Social Graces Events Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2017 Winner

• Elizabeth
    Elizabeth W. Getting married on 09/06/2023

Amazing Graces

We had the amazing opportunity to work with Social Graces during our wedding planning process. We started out going back and forth with Katie during the early planning stages, she helped us narrow down on their month of service. From there we were put in contact with Melanie, our day of coordinator, and we worked with her as the big day got closer. Even though we only met Melanie about 5 weeks before our wedding day she was absolutely incredible, we felt as if we had worked with her over the entire process. She got in touch with the vendors, figured out the final tasks that needed to be done and put all of the final details together for us. Looking back I am not sure how I would have figured out the small things without her. Fast forward to the wedding day and everything went off without a hitch! Melanie and Nina checked in with both sides of the bridal party to make sure that everything was going smoothly. The only small detail is that the bus transporting all of our guests broke down on the way to the ceremony. However Melanie had it all under control, luckily our venue had shuttles available to go pick everyone up and bring them to the ceremony.

I could not recommend Social Graces enough, I am actively trying to get my best friend, my future sister-in-law and a family friend to use them for their respective weddings. They are truly the most amazing people to work with, they are attentive, responsive and just a positive group of women. If you are debating getting a month of or day of coordinator I would for sure say go for it and make sure that you use Social Graces. Your day will stress free and you will truly be able to enjoy one of the best days of your life without worrying.
  • Kayleigh
    Kayleigh A. Getting married on 10/16/2021

Best wedding decision we made

Katie and her Social Graces team were incredible to work with. From the day I met with Katie, I knew she immediately understood what our dream wedding looked like and was going to do whatever it took to make it come true. All of the stress and worry about planning a wedding was gone once Katie started. I don’t think I could have planned anything remotely close to what our wedding day looked like, especially during COVID, without her. She handled every change we threw at her flawlessly. When we decided to downsize our large wedding a month before, every change was handled within a week and our entire vendor team was coordinated. On our wedding day, you would never have guessed that it was a small affair because the design stayed true to our vision and was execute flawlessly on a smaller scale. I was so calm on our wedding day and was able to enjoy every second of it because Katie and Morgan took care of every single detail. They truly are the best and I can not recommend them enough to anyone getting married. We love them so much we can’t wait to work with them again on our second, larger wedding!
  • Carolyn
    Carolyn F. Married on 09/25/2021

Best decision we made was to hire Katie!

We knew that having an organized, professional coordinator for our wedding would be perhaps the most important vendor decision we would have to make, and Katie and the Social Graces team far exceeded our expectations. Not only was Katie organized and on top of everything, she was so helpful and sweet - it was an absolute pleasure working with her. She was always available to answer questions, was great working with other vendors and keeping our parents calm and collected, and was so much fun to have around! Our wedding day ended up going flawlessly and we were able to relax and fully enjoy the day, all because of Katie and the Social Graces team.
  • Julia
    Julia Married on 09/18/2021

Mother of the Bride is so grateful!

As the MOB I truly do not know how I would of gotten through all of the planning for our daughters wedding. Katie was ALWAYS available to answer questions and guide us through the process. The venue was not completed on time and Katie was able to keep us all on the same page and she gave us the most beautiful wedding imaginable. With 2 weeks notice she was able to coordinate all the vendors to a huge change of plans while still smiling. Most importantly I got to spend the wedding day with my daughter, not worried about a thing! 1 word...she is AMAZING. Worth every penny and more.
  • Laura
    Laura R. Married on 09/11/2021

