SociaLife Event Planning Reviews

27 | Spring Lake, NJ

27 Reviews for SociaLife Event Planning

• Tara

Tara Weisenfeld · Married on 10/13/2019

Taylor and Kayleigh are the best!

We hired Taylor for our "day-of" planner for our wedding and she was so much more. She organized all of the information for our vendors and was a liaison between us and the venue. She was in contact with me throughout the entire planning process. Taylor is the most organized, always calm, and does it all with a smile and sense of humor. Couldn't have done it without her and her amazing assistant, Kayleigh.

Sent on 10/30/2019

Anton Petrak · Married on 09/21/2019

The absolute best to work with!

Absolutely could not have pulled this off without Kelly and her team!
    When my wife and decided to have our wedding in central NJ at the Chapel at Sandy Hook, we didn’t fully understand all the work that would go into planning a tented wedding. Early on we connected with Kelly at SociaLife and it may have been the best decision we made in the entire process. Not only was the entire SociaLife team professional and well experienced, they were an absolute joy to work with. They helped us with everything from recommending terrific vendors (band, caterers, tent company) to writing in calligraphy all of our guest’s seating arrangement on slight slabs of driftwood (and everything in between). With the wedding being located in central NJ, Kelly’s ability to connect us with local vendors ultimately saved us a lot in the process and really helped capture what makes the area so special.
    My wife and I gave Kelly an idea of how we wanted the wedding to feel, but pretty much gave her free reign on aesthetic. We worked together on budget, letting her know things we were ok spending on, and where we wanted to hold back. How she was able to find the most affordable florist with the most amazing flowers is still shocking to me
    We were lucky to have them helping us throughout the planning, but where their experience was most impactful was during the actual wedding weekend. Neither my wife nor I could pin point an anxious moment or problem that came up during our big day, and that’s absolutely because of the tremendous job SociaLife did. Everyone that was involved in our wedding was blown away by their ability to bring together so many moving parts, yet make it look effortless in the process. For anyone that is planning their wedding, please reach out to SociaLife, as we would have not enjoyed the day as much as we did without their help.
    Since the wedding, almost every guest has genuinely told us it was the best wedding they’ve ever been to - which, can be kind of awkward as most of our friends are married - but, is completely true.

Sent on 10/31/2019

Beth · Married on 08/10/2019

Best planners ever

I am still in awe by how incredible SociaLife was throughout our year of working together to plan my August 10th wedding. It was by far one of the best decisions my husband and I made.

I am super Type A and wanted to be very involved in the planning process, but quickly realized I needed a ton of support and guidance to keep things moving, keep us on budget, and prioritize and decide on the million things that come up while planning a wedding. I opted for a partial planning package, but got SO much more. Kelly was so invested in making our wedding day special - she was always available, she provided so much guidance and clarity, she was flexible, and she was always calm, collected, and down to earth. Kelly also helped us save money and spend it where it counted, which is crucial once you realize how many moving pieces and costs are involved in a wedding. The entire weekend went perfectly, thanks to Kelly and her partner Angie. If there ever was an issue, they took care of it quickly and calmly.

Wedding planning is inevitably stressful and overwhelming at times, but working with SociaLife was so incredibly helpful. They are such professionals and industry experts, and made planning our wedding fun, comfortable, organized, and as stress-free as possible. We are forever grateful.

Sent on 09/10/2019
  • Laura

Laura Serafino · Married on 06/29/2019

Partial planning package

Kelly was a 10!! She was super helpful in suggesting vendors, helping us stick to our budget, and keeping us calm during the wedding weekend. We didn’t have to even think about anything our wedding weekend since she had everything already organized and covered.

Sent on 07/11/2019

Karen Moriarty · Married on 06/14/2019

Calm, Professional and Competent Planner = Perfect Wedding

We had a great experience with Taylor and her team at SociaLife Event Planning! Taylor assisted us with vender coordination and "Day-Of" services for my daughter's wedding, which went above and beyond what we ever anticipated. She handled the bridal party, 250 guests and a complicated venue in a calm, professional and competent matter which resulted in a dream wedding and an event of a lifetime for our family and friends. It felt great to really enjoy a stress-free celebration with family and friends, especially the bride and groom! So many great memories! Highly recommend! Thanks Taylor!

Sent on 07/19/2019

Katie · Married on 10/20/2018

Highly Recommend!!

We had an incredible experience working with SociaLife. Samantha Falica was our day of coordinator and she was the most instrumental vendor in helping plan our wedding day!
    Sam was an absolute pleasure to work with! She was very helpful, personable & extremely professional. Sam was organized, always available and quick to respond. We really felt at ease the weeks and days leading up to the wedding, knowing that Sam was on top of every last detail.
    Our wedding day went off without a hitch and it was truly all because of Sam and SociaLife.
    We couldn't be happier with our experience -- Sam exceeded our expectations in every way! Our whole family was extremely impressed with Sam and we would highly recommend her for any event! Thank you to Sam and the SociaLife team for an unforgettable night. Book with them today!!!

