165 Reviews for SoCal Vows

Counseling (2)
Civil Union (1)
Baptist (1)
165 SoCal Vows Reviews

Coming from Orlando, Florida to visit Sunset Cliffs in San Diego, California was already the best vacation and celebration, our officiant Ken did a phenomenal job making the process breezy like the day of our wedding. I'm so impressed of Ken's questions, evaluations, and overall genuine care for our special day. He handled our relationship with the utmost respect, and made us all feel welcomed. Best choice for the beginning of the rest of our lives!

Profile Picture Jennifer, 10/21/18, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Ken was referred to us through our wedding venue, he was one of two choices . Did a little research on him and we decided to go with Ken. I have to say i was beyond impressed. Immediately after booking him he contacted us within days, he gathered some information on my then fiance and I and every couple weeks checked in on us to see if we needed any guidance , help , questions, anything you can think of Ken provided the answers without even asking. He was so incredibly nice and professional. Based on the information he gathered from us early on, he personalized our ceremony PERFECTLY!!!! I have to say that through-out the entire wedding planning and process Ken was one I completely put all my trust in, he made the ceremony planning completely stress free!! From beginning to end he handled it all. Our wedding was almost 3 weeks ago and I am still getting compliments on Ken. If your looking for an officiant BOOK HIM!!! He will meet all your expectations and beyond. We were truly blessed to have him and you will too!!

Profile Picture norma, 1/14/18, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Ken did an absolute amazing officiating our wedding! We had a hiccup on our day and our ceremony stared an hour later than expected. Even with the time crunch Ken assured our guests beforehand and pulled through our ceremony flawlessly. He is professional, patient, funny and an absolute delight. You will not be let down!

Profile Picture krista, 12/18/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Officiant

Ken did an amazing job officiating our wedding in Novemver 2017! I highly recommend him! He was professional, easy going, and even though we had only met him once over a skype session prior to our wedding he made our ceremony very heartfelt and included all of the details we mentioned to him making it seem like we had known him for years!

Profile Picture Danielle, 11/19/17, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Customized Vows

Leading up to our wedding Ken sent helpful emails/reminders and quickly responded to any inquires we had, including last minute additions to our ceremony. Our ceremony was short and sweet, but he made it so heartfelt, memorable, and personalized… just the way we envisioned it. Our guests highly praised our ceremony and loved Ken. We would highly recommend SoCal Vows to anyone planning their perfect wedding day.

Profile Picture Kathleen, 11/18/17, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Ken is awesome. Do not use anyone else. Our guests complimented on our service, that it was the best ceremony they had ever been to.
He is personable, he is very helpful all the way from start to finish. Our ceremony was intimate as well as humerous. I couldnt have been happier.
Thank you Ken for making our wedding ceremony so unique and a day we will never forget.

Profile Picture Jen , 11/15/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Officiant
Services Used: Customized Vows, Licensed, Counseling, Rehearsal, No Denomination

Pastor Ken was AMAZING!!! Prior to our wedding he sent the most helpful emails/reminders and quickly responded to any inquires I had. On wedding day, he was this calming force for both myself and my husband. Our ceremony was short, but Ken made it so heartfelt, memorable, and personalized. In fact, our guests thought that we knew Ken for years based on how personalized our ceremony was! Throughout the night, we received so many compliments about Pastor Ken from our guests. If you need an officiant for your wedding, stop looking and just hire this man! You will not be disappointed!

Profile Picture Renee, 11/12/17, 1 Review
Services Used: Single Religion, No Denomination, Customized Vows

Ken quickly responded to all of my questions during the planning process and performed a beautiful ceremony for us the day of the wedding.

Profile Picture Jessica, 11/5/17, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

My husband and I had the pleasure of having Pastor Ken officiate our wedding ceremony. It was our "public ceremony" as we were legally married almost a full year before we were able to have a traditional wedding with reception (#militaryproblems). Ken made the entire process easy! We were unexpectedly moved out of state four months before the wedding and Ken was timely with his emails and responses. Even with meeting him about five minutes before the ceremony started, he did a great job and incorporated details from our email conversations into the ceremony. He was completely flexible with allowing me to have two readers and mentioning important family members whom were with us in spirit. Thank you Ken and SoCal vows!

Profile Picture Kara, 11/4/17, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Our experience with So Cal Vows was absolutely wonderful! It was very quick and easy to book their services. We had the great pleasure of working with Pastor Ken Hudson. His response time was less than 24 hours. Pastor Ken met with us in person and corresponded via email to help create our perfect wedding ceremony. In addition to this he has gone above and beyond by continuing to check in on us after our wedding and sending extremely helpful tools on all things that must occur after your big day (the hassle of changing your last name). We cannot thank Pastor Ken and So Cal Vows enough for being a part of our special day!

Profile Picture Natalie, 11/4/17, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Customized Vows, Licensed, Counseling

Mark Murphy married my husband and I on October 28th 2017. In all honesty he did a fabulous job! He was interested in our story, and told it to our family in a manner that was funny and sweet. His presence was cheerful and he had a great sense of humor. He was also very professional and timely. We couldn't have been luckier to find such an incredible officiant who made our wedding ceremony memorable and special. Thank you Mark! - Martinez family

Profile Picture Jasmine , 10/28/17, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Ken was great!! He was there to answer all of my questions and accommodate my special day! Could not asked for anything else any other way!