Perfect in every way

Stressful financial decisions, complicated family dynamics and living out of state always complicates planning for a big event like this one. My number one piece of advice to anyone planning a wedding would be to, if you can swing it, hire a wedding planner- and specifically Katie at Social Graces to help guide you through the process from start to finish.
    During the exciting season of engagement, my fiance and I wanted to be able to focus on growing in love and commitment to each other, rather than stressing over details of one day and Social Graces Events was amazing. The hundreds of the choices along the way was not something that this indecisive bride enjoyed and Katie helped provide great suggestions, helped us to keep on task and managed each part of the process. Not only did she plan this event once, but she even helped us re-plan the entire event when covid interrupted our original wedding date- her guidance was absolutely crucial during this uncertain time.
    Beyond her impeccable attention to detail, professionalism, and creativity, Katie's warm smile and big bear hugs made us feel like our best friend was planning our wedding. Katie certainly lived up to her company's namesake, as the grace with which she managed probably the most difficult season of her career was astounding and we are grateful beyond measure.
  • Juliet
    Juliet Married on 08/14/2021

Social Graces is Amazing

Working with Katie leading up to our wedding was an absolute delight. I am a big planner but I knew that I would need some help so I could actually enjoy the day and not worry about little details. Katie and Melanie took care of everything! I never had to lift a finger. They made sure everything was on track and all the little details were in place. I was worried I would be anxious on the day but knowing Katie and Melanie were there to take charge made me feel at ease. Having them there made my day 10x better. They really knocked it out of the park and I could not recommend working with them more. I will be singing their praises to every bride out there!
  • Ally
    Ally W. Married on 07/24/2021

Social Graces is absolutely AMAZING

Hiring Social Graces is the best decision you can make when planning your wedding!! Katie and Nina we truly cannot thank you enough! After a full 12 hour day of travel (and many delays later) Katie and Nina hit the ground running from the second their plane landed and headed straight for our venue. Not only did they start guiding our rehearsal that night, they even got a jump start on organizing our seating chart for us, the details of our flat lay, and putting together the floor plan and decor from anything that was available onsite. Then they arrived at 8am the day of our wedding and did not stop working until 12am that night… and did it with absolute poise, professionalism and had a smile on their faces the ENTIRE time. Katie is on top of every single detail throughout the planning process and even with how crazy busy of a wedding season 2021 has been, she had the ability to make me feel like I was the only bride she had. She was so quick with her correspondence, so helpful with guidance, and immediately tackled any issues that arose. When it came to the execution of the wedding Katie and Nina worked relentlessly on every single detail and personal touch for the set up, they kept us on our timeline, they guided the rest of our vendors throughout the entire day and night so we did not have to do a single thing or answer a single question, and then they broke everything down and packed everything up for us so we could spend our remaining time with our friends and family. Katie and Nina, words cannot describe how grateful we are for you!! I will never stop recommending Social Graces to anyone that will listen!!
  • Gretchen
    Gretchen L. Married on 07/17/2021

Dream Team

Without a doubt working with Social Graces Events was the best decision I ever made during my wedding process. From the very first email, I felt incredibly at ease with Katie and her team. She was professional, responsive and also one of the nicest people I have ever had the pleasure to interact with! I originally booked Katie for a 6 month/ partial planning because even though I had booked most of my vendors, I realized I was completely over my head trying to plan a wedding from another state with a 3 hour time difference. Katie immediately jumped in with the most amazing monthly list of my teacher dreams and helped me stay on track and feel prepared for my wedding... and then COVID hit and my fiancé and I made the difficult decision to postpone for a year. Katie was incredible with supporting our decision and reaching out to all of our vendors to let them know of our choice. She continued to check in with us during the year and was involved in every phone call, email and text that I had with my vendors. She was also invaluable when I ran into some issues with other vendors weeks before the wedding . She stepped up and handled every difficult conversation professionally and with grace.
    On the day of the wedding, of course it decided to thunderstorm and Katie called me a few hours before the ceremony and was so wonderful in explaining my different rain options. For most brides, this sounds like a nightmare but Katie was amazing and really helped me feel calm and at ease throughout the entire day!

I could go on and on about how amazing Social Graces is so I will leave you with this. If you have the opportunity to hire Social Graces do it. You will not regret it!
  • Emma
    Emma G. Married on 07/16/2021

The best!

