Simply S Events Reviews

Simply S Events 1
Simply S Events 2
Simply S Events 3

David Becerra · Married on 10/13/2018

Made our wedding stress free (ok almost).

I can’t say enough about the job these two did for our wedding. We lost our original planner early on and Savannah assured us we were in good hands when we contacted her, and she was 100% right. From being available almost round the clock, to last minute meetups at Coffee Bean, she was always there and had an answer or solution to everything that came up. On the day of the wedding I literally didn’t have to think once about setting up the reception venue or making sure the vendors were where they were supposed to be. Not to mention they helped provide so much decor, especially the wonderful flower arrangements! If you want someone who will treat you like the most important couple in the world, I can’t recommend them enough, I felt like I worked with friends the entire time.

Bryce · Married on 10/06/2018

Savannah & Dan = Wedding Dream Team!

I can’t say enough good things about Simply S Events! Savannah & Dan are an incredible team that made this ‘Type A’ bride feel at peace. They truly went above and beyond. They kept our day stress free and on time. They are also some of the most giving people I know. Not only do you get amazing service when you use them but they also have an inventory of decor items available to you upon booking. They are extremely professional but at the same time make you feel like you are talking to old friends:) Hiring Simply S Events was the was the best choice I made throughout the wedding planning process.

Ashley · Married on 09/15/2018

Savannah was so AMAZING. Savannah was easy to work with, calm and collected, and made sure to keep everything running smoothly at and before our wedding. I appreciate how supportive she was as we made planning decisions, but mostly how she handled a difficult guest during the reception. Savannah kept us in the loop with what was going on, but she handled the problem with the venue so that we were able to enjoy our day. I can’t thank Savannah enough for how she kept everything together and made sure that my husband and I were able to have fun at the wedding. Savannah is the best and I would absolutely recommend her to everyone!!

Katie · Married on 08/10/2018

Savannah and her husband were a dream to work with. From our first get to know you conversation to each question I had throughout the planning process, Savannah was accessible, knowledgeable and friendly. We originally signed on for day of planning, but were so excited to find out that she did floral arrangements as well. At the last minute she was able to pull together servers and a bartender due to a last minute catering change. It was so comforting to know that our wedding day prep was in her capable hands, and when I arrived at the venue the the flowers and decor were more than I could have dreamed of. We would highly recommend Savannah and her team!

Jennifer · Married on 08/03/2018

If you want your wedding in good hands, pick Savannah and Dan. Savannah was always right on top of things and made sure that everything went along with my wedding vision. She was also very helpful in throwing out ideas and suggestions when I wasn't sure how to proceed with certain details. Plus, she's adorable and hilarious. And Dan spent less than 24 hours learning a tricky song on the guitar to play at my ceremony. They are some of the most genuine and kind people. You won't regret choosing them to coordinate your big day.

Lacey · Married on 05/12/2018

Absolutely loved our experience with Savannah and Dan. They made our day run so smoothly and she was so awesome to work with and made me feel like I had a friend on such an important day. Book Savannah and Dan you won't go wrong! She also did the flowers that were gorgeous too!

Simply S Events 4
    Simply S Events 5
    Simply S Events 6

Adriana · Married on 12/31/2017

Savannah and Dan are very professional, proactive, and have a lot to offer. They know the buisiness very well, which allowed my event to run smoothly. I do not believe we would have been able to have a great outcome without Savannah’s creativity and experience. Dan did an amazing job playing at our ceremony. Thank you for everything you guys did!

Samantha · Married on 12/16/2017

Savannah and Dan were absolutely AMAZING. They went above and beyond from the moment we met them, which was about one year before we got married . Savannah and Dan not only set up the whole venue to make it look like a fairytale, they also coordinated with all the vendors, making sure the timeline went smoothly and everything is in its proper place at the proper time. Savannah was also responsible for all the flowers, which turned out beautiful and the hair and makeup for all my bridesmaids and myself . Our wedding occurred during one of the worst times for Ventura County, during the Thomas Fire. During his time, not only were Savannah and Dan evacuated but so was most of the vendors that were working to make our wedding amazing. During this time, not once did Savannah miss a phone call, text, or email, which I’m my eyes makes her superwoman. She responded to everything we needed and genuinely seemed excited and happy to be there. SimplySEvents was amazing to work with and we couldn’t have had our fantastic wedding without them!

