Smokin Willy Reviews

109 | Leesburg, VA

109 Reviews for Smokin Willy

109 Smokin Willy Reviews

Tom · Married on 09/15/2018

From Chris the owner all the way through the organization we found everyone to be polite, responsive and very professional. It also didn’t hurt that the food was superb. Communication with Ashley was quick and concise. When the big day arrived the crew onsite was extremely helpful and friendly to everyone. Judy was able to adjust the tent by taking down the sides we had requested because we thought it was going to be a rainy day. Judy was flexible and so very accommodating that although it was a stressful day since I was hosting a party of over 200 people, I never worried about food, drink or clean up. They were a joy to work with from beginning to end . Thank you for making my daughter’s special day even better!

• O

Olivia · Married on 09/15/2018

Fantastic food and staff

I wouldn't recommend anyone else. Smokin Willy and their staff is amazing at what they do! They work hard to make sure the venue is set up perfect. Such a very friendly group that know what they are doing. I highly recommend them!

Liv · Married on 09/01/2018

We used Smokin Willy for the catering at our recent wedding at The Barns at Hamilton Station. First and foremost, their food is amazing! Everything we had (and everything we sampled prior to deciding) was amazing! They were highly recommended by our venue and we were able to meet them and sample their food at a wedding expo shortly after getting engaged. We knew immediately that we wanted to work with them. From the very beginning, they were professional and highly responsive to any and all questions we had! When we met with their staff during the tasting, they were friendly, professional, and completely flexible with what we wanted to create. You can not go wrong if you choose to work with them!!! Everyone raved about their food and I would choose them all over again if I could!

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!

Lisa · Married on 06/23/2018

The team at Smokin Willy was absolutely wonderful to work with! They were responsive, answered a thousand questions beforehand, and reasonably priced for amazing food! They were flexible when it came to rain back-up plans (which they had to speedily implement!) and no one was the wiser for all the scrambling they did. Everyone raved about the food! I would highly recommend them!

Corinne · Married on 06/15/2018

The team at Smokin Willy did a great job working to make our vision for our wedding a reality since day one! The food and day of service they provided for us was fantastic and our guests were raving all night!

Smokin Willy 1

Kimberly · Married on 06/02/2018

I cannot recommend Smoking Willy's catering highly enough. Cris and his team were AMAZING from start to finish. On our wedding day, it poured rain all afternoon, and our tented reception area turned into a MUDPIT. Despite the terrible weather and inches of mud and rain, Smoking Willy's arrived on time (when many other vendors did not) and with a great attitude. The food was absolutely delicious and the service was even better. The guests are still raving about how wonderful everything was and what a great job they did. Cris and his crew stayed at our house until 2:30 in the morning making sure everything was cleaned up and hauled away correctly. Don't hesitate, book Cris and Smoking Willy's for your event today!

Hillary · Married on 05/26/2018

Booking Smokin Willy was one of the best decisions I made during my wedding planning process. Chris was a joy to work with. My wedding reception was at a barn with two giant chandeliers, so I wanted the food to match that sense of casual elegance. We opted for BBQ (casual) and the quality of the food really elevated the meal to an elegant upscale dinner. We went with the grilled mesquite chicken, grilled ribeye steak, grilled mahi mahi, veggies, mashed potatoes, and mac and cheese. We also had a plated salads and passed appetizers during the cocktail hour. We are big foodies (both me and my husband come from huge Italian families) and ALL of my guests RAVED about our food - especially the mac and cheese. We served our dinner family style, and Chris managed bring everything out nice and hot and in a quick and timely manner. Everything was cooked to perfection and I have zero complaints. My sister even asked them to box up some steak and mac and cheese for my husband and I to eat that night because we liked it that much! Haha!

Not only was Chris amazing about food - he also helped us out with a ton of other things. We got most all of our rentals through him. He has some beautiful farm tables, as well as some big wine barrel cocktail tables that we used outside. We also rented a few bars to bring into the venue which were very cool. All plates, linens, glassware, and silverware were also secured through him so he really is a one stop shop - score!

As if great food and great rentals weren't enough, Chris and his team also provided amazing service. They set up all the tables and place settings for the event, manned the bar, served 27 tables family style, passed appetizers during cocktail hours, and smiled the whole time. I really felt like the whole team were more guests at my wedding because there were all so nice and pleasant.

It's clear that the folks at Smokin Willy know their way around a grill AND a wedding. 10/10 would recommend.