Sent on 11/26/2018

Rebecca · Married on 08/25/2018

Kelly and the SociaLife team were absolutely incredible, and we can't say enough great things about them. We did the full planning package, and think it was one of the best decisions we made in our whole process - we were really able to enjoy every minute of our wedding (at Cedar Lakes Estate) without worrying about a single thing.

From the months of planning leading up to the big day to everything Kelly and the team did throughout the weekend, it would never have been as wonderful as it was without them. SociaLife went over and above time and again, and thought of EVERYTHING - including things never would have occurred to me. There's not a single thing we would change about the weekend, and for that we are so, so thankful.

You will be so happy you decided to work with them!!!

Sent on 09/23/2018

Mary · Married on 09/02/2017

I cannot recommend SociaLife enough! Samantha was my lead planner but the teamwork displayed throughout the day with her assistants assured that nothing went unnoticed and everything went as planned. I can't imagine what the day would have been like without them there! We did not have to worry about a single thing. My husband, my family and I could truly enjoy every moment of the day because Samantha and her team took care of it ALL!

If you are looking for a team of professionals who will eliminate all of the stress that comes along with wedding planing, then check out SociaLife. I promise you, you won't regret it!

A BIG thanks to Sam and the SociaLife team!! xoxo

Sent on 12/06/2017

Ellen · Married on 06/17/2017

Best wedding ever!! Kelly and her team are terrific! The wedding was at Waterloo Village, a rustic venue in northwest NJ. There were a lot of little details which were executed perfectly. It definitely wouldn't have turned out as well without her help.

Sent on 06/22/2017

Alex · Married on 06/03/2017

Kelly and the Socialife team were all stars of our wedding weekend. We had around 250 people go to Cedar Lakes for an entire weekend of fun with numerous events taking place over 3 days. Kelly and her team not only expertly executed each and every detail for the various different meals and events we had, but she managed the guest count as if it were a third of the size. In addition to expertly executing each detail the days of, she was also super responsive and supportive throughout the whole planning process. I seriously cannot think of anything I would have changed and could not have asked for anything more- every prayer was met, every request was granted and every expectation was exceeded. Kelly is truly the go-to person you want and need on your team.

Sent on 06/08/2017

Amy · Married on 06/03/2017

If you have always had a vision for your wedding but didn't have the creativity (or time) to make it happen, hire Taylor and the SociaLife team to bring your visions to life.

I loved that they offered a build your own package because I was able to hire Taylor for the Day of Coordination but then I added on Floral and Event Design. They go into such detail and depth when creating an inspiration board for you - we were blown out of the water. Everything I had in my mind was right there in front of me but even better than I imagined it. Amazing is all I have to say!!

I got married at a unique venue that needed a lot of "help" to transform it and I couldn't have asked for a better team. Can't thank Taylor and her assistants enough!! Wish I could go back and relive that day over and over again!!

Sent on 12/06/2017

Karina · Married on 02/03/2017

When we hired Kelly we had 3 months until our wedding. We are from California and our wedding was in Philadelphia. I am soooooooo happy we hired SociaLife Event Planning to assist us with getting our wedding together. Kelly was amazing!! She kept in constant contact with my husband and I, she created a timeline for us to make sure everything ran smoothly, her inspiration board for my "winter wonderland" was on point. On the day of the wedding, her and her assistant, Taylor were sooooooo helpful. Despite the very cold weather she was righ there along with me to help me with whatever I needed during the photoshoot. I don't even know if anything didn't go as planned because everything was taken care of. Kelly and her staff are amazing!!

Sent on 02/11/2017
  • Q

Quinn · Married on 12/31/2015

Kelly and her team were extremely responsive and the attention to detail they have is impeccable. Our day ran so smoothly due to their professionalism and experience. You would be in great hands! Hope to use Socialife again in the future!

Sent on 01/02/2016
  • User4842028 · 2+ years ago

Awesome, friendly, kind. Well liked by entire wedding party. Stayed the entire night. Made our wedding at the pleasantdale chateau all we dreamed it would be

Sent on 09/25/2015

Amy · Married on 08/29/2015

There is just so much I can say about Kelly & her team - I’m not sure where to start! From the minute that my now husband, Eric & I met Kelly we knew that she was going to make our day absolutely magical. She surprised us from the get-go when we first met, providing us with recommendations & ideas as well as asking us some really poignant questions. I’m not the type of girl who has been planning my wedding since I was a child, so having someone available with tons of expertise was ideal.

