Southern Frills Weddings & Events Reviews

37 | Pensacola, FL

37 Reviews for Southern Frills Weddings & Events

Kristel F. · Getting married on 09/09/2021

Above and Beyond!

Kelly and her staff were amazing! They were organized, professional, fun, even the other vendors love her! She thought of everything and made my daughters wedding day very relaxing and enjoyable! She thinks very quick on her feet and always has an alternative plan! Would highly recommend!!!

Sent on 09/21/2020

Amy J. · Married on 06/17/2021

The best wedding planner in the world

Kelly went above and beyond all of my expectations and handled every situation with class and elegance. Being that I am from out of town, she handled every single thing for me and made sure I was taken care of during the planning process and wedding. She truly is the sweetest, most caring planner and I (secretly) miss our meetings/ planning together :)
    She is simply amazing. Xo

Sent on 07/19/2021

Kellie T. · Married on 04/24/2021

Cannot recommend enough!

If you are asking yourself if you need a wedding planner, you are not alone. We thought the same thing. We are very organized and thorough people; first thought was we could handle this. After working through the beginning stages we quickly realized that organized does not equate to expertise in the wedding business. That is where Southern Frills comes into play. Hiring them was the greatest move we made in making our wedding a success. From the consistent email support, to the month before dedicated meetings, to the day of, they are hands down amazing. Their expertise allowed us to craft an unmatched group of vendors that handled what we all worry about, weather getting in the way of the wedding.

With Maddie’s direction, the vendor team was able to transition our beach wedding to indoors without missing a beat. Our guests raved at how amazing everything looked and didn’t even realize it wasn’t planned to be indoors. Even more important, they handled everything, we were able to concentrate on our guests and the day instead of the details. If you are reading this you are most likely looking for a planner, I can’t express enough to stop looking, you have found the right one. They will take your vision and make it a reality, and if the unexpected does occur, they can handle it.

Thank you to Kelly and Maddie for making our wedding day amazing!

Sent on 05/20/2021
  • Jenna

Jenna F. · Married on 04/16/2021

The Best Day of Our Lives - Thanks to Southern Frills Weddings & Events

Words cannot express how happy and grateful I am to have had Kelly (Southern Frills Weddings & Events) for not only our wedding day, but also our whole journey along the way.
    I was the first of my sisters to get married, so I started out with NO idea of where to start when it came to planning a wedding.
    When our venue required us to hire at least a day-of coordinator, I was skeptical of who I could find to truly want what was best for me and what I visioned for our wedding day. Long story short, this was THE BEST thing that could have ever happened to me. This led me to Kelly and her amazing business.
    Working with Kelly was the EASIEST thing about the whole wedding planning process. From day one, she answered every question, email and text I sent. Not once did she make me feel like a bother! And when I say I had a million questions about everything.. that's keeping this review simple. There is no other person/company I would have rather worked with and will ONLY suggest Southern Frills to anyone that needs a wedding planner.
    I never imagined the process of planning/wedding day could be made so easy. Everything was more organized than I could ever imagine. Kelly kept up with every detail, contract, and plan I ever sent. With working full-time and also planning a full blown wedding during a pandemic AND hurricane, Kelly was able to accommodate my schedule and the time I had when I needed to meet. This alone is more helpful than a lot of people realize.
    I was having an issue communicating with another vendor and becoming discouraged / stressed, literally the first email I sent Kelly about the situation, the vendor reached back out to me the same day. I don't know how she works her magic, but IT WORKS. One of my favorite appointments Kelly came on was our final walkthrough at the venue to plan details of set up. She measured every angle, designed our floor plan, came up with a rain back-up plan with me way before the wedding day to save me the stress. Every single thing I mentioned that day was written down and executed the day of the wedding.
    Now to talk about the actual wedding day...
    Our wedding was the wedding of our dreams AND more.
    One of my main goals all along was to have no stress on myself, the groom and our parents. We wanted everyone to be able to enjoy the day and getting ready without having to worry about setting up anything or dealing with anything they didn't need to. Needless to say, there was NO stress on anyone involved ON WEDDING DAY, which is crazy to even get to say! Kelly and Maddy handled everything flawlessly. We were given detailed itineraries that everyone could follow. I was never bothered with questions on where I needed something set up (like I said, this was all decided BEFORE the day of the wedding). My wedding day motto was "Ask Kelly!" and the only thing we had to decide on was if we wanted someone to get more beer once we ran out! I let the Southern Frills girls know that some decor I brought could be placed wherever they thought it was needed, they respected my style and made our wedding look so high-end and detailed!! Seeing my parents being able to relax and enjoy the day was the best experience I could've asked for. The groom even got to fish for half the day! No worries in the world! We received endless compliments from guests about how our wedding was the best they had ever been to.
    This will forever be the best day of our lives, all thanks to Kelly and Southern Frills Weddings & Events.

