So Eventful Reviews

111 | Acampo, CA

111 Reviews for So Eventful

111 So Eventful Reviews

Al · Married on 09/01/2018

We worked with Jennifer Maudru for our wedding at the UC Berkeley Botanical Gardens and cannot say enough good things about her. If you have the chance to bring her on for your event, don't miss it. Weddings are about a million little details as well as the big picture, and whatever it was Jennifer kept us on track and on target, was always kind, thoughtful and responsive, and acted as our champion while interacting with our vendors.

The wedding passed off smashingly, in large part thanks to Jennifer, and I'll always remember that somewhere around 8 or 9pm she came to check on us, saw that our glasses were empty, and personally went to fetch some wine for us. Just lovely.

Sent on 09/27/2018

So Eventful's reply:

Al, Loved being your planner at Botanical Gardens! Thank you so much for your kind words. It’s my mission to ensure every aspect is planned perfectly. Cheers to you both! Best, Jennifer

Justine · Married on 08/18/2018

I had the pleasure of working with SoEventful the past year for our wedding day on 8/18/18.

Where to start- the ownership. SoEventful is a small, family owned business that started organically. They are very professional from the start. The tag line “be a guest at your own event” is exactly how we felt. They make the wedding planning process a breeze. When I heard other brides stressing and freaking out, I could never relate because everything was handled for us. I had trust and faith every step of the way that Marisa and her team was planning our wedding with OUR vision in mind.

They take ideas you randomly find, put their twist on it, and make your dreams become reality. They assisted in selecting the best fit vendors for US. I cannot say enough about how wonderful this experience was, I wasn’t very excited for this part of the process.

Now, the day of. Our day of planner was running around doing a million things, yet had a calm demeanor the entire time. This was important for me because I am naturally an anxious person (so you can imagine me about to walk down an aisle with 100+ people staring at me).

And guess what? WE STARTED ON TIME! I was told during cocktail hour we were actually ahead of schedule. NO JOKE, I thought this was impossible?! Not with SoEventful. And this meant more party time at the end of the night!

I can’t thank SoEventful enough for their excellent services!

Sent on 08/28/2018

So Eventful's reply:

Justine, Your review warmed my heart. Honestly, I can't take all the credit. You and Kevin were dream clients. Your calm demeanor and trust in myself and So Eventful made planning and executing your wedding a breeze. Wishing you a lifetime of happiness. Marisa

LuAnn · Married on 08/18/2018

We had the absolute pleasure of working with wedding coordinator Jennifer Maudru for our son's wedding on 8/18/18. Our son became engaged in July of 2017, set a wedding date in August of 2018 and in October of 2017, we lost everything in the Tubbs Fire in Sonoma County. We were going through so much, I knew I needed help with wedding planning. When I reached out to Jennifer, she was the kindest, calmest, most reassuring person I have ever met. She put me at ease and let me know that she would help us make this special day everything we envisioned it to be. When she said the words, "I want you to be a guest at your own event," I cried. Jennifer made herself available to us at all times. The fact that she was so responsive to all of our calls and emails made our confidence grow. She reached out and offered to do whatever she could to take things off of our plate. Jennifer is extremely detail oriented and professional. She is well respected in the event-planning business, so it made working with different vendors very easy because they had worked together before. She kept our budget in mind and helped us keep on track in all ways. She has so much knowledge and wonderful ideas. She listened to everything we said and took the ball and ran with it. We had 160 guests. The day of the wedding was the BEST DAY EVER! Jennifer had prepared a timeline and kept to it. Everything flowed perfectly. If there were any "hiccups," Jennifer took care of it all. I would not have changed one thing! If you are planning an important event, call Jennifer. We will never forget all of the hard work she did for us and got us through this process will very low stress. Thank you, Jennifer. We will never forget the important part you played in this special day.

Sent on 09/07/2018

So Eventful's reply:

LuAnn, Thank you so much for your kind words! I was so grateful to be your wedding planner and I am sad that it has come to an end. It truly was my mission to create a day that was unforgettable and I am so pleased to hear that the wedding surpassed expectations. Sending you and your family much love and happiness! XO Jennifer

P · Married on 02/24/2018

Kristen at So Eventful was an absolute dream to work with. She was organized, responsive, and thought about things we would never have ourselves. She helped plan our whirlwind of an Indian wedding, and managed to stay calm despite things (out of her control) going awry. It was a perfect weekend and I'd recommend Kristen to anyone. She is the best value you could add to your wedding planning process. (And don't let anyone tell you you don't need a planner, particularly if you've got busy jobs!)

