Soundview Caterers Reviews

33 | Bayville, NY

33 Reviews for Soundview Caterers

33 Soundview Caterers Reviews

Steven Dodge · Married on 10/12/2018

Most amazing experience of my life!

I wish I could give more than 5 stars! Not only are the grounds absolutely beautiful but the staff was so accommodating. From our initial meeting, to our rehersal, to the week and day of our wedding. The staff went above and beyond to make us feel like family the moment we walked in the door. The food was amazing as well! All of our guests have been raving about every detail of the wedding day. Thank you to our family at Soundview Caterers for making our special day as perfect as we imagined!

Sent on 10/18/2018
    Soundview Caterers 1

Soundview Caterers's reply:

Thank you for the 5+ star rating Steven!!! We cannot be happier your wedding day was as perfect as you imagined! You are a beautiful couple, we are so appreciative you felt like family because we feel exactly the same! Congratulations again! Love, Your Soundview Family

Lindsay · Married on 09/22/2018

We had our wedding at Soundview and it was truly the BEST DAY EVER. My bridal attendant, Andrea, was amazing. She handed me a fresh drink as soon as my glass started getting empty and bustled my dress for me. When we went outside to take pictures on the beach, she let me sit on her jacket so my dress didn't get dirty. She was so sweet and accommodating. The food was DELICIOUS. The maitre d and bridal attendant made sure that we ate that night and we're so glad they did. Our guests were so impressed with the variety of options at cocktail hour and raved about how delicious the food was at dinner. The filet mignon was actually filet mignon and I was able to cut it with a butter knife. We had our ceremony outside by the water and it was absolutely beautiful. The venue is so clean and beautifully kept. We were a little disappointed that there was an outside vendor fee for companies not listed as preferred vendors at Soundview, but other than that, everything was wonderful. It's not your "typical" wedding venue - it's so much better. People always say "something will go wrong on your wedding day" but honestly, nothing did and that's thanks to Michael and his team. Our wedding day was perfect and went so smoothly. You are in GREAT hands if you choose Soundview to host your wedding!

Sent on 09/28/2018
    Soundview Caterers 2
    Soundview Caterers 3

Soundview Caterers's reply:

Lindsay & Marc, we could not be happier that your wedding day was exactly as you had envisioned it. It was our pleasure to host you and your guests. The Auntie Anne's & Cinnabons was a great touch. Congratulations to you both!

LeAnne · Married on 09/01/2018

September 1st, 2018 was the best day ever thanks to many, especially Soundview Caterers. We didn't think it would be easy to plan a wedding from another state, but thanks to the entire staff at Soundview, it was a wonderful experience that was as stress free as possible. From the very beginning, Michael, Diane, and Ricky made us feel like part of the Soundview family. Along the planning journey there were always prompt answers to emails as well as someone readily available via phone. The week of the wedding went extremely smooth thanks to the help of Ricky. The day of was perfect. Andrea (bridal attendant) was so helpful from our arrival throughout the night. Ricky was also there every step of the way. The food was superb as always ( I recommend going to the bridal showcase to try out the cocktail hour options) and everyone raved about the venue, music, food, and the fact that the staff was so involved to make sure everything was as planned. I am also so happy we decided to choose Matthew Adam Photography and Ultimate Sound DJ's for our event as recommended by Soundview Caterers. It was nothing short of impressive at how well everybody worked together as they are all familiar with how events run at Soundview. Thank you to everyone for an unforgettable experience,
    Love,
    Michael & LeAnne Simonelli

Colleen · Married on 08/18/2018

Soundview was the first venue my husband and I had looked at for our wedding and the second we walked in we fell in love! We wanted to book it that day, however our parents suggested we see other places first. We looked at several other venues on / near the water (Lands End, Harbor Club at Prime) just to name a few, and nothing compared to Soundview! Most places were outdated with old carpeting, etc., not to mention the amount they wanted to charge for what they were offering. Soundview is extremely reasonable with their pricing and they have the most BEAUTIFUL venue. The entire planning process was so easy with them, they were there to answer any and all questions we had and every single person who works at Soundview treats you like family. Everyone told us that the day of the wedding something would go wrong but honestly NOTHING went wrong everything was absolutely perfect! Our friends and family cannot stop telling us how amazing the food was as well as how gorgeous the venue was. Soundview also has a DJ that they partner with - Ultimate Sound DJs - use them!!! Everyone was dancing all night at our wedding and told us how amazing the DJ was as well. I could go on and on about how perfect this place is but to sum it up my husband and I could not be happier and wouldn’t have done anything different! We are so grateful we chose Soundview because they truly made our wedding day the best night of our lives!!!!!

