Smokin Willy Reviews

Smokin Willy 7
  • Alex

Alex · Married on 10/05/2019

Smooth from Start to Finish

When we first started planning our wedding, we knew we wanted to have barbecue. Smokin’ Willy was recommended to us by our wedding venue, and it didn’t take us long to figure out why. The food is excellent (their cornbread is amazing!), the staff is so responsive and professional, and they are very reasonably priced. We worked with Ashley from beginning to end, and she could not have been more of a joy to work with. She provided advice and responded to our every question thoroughly and promptly, no matter how frequently or late we asked them (that’s for you ladies who wake up in the middle of the night worrying about wedding details). The peace of mind we got from this is absolutely invaluable. We got all of our rentals from them too, including some ADORABLE wine barrel tables that added so much character and charm to our farm wedding.

On our wedding day, they set up everything to absolute perfection, and I didn’t have to worry about a thing, because I knew we were in excellent hands. Most importantly, the food was incredible, and we were so overjoyed to see so many of our guests going back for seconds. We also requested a signature cocktail, and it came out so good that almost all of our guests were trying it, even those who would ordinarily drink something else. Throughout the cocktail hour and reception, the staff were professional and prompt in clearing away dishes and refilling drinks, and they packed away everything for us at the end of the evening.

Bottom line, we highly recommend Smokin’ Willy to any couple. We loved working with them, and if we had to do it all over again, we wouldn’t change a thing.

Sent on 10/21/2019
    Smokin Willy 8
    Smokin Willy 9
    Smokin Willy 10
    Smokin Willy 11
    Smokin Willy 12
  • Danielle

Danielle · Married on 09/28/2019

I wish I could give them 10 Stars!

To say we were happy with our choice to go with Smokin Willy as our wedding caterer and rental service would be an understatement. Smokin Willy was recommended to us by our wedding venue and was everything we could have asked for and more. Chris and Ashley were so easy to work with and extremely attentive. They made sure everything was taken care of and ready to go. The food was out of this world, all of our guests loved it!! We did a plated dinner and all of the staff made sure everything went smoothly and according to plan. All of the waiters and bartenders gave 110%. Smokin Willy helped make our wedding absolutely perfect, would recommend over and over!

Sent on 10/13/2019

Kimberly McCue · Married on 09/21/2019

You can't top this!

Your wedding is something your guests will remember as well as the food!! Smokin Willys was professional from beginning to end. Their food was something all of our guests are still talking about, especially the brisket. The streamline coordination was excellent and they helped package our "leftovers". Yes leftovers! They served enough food so that nothing ran out but not so much that we were eating it for a week. Chris and his team even allowed us to have a personal touch with the "hot pepper bar" and just bade the buffet beautiful.
    Thank you Smokin Willy's for a wonderful wedding!

Sent on 10/07/2019

Kimberly James · Married on 08/18/2019

best caterer!

Smokin Willy exceeded our expectations! They are far more than a caterer. They help set up ceremony site, reception site, cocktail hour site, as well as cook the food on site. And speaking of the food, our guests said it was the best wedding food they've ever had! From the moment we started working with them we knew we had chosen the right caterer!

Sent on 08/31/2019
  • Madison

Madison Kramer · Married on 08/17/2019

10/10 Smokin Willy - Thank you!

Smokin Willy provided awesome food for our wedding reception - the guests raved about how tasty the BBQ was. They were a pleasure to work and plan with from start to finish and their staff really took the lead on executing a perfect reception. Thank you!

Sent on 08/31/2019
  • Marguerite

Marguerite · Married on 08/10/2019

When the caterer outshines the coordinator

I can't say enough good about Smokin Willy's. Some point in the planning process I became determined to have a bbq and they delivered. The food was delicious, hands down. I had numerous guest asking me to send them brisket and green beans the next day. The portions were very generous, enough for seconds, thirds and fourths. We actually had too much food and in hindsight, I may have ordered down but it added nicely to our Sunday family brunch for out of town guests the next day. The best part of my experience was that the on-site event manager Chris, went into action when our day of coordinator was late arriving by nearly and hour. She was not present to check-in and direct any of our vendors which is such a critical part of staying on time. To say she dropped the ball is putting it mildly. Since they cook everything on-site and were responsible for setting up the dining room, this could have made the entire day disastrous. They had never worked out our venue but did not allow her failures to impact the timelines of the service they promised. They figured everything out and made sure that our guests were fed and satisfied. I truly appreciated this. Throughout the planning process, Ashley was attentive and answered the zillion questions I asked. Even when we had a slight misunderstanding because I wanted something they were not familiar with, a simple phone call got us back on track and she was happy to figure out how we could make things work. Great value, great service, and hands down a great choice. My in-laws are already talking about when we can use them again. A big thank you for helping our day not to turn into a disaster when our coordinator did not manage or connect the dots for all of our vendors on the day of.