Smokin Willy 2
    Smokin Willy 3
    Smokin Willy 4
  • Jane

Jane · Married on 05/26/2018

great food and great staff!

the lead caterer was excellent to work with and the staff worked very hard and everyone was pleased with the quality and amount of food. the staff took care of everything and we did not have to worry about a thing!

Molly · Married on 04/27/2018

My wedding day was completely stress free thanks to this amazing team! I have gotten so many compliments from the guests at our wedding. They continue to tell us how amazing the food and service were! Cris and his team made sure that every small final detail we wanted was accommodated for and we could not have been more happy.

Peggy · Married on 04/14/2018

Chris and his team did an excellent job with our wedding. The food was excellent and the service was fantastic. I would highly recommend Smokin Willy!

Anna · Married on 11/18/2017

I cannot say enough good things about Cris and the whole Smokin Willy team. From our tasting with them we knew Smokin Willy was the right vendor for us--the food was simple, good, and an incredible value. They catered both our rehearsal dinner and reception, and both went off without a hitch, despite the fact that rain meant some last minute changes to the set up of our cocktail hour. Cris was incredibly responsive, answering my (many!) emails and (lots and lots) of questions, and the entire staff was friendly, cheerful, attentive and courteous to our guests. He worked with us to create a menu that accommodated our many vegan, vegetarian and gluten-free guests (including letting us bring our own veggie burgers to put on the grill for vegetarian bridesmaids!) and the food at the reception was even better than it was at the tasting. I would recommend Smokin Willy to anyone looking for excellent service and delicious food.

Julia · Married on 11/04/2017

It was a pleasure working with Cris and team for our 11/04/2017 wedding. Cris was very accommodating of various menu and rental changes, and even made a special meal for kids. Cris and his staff were extremely professional and took care of everything we requested. We wanted to have a family-style meal to go with our barn wedding, and everything worked out great. We received many compliments on the food and hardly had any leftovers! I highly recommend the brisket and corn bread. Also huge thank you to Cris and his staff for cooking in the rain!

Sheri · Married on 10/28/2017

Wow! We were SO impressed by Smoking Willys. Their food was excellent and we were so pleased by the level of service they offered during the reception. They went above and beyond to make sure everything was just right. Their food is delicious and their prices are very fair. I could not be more pleased with their professionalism and our experience from start to finish.

Nicole · Married on 10/22/2017

We used Smokin Willy for our barn wedding. Chris was our lead and he was fantastic. First off let me say they came highly recommend by a few venues we went to go visit. Our first tasting was with Smokin Willy and our decision was super easy. We actually canceled the rest of our tastings after we left this one. The benefit is that the cook onsite!! Guess what that means....your food doesn’t get cold. Seriously, the food was amazing and everyone at our wedding couldn’t stop talking about how good it was! I highly recommend Smokin Willy for your wedding!!!

Smokin Willy 5
  • Andrea

Andrea · Married on 10/21/2017

I used Smokin Willy for our October 21, 2017 wedding. Smokin Willy was recommended to us by our venue Briar Patch Bed & Breakfast Inn in Middleburg, VA. It was the only caterer we considered (seriously we did not interview any others or do any other tastings). We love BBQ and after reading reviews online, we knew we had found the right place. The staff at Smokin Willy is very friendly and professional. They answered our emails very promptly and were very accommodating to our requests to take things on and off our catering list throughout the year. If you worry about not having enough food for your wedding, you most certainly WILL NOT have that worry with Smokin Willy. With our 120 guests, we were able to feed them and stuff them silly with all the meats and sides we had. Our guests were raving about the food, some even saying they’d drive the 4 hours from Virginia Beach, VA just to eat at their location in Purcellville, VA. The top guest favorite meat was their pulled-pork and the top side was their mac & cheese (with their cornbread coming in a close second)! While I don’t mind plated dinners, I find them boring with their predictable beef, chicken, or fish options. Smokin Willy’s is a great alternative that offers freshly cooked food onsite, while still being chic enough for a wedding presentation. Our lovely on-site lead Cheryl was very efficient and attentive to the guests and our needs. They worked really well with our venue to pull off one heck of a reception! I cannot begin to say how wonderful they are and that any bride should seriously consider this amazing caterer for their future nuptials!!!

Katherine · Married on 10/21/2017

We had Smokin Willy cater for our rustic October wedding and they were absolutely perfect! Our tasting went really well and the staff was able to recommend great choices for us. We were assigned an event manager(Cris V.) who was so responsive, answered all of our questions, and was calm and flexible throughout the entire process. On our wedding day, the staff managed everything with ease, and the food was outstanding! We still get compliments from guests on how much they loved it! We also did table/chair/linen rentals through them which worked out really well. Smokin Willy made our big day wonderful, and you will be so happy choosing them for your big day too!

