Somni Events Reviews

Somni Events View more information

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2021 Winner

• John
    John J. Married on 11/18/2021

Dreams really do come true!

Michelle was on point, on time, and highly detailed from the very beginning of our wedding planning process to the end of our wedding night. Our dream wedding was made real and we couldn’t be happier with Somni Events making it happen. Thank you, Michelle and the Somni Events Team for everything!
    Tiffany Married on 10/16/2021

So happy Somni Events was part of our wedding

Michelle’s team was so helpful during the whole process of wedding planning.
    Our coordinator, Janice was very detail oriented. She thought of things in the logistical process that I didn’t even think about. Having Janice as our coordinator really made our lives easier because they thought of everything.
    Janice and Michelle also coordinated all of the vendors and handled the remaining paperwork. That was a huge help because that took some burden off of us.
    It was busy season for me at work so it was helpful that Janice and Michelle kept me on track and sent me reminders. Janice and Michelle were available by phone, text, and email whenever we had questions.
    On the wedding day, Janice and the team helped to coordinate our last minute taco decision and also assisted to collect all of our wedding items. They took care of all the questions that would be directed to us so that we didn’t have to worry about them.
    So happy and grateful that we had Michelle and Janice during our wedding planning process
    Lindsay T. Married on 10/08/2021

Best decision I made for our wedding!

Hands down the best decision I ever made was hiring Somni Events for my wedding. Michelle did such an amazing job on our big day, making the whole process smooth and enjoyable. Not only is Michelle classy and professional, but she is the sweetest, most down to earth person. Don't be fooled by her calmness though, Michelle can get things done! She planned our elaborate wedding in less than 6 months with prompt execution. She has impeccable taste and a wonderful eye for design. Michelle helped so much during the planning process and day of with her experience and expertise, all the while steering me in the right direction without once overstepping or deviating from what we wanted. We were so impressed with how everything came together, and will 100% recommend Somni Events to our friends when they get married!
  • Joyce
    Joyce C. Married on 10/03/2021

The best wedding planner in SoCal

Michelle was the best wedding planner I could ever ask for. I don't think I would have been able to plan a full wedding without her. She really went above and beyond in helping make the wedding of our dreams come true and was with us every step of the way from when we first reached out to her almost 1.5 years before our actual wedding.

Planning a wedding is tough. Planning a wedding in 2020/2021 with COVID concerns is overwhelming. There were so many things to consider and inevitable last minute changes. I am usually very detailed and organized person, but I would never recommend anyone attempt to plan a wedding without a planner. Michelle helped keep us on track and proactively reminded us of things we needed to do with templated docs and timelines for each task. Day of the wedding, Michelle made the whole wedding go by so smoothly. She handled all the coordination with the vendors and the venue and made sure everyone was on track with timing.

Michelle made everything we wanted to happen possible and never said no. I'm not very good with designs so I really valued her professional input, attention to details, and great eye for aesthetics when it came to the small but details like color themes, florals, table linens, and lighting.

Communication was never an issue with Michelle. She always made time for us and was really quick to respond via text, call, or email. She's also super well-connected in the industry so has great recommendations for vendors. We were so lucky to have her help with her years of experience in the wedding industry. Planning a wedding with Michelle was a really great experience and definitely alleviated a lot of stress.

Thanks Michelle & Somni team for helping us make our wedding a beautiful event we'll never forget!
  • Daniel
    Daniel Married on 08/07/2021

Wedding (Planner) of my dreams!

TL;DR: Want the wedding of your dreams? Hire Michelle!

What was the secret to our perfect wedding? Michelle as our wedding planner. Honestly, the planning process could not have been easier and the wedding day could not have gone more perfect. If you stop reading this review here, just know that we would recommend her 10 out of 10 times without any hesitation or reservations!

Michelle took our vision for the wedding and executed it perfectly down to the very last detail.
    She took the time to understand what was important to us and what we wanted out of our wedding day and really helped us achieve those outcomes. We could really tell Michelle knew her craft during our meetings with vendors, especially with the venue and florist. She could communicate and articulate our vision and desires much better than we could! She knew all the right questions to ask and even offered up thoughtful ideas/alternatives to achieve the vision we wanted when budget or other issues arose. Not once did Michelle ever feel like she was trying to push us to do something or make a sale. The whole experience felt very personable and honest.

Michelle made our lives super easy by laying out a clear and detailed roadmap of what we needed to do in the months and weeks leading up to the wedding. She set clear expectations and outcomes for each step along the way. Michelle was always accessible via a call, text messages, or email. We really felt like we were her only wedding clients from how responsive and attentive she was with us. We all know that’s not true :D

On the day of our wedding, Michelle and her team were like ninjas! I mean this in the best way possible. She was super attentive but stealthily so. They blended in so seamlessly that you might have thought they were a part of the crowd! BUT - when we needed something, she was always there. When something needed to happen, she was already on it. We just enjoyed ourselves and everything happened on its own. The vendors all knew where to go, what to do, when to do it, and how to do it. We have always heard horror stories about the wedding day and how stressful it can be - but our experience with Michelle was simply stress-free and it was just so much fun!

