32 Reviews for Sixty State Place

Chairs (3)
Lighting/Sound (2)
Event Rentals (1)
27 Sixty State Place Reviews

I've been involved in wedding and event catering for decades. But, when it came time to host my daughters wedding and reception, I was no different than an uninitiated Father of the Bride. "Nothing is too good for my little girl!" After visiting many upper echelon venues in the Saratoga to Albany area, we all instantly fell in love with 60 State Place. You can find cheaper, I'm sure. but we were looking for perfect, and this was it. The main room features gleaming white marble walls stretching to a height of 3 stories, a black tile floor that was very danceable, and two 'bubble walls' that add pizzaz to the overall effect. The venue provided a nice selection of tables and the chairs were actual furniture - wood and cloth upholstery that was both elegant and comfortable. Downstairs in the Vault Room is a series of smaller connected rooms that made for a unique mingling space including a secret hideaway room for the bridal party to hang in private. They have a large Ready Room for the Bride and girls to prepare for the wedding ceremony. Every time we visited, the entire venue was sparklingly gleaming clean especially the kitchen and bathrooms. Monica and staff were very responsive and accommodating. 60 State place was one of our better decisions amongst our wedding plans.

Profile Picture John, 9/9/17, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

Sixty state place fulfilled my dream for a wedding venue! The space is gorgeous, specifically the marble walls and unique cocktail space in the vault. I could not have been happier with my venue choice!
Monica was delightful and so easy to work with and accommodating.

I cannot say enough about the beauty of this space; highly recommended!

Profile Picture Rachael, 5/27/17, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

I got married at 60 State on 1/13/17 and it couldn't have been more perfect!! Monica and Marge made sure everything ran smoothly, if there were any hiccups I still haven't heard of them. They went above and beyond creating several uplighting options for us to choose from and even tying my husbands bow tie for him. The preferred vendors are also amazing, I didn't get nervous or stressed about anything because I knew we were in such great hands!! I'd recommend this absolutely stunning venue to anyone and everyone for any event!

Profile Picture Caitlyn, 1/13/17, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

We fell in love with this venue the first time we went to look at it and we couldn't have asked for a more beautiful venue. We have been stationed in South Korea for 2 years and the staff at Sixty State were so helpful to us as we tried to plan our wedding from around the world. The staff was very flexible and accommodating to our needs and if we could go back and do it all over again we woulcnt change a single thing. Thank you SO much sixty state for such an amazing experience and making our wedding day exactly what we wanted it to be.

Profile Picture Catherine, 12/31/16, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Indoor, Chairs

The team at sixty state street is top-notch. Several guests stated they had never been to such a beautiful, unique venue like this one. Monica Hurry, the event sales manager, made the planning experience effortless.

Profile Picture Lisabeth, 12/3/16, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We just had our wedding at Sixty State Place on 11/12/16. This venue and the team that run it are INCREDIBLE. If you're looking for a unique venue that offers class, elegance, and will keep your guests talking for days after, choose Sixty State Place. If you're looking for an attentive, enthusiastic, flexible, professional team, choose Sixty State Place. We couldn't be happier with our decision to choose Sixty State Place and we HIGHLY recommend it.

Profile Picture Gilli, 11/12/16, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Our wedding was Friday night and it was hands down the best night of our lives. The venue was perfect & everyone has been commenting on how unique and beautiful it was. Nadine was so helpful with organizing our ceremony and reception. She put our minds at ease and did such an amazing job organizing all aspects of the wedding. Monica & Nadine were easy to contact and responded to calls or emails very promptly. I would highly recommend this venue for your wedding! Thank you so much!!

Profile Picture Nicole, 10/7/16, 8 Reviews
Services Used: Chairs, Indoor, Lighting/Sound

Sixty State Place is absolutely gorgeous! The first time my husband and I walked in, we knew this was it. Every single one of our guests commented on how amazing this venue was. Nadine did an amazing job making sure our day was perfect.

Profile Picture anna, 7/16/16, 1 Review
Services Used: Chairs, Indoor, Lighting/Sound

This is a one of a king type of venue. It is absolutely stunning!

Profile Picture Joa, 6/18/16, 3 Reviews
Services Used: Event Rentals

Gorgeous space it speaks to you as soon as you walk in the door!! Vaults safe deposit boxes pennies on the bathroom floors AMAZING!!!'

Profile Picture Lynnette, 10/16/15, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

From the moment my finance and I walked int to Sixty State Place, we were sold. The building needs no salesman, no convincing. Truly stunning! The Vault, downstairs, if perfect for a cocktail hour space. We hosted our ceremony, cocktail hour and reception all at Sixty State Place, and our guests loved the convenience of it all!

Deanna is incredible. Her attention to detail, knowledge of the building and surrounding hotels, and relationships with other vendors is what made our wedding so easy, and not many brides can say that! She was truly remarkable, and my day was flawless because of her.

Downtown Albany Brides that are still looking for a venue, this place is a must-see!

Profile Picture Melissa, 3/7/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Stunning wedding venue. The food was delicious , and the staff was so nice and personable.

Profile Picture Nicole, 1/23/15, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

What an amazing and absolutely beautiful venue - we are beyond happy with having our wedding at Sixty State! Every step of the way was timely and seamless. To top it all off, they have a wonderful planner Deanna that goes above and beyond to make your night incredibly special and problem-free. Working with her not only kept the bride sane, but got the groom excited for getting married, AND the guests LOVED the gorgeous atmosphere!! The venue and the service was incredible - dream come true!!!

Profile Picture Nicole, 11/15/14, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

This is a first class venue and Deanna is the best!