Sent on 08/22/2019
    Smokin Willy 13

Leigh Serroka · Married on 07/13/2019

Delicious food and great service

Smokin Willy's were amazing. Ashley was great at keeping us up to date and organized for all of our table and linen needs. Judy and the kitchen staff had the buffet line and food and drinks served so fast, not to mention how much everyone raved about the delicious food.

Sent on 09/02/2019

Rebecca · Married on 06/29/2019

Book them now!

Smokin Willy is THE company to book if you want amazing food at your wedding. I can’t tell you how many guests raved about the meals. From start to finish, Smokin’ Willy was a dream to work with. I coordinated with Ashley, who answered my 8 million questions I had throughout the process. Their prices are extremely reasonable, especially in this area. They did a fantastic job with setup and breakdown, especially when last minute I decided to have my ceremony inside the reception hall. I would absolutely recommend them to anyone who is looking for a hardworking, fair-priced, and honest company!

Sent on 07/15/2019

Sadie · Married on 06/01/2019

Amazing team

We worked with Ashley to get everything ordered and she was so easy to work with. We went back and forth several times, and she was able to answer all of my questions and responded in a timely manner. The food was excellent, and the team who worked our wedding was fantastic, friendly, and on top of everything. They helped clean up at the end of the night and were just overall fantastic to work with.

Sent on 07/09/2019
  • songbird

Taylor · Married on 05/25/2019

Love BBQ? Want to eat on your wedding day? DO IT!

The entire Smokin Willy team made the planning and celebrating simple and enjoyable. All of the staff we worked with were friendly and professional throughout the process. We felt 100% confident that our guests would enjoy the BBQ served fresh off the grill on site. All of the food was outstanding, and the Smokin Willy team ensured that we would actually get to sit down and eat whatever we wanted to! These people will make sure that your guests are happy, but they will also make sure that YOU are happy and fed. :) If you have guests with particular dietary needs, Smokin Willy was extremely accommodating and helpful. Thank you, Smokin Willy!

Sent on 06/05/2019
  • Emily

Emily Whiteman and Andrew Goodwin · Married on 05/18/2019

One of the best decisions we made

When we picked BBQ as our food of choice, we knew we were taking a risk on our wedding food choice. We knew that most weddings have the typical chicken, fish, or steak with some fancy sides. Sometimes it buffet or plated. However, because we had a rustic feel to our wedding and we had a pretty diverse group of guests, no better way to make people feel comfortable than good ole BBQ. And it was a hit!!!

The food was good, the brisket was to die for, and so many people loved the greens! Everyone had enough to eat and even the proclaimed vegetarians gave it up for the day. The food was that good, and no better way to get people to relax and want to have a good time than some good BBQ. They know it is not a stuffy environment and yet food that will fill you up.

We decided to do family style and that was one of the best choices we made. People didn’t have to wait for very long for their food and there was enough for 2nds and 3rds.

The staff was also so good. Chris was not a sales person. He made us feel comfortable and we knew he didn’t need our business, but if we went with him we knew he would go the extra mile for us. Ashley kept everything together and changed the menu to our exact needs.

The one thing I will say that they do better than others is that they breakdown the menu by item instead of price per head. We visited other caterers who did price per head and we felt that some of the options were a little bit of a rip off. For example, we do price per head and it didn’t matter if we did a fruit bowl or shrimp scampi as a side, it would be the same. But everyone knows shrimp will cost a lot more than a fruit bowl. Where Smokin Willy separates themselves is that you can custom the menu by item and determine how much of each item you want to make sure the budget fits for you without feeling like the caterer got away with you overpaying.

The last detail is that they cook on site. I can’t tell you how important this is, but just the aroma building during cocktail hour was enough to get everyone in a positive mood. But if they don’t cook on the site, the food will be different than what you had during your tasting. This detail, along with the staff attentiveness, and customized menu is exactly why you should go with this team.