Sent on 09/03/2018
    Soundview Caterers 4

Soundview Caterers's reply:

Thank you, we appreciate your beautiful review Colleen. It was our honor to host your wedding. Thank you for allowing Soundview to be a part of your special day. Congratulations again! PS...Can't wait to see your photos!

Courtney · Married on 08/18/2018

Soundview was the first and only venue we visited and we made our decision to sign our contract within 24 hours. My husband and I couldn't have known, at that time, how great our decision would be, but during our wedding, we were absolutely blown away. Leading up to the special day, Diane, Ricky, Michael and their team made every step seamless and easy. Keep in mind, we were planning a Long Island wedding from Rhode Island. We weren't the easiest to work with, but they went above and beyond doing what they needed to in order to accommodate us. I cried when I saw the ballroom when I first walked in. They had every little detail perfected. Ricky made sure we got outside for the BEAUTIFUL sunset pictures, he kept our bridal party in line and on time (which wasn't easy). I forgot to put my garter on in the morning, and when I saw Ricky come over with the toss bouquet for the garter/bouquet I panicked! Well - I started to, because Ricky and my MC pivoted and came up with a new plan within seconds! The food was AMAZING. People are STILL talking about it. They couldn't believe there was more food after the cocktail hour! Soundview physically speaks for itself, the location and beauty of the venue is easy to see. It's all the behind the scenes you don't know you're getting until you're living it. I know I am forgetting things, but there is NOTHING I could have changed, it was EXACTLY how my now husband and I envisioned it. We are forever grateful! Do yourself a favor, and spend the most important day of your life with Michael, his team and the most beautiful wedding venue on Long Island!

Stefanie · Married on 08/03/2018

Amazing amazing amazing! Our guests can not stop raving about this beautiful venue inside and out and how delicious the food is at both cocktail and dinner!! The service was outstanding. Ricky and Diego are absolutely fabulous! If Ricky didn’t remind us to eat we would’ve never eaten. If my dress needed a fluff he was there right behind me. He walked me through the whole day! When we needed a ride Diego drove us around the grounds so we didn’t need to walk an extra step he was there every step of the way as well! Mikayla our bridal attendant was wonderful she didn’t leave my side and was sweet and courteous all evening even when it got hectic. I can not explain in words enough how happy we are that we chose to have our wedding at Soundview!! Thank you a millions times over! Stef and Jon

Sent on 08/08/2018

Soundview Caterers's reply:

Thank you Stefanie! We truly appreciate this fantastic review. You and Jon are an awesome couple. I can't wait to see the wedding photos! Congratulations to you both!

Rachelle · Married on 04/08/2018

Soundview Caterers was the first venue that we visited on our 2+ month journey of looking and it remained as the top option for us as we visited almost a dozen other sites across LI. Michael (owner and head chef) and Lindsay were SO accommodating and helpful with every single question I had over a long string of detailed emails. What I loved the most about the Soundview was the fact that I would have been the ONLY bride the WHOLE day! It was a plus that the reception room was absolutely gorgeous, the view of the LI sound was beautiful, and the whole space is brand new and clean! We attended the Bridal Show which helped us view the room in all of its elegance, but also made us realize that it might be just a little too small for our growing guest list, particularly during the cocktail hour. They hold a maximum of 250 guests, but we have over 300+ on our list which we would be stressing out in fitting. Michael gave us a VERY reasonable quote, considering it was a Saturday and I could sense that I would have been taken care of by their staff.

Taylor · Married on 11/04/2017

Soundview was simply amazing in every aspect. We had the most amazing wedding day and people are still talking about how gorgeous the venue was, how excellent the food was and how professional and quick the service was. Multiple people told us our wedding was the best wedding they’ve ever been to!!!! Micheal (the owner) made us feel like family from the day we met him - we were comfortable from the very start - he is a true professional and also very honest and funny. We are truly so happy we chose Soundview Caterers for our wedding, we have not one complaint!!!! Thank you Michael, Diego, Sarah and the whole Soundview family for making the most important day of our lives a HUGE success and one we will remember fondly forever.