Profile Picture David, 10/31/14, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Sixty State Place was the perfect venue for us! The building itself is beautiful - they paid so much attention to detail. Every single one of our guests commented on how gorgeous the space was. In addition, Deanna at 60 is so easy to work with. She answers any questions in a timely manner and offers suggestions and input when necessary. She was on site for our entire reception making sure everything went smoothly. We love 60 State!

Profile Picture Kate + Danny, 10/18/14, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

When my husband and I got engaged we stumbled upon Sixty State in an online search. Once we went to look at it we were sold, and booked right on the spot. It was the only venue we looked at. We had both our ceremony and reception at Sixty State. The building is so unique. While the ballroom is beyond beautiful, some of the greatest features are downstairs including the vault. Even the bathrooms in Sixty State our amazing, they really thought of every detail. We were able to have a beautiful ceremony, awesome cocktail hour and a quick room change over for the reception. Deanna Stack was such a pleasure to work with. I had visions, and she went above and beyond to make sure they were exactly what I wanted. She genuinely cared about us enjoying our wedding day. Deanna has the ability to be so sweet and kind, but get things accomplished as well. She was able to make the details of my wedding a breeze. I loved working with her, and the rest of the Sixty State team. I would recommend this for all events, including a wedding.

Profile Picture Ashleigh, 7/26/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We just had our wedding last night at Sixty State Place, the venue was amazing!! We originally booked with Melissa when the venue was being built and she came to help out on our wedding day as well and did a great job for us. Deanna was our head coordinator for planning and she shined for us and made our day super special, she worked around all of our needs and wants, while keeping up with a large wedding party!, she was super patient with guests, the bride and our family and did an amazing job of organizing for us. The venue is super nice and unique, we had our rehearsal dinner on friday night there as well. The ceremony took place in the main ball room, we then moved downstairs to the vault area for a super unique cocktail hour. We then went back to the main ball room for our reception and the place looked amazing. We had our wedding and rehearsal dinner catered by Birch Hill, they did an awesome job of setting up, and flipping the room while also having amazing food, and there was tons of it!! We partied all night long to the early morning hours and had a blast!! Sixty State Place provides such a great spot for unique picture opportunities being right in downtown Albany and then inside the venue as well. We couldn't have asked for a better venue and wedding night!! Sixty State Place rocked!! Thank you so much!!!

Profile Picture jim and tia, 7/12/14, 8 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The service was not only professional, but also very kind and attentive. Their professionalism made our wedding a very smooth event and actually they helped us to coordinate and even plan things we didn't consider. One of the best experiences I have had with any vendor. I highly recommend them.

Profile Picture Edgar, 6/21/14, 1 Review
4.1

The staff was wonderful and the space beautiful. The air conditioning needed adjustment . Got hot for cocktails in the lower space. Guests were awed by the building and the worked that went in the renovations.

Profile Picture User4229123, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

This venue is amazing! We could of not been happier! It accommodated our 180 guests perfectly.
Deanna you were great to work with!! Thank you so much for everything!

Profile Picture Jackie & Erik, 6/7/14, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Our memorial day wedding was AMAZING!!! We looked at tons of venues in the area and when we walked into 60 State Place we knew it was the place we wanted to get married. It's gorgeous! It had everything we were looking for - a fun new place that had a combination of modern and vintage details and located in downtown Albany. It has marble walls, an extraordinary vault, gorgeous lighting and tons of other little details that you have to see for yourself. Then we met the staff...and we were completely sold!!! Amanda and Deanna were both so great to work with. They always answered our questions and emails in a timely fashion (and trust me we had TONS of them) and from day one we felt confident that they understood the vision we had for our wedding day and would be able to make it happen! Planning a wedding is STRESSFUL but planning a wedding with the coordinators at Sixty State Place made it FUN and EASY. They always had time for us and we were able to visit the venue several times before our wedding day to discuss setup, layout and decor. We can't say enough wonderful things about this venue and the staff!

Profile Picture lauren , 5/25/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Wedding Planning

Everything was perfect, would tell anyone and everyone to have their events there

Profile Picture Tara, 5/17/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Deanna Stack and the whole Sixty State family went above and beyond to ensure that we had an amazing wedding day. Days before the event there was an issue with our caterer and Deanna was on it immediately making sure that one I wasn't a stressed out bride and two that the issue was addressed right away. Whenever I had any questions or concerns she would make it a priority to get in contact with me. She carried herself with such professionalism and was a pleasure to work with. Deanna is a great asset to Sixty State and I couldn't of got through a stressful wedding day without her always checking on me to see if I needed anything or if there was anything I needed done. She is a great asset to the Sixty State family. Thank you Deanna and Sixty State for making sure we had a beautiful day!!

Profile Picture Mandy, 5/9/14, 3 Reviews
4.2

60 State Place is an amazing venue to create a truly spectacular and unique wedding. The multiple spaces helped the wedding event to "flow" smoothly. The fully renovated "old world bank" is breathtaking. Thank you Deanna for your personal efforts behind the scenes helping our caterer, Birch Hill, orchestrate a dream wedding for our daughter. I only wish the business side of dealing with the venue's management was more flexible and accommodating in ways that all other catering halls routinely are. They have some learning to do in regard to managing this type of rental space.
I advise potential clients to read the fine print in the rental contract.

Profile Picture Steve, 5/4/14, 4 Reviews
3.4

They seemed to have some odd rules and asked for information that wasn't relevant to them, only the caterer. They added a layer of complexity at times that was unnecessary.

Profile Picture Alyssa, 5/4/14, 1 Review