Southern Event Planners Reviews

52 Reviews for Southern Event Planners

• Deborah

Deborah L Brown · Married on 06/09/2018

Knowledgeable, Go-Getter

Angela is quite spectacular. She worked hard behind the scenes with all vendors, suggested vendors, and on the day of the wedding, I did not have a care in the world because Angela took care of everything. Not one single problem, and everything looked wonderful in terms of set-up and all transitions were smooth and seemingly effortless on the part of her team. HIGHLY RECOMMEND!

Sent on 11/15/2018

Audrey · Married on 04/14/2018

Amazing team!

Southern Event Planners was a literal life saver for us! We had some huge last minute changes that had to made due to inclement weather and Angela, Kelly and there team were absolutely amazing. You will not regret hiring them!!

Sent on 12/05/2018

Leora · Married on 03/24/2018

They made planning easy. They were able to work with my schedule to sit down and go over every little detail.

Angela and her team were able to make the dreams of our wedding a reality all while working within our budget.

Sent on 12/04/2018

Sara · Married on 12/22/2017

Angela and her team were awesome to work with! They are so nice and really listen and care about what you want. They are very professional. The venue looked amazing and exactly how I imagined it for our wedding day! They did so amazing!

Kim · Married on 12/22/2017

Angela is FANTASTIC! She listened to our ideas and also added some we hadn’t thought of. She worked with our budget and found great people and businesses to provide the services. Kelley was our wedding director and she was TOP KNOTCH! I loved the whole group working with Angela. Everyone that attended raved about how beautiful it was and how great the food was. Southern Events is the BEST! It could not have been better. I can’t say enough good things about our experience. They really know their stuff!
    I would highly recommend Southern Events to anyone without a doubt.

Raven · Married on 12/10/2017

Southern Event Planners did an excellent job with our wedding! We were more than pleased!

Cheri · Married on 11/25/2017

Could not have been more pleased with my daughters wedding invitations and the gorgeous flowers for the wedding and the reception. The service Angela and her team provided to us throughout such a stressful time was amazing. I would highly recommend Southern Event Planners.

Sent on 11/29/2017
  • Candice

Candice · Married on 10/21/2017

Very beautiful. I told Angela my vision and it was executed. I was very pleased on my wedding day. The flowers were extraordinary!!!

Sent on 12/28/2017

Amy · Married on 08/05/2017

I gave Southern Event Planners five stars on everything because they were truly the perfect wedding planners! They were a joy to work with from the time my daughter became engaged to the very end of the wedding reception. Angela listened to the vision that my daughter had of her wedding and Angela and her amazing staff made that vision become a reality. They helped us find the perfect venue, fabulous photographer and videographer, wonderful band. They were at every meeting with the caterer and florist. When there were hic ups (especially with the hotel rooms), they took care of it. They delivered over 100 gift bags to the hotel, they picked up China in Nashville, they made sure everyone was tipped at the end of the night. They made the wedding day and night completely stress free. I cannot imagine having a wedding without their support. AND not only were they excellent at the job, they were a delight to be around!

Sent on 08/30/2017

Elise · Married on 12/17/2016

Angela and Kathleen did a great job with decor and day of coordination! Everything was beautiful and their help kept me stress free on my wedding day!

Sent on 02/02/2017

Jessica · Married on 12/01/2016

Angela was our planner and we could not have been happier! She went above and beyond in every way possible. We had a few hiccups at the beginning of the wedding, but she fixed everything and we didn't have to stress. Love, love, love Southern Event!

Sent on 03/02/2017

Danielle · Married on 10/29/2016

Angela did the floral arrangements for our wedding and reception as well as the table decorations. To say I was pleased and impressed in an understatement!

Sent on 02/14/2017

Jackie · Married on 10/15/2016

If you're a laid back bride like I was (actually if you are any type of bride), you very much need Southern Event Planners. Angela and her entire team were so helpful every step of the way, and they were able to bring my vision to life and elevate it to places I never thought it could go. I had a literature themed wedding, and my wedding was as detailed as my favorite novels. Everyone there is exceptional at what they do, and they were always there to calm me down the couple of times I did feel like I was losing it. They are some of my favorite people!

Last tips when it comes to budget, they will NOT blow your budget unless you ask them to. Angela makes sure to have a conversation with you to make sure she understands what is important in the vision you have for your wedding and recommends vendors that will do an excellent job within the budget. I used them for the entire planning of my wedding, but they also have other packages that would be incredibly helpful to any bride for a fraction of their full fee.

Sent on 12/14/2016

Valencia · Married on 09/10/2016

Booking them for your wedding is easiest decision you will make when planning your wedding.

