SoCal Vows Reviews

258 Reviews for SoCal Vows

• Kristie

Kristie Ko · Getting married on 12/01/2021

Great Ceremony with Ken

Ken was great! He was extremely informative and communicative via email and took the time to find out more about my future husband and myself and weaved that information into the ceremony seamlessly. He was charismatic and well-liked by the guests and we are grateful that it went so smoothly. He answered our questions regarding the license and arrived early the day-of and made sure it was properly filled out and he also took the responsibility of turning it in so we did not have to. Thank you Ken!

Sent on 02/15/2020

Anna · Getting married on 08/06/2021

Wedding with Socal Vows

We choose Socal Vows for our wedding ceremony based on the Yelp review and we are happy that we did. Ken and the photographer Dave were very nice, kind and understanding. The ceremony went well, with a nice speech about love, commitment, and marriage. We could not ask for a nicer officiant. Thank you for being a part of our ceremony. We are looking forward to seeing the pictures!

Sent on 06/22/2020

SoCal Vows's reply:

Thank you Anna... it was great spending the day with you and Chris, and you two did a great job getting the Monarch Resort all set. Both Dave and I really enjoyed ourselves. It was an experience to see a golf ball come through the ceremony:)

Thank you for thinking of Socal Vows!!

Amber · Getting married on 07/08/2021

Mark Murphy is Amazing!

We got married at Wedgewood Fallbrook on August 31! Mark Murphy was excellent! Very well prepared for the ceremony, easy to work with, and very responsive to emails. He is great at following up after the ceremony with additional details about next steps with name change etc.

Sent on 10/04/2019

K'ann Dearie · Getting married on 05/10/2021

Making dreams come true...

SoCal Vows was incredible! Ken Hoelscher did an amazing job! We planned our beach elopement in a month and from out-of-state. We met Ken right before the ceremony, but had e-mailed and talked with him so much, it felt as if we had known him for years. No one could believe that he wasn't a friend of the family! It was a perfect day with the love of my life! Thank you, Ken!

Sent on 11/08/2019
  • Andy

Andy Nori · Getting married on 03/10/2021

work with mark murphy!

Mark Murphy is amazing! he did an absolutely amazing job and made it so personal. my husband and I married October 27 of this year and he helped calm my nerves. he is very kind and listens very well and pays great attention to detail. he really tries to get to know the bride and groom.

Sent on 11/12/2019
  • Alicia

Alicia Wald · Married on 05/15/2020

Making Dreams Come True in a Pandemic

Ken Hoelscher of SoCal Vows is sincere, delightful, and incredibly supportive. Our elopement to Paris was canceled because of COVID. We still wanted to get married on the special day we had chosen. I had called several officiants and left messages. Then I called SoCal Vows and Ken answered. He talked to me at length, suggested a beautiful location, and was able to provide a photographer. He researched times to take advantage of sunset and called me back after he checked when high tide would be so that we could make the needed timing adjustment for our beach wedding. On our special day, he arrived early and told me not to rush. He performed a lovely and very personalized ceremony. The photographer was delightful and the pictures turned out fabulous. Ken will forever be part of our special day and we are so very grateful for that.

Sent on 06/10/2020

Brittany Embry · Married on 03/06/2020

San Diego Intimate Ceremony

Ken was great!!! We traveled from Louisville KY, to San Diego for our wedding. Knowing no one and nothing about the area, we only had reviews to base decisions on.

Ken reaches out multiple times over the months leading up to the wedding, and more frequently the couple weeks leading up to the wedding.

He captured the intimate ceremony I wanted. He read through the details I sent him, understood it, and put his on personal touch on it as well, making our day, honestly the perfect day, and BEST day of my life.

I could go on and on, do yourself a favor and pick Ken!!!

Sent on 03/30/2020
  • Vicki

Vicki Mosqueda · Married on 02/14/2020

The very best!!

Ken is so awesome! He makes sure he gets to know the bride and groom to make the ceremony as personal as possible. He made sure our ceremony went smoothly and fun. Everyone had nothing but great things to say about him. Having a great, fun and caring officiant is one of the most important things to consider for you wedding. I am so grateful for him and so glad we picked him for our special day!