Sent on 04/21/2021
  • Bayfront

Bayfront · Married on 04/02/2021

Exceptional Service

Southern Frills was very professional and accommodating to the bride & groom - their decorating was amazing!!!

Sent on 02/25/2020

Mady S. · Married on 03/20/2021

Amazing!

I can't even express how helpful Kelly and Maddie were leading up to my wedding and especially on the big day! I started my wedding planning process trying to do things on my own and immediately when we hired them I felt so much relief knowing they had everything taken care of and I wasn't missing anything. They were so organized and had every small thing planned out with every single detail on what would happen on the day off. Maddie was my coordinator and she responded instantly to anything I had questions about or any small changes I had. I had something come up two weeks before my wedding that I was upset about with another vendor and she really stepped in and took over to made sure I got everything I wanted! My wedding day would not have even been possible without this company and all that they did! They worked so hard to make sure me and my husband got everything we wanted and were happy at all times. Of course, there were a couple problems that happened the day of that they got fixed or improvised and I had no idea there were even problems that day or that we weren't "on schedule". I am so grateful we hired them and very thankful for everything they did to make my wedding perfect and me stress-free the whole planning process.

Sent on 04/06/2021

Susanna B. · Married on 01/01/2021

great team!

Kelly and her team were absolutely amazing. Kelly is so organized and her communication was so appreciated. I ended up having to change venues four weeks before my wedding and she helped me to handle the stress and transition like a pro. They did such a beautiful job helping to set up the space and make sure the events of the evening flowed effortlessly. It was a beautiful wedding and I can't thank her and Maddie enough!

Sent on 01/11/2021

Stephanie H. · Married on 12/19/2020

Thank you!

Kelly and her team are INCREDIBLE!! I never thought that I would be so calm leading up to and on my wedding day, but it was so easy to me because I had Southern Frills on my side. From the tiniest of details to big issues (hello pandemic), the SF team made everything seem so effortless and made our day a true dream come true. I cannot recommend them enough for your next wedding or event. The organization, the friendliness, EVERYTHING was perfect! Thank y’all so much for everything! The day wouldn’t have been complete without y’all!

Sent on 12/21/2020
  • Courtney

Courtney C. · Married on 10/10/2020

Made my wedding dreams come true!

From the very beginning of planning Kelly
    was a gift to work with. Words can’t even express my gratitude for Kelly and her staff. My wedding was something out of a magazine! It was THE PERFECT wedding and it’s all because of them. I came to her with a simple idea and they worked their magic and brought it to life. She had beautiful ideas and kept me on track with the planning process. (Kelly is the most organized and detailed person I know) If I had a random question all I had to do was shoot her a text or email and I’d always hear back instantly. When I would get overwhelmed with all things covid related she would calm me down and give me the best advice I needed to hear. Kelly is a top-notch planner and I am incredibly lucky to have had her help. She always had everything 100% under control...even when there was an expected hurricane planning to hit the weekend of our wedding day. She contacted all my vendors and had a game plan if the weather went south. (thank the good Lord the weather turned out perfect come wedding time) On our wedding day I knew I had absolutely nothing to stress about because Kelly and her team were on it. Every little detail, every step of the way. Me and my family were able to enjoy ourselves. I couldn’t have asked for a better planner, and I’m so grateful that we picked Kelly to help us throughout our wedding planning.
    10/10 southern frills, thank you.”

