Six Star Events LLC Reviews

51 | Winchester, VA

51 Reviews for Six Star Events LLC

• Tina

Tina Behnke Spencer · Getting married on 04/09/2021

One of the BEST wedding caterers

Choosing Kim and the Six Star team as your caterer is one of the best decisions you can make! Your food service will be flawless and delicious. We have worked with the Six Star team for many weddings and from a vendor perspective, I can tell you they have a hard-earned reputation of delivery for each and every couple. There will always be little things that don't go quite right at an event but the couple will never know, Kim is THAT good! Choose Six Star and let Kim work her magic!

Sent on 10/04/2019
  • Lauri

Lauri Bridgeforth · Married on 09/28/2019

Flawless Food Served by True Professionals

Kim James and her professional, well-trained Six Star team were so easy to work with while planning our daughter's wedding. When planning a once-in-a-lifetime event, catering is everything. I got to be a guest at our event, because her team had everything handled, from the floor plan for the tent, food choices and preparation to presentation and cleanup, these folks are the ultimate experienced professionals that you want on your team of wedding vendors. As the Mother of the Bride, I will be forever grateful to this fabulous team for allowing me the freedom to focus on my family that day.

Sent on 10/04/2019
  • Abigail

Abigail · Married on 08/31/2019

Absolutely perfect

Kim and her team are amazing! they are very hands on and go above and beyond what is needed! EVERYONE raved about it being the best wedding food they have ever had! Kim is very knowledgeable and comes up with great ideas to help make the day special! Please do yourself a favor and book them! it will be the best choice you could ever make!

Sent on 09/09/2019
  • Hannah

Hannah Berge · Married on 05/10/2019

The TOP Choice in the Shenandoah Valley

I hired Six Star Events for my October 5th wedding -- Not only were the staff so professional that everything was taken care of without it being painfully apparent that things were being taken care of (if you've witnessed wait staff slowly and painstakingly clearing dishes, you know what I mean), the food was SO GOOD! I had a wonderful Antipasti Station with a plethora of gourmet, select cheeses, cured meats, marinated vegetables, housemade pickled tri-colored carrots, a variety of gourmet breads... YUM. Everyone was impressed. I also chose to have BBQ fare because everyone loves barbecue...and love it they did. I had Korean BBQ Chicken that was moist and flavorful; traditional Country-Style Green Beans; rich and creamy Scalloped Potatoes, and housemade purple cabbage Coleslaw. I can't say enough about the food and the service. I also want to add that Kim kept me on track for when I needed to be places--from hands-off on the decor setup (because I chose to do handle some wedding decor on my own) to walking down the aisle with my mom. She checked on me all night, too, to make sure I had what I needed. Kim knows what she's doing--trust her

Sent on 10/08/2019

Janet Gilmartin · Married on 11/03/2018

Perfection in Catering and Personnel

Kim James and her family (that’s what they are) a family that just happens to cater amazing events. The food was amazing from the meatballs, cheese platter (the blue cheese just melted in my mouth) to the chicken and steak! The main dishes were wonderful, the chicken tender and juicy, and the steak was seasoned and cooked perfectly! The mash potatoes and mac and cheese, I’ve heard from everyone that it was the best! These were a special request from the Bride – who also love them! Some of the young adult guest were a bit confused about the green beans – they were what I call elevated green beans - vinaigrette, so tasty and crisp – they were perfect. The bartenders were great handling a crowd of over 200, and two-thirds of them were “Irish”, and enjoy a few drinks. No one wanted for anything, it was a buffet, but they took the time to bring not only to the Bride and Groom, but to my father, his friend and other guests so they wouldn’t have to get in the line. My daughter’s wedding wouldn’t have been the same with any other caterer, I personally as well as all my guests highly “recommend” Kim James and her family to cater their events. I know they are my one and only cater on my list for future events. Thanks again Kim (Six Star Event, LLC, Winchester, VA)

Sent on 11/14/2018

Gail · Married on 05/26/2018

Kim James and her staff are amazing! Every attention to detail was considered. Six Star events did our daughter’s wedding and the people were still talking about the food 13 years later. So when daughter #3 was getting married we knew Kim was our caterer. Such a sweet and kind patient person and was willing to work with all budget and other issues of having a wedding at home. Her food displays and setting the table as the bride had envisioned were beautiful . She covered the faux pas of the florists using dollar store candles instead of dipoles ( not even going to mention their names) She grilled Garlic rosemary flank steak on site which totally sold my husband. He was typical George Banks father of the bride first time but this time he relaxed and knew he was in good hands and that Kim was worth every penny spent. Can’t say enough good things about her. I would highly recommend Six Star Events. Just love Kim James and her staff.

