44 Reviews for Something to Remember Events

Referrals (2)
Religious (2)
Budget Analysis (1)
Full Planning (1)

We absolutely loved Michelle. I can't imagine not having her help us during the runup to our wedding or the day of. She was incredible and we miss having her in our lives.

Profile Picture Justin, 11/10/17, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Can I give 10 stars for Jennifer and StR events? I don't even know where to start with expressing my gratitude for all the hard work Jennifer put into coordinating our wedding day. I was a lost puppy newly engaged, in the big city, and never having planned a lick of a wedding before. I had no idea where to start, but I knew I NEEDED HELP. As soon as we met Jennifer, we knew she was exactly what we needed. She is calm, down to earth, and GETS STUFF DONE. All the vendors we chose were based on her recommendations, and they did not disappoint! She kept us honest throughout the whole planning process, and I was amazed by how well we were able to stick to our budget. To say that Jennifer held my hand through this entire journey is a complete understatement. In what would be shear chaos for me, she handles with absolute poise. Our family and wedding party all raved about Jennifer and her communication and organizational skills. StR Events is excellent. I highly recommend for any event planning in the Columbus area. Thank you to Jennifer and her staff, our wedding day was absolutely perfect.

Profile Picture Brittany, 10/21/17, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Thanks in large part to Jennifer Drew, our daughter's wedding weekend was executed flawlessly. Jennifer is so talented - she combines a deep knowledge of the business with amazing organizational and communication skills and professionalism. What stands out the most to me is how relaxed I was able to be all weekend and how much I was able to be present at the wedding for our daughter, our guests and family, and for myself. Jennifer's fee (so reasonable) was worth every dollar.

Profile Picture Marci, 10/14/17, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Michelle at STR was amazing from the moment I first spoke with her. I was planning a wedding in Columbus but living in Houston and knew that I needed some help to get everything done. STR was the first and only event planning company that I contacted and after my first conversation with Michelle, I was confident that I was in good hands.

I hired Michelle as a weekend coordinator. She met me for drinks at a time when I was in town so that we could get to know each other (even though that time was Christmas, she made time for me). Then, about 3m months before the wedding, she scheduled a call for us to discuss all the details. From there, she confirmed details with all my vendors, put together a timeline, worked with me on any changes and pulling together a checklist, and just generally made sure everything was going smoothly. She ran our rehearsal flawlessly and on the day, handled our minor hiccups with ease and made me feel so relaxed and confident that everything was being handled perfectly. During the reception, she always kept my champagne glass filled and I couldn't tell you how, but she was always right where I needed her when I needed her.

I am so thankful to have worked with Michelle. She made my entire vision come to life and helped to make sure everything went off without a hitch. Even our wedding guests were asking me about her!

Thanks, Michelle, and STR for helping me to put on an amazing event!

Profile Picture Marly, 8/12/17, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

I honestly don't know how you plan a wedding without Jennifer and StR Events! Everyone getting married (or planning any event) should consider making room in his/her budget for Jennifer (btw... her services are budget-friendly). She was amazing! From the first meeting she came prepared with checklists and spreadsheets to make sure we stayed on track. Not only is she organized, but she is creative and turned our half-baked ideas into a truly amazing and coordinated event!

The month of the event she took over calling and confirming all vendors, setting up final appointments, reminding us that a payment was due, and the list goes on. This took so much stress away, we cannot even begin to express our gratitude for what she did for us!

We did our wedding and reception on two different days - she thought of everything both days. She was there for us, our vendors and our guests. And she was always thinking of things that we never would have considered (like moving the guestbook so no one missed signing it).

Jennifer and StR Events were professional, caring, prompt, responsive - all the things you would want from a wedding coordinator. She also brought resources to help on the day of the wedding and reception that shared the same vibe and attention to detail. We trusted her fully, and it took so much stress off of us from day one until the big day. We were able to focus on the important things - like each other and loving the time with our family and friends. We are so so so incredibly happy with her work. Thank you Jennifer!

Profile Picture Heidi, 8/4/17, 8 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

Getting married is such a big milestone, and while the planning could have been very stressful and unenjoyable, Michelle of StR made it easy and fun--something my mom and I will look back on with fond memories for years and years to come. We absolutely loved Michelle's kind and gentle ways with us, as well as her vision, expertise and her keen attention to detail. We were so stressed out by the big picture until we met her. Michelle saw me for who I am, and helped us create a day that felt perfectly "me." The day could not have been any better, and Michelle a gigantic reason why.