Sent on 03/09/2020

Glenys Peoples · Married on 01/18/2020

Great experience we had with Ken!

Ken Hoelscher did an amazing job! Our wedding was happening so fast with no officiant and we found Ken at the perfect time. He was very good at keeping in touch and generally made everything easy. The ceremony it self was perfect and the deliverance of our vows by him was amazing. They are very affordable and easy to work with. It was perfect! Highly recommend!!! Thank you SoCal Vows!!

Sent on 02/14/2020

SoCal Vows's reply:

Thank you so much for the kind words Charles & Azahngwe. It was awesome being part of your special day and getting to work with your family with amazing as well... you have a great tribe for sure. Thank you again for thinking of Socal Vows.

Charles Peoples · Married on 01/18/2020

Just what we wanted!

I would love to show my appreciation on behalf of my wife and myself for SoCal Vows officiating our ceremony. Ken Hoelscher was so easy to work with and helpful throughout the process. He and his wife made out special day one to remember always. This is a great family business and he is truly a man of God.

Sent on 02/16/2020

SoCal Vows's reply:

Thank you Charles for those awesome and kind words. It was a pleasure to be part of your ceremony and meet your family!! Great people for sure:) Thank you for thinking of Socal Vows.

Makailah Badger · Married on 11/09/2019

Amazing !!!!

Ken is great ! Very easy to work with and made everything so easy for us! Such a memorable experience

Sent on 11/14/2019
  • Cassandra

Cassandra · Married on 11/09/2019

Easy decision - book them!

6 hours ago-EditKen was an awesome addition to our big day! We were planning from far away, and finding an officiant was pretty difficult over the phone; until we talked to Ken! He was quick-witted, open to my suggestions, and just very easy to talk to. We had a tiny bit of time to chat before the ceremony, but during the ceremony, it felt like he had known us for a very long time! He kept it quick (but not rushed), funny but not corny, and tapped into the emotions of the moments. Would definitely recommend!

Sent on 12/02/2019

Emily Brewer · Married on 10/27/2019

Ken is Amazing!!

Ken was absolutely amazing. From my first contact with him, he was super helpful with all my questions, guided me and my husband on how to write vows, what kind of ceremony we wanted, any little question we had he was very quick to answer.
    The day of the ceremony was perfect! Ken arrived early, checked in with the bride and groom, and helped ease a little of the nervous butterflies.
    I would highly recommend Ken for any type of ceremony you are looking for!
    XOXO
    Em and Cory Brewer

Sent on 10/29/2019

SoCal Vows's reply:

Thank you for the kind words Emily. It was a lot of fun connecting with you and Cory for your big day. The day turned out to be perfect. Thank you for thinking for Socal Vows:)

Blessings on you marriage!!

Jen Hart · Married on 10/12/2019

Just Perfect!

I cannot recommend SoCalVows highly enough!! Ken made our ceremony personalized, intimate, touching, funny and...perfect! He took the time to learn about me and my husband and incorporated that into a ceremony that was very personal. His warmth, charisma, humor and genuine care made our wedding extra special. The other day my husband was reflecting on our wedding and then he said "I miss Ken". Lol! That's how much of an impact he had on us

Sent on 10/23/2019

Hi Jennifer,

It was so fun being part of your big day. You have a great family and friends and you were so relaxed about the day... Jeff on the other hand wanted everything to be just right:) It was great and like I say so much fun. Thank you for thinking of Socal Vows for your special day!!

Alejandra Gonzalez · Married on 10/06/2019

We loved Ken

We had Ken officiate our wedding and it was one of the best decisions we could’ve made. Our ceremony was a reflection of us, he really captured our story. We had friends and family ask how long we’ve known him because he did such a great job. We cannot thank Ken enough! We will be recommending him to all of our friends and family!

Sent on 10/27/2019

Sarina Crane · Married on 10/04/2019

He is amazing!

10 out of 10 would recommend ken to be an officiant to anyone of my friends or family. He did absolutely amazing with making us all very comfortable. He made it very personable as well, many of our family members even thought we must’ve known him because of the way he spoke about us. Made our wedding ceremony perfect!!

