Sonar Beauty Salon and Bridal Nook Reviews

Sonar Beauty Salon and Bridal Nook 5
  • Ana

Ana Jimena Gonzalez · Getting married on 12/08/2020

Bridal Hair and Makeup

Our stylists arrived right on time and finished all of our hair and make up with plenty of spare time. I had a half-updo with a fishtail braid on the side and curls and my make up was simple. I LOVED it! I received plenty of complements since my looked very natural and clean.

Sonar Beauty Salon and Bridal Nook 6
    Sonar Beauty Salon and Bridal Nook 7
    Sent on 10/12/2019
  • Julieta

Julieta · Getting married on 02/28/2020

The atmosphere in the salon was cozy and comfortable and the staff is super friendly and thoughtful, Elena did an amazing job with y hair and makeup! They make great suggestions and I was really happy with my results. 100% recommendable!!!

Sonar Beauty Salon and Bridal Nook 8
    Sent on 10/01/2018

Gloria Parks · Married on 11/03/2019

Made my wedding day that much easier.

Sonar Beauty Salon was a pleasure to work with. I booked them from out of town and was able to schedule everything over the phone. Elena was our stylist for the day, and she was so great to work with. Elena listened to what I wanted and made me feel like a beautiful bride.

Sent on 11/12/2019

Heidi Capri · Married on 09/22/2019

Fantastic Service!

Rachel was wonderful! Her attention to detail was fantastic and her non-rushed attitude was so nice. We are most grateful!

Sent on 09/24/2019
  • Elena

Elena Weinberg · Married on 09/14/2019

Last-minute bride super happy!

Kristan was an absolute dream to work with. I had an odd request - early morning style for a 10:30am private ceremony that needed to last through the night for a break in the afternoon and a 6pm-11pm reception. I had a couple of inspiration photos but honestly didn’t really know what I wanted and was just worried about my super fine hair holding style all day. She got creative and worked her magic and it turned out perfect. We didn’t do a trial beforehand.

I also contacted Sonar really close to my wedding date after last-minute deciding I couldn’t do my hair myself and they worked with me to get me and my officiant in for styles super early on a Saturday morning with a smile on their faces. So professional and accommodating!

Sonar Beauty Salon and Bridal Nook 9
    Sonar Beauty Salon and Bridal Nook 10
    Sent on 09/22/2019
  • Gina

Gina Rubio · Married on 08/17/2019

Elena and Rachel are the BEST!

Elena and Rachel came to the rescue after my original hair / make up lady broke our contract and cancelled on me and my bridesmaids. Elena was so fast and did a wonderful job on my matron of honor and sister in laws hair. She also did the makeup for m matron of honor and did an amazing job and nailed the look my matron of honor was trying to achieve. Rachel worked her magic on me and did an amazing job on my hair and makeup she took her time and ensured I looked flawless. She even packed me a make up touch up kit for the evening, so I would look gorgeous all day and night thru the reception. I can't say enough about these two, they make a great team and everyone at the wedding commented on how stunning me and my bridal party looked all evening!

Sent on 09/05/2019

Andrea · Married on 07/05/2019

Perfect hair and makeup

Sonar beauty was fantastic. Kristan was able to create the perfect look with very little direction. She worked quickly and efficiently. The hairdo help up for multiple hours and the makeup stayed put even in the Texas heat.

Thank you so much!

Sent on 07/10/2019

Julia · Married on 06/15/2019

Excellent hair/makeup service!

Sonar Beauty was a joy to work with. From the initial booking process all the way to the day of the wedding, communication was a breeze and I felt updated and informed the entire way through. Julie was excellent in addressing all of my booking concerns/needs. My stylists for the wedding day were Chelsea and Felicity, and they were both very professional while also being a ton of fun to work with. They were very respectful of my/my bridesmaids' requests and provided a lot of great hair/makeup tips moving forward :) I was a bit nervous the day of my wedding because I had been unable to book a trial hair/makeup run, since I do not live in the area. However, both stylists assured me that they had my back and I could not have been more satisfied with the service that they provided. I would absolutely recommend booking with Sonar Beauty if you are in the Austin area.

Sent on 06/18/2019
  • Cat

Cat Cook · Married on 06/15/2019

Cute/Chill Salon with Great Service

My bridesmaids and I had the best time hanging out at Sonar Beauty Salon before my wedding. Kristen was a dream to work with. She listened attentively to my feedback during the hair and makeup trial and honored the fact that I'm not a big makeup gal by creating a flawless natural look. On the day of the wedding, she was relaxed and laidback which created a calm atmosphere. She also worked incredibly hard and did multiple peoples hair and makeup in a crazy efficient amount of time. Our hair and makeup looked stunning and held up all night at my outdoor wedding on a 95 degree summer day. The salon itself was adorable and comfortable. We brought lunch/champagne and lounged on the cute back patio and indoors in the intimate seating area. We really enjoyed our experience hanging out at the salon and felt glam throughout the evening thanks to our beautiful makeup and hair service!