Sent on 02/27/2018

So Eventful's reply:

Thank you thank you so much for your kind words! I seriously had a blast and felt like family by the end! :) SO happy about the weather too! Now only if I could take credit for that.... haha. Congrats again and best wishes for many happy happy years together! Kristen

Angella · Married on 01/01/2018

I'm a wedding florist and I've worked with Kristen at So Eventful for many years. I am always so excited to be part of her vendor team because she has such a passion for what is an incredibly detail oriented job. She absolutely LOVES her clients and will advocate for them down to the last little detail. She always makes sure the vendor team has all the information we need to execute the job perfectly. She's organized, energetic and has a great eye for design. I seriously cannot recommend her enough! Hire Kristen and you will enjoy your planning process!

Sent on 12/28/2017

So Eventful's reply:

Thank you so much for your kind words! I love being on your team too! :) It is always nice to have fun when it can be so stressful! Thank you for all you do! Kristen

Brandon · Married on 12/02/2017

Kristen blew me away! I'm a Wedding DJ and had the pleasure of working with her in Sept '17. First, she surprised me with her friendliness. Then she impressed me with her ability to make a huge endeavor feel easeful. Later, she shocked me by dancing with the crowd and dancing with me behind the DJ booth! She dealt with the electrical challenges of the venue like a champion and she stayed until we were totally broken down and turned the lights off for the venue. She was so helpful that she actually retrieved something I forgot and got it back to me. The bride, groom and family loved her and I'm sure will be recommending her as well. She's a total pro and someone you'd just want to hang out with. Hire her.

Sent on 09/30/2017

So Eventful's reply:

Brandon, Thanks for the kind words! It really takes a team to tackle these weddings and I am SO happy we were on the same one for this one! WOW! What a day! Let's do it again sooner rather than later! :) Kristen

Kaitlin · Married on 10/07/2017

Hiring So Eventful was the best decision we made while wedding planning. Their service is phenomenal and their staff is just incredible. Our planner Meghan was spectacular - relying on her to handle everything was so simple, letting go has never been easier! Not only did she and her team cover our entire wedding weekend (and deal with the MOB), we became friends with her and it was such a pleasure to have her there with us along our ride.

Thank you so much to the entire SE team! We adore you!

-Kaitlin & Evan, married October 2017

Sent on 10/24/2017

So Eventful's reply:

Kaitlin and Evan, You are such amazing people who not only made this event a dream to plan, but became fast friends through the process. Your commitment to each other and the vision for the weekend, along with your amazing focus on wine and food made this event truly one for the books! You both are so lovely and your families are so kind, I can't begin to thank you all for having me as part of this adventure in your lives! Cheers! Meghan

Sarah · Married on 10/07/2017

I work with So Eventful very closely on a day to day basis at work, so when it was my turn to get married I knew that I absolutely needed to hire them. And wow, was this the best decision I have ever made. First and foremost the owner, Marisa, is overly amazing and sweet. She knows how to pair you with the planner that fits you just perfectly. Our planner was Samantha Paull and I do not even know where to begin with her. She was the absolute best planner we could have ever imagined, she made sure to be there for us throughout every second and every minute of the process and the day. All the details that I really needed either help with or advice on, she made sure to be there with no questions asked. My now husband and I feel as though our wedding would not have went so perfectly without her. Because of her, our dreams really did come true with the best wedding of the year!! Thank you So Eventful and Samantha for being our right hand throughout the process. We couldn't have done this without you!!!!

Sarah · Married on 10/07/2017

Sent on 12/13/2017

So Eventful's reply:

Thank you so much Sarah! You were truly a dream to work with, so organized and detailed with all that you selected and planned for your wedding day. I appreciated how incredibly thoughtful you were about the details that would ensure your family and friends enjoyed themselves while celebrating your and Darren's love for one another! It was sincerely an honor and pleasure getting to assist the two of you, such a kind and thoughtful couple, with the planning of your beautiful wedding day! I wish you a lifetime of love and happiness! XO, Samantha

Alex · Married on 09/09/2017

Kristen is literally the best. We got married in September 2017 at my husband’s parent’s estate in Sonoma and we could not have pulled it off without her. We are based in Brooklyn and my in-laws house was being built as we planned (and I may be a little type A) so I was nervous about planning the wedding from afar. But, from the moment we spoke with her on the phone 2 years before the big day until the minute we left our wedding, we knew that everything was going to happen (and happen beautifully) because she was in charge. All the times that could have ended up in fights between my (now) husband and I ended up being a non-issue because “Kristen’s on it.” Not only did she juggle some crazy logistics (e.g., no buses would come up the road to the house), she had immaculate taste in decor and food, and an eye for space like nothing I’ve ever seen. While we were planning the wedding, my in-laws home was being built, so every site visit was complemented by blueprints and lots of imagination, yet Kristen was able to map out the event and ensure everything fit seamlessly. As if that wasn’t enough, the wedding went off without a hitch and she even hit the dance floor with us at the end of the night. Kristen - we <3 you!