Sent on 01/19/2021

Dana F. · Married on 08/08/2020

Absolutely amazing!

Southern Frills made my wedding day absolutely PERFECT! This was a destination wedding for me so planning from states away could be difficult at times. Whenever I had any issue arise, Kelly handled it and always made me feel so much better. Kelly took care of absolutely everything for me on the day of to make sure I was relaxed and enjoying my special day. She also made the ceremony and reception are look absolutely beautiful. I could not have asked for anything better. The day could not have been possible without Southern Frills. Whether it be the big details or the small ones like having a frozen towel waiting on us to cool us off on the HOT summer day. My Husband and I got so many compliments from all of our guests and family about the great service.I would definitely recommend to anyone in the area or even anyone just planning to have a wedding or event in the area. You can't go wrong with Southern Frills. They are absolutely amazing. Thank you for making my day PERFECT.

Sent on 08/28/2020
  • Kendall

Kendall W. · Married on 07/03/2020

Extraordinary

Kelly is truly a master at her craft!! She was a dream to work with & always gave me her most honest & professional opinion on things. I felt that I always had a million questions to ask her & whenever I would send her a message, whether that be day, evening or weekend, she would reply almost immediately! When it came to picking vendors that I hadn't already thought about myself, she had a list of 3-5 vendors for every category & their price points.. which saved a ton of time & research when it came down to picking different vendors. She was always in contact with my vendors for me, which took off so much stress of calling different people back & forth. She was EXTREMELY organized, down to printing my inspiration pictures & having an entire binder just for me & my big day. This was helpful for me because I am a very visual person & need to see things on paper. The binder was filled with details & inspo pictures of different floor plans, table settings, sweetheart table, Photo Booth ideas.. & the list goes on! I cannot tell you how many compliments I got on the decorations. People were blown away, especially me! Sure, it came from ideas that I wanted, but Kelly made my vision come to life - I asked "do you think we could hang greenery from the ceiling?" - & Kelly made it happen. For weeks after my wedding, people have contacted me telling me how much fun they had. I know for a FACT that my wedding would not have been as beautiful, as fun, or ran as SMOOTHLY as it did with Southern Frills. I would also like to point out Maddie, who was there as early as I was on my wedding day & getting things together. She was also a dream & always had a smile on her face! As a bride, I think it's near impossible not to have any stress, but Kelly made the entire process as stress free as possible for me. When the day finally came, I sat up in my bridal suite getting ready, as calm as I could be, knowing everything was under control. She even brought me a bottle of champagne at my rehearsal! I cannot recommend Kelly at Southern Frills enough. If you are planning a wedding or ANY event, Kelly & Maddie are the girls for you!! Don't even think twice about, they are 110% worth it!!!

Sent on 04/01/2020
  • Charleigh

Charleigh K. · Married on 03/21/2020

The best wedding planner/coordinator!

Grateful for Kelly and the Southern Frills team. They helped me plan (and replan due to Covid) and coordinated my wedding day so flawlessly! She listened to what I wanted and was so helpful when I had questions! She brought my vision to my venue, coordinated with all of my vendors and I could never thank her enough! We also had the best bridal stewardess the day of to make sure my bridesmaids and I had everything we needed, were fed, steamed our dresses, etc. Beyond grateful for the Southern Frills team!

Sent on 11/19/2020
  • Carol

Carol E. · Married on 03/07/2020

Kelli and her team were outstanding for my daughter‘s wedding!

I’m not sure what I would’ve done without Kelly! From day one working with her for my daughter‘s wedding was truly seamless. Thank goodness my daughter knew her and it took great stress off of me. She took care so many details that would have driven me crazy to try to take care of. Her experience and expertise were invaluable.