Katie & Social Graces were a DREAM to work with. We used Katie for month of coordinating, and she seriously was the greatest of all time. She made sure everything was finalized exactly how we envisioned, and made sure we were completely stress-free. SHE IS THE BEST!
  • Emily
    Emily H. Married on 07/03/2021

Best Wedding Vendor, Hands Down

Hiring Katie was hands down the best decision we made after getting engaged. We hired her for the month of coordination and looking back, we would have benefited from her full service planning! Even during a pandemic, nothing was too scary or too much to ask Katie for her input on. She charted the unknown territory of COVID-19 and wedding impacts with amazing grace and patience, I could only imagine how effortlessly she would have handled a non-pandemic wedding. If you are considering hiring Katie for your wedding, I wouldn't hesitate at all! Guests keep raving about how effortlessly everything flowed for our wedding from getting ready to the end of the night, and perfect every detail was. This is all due to the hard work of Katie and team behind the scenes.
  • Erica
    Erica H. Married on 06/26/2021

Made our big day effortless!

Working with Katie, Morgan, and the Social Graces team was an amazing experience. Morgan was a pleasure to work with leading up to the wedding. She handled any and all last minute changes like a pro. On the wedding day, Morgan and Victoria were essential in making the day go smoothly and they handled any and all curveballs with a smile on their face. It is special to find a wedding planner that you become friends with and we are so thankful that Social Graces was there to make our day effortless and stress-free. We hope another cousin’s wedding brings Social Graces back to the farm sometime soon. Thank you for everything!
  • Jenna
    Jenna N. Married on 06/26/2021

Amazing!

Katie and Erika went above and beyond to make sure my day was absolutely perfect. Leading up to the wedding everyone was saying to be prepared for something to go wrong or not be exactly how I wanted it... but with Katie and Erika, there was literally not one thing that went wrong on my wedding day. They got everyone where they needed to be, coordinated with all of the vendors leading up to the wedding and on the day of, made sure I got all of the pictures I wanted, and even went and picked up the late-night chick-fil-a that I was serving to my guests.

If I have any advice for couples who want to have a stress-free planning and wedding day experience it would be to hire Social Graces. They are truly the best and will do anything to make sure you, your guests, and your family have the most unforgettable time.
    Brittany P. Married on 06/25/2021

Stop searching & hire Katie!

From the moment I met Katie at a wedding showcase I knew instantly that I wanted to work with her. She immediately made me feel like a friend and someone I could trust. I hired Katie as a month of coordinator and cannot recommend her enough! Leading up to my venue walk through I was very stressed and felt overwhelmed on what to do, how to design the space, where things will go, how to stay organized with vendors. I cannot stress enough how all of that worry went away after meeting Katie for the final walk through. She was incredibly organized and communicative leading up to the wedding. She handled everything with grace (no pun intended) and stayed on top of all the vendors to make sure the timeline for the day was perfect. On our wedding day she was absolutely amazing! She took care of everything and I genuinely was able to sit back and enjoy my day with no stress. There was one little hiccup with a vendor and she handled it instantly without me even needing to flinch. My entire family and bridal party was even raving about how they have never experienced a wedding coordinator so kind, calm and friendly. To this day they are still talking about how she was the best & she truly was! Katie made our day extra special and perfect because of all her hard work and amazing personality. Stop your search and hire this team now!
  • Pooja
    Pooja R. Married on 06/17/2021

Thank you SG!

