SoCal Vows Reviews

224 | Escondido, CA

224 Reviews for SoCal Vows

224 SoCal Vows Reviews

Jennifer · Married on 10/21/2018

Coming from Orlando, Florida to visit Sunset Cliffs in San Diego, California was already the best vacation and celebration, our officiant Ken did a phenomenal job making the process breezy like the day of our wedding. I'm so impressed of Ken's questions, evaluations, and overall genuine care for our special day. He handled our relationship with the utmost respect, and made us all feel welcomed. Best choice for the beginning of the rest of our lives!

Sent on 02/05/2018
    SoCal Vows 1

SoCal Vows's reply:

Hi Jennifer, What a great day we had on Saturday. Beautiful day, beautiful location on Sunset Cliffs, and it was great connecting with your family! Steven was really good about checking in on all the details. He wanted it to be just perfect for you, and he nailed it:) Thank you again for thinking of Socal Vows to officiate your wedding!
  • Brandy

Brandy Karczerwski · Married on 10/14/2018

Ken was amazing!

Ken was outstanding. We planned the wedding from Arizona. He was easy to communicate with and did a great job of making our ceremony personal.

Sent on 10/16/2018

SoCal Vows's reply:

Hi Brandy... it was great getting to meet and hang out with your tribe. You have a great family. It is amazing all of the similarities that you and Andy have:) I got a sneak peak at a couple of the photos and they are looking great... you should be getting them in the next day or so. Thank you again for thinking of Socal Vows for your special day.
  • Rebecca

Rebecca · Married on 10/13/2018

Absolutely Amazing!!

Ken Hoelscher of SoCal Vows

I got to married on the 13th of October, Ken was our officiant for the big day. When I inquired with him he was very nice and gave me all the information I could possibly need.

His pricing is very affordable. If you are wanting a ceremony Rehearsal before the big day make sure you inform him so that he has it in his calendar and can give you an accurate price!

He was very professional. If you are getting married I highly recommend Ken as your officiant!

SoCal Vows 2
    SoCal Vows 3
  • Harry

Harry Butcher · Married on 10/13/2018

Nicole and Harry’s wedding

Ken married Nicole and I in San Diego. He was always professional, thoughtful and timely. We enjoyed working with him and meeting him and would recommend him to anyone else looking to have a wonderful wedding ceremony! Thanks Ken. All the best Harry and Nicole.

SoCal Vows 4

Ami · Married on 10/07/2018

Ken officiated our marriage ceremony this past Saturday (October 6th) in Rancho Santa Fe. Throughout the planning process Ken was very very pleasant, helpful and responsive. Ken replies to emails very promptly and one of my favorite aspects of working with him was the series of emails he sends over the period of time from when you book his service to the wedding day that tell you everything you need to know about what to do to get ready for your big day. It was almost as if he read my mind- when I had a question, most often an email would arrive in my inbox answering the question! I 100 percent recommend Ken- he listens to you, gets to know you and crafts a perfect ceremony based on what you want. We LOVED our ceremony and so did all our guests. THANK YOU KEN and SOCAL VOWS !

Carol · Married on 10/07/2018

Our Wedding

Ken was great as our officiant we couldnt have found someone better. He took the time to get to know us and our story and did great tying that information into our ceremony. Ken is very professional and caring about your day. We highly recommend using SoCal weddings for your officiant!

Vanessa Scott · Married on 10/04/2018

Very personal and lovely

Ken was wonderful throughout the run up to and the day of our weddding. He provided great advice to make sure we had the day we wanted and gave us the benefit of his experience too. Our wedding day was wonderful and moving under his expert custodianship. I would recommend him highly and without reservation!

Margaret · Married on 09/30/2018

We loved having Ken officiate our wedding!

Ken officiated our wedding at The Scripps Seaside Forum in La Jolla. From the beginning, he was quick to respond to all our emails and was very open to incorporate all our ideas for our special day. He collaborated with us throughout the whole process to make our ceremony personalized and meaningful.

1 month before our wedding, we realized we needed to push back our ceremony time. Ken was flexible and accommodated this change even though he had to rush to officiate another wedding shortly after our wedding. We were extremely grateful!