Kelly assisted us with not only day of coordination, but also finding vendors. Without the vendors Kelly put us in contact with, our day would not have been as picturesque. Just by discussing our image for our wedding day as well as budget, she was able to steer us on who to use. As a bride with a budget to keep in mind, there are no words to describe how grateful I was for Kelly jumping in with a vendor who did not understand our image or our budget.

Kelly is not just a professional planner who loves what she does; she’s also a tremendously sweet & caring person. She always brought brightness to the room when there was an obstacle – whether it was adjusting our day of timeline due to the groom leaving his pants at the hotel or when a family member attempted to take over managing our wedding day – she always had a smile on her face. The best part about hiring Kelly is that my husband & I, as well as our families, were able to actually enjoy the day of our wedding. There was nothing we needed to lift a hand to help do as Kelly & her team had everything handled. As a bride, knowing that Kelly & her team were there was relieving. I can only imagine how wonderful future events in our life will be with the Socialife team’s assistance!

Sent on 09/22/2015

I do not even know where to begin! Hiring Kelly and the entire SociaLife team was the best decision I made for my wedding. From the moment we spoke over the phone, I knew I wanted to hire her as our planner. She immediately put me at ease about the entire process, which can we quite overwhelming. She did an amazing job at guiding my husband and I through all of the nitty gritty details. In the months leading up to our wedding, Kelly was incredible at keeping the lines of communication open. We emailed with her regularly and whenever we had a question, not matter how small the detail, she always responded that day with the most thorough email. I was really able to sit back and enjoy a lot of the planning process because I knew I had Kelly on my side.

During the entire wedding weekend, she was absolutely amazing. She was incredibly organized and had every single detail under control. Her "wedding day emergency kit" was AMAZING and she literally had everything think you could think of. Even when we were outside taking pictures she overheard one of my bridesmaids say she wanted more hairspray and then there was Kelly pulling some out of her pack!

If you want a stress-free, beautiful, smoothly run wedding then hire Kelly as your planner. The word professional doesn't even begin to encompass how amazing she is at her job. I now can look back on my day and say without a doubt there is not ONE thing I would change, and that it all do to her. Not only is she incredible at her job, but also she is so kind and warm-hearted that it makes you want to keep her as part of the family!

Sent on 09/06/2015

Susan · Married on 06/14/2015

As the parents of the groom, Kelly was incredibly helpful to us when planning our rehearsal dinner and several other details that were part of our duties. When we had a glitch with our invitations, she expertly solved our problem so that they went out on time. Her patience and expertise were reassuring and we couldn't ask for a better outcome. We hope we will be able to use Kelly and SociaLife in the near future for another family wedding!

Sent on 06/28/2015

Ali · Married on 06/06/2015

I honestly can't imagine what our wedding would have been like without Kelly from SociaLife. Events typically make me anxious, however I couldn't have been calmer on my wedding day thanks to Kelly. I did not have to worry about a single thing as Kelly and her assistant Lindsay handled every item that required attention.

In addition, they successfully managed the minor difficulties we encountered - such as a band playing loudly down the street from our outdoor ceremony venue (they were able to get them to stop playing so that they wouldn't clash with out ceremony musicians), and figuring out how the very complicated bustle on my wedding gown.

My single piece of advice to every newly engaged bride is to hire a day of wedding coordinator. It is worth every penny and lets you truly enjoy your wedding day. For any NJ bride, I would highly recommend Kelly from SociaLife!!

Sent on 07/12/2015

Kelly · Married on 09/27/2014

The SociaLife team, led by Kelly Heyn, are an absolute pleasure to work with. I started planning with Kelly just under a year from my wedding and from the moment I met her, to the day of my wedding, she exceeded my expectations of what a wedding planner does. Her connections in the industry are some of the best out there and without her guidance and direction, I don't know that my wedding day would have been all that it was. Kelly is extremely knowledgeable and was ALWAYS there when I had a question or needed assistance. Her quick replies, quick solutions, and positive attitude made my entire wedding planning process so enjoyable. If you're looking for a wedding planner, do yourself a favor and hire SociaLife.

Sent on 10/18/2014

Erin · Married on 10/18/2013

After being at several events where SociaLife's services were utilized, when it came to my wedding, I knew exactly who I wanted to engage to help design the wedding invitations. Invitations are something that many people don't put a second thought into, however, I truly believe it's the pre-party to the wedding day. It sets the tone for what people expect when the big day comes. So, for me, it was imperative that the invites were fun, unique, warm and unforgettable. My husband and I both work long days and had recently purchased a house shortly before our wedding, so after touching base with Kelly about what I wanted the final product to look like, I left the rest in her very capable hands. The final product not only incorporated my initial thoughts, but the added detail and originality that Kelly brought to the design have made them something so many people commented on when sending in their response cards. "This is the best invitation I've ever received!" So kudos to Kelly and the SociaLife team - if you want a stress-free and original vendor look no further than SociaLife.