Sonar Beauty Salon and Bridal Nook 11
    Sent on 06/29/2019
  • Tara

Tara Lewis · Married on 05/04/2019

Extremely Talented Wedding Team

We didn't get a chance to do a trial look as I live in Seattle, but these ladies were so professional and extremely talented. We just showed them our dress and told them what we wanted and they delivered to perfection! Everyone felt so confident and so beautiful all night and our picture look amazing!

Sonar Beauty Salon and Bridal Nook 12
    Sonar Beauty Salon and Bridal Nook 13
    Sonar Beauty Salon and Bridal Nook 14
    Sonar Beauty Salon and Bridal Nook 15
    Sent on 09/08/2019

Caitlin · Married on 01/20/2019

Feeling like a princess

From the trial to the day of I felt extremely pampered and taken care of by my Sonar Beauty team. I know nothing about hair and makeup. When I went in with one pinterest photo of a hair style and said I wanted simple but beautiful makeup it was like they read my mind without me having the thoughts. I had a few comments after the trial that were effortlessly included the day of my wedding. The stylists were efficient and fun! My whole bridal party loved the whole experience. I highly recommend Sonar Beauty!

Sent on 01/23/2019
  • Alyssa

Alyssa · Married on 01/19/2019

Amazing, super agile, friendly staff and service

Kristan and the team at Sonar Beauty were thoughtful, timely, super professional and agile with my ever-changing plans. Kristan did a GREAT job during the trial, and when, at the last minute, I requested a darker lip on the day of, she didn't break a sweat. I would recommend these guys again and again and again - they did an AMAZING job and I was so so glad to have such professional work on my big day!

Sonar Beauty Salon and Bridal Nook 16
    Sonar Beauty Salon and Bridal Nook 17
    Sent on 01/24/2019

Jocelyn · Married on 05/27/2018

Rachel did my hair and make up for my wedding and I was SO impressed! I don't wear make-up and I am super picky. I usually hate it when I get my make-up done, but figured I should probably do it on my wedding day for pictures. I was so so so happy with my make-up on my wedding day. I looked just like a more special version of myself. She kept it natural looking and highlighted my features. It was exactly what I wanted. My mom also got her make-up done by Rachel because she was so impressed with her. My mom looked awesome as well! I would choose her over and over again. I wish Rachel could do my make up every time I have a special event!

Sent on 06/18/2018

Jessica · Married on 05/26/2018

We hired Elena with Sonar and she was awesome! She exceeded expectations, did my hair so well as well as my bridesmaids, she kept time in mind as she is very fast, and just overall it was a great experience! Definitely recommend!

Sonar Beauty Salon and Bridal Nook 18
    Sonar Beauty Salon and Bridal Nook 19
    Sonar Beauty Salon and Bridal Nook 20
    Sonar Beauty Salon and Bridal Nook 21
    Sonar Beauty Salon and Bridal Nook 22
    Sent on 06/19/2018
  • F

Felicity · Married on 05/14/2018

I did a trial service for my wedding with Kristin and I can't tell you how beautiful I felt when I left! She did exactly what I asked for an even made suggestions as to what might look better given the fact I need to look good in person AND in my photos. The salon is so super cute, too! I highly recommend Kirstin and her team!!

Sent on 12/29/2017

jessica · Married on 05/05/2018

I can't say enough good things about Sonar! I knew I was in good hands after my hair trial, I wasn't sure what I wanted and Elena gave me two looks that I loved! She was amazing! Each of my girls LOVED their hairstyles, everyone had different style and she was able to capture what each girl wanted. Not only did she do a great job with everyone but she was also so nice , she was a pleasure to work with! I would recommend Elena and Sonar! Picking good vendors is so important, this whole process was stress free and everything I wanted. Thank you Elena!!

Sent on 06/06/2018

Allison · Married on 04/13/2018

Hanna did wedding day hair for myself and my MOH. Hanna did an excellent job with our hair (she has 9+ years experience) and was so fun and laid back. I am so glad we decided to go with Sonar for wedding day hair!

Sent on 04/25/2018

Lucy · Married on 04/07/2018

The whole team was incredibly responsive and made sure that everyone looked amazing for the big day.

Sent on 04/16/2018

Erin · Married on 03/31/2018

Sonar Beauty was great, and made everything easy and stress-free. I used them for my on-site wedding hair/makeup, as well as my bridesmaids’ makeup.

Kristan and her assistant were on-time, friendly and fit in seamlessly with our group of girls. None of us had ever had our makeup professionally done before, and they both made us feel comfortable, at-ease and attended to. They listened to exactly what everyone wanted, and made sure everyone’s look matched up with their individual requests.

And we all ended up looking beautiful, but still like ourselves. Would highly recommend!!

