Sixty State Place Reviews

35 | Albany, NY

35 Reviews for Sixty State Place

Katelyn · Married on 07/20/2019

It doesn’t get any better

Where to begin? Ruggerios catered our wedding at the Mansion at Cedar Hill in Selkirk. We can’t express how grateful we were for Joe and his crew. Not only are they all around great people, they are super easy to work with. The food- OUTSTANDING. We go to their shop in Guilderland frequently so we already knew they make quality food- however, they took it to another level. It has been over a week since our wedding and we are still getting phone calls and messages raving about how great the food was. Our venue did not provide a kitchen or even a kitchen space, yet Ruggerios still provided fresh, hot food for us and our 100 guests. Their catering staff and bartenders were so friendly and accommodating. We can’t recommend Ruggerios enough! THANK YOU JOE!

Sent on 07/29/2019

Jennifer · Married on 08/18/2018

I HIGHLY recommend having your wedding at Sixty State Place! Joe and his staff exceeded our expectations and made our special day perfect. They are professional and personable. It was a calm, enjoyable experience for my husband and myself. The elegance of the ballroom was stunning. Cocktail hour is still being spoke highly by all of our guests. Plus the pictures that you and your significant other can get of the actual venue itself are timeless! This will forever be a day that my husband and I will never forget. Thank you again for everything!!

Sent on 08/20/2018

Rachael · Married on 05/27/2017

Sixty state place fulfilled my dream for a wedding venue! The space is gorgeous, specifically the marble walls and unique cocktail space in the vault. I could not have been happier with my venue choice!
    Monica was delightful and so easy to work with and accommodating.

I cannot say enough about the beauty of this space; highly recommended!

Sent on 06/05/2017
  • Catlady11317

Caitlyn · Married on 01/13/2017

I got married at 60 State on 1/13/17 and it couldn't have been more perfect!! Monica and Marge made sure everything ran smoothly, if there were any hiccups I still haven't heard of them. They went above and beyond creating several uplighting options for us to choose from and even tying my husbands bow tie for him. The preferred vendors are also amazing, I didn't get nervous or stressed about anything because I knew we were in such great hands!! I'd recommend this absolutely stunning venue to anyone and everyone for any event!

Sent on 01/17/2017

The team at sixty state street is top-notch. Several guests stated they had never been to such a beautiful, unique venue like this one. Monica Hurry, the event sales manager, made the planning experience effortless.

Sent on 12/19/2016

Gilli · Married on 11/12/2016

We just had our wedding at Sixty State Place on 11/12/16. This venue and the team that run it are INCREDIBLE. If you're looking for a unique venue that offers class, elegance, and will keep your guests talking for days after, choose Sixty State Place. If you're looking for an attentive, enthusiastic, flexible, professional team, choose Sixty State Place. We couldn't be happier with our decision to choose Sixty State Place and we HIGHLY recommend it.

Sent on 11/15/2016

Nicole · Married on 10/07/2016

Our wedding was Friday night and it was hands down the best night of our lives. The venue was perfect & everyone has been commenting on how unique and beautiful it was. Nadine was so helpful with organizing our ceremony and reception. She put our minds at ease and did such an amazing job organizing all aspects of the wedding. Monica & Nadine were easy to contact and responded to calls or emails very promptly. I would highly recommend this venue for your wedding! Thank you so much!!

Sent on 10/11/2016

anna · Married on 07/16/2016

Sixty State Place is absolutely gorgeous! The first time my husband and I walked in, we knew this was it. Every single one of our guests commented on how amazing this venue was. Nadine did an amazing job making sure our day was perfect.

Sent on 11/14/2016

Joa · Married on 06/18/2016

This is a one of a king type of venue. It is absolutely stunning!

Sent on 07/01/2016
  • Jahmelswife

Lynnette · Married on 10/16/2015

Gorgeous space it speaks to you as soon as you walk in the door!! Vaults safe deposit boxes pennies on the bathroom floors AMAZING!!!'

Sent on 05/03/2015

Melissa · Married on 03/07/2015

From the moment my finance and I walked int to Sixty State Place, we were sold. The building needs no salesman, no convincing. Truly stunning! The Vault, downstairs, if perfect for a cocktail hour space. We hosted our ceremony, cocktail hour and reception all at Sixty State Place, and our guests loved the convenience of it all!

Deanna is incredible. Her attention to detail, knowledge of the building and surrounding hotels, and relationships with other vendors is what made our wedding so easy, and not many brides can say that! She was truly remarkable, and my day was flawless because of her.

Downtown Albany Brides that are still looking for a venue, this place is a must-see!

Sent on 03/03/2015

Nicole · Married on 11/15/2014

What an amazing and absolutely beautiful venue - we are beyond happy with having our wedding at Sixty State! Every step of the way was timely and seamless. To top it all off, they have a wonderful planner Deanna that goes above and beyond to make your night incredibly special and problem-free. Working with her not only kept the bride sane, but got the groom excited for getting married, AND the guests LOVED the gorgeous atmosphere!! The venue and the service was incredible - dream come true!!!