Sent on 03/23/2020
  • Michaela

Michaela B. · Married on 01/18/2020

She made our day BEAUTIFUL

I hired Kelly to be our Month-Of Wedding Coordinator and she did a fantastic job! She made great recommendations and answered all my questions in the planning process. She designed our floor plan and developed the entire timeline, which were awesome, but her work truly shined on our wedding day. When she arrived, we made the decision to host our reception inside due to the weather. She and her assistant, Maddie, completely transformed the space! They handled everything and I did not have a single worry or stress all day! She and Maddie made some executive decisions with the decor and I could not have been happier! She has an amazing eye and brought my vision to life! Our guests made multiple comments about how amazing our planner was!

Sent on 02/26/2020
  • Laura

Laura P. · Married on 01/04/2020

Michelle and Laura

Southern Frills Wedding and Events planned the first wedding in our new space at Pier Suite. They did an amazing job! Everything was top notch and beautiful. Thank you for making our first event in our space so wonderful.
    Pier Suite

Sent on 01/07/2020
  • Allia M. · Married on 01/03/2020

Souther Frills has SKILLS!

I apologize in advance for how long this review may read, but I really can’t speak enough about the quality of service that Kelly and her team at Southern Frills Wedding & Events produced!

My fiancé Dan (now husband! Woohoo!) and I got engaged in Sep 2019 and were long distance (we were stationed in Cheyenne, WY and Great Falls, MT respectively). Although ecstatic about our engagement, I was worried about us planning a wedding at the exact same time as we were coordinating our military moves in Jan 2020. I am definitely not a planner, so I was looking for an expert in complete wedding planning. From Montana, I reached out to several planners in the Pensacola area to see if a Jan 3, 2020 date (roughly 3 months of planning) would be even possible. Kelly was lightning quick to contact me and set a date/time to talk to me and Dan. After our first conversation, Dan and I immediately knew that we were going to go with her—Kelly is professional, sweet, a GREAT listener, organized, and extremely detail oriented!

Despite the long distance between all 3 of us, she was flexible and kept great communication (phone calls, text, and email) with us. She recommended a number of amazing venues and vendors that met our price range. She even took pictures and videos of each venue we were interested in so that we could see what they looked like! As our wedding planner, she took care of talking to each vendor and upchanneling any questions/concerns we had. Once we decided to go with a vendor, she immediately got us the contract to review and sign. Kelly made it extremely easy to work with multiple agencies even if we couldn’t be there in person to do it. (She even handled our invitations and tracked RSVPs!) When we were able to visit home (last minute) and for a few days, she rapidly coordinated meetings for us to see the venue in person and even squeezed in a taste testing before we had to fly back.

Kelly is also prepared for anything! As a military member, I found her ability to foresee trouble and to prepare for those contingencies as a highly valued asset. When potential concerns arose (such as weather or venue), she had a back up plan ready to present to us and execute! All we had to do as a couple was to pull the trigger!

On the day of the wedding, I was not stressed AT ALL! Kelly sent multiple copies of a clear and detailed itinerary for my wedding party AND vendors on what to do at certain times and when to arrive/depart locations. I got to spend the morning getting ready with my bridesmaids and just focus on the excitement of seeing my groom! I would’ve never been able to do that on my own! Her organized planning made everything so seamless and PERFECT!

Kelly took care of set up and clean up of our venue. We chose one venue to serve as our ceremony and reception. With her creative and artistic ability, she transformed the space from ceremony style to intimate, fun reception style. I can’t speak enough on her decorating skills.. every little detail made was perfect and intentional. Kelly successfully translated what we wanted in our wedding—romantic, elegant, stress-free, and fun—into real life. I can’t imagine producing a beautiful, high-quality, and smooth wedding if we didn’t go with Kelly. If you pick Kelly, worry no more! We loved working with her and if we could go back and do it all over again, we would’ve gone with her even sooner!

Kelly, I can’t thank you ENOUGH for all your help and expertise. My friends and family can’t stop reminiscing how perfect everything was. Thank you for making our day so special and memorable.

— Allia

Sent on 01/08/2020
  • Megan

Megan P. · Married on 11/16/2019

They were so wonderful!