Soundview Caterers 5
    Soundview Caterers 6
    Soundview Caterers 7
    Soundview Caterers 8
    Soundview Caterers 9
    Soundview Caterers 10

Allison · Married on 10/07/2017

Over a year ago my now husband and I started our journey to look for a venue for our wedding that fit what we wanted, after looking at 5-6 venues our last and final stop was Soundview Caterers. The moment we walked in to Soundview we knew it was exactly what we wanted very modern and sleek (no ugly gross rugs here). We sat down with Michael and he was willing to move a party to offer us our wedding date 11-11-17. The day before our wedding we brought boxes of decorations etc. and I had specific directions of where and how I wanted everything set up. Diego the best maître d wrote every “demand” I was requesting and on our wedding day he nailed it, every single detail was met perfectly. I’m not the easiest person to please and I was extremely pleased (miracle). Now the night of our wedding had started and the cocktail hour was amazing every person I spoke to was raving about the food, drinks and what a great touch the piano player and outdoor area with heaters was for ambiance. The main event the reception it went off with out a hitch with the help of Michael’s amazing staff and I can not leave out the amazing house DJ Ultimate Sound. The room was absolutely gorgeous from the up lighting to the monogram of our names to the beautiful table set up including our cake showcased so perfectly, I could not be happier, the fireplace where we sat was a beautiful back drop for pictures, not that I took to many pictures because I was dancing pretty much the entire time to my awesome DJ along with acoustics and sax player who were probably the best I have ever heard. I have literally spoken to all my family friends since our wedding and have received the same response and I quote “one of the best weddings they have ever been to”. The amazing appetizer duet, pasta and entrees were delicious and I can not forget our mini passed out sorbet cones and Taco Bell exit station, perfect ending to a perfect night. John and I were impressed at the staff at the Soundview the employe

Soundview Caterers 11

Amanda · Married on 09/01/2017

Our Wedding was PERFECT. Diego, Jerry and the entire staff of the Soundview was amazing, efficient, loving and incredibly accommodating to all of our guests.

I explained to everyone that I chose the Soundview because I felt like I was having my reception at home and that was exactly the feeling all of our guests had too!

Mike, you are the most kind, incredible and just all around caring man. You remind me of my dad and I knew that you would make sure that our day was as perfect as you told us it would be when we booked. Thank you for treating us both like we were royalty.

THANK YOU from the bottom of our hearts for making our day even more special than we could ever have imagined.

• Nicole2017

Nicole · Married on 08/11/2017

I went and toured this venue after seeing the spectacular reviews all over the internet, and I fell in love immediately! I knew I didn't need to look anywhere else. Everything is beautiful and new, and they only do one event per day so you have so much flexibility. Michael the owner took me on two tours, first alone and then when my fiance was able to come, and he was great. Lindsay has been amazing at responding to my questions as they come up. I'm able to have a waterfront wedding at an amazing price! I can't wait to get married at Soundview.

Update: Well 8/11/2017 came and went, and I have to say Soundview completely blew our expectations out of the water! To say the wedding was amazing would be an understatement. Our maitre D, Diego, bridal attendant, Amanda, and manager Barry were our rocks that day, and made sure we had everything we needed, whether it be food, a drink or a bridesmaids bouquet that was left on the limo as we stood on the beach taking pictures! Michael and his staff truly make you feel like family and were so beyond accommodating to every request we had. We stressed about nothing in the weeks leading up to the wedding, and were able to enjoy ourselves fully the day of. Our guests will not stop RAVING about the food, and the friendliness of the staff. The ceremony space down on the water is breathtaking, and we couldn't have imagined our wedding taking place anywhere else. Our wedding day was truly fantastic, and we can never thank Soundview enough for all the memories we will cherish forever!

