SoCal Vows Reviews

218 | Escondido, CA

218 Reviews for SoCal Vows

218 SoCal Vows Reviews

Jennifer · Getting married on 10/21/2018

Coming from Orlando, Florida to visit Sunset Cliffs in San Diego, California was already the best vacation and celebration, our officiant Ken did a phenomenal job making the process breezy like the day of our wedding. I'm so impressed of Ken's questions, evaluations, and overall genuine care for our special day. He handled our relationship with the utmost respect, and made us all feel welcomed. Best choice for the beginning of the rest of our lives!

Sent on 02/05/2018
    SoCal Vows 1

SoCal Vows's reply:

Hi Jennifer, What a great day we had on Saturday. Beautiful day, beautiful location on Sunset Cliffs, and it was great connecting with your family! Steven was really good about checking in on all the details. He wanted it to be just perfect for you, and he nailed it:) Thank you again for thinking of Socal Vows to officiate your wedding!

Ami · Married on 10/07/2018

Ken officiated our marriage ceremony this past Saturday (October 6th) in Rancho Santa Fe. Throughout the planning process Ken was very very pleasant, helpful and responsive. Ken replies to emails very promptly and one of my favorite aspects of working with him was the series of emails he sends over the period of time from when you book his service to the wedding day that tell you everything you need to know about what to do to get ready for your big day. It was almost as if he read my mind- when I had a question, most often an email would arrive in my inbox answering the question! I 100 percent recommend Ken- he listens to you, gets to know you and crafts a perfect ceremony based on what you want. We LOVED our ceremony and so did all our guests. THANK YOU KEN and SOCAL VOWS !

Julie · Married on 09/23/2018

Our officiant was funny and caring. He used the words from a website I found online and he added his flare and our story, Mark Murphy.

SoCal Vows 2

Clari · Married on 09/22/2018

Mark Murphy was a great officiant for our wedding! I really loved how he focused on us and really listened to our questions and concerns. Right from the beginning, he was professional and courteous. He introduced himself in our bridal suite and told us what to expect. During our ceremony, he kept it short and sweet, talking about our stories that we had given him in advance. I think it could not have gone better! Thanks for making our day so special and memorable!

SoCal Vows 3

Jami · Married on 09/21/2018

We had a destination wedding in San Diego and Ken was extremely easy and wonderful to work with, especially from afar. He was eager to help and made our day so special. The ceremony was personal, meaningful, and engaging. We would definitely recommend SoCal Vows.

Jennifer · Married on 09/21/2018

Ken at Socal Vows really eased some stress from our elopement. He was helpful, professional, available, and reliable. We had to make a last minute change that was completely out of our control and he handled it professionally. Further, he replied to emails quickly and provided information on every detail. We recommend him and will be using Socal Vows when we have a ceremony.

Amanda · Married on 09/08/2018

Great communication, very responsive, clear, and flexible. We loved the ceremony, he made it personalized and funny and he even helped coordinate when things were falling apart before walking down the aisle and we were behind schedule. I would recommend him to anyone I know! Thank you so much for making our day special and memorable.

Emma · Married on 09/07/2018

Logan and I could not be more thrilled with our experience with SoCal Vows! Mark Murphy was our officiant and he definitely exceeded our expectations. All emails and questions were answered within 24 hours and really eased the stress of not knowing what to expect. He made our ceremony very personable and unique to us, and we didn’t even meet him until 10 minutes beforehand! Our friends and family, who all had come in from out of state, even complimented on the fact he had done an excellent job – from his manor and personality, to the flow of the service, our ceremony could not have been more perfect! Thank you so much, Mark and SoCal Vows!

Sent on 09/20/2018

SoCal Vows's reply:

Hi Emma and Logan, Thank you so much for the wonderful review. As I told you, I love a good love story and yours is a good love story. It was a pleasure being a part of your special day. All the Best, Mark

Leslie · Married on 09/01/2018

Perfect ceremony! I can't begin to thank Ken enough for his professional, tasteful and amazing officiating he performed at our wedding on September 1, 2018. It began months before, when we first spoke with Ken. He was so easy to talk to and work with throughout the whole process. Ken makes a point of connecting with couples early on and sharing ideas and tips along the way so you don't get overwhelmed and you stay on track with planning. It's easy to get overwhelmed when planning such an important and big event, but with Ken, everything was effortless and easy. Many guests have shared how they felt our ceremony was one of the best they have ever witnessed. Ken kept the ceremony moving nicely, but didn't rush through anything, so it was relaxing and fun. He acknowledged quirky moments with laughter and lightness -- perfect for the slightly nervous bride and groom. I remember walking down the aisle and feeling emotional, but the minute we began the ceremony, my mind was put to ease and I enjoyed every second. I highly recommend SoCal Vows and Ken specifically, as he really has mastered his art of performing one of the most meaningful moments in a couple's life. Thank you, Ken, for making our day extra special! We so appreciate all you did to prepare for us and bring our loved ones together with us. :)