Sent on 06/13/2018
  • Megan

Megan · Married on 09/23/2017

I don't think I can say enough about Kim and her amazing team. The food was impeccable, the service the day of was extraordinary, and without her instrumental help during the planning I would have had no idea which end was up and surely would have forgotten something major in the planning. She cued me to think of so many things throughout the process to make sure my day was perfect and her team could help me out as best as they possibly could. Not only was she an excellent caterer but generally an excellent source to help plan and deliver the best event possible. I would not hesitate to recommend Kim and Six Star Events to someone planning a wedding or any large event for that matter. Her pricing was fair and she is easy to work with on the budget you have in mind. And honestly, my husband and I still talk about the maitre'd and how she made our entire night... never an empty drink to be had!

Sent on 01/08/2018

Alex · Married on 09/02/2017

Six Star Events came highly recommended to us for our wedding, and we chose them based on their reputation, reasonable prices, and delightful-sounding menu options. Besides taste, presentation is really important to me when it comes to food, and Six Star was able to nail exactly what I was looking for. They used fresh, colorful ingredients and were willing to incorporate fruit from my family’s orchard (and venue) into their recipes. That added a personalized touch to our meal that was much appreciated and very cool. We opted to do food “stations” as opposed to a typical sit-down meal or buffet line, and that worked really well in our venue. Kim and her staff were extremely professional and courteous…we were personally checked on multiple times throughout the night to make sure we had everything we wanted or needed. Everyone was such a pleasure to work with and the meal service progressed flawlessly. Many of our pictures were taken during cocktail hour, and they were thoughtful enough to (thankfully) bring us trays of appetizers so we didn’t miss out on any of them! All of the food was absolutely DELICIOUS, and I would happily recommend Six Star to anyone looking for a top-notch event caterer.

Sent on 09/22/2017

Elisa · Married on 04/29/2017

Kim is so great to work with and EVERYONE at our wedding said it was the best wedding food they had ever had!! The grilled flank steak with horseradish cream was absolutely superb (so good that everyone went back for seconds, and thirds!). I am in the wedding industry and wanted to DIY a lot of the day, Kim was very flexible and helped me make everything work! I highly recommend using Six Star for your catering (and Kim also provide event coordination and rentals).

Sent on 09/09/2017

Marilyn · Married on 06/25/2016

We have heard great things about Six Star Events for several years, and Kim is the first person we went to when my daughter became engaged. What we found particularly impressive about Six Star Events was Kim's creativity and patience in dealing with a venue which was completely outdoors, and had never been used before for a wedding. The layout and setup of the tent and cocktail area was ingenious. Our guests raved about the beautiful site and setup. When we ran into power issues the week before the wedding, Kim's experience and patience helped us get through the details. And, as other reviewers have mentioned, the food was outstanding; my sister-in-law, who frequently goes to weddings, said it was among the best she had tasted.

Sent on 07/10/2016

Kim and her staff were a pleasure to work with throughout the process up until the day of our wedding! My husband and I also love that Kim supports local farmers!

Kim and her staff were very responsive to emails and quick at getting us set up with a tasting and then providing a contract along with making updates to the menu.

My husband and I were so impressed by the quality of her food at the tasting but based on other weddings we've been to were a bit nervous about what the food was going to be like on site with a larger number of people. The day of the wedding we were blown away by the quality of the food and how well prepared it was and so were our guests!

During the cocktail hour, our photos took longer than anticipate and I was worried about missing out on the food. The Six Star staff made sure to bring the appetizers to us so we got a chance to eat before dinner!

We received so many compliments from guests about how it was the best wedding food they had ever had, and my husband and I agree!

Not only is the food amazing but Kim and her staff are also so genuine and flexible to work with. You can tell how passionate they are about their work.

We were also pleasantly surprised that the Six Star staff generously provided us with boxes of left over food to send us home with which was much appreciated!

If you are looking for excellent service and delicious food, choose Six Star!

Sent on 12/03/2015

Amy & Johann · Married on 06/15/2013

We worked with Kim James for our wedding in June and absolutely loved the whole experience. Six Star is the catering service included in the wedding package at Veramar Vineyard, where we got married. She was super flexible and willing to work with us on the colors for our linens, in every iteration we gave her. The final product was beautiful table settings, professional staff and absolutely amazing food. We only wish we could have had one of every dish they prepare :)

Sent on 11/28/2013

Rebecca · Married on 09/03/2012

Kim James & Six Star Catering were the perfect choice for my son's wedding last weekend in Middleburg. They worked hard to help us come up with a delicious menu that fit our budget (don't miss the parsnip pancakes, the penne with cream sauce and the roasted beef tenderloin — so good!), and went above and beyond on the day of the reception with attentive and very personal service. Kim was on site through the entire event to make sure everything went flawlessly, and her staff introduced themselves to the families by name and made sure we never wanted for anything. Rhiannon and Roxanne, in particular, were wonderful ... even seeking out the grandmothers to be sure they had drinks and nibbles during the cocktail hour. We can't thank you enough, Six Star!