Julie · Married on 09/23/2018

Our officiant was funny and caring. He used the words from a website I found online and he added his flare and our story, Mark Murphy.

SoCal Vows 5

Clari · Married on 09/22/2018

Mark Murphy was a great officiant for our wedding! I really loved how he focused on us and really listened to our questions and concerns. Right from the beginning, he was professional and courteous. He introduced himself in our bridal suite and told us what to expect. During our ceremony, he kept it short and sweet, talking about our stories that we had given him in advance. I think it could not have gone better! Thanks for making our day so special and memorable!

SoCal Vows 6

Jami · Married on 09/21/2018

We had a destination wedding in San Diego and Ken was extremely easy and wonderful to work with, especially from afar. He was eager to help and made our day so special. The ceremony was personal, meaningful, and engaging. We would definitely recommend SoCal Vows.

Jennifer · Married on 09/21/2018

Ken at Socal Vows really eased some stress from our elopement. He was helpful, professional, available, and reliable. We had to make a last minute change that was completely out of our control and he handled it professionally. Further, he replied to emails quickly and provided information on every detail. We recommend him and will be using Socal Vows when we have a ceremony.

Amanda · Married on 09/08/2018

Great communication, very responsive, clear, and flexible. We loved the ceremony, he made it personalized and funny and he even helped coordinate when things were falling apart before walking down the aisle and we were behind schedule. I would recommend him to anyone I know! Thank you so much for making our day special and memorable.

Emma · Married on 09/07/2018

Logan and I could not be more thrilled with our experience with SoCal Vows! Mark Murphy was our officiant and he definitely exceeded our expectations. All emails and questions were answered within 24 hours and really eased the stress of not knowing what to expect. He made our ceremony very personable and unique to us, and we didn’t even meet him until 10 minutes beforehand! Our friends and family, who all had come in from out of state, even complimented on the fact he had done an excellent job – from his manor and personality, to the flow of the service, our ceremony could not have been more perfect! Thank you so much, Mark and SoCal Vows!

Sent on 09/20/2018

SoCal Vows's reply:

Hi Emma and Logan, Thank you so much for the wonderful review. As I told you, I love a good love story and yours is a good love story. It was a pleasure being a part of your special day. All the Best, Mark

Leslie · Married on 09/01/2018

Perfect ceremony! I can't begin to thank Ken enough for his professional, tasteful and amazing officiating he performed at our wedding on September 1, 2018. It began months before, when we first spoke with Ken. He was so easy to talk to and work with throughout the whole process. Ken makes a point of connecting with couples early on and sharing ideas and tips along the way so you don't get overwhelmed and you stay on track with planning. It's easy to get overwhelmed when planning such an important and big event, but with Ken, everything was effortless and easy. Many guests have shared how they felt our ceremony was one of the best they have ever witnessed. Ken kept the ceremony moving nicely, but didn't rush through anything, so it was relaxing and fun. He acknowledged quirky moments with laughter and lightness -- perfect for the slightly nervous bride and groom. I remember walking down the aisle and feeling emotional, but the minute we began the ceremony, my mind was put to ease and I enjoyed every second. I highly recommend SoCal Vows and Ken specifically, as he really has mastered his art of performing one of the most meaningful moments in a couple's life. Thank you, Ken, for making our day extra special! We so appreciate all you did to prepare for us and bring our loved ones together with us. :)

SoCal Vows 7
    SoCal Vows 8
    SoCal Vows 9
    SoCal Vows 10

Kristine · Married on 08/19/2018

Ken did a amazing job, he was super polite proffesinal and very easy to hear and understand. Highly recommend Ken to marry you!

John · Married on 08/19/2018

We couldn't have been more pleased with Ken and the vow renewal ceremony he performed for us! He did a terrific job.

We live in NY but we held the ceremony in Newport Beach. Ken worked with us via email to make sure that the ceremony would be tailored specifically to us. He did a fantastic job of getting to know us. And when we finally met him, it seemed like we had known him for years.

Ken made it a very special day for us.

Sent on 08/29/2018

SoCal Vows's reply:

Hi John & Diane, Thank you so much for the reviews and the kind words. It was great getting to know you two and getting to know your family. 40 years is an amazing achievement for sure… I hope that everything work out so that we can do this again in 20 years:) Again thank you for thinking of Socal Vows to help you on this special day.