Profile Picture Erica, 10/25/17, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Ken did a wonderful job officiating our wedding! He was very accommodating to what we wanted and really listened to what was important to us!

Profile Picture Megan, 10/22/17, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Please hire Ken as your officiant you will not be disappointed! He truly was able to capture the love and story of my husband and I. Everyone commented on how touching the ceremony was, I would also recommend adding rehearsal to your package Ken was awesome at coordinating the ceremony and was able to take on my large wedding party! If I would definitely rate him more than 5 stars, thanks for making wedding so memorable!

Profile Picture Michelle, 10/21/17, 1 Review
Services Used: Rehearsal, Licensed

Ken made our wedding absolutely wonderful. He incorporated humor, love, and honest feelings. I had so many positive comments.

Profile Picture Marianne, 9/30/17, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Ken was a pleasure to work with! We were very happy to have Ken officiate our wedding. Ken had great communication with us via email and always offered to help if we needed any guidance or assistance. Great delivery on the wedding day! Thank you Ken for being so patient and doing such a great job on our big day! We highly recommend Ken!

Photo for SoCal Vows Review - Wedgewood San Clemente, CA
Profile Picture Amber, 9/29/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Officiant

We are thankful that we came across Ken's SoCal Vows to officiate our intimate wedding (thank you google search!).

Let me preface this by saying we are not the typical bride/groom. We didn't want all the fluff that comes with weddings.
• Stuffy wedding attire? No way.
• Cheesy traditions? Please don't.
• Complicated wedding planning? Advil please.
• Putting on a "show" for the wedding guest? Pass the wine!. :)

We wanted to keep it simple. Just us and laid back. And laid back is what Ken delivered.

How many brides can say they had to make one phone call to make their dream wedding happen? Well, one call with Ken (and several email correspondences) was all we needed.

Picking a location? Ken has great knowledge of San Diego area, which was super helpful for an out-of-towners like us. We picked a beautiful popular wedding site (Wedding Bowl in La Jolla beach/San Diego). Usually this location requires reservation way in advance but we had our ceremony on a weekday so we didn't have to do anything other than book SoCal Vows.

Need a photographer? Ken works with a photographer and offer affordable add-on service to capture your special day. We went with his photographer and it was just what we needed. (We like to thank the photographer for not making us cheese in front of the camera :) )

Logistics leading up to your day? We had several email correspondence to plan for the ceremony. For us, we shared our "story" and picked a vow that fit our style, but for people that are doing a full-on ceremony, Ken has a list of things to check off for you. No details left behind.

The actual ceremony? We met up at the location, took some pre-ceremony pictures. We appreciated that Ken made the ceremony less like a show and more like a conversation between the 3 of us. We took a few pictures after the ceremony as the sun set over the ocean. (We got the jpg/raw files few days after the ceremony). Couldn't have asked for a perfect day. Thank YOU!

Profile Picture Lisako, 9/26/17, 1 Review
Category: Officiant, Photography

Thanks Ken for helping make a beautiful ceremony with us. Anyone considering will not be disappointed!

Andrew and Felicia

Profile Picture Andrew, 9/23/17, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Ken was the absolute best, not only on the wedding day but during the entire wedding planning process. He kept in contact with me and checked in often to confirm if we had any questions, wanted to talk, and provided helpful tips and examples of ceremonies to address questions we hadn't even thought of. He was extremely open to our ideas and supported us throughout the entire way with such a positive and upbeat personality. Right before my wedding ceremony was about to begin he came to the bridal suite and answered any last questions and really just wanted to check in on me. Naturally, I was extremely nervous however, he talked with me and managed to calm me down without even realizing he was doing so. I received so many compliments on the ceremony praising how great he was in regards to what he said, he personalized for the ceremony and it was beautiful. He made the process so easy and took care of everything for us as we were unsure what to do with the marriage license. I highly recommend him if you're looking for a seamless ceremony!

Profile Picture Stephanie, 9/22/17, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

I would truly like to say thank you to Reverend Ken Hoelscher. We were on a trip from NC, and had the Reverend and his service help with surprising my wife with a renewal of our vows. HE WAS DA MAN! he set location, brought red roses and made this experience in San Diego a God send. Blessing! I recommend him and his service to everyone and all. Somethings are better just left up to God. Bless you all!

Profile Picture David, 9/21/17, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Ken was great! The ceremony was the perfect balance between sweet, romantic and funny!

Profile Picture Sara, 9/16/17, 5 Reviews
Category: Officiant

Ken did a fantastic job. Our 50th renewal of vows couldn't have been nicer.

Profile Picture Tom, 9/10/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We hired Ken to be our officiant for our wedding. He did an amazing job with the ceremony and made it very personal. He also spent a lot of time emailing us to check on how our wedding planning was going and to make suggestions for our ceremony to help it be our most special day. I never questioned our choice of having SoCal Vows be our officiant. We received exceptional and professional service!

Profile Picture Jackie, 9/9/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Officiant

Ken was our officiant for our wedding and he did a fantastic job!! He was professional and reliable throughout the entire experience! He checked in throughout the wedding planning and guided us in making our ceremony perfect! I highly recommend Ken!!

Profile Picture Kris, 9/8/17, 4 Reviews