Jessica · Married on 05/13/2017

We recently got married at Soundview, May 2017, and I can’t possibly put into words how amazing they were. Our wedding day went so smoothly and was more perfect than we even imagined it could be. It rained on our big day, so we had to have the ceremony inside, they handled it so well. The transition from ceremony to reception was seamless. All of our guests have raved about how excellent the food was as well. The bridal attendant, Cynthia, and the maitre d, Dominick, were so helpful throughout the entire night. The owner, Michael, was also incredibly helpful and hands on throughout the whole process, from planning to wedding day, he was always happy to answer any questions or offer advice along the way. You can tell he truly enjoys what he does. Overall, we couldn’t have been happier and highly recommend Soundview!

Vanessa · Married on 05/06/2017

I'm not sure where to begin my praise for Soundview. When you are booking your wedding, and you are a year out, and learn that you are not only the only wedding for the evening, but the only event for the entire day, it doesn't hit home how amazing that is until you are in the thick of planning and coming closer to your event date. That point is invaluable to a bride, the amount of flexibility Soundview gives you is amazing. Michael and his staff truly do treat you like family, they will move heaven and earth to get every detail to your liking. My advice is to use their preferred vendors, they do not accept anything less than perfection in anything, including vendors. My guests have been raving about the food, and typically wedding cuisine is sub par, but that is not so for Soundview, the food is fantastic! The views and the ceremony space are spectacular, as is the entire facility, which is new, modern and immaculate. I can't say enough about how perfect our day was, it truly was the wedding I've dreamed of my entire life, and that was all made possible by Soundview. There is a sign out front that says "experience the difference" I think that perfectly sums up how great this venue is, it is truly unique and sets itself above the usual Long Island wedding venues. Michael, Dom and Cynthia, from the bottom of our hearts, we cannot thank you enough for giving us an amazing day!!!

Jennifer · Married on 04/23/2017

The venue itself is breathtaking. Choosing it was an easy decision. We had no idea at the time what a good decision it truly was though. The staff at Soundview made the entire process so easy. The flow of communication was great, they set up all of our decorations beautifully, and basically attended to our every need the day of. The bridal attendent (Cynthia) was basically a mind reader in anticipating what we needed and every single other staff member exceeded our expectations as well. And the food was AMAZING. Our guests can't stop talking about it. Any bumps in the road that we encountered with our vendors were expertly dealt with and we didn't need to worry about a thing. I don't have enough good things to say about Soundview! And you can't beat that Bayville sunset ;)

Elena · Married on 08/20/2016

I was such a lucky bride to get to have my wedding at Soundview Caterers! From start to finish Michael and his team make you feel important and like family. The venue is family run and not at all like a typical Long Island wedding "factory" venue. They only do one wedding at a time which was so important to me. From the moment I walked into Soundview I knew I wanted to get married there. The venue is clean and has freshly re-done wood floors throughout-no carpet! The outdoor space is so beautifully landscaped and it was so amazing to get married right on the Long Island sound. I also picked here because if it rained and I had to have my ceremony indoors it was also a beautiful option with its floor to ceiling windows overlooking the sound. It actually did rain on my wedding day but stopped about an hour prior to my ceremony. Michael had his staff out there cleaning off the chairs for my guests and I'm so grateful for him working hard so that I could have my dream ceremony outside. The food was also amazing, everything we had was so delicious and our guests raved about it too. I also appreciated that the price was all inclusive, no hidden service fees. It was refreshing to have that. As a Soundview bride you can customize the lobby to however you want to decorate it and you also have total control over the menu. All my guests raved about what an awesome wedding we had. Soundview is the ultimate definition of class. Thank you to Michael, Nick, and Mia and the rest of the Soundview staff for giving us the best night of our lives. We cannot thank you enough!! -Elena and frank