Kasey · Married on 12/02/2017

Savannah and her husband were wonderful and I couldn't have been happier with my decision to hire Simply S Events for my DOC. I also hired them to create my centerpieces, which were all types of tropical greenery. The centerpieces were absolutely stunning! Better than I could have imagined. Literally the day was perfect, I never got stressed, and it was so beautiful. I have no idea if there were any issues that came up on the wedding day, I just know that nothing ever came to my attention, so I was able to enjoy my day without worrying or stress. Its how it should be. You can't beat the value with Savannah and Simply S. I would highly recommend.

Brian · Married on 11/10/2017

Wow - where to begin? From the minute we started working with Simply S Events, my life got easier in terms of planning my special day. From the friendliness of their team, the effort they put in, and their genuine nature, I could not have asked for a better company to help me along this journey. A very scary journey to be quite honest! You don't fully realize every little detail that is involved when planning a wedding - it is mind boggling! So having such a supportive team around you that cares just as much as you do about your event running flawlessly, stop your searching now and go with Simply S Events.

Being the typical male and not doing a ton of the planning, I still wanted to help in other ways like making sure my wife was not too overwhelmed with the large task of planning a wedding. Anytime I would ask a question about how things were going, she would say, "Savannah (the owner) is taking care of it." Well, what about the flowers? "Savannah is taking care of that." Okay, well how are we looking with the setup for the day of? I know the venue was on the fence about a couple of our requests. "Savannah is handling that too." These were just a few of the examples, but I literally cannot speak to how instrumental Simply S Events was in making my big day run smoothly.

On the day of, they were constantly going around and making sure everything was to our liking. We even had a small problem with the venue and Savannah completely handled it so that we could enjoy our night. We had no clue there was even an issue until after our night was over! From start to finish you are always at the forefront of their minds.

Another added bonus, they have a member of their team that can play a wide variety of songs on guitar during the ceremony!

Thank you so much Simply S Events!!!!

Katie · Married on 09/16/2017

Savannah and Dan were absolutely incredible. They coordinated my wedding on September 16th and it honestly would not have come together without them. I did a ton of DIY stuff and they were able to set up, coordinate, and tear down every single detail flawlessly. I was able to enjoy every moment of my special day because of these two and I am SO SO thankful for them. I highly recommend SimplyS Events if you want a perfect wedding from start to finish!

Katie · Married on 09/16/2017

Our wedding day could not have gone any smoother without Amanda from Simply S Events. She was so organized, detailed, and efficient. She thought of everything before our big day, and rocked organizing and coordinating our wedding on the actual day. We hired her as a "day-of-coordinator" but she was available and willing to answer any questions leading up to our wedding day. She was so easy to get along with and very nice. All of our wedding party and our family appreciated her and respected her leadership and vision. She even handled some stressful situations at the wedding with ease, so that my husband and I didn't have to worry about a thing (I guess that's what you get when you mix a lot of people and an open bar ;) ) We appreciated Amanda so much, and would recommend her to all our friends and family. Simply S Events does a stellar job!

Anthony · Married on 09/09/2017

Above and beyond our expectations. This couple did so much more than was asked and made our day better than we could have ever thought. Im not sure how some one could be behind the scenes one second and then right at your side the minute you need them. They brought a small Photo Booth back drop and camera for us to use and helped with all of our vendors. We wouldn't have changed anything on our special day.

Marina · Married on 09/02/2017

What to say about Savannah? How about: she went above and beyond in every area.

We decided on the Partial Planning Package, but there was nothing "partial" about it. On our wedding day, we had no worries; everything at the venue was set up correctly, the various vendors had what they needed to do their jobs, and both she and her amazing husband Dan stayed until the very end of our wedding (1am!) to make sure everything was cleaned up.

