a meal at our table, and were very attentive to every guest throughout the night.

Sent on 04/10/2017
  • Crystal

Crystal · Married on 10/08/2016

These guys are incredible. Laura went through about 17 versions of a proposal for us, and was unwavering in her patience and professionalism. Under promised and over delivered in every way, including the day of the wedding, which happened to take place during a hurricane. They were unphased, and brought their A game.

Sent on 10/14/2016

Laura · Married on 10/01/2016

We felt very comfortable with our options and pricing with Southern Harvest. Laura was wonderful at making recommendations for the menu that would allow for us to stay on budget but also have the feel and flavors that we wanted. She was also very responsive (one of the best of the vendors we worked with!), which helped to decrease wedding planning stress.

We did have a hiccup on our wedding day (a burner went out on one of the stations that resulted in longer waits for our guests), but Laura followed up unprompted the next day with an apology and a partial refund for the inconvenience. The food was all delicious and I just wish that there had been more time for me to eat all of it on our wedding night!

Sent on 11/16/2016

Dorothy · Married on 10/20/2013

Tom, Michelle and the team are wonderful to work with. They were able to come up with a fabulous menu within our budget. We didn't have to settle on anything...we were able to include hors d'oeuvres, wine, beer, soup, a carving station, and more without breaking the bank. We absolutely plan to use them again for future events that need catering!

Sent on 12/25/2013

Jessica · Married on 08/31/2013

We chose to get our catering done through the same company that runs the restaurant at the Museum of Life and Science (where we had our reception) not only because of the ease and value, but because the food was darn good, too.

We set up a tasting with Chef Rodney who had prepared an impressive spread to capture both of our palettes (we're hippy-vegetarian meets southern, country BBQ-lover). We both were delighted with the options and made several selections that ended up being our food for the big day.

Jessica and the staff were so helpful throughout the process and worked their tails of the day-of, especially as we coordinated timing of the food with the reception activities and went back and forth with guests numbers.

Our food was rocking and not a guest left hungry. The service, food, and price can't be beat!

Sent on 11/15/2013
  • Jamie

Jamie · Married on 09/22/2018

Highly recommend Southern Harvest Catering. We used them for both the catering and bar services. Falon is fabulous! She was soon patient as I changed my mind and the details so many times! She was also very quick to respond. They had a wonderful test tasting as well. Overall, highly recommend!!

Sent on 10/01/2018

Southern Harvest Catering Company's reply:

Thanks, Jamie. Many thanks for the kind words and for allowing us to serve you and your guests.

My best,

Janel · Married on 12/13/2014

The food from the Q Shack and Southern Harvest was fresh, hot, and absolutely delicious. A week later, guests are still talking about the brisket and macaroni and cheese.

Sent on 12/21/2014

We were scared to death when we started looking at catering for the wedding. But Southern Harvest was not only very reasonably priced but the food was delicious!

Sent on 08/30/2016