Shannon · Married on 08/06/2016

August 6th, 2016. Soundview Caterers…you made my dream come true! But, let me go back a little first.
    When you’re a little girl and you dream about your wedding day, you dream about the man and the dress. You may even dream about a horse-drawn carriage ride. But, you could NEVER dream up the day my husband and I had – and it is with sincere love and gratitude that we thank our new friends and “family” at Soundview Caterers for that.
    Where should I begin? Well, for starters, my husband Eric and I found Soundview by doing a search for Long Island wedding venues that held only one event at a time. This was important, especially to me. I didn’t want to be one of two, three, even four brides…I wanted to be THE BRIDE. After all, I was only going to have this day once in my life, I figured I deserved as much. Another non-negotiable was carpeting! YUCK! I was ONLY going to get married at a venue with hardwood floors. Carpeting and food should never be together!
    And, so, I wound up at Soundview Caterers. One event at a time. Hardwood floors (brand-new might I add). It was the first of thirteen halls Eric and I looked at. Truth be told, I wanted to stop as soon as I saw Soundview and met Michael.
    First impression: Drop dead gorgeous! “This is where I want to get married!!!” Right on the Long Island Sound, breathtaking view. Brand-new!!! Ballroom: Hardwood floors, cream-colored walls, white accents, chandeliers. It was everything I wanted and more. Cocktail hour leading out to a patio. Stone walkway leading to a ceremony space. Gazebo. Again…that view! I was getting married in Church, but the space outside, even if just for photos…amazing!!!
    When we sat down with Michael, I could hardly contain my excitement. After going over menu options and pricing, I had made up my mind for the fifth time since we’d gotten there. Continued on LIWeddings because this cut me off :(

Jennifer · Married on 06/11/2016

Beautiful venue, excellent food, gorgeous view, incredible staff - perfect venue for our engagement party June 13, 2015.

When looking for a venue for our engagement party, Soundview immediately came to mind. What I did not know is it is newly renovated as of March 2015, with new owners. We did a food tasting the food was incredible. The room has all new painting, moldings, new lighting which adds a lot to the room. We had the cocktail hour and reception upstairs, and we had 115 people and could have comfortably fit more.

Aldiana and Michael were so accommodating and helpful. They were responsive to all of our requests, and truly helped make it the perfect evening.

We would highly recommend Soundview for any and every special occasion. We had the perfect night. Our guests keep talking about how incredible everything was from the view, the food, the service...everything!

Thank you Soundview!!

Kerri · Married on 06/11/2016

Where do I even begin? The first thing I usually hear from married couples is how something ALWAYS goes wrong, but not to worry, and just carry on. Well. I can honestly say NOTHING whatsoever went wrong with this venue. The level of professionalism, courtesy, and individual attention our wedding received was unparalleled.

To begin, the ceremony was to be held outside, right along the water of the sound. The weather called for rain, and even potential hail, and to hear that Michael (the owner) was even so worried for us that HE lost sleep, was unreal. HE was as concerned for our day as we were. That was amazing. As we awaited the day's events, I was getting nervous. I wanted a quick drink to relax myself a bit, and their bar didn't stock my drink of choice. I could not believe when one of the employees left, went to the store, and bought it for me. At another point, I went running outside barefoot, and the bridal attendant chased me outside, carrying my shoes. They watched me every step of the way, and provided service second to none.

The place is immaculately kept. Michael runs a tight ship, making sure every detail is captured. The food is also unbelievable. All of our guests commented on how good it was. Before you're even served dinner, Soundview provides copious amounts of food during cocktail hour, and each option more delicious than the last. It's comparable to being in a fine dining restaurant, and NOTHING like typical wedding fare.

I truly cannot recommend Soundview enough. I am thoroughly impressed with how well everything went at our wedding. Michael, Aldiana, Mia, Jamie, Nick, and everyone ensured that we would have the best day of our lives, and we certainly did.

Ava · Married on 05/29/2016

My husband and I began our venue search a few months after getting engaged in early 2015, and Soundview was the first venue we went to see in person. We really wanted our wedding to feel intimate and special, so we were hoping to find a venue that held only one event at a time. Soundview fit the bill and we fell in love with it right away, of course we decided to visit other venues just to make sure we weren't jumping the gun. However, even after viewing several other well known, and high end venues, Soundview was by far our favorite. The whole space feels unique separating itself from some of the other “cookie-cutter” venues on Long Island. The Soundview has so much charming character and classic detail. The beautiful crown moldings, stunning chandeliers and brand new hardwood floors really prove that not a single detail was overlooked. In addition, Soundview is newly renovated so it has all of the modern aspects that add customization to your special day, like state of the art colored up-lighting and HD screens that can showcase your love story through a photo slideshow. Obviously one of the best parts of having our wedding at Soundview was the location, tucked away in Bayville, right on the water. The views are stunning and are really emphasized by the floor to ceiling windows allowing everyone to enjoy the scenic beauty of the water as well as the sunset, whether they are inside or outdoors. These are all things that you’ll see right away when you step inside, but lets get to the actual event. Our wedding day could not have gone any more smoothly. Michael (the owner) and Amanda (The Maitre’d), were there every step of the way ensuring that not a thing was out of place. All of the decorative details I dropped off several days before, were arranged throughout the venue better than I could have done it had I been there myself. The food was incredible, our guests still rave about it to this day. The drinks were free flowing and delicious! They even accommodated our