Maybe even more importantly, Savannah probably saved us thousands of dollars. She either had everything we wanted, or figured out a cost-effective way to get it. "Oh hey, I know a local floral wholesaler. Since I know what kind of flowers you are thinking of, would you like me to buy them for you from her and set them all up?" "Oh hey, you want candles in gold-dipped votives? I happen to have made some. Would you like to use those (for free)?" "You want an arch for your ceremony site? My husband just finished building [this great] one you can use (for free) -- What kind of flowers do you want to put on it?" Everything we wanted, she made happen. She saved us so much on flowers, decorations, and favors. And as a plus, she let me ship everything I bought to her house, which was very helpful since we live far away.

Basically, she will over-deliver. Beyond her seemingly endless supply of connections, she gave us confidence that what we wanted to make happen was both possible AND a good idea. What we loved was that there wasn't a lot of "I'm the wedding planner, so I know what's best for weddings," but rather a whole lot of "what a great/fun idea, here's what I can do to help." So if you want to have the wedding that you are planning in your head, and want a planner who will actually help you make it a reality, we HIGHLY recommend the dream team that is Savannah and Dan!

kacey · Married on 07/22/2017

BEST wedding decision ever (beside marrying my husband! LOL)! Many people had told me that having a coordinator for the day of was the best choice they made at their wedding. I was a little skeptical at first about whether or not I truly needed one but after one conversation with Amanda at Simply S Events, I knew she was going to make my special day seamless and it would be worth every penny (which by they way was very reasonable). She was extremely easy to talk to and I instantly felt like I was talking to a long time friend. She did much more than "day of"...she gave me great ideas for reception places, emailed back and forth months before the wedding regarding any questions I had or advice I needed. As the big day came closer she dealt/communicated with vendors so that I didn't have to stress about anything.
    The day of my wedding ran beautifully because of her and her husband, Health. It was more than I could have asked for. She took away any stress or pressure I had from making sure everything was set up perfectly. She did it better than I probably could have imagined. I had some unpredicatble minor issues the day of and she handled them with such grace, all while making sure I didn't worry one bit!!! :)
    I have so much LOVE for Amanda and Health, as they truly made sure that my husband and I had the best day of our lives. Our families could not have been more pleased either while we had many commenting on how great and attentive they were. They even brought us our first cocktails during our family photos and drove our truck home at the end of the evening.
    Thank you Amanda and Health for everything!!!!!! :) :) :)

Nadia · Married on 07/04/2017

Wow! Savannah and Dan were incredibly amazing from day one until the very end! She helped me find my dream wedding venue and helped me save money on decor, flowers, cake and showed me several different ways to stay on budget! Savannah would be there for me emotional late at night if I was having an emotional breakdown and celebrate with me when we found something fun or cool to add to the wedding. She was worth every single penny and I truly wouldn't have had such a smooth and seamless wedding without her running behind the scenes and taking all the stress off me so I was able to enjoy the day to the fullest with my friends, family and new husband!
    From the first moment I spoke with Savannah I new she was the one to help me create my vision and help me stay on budget. She instantly had wonderful energy and gave me the confidence and excitement to keep me on track and to get started on my wedding planning to a destination wedding, on a holiday, in 9 months!

susan · Married on 07/04/2017

We chose Savannah because it was a destination wedding and we knew it was going to be hard to coordinate everything from out of town. Savannah was simply amazing. She pulled one miracle after another out of her hat which culminated in an incredible, unforgettable and uniquely perfect experience that we will cherish forever. She took care of every detail from start to finish and was an absolute joy to work with. She is worth her weight in gold!