Kelly and Maddie were the absolute best! Kelly had an eye for all of the details for our day that I would have completely over looked and her knowledge of the industry really showed and made me feel at ease during the planning. I was able to relax and enjoy my wedding day with friends and family without any anxiety of things not getting done the way we had planned. Maddie executed everything beautifully and was calm, cool and collected the entire day. If there were any issues that came up, I never knew and she handled it perfectly. As far as we knew everything went off without a hitch, which I am sure was not the case, but we were none the wiser. They gave us the perfect day and were a pleasure to work with.

Sent on 11/27/2019
  • Ashtin

Ashtin G. · Married on 06/08/2019

Giambrone/Beckett Wedding

Kelly did an incredible job! From planning to execution, Kelly was top notch. She was always available throughout the months leading up to the wedding. She was flexible and detail oriented. She took the details that my daughter and her fiance wanted for there wedding and made each one a reality! The wedding was everything they wanted and more! Kelly kept us updated regularly on the budget we set - when it was all said and done - we came in under budget - but the wedding exceeded our expectations.
    Kelly made the process so seamless, relaxing and fun!
    The wedding decor was gorgeous, the food was delicious, the cakes were incredible, the flowers divine, and everyone had a fabulous time. Kelly made a trolley schedule - so most of our wedding guest did not have to drive to and from the festivities.
    I just cannot tell you how blessed we feel to have had Kelly working with us during this joyous time. She even survived the "bride Daddy"! ;) We wish Kelly and Southern Frills the best!

Sent on 07/05/2019
  • Jenee

Jenee · Married on 06/08/2019

Delivered my Fairytale wedding!

Kelly was amazing! I originally hired her over the other 5 coordinators I called because she was the only one that seemed as excited about my wedding as I was! She had so much enthusiasm and truly loves what she does. She told me from the start she wanted my wedding to be the fairytale I always wanted it to be and she delivered! She made herself available to me anytime I needed her or had a question. She always had great advice. Very sweet, very patient. Wedding day came and she was a rockstar! She went above and beyond what I ever expected. She took my dream wedding and made it a reality! I did nothing on my Wedding Day but relax and enjoy time with my family and bridesmaids. I didn’t stress once because I knew Kelly had it handled. And she sure did. She took over the day and made sure the day ran smoothly. She made sure we got everything out of the day we hoped for. She also made sure we always had a drink in our hand and we were well fed!
    One example of Kelly going above and beyond, I forgot my high heel plastic pieces for the lawn, (to make sure My heels don’t sink down into the lawn). I forgot them at the beach house where I got ready and there was absolutely no way to go back and get them before the start of the ceremony. I texted Kelly (I was on a trolley on my way to the ceremony) and she had a backup pair ready for me when I arrived.
    Another example, I waited till last minute to figure out where I was going to find 4 bouquets (1 bridal and 3 bridesmaids). I mean I waited till days before! Kelly jumped in and helped me find the perfect person to make the most beautiful bouquets. Not only taking that stress off my plate the week of, but absolutely working miracles!
    Amazing! The day would not have been the same or as wonderful if it hadn’t been for her. Thank you Kelly!

Sent on 06/25/2020
  • Kendall

Kendall C. · Married on 06/01/2019

Southern frills is a must

Kelly was an absolute pleasure to work with. Southern Frills helped me plan the most perfect wedding day from day one until the day of. They helped me prioritize and organize all of the wedding festivities and were available to talk to and ask questions any time I needed them. Kelly made sure that everything was exactly how I had imagined and continuously checked to make sure I was happy with how everything was going. My guests say that it was one of the best weddings they have ever attended and I thank Southern Frills for that. Kelly and her team created the most beautiful wedding day I could have asked for. Thank you!!!!

Sent on 06/24/2019
  • Destinee

Destinee F. · Married on 03/30/2019

The Best Planner You Could Hire

Kelly was so kind and professional throughout the entire wedding planning process. She kept me on track of sending over needed information such as contracts, numbers, and names. Everybpart of the wedding ran so smoothly do to Kelly’s ability to plan such a wonderful event. She was very flexible with having meetings because I live in a different state as well. I highly recommend Kelly for any event you’re having.