Sent on 06/23/2019
  • Kirsten

Kirsten · Married on 05/11/2019

Amazing Experience and Service

Smokin' Willy was our choice from the beginning. They were the recommendation of our venue and I'm SO GLAD that we went with them. The food, service, etc. was OUTSTANDING. Every person we spoke to during the wedding commented on how good the food was. I honestly feel like the food the day of the event was actually better than when we went in for the tasting. Ashley was super responsive which I appreciated as I had a TON of questions leading up to the event. Chris was there for the duration of our wedding and the night ran so smooth. Everyone was telling us not to worry because something was bound to go wrong at the wedding and I have to say that wasn't the case. The wedding went off without a hitch and I attribute that mostly to the quality of service Chris and Smokin' Willy staff provided. Thank you all SO MUCH! You really made our wedding day the BEST DAY EVER!

Sent on 10/21/2019

Keri · Married on 11/11/2018

So many compliments at our wedding

If you want really high quality food, consider Smokin Willy. They make the best BBQ and so much more. The food was complimented over and over by the guests. They can do family style service, buffet or plated. And for cocktail hour, they did passed appetizers that were awesome. We had so many choices from their catering menu too. Finally, their organization and catering management was amazing. They had excellent service, set up and cleanup. Super professional. And while BBQ seems a casual choice for a wedding, Smokin Willy made all the food elevated, and with beautiful linens, table settings, wonderful bar service, it felt like it was something more from a fine restaurant.

Sent on 11/23/2018
  • Bryon

Bryon · Married on 10/27/2018

Great BBQ and great service!

We had a great experience using Smokin' Willy for our rehearsal dinner. We got TONS of compliments on the taste of the BBQ and sides, the staff members were courteous and attentive, and they helped to make the event a lot of fun. The event planning was easy and the team were responsive. We would definitely recommend them to anyone looking for BBQ for their RD or reception (and look forward to going back to their restaurant ourselves as well!)

Sent on 11/04/2018
  • Lauren

Lauren · Married on 10/27/2018

You have to book them!!!!

You are crazy if you don't book Smokin Willy! Their food is sooooo good and yet they provide so much more than that. Ashley worked with me for months leading up the wedding, answering all my questions and a million emails. I honestly felt like we were long time friends after the whole thing! Chris and the team spent several hours with me walking through every detail at the venue beforehand and were amazing when we had to scratch our entire plan literally hours before the ceremony. I would book them a million times over.

Sent on 11/20/2018

Tom · Married on 09/15/2018

From Chris the owner all the way through the organization we found everyone to be polite, responsive and very professional. It also didn’t hurt that the food was superb. Communication with Ashley was quick and concise. When the big day arrived the crew onsite was extremely helpful and friendly to everyone. Judy was able to adjust the tent by taking down the sides we had requested because we thought it was going to be a rainy day. Judy was flexible and so very accommodating that although it was a stressful day since I was hosting a party of over 200 people, I never worried about food, drink or clean up. They were a joy to work with from beginning to end . Thank you for making my daughter’s special day even better!

Sent on 09/17/2018
  • O

Olivia · Married on 09/15/2018

Fantastic food and staff

I wouldn't recommend anyone else. Smokin Willy and their staff is amazing at what they do! They work hard to make sure the venue is set up perfect. Such a very friendly group that know what they are doing. I highly recommend them!

Sent on 10/18/2018

Liv · Married on 09/01/2018

We used Smokin Willy for the catering at our recent wedding at The Barns at Hamilton Station. First and foremost, their food is amazing! Everything we had (and everything we sampled prior to deciding) was amazing! They were highly recommended by our venue and we were able to meet them and sample their food at a wedding expo shortly after getting engaged. We knew immediately that we wanted to work with them. From the very beginning, they were professional and highly responsive to any and all questions we had! When we met with their staff during the tasting, they were friendly, professional, and completely flexible with what we wanted to create. You can not go wrong if you choose to work with them!!! Everyone raved about their food and I would choose them all over again if I could!

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!

Sent on 09/25/2018

Lisa · Married on 06/23/2018

The team at Smokin Willy was absolutely wonderful to work with! They were responsive, answered a thousand questions beforehand, and reasonably priced for amazing food! They were flexible when it came to rain back-up plans (which they had to speedily implement!) and no one was the wiser for all the scrambling they did. Everyone raved about the food! I would highly recommend them!