SoCal Vows 4
    SoCal Vows 5
    SoCal Vows 6
    SoCal Vows 7

Kristine · Married on 08/19/2018

Ken did a amazing job, he was super polite proffesinal and very easy to hear and understand. Highly recommend Ken to marry you!

John · Married on 08/19/2018

We couldn't have been more pleased with Ken and the vow renewal ceremony he performed for us! He did a terrific job.

We live in NY but we held the ceremony in Newport Beach. Ken worked with us via email to make sure that the ceremony would be tailored specifically to us. He did a fantastic job of getting to know us. And when we finally met him, it seemed like we had known him for years.

Ken made it a very special day for us.

Sent on 08/29/2018

SoCal Vows's reply:

Hi John & Diane, Thank you so much for the reviews and the kind words. It was great getting to know you two and getting to know your family. 40 years is an amazing achievement for sure… I hope that everything work out so that we can do this again in 20 years:) Again thank you for thinking of Socal Vows to help you on this special day.

Theresa · Married on 08/18/2018

Hands down Ken is the BEST!!! Coming from Seattle, Wa to a destination wedding in San Diego Ken made all the plans smooth and stress free! He stayed in great communication with the didtance and made time for us sonthat he got to get to know us, with video chat several emails it was like we knew him for EVER! Ken has a passion and will make your vision come to life. He asked about special details and checked on us thru the whole process. I would recommend him to anyone who wants a special day to remember! Several guest at the wedding thought he was a freind of the family because he was smooth and not awkward. Thank you so much Ken!! From Mrs. McDowell 8/18/18

SoCal Vows 8

Cecelia · Married on 08/12/2018

We recently had our wedding in Fallbrook CA. and Ken was our officiant. He was very professional and accommodating. Our ceremony was a combination of laughter, happy tears, and love. Thanks Ken!

Allison · Married on 08/08/2018

We were married by Ken in August in an intimate ceremony in Balboa Park and I would highly recommend him. The basics - he was easy to work with, on time to the ceremony and an all-around nice guy. But more importantly, the ceremony itself was beautiful. He uses a good mix of humor (yet never cheesy) and heartfelt sentiment. I'm so glad we chose SoCal Vows.

Elisabeth · Married on 08/06/2018

We couldn’t be any happier that we chose Ken at SoCal Vows for our day! He was prompt when I had a question or concern and gave me more than enough Information about the location since we were flying in from Texas and had never been to Windansea beach where we got married! It was literally the best day of our lives! Thanks Ken!

SoCal Vows 9

Jessica · Married on 07/27/2018

It was an absolute pleasure to have Ken Hoelscher as our wedding officiant. My husband and I planned our wedding from Australia and Ken was extremely accommodating during the lead up. He made himself available for a planning call and promptly responded to all our emails.

Our wedding ceremony is now one of my most cherished memories and Ken is a big reason for that. All our guests commented on how lovely is speech was and how it felt like he was family. We would highly recommend Ken! Thank you again!

Sent on 08/20/2018

SoCal Vows's reply:

Thank you so much for the great words Jessica. It was my pleasure to be part of your big day. You guys were so fun to get to know (loved the accent too). David and I got a chance to talk a lot beforehand as well. I wish you the best on your marriage and the years to come. No more long distance relationship:)

Melinda · Married on 07/21/2018

Ken was fantastic! Our ceremony was sweet and heartfelt and included all the things we had shared with him. He was able to incorporate the Hispanic lasso and arras tradition as well as a sand ceremony. The ceremony was about 20 minutes, which everyone agreed was the perfect length. Ken also emailed us regularly to remind us of important things like when would be a good time to get our wedding license and what documents to bring on the actual wedding day.
    Overall we were extremely pleased with the job Ken at SoCal Vows did and we would highly recommend him!

Sent on 07/29/2018

SoCal Vows's reply:

Thank you so much for the kind words Robert. It was so fun to be part of your special day with Melinda. It was hot, but beautiful! Thank you again for thinking of Socal Vows to be part of your special day.