Sent on 04/29/2018
  • Ashley

Ashley · Married on 03/11/2018

Beautiful wedding look at great value

Their services are fairly priced, especially since they travel to your venue. A lot of the other beauty vendors were much more expensive. My stylist was Rachel. Not only was she very sweet and friendly, she also did a fantastic trial run and beautiful on the day of as well. I didn’t realize how exceptional everything looked until I got my photos back from the photographer. Rachel is fantastic, and I am so happy with how the hair and makeup came out. I also loved that the wedding package came with a trial appointment, as well as airbrushing and fake lashes. They were also extremely easy to get ahold of, and had great communication. Which was important for me because I was planning this wedding from Florida. Thank you!!!

Sonar Beauty Salon and Bridal Nook 23
    Sonar Beauty Salon and Bridal Nook 24
    Sonar Beauty Salon and Bridal Nook 25
    Sent on 05/26/2019

Tammy · Married on 01/28/2018

Elena was great! She was on time and did an excellent job on my hair and makeup. She has the perfect temperment for working with brides, always calm and positive. Even when I changed my mind about my hair last minute, Elena went with the flow and exceeded all my expectations. I am very satisfied with the price and quality of her work, and highly recommend her to other brides.

Sent on 02/18/2018

Josie · Married on 11/18/2017

I loved working with sonar beauty! They were quick to respond to my questions, gave great advice when it came to choosing between hair styles as I couldn't quite decide, professional, and on time! I highly recommend these ladies!

Sonar Beauty Salon and Bridal Nook 26
    Sonar Beauty Salon and Bridal Nook 27
    Sonar Beauty Salon and Bridal Nook 28
    Sonar Beauty Salon and Bridal Nook 29
    Sonar Beauty Salon and Bridal Nook 30
    Sent on 12/22/2017

Emma · Married on 11/04/2017

Kristen and her team were absolutely wonderful! I went in for my trial a few months before our wedding. She was able to make my hair absolutely perfect without any photos. On the day of our wedding, they arrived on time and got to work immediately. They soon had us ahead of schedule and looking absolutely flawless.

Sonar Beauty Salon and Bridal Nook 31
    Sonar Beauty Salon and Bridal Nook 32
    Sonar Beauty Salon and Bridal Nook 33
    Sonar Beauty Salon and Bridal Nook 34
    Sonar Beauty Salon and Bridal Nook 35
    Sent on 12/26/2017

Alyssa · Married on 10/14/2017

I live in Katy, Tx but my wedding was going to be at The Oasis on Lake Travis. So bring unfamiliar with any hair salons in Austin, I had to do lots of research. After filling out many inquiry forms and trying to get ahold of multiple salons with great ratings for my bridal and bridesmaids hair, I stumbled across Sonar Beauty. They (Hannah) contacted me almost immediately with availability, pricing and contact information. I spoke with Hannah several times and was able to pay the deposit (which covered my bridal hair) over the phone to secure my date and later the remaining balance when I was ready. It was very easy, stress free and convenient. She gave me Elena’s (my stylist) cell number and email so we could continue to be in contact as to what I wanted and when/where she needed to be on my special day. Elena was right on time, showed up with all her supplies ready to go at the venue. She informed me that she worked fast, which was awesome because she would stay for any touch ups or whatever was needed for our hair needs. She was friendly, sweet, and super chill to make the day go by with less stress. Elena did exactly what I wanted for my hair and my two bridesmaids. She was awesome. Had I not used a family friend for makeup, I would have used Elena to do our makeup as well. Thank you Elena, Hannah and Sonar Beauty for making me look beautiful on my wedding day. I highly recommend them and will use them again anytime I am in Austin.

Sonar Beauty Salon and Bridal Nook 36
    Sonar Beauty Salon and Bridal Nook 37
    Sonar Beauty Salon and Bridal Nook 38
    Sonar Beauty Salon and Bridal Nook 39
    Sent on 12/07/2017

Sonar Beauty Salon and Bridal Nook's reply:

Thank you so much for the review, we appreciate the time you took to write it. You look beautiful.

Daniela · Married on 07/15/2017

Brooke and Elena are awesome! Elena did my bridesmaids hair, they all loved it and Elena really tried to do what each one wanted. She was also very fast. Brooke did my hair and make up and I could not have loved it more. My hair was beautiful, she changed it up a little from my trail but I loved it even more. My make up was spectacular and it looked great all night and most importantly, it didn't look cakey. I am really happy to have booked with them and 100% recommend brides to do so too. Also, they are really nice and friendly we had a good time. There was also another girl that did the my bridesmaids make up but I can't remember her name and she also did a fantastic job and was super patient.

Sent on 08/19/2017

Sonar Beauty Salon and Bridal Nook's reply:

YAY! thank you so much for the review! We are thrilled to hear you had a great experience.