Sent on 12/11/2017

So Eventful's reply:

ALEX AND WES! Thank you so much for your sweet words. I can't begin to tell you how much I loved being involved. I felt like family! Such a great weekend filled with amazing people, wonderful food and beautiful homes! Thanks again!!!! And, cheers to many years of happiness and love! :) Kristen

Amy · Married on 09/09/2017

Our experience with wedding planner Jessica Kerns at So Eventful was absolutely fantastic!! She is extremely experienced, has a wonderful preferred vendor list full of very talented professionals, and is an excellent problem solver and people manager. Jessica helped us deal with a hard-to-communicate-with wedding venue, (that we picked before we hired Jessica), and was also instrumental in securing a venue for our welcome dinner that clearly wouldn't have happened without her connections. She is well known and highly respected within her industry which is extremely helpful during the planning process when working with vendors and end results. Our wedding day was everything we hoped it would be- so beautiful and well-orchestrated, all of our guests had a lovely time! We can't thank Jessica enough for all her time, energy, patience and expertise and would highly recommend her services for any upcoming wedding or special event! THANK YOU SO MUCH Jessica!!

Sent on 02/24/2018

So Eventful's reply:

Thank you so much Amy ! You and Adam were such a treat, I can't believe its been nearly 6 months! Next time you two are in Healdsburg, please let me know, I would love to catch up with you both! Xoxo - Jessica

Matthew · Married on 08/12/2017

We worked with Kristen Miller for our wedding and she was amazing! Even though we live in New York she was our eyes and ears on the ground. She kept us on track for everything with extreme attention to detail and handled all vendor communication. Kristen has a great personality and is easy to work with. Additionally she has a huge network with connections to all the vendors we worked with in the CA area and is familiar with many venues in Sonoma / Napa.

On the wedding day she was extremely organized and went above and beyond positioning my wife's dress to make sure everything looked perfect when she walked out. Kristen also handled many of the small decorations on the day of the wedding. After the wedding she stepped in to handle all the post wedding services and even shipped our rental clothing back.

Kristen really took the burden off our shoulders for the wedding planning process and helped us through what could have been a really stressful time. She made it fun and easy with her great organizational skills and patience with us when we ran behind. We will definitely recommend her to any friends or family who are having a wedding in the area.

Sent on 08/27/2017

So Eventful's reply:

Matt and Pauline - you two are so sweet! Getting to know you throughout the past year has been so much fun. I can't believe we did it and what a success! The energy was there and can't wait to see the PICS! :) Best wishes! And, we won't be strangers! NY HERE I COME! :) :) XO! Kristen

Megan · Married on 07/22/2017

We are so thankful that we had Jessica Kern's vision and flexibility to help us plan our dream wedding! Jessica is dedicated, organized, creative, responsive, and clearly loves what she does!

Sent on 08/03/2017

So Eventful's reply:

Thank you so much Megan! It truly was a pleasure to work with you both - I'm still obsessing over the peacock cake!! Keep in touch! Xoxo Jessica

Lindsey · Married on 07/22/2017

We worked with Kristen Miller at so Eventful for our July wedding in Sonoma county. She brought our vision to life with perfect accuracy and our wedding day played out absolutely flawlessly. Not only was our wedding day unforgettable but Kristen made every aspect of planning easy, low stress and FUN! Kristen was worth every penny and hiring her was far and away the most valuable money we spent for our big day. We could not say enough positive things about Kristen - she possesses every single quality that you would want in a planner and is a wonderful person to boot. Do not hesitate to use Kristen to plan your event, you would be missing out on an amazing experience!

Sent on 08/12/2017

So Eventful's reply:

Lindsey and Michael, THANK YOU for your kind words. I had so much fun getting to know you and your families - it was just a delight to be apart of your very special day. I am still in awe - so many great details and so so happy you both are still on cloud 9! :) yeeeeee we did it! XO! Kristen

Jenna · Married on 07/15/2017

One of the best things we did for our wedding was hire Meghan Magnasco at So Eventful for day of coordination. People always try to tell you how chaotic and fast paced your wedding day is, but it's hard to truly comprehend that until you live it. The last thing the bride and groom need to worry about is whether the last shuttle has arrived, if the cake is melting from the 103 degree heat, if the guest book is missing, if you've signed your marriage license, etc...You want to focus on being with your loved ones and staying as present as possible in every single moment. Meghan made that happen. She made our wedding day feel like the breeziest day of our lives. 5+ stars for the incredible attention to detail, ease and timeliness of communication, and genuine commitment to ensuring every guest had as much fun as we did.