Final note - we can proudly say we are Michelle’s longest clients. Our wedding was delayed by one year due to Covid. However, the white-glove experience continued even through the delay. Michelle stayed on top of everything, checked in with us, and kept us in the loop. Just simply amazing.

Thank you Michelle!

• Jon
    Jon K. Married on 05/01/2021

Incredible Experience, 12/10

Michelle is just incredible. Her attentiveness, attention to detail, organization, and overall aesthetic eye gets a 12 out of 10. We don't know why anyone would choose to go it alone when planning a wedding, but whether you're considering a planner or a coordinator, the answer is "yes, do it". Michelle helped us select the venue, negotiated an incredible deal (which alone covered her fee 2-3x over) laid out (and kept us to) a tight timeline, put vendor options in front of us with her recommendations, was available to respond to any and all inquiries, and adeptly handled last minute vendor issues, and handled basically everything the day of. A lot of planners would probably leave it totally up to the couple to choose from a set of presented vendors or options such as table linens, furniture, color scheme, menu options, etc. -- Michelle knows this business so well and has such a great eye that she always has an opinion (and it's always right!).

I can't tell you how positive the feedback from our event has been; we've had guests rave about the food, flowers, color schemes, setting, music, and more. For almost every guest we talked to, it was the best wedding (or even event) they've attended.
  • Liz
    Liz C. Married on 11/07/2020

Professional, Personable, Prompt, Detailed, Artistic, Thoughtful,etc

I highly rate SOMNI EVENTS with Michelle! Originally, I wanted to be a hero ‍ and I wasn't going to get a wedding coordinator. I was actually going to do everything on my own to save some money and to achieve the satisfaction of the results I wanted. I am 1000% so happy that I didn't do that and actually got a wedding coordinator that is gifted and delivered with excellence. Michelle was actually booked for the same day when I first reached out to her and when the other wedding cancelled, she reached out to me right away! I'm super grateful that she did

SOMNI EVENTS was well worth the money for a peace of mind especially during the Covid Craze! There was an extra number of things to figure out and pivoting that naturally took place due to the pandemic. We even had to switch venues 3 weeks before our wedding due to unfortunate circumstances. On top of that, following a set of city restriction and guidelines and answering people's questions and concerns was not easy. It brought a lot of uncertainty because everything was always changing. All to say, she really worked with me and gave me a peace of mind and delivered well! We had an EPIC wedding!!

As I'm standing now on the other side of our miraculously great wedding, Michelle had a big part on making all the details work out so that it could be extra amazing! She was always encouraging and super on top of it with solutions. I appreciated her prompt email responses and all the behind-the-scenes/organization work that I probably still don't know fully to this day. She reached out to vendors, helped us find rental quotes, made sure everyone was on the same page and confident to deliver. I was able to actually have fun and be present during my wedding because all the details (that I would normally be thinking of ) was already taken care by Michelle and her team. They even packed some food for us to take back to eat since it is rare to really eat and enjoy your food during your wedding with so much stimulation and things happening.

Michelle and her team broke down/cleaned up throughly, help load the cars and everyone was out before our cut off time at our venue. The best part was that we got our full security deposit back from our venue~yay! During our ceremony (on the rooftop), it was extremely windy and cold...not to mention that it was suppose to rain!!!! Michelle was so sweet and prepared hot water for me and the wedding party to warm up. She even made a short video capturing our special day and sent it to us before we left for our honeymoon. It was amazing and exceeded above my expectations. If you want your wedding to be spectacular and successful, book Michelle before she gets booked!!
    Emily K. Married on 12/03/2019

Highly Recommend!

We hired Somni Events to plan our wedding as they came highly recommended by our friends, and it was the best decision we’ve made for our wedding! From the initial consultation, Michelle instantly brought us out of a state of overwhelm and confusion. Her expertise and guidance throughout the planning process made our whole experience enjoyable and easy! Michelle is very organized, efficient, and easy to communicate with. She kept us on track, ensuring nothing falls between the cracks. I couldn’t even really articulate the exact style that I wanted, but she just gets it right away. Michelle is truly talented at what she does, and the more freedom and trust you give her, the better your event will turn out.

On the wedding day, we did not have to worry about a single thing! We got to thoroughly enjoy our own wedding as we spent time with family and friends, which is exactly what we wanted! There were a few hiccups on the day on the venue’s end, but she handled each and every one of them with ease. We didn’t even know about them until after the wedding was over! Our wedding was everything imagined and MORE. They are definitely not the cheapest out there, but you get what you pay for. We were initially hesitant to go with their full service, but looking back, it was 100% the best thing we spent our money on.