Sent on 02/02/2017
  • ashlee

ashlee · Married on 06/18/2016

I understand you just got engaged and you are unsure on who to choose, You are looking at each vendor and viewing not only experience but price as well. How do I know this, because my husband and I were the same way. I just got married last week using Southern Event Planners and I will say they were worth every penny. As a bride you want someone who understands what you want and not what others want you to have. I will say Angela was truly able to capture every moment I wanted at the wedding. She really listened to what I want and was able to be there for me the entire process. Her team is outstanding she has a wonderful event planner named Kathleen and she was right beside me the entire day of the wedding. This team allowed my day to fully be stressed free, I would have not asked for anything else. This team is really worth it, because they are not only your planners but they become like your family. If you are on a budget they will work with you and will tell you each time if your are going over your budget before you spend more money. They really look out for your best interest and they take all the worries away. My husband and I had such a great time on our wedding day and I couldn't stop smiling the entire day. If you want someone who will capture everything you want and more this is the team. They are very professional and will make sure everything flows no matter what happens. I am so happy I used them, because people are still talking about the wedding and I know it would have not been possible without them.

Sent on 07/01/2016

Veronica · Married on 05/28/2016

I love Angela! She is very good at reading a person's flair and style and developing a look that reflects the customer. She and her staff are very easy to talk to. My small wedding which grew into a guest list of over 300 was no problem for Southern Event Planners to readjust and plan for. Angela offered suggestions in every area I questioned her about. From catering to purchasing ice. She is a pleasure to work with and I can't wait to see the actual plan as my wedding is coming up in two weeks!

Sent on 05/12/2016

Jana · Married on 05/21/2016

Angela was referred to us by Kathleen Davenport. Angela did an amazing job. She helped us with invitations, floral and linens. It was extremely cost effective. We planned our event within a 90 day time frame, so I was nervous- but all of our vendors exceeded our expectations!!

Sent on 01/17/2018

Southern Event Planners were amazing. While moving, going to school, working, and being a mom full time I was able to sit back and relax when it came to decorating and planning my wedding. Angela and Caitlin planned such a beautiful evening that exceeded all my expectations. When I did have my random bride freak outs all I had to do was shoot an email and had an instant response that put me at ease! I recommend them to the highest degree.
    Thank you guys so much for my beautiful wedding!!

Sent on 12/09/2015

Bobbie · Married on 11/21/2015

Southern Event Planners helped me to coordinate my son’s rehearsal dinner. They are THE BEST. Please do not hesitate to hire them for your special event. You will not be disappointed. They are worth every cent. Angela is an expert listener. She is very adept at capturing your vision and enhancing it with her own special touch. Caitlin at Southern Event Planners was assigned to set up and clean up on our special day. She did an excellent job. Southern Event Planners provided all of the floral arrangements and additional decor – candles, tablecloths, signage, etc., all were first-class. Our rehearsal dinner was everything we had hoped it would be and more because of their expertise. The ambiance Angela created was warm and elegant. Our guests were taken aback when they walked into the beautifully decorated room. Most importantly my dear son and beautiful new daughter-in-law were well pleased. I am telling you, do not waste time reading more reviews - stop what you're doing, pick up the phone, or open your email and contact Angela. When it is all said and done, you will say it was the best decision you ever made.

Sent on 12/12/2015

Alicia · Married on 11/07/2015

Southern Event Planners is an amazing planning organization!!! I was a bride who had certain things I wanted but I needed some help making my vision a reality. That's where Angela stepped in! She helped me form my complete vision and she made it all a reality! She also made it a reality within my budget! She's very creative and patient. She always replied to my emails, which eased my mind about different things I was working on at the time. On our wedding day, I couldn't believe how beautiful the decorations were. The wedding literally took my breath away. Angela is very honest, creative, patient and fun! Southern Event Planners was such a joy to work with. Angela also worked with our schedules because my husband and I work full time. Thank you Southern Event Planners!!! You made my big day so special and I truly appreciate it!

Sent on 12/12/2015

Danielle · Married on 06/20/2015

I am so glad I went with Southern Event Planners to decorate my wedding. Angela was the decorator and she was so insightful on all the decisions that needed made. I can be indecisive. She was very patient and gave her professional opinion when I needed. When I saw the final product the day of my wedding.... I was blown away! Everything was better than I had imagined. Everything flowed so beautifully together and we didn't even need flowers! But the flowers were so fantastic it was the icing on the cake. I'm very pleased with my wedding decor and with Angela at Southern Event Planners!!!!

Sent on 06/22/2015

Maria · Married on 10/18/2014

Our event was stunning!!!! SEP provided flowers and coordinating rentals (napkins, burlap runners, vases, etc). It was exactly what I envisioned and prices were reasonable.

Sent on 10/27/2014

Lisa · Married on 07/05/2014

I can't say enough good things about Southern Event Planners. We had a major illness in the family and the wedding date had to be moved up by three months. Angela and her staff went out of their way to contact all of our vendors and find the date that they could all be there so we wouldn't lose our deposits, even though we didn't hire her for that service. They took so much pressure off of us.

Angela did all of the décor, including the flowers and all of the rentals for the reception. It was absolutely beautiful. My daughter's bouquet was so pretty. All of my friends and family loved the décor and how the room was arranged.

Angela has a wonderful staff who help take care of their clients. They were very prompt on returning calls and helping us through everything.

Lisa Spencer

Sent on 07/29/2014

Leigh · Married on 07/05/2014

The team at Southern Event Planners are amazing! Angela, Tami and Kathleen were so wonderful to work with. They were able to the vision I had in my head and make it a reality.

Sent on 07/31/2014