Sent on 07/03/2018

Corinne · Married on 06/15/2018

The team at Smokin Willy did a great job working to make our vision for our wedding a reality since day one! The food and day of service they provided for us was fantastic and our guests were raving all night!

Sent on 06/18/2018
    Smokin Willy 14

Kate · Married on 06/15/2018

Great food and great service!!

Chris at Smokin Willy is great! My dad has worked with him over the years, and recommended him to my now husband and I. We went out for a tasting where Chris sat down with us and walked us through all the food and all of the services his team provides. We went with them because the food was tasty and we were so confident he would deliver a great experience!

All of the food is cooked on site, so it's super fresh and delicious!

The wait staff was great as well - they were both our bartenders and waiters and were absolutely wonderful!

At our venue, we were able to bring in our own alcohol, and the Smokin Willy team helped us get our quantities right for both alcohol and mixers!

They even packed up our leftovers at the end of the night in a cooler which made for a great snack after the after party! :)

Chris and his team helped every step of the way and truly helped deliver a great night! They were always willing to help too - even if wasn't in their lane - they are just so committed to making sure you have a great day that they go above and beyond - it was a great experience!

Thank you Chris and Smokin Willy!!

Sent on 05/14/2019

Kimberly · Married on 06/02/2018

I cannot recommend Smoking Willy's catering highly enough. Cris and his team were AMAZING from start to finish. On our wedding day, it poured rain all afternoon, and our tented reception area turned into a MUDPIT. Despite the terrible weather and inches of mud and rain, Smoking Willy's arrived on time (when many other vendors did not) and with a great attitude. The food was absolutely delicious and the service was even better. The guests are still raving about how wonderful everything was and what a great job they did. Cris and his crew stayed at our house until 2:30 in the morning making sure everything was cleaned up and hauled away correctly. Don't hesitate, book Cris and Smoking Willy's for your event today!

Sent on 08/01/2018

Hillary · Married on 05/26/2018

Booking Smokin Willy was one of the best decisions I made during my wedding planning process. Chris was a joy to work with. My wedding reception was at a barn with two giant chandeliers, so I wanted the food to match that sense of casual elegance. We opted for BBQ (casual) and the quality of the food really elevated the meal to an elegant upscale dinner. We went with the grilled mesquite chicken, grilled ribeye steak, grilled mahi mahi, veggies, mashed potatoes, and mac and cheese. We also had a plated salads and passed appetizers during the cocktail hour. We are big foodies (both me and my husband come from huge Italian families) and ALL of my guests RAVED about our food - especially the mac and cheese. We served our dinner family style, and Chris managed bring everything out nice and hot and in a quick and timely manner. Everything was cooked to perfection and I have zero complaints. My sister even asked them to box up some steak and mac and cheese for my husband and I to eat that night because we liked it that much! Haha!

Not only was Chris amazing about food - he also helped us out with a ton of other things. We got most all of our rentals through him. He has some beautiful farm tables, as well as some big wine barrel cocktail tables that we used outside. We also rented a few bars to bring into the venue which were very cool. All plates, linens, glassware, and silverware were also secured through him so he really is a one stop shop - score!

As if great food and great rentals weren't enough, Chris and his team also provided amazing service. They set up all the tables and place settings for the event, manned the bar, served 27 tables family style, passed appetizers during cocktail hours, and smiled the whole time. I really felt like the whole team were more guests at my wedding because there were all so nice and pleasant.

It's clear that the folks at Smokin Willy know their way around a grill AND a wedding. 10/10 would recommend.

Sent on 06/18/2018
    Smokin Willy 15
    Smokin Willy 16
    Smokin Willy 17
  • Jane

Jane · Married on 05/26/2018

great food and great staff!

the lead caterer was excellent to work with and the staff worked very hard and everyone was pleased with the quality and amount of food. the staff took care of everything and we did not have to worry about a thing!

Sent on 10/20/2018

Molly · Married on 04/27/2018

My wedding day was completely stress free thanks to this amazing team! I have gotten so many compliments from the guests at our wedding. They continue to tell us how amazing the food and service were! Cris and his team made sure that every small final detail we wanted was accommodated for and we could not have been more happy.

Sent on 05/15/2018