If you are looking for someone to help plan your big day, we honestly cannot recommend Somni Events highly enough. Thank you from the bottom of our hearts!!
    Natalie T. Married on 09/06/2018

Absolutely Amazing

No words can express the immense gratitude I have for Michelle and the team at Somni Events. Michelle is a true gem!! She works tirelessly to make sure all detailed are taken care of so my husband and I can enjoy the day. Our wedding went on without a glitch, and if there was a hitch, none of us ever knew about it. Wedding day can be full of emotions, and it makes all the difference to have a wedding planner who is attentive, calm, and most importantly excited for you! Michelle, you make us want to do it all over again! We cannot thank you enough!
  • Monica
    Monica T. Married on 07/22/2018

Experienced, professional, organized, and so amazing!

Firstly, I would like to thank Michelle and her team for the absolute beautiful wedding day that they helped put together for my husband and I. Michelle is amazing, very sweet, professional, responsive, extremely organized and thorough. Not only was it a pleasure to work with her, she made it seem effortless. Due to a planned relocation and the Chinese/Khmer traditions of picking a "good day" with a limited selection of date choices, my husband and I had less than 4 months to plan a wedding. We had no idea where to begin! We knew we would need the help and we are so thankful to have met Michelle. She did a wonderful job. If you are looking for a wedding planner, I whole heartedly recommend Michelle and her team.
  • Jon
    Jon B. Married on 04/11/2017

My Dream Wedding

Somni Events took our vision and created an absolute dream of a wedding! Michelle is incredibly professional and handled our entire planning process with dedication and grace. Her impeccable taste enabled her to fully grasp our vision and execute it to perfection on our wedding day.

Early on in the process, we didn't have a very cohesive idea for the design side of our wedding. Michelle took our thoughts, saved photos, and the type of atmosphere we were going for and she created a design board for us. It included everything from color palette to design ideas of every aspect of our wedding from start to finish. It really brought all of our ideas together with new ones into one cohesive, beautiful vision.

Throughout the process, Michelle was so patient and flexible with us despite the many changes we had to make and the million questions that we had. She would go through them thoroughly and put our minds at ease. Overall, the planning felt very positive and productive. Michelle was very good at prioritizing tasks, big or small, as well as guiding us toward the right choice any time we were indecisive about something. Their online client portal also made it very easy for us to follow our wedding planning. We were able to check items off as we go and that really helped us to understand our progress visually. It was such a useful tool and addition to the whole planning process.

Come the day of our wedding, we felt like royalty. The day was seamless. We weren’t stressed for a single minute of the day. Michelle had taken care of all logistical details. Every vendor knew exactly what the plan was for the day. We were well taken care of and any time we needed Michelle throughout the night, she was no more than a few seconds away. The wedding itself also looked more stunning than we could have ever imagined.

We will definitely refer Somni Events to all our family and friends. We couldn’t have asked for a better experience. She truly made our wedding day the most magical and beautiful day of our lives!
  • Nini
    Nini Married on 05/10/2015

It was the wedding of our dreams!

I highly, highly recommend Michelle for any couple looking to plan their wedding! We had the most incredible, professional, caring, and efficient experience with our wedding planner. Michelle was referred to us by many of our friends as well as our venue, now I know why! Before even signing the contract, Michelle spent 2-3 hours on the phone with me and I knew I had to book her! She was so warm and genuine, and really understands all aspects of where you are coming from as a bride.

Despite the many weddings that she has to attend to, she's always made me feel like I was her only client! Throughout the entire process, there was constant communication whether it be via e-mail, phone call, or text message. She was always quick to respond with the many many questions that I had. Michelle also has an extensive knowledge of quality vendors both in LA and OC that will work in your budget. All of the vendors she recommended were professional and amazing! She gave us her honest opinion and helped us save on things we didn't need.

The wedding day itself was flawless. The execution was nothing compared to any other weddings we had been to. It was executed with such precision and every detail was accounted for that we were able to enjoy our special day without any stress. Her team was always there for us and anything we needed from the smallest details (e.g. water, shoe emergency, last minute sewing, anything else you name it!) Michelle has impeccable taste and we were blown away by how stunning everything looked! It was more beautiful than we could have ever imagined!

On such an important day, you really need to find an experienced wedding planner that you can trust. Michelle has done over 150 weddings and has really seen it all. She is blessed with such talent, and we were so fortunate to have found her to plan our wedding. We are eternally grateful!!
  • W
    Wilson Married on 05/10/2013

Five Stars!

I cannot say enough good things about Somni Events. After doing a lot of research, many calls, and meetings with several wedding planners, we decided to go with Michelle at Somni Events. We found Michelle to be much more personable and relatable than some of the other planners we interviewed. She understands the greater visions and executes with all the details. Some people are creative. Some people are detail oriented. Some people can execute. Michelle has all of those qualities. Michelle is incredibly professional, warm, considerate, patient, responsive, diligent, and knowledgeable. She really will go above and beyond to create your dream wedding.

By far, this was the best investment we made for the whole wedding! We could not be happier with our choice. Thank you Michelle!