18 Reviews for Simply S Events

To-Do Lists (1)
Cultural (1)
Destination (1)
18 Simply S Events Reviews

Savannah and Dan are very professional, proactive, and have a lot to offer. They know the buisiness very well, which allowed my event to run smoothly. I do not believe we would have been able to have a great outcome without Savannah’s creativity and experience. Dan did an amazing job playing at our ceremony. Thank you for everything you guys did!

Profile Picture Adriana , 12/31/17, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music, Wedding Planning
Services Used: Ceremony, Reception

Savannah and Dan were absolutely AMAZING. They went above and beyond from the moment we met them, which was about one year before we got married . Savannah and Dan not only set up the whole venue to make it look like a fairytale, they also coordinated with all the vendors, making sure the timeline went smoothly and everything is in its proper place at the proper time. Savannah was also responsible for all the flowers, which turned out beautiful and the hair and makeup for all my bridesmaids and myself . Our wedding occurred during one of the worst times for Ventura County, during the Thomas Fire. During his time, not only were Savannah and Dan evacuated but so was most of the vendors that were working to make our wedding amazing. During this time, not once did Savannah miss a phone call, text, or email, which I’m my eyes makes her superwoman. She responded to everything we needed and genuinely seemed excited and happy to be there. SimplySEvents was amazing to work with and we couldn’t have had our fantastic wedding without them!

Profile Picture Samantha, 12/16/17, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health, Flowers, Lighting & Decor, Wedding Planning

Savannah and her husband were wonderful and I couldn't have been happier with my decision to hire Simply S Events for my DOC. I also hired them to create my centerpieces, which were all types of tropical greenery. The centerpieces were absolutely stunning! Better than I could have imagined. Literally the day was perfect, I never got stressed, and it was so beautiful. I have no idea if there were any issues that came up on the wedding day, I just know that nothing ever came to my attention, so I was able to enjoy my day without worrying or stress. Its how it should be. You can't beat the value with Savannah and Simply S. I would highly recommend.

Profile Picture Kasey, 12/2/17, 4 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health, Ceremony Music, Flowers, Lighting & Decor, Wedding Planning

Savannah and Dan were absolutely incredible. They coordinated my wedding on September 16th and it honestly would not have come together without them. I did a ton of DIY stuff and they were able to set up, coordinate, and tear down every single detail flawlessly. I was able to enjoy every moment of my special day because of these two and I am SO SO thankful for them. I highly recommend SimplyS Events if you want a perfect wedding from start to finish!

Profile Picture Katie, 9/16/17, 1 Review

Above and beyond our expectations. This couple did so much more than was asked and made our day better than we could have ever thought. Im not sure how some one could be behind the scenes one second and then right at your side the minute you need them. They brought a small Photo Booth back drop and camera for us to use and helped with all of our vendors. We wouldn't have changed anything on our special day.

Profile Picture Anthony, 9/9/17, 1 Review

What to say about Savannah? How about: she went above and beyond in every area.

We decided on the Partial Planning Package, but there was nothing "partial" about it. On our wedding day, we had no worries; everything at the venue was set up correctly, the various vendors had what they needed to do their jobs, and both she and her amazing husband Dan stayed until the very end of our wedding (1am!) to make sure everything was cleaned up.

Maybe even more importantly, Savannah probably saved us thousands of dollars. She either had everything we wanted, or figured out a cost-effective way to get it. "Oh hey, I know a local floral wholesaler. Since I know what kind of flowers you are thinking of, would you like me to buy them for you from her and set them all up?" "Oh hey, you want candles in gold-dipped votives? I happen to have made some. Would you like to use those (for free)?" "You want an arch for your ceremony site? My husband just finished building [this great] one you can use (for free) -- What kind of flowers do you want to put on it?" Everything we wanted, she made happen. She saved us so much on flowers, decorations, and favors. And as a plus, she let me ship everything I bought to her house, which was very helpful since we live far away.

Basically, she will over-deliver. Beyond her seemingly endless supply of connections, she gave us confidence that what we wanted to make happen was both possible AND a good idea. What we loved was that there wasn't a lot of "I'm the wedding planner, so I know what's best for weddings," but rather a whole lot of "what a great/fun idea, here's what I can do to help." So if you want to have the wedding that you are planning in your head, and want a planner who will actually help you make it a reality, we HIGHLY recommend the dream team that is Savannah and Dan!