Sent on 12/17/2014

David · Married on 10/31/2014

This is a first class venue and Deanna is the best!

Sent on 11/16/2014

Kate + Danny · Married on 10/18/2014

Sixty State Place was the perfect venue for us! The building itself is beautiful - they paid so much attention to detail. Every single one of our guests commented on how gorgeous the space was. In addition, Deanna at 60 is so easy to work with. She answers any questions in a timely manner and offers suggestions and input when necessary. She was on site for our entire reception making sure everything went smoothly. We love 60 State!

Sent on 11/21/2014

Ashleigh · Married on 07/26/2014

When my husband and I got engaged we stumbled upon Sixty State in an online search. Once we went to look at it we were sold, and booked right on the spot. It was the only venue we looked at. We had both our ceremony and reception at Sixty State. The building is so unique. While the ballroom is beyond beautiful, some of the greatest features are downstairs including the vault. Even the bathrooms in Sixty State our amazing, they really thought of every detail. We were able to have a beautiful ceremony, awesome cocktail hour and a quick room change over for the reception. Deanna Stack was such a pleasure to work with. I had visions, and she went above and beyond to make sure they were exactly what I wanted. She genuinely cared about us enjoying our wedding day. Deanna has the ability to be so sweet and kind, but get things accomplished as well. She was able to make the details of my wedding a breeze. I loved working with her, and the rest of the Sixty State team. I would recommend this for all events, including a wedding.

Sent on 08/12/2014

Edgar · Married on 06/21/2014

The service was not only professional, but also very kind and attentive. Their professionalism made our wedding a very smooth event and actually they helped us to coordinate and even plan things we didn't consider. One of the best experiences I have had with any vendor. I highly recommend them.

Sent on 06/24/2014

This venue is amazing! We could of not been happier! It accommodated our 180 guests perfectly.
    Deanna you were great to work with!! Thank you so much for everything!

Sent on 07/29/2014

lauren · Married on 05/25/2014

Our memorial day wedding was AMAZING!!! We looked at tons of venues in the area and when we walked into 60 State Place we knew it was the place we wanted to get married. It's gorgeous! It had everything we were looking for - a fun new place that had a combination of modern and vintage details and located in downtown Albany. It has marble walls, an extraordinary vault, gorgeous lighting and tons of other little details that you have to see for yourself. Then we met the staff...and we were completely sold!!! Amanda and Deanna were both so great to work with. They always answered our questions and emails in a timely fashion (and trust me we had TONS of them) and from day one we felt confident that they understood the vision we had for our wedding day and would be able to make it happen! Planning a wedding is STRESSFUL but planning a wedding with the coordinators at Sixty State Place made it FUN and EASY. They always had time for us and we were able to visit the venue several times before our wedding day to discuss setup, layout and decor. We can't say enough wonderful things about this venue and the staff!

Sent on 07/01/2014

Tara · Married on 05/17/2014

Everything was perfect, would tell anyone and everyone to have their events there

Sent on 07/05/2014

Marquita · event on 05/12/2014

We were impressed by the staff at Sixty State Street in assisting us with our best Annual Meeting ever! From setting up major (and minor) details – to taking the initiative to call the manufacturer of the projector to ensure that it worked properly – and bringing it all together to create a smooth meeting, everyone we interacted with at the venue remained calm, had answers and worked well as a team to get the job done.

Well done? It was perfect! Thanks for making it a fun night for our guest and for us.

Sent on 05/20/2014

Mandy · Married on 05/09/2014

Deanna Stack and the whole Sixty State family went above and beyond to ensure that we had an amazing wedding day. Days before the event there was an issue with our caterer and Deanna was on it immediately making sure that one I wasn't a stressed out bride and two that the issue was addressed right away. Whenever I had any questions or concerns she would make it a priority to get in contact with me. She carried herself with such professionalism and was a pleasure to work with. Deanna is a great asset to Sixty State and I couldn't of got through a stressful wedding day without her always checking on me to see if I needed anything or if there was anything I needed done. She is a great asset to the Sixty State family. Thank you Deanna and Sixty State for making sure we had a beautiful day!!

Sent on 06/04/2014
  • F

Felix · Married on 05/03/2014

Deanna was awesome, she helped coordinate everything from the set-up to the tear down. She had a lot of knowledge of the space and everything was thoughtfully done! Not to mention how much the entire space impressed us and all our guests, wouldn't change a thing... Great job!

Sent on 05/07/2014

Melanie · event on 05/02/2014

The space is beautiful and Deanna was very helpful.

Sent on 05/18/2014
  • User4061229 · event on 03/11/2014

The venue was beautiful and the staff was outstanding!

Sent on 04/25/2014