Somni Events Reviews

7 Reviews for Somni Events

• Liz

Liz Chu · Married on 11/07/2020

Professional, Personable, Prompt, Detailed, Artistic, Thoughtful,etc

I highly rate SOMNI EVENTS with Michelle! Originally, I wanted to be a hero ‍ and I wasn't going to get a wedding coordinator. I was actually going to do everything on my own to save some money and to achieve the satisfaction of the results I wanted. I am 1000% so happy that I didn't do that and actually got a wedding coordinator that is gifted and delivered with excellence. Michelle was actually booked for the same day when I first reached out to her and when the other wedding cancelled, she reached out to me right away! I'm super grateful that she did

SOMNI EVENTS was well worth the money for a peace of mind especially during the Covid Craze! There was an extra number of things to figure out and pivoting that naturally took place due to the pandemic. We even had to switch venues 3 weeks before our wedding due to unfortunate circumstances. On top of that, following a set of city restriction and guidelines and answering people's questions and concerns was not easy. It brought a lot of uncertainty because everything was always changing. All to say, she really worked with me and gave me a peace of mind and delivered well! We had an EPIC wedding!!

As I'm standing now on the other side of our miraculously great wedding, Michelle had a big part on making all the details work out so that it could be extra amazing! She was always encouraging and super on top of it with solutions. I appreciated her prompt email responses and all the behind-the-scenes/organization work that I probably still don't know fully to this day. She reached out to vendors, helped us find rental quotes, made sure everyone was on the same page and confident to deliver. I was able to actually have fun and be present during my wedding because all the details (that I would normally be thinking of ) was already taken care by Michelle and her team. They even packed some food for us to take back to eat since it is rare to really eat and enjoy your food during your wedding with so much stimulation and things happening.

Michelle and her team broke down/cleaned up throughly, help load the cars and everyone was out before our cut off time at our venue. The best part was that we got our full security deposit back from our venue~yay! During our ceremony (on the rooftop), it was extremely windy and cold...not to mention that it was suppose to rain!!!! Michelle was so sweet and prepared hot water for me and the wedding party to warm up. She even made a short video capturing our special day and sent it to us before we left for our honeymoon. It was amazing and exceeded above my expectations. If you want your wedding to be spectacular and successful, book Michelle before she gets booked!!

Sent on 12/01/2020

Emily Kayne · Married on 12/03/2019

Highly Recommend!

We hired Somni Events to plan our wedding as they came highly recommended by our friends, and it was the best decision we’ve made for our wedding! From the initial consultation, Michelle instantly brought us out of a state of overwhelm and confusion. Her expertise and guidance throughout the planning process made our whole experience enjoyable and easy! Michelle is very organized, efficient, and easy to communicate with. She kept us on track, ensuring nothing falls between the cracks. I couldn’t even really articulate the exact style that I wanted, but she just gets it right away. Michelle is truly talented at what she does, and the more freedom and trust you give her, the better your event will turn out.

On the wedding day, we did not have to worry about a single thing! We got to thoroughly enjoy our own wedding as we spent time with family and friends, which is exactly what we wanted! There were a few hiccups on the day on the venue’s end, but she handled each and every one of them with ease. We didn’t even know about them until after the wedding was over! Our wedding was everything imagined and MORE. They are definitely not the cheapest out there, but you get what you pay for. We were initially hesitant to go with their full service, but looking back, it was 100% the best thing we spent our money on.

If you are looking for someone to help plan your big day, we honestly cannot recommend Somni Events highly enough. Thank you from the bottom of our hearts!!

• Monica

Monica Tieu · Married on 10/07/2019

Experienced, professional, organized, and so amazing!

Firstly, I would like to thank Michelle and her team for the absolute beautiful wedding day that they helped put together for my husband and I. Michelle is amazing, very sweet, professional, responsive, extremely organized and thorough. Not only was it a pleasure to work with her, she made it seem effortless. Due to a planned relocation and the Chinese/Khmer traditions of picking a "good day" with a limited selection of date choices, my husband and I had less than 4 months to plan a wedding. We had no idea where to begin! We knew we would need the help and we are so thankful to have met Michelle. She did a wonderful job. If you are looking for a wedding planner, I whole heartedly recommend Michelle and her team.