Social Graces was fantastic to work with. I was overwhelmed by the wedding planning process and decided to hire SG for the full planning package. I am so glad I did! The first time I spoke with Katie we connected, and she was excited to plan an Indian wedding for the first time. She was also thrilled to plan the wedding in Charleston, SC after all the local venues I was interested in fell through. Her positive energy helped me be excited. She alleviated my fears and reassured me during the pandemic when I didn’t feel like planning anymore. I mostly worked with Katie, but all the Social Graces team members were lovely to speak to. Katie brought my dream wedding to life while being mindful of my budget. She found the best vendors that made my vision come to life. She also advocated for me and my husband. She communicated everything we wanted to the vendors, even when my mind changed from time to time. There were so many moving pieces, and nothing slipped through the cracks. My wedding day was the best day of my life and I could not thank SG enough!! My husband and I, as well as our families, were able to be fully present and enjoy every moment.
  • Courtney
    Courtney H. Married on 06/12/2021

The BEST Wedding Planner!!

Alexa, Nina, Katie and the team at Social Grace Events were absolutely amazing for our wedding. I would recommend them to anyone! I received so many compliments from our family and friends with how organized everything was the month, week and day of our wedding. The constant communication between Alexa and I throughout the entire process was amazing. I seriously had the wedding of my dreams because of Social Grace Events! Everything was absolutely perfect and everything I wanted!
  • Kathryn
    Kathryn H. Married on 06/12/2021

Katie made my dreams come true

Working with katie and SGE was amazing! From start to finish she was flexible, responsive and extremely helpful. Alexa and Katie made sure everything was perfect so I didn’t have to worry about a thing. Would highly recommend them to anyone!
  • Melanie
    Melanie Married on 06/12/2021

Hands down best wedding decision!

Being able to relax and enjoy your wedding day and have the confidence that your wedding day is in the best hands and will go smoothly is truly priceless. That's what you get when you hire SG. Katie is truly the best at what she does. Katie, along with Victoria, and Ryan ,made our wedding day dreams come to life and we couldn't be more thankful. Katie is so organized, hard working, thoughtful, and thorough and does it all calmly with a smile on her face. Every little detail throughout our day was nailed and brought to life. They went above and beyond to make sure our day was everything we could have wanted and more! The day was literally PERFECT and I couldn't have done it without Katie and Social Graces
    Amy G. Married on 06/04/2021

The best decision ever!

Social Graces was the best decision I made in planning my wedding by far. I went with social graces for the day of/month of coordination. Looking back, I was extremely naive wondering if I even needed a day of planner. By the time the one-month mark hit, I couldn't be more ready for Social Graces to take over. Katie and the team took over all the communication and final details. There were so many details that I hadn't even thought of that Katie had answers for. Once the wedding plans were in Social Graces' hands, I had nothing to worry about. The team was so responsive to me and my vendors. When it came to the rehearsal and the day of the wedding, I didn't have to think or worry about a single detail as Social Graces handled every delivery, question, issue, etc. that came up. I was truly able to enjoy each moment of the big day. I even had all 6 parents and a few close relatives come up to us at the wedding to tell us how much they loved Katie and how amazing she was. No matter what size/type/style wedding you’re having, I would 100000% recommend Katie and the whole Social Graces team. They truly are the best and our day wouldn’t have been the same without them!
  • Alyssa
    Alyssa Married on 05/29/2021

If you're reading this hire social graces now :)

I'll start by saying Social Graces was the best decision my husband and I ever made. We were quite overwhelmed by the wedding planning process as we'd never even attended a wedding before. We had ideas, but knew we needed help from start to finish. We did a lot of diligence on who would be the best full service wedding planner for us and SG immediately stood out to us based on their previous work and amazing reviews. From the moment we hopped on the phone with Katie we instantly connected. We loved how down to earth she was and how she made us feel at ease about the planning process. Immediately upon hiring SG, Katie was on top of everything. From beginning to end, she held our hands through every situation, which was exactly what we needed. Often times when speaking to other vendors we didn't know what to ask, but Katie made sure to get the answers to ensure the process and timeline ran smooth. I swear she's psychic because she always knew what I was thinking and was two steps ahead :) She was extremely organized, always an absolute pleasure to be around, and brought everything we envisioned to life making our wedding better than we could have ever imagined. We also had the pleasure of having Alexa and Mel who were equally incredible! On the wedding day each of them made sure we didn't have to worry about a thing. I cannot thank these incredible women and SG enough for making this entire process so amazing/memorable and bringing our dream to life.