Theresa · Married on 08/18/2018

Hands down Ken is the BEST!!! Coming from Seattle, Wa to a destination wedding in San Diego Ken made all the plans smooth and stress free! He stayed in great communication with the didtance and made time for us sonthat he got to get to know us, with video chat several emails it was like we knew him for EVER! Ken has a passion and will make your vision come to life. He asked about special details and checked on us thru the whole process. I would recommend him to anyone who wants a special day to remember! Several guest at the wedding thought he was a freind of the family because he was smooth and not awkward. Thank you so much Ken!! From Mrs. McDowell 8/18/18

SoCal Vows 11

Cecelia · Married on 08/12/2018

We recently had our wedding in Fallbrook CA. and Ken was our officiant. He was very professional and accommodating. Our ceremony was a combination of laughter, happy tears, and love. Thanks Ken!

Allison · Married on 08/08/2018

We were married by Ken in August in an intimate ceremony in Balboa Park and I would highly recommend him. The basics - he was easy to work with, on time to the ceremony and an all-around nice guy. But more importantly, the ceremony itself was beautiful. He uses a good mix of humor (yet never cheesy) and heartfelt sentiment. I'm so glad we chose SoCal Vows.

Elisabeth · Married on 08/06/2018

We couldn’t be any happier that we chose Ken at SoCal Vows for our day! He was prompt when I had a question or concern and gave me more than enough Information about the location since we were flying in from Texas and had never been to Windansea beach where we got married! It was literally the best day of our lives! Thanks Ken!

SoCal Vows 12

Jessica · Married on 07/27/2018

It was an absolute pleasure to have Ken Hoelscher as our wedding officiant. My husband and I planned our wedding from Australia and Ken was extremely accommodating during the lead up. He made himself available for a planning call and promptly responded to all our emails.

Our wedding ceremony is now one of my most cherished memories and Ken is a big reason for that. All our guests commented on how lovely is speech was and how it felt like he was family. We would highly recommend Ken! Thank you again!

Sent on 08/20/2018

SoCal Vows's reply:

Thank you so much for the great words Jessica. It was my pleasure to be part of your big day. You guys were so fun to get to know (loved the accent too). David and I got a chance to talk a lot beforehand as well. I wish you the best on your marriage and the years to come. No more long distance relationship:)

Melinda · Married on 07/21/2018

Ken was fantastic! Our ceremony was sweet and heartfelt and included all the things we had shared with him. He was able to incorporate the Hispanic lasso and arras tradition as well as a sand ceremony. The ceremony was about 20 minutes, which everyone agreed was the perfect length. Ken also emailed us regularly to remind us of important things like when would be a good time to get our wedding license and what documents to bring on the actual wedding day.
    Overall we were extremely pleased with the job Ken at SoCal Vows did and we would highly recommend him!

Sent on 07/29/2018

SoCal Vows's reply:

Thank you so much for the kind words Robert. It was so fun to be part of your special day with Melinda. It was hot, but beautiful! Thank you again for thinking of Socal Vows to be part of your special day.

Becca · Married on 07/01/2018

Ken did an amazing job on our special day! Throughout the entire process he was very responsive, helpful, and knowledgeable. Without even promoting, he would send emails with information to help us and guide us through the process. He was very accommodating and willing to work with us on what we wanted. I ended up changing our vows a few days before the wedding and it was no problem and the vows went off without a hitch! He arrived early before the ceremony, introduced himself and talked with me a bit. A very personal touch. After speaking with my husband, Ken made enough time to introduce himself and have a conversation with him as well. He was just a nice, happy person. I would recommend Ken time & time again!

Sent on 07/22/2018

SoCal Vows's reply:

Hi Becca, thank you for the kind words. It was great getting to know you and Dillon. You two were more relaxed than you think:) It was a huge blast doing your ceremony so thank you for thinking of Socal Vows in your wedding!

Kriselle · Married on 06/30/2018

Ken was the best! Truly a professional!! He made things so easy! Everyone at my wedding had great things to say about him & the speech he gave. I would HIGHLY recommend him!