Sent on 08/14/2017

So Eventful's reply:

Jenna and Rob, You were such a delight to work with. Jenna, you may have been one of the most organized and creative brides I have worked with to date! You made coordinating the wedding such a joy, and your friends and family were so welcoming and ready to celebrate two wonderful people. Planning and executing events for couples like you truly make this job a dream. Thanks you two!! Cheers! Meghan

Megan · Married on 06/24/2017

We worked with Meghan at So Eventful which was an absolute pleasure. She responded to all my emails and made me feel calm and helped with all my little details. She provided insight and had a great amount of knowledge and expertise. She asked me questions, making sure she had all the information she needed to perform her job perfectly and she did. She was so easy to work with and I felt like I knew her for years. The day of my wedding she took over and helped set up all my decorations and it looked beautiful. The day would have not gone as smoothly as it did without her. Highly recommend!

Sent on 07/05/2017

So Eventful's reply:

Working with Megan + Taylor was a dream! Megan was one of the most creative clients I have had the pleasure to work with and made collaborating on executing her big day a breeze! Wishing you two all the best in your marriage and future together! ~ Meghan
  • W

Will · Married on 05/28/2017

We used Jennifer Maudru from So Eventful as our day-of wedding coordinator. Jennifer delivered the perfect wedding for us. She was friendly, thoughtful, professional, and capable. She understood perfectly what we wanted and made it happen, from the wedding rehearsal to the wedding itself, from arranging table decorations, to herding guests, to managing the vendors. We were able to focus 100% on the event and enjoy ourselves while she took care of things behind the scenes. We couldn't have asked for better. We can't emphasize enough how impressed we were with Jennifer, and how grateful we were to have her as our wedding coordinator. It's too bad we won't need another wedding, because we'd love to work with her again! We would recommend her wholeheartedly to anyone. Give that woman a raise!

Sent on 07/11/2017

So Eventful's reply:

Will, Thank you so much! I loved working for you both. It was so special to stage a wedding outside a beautiful Victorian home in Sonoma. Wishing you the best! XO Jennifer

Sydnie · Married on 05/13/2017

Kristen Miller was our wedding planner for our April 28, 2018 wedding at Holman Ranch. She was fantastic! She is so thoughtful, kind, responsive and fun to work with. I couldn't image planning a wedding without her and she made our wedding day truly perfect. Everything turned out better than I could've imagined and the whole day went off without a hitch! Hiring Kristen was one of the best decisions we made during the planning process and we're overjoyed with how everything turned out. Thanks Kristen!

Sent on 05/14/2018

So Eventful's reply:

Thank YOU both for such a kind note! I am so THRILLED you had such an amazing weekend AND we dodged the rain and the sun was shining! What an amazing weekend celebrated with love, family and friends! Thank you once again for choosing me to be involved! Best wishes for a life time of happiness!!!!!!! Kristen

Cynthia · Married on 05/06/2017

We worked with Monica at So Eventful and cannot recommend her highly enough. She was very friendly and professional. She listened to our wants and needs and ensured that everything ran smoothly at the rehearsal and the day of the wedding. We didn't have to worry about a thing! Monica made my daughter's wedding extra special! Thank you!
    Cynthia C.

Sent on 05/22/2017

So Eventful's reply:

Thank you so much, Cynthia! While I always go the extra distance for all of my clients, people like you, Lindsay and Jay make my job easy. All the best! Thank you, Monica

Katie · Married on 05/06/2017

Our wedding day was pretty much perfect, and we owe that to Kristen Miller. We initially did not plan to use a wedding planner, but after we finished making the fun decisions (like food and cake), we found that we did not have the time that it took to deal with everything else. Kristen stepped in and made our vision a reality. No detail was overlooked. She was responsive, detail-oriented, and fun to work with. And with all of her oversight and contacts, she practically paid for herself. Truly the best money that we spent!