Becca · Married on 07/01/2018

Ken did an amazing job on our special day! Throughout the entire process he was very responsive, helpful, and knowledgeable. Without even promoting, he would send emails with information to help us and guide us through the process. He was very accommodating and willing to work with us on what we wanted. I ended up changing our vows a few days before the wedding and it was no problem and the vows went off without a hitch! He arrived early before the ceremony, introduced himself and talked with me a bit. A very personal touch. After speaking with my husband, Ken made enough time to introduce himself and have a conversation with him as well. He was just a nice, happy person. I would recommend Ken time & time again!

Sent on 07/22/2018

SoCal Vows's reply:

Hi Becca, thank you for the kind words. It was great getting to know you and Dillon. You two were more relaxed than you think:) It was a huge blast doing your ceremony so thank you for thinking of Socal Vows in your wedding!

Kriselle · Married on 06/30/2018

Ken was the best! Truly a professional!! He made things so easy! Everyone at my wedding had great things to say about him & the speech he gave. I would HIGHLY recommend him!

Melissa · Married on 06/23/2018

Ken was awesome! He really listened to us and made our ceremony short and sweet which was exactly what we wanted. I would highly recommend Socal Vows and Pastor Ken!

Sent on 07/16/2018

SoCal Vows's reply:

Thank you for the kind words Melissa. It was great getting to know you and Kris and being part of your special day! Thank you again for thinking of Socal Vows. ~Pastor Ken Hudson

KRYSTAL · Married on 06/19/2018

Pastor Ken was amazing! He was very professional from start to finish. My husband and I were in a long distance relationship before we hired Ken. He was able to work with us through video chat to find out what kind of ceremony we wanted and was very on board with making our day memorable and unique to us. He has extensive Pastoral experience which was great since we wanted a Christian wedding! We got to know him a little personally as well as professionally which made the experience of having him as our officiant all the more special. On our day he was flawless, he made everyone laugh and took our nerves and threw them out the window without trying! Hire him a million times over. Ken you rock!

Sent on 07/20/2018
    SoCal Vows 10
    SoCal Vows 11

SoCal Vows's reply:

Hi Krystal, thank you again for the kind words. It was great getting to know you and Dan and hanging out (rock this way)!! What a great place to have a wedding too. I know you guys spent some time getting it all put together but is looked great:) Looking forward to hanging out more:)
  • KimmyV

Kimberly · Married on 06/17/2018

Mark from SoCal Vows officiated our wedding in San Clemente and he was absolutely amazing. He was in constant communication up to the wedding and even the morning of. He provided us with plenty of ideas and inspiration to create a personalized ceremony that fit us perfectly. Thank you for being a part of our dreams come true.

SoCal Vows 12

kim · Married on 06/17/2018

SoCal Vows was perfect for us from start to finish – book them now and you won’t regret it! Ken was very responsive and patient with all our planning questions, even my OCD about little details and the end result was absolutely everything we wanted. Great recommend on location, chatted with us beforehand to get the right vibe, connected us with an amazing photographer = a beautiful, intimate beachside ceremony that was even better than we’d hoped. Take the pressure off yourselves, book Ken / SoCal Vows and enjoy every moment of your special day like we did. Thank you SoCal Vows for starting our happily ever after as Mr. & Mrs, we’ll recommend you to all our friends! the Penneys

Teresa · Married on 06/15/2018

Absolutely Amazing! My husband (fiance at the time) and I wanted an easy wedding ceremony at the beach with just our immediate family and a couple close friends.  We both had been married before so we didn't need anything big and love the beach. So, I googled San Diego Beach weddings. Socal Vows was one of many companies that I emailed.  Ken was the first to resopnd and answered all my questions very quickly! As soon as we decided to go with him he sent me an email with a suggested layouts for the ceremony and questions for us to answer so he could get to know us and make the ceremony personal.  He answered all emails VERY quickly and sent informational emails about options we had. The day of my wedding was perfect! The photographer he works with is wonderful! Ken made our day very special! I definitely would recommend him!

Sent on 07/10/2018
    SoCal Vows 20
    SoCal Vows 21
    SoCal Vows 22

SoCal Vows's reply:

Thank you so much for the kind words Teresa! It was great getting to know you and Art and the rest of your family. Yes, the photos came out great too:) Again, thank you for thinking of Socal Vows for being part of your special day:)

Rebecca · Married on 06/09/2018

Ken was very helpful with planning a ceremony that felt true to us and that everyone enjoyed.