In the end, what is most special is that we gained an absolutely incredible friend in all of this. We can't thank Katie enough for being everything we could've asked for in a planner and MORE. We love her and the entire SG family so much!
    Ashton K. Married on 05/22/2021

Hands down best wedding planners in the DMV!

Social Graces was absolutely amazing to work with! They truly made our wedding the best day of our lives!! I can’t say enough of how they made the entire planning process and actual wedding go smoothly and stress free. I felt so at ease knowing that Social Graces saw my vision for the wedding setup and decor and flawlessly executed it! They went above and beyond what I could have even hoped for! Especially with all the changesj from covid, they were in constant communication with us and coordinating with vendors.
    Linsay G. Married on 05/21/2021

Katie is absolutely THE BEST!

Though I’ve worked in industry for 13 years, and have come in contact with a ton of wedding vendors, Social Graces has always been amazing to work with. As soon as we started the planning process for our own wedding, I knew that I wanted Katie to be a part of it. We can’t say enough good things about Katie and her team. She’s truly the best at what she does. We never had a doubt that our day wouldn’t be perfect with having her guide us through. Our day was beautiful and exactly what we had hoped for, thanks to Social Graces!
    Megan B. Married on 05/15/2021

Best Wedding Decision!!!

I honestly have no idea how to start writing all of the wonderful things about Katie and her team because they were perfect from start to finish. Hiring Katie was easily the best decision I made for our wedding. Katie is professional, kind, thoughtful, creative, and passionate. She has every single vendor contact you could possibly imagine and her reputation is clearly outstanding as every vendor made her requests a priority. Katie helped me survive 2 planning rounds due to COVID and she did it with such an amazing attitude—she made me feel like her top priority every single day (and was basically my therapist during several difficult moments). I was an extremely high maintenance, hands on bride and Katie exceeded every expectation. Katie went through countless emails, calls, and texts to make sure I was 100% happy about every single detail. On the day of, Mel, Nina, and Morgan were rockstars. They made me feel completely at ease and treated me like a queen. No request was too big for them. The word “no” is not in the Social Graces vocabulary—they are 100% smiles and “can do” ladies. I truly would not have survived the day without them. The day was literally PERFECT. They nailed my creative vision and built a flawless ceremony and reception. I cannot speak highly enough of them. I would hire Social Graces again in a heartbeat. My husband and I are still totally blown away by how incredible Katie, Mel, Nina, and Morgan are. They have our highest recommendation!
  • Alexandria
    Lexi Married on 05/08/2021

Incredible

Katie and her team took our wedding vision and made it a reality + more! She was by our side through every step of the way and truly made planning a dream. If you are currently wondering if you need a planner / which one - look no further, the answer is you do need one and she is the best around. We had the most incredible day, and we credit that 10000% to Katie. THANK YOU SOCIAL GRACES! We love you!
  • Shelby
    Shelby S. Married on 04/24/2021

The best of the best in wedding planning!

Social Graces Events made the entire wedding planning process stress-free and easy, which is how it should be! We booked Katie and team for the full planning process which was absolutely worth the investment. Even though we knew exactly what we wanted on our wedding day, Katie enhanced every detail and made it even better! Even with the anticipated rain arriving the day of for our outdoor wedding, Katie and her team made every plan work seamlessly. Along with our guests, we were absolutely WOW-ed the day of as every detail came together. Thank you, Katie and team for delivering on the day that I had been dreaming of my entire life. I wish we could do it all over again!
    Deborah R. Married on 04/24/2021

Simply the best!

If I could give 10 stars I would! Katie and her staff made the whole day wonderful, even with some rain and chill, they and answered all our questions and were on top of everything. As a Mother of the Bride, I recommend them to everyone looking to find a planner to help with their wedding day