Antonella · Married on 05/22/2016

When my husband and I were looking for a venue to host my son's Communion party, we stumbled upon Soundview Caterers in Bayville. When we called to book our appointment, we were greeted with such a warm and welcoming receptionist. We entered the catering hall and it was like magic. The room is absolutely spectacular with amazing lighting and chandeliers and the view of the LI Sound is breathtaking. When we met with the owner, Michael, we knew this was the place we would host out son's party. Michael is warm, respectful and a true professional. We booked our party and felt confident that everything would turn out great and we were right!
    Our party was held this past Sunday, May 22, 2016 and our guests ranted and raved about how courteous the staff was and how amazing the food was. We couldn't be any happier with the turnout. I would highly recommend Soundview to anyone hosting a wedding or special event!

My husband and I just got married at Soundview Caterers a few weeks ago and we wish we could rewind and go back to it every weekend. We have not stopped hearing compliments about how delicious the food was especially those crab cakes! We have also gotten so many questions on how we found such a beautiful place and how elegant and amazing it is inside, everything brand new from the wood floors, the colors on the wall , to the bathrooms and chandeliers and of course the beautiful waterfront that you can see from the ballroom and walk down to and see the sunset. The staff is absolutely amazing. They were such sweet caring people. They seriously treat you like family. They answered all of our questions and made our vision come to reality. They were also so helpful with our two year old son by making sure he had food and checking on him through the night. I highly recommend this place. You will absolutely love it and I promise you your guests will enjoy the day just as much as you do. Thank you Soundview caterers for making our wedding day as smooth, fun and exciting as you did.!!

Mark · Married on 03/20/2016

We were lucky enough to be one of the first couples to book our wedding at Soundview. As soon as my now wife saw the view of the ocean from the party room & ceremony location we immediately made the decision there was no other places we needed to look at, we were sold.

They walked us through the wedding options very candidly and we felt the whole process was completely transparent. Michael (the owner) was very professional and answered all our questions, even ones we didn't even know to ask.

Soundview also throws a example wedding for all the grooms & brides who booked, which was genius and it really did help us better visualize how our wedding would go, what we wanted & what we didn't. I'd strongly suggest you go if you book your wedding with them.

We loved that we were the only event at the location and therefore we had the whole day to only worry about us and not running into different parties/people.

Michael's staff were incredibly attentive to our every need and we couldn't have asked for better food.

The only Soundview suggested vendor we used was for the cake, which we were told was very good (we were too busy to eat).

We couldn't have been happier with how everything turned out. Truly a night we will never forget. I can't sing their praises enough, but they really deserve ever letter.

Alana · Married on 10/17/2015

Soundview Caterers is a beautiful reception location with amazing food, views and management. Our guests were blown away by the ambiance and the food. The team that coordinated our wedding at Soundview did a wonderful job and everything went incredibly smooth. They are willing to work with you on requests and changes and we never felt that is was a difficult process. We really can't thank them enough for a fantastic event.

Theresa · Married on 10/10/2015

My wife and I just had our wedding at Soundview this past weekend and LOVED it! The owner, Michael, and his family who also works there do an amazing job in making your event special. They are very easy to work with, kind, helpful and down to earth while also being very detail oriented. They really helped us plan exactly what we wanted without adding any stress. They only do one event at a time, so you know you will be their primary focus! The venue itself is beautiful. There is an excellent outdoor spot that we used for pictures and guests to enjoy during cocktail hour and would be great if you wanted to have your ceremony at the hall (we had ours at a church). The main room is beautiful. There was plenty of room for our 180 guests, photo booth and DJ. The room is also equipped with great lighting and views of the Long Island Sound. The wide array of food offered for cocktail hour was both delicious and beautiful. The dinner was equally as beautiful and delicious. We are so glad that we chose Soundview for our wedding as we don't think any other place we visited could have made our day as special as Michael and his staff did.