Sent on 11/26/2013

Kelly was the absolute picture of perfection. She has built a company that will provide you with exactly what you're looking for, at an affordable price, and with no hassle. She was responsive, professional, creative, understanding, persistent and exactly what every person planning an event needs. I have referred her to several of my friends since our wedding and I hope each and every one of them reach out to her because she is by far the best in the business. If you're looking for over the top, understated, or you just don't know...Kelly is the one who will get you there. She had wonderful ideas and plans that helped steer us the direction we wanted to go when we didn't have the tools to get us there. We never had a worry that our day wouldn't be perfect, because Kelly had a hold on everything. I am so grateful for the above and beyond service we received that day and hope that we can again enlist Kelly to plan events for us later down the road (maybe an awesome baby birthday?).

Aside from all of the above, we never had an uncomfortable moment working with Kelly either. Being a same sex couple, it's important that you are working with vendors who will be understanding and open minded. Working with Kelly it was obvious that we were no different than any other couple she has worked with. She was respectful and professional and we felt so confident that our day would be as smooth as possible. And it was. We are, simply, forever grateful.

Sent on 12/20/2013

michelle · Married on 06/08/2013

Definitely recommend SociaLife. Kelly is a great event planner. We hired her to help us with our backyard wedding. We had a lot of details to figure out and wanted someone to be in charge of coordinating on the wedding day. Kelly helped us plan everything perfectly. She has great ideas and suggestions based on experience in event planning. Kelly organized everything for us, put together the timeline for the day, and did a lot of setup on the day. I don't know what we would have done without her. I felt so much more relaxed during the wedding planning process since we were working with Kelly. I knew she would take care of everything and do anything to make sure the day was perfect. Kelly was extremely responsive and thorough. She was available to meet up whenever we requested to. She gave advice on different topics I asked her about such as wedding etiquette. Our wedding day went incredibly smooth, thanks to Kelly's great planning. Me, my parents, my husband and his parents were all relaxed and not stressed on the wedding day, which really made it enjoyable. Kelly definitely went above and beyond. Go with SociaLife, you won't be disappointed.

Sent on 07/09/2013

Harry · Married on 05/26/2013

My wife and I had a very unique vision for our reception, and a big part of that was having our table numbers represent players from our favorite football teams. My wife is a New England Patriots fan, and I a NY Giants fan. Kelly was able to create amazing looking jerseys for both teams, and put the names and numbers for the players we chose. Since we couldn't pick one team or the other for our own sweetheart table, she was also willing to make us a Syracuse Orange jersey since we both went to college there.

The table numbers were a big hit with all of our guests. As much as we would have wanted to keep the whole set, many of our guests just couldn't resist taking them home!

Probably most importantly, Kelly was extremely quick and responsive as we went through the process of getting these made. It was very nice knowing that she was so on top of it and that we wouldn't have to worry at all.

Sent on 06/10/2013

Kate · Married on 05/17/2013

Having Kelly as our wedding planner was the single best choice that we made for our wedding.
    Being a very creative couple with a lot of ideas bringing in Kelly to help us stay in line and be organized was essential to our happiness. We had a ton of DIY projects and an entire weekend to plan and Kelly made sure everything went perfectly.
    In hindsight there were a lot of things that happened behind the scenes on our wedding weekend that we were unaware of during the celebration. That was due to Kelly and her team. Hiring her as our wedding planner enabled us to truly enjoy our wedding experience and not have to worry about any of he small stuff. Kelly comes completely prepared for anything. For example,
    We had a custom cake pop tower made and when they went to put it out for desert they realized the holes were to small . During the reception Kelly and her assistant took out their power drill ( she carries an emergency kit and it even has a power drill ! ) and were drilling holes so our pops could fit.
    She was flexible, meticulous, on top of everything ,easy to work with , organized + creative. She is passionate about her craft and goes above and beyond!
    We Love her and highly recommend her!

Sent on 11/24/2013

Brian · event on: 07/11/2012

I used SociaLife for planning my proposal. I heard most girls are so lost in the moment that they forget a lot of details so I wanted a photographer/videographer and really didn't have any great ideas about HOW to go about popping the question in the first place. You would be surprised at how complicated things get and how much you DON'T want to deal with them. As simple as you think it might be, my situation consisted of enough curveballs that I honestly don't think things would have gone correctly if I hadn't hired a planner to keep track of it all. In addition, had I not hired SociaLife specifically, I wouldn't have had the benefit of someone professional helping me brainstorm to come up with the best ideas. I honestly don't think it could have possibly gone any more smoothly or perfectly than it did. In case it isn't obvious by this point in the review, SociaLife was further contracted to handle my wedding and I have had ZERO stress since making that decision.

Sent on 03/14/2013