Sent on 05/22/2017

So Eventful's reply:

Katie...Dan! THANK YOU so much for your kind words. I was so honored to be apart of your special day and so excited you both were so thrilled! It truly was a very special, perfect day! You two did it! AHHHHH!!! :) :) Kristen

Jaki · Married on 04/29/2017

We collaborated with Kristen Miller on our April 2017 wedding at Solage Calistoga. She was an absolute pleasure to work with and exceeded ALL of our expectations. She's well organized, articulate, and easy to work with, and brings a wealth of experience and knowledge to the table. She also knows how to execute on time and within budget and respected our vision. This unique combination of being able to strategize, plan, and execute is rare and we were lucky to have her. Strongly recommend for those considering hiring a wedding planner/coordinator.

Sent on 09/03/2017

So Eventful's reply:

Saki and John, thank you so much for your thoughtful words. I had such a great time being apart of your very special day at Solage. And, what a beautiful day it was! Once again congrats! :) Hope your enjoying the year! Love, Kristen

Cynthia · Married on 03/24/2017

Our coordinator was Kristen Miller, and she was FANTASTIC. My (now) husband and I are OCD planners with everything we do, and Kristen matched our level of OCD and thought of all the little details we hadn't considered. She is organized, detail-oriented, and very fast on email - all super important qualities in a wedding coordinator.

Wedding coordination is not cheap, and while we initially experienced a case of sticker shock, we were pleased with the service provided. We only did day-of coordination ($2000), which was cheaper than some of the other coordinators in the area that we considered (but yes, still substantial amount of money), however Kristen went above and beyond to ensure that all went smoothly - especially when it came to having a contingency plan for rain (and it stormed like no other the morning of our wedding!)

Thank you So Eventful, and particularly Kristen, for making our day run as smoothly as it did!

Sent on 04/13/2017

So Eventful's reply:

THANK YOU both for your hard work! Your wedding was beautiful and I am so happy to have been involved - rain or shine! :) We got them both! Cheers to a happy future together! Kristen

Sydney · Married on 01/02/2017

So Eventful recently helped us plan our wedding and the experience was wonderful. They helped us with all of the ceremony and reception floral arrangements and even went beyond to assist with party and furniture rentals!

Sent on 03/12/2017

So Eventful's reply:

Sydney, Thank you for the kind words. Wishing you a lifetime of happiness. So Eventful

Katie · Married on 10/22/2016

We had the pleasure of using So Eventful for wedding planning services for our October wedding in Wine Country. We live out of state so having someone help us locally was a must. We came across So Eventful after EXTENSIVE research and conversations with countless other planners (I am extremely Type A) and used them first for an event scouting trip. It was a great opportunity for us to get a feel for someone who would eventually become our #1 point of contact for all things wedding. We met Kristen Miller and from that first meeting, never looked back! Kristen was AMAZING and we cannot say enough wonderful things about her work.

We did a custom package with Kristen, that consisted of the venue scouting, wedding planning and full day of services. Kristen went above and beyond! She presented us with so many venue options and really listened to what we were looking for (which as most brides know can change from day to day!) In the end, she helped us land our dream venue in Santa Rosa and planned what will go down as the best day ever. She spent countless hours/days working with me via email/phone/FaceTime which was so important for an out of state bride. She took our very specific ideas about the style of wedding we were hoping for and nailed it to a T. Kristen introduced us to simply wonderful vendors across the area, and gave us so many options to choose from. We would have been happy with any of the vendors which speaks to her contacts she has. Leading up to the wedding, she was 100% available whenever we had a question/concern/change of idea and made the entire process so smooth.

On the day of, she kept everyone on schedule (!!!!) and my husband and I were calm as a cucumber because of her. She is simply an amazing wedding planner and our day was so great because of her help. I would absolutely recommend her to any bride looking for a wedding planner in Wine Country. She has a great list of vendor partners in a wide range of price points. Thank you Kristen an

Sent on 12/11/2016

So Eventful's reply:

Thank YOU for your kind, sweet notes! It was so much fun getting to know you and Franco! Love the pictures - get to relive all the time. Hope your well! Please stay in contact! XO!

Rachel · Married on 10/16/2016

I had the pleasure of working with So Eventful for one of my best friends wedding, who I also happened to do makeup for. As a makeup artist in the wedding world, I have worked with many planners and So Eventful is definitely top notch! They were so organized from the very beginning, with detailed emails and a quick response time, leaving no room for error. I hope to work with So Eventful soon again!!!

Sent on 10/19/2016

So Eventful's reply:

Rachel, Thanks so much! It was wonderful to work with you too. Despite being thrown a rain curveball, we made it through together- orderly and as dry as possible. Jessica texted me the other day saying she is on "Cloud Nine!" Your wonderful make-up expertise made the day even better. Definitely looking forward to future events! -Jen Maudru