Profile Picture Becca, 7/15/17, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Jennifer Drew is AMAZING!! You do not need to look any further than StR Events for a wedding planner to assist you with planning and executing your wedding day vision. My mother-in-law hired her for my sister-in-law’s wedding in 2015 and she told me that it was a definite must to have her on our team for the big day. I was a little hesitant as I am a slight control freak who had been planning our wedding on my own (we hired her about a year in advance). She took over when we were 3 months out from the day and helped me figure out the small details that I had overlooked or was struggling to finalize. Compiling the timeline for the weekend and organizing the vendors was one of the major things I stressed about and she took care of everything!! She was so professional and having her there on that day made me the most calm I’ve been during the entire wedding planning process. She helped me with a small wedding dress wardrobe malfunction, provided sweat blotting wipes when the AC stopped working in the church/bus (I never saw her sweat), and while my husband and I enjoyed the last dance of the night, she quickly and quietly ensured all of our reception décor was packed up and ready to be loaded into the car when the music stopped. You will not regret hiring StR Events to plan your big day and you’ll actually be able to enjoy it without having to worry about all the details. I cannot thank Jennifer and her assistant enough for all that they did for me and my husband, our bridal party, and our guests on our wedding day.

Profile Picture Sarah, 7/1/17, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

I don’t even know where to begin in describing just how wonderful Jennifer and StR Events are. Jennifer helped us plan our wedding from beginning to end and I honestly have no idea what I would’ve done without her. From helping us choose our venue and vendors, to picking out flowers, linens and décor to contacting our vendors to organize the day of timeline and making sure everyone was where they needed to be and when, she was amazing! My husband and I are terrible procrastinators and she kept us in check throughout the entire planning process, which was exactly what we needed. She was always quick to respond to texts and emails and SO very organized. I relied heavily on Jennifer’s vendor suggestions as well her opinions of décor and she did not disappoint! Everything turned out BEAUTIFULLY and all of our vendors were fantastic! I heard many comments from friends and family regarding how calm and stress free I seemed to be and I was! Because of StR Events, I was able to enjoy the day without worry or stress.
We have since had several guests tell us it was “THE BEST WEDDING” they had ever attended! Jennifer truly made one of the most important days of our lives ‘Something to Remember’, not only for us but for all of our guests. We are SO glad we chose StR Events to guide us and coordinate our big day. I absolutely recommend them for any of your event planning needs.

Profile Picture Crystal, 4/29/17, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

During the beginning steps of our wedding planning process, my now husband and I knew we wanted a small wedding - 50 guests!. One of my biggest concerns in planning was making sure our day had a smooth sequence of events. After deciding that hiring a weekend coordinator would best help us put together our ideas, we found Michelle and StR Events. Michelle took time to get to know us and our vision for our day, was always available to answer questions, offer brilliant suggestions, and created a stress-free planning process. Our wedding was one for the books, Michelle knocked it out of the park and there was not one hiccup in the timeline of our day. We would make the decision to work with StR a million times over! Thank you for being part of our special day :)

Profile Picture Maeve, 4/8/17, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Our wedding day was everything we dreamed of and more because of Jennifer and StR Events. With a two and a half year engagement, I thought I had so much time that I could do everything myself. I booked the venue, photographer, and videographer, but then began to get overwhelmed with still a year to go. To add to ordinary wedding stress, I was in my third year of law school out of state and was going to be graduating, moving back to Ohio, taking the bar exam, starting a new job, and getting married within a four month period. I hired Jennifer almost exactly one year out for event design and coordination and it was the best decision I ever made. When we had our initial design meeting, I showed her a few Pinterest pictures and she took it from there. She came up with exactly what I wanted and helped me execute it. She gave instant suggestions and feedback on vendors and ideas for flowers, linens, invitations, cake, everything! Even when I second-guessed and overthought my choices, Jennifer remained patient and helped me talk through what I wanted. When it became time to study for and take the bar exam two months before the wedding, she took over- she created the timeline, reached out to vendors, fielded questions, etc. She thought of and had a solution for every aspect of the wedding. On the day of, I was so happy and relaxed because I knew she and her staff were handling everything. When I would start to worry and ask her to check on something, she had already handled it and twenty other things. She kept us on schedule and executed everything perfectly- bubbles coming out of the church, pictures at the Statehouse, dozens of candles lit at the reception, a guest appearance by Brutus, milk and cookies passed around, and more. It was a perfect day because of Jennifer.