Sent on 09/09/2012

Lindsay · Married on 05/14/2012

Kim, Sarah and the rest of the staff at Six Star were amazing. They catered our rehearsal dinner and wedding reception. I HIGHLY recommend their services.

Six Star was recommended to us by our venue, and we are ever so thankful to have found them. We communicated via email as we live out of state, and Kim was always prompt, informative and friendly. She was honest in the costs, helped me to stick to our budget and made amazing recommendations and suggestions. She is rational and flexible as well and was more than happy to help us figure out how to provide our own alcohol to save costs, and worked with a family friend to create the dessert bar for the items our family and friends baked.

I had not had the opportunity to do a tasting, and yet I wasn't even worried about how the food would taste. I trusted Kim and her staff - which is a hard thing to do. I was not disappointed. The rehearsal dinner and our wedding lunch reception was delicious. Her staff was incredibly professional, clean and quick. One of her staff, Sarah, made great suggestions to help our cake cutting and general timeline flow smoothly. We could not have been happier with the services we received.

If you are looking for amazing value, look no further, you've found it. Thank you so, so much Six Star for making our day taste delicious!

--Lindsay & Ryan

Sent on 05/27/2012

Kathleen · Married on 03/31/2012

Unbeatable prices and the tastiest food I've ever had at a wedding. The staff was unbelievable - I don't think they stopped giving 110% once. They were flexible and worked with our favors and signature items (which we provided), and even added a few extras on the day of the event. We enjoyed our leftovers with zeal!

Sent on 04/15/2012

Sarah · Married on 02/11/2012

Kim at six star was amazing, I only had about 3 months to plan my wedding and she pulled everything together wonderfully! She responded to my crazy emails at all hours of the day and night and made my vision for the perfect reception a reality! Her food is AMAZING! It was so convieniant that the event rentals and the catering were all in the same place. She even put my mother at ease about a quick wedding which was no easy task. Kim made everything so simple. I was sad that she couldn't actually be at my even because of a family thing but everything went off without a hitch anyway. The cake that they made was beautifully decorated and was the most delicious thing ever! If you want a wonderful event that is well thought out and sure to please everyone, use six star!!!!

Sent on 02/16/2012

Andrew · Married on 01/05/2012

Thank you.  I absolutely LOVED EVERYTHING about the food service and
    catering at my wedding.  Your company is fantastic, your team is
    delightful, and truly the wedding was a fantastic event for everyone
    including me because of the professionalism of your staff.  I organize
    events for a living, my work has me overseas handling the visits of folks
    like the President of the United States and other high ranking US
    officials - so I have seen events catered correctly and when it goes
    HORRIBLY wrong.

There were three aspects to your company's catering services that merit
    recognition - first you are organized and detail oriented.  That helped
    me to focus on the theme/overall feel of the event which is an excellent
    division of labor between the host and the caterer!  Second, your staff
    seem to genuinely love their work and like doing a great job.  That is
    not easy to find, you have great people and I hope our small tip conveyed
    our appreciation for the kindness and thoroughness of their efforts.
    Lastly, your team made me feel like a princess that night, checking on
    me, filling my water glass.  That level of detail is so appreciated
    particularly by an 8 month pregnant bride!  I really felt like I could
    sit back and enjoy the event instead of managing your team and that is
    fantastic.  I will always recommend you whenever the chance arises... and
    I hope it does soon.

Sent on 01/12/2012

Andrea · Married on 01/05/2012

Thank you. I absolutely LOVED EVERYTHING about the food service and catering at my wedding. Six Star is fantastic, the team is delightful, and truly the wedding was a fantastic event for everyone including me because of the professionalism of the staff. I organize events for a living, my work has me overseas handling the visits of folks like the President of the United States and other high ranking US officials - so I have seen events catered correctly and when it goes HORRIBLY wrong.

There were three aspects to Six Star's catering services that merit recognition - first the team is organized and detail oriented. That helped me to focus on the theme/overall feel of the event which is an excellent division of labor between the host and the caterer! Second, the staff seem to genuinely love their work and like doing a great job. That is not easy to find, Six Star has great people. Lastly, the team made me (the bride) feel like a princess that night, checking on me, filling my water glass. That level of detail is so appreciated particularly by an 8 month pregnant bride! I really felt like I could sit back and enjoy the event instead of manage your team and that is fantastic. I will always recommend you whenever the chance arises... and I hope it does soon.