Sent on 10/08/2019

SoCal Vows's reply:

Thank you so much for your kind words Sarina... it was awesome marrying you and Shawn and getting to know your family. Plus, what a great place to get married at Stone Brewery there... blessings on your marriage!!
  • Diane

Diane Jacaruso · Married on 09/11/2019

Ken Hoelscher: Great Officiant or THE GREATEST Officiant?

Ken is awesome. My husband and I booked an AirBnB in Julian and on a whim decided to elope, just the 2 of us. With only one month notice, Ken didn't miss a step in quickly getting to know our history. His questions were thought-provoking, forcing us to sit down and think about the things that really brought us together. I feel like it brought us even closer as a couple at a time when I thought we couldn't get any closer! Ken also made sure to let us know about the paperwork aspect and timing of the marriage license - so thankful for that!

When it came to the day, everything was perfect. Ken showed up right on time to our AirBnB and had a nice chat with my husband while I finished getting ready. One of the best parts about SoCal Vows is that they offer a photographer. Ken's photographer, Panjo, accompanied him and was really great as well. She was really sweet and even helped me with my dress! Our ceremony was flawless. Ken's speech about our history together as a couple was beautiful. I feel he went above and beyond to make our day really special. I can't stress enough how pleased we were with SoCal Vows and Ken as our officiant! We wouldn't change a thing!

Sent on 11/23/2019
  • Annette

Annette Garay · Married on 08/30/2019

Garay Wedding

My wedding ceremony was August 30, 2019 at Wedgewood Fallbrook,,Ken Hoelscher was our officiant and did an excellent job.. He was professional, compassionate, and did his research in getting to know my husband and myself prior to the wedding date... I would definitely recommend SoCal Vows to anyone planning to get married in the San Diego area..

Sent on 09/14/2019

Carol Jennie · Married on 08/22/2019

Beautiful and unique ceremony!

Mark Murphy of SoCal Vows did an amazing job! He took the time to ask personal questions in order to get to know us and wrote the most beautiful vows. He was very receptive to the ideas we had envisioned for our ceremony. Lastly, he was quick to respond when we had questions during the preparations. I would highly recommend Mark from SoCal Vows.

Sent on 09/03/2019

SoCal Vows's reply:

Thank you Carol. It was a pleasure working with you and performing your ceremony. All the best to you both!
  • Monique

Monique Claudio · Married on 08/17/2019

Truly amazing experience!

Mark was GREAT on our wedding day! He showed up on time with a positive, uplifting attitude and was a great entertainment to our guest with his sense of humor. Thank you so much Mark, we appreciate you greatly!

Sent on 09/09/2019
  • Sarah

Sarah Leslie · Married on 08/16/2019

Easy and great communication!

We found Socal vows and Ken fairly last minute for our ceremony. Ken was able to put us right at ease, assist with personalizing our vows just enough to make them feel like 'us' without being fully personalized (which we did not want). The service was exactly as we hoped for with Ken.

Sent on 09/23/2019
  • Nora

Nora · Married on 07/22/2019

Beautiful Ceremony!

Ken really made our ceremony so special and incorporated everything we wanted! It went so smoothly and he was so easy to communicate with! I will definitely be recommending Ken and SoCal Vows! Thanks again!

Sent on 07/27/2019

Melissa · Married on 06/28/2019

Great Experience

Mark from SoCal vows did an amazing job! The ceremony went seamless and he was able to make it fun and enjoyable for everyone. We had several guests comment on how well Mark officiated our wedding. It seemed like we had known him for years! Highly recommended!!!

Sent on 07/03/2019
  • Lauren

Lauren Dieckmann · Married on 12/02/2018

Charismatic!

We had a last minute change and needed to hire an officiant. Mark was available and quickly got to work getting to know us and our history. He was so adaptable and able to make changes up to the minute before the ceremony. He brought great charisma and made our ceremony perfect. It had enough content to make an impression but made sure the ceremony didnt drag on. Thanks Mark for making our day so special.

Sent on 12/14/2018

Stephanie · Married on 11/11/2018

Ken was a perfect fit

Ken was absolutely wonderful! Our ceremony was complete with his kind words. He valued his part in our special day and went above and beyond, asking us questions about each other and about our bond. He was always available whenever we had any questions regarding the name changing process and getting married in general.
    Highly Recommend