Profile Picture Erika, 9/24/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning
Services Used: Ceremony, Reception, Budget Analysis, Day-Of Coord., Partial Planning, Timelines, Referrals, Religious

Steve Martin in "Father of the Bride" had nothing on me as I assumed the financing of my daughter's wedding. As expenditures escalated, so did my blood pressure. The final straw was when my daughter asked to have a wedding planner. I thought this expense was an extravagance we could do without. However, my daughter was finishing law school out of state, studying for the bar exam, and starting a new job in addition to getting married. So I agreed, and I am so glad I did. We hired Jennifer from StR Events and she was fantastic! She took care of everything from contacting vendors to organizing, down to the minute, the entire wedding day. She even helped me with a malfunctioning tux! I consider the cost of securing Jennifer an investment in my daughter's happiness- she was free to completely enjoy the love of her new husband, her family, and her friends who shared this special day with us. Thank you, Jennifer, for making a father's wish come true!

Profile Picture Steve, 9/24/16, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

I can’t say enough great things about Michelle and Something to Remember! We hired StR for day-of coordination, plus a several other planning services (so somewhere between day of and full package). As very busy people who planned an out of state wedding, Michelle was a life saver in so many ways. Michelle was amazing at giving us guidance on all the planning elements we had left, helping us define and carry out our vision for décor and the overall “look” of the wedding, giving us great suggestions for our remaining vendors, organizing all the many details and logistics involved in a big wedding, and of course making sure the day ran perfectly! One of the best things was having someone on our team who was a wedding expert - Michelle was always willing to answer any questions, no matter how big or how small, and she was full of great advice without ever being “pushy.” She was also just fun to talk to!

We also loved having Michelle as a go-between for some of our vendors. Even though our reception location came with a coordinator, it was invaluable having someone on our team whose top priority was our best interests and who could advocate for us in any situations that came up (and we had several situations come up with the reception location that Michelle was critical in helping us navigate!).

Our wedding was perfect. Absolutely beautiful, as stress free for us and our families as it possibly could have been, and above all really felt like “us,” and we have Michelle to thank. We are highly organized, list-making people, and there’s no way our wedding could have been half as nice or half as stress free without Michelle and her team. Our only regret is not hiring StR sooner so we could have spent less time feeling super stressed out wedding planning and more time feeling like everything was under control. We can honestly say it was the best money we spent on the whole wedding by far, and we would shout our recommendation for Michelle and StR from the rooftops!

Profile Picture User7217744, 1+ year ago, 4 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

One of our best decisions was hiring Jennifer and Michelle of StR Events as our day-of coordinators…we can’t say enough good things about them!! As a fellow professional in the wedding industry, I was looking for the best of the best and they exceeded our expectations! During the planning process, we talked on a consistent basis about specific tasks, to do lists, wedding week timelines and vendor details – in doing so, they kept us on track and helped us execute our dream wedding. During the actual wedding day, their professionalism and organizational skills were on point. Thank you both for helping us feel relaxed and well taken care of - we can’t thank you enough!!!

Profile Picture Sarah, 7/16/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

Jennifer & StR Events were absolutely AMAZING to work with! It was by far the best decision we made to hire them to help us plan our wedding. Jennifer helped us set our budget, found incredible vendors that fit in that budget, and helped us to stay on track and pulled everything together for our wedding. We were planning from out of town, and Jennifer was always available to talk or answer questions, most of the time getting back to us with answers within the hour of our questions! She is extremely organized and well prepared and made us so incredibly confident that everything would go smoothly on our day of. Leading up to the wedding they handled contacting vendors, ironed out any issues with our vendors, and took care of all the many details so that ou were able to really relax and enjoy our wedding & the time leading up to it. Without StR, we could not have planned our wedding to be as amazing and stress free as it was! We would highly recommend them to anyone planning a wedding!!

Profile Picture Cara, 6/11/16, 4 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

Jennifer Drew and Something to Remember Events made our wedding day absolutely perfect. It was completely stress free for my husband and I, which allowed us to enjoy the day and spend quality with our friends and family. In the weeks leading up to the event, Jennifer took on all communication with vendors and planning tasks, so that we could focus on what was most important. We had a few bumps in the road with some of the vendors we selected; Jennifer took charge to handle everything, including reassuring me (which is quite a feat, as I'm a chronic worrier). Everything ran smoothly the day of. Jennifer is responsive, timely, professional, and fun. She has a great, positive attitude that rubs off on everyone. I cannot thank Jennifer and STR enough for their services. I highly recommend STR Events and will be passing their info on to all of my friends!

Profile Picture Lindsay, 5/14/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

If you're thinking about hiring a day-of wedding coordinator, and I highly recommend that you do, hire Jennifer! She is experienced, professional, and will make sure your wedding goes smoothly!