Sent on 05/21/2020

Natalie Thomas · Married on 09/06/2018

Absolutely Amazing

No words can express the immense gratitude I have for Michelle and the team at Somni Events. Michelle is a true gem!! She works tirelessly to make sure all detailed are taken care of so my husband and I can enjoy the day. Our wedding went on without a glitch, and if there was a hitch, none of us ever knew about it. Wedding day can be full of emotions, and it makes all the difference to have a wedding planner who is attentive, calm, and most importantly excited for you! Michelle, you make us want to do it all over again! We cannot thank you enough!

Sent on 05/12/2020
  • Jon

Jon Bias · Married on 04/11/2017

My Dream Wedding

Somni Events took our vision and created an absolute dream of a wedding! Michelle is incredibly professional and handled our entire planning process with dedication and grace. Her impeccable taste enabled her to fully grasp our vision and execute it to perfection on our wedding day.

Early on in the process, we didn't have a very cohesive idea for the design side of our wedding. Michelle took our thoughts, saved photos, and the type of atmosphere we were going for and she created a design board for us. It included everything from color palette to design ideas of every aspect of our wedding from start to finish. It really brought all of our ideas together with new ones into one cohesive, beautiful vision.

Throughout the process, Michelle was so patient and flexible with us despite the many changes we had to make and the million questions that we had. She would go through them thoroughly and put our minds at ease. Overall, the planning felt very positive and productive. Michelle was very good at prioritizing tasks, big or small, as well as guiding us toward the right choice any time we were indecisive about something. Their online client portal also made it very easy for us to follow our wedding planning. We were able to check items off as we go and that really helped us to understand our progress visually. It was such a useful tool and addition to the whole planning process.

Come the day of our wedding, we felt like royalty. The day was seamless. We weren’t stressed for a single minute of the day. Michelle had taken care of all logistical details. Every vendor knew exactly what the plan was for the day. We were well taken care of and any time we needed Michelle throughout the night, she was no more than a few seconds away. The wedding itself also looked more stunning than we could have ever imagined.

We will definitely refer Somni Events to all our family and friends. We couldn’t have asked for a better experience. She truly made our wedding day the most magical and beautiful day of our lives!

• Nini

nini Wu · Married on 05/10/2015

It was the wedding of our dreams!

I highly, highly recommend Michelle for any couple looking to plan their wedding! We had the most incredible, professional, caring, and efficient experience with our wedding planner. Michelle was referred to us by many of our friends as well as our venue, now I know why! Before even signing the contract, Michelle spent 2-3 hours on the phone with me and I knew I had to book her! She was so warm and genuine, and really understands all aspects of where you are coming from as a bride.

Despite the many weddings that she has to attend to, she's always made me feel like I was her only client! Throughout the entire process, there was constant communication whether it be via e-mail, phone call, or text message. She was always quick to respond with the many many questions that I had. Michelle also has an extensive knowledge of quality vendors both in LA and OC that will work in your budget. All of the vendors she recommended were professional and amazing! She gave us her honest opinion and helped us save on things we didn't need.

The wedding day itself was flawless. The execution was nothing compared to any other weddings we had been to. It was executed with such precision and every detail was accounted for that we were able to enjoy our special day without any stress. Her team was always there for us and anything we needed from the smallest details (e.g. water, shoe emergency, last minute sewing, anything else you name it!) Michelle has impeccable taste and we were blown away by how stunning everything looked! It was more beautiful than we could have ever imagined!

On such an important day, you really need to find an experienced wedding planner that you can trust. Michelle has done over 150 weddings and has really seen it all. She is blessed with such talent, and we were so fortunate to have found her to plan our wedding. We are eternally grateful!!

Sent on 05/07/2020
  • W

Wilson Wu · Married on 05/10/2013

Five Stars!

I cannot say enough good things about Somni Events. After doing a lot of research, many calls, and meetings with several wedding planners, we decided to go with Michelle at Somni Events. We found Michelle to be much more personable and relatable than some of the other planners we interviewed. She understands the greater visions and executes with all the details. Some people are creative. Some people are detail oriented. Some people can execute. Michelle has all of those qualities. Michelle is incredibly professional, warm, considerate, patient, responsive, diligent, and knowledgeable. She really will go above and beyond to create your dream wedding.

By far, this was the best investment we made for the whole wedding! We could not be happier with our choice. Thank you Michelle!