ALYSE · Married on 06/17/2017

Simply S Events was amazing to work with. Savannah is a dream. We connected the first time we spoke over the phone. I felt at ease but still looked around as she encouraged. Ultimately Savannah was my first and only choice. My every worry addressed, concern taken care of and idea made better! She also personalized my package for our experience and budget. She is great at outside of the box ideas for cost and individuality. I give full support to her and her husband!!!! I have recommended her to all of my friends getting engaged and even friends who have companies they need event planning for. She is so professional and personable! I wish I could do everything again because she made it so easy and fun! The day of my husband, myself and our family had a great non stressful time, we spent months going over every detail so everything was a breeze! Please call her!!! I give her every endorsement possible! Alyse

Monique · Married on 03/12/2017

Wow, just Wow!! They were perfect! We had our wedding at the Santa Barbara courthouse and reception at a local hotel. They helped prepare everything! It is a stressful thing giving away so much of the planning to one person and relying on them for so much, but as soon as we met them we knew that we were in good hands! They ROCKED it! Everything was perfect! On top of that during the reception they were still finding NEW ways to alleviate stress and help out. We couldn't have been more lucky to find such amazing people who made our wedding day so wonderful! I HIGHLY recommend them and wish I could give higher than 5 stars!

Kathryn · Married on 12/09/2016

Savannah and her team are amazing! I did not meet her husband, Dan because he was sick however another team member was there to help out. Our wedding day would have not been the day it was without Savannah. Any concern I had Savannah handled it and was on it. Savannah also did my hair and make-up and did an amazing job. She calmed me down when I was a nervous wreck and reassured me that everything would be fine. I only hired Savannah for the day of and we had several phone conversations and met before hand to go over everything. THANK YOU SO MUCH SAVANNAH!

Marina · Married on 09/30/2016

Savannah and her husband Dan make a great team! My photographer recommended Savannah after working with her before and I am so glad she did. I had done most of the planning myself, but I knew I had to have a day of coordinator to take the worry and stress away on the day of and that's exactly what they did. They were able to execute my vision and take care of all the little details on the day of the wedding. Savannah also did my hair and make-up and the make-up of my bridal party, while her assistant did their hair and it all came out perfectly. Because Savannah also did my hair and make-up, having Dan there to help with the set up was perfect, and why they make such a great team! I would 100% recommend them to other brides!

We couldn't be more pleased with Savannah and Dan. They went above and beyond to make our wedding enjoyable, stress-free, and very personal. They are very easy to work with and really cared about making our day perfect. They also worked well with all of our other vendors making for a very smooth and seamless event.
    Simply S events are also very affordable and worth every penny. I'm a cheap-skate and even I will say Simply S events are a great value for all the work they do.
    Trust me when I say you will not be disappointed when you trust Savannah and Dan with your special day.

Samantha · Married on 07/23/2016

Savannah and her husband were so helpful through the whole process. We hired them as just a "day of" planner, but they ended up doing so much more for us! Savannah was always responsive to my texts/emails, and would always have the best ideas for things. For the day of, they both made sure everyone was happy, comfortable, and made the day so perfect. I would not been able to pull everything off without their help. If you are looking for an organized, responsible, and truly amazing wedding coordinator, then choose Simply S Events!

Evan · Married on 05/29/2016

The short:
    Savannah surpassed our expectations. Viki and I are thinking about getting married one more time so we can work with Savannah again!

The long:
    Savannah provided day-of wedding coordination for our wedding. Even though she was contracted for just one day, she regularly checked in with us during wedding planning to offer assistance and advice. She made time to be available over phone, email, and in person for meetings with venue representatives, other vendors, and myself and my wife. She never lost track of a single detail.

From the rehearsal to the day of she did a fantastic job. We surrendered the event to her and were able to have a blast on the biggest day of our lives. She took care of EVERYTHING: coordinating vendors, grabbing us for photo ops, keeping the event at a perfect pace, and likely solving all kinds of problems that I never even knew came up. She helped decorate, prepared my wife's bridal bouquet, and helped take everything down at the end of the night. She even dropped our things off at our Hotel Room while we were at the after party! We had no worries for the entire night and got to spend time with our guests and enjoying the moment.

I cannot recommend someone more highly. From our perspective, the event went flawlessly and we hope to have an opportunity to work with her again in the future!