Julie · Married on 10/13/2017

Our wedding was theme was rustic elegance and we both nice BBQ and had heard great things about Smokin’ Willy and they lived up to those reviews. From the moment we sat down with Chris at the tasting through picking up our extra alcohol, Chris and his crew were amazing! Very professional, extremely nice and oh so patient with all the changes I made along the way! The food was amazing and all our guests raved about how delicious it was. I can’t say enough good things about them and highly recommend them!! Will definitely use them again!

• Lisa

Lisa · Married on 10/07/2017

What can I say about Smokin Willy that no one else has said that has had the same unbelievable experience that we did at our wedding. We choose Smokin Willy because we knew the food was good but hiring them to cater our wedding was top notch the best thing we could have ever done. From start to finish, their hospitality, knowledge, experience, and exceptional timely service made our family, friends and guests future customers of their facility. People could not stop talking about how good the food was and the fall off the bone ribs were out of this world! Chris and his team really went above and beyond to make everyone happy. We now call ourselves regulars of Smokin Willy as we frequently eat there and my husband proudly wears the chef jacket given to him by the staff! Thank you for the memories!

Smokin Willy 6
  • Abie

Abie · Married on 09/16/2017

Smokin' Willy catered our wedding and we cannot stop raving about how awesome they were! The food was fantastic, the servers were friendly and professional. We worked with Ashley before the wedding - she was responsive and accommodating to all our needs. Our wedding was DIY-inspired - Ashley and her team made our vision a reality. Chris even packed the leftovers for us but we are still craving for more cheeseburger sliders, fried chicken, and mashed potatoes. Thanks again Smokin' Willy, you guys rock!!! xo Abie and Walker

Kim · Married on 09/09/2017

Loved working with the team at Smokin Willy for our Sept 2017 wedding! Going in we knew we wanted "fancy BBQ" for wedding, and after a few taste tests decided Smokin Willy was by far the best! Not only was their food great, but the were super accommodating with any changes or questions we had. Additionally the on site team made the event flow seamlessly! BOOK SMOKIN WILLY FOR YOUR WEDDING, YOU WON'T REGRET IT! (and your guests will be happy about the awesome food)

Sarah · Married on 08/19/2017

Smokin Willy does not only provide delicious food, but they provide an experience! Chris and his team brought their grill and grilled with food (smoked pork and carne asada) right there on site! The smell was mouth-watering, and food was freshly cooked. The cornbread, green beans, and garlic mashed potatoes were the perfect sides. The cornbread literally melted in your mouth. We had so many compliments on the food!! The servers were kind and worked diligently. Prior to the wedding day, we could drop off everything days in advance (such as beer and liquor), which was so nice to get that out of the way! They mixed our signature drinks for us, and provided all dispensers. We are so glad we decided on Smokin Willy for our wedding!

• Stephanie

Stephanie · Married on 06/17/2017

Smoking Willy's knows what they are doing! After communicating for months (up until the week of the wedding) and visiting the store a couple times, they did a wonderful job putting everything together and making our big day go smoothly. The variety of food choices were all great and their service was exceptional. Great company and would recommend to ANYONE!

Meagan · Married on 06/03/2017

Working with Smokin Willy for my wedding caterer was by far the best decision I made in planning. I used them for almost everything - tent, rentals, catering - and they went beyond for each and every aspect. Everything was super professional, the food was delicious, and the logistics went off without a hitch. If you want bbq - they are the way to go - and it doesn't hurt that their prices are really reasonable and the people were really just lovely to work with. Everything was a dream.

Jessica · Married on 05/27/2017

I am SO thankful that we chose Smokin Willy. Chris and his team are THE ABSOLUTE BEST. They go above and beyond! You expect a caterer to provide great food and reliable services, sure, but do you also expect them to volunteer to decorate your tables, move flower arrangements from your ceremony to your reception, or use a leaf blower to dry a lawn because it rained just prior to your cocktail hour?! I certainly didn't but Smokin Willy had no limits when it came to serving us. They wanted to help in any and every way possible and they gave me the greatest gift of all... peace of mind on my wedding day! I felt like I could trust them from the start 100% and I was right! Not only were they doing amazing things behind the scenes but my guests all raved about our food so they truly covered all the bases (even the ones you might not think of). I cannot thank Chris (the owner) and his team at Smokin Willy enough and I can guarantee you will feel the exact same way if you make the very wise decision to work with them too.