Sent on 04/17/2019
  • Kami

Kami · Married on 03/10/2019

Kelly is THE best wedding coordinator EVER!

I kid you not, Kelly is a Godsend. For real, she saw my vision and even did things that I would never have thought of to make our wedding simply perfect. The month of she took over and coordinated all of the vendors, created the day of timeline, and designed the layout for the wedding and reception. The day of my wedding I did nothing but relax because Kelly and Maddie took care of it all, and it was gorgeous!! I wish I could give Southern Frills a hundred stars... and even then, it wouldn't do them justice. I am so thankful and blessed to have had Kelly be apart of my planning and wedding day experience! It is very evident that this is Kelly's passion.

Sent on 06/13/2019

Holly B. · Married on 11/17/2018

The BEST, hands down

I thought after first getting engaged and starting the planning process that I wouldn't need a planner. **DO NOT FOR ONE SECOND THINK YOU DON'T NEED A PLANNER!!** I am so happy I talked to friends and family who encouraged me to look in to it. They know me better than I know myself and they really wanted me to enjoy my big day and not stress. That's where Kelly came in to save me. I decided to meet with her, because a consultation wasn't a big deal, it's just a meeting to see if I want to work with you kind of deal. Right off the bat, I knew she was organized and knew what she was doing. I felt so relaxed being around her, like I shouldn't have a care in the world and she would take care of it all. And boy, did she! All questions and concerns were directed to her. She coordinated all of my vendors; created a timeline; disbursed tips for us to the vendors. She set up the floor plan for us. She even made sure that I ate at the reception ( I wasn't very hungry from all the excitement, but she made sure I ate).She made sure the reception details were perfect and just how I had envisioned them; she checked on me and my husband and our parents through out the reception to see if we needed anything, if everything was going good; at one point I was so tired, she even tracked down an energy drink so I could continue through the reception. I cannot say enough about how awesome, professional, organized, and all around really nice Kelly is. If you are looking for a planner...wait scratch that...if you are engaged, you need to look for a planner, and I recommend you meet with Kelly at Southern Frills.

Sent on 01/08/2019
  • Stephanie

Stephanie · Married on 11/02/2018

Kelly is the most PHENOMENAL wedding coordinator ever!!

There are not enough words to adequately describe the amazingness that is Kelly!! We hired her for the month-of coordination of our wedding and I wish I could hire her for all things in life. She was super responsive, helpful, and gave fantastic guidance when requested or needed. At the rehearsal, she gave very detailed, printed handouts of the wedding day to the entire bridal party + parents so everyone knew where to be and when. Not once did someone ask me what time something was supposed to happen or where they were supposed to be. As the bride, that was TREMENDOUSLY helpful!!! She checked in a few times the day of and always with the most beautiful and happy smile on her face. I never realized getting married could be so stress-free and easy until I worked with Kelly. My husband and I actually got to eat at the reception thanks to Kelly (he even got seconds!) and we never wanted for a water or drink as she had full glasses on our table or in our hands the entire night. Our guests also had nothing but great things to say about her as well, what a pleasure she was to be around and how beautifully she executed the wedding and reception. Brides – hire her immediately!! You will not regret this decision and she is worth it!

Sent on 11/08/2018

Jordan · Married on 05/12/2018

I hired Kelly for the month of coordinator for my wedding. She was AMAZING! I could call or text her anytime for anything and she was always available to help me. I literally did nothing the day of my wedding and it was so nice. I was able to relax and enjoy my day with my girls. Kelly had coordinated with all my vendors and had a timeline for the day laid out. She had them printed to hand out at the rehearsal so everyone knew what was going on the day of the wedding. She was constantly checking on me and my husband making sure we had full drinks and didn’t need anything. She made some awesome recommendations for some of my vendors. You will not be disappointed with the service Kelly provides! Ladies if you want a stress free wedding day I highly recommend using Kelly.

Sent on 06/19/2018