Sent on 01/23/2012
  • Heather

Heather · Married on 10/22/2011

I would never have had my wedding at the venue I chose had it not been for Kim James. I was very nervous about having the wedding there without at least a day-of coordinator, but when you hire Six Star Catering, you get Kim James as a wedding planner. Kim put me at ease as soon as I met with her. Kim is very nice, always answered my emails incredibly quickly, and is very well-organized. She handled all the rentals for my wedding, including the tent. Kim also has a genuine enthusiasm for event planning; she seemed almost as excited about my wedding as I was, and I really appreciated that. In addition to the phenomenal Kim, the food that Six Star Catering prepared was delicious. I received so many compliments from guests, and they all wanted seconds. I highly recommend Six Star Catering to any bride!

Sent on 01/10/2012

Angela · Married on 10/15/2011

Six Star was a great company to work with. Kim was very creative, and was able to pull off a fantastic spread on our budget. The staff they brought was very friendly as well! Kim recommended a carrot cake that I'm still hearing about how tasty it was! They even set up a welcome bar for guests arriving. Everything was great! Thanks Six Star!!!!

Sent on 10/24/2011

Kristen · Married on 09/17/2011

Kim and her team were amazing from the very beginning! I must have sent a dozen emails the last week and she answered them all - she did such an amazing job organizing everything and our wedding turned out great because of it. The staff at our wedding was friendly and professional and the food was absolutely fantastic. We are still loving our leftovers!! Highly highly recommend, they make all the difference!!

Sent on 09/22/2011

Megan · Married on 09/10/2011

All we can say about Six Star is WOW! From the minute we contacted Six Star, we were extremely impressed and it was a no-brainer that we had to go with them.

They are extremely responsive to your inquiries, especially via e-mail - just expect the responses later in the evening when Kim hits her computer. This worked really well for me.

They had great suggestions for creating your own menu. There are many options available for linens and you even have an option for the attire the staff wears at your event. The tasting is key to sample some of your initial selections and work in person with the team on your specific details. Kim got everything we discussed noted properly and when we received the revised contract after the menu tasting, there were no corrections we had to make. A few days before, I sent a few little detail changes and notes, and the team implemented them perfectly. The team setup our reception venue exactly as I wanted and didn't even have a lot of direction. We were so pleased! Angel worked our reception and we didn't have one complaint, ourselves or from our guests. Everything was executed flawlessly!

The buffet and bar setup worked great. (Make sure Six Star knows your venue, assuming they do, let them do their thing. Trust me, they know what works for a given space!) The food was awesome. We served the beef tenderloin, ham, scalloped potatoes, grilled vegetables, green beans, salad, bread, and did the cheesecake bar for our dessert. Every last bite (including the leftovers the day after) was delicious. Do not miss the parsnip pancakes and bacon-wrapped scallopps for horsdeourves - they are heavenly!!

The Six Star team is great to work with. Don't waste your time looking around. The closer you get to DC, the more exorbitant the pricing gets. The value and quality from Six Star is tops!!

Sent on 10/23/2011

Sarah · Married on 07/09/2011

Great food, with absolutely no mistakes! Everything went smoothly!

Sent on 07/26/2011

J and F · Married on 05/21/2011

An outstanding catering service!!! Kim, Tricia and team were/are FABULOUS!!! They are TRUE professionals. Not only with food catering but also with other aspects of a wedding - Kim is a true wedding consultant! We did NOT need (and have not used) a wedding coordinator at all. Why, when we had Six-Star Catering?!!!! We know.. they are not cheap, but would you want to gamble on your most precious day? Didn't think so... They certainly saved us lots of headaches.. Thank you SO much Kim and Tricia. Thank you to your entire team who from start to finish gave us only the best of themselves! Our gorgeous wedding pictures speak for themselves.. We will never forget you guys!

Blessings,

Jody and Fouad

Sent on 08/02/2011

Sarah · Married on 05/14/2011

I can't say enough good things about Six Star Catering & Events. Their professionalism and attention to detail are top notch. Kim is very knowledgable, patient with harried MOB's, and has an amazing staff who are very attentive; even while we were taking pictures after the ceremony they sought us out with drinks and hors d'oeuvres. The food is A M A Z I N G!! I highly recommend the "Parsnip Pancakes" and Beef Tenderloin w/ horseradish sauce. Again, Six Star is THE BEST! Thank you for everything!!!

Sent on 05/31/2011