After months and months of planning and outlining all of the details, the last thing I wanted was me or my mom worrying about executing everything on my wedding day. Jennifer was recommended to us by a friend and we selected her as our Day-of Coordinator for our October 2015 wedding in Columbus.

The first time we met with Jennifer, we knew that we could trust her to execute our wedding just as we envisioned it. Because she is super experienced with weddings, she brought up several items we hadn't even thought of and put together a full weekend timeline, which was super helpful.

The day of the wedding, Jennifer was always right there when we needed her - when we needed help executing our first look photo, she worked it out with our photographer; when we wanted more time to greet tables at the reception, she told the DJ to push back the toasts. ***Her ability to quickly problem solve on the spot reassured us that hiring her was well worth the investment, and more!***

All of our guests said it was one of the best weddings they have ever been to - and we have Jennifer to thank for bringing it all together!

Profile Picture Julie, 10/17/15, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

I am an extremely organized and detail-oriented person, however, after several months of meticulous planning, I needed some help. I finally heeded the advice of my friends and family to find a day-of coordinator to take some weight off my shoulders.

My fiance and I had selected all of our vendors and had a clear vision for the evening, so we needed to find someone we trusted to execute the plan. Jennifer did exactly that and more.

She instantly impressed us by her prompt responses to our emails and matching our needs with our budget to put together a package for us. She sustained our vision throughout the entire process while adding expertise in managing vendors and events that can only come from years of experience.

Our reception involved a large number of vendors and Jennifer kept in contact and finalized plans with them in the last weeks and days before the wedding. It was a huge help as it allowed us to focus more on our ceremony, vows and each other. When there was some confusion between our venue and a rental company Jennifer helped guide us through the process. Even when we had an issue with a food vendor on our wedding night, thankfully, Jennifer was there to deal with the vendor and hold them accountable so we could enjoy the evening.

I would suggest that even the most organized bride spends the money on a day-of coordinator and would wholeheartedly recommend Jennifer with STR Events.

Profile Picture Alex, 9/12/15, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

After having been recommended to us by a friend, Jennifer convinced us very quickly that she would be an ideal choice to help us plan our wedding. Over the course of 9 months, she was an invaluable resource: She was organized, she was (incredibly) responsive, she was thoughtful, she was thorough, she was timely, she was pleasant, she was punctual. She never asked too many questions, and never asked too few. She brought the vision my wife and I brought to her, and at the outset, we truly lacked a firm idea of what we wanted. Our wedding was large, with many moving parts and opinionated family members, and Jennifer handled it all with aplomb. And on the wedding day itself, she was omnipresent. We wouldn't change a thing about our wedding weekend, and that's in very large part due to Jennifer. We cannot recommend her highly enough, and how she saved us time, energy, stress, and allowed us to focus on one another. Please, hire her. It will be one of the best decisions you make.

Profile Picture Michael , 8/8/15, 6 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

I can’t say enough about the excellent experience we had with Jennifer and Something to Remember. We hired her as a weekend coordinator for our daughter’s wedding, and my only regret is that we did not find her sooner and hire her to coordinate the entire event. Her responsiveness, professionalism, and attention to every small detail were outstanding. She expertly managed the many different personalities involved in our wedding, which was no small feat. Everyone in both families and the wedding party could not say enough about how great she was to work with. She took all of the stress off of us and allowed us to just enjoy the day. If you are lucky enough to find her, hire her immediately! She is absolutely the best.

Profile Picture User5192822, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

I was fortunate enough to have Jennifer as my wedding coordinator June 6th.

Jennifer allowed our wedding to run without a hitch by keeping everything/everyone running on time, ensured their jobs were performed, and foresaw/eliminated every potential problem before they could happen.

We were alerted 10-15min prior to every obligation (cake cutting, garter toss, etc...) and again 2-3min beforehand. My bride's drink was refilled before she could ask all day, and the numerous small requests I made throughout the proceedings were met every-time within minutes. Somehow she was able to accomplish all of this while making us feel like royalty (I'm not sure if I mentioned that).

Jennifer excelled at communicating with the various different personalities involved with our families and wedding parties. Her knowledge and input pertaining to the weekend's schedule was helpful, clever, seamless and non-invasive. AND, my bride and I we were the most important people she had ever met...at least this is how we felt.

If you have your perfect wedding mapped out, hire Jennifer Drew. Everything that could go wrong will never even cross your mind.

Profile Picture Jonathan, 6/6/15, 1 Review
Category: Lighting & Decor, Wedding Planning

Jennifer is an absolute must have! We had her as a weekend coordinator for our wedding, and it was probably the best investment we could've made. She eliminated all stress for us and our family, so everyone was able to relax and enjoy the day. Jennifer made us feel so pampered all day because she was so attentive to our needs, on top of making sure the day ran smoothly. She also handled every situation with such calmness, if there was ever a problem, no one knew. I really cannot say enough good things about Jennifer... If you are planning a big event, you need her! She won't disappoint!

Profile Picture Kelley, 6/6/15, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Jennifer is absolutely amazing! I originally thought she was just going to be around on wedding day to keep everything running smoothly and I quickly realized that I got a lot more than that. She is extremely organized, thoughtful, smart and overall fantastic to work with! Jennifer took over all contact with my vendors at least a month before our wedding "because the bride has enough things to worry about". During our meeting to finalize details she brought a list of questions that my husband and I had not even thought of (my favorite - "is there a family member who I should be concerned about on wedding day?"). During early meetings and our rehearsal she made several recommendations that made our wedding even better. Her expertise is truly impressive. A lot of people have asked me if anything went wrong and my answer has always been "Everything was perfect. If something did go wrong, I definitely did not know about it". My husband, family and I could not find a negative thing to say about Jennifer and have already been highly recommending her services to other brides-to-be.

Profile Picture Dana, 5/23/15, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

With stress building from wedding planning on my own, my mom found Jennifer at Something to Remember, and set up an appointment to meet her. I ended up going with my dad, and from the first impression, both of us knew we HAD to have her! I am so incredibly THANKFUL she was available because she absolutely made my ENTIRE wedding day PERFECT! Since I had a few details planned, I went with the Day-of Coordination and we added on meetings throughout the planning process. I was so happy we did that! Jennifer came with me to final meetings and guided me through decisions to make everything cohesive. At our final floral meeting, she ended up planning all of my linen too! I didn't have do anything, and I completely trusted her! She also gave me recommendations for anything I asked for, and gave me options. I ended up going with the make-up artist and limo services she reccommended and they were great! I could call, text, or email her at anytime and she was always available. With Jennifer, I went weeks/months without having to email vendors, make decisions, or follow-up with anyone. She kept in constant contact with everyone, and it allowed me to relax knowing she had everything under control. Having a timeline for the bride, groom, bridal party, parents of the couple, & all the vendors was AMAZING!! Because of that, everything throughout the day was on time and nothing felt rushed! If there were any 'hiccups' or 'bumps in the road', I never knew about them. Jennifer handled rehersal and the day of perfectly. She allowed my husband & I to have the most beautiful day, and we could enjoy every bit of it! I can honestly say I remember everything about the day because Jennifer allowed us time to soak in each moment! At the end of the night, she even brought us drinks during the reception and said, "Go out there and have fun!!" Hiring Jennifer was the BEST decision we made for our wedding, and I couldn't be happier with her services!

Profile Picture Krista , 3/14/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

As soon as I got engaged I knew that I needed a wedding planner to help me. With a demanding work schedule, among other things, I knew there was no way I could pull this wedding off without a professional. During my initial meeting with Jennifer we talked about a lot of things: my vision, how involved I wanted STR to be, & of course my budget. My husband, parents, and I decided that we would need the full service package and I have to say it was money well spent. Jennifer and her team far exceeded my expectations. From researching vendors in my budget, to attending the meetings with the vendors, helping me make informed decisions & taking every idea I had to a whole new level. Jennifer was quick to respond to my correspondences (and my parents), was organized, & helped put me at ease during any anxious moment I had. On the day of the wedding Jennifer and her team took care of everything from schedule, vendor set up, and tear down at the end of the night so our families were truly able to enjoy every minute of what I have to say was a perfect day. Jennifer is knowledgeable, creative, organized, & truly works to make you special day one of a kind. We had so many guests come up to and say "this is the best wedding ever" and we owe it all to STR events! I cannot thank Jennifer and her team enough and would highly recommend them!

Profile Picture User4717122, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

The wedding exceeded our wildest expectations! The ceremony in the Greek Orthodox Church in Columbus itself was so very lovely and will forever be one of my cherished memories From the food to the beautifully decorated reception hall, the cakes, florist, photographers, DJ, no detail was overlooked!
Our wedding planner Jennifer Drew handled everything very professionally. She & her assistant were present and taking care of all aspects of the reception up until the last of the guests had left!

Profile Picture User4728687, 2+ years ago, 1 Review