Profile Picture Marina, 9/2/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Favors & Gifts, Flowers, Lighting & Decor, Wedding Planning

BEST wedding decision ever (beside marrying my husband! LOL)! Many people had told me that having a coordinator for the day of was the best choice they made at their wedding. I was a little skeptical at first about whether or not I truly needed one but after one conversation with Amanda at Simply S Events, I knew she was going to make my special day seamless and it would be worth every penny (which by they way was very reasonable). She was extremely easy to talk to and I instantly felt like I was talking to a long time friend. She did much more than "day of"...she gave me great ideas for reception places, emailed back and forth months before the wedding regarding any questions I had or advice I needed. As the big day came closer she dealt/communicated with vendors so that I didn't have to stress about anything.
The day of my wedding ran beautifully because of her and her husband, Health. It was more than I could have asked for. She took away any stress or pressure I had from making sure everything was set up perfectly. She did it better than I probably could have imagined. I had some unpredicatble minor issues the day of and she handled them with such grace, all while making sure I didn't worry one bit!!! :)
I have so much LOVE for Amanda and Health, as they truly made sure that my husband and I had the best day of our lives. Our families could not have been more pleased either while we had many commenting on how great and attentive they were. They even brought us our first cocktails during our family photos and drove our truck home at the end of the evening.
Thank you Amanda and Health for everything!!!!!! :) :) :)

Profile Picture kacey, 7/22/17, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Ceremony, Reception, Rehearsal Dinner, Day-Of Coord., Event Design, Timelines, To-Do Lists, Referrals, Non-Religious

Wow! Savannah and Dan were incredibly amazing from day one until the very end! She helped me find my dream wedding venue and helped me save money on decor, flowers, cake and showed me several different ways to stay on budget! Savannah would be there for me emotional late at night if I was having an emotional breakdown and celebrate with me when we found something fun or cool to add to the wedding. She was worth every single penny and I truly wouldn't have had such a smooth and seamless wedding without her running behind the scenes and taking all the stress off me so I was able to enjoy the day to the fullest with my friends, family and new husband!
From the first moment I spoke with Savannah I new she was the one to help me create my vision and help me stay on budget. She instantly had wonderful energy and gave me the confidence and excitement to keep me on track and to get started on my wedding planning to a destination wedding, on a holiday, in 9 months!

Profile Picture Nadia, 7/4/17, 1 Review

We chose Savannah because it was a destination wedding and we knew it was going to be hard to coordinate everything from out of town. Savannah was simply amazing. She pulled one miracle after another out of her hat which culminated in an incredible, unforgettable and uniquely perfect experience that we will cherish forever. She took care of every detail from start to finish and was an absolute joy to work with. She is worth her weight in gold!

Profile Picture susan, 7/4/17, 1 Review
Category: Flowers, Wedding Planning

Wow, just Wow!! They were perfect! We had our wedding at the Santa Barbara courthouse and reception at a local hotel. They helped prepare everything! It is a stressful thing giving away so much of the planning to one person and relying on them for so much, but as soon as we met them we knew that we were in good hands! They ROCKED it! Everything was perfect! On top of that during the reception they were still finding NEW ways to alleviate stress and help out. We couldn't have been more lucky to find such amazing people who made our wedding day so wonderful! I HIGHLY recommend them and wish I could give higher than 5 stars!

Profile Picture Monique, 3/12/17, 4 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning
Services Used: Cultural, Non-Religious, Day-Of Coord., Event Design, Partial Planning, Timelines, Ceremony, Reception, Rehearsal Dinner

Savannah and her team are amazing! I did not meet her husband, Dan because he was sick however another team member was there to help out. Our wedding day would have not been the day it was without Savannah. Any concern I had Savannah handled it and was on it. Savannah also did my hair and make-up and did an amazing job. She calmed me down when I was a nervous wreck and reassured me that everything would be fine. I only hired Savannah for the day of and we had several phone conversations and met before hand to go over everything. THANK YOU SO MUCH SAVANNAH!

Profile Picture Kathryn, 12/9/16, 1 Review
Services Used: Day-Of Coord., Non-Religious

Savannah and her husband Dan make a great team! My photographer recommended Savannah after working with her before and I am so glad she did. I had done most of the planning myself, but I knew I had to have a day of coordinator to take the worry and stress away on the day of and that's exactly what they did. They were able to execute my vision and take care of all the little details on the day of the wedding. Savannah also did my hair and make-up and the make-up of my bridal party, while her assistant did their hair and it all came out perfectly. Because Savannah also did my hair and make-up, having Dan there to help with the set up was perfect, and why they make such a great team! I would 100% recommend them to other brides!

Profile Picture Marina, 9/30/16, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health, Wedding Planning
Services Used: Ceremony, Reception, Rehearsal Dinner, Day-Of Coord., Timelines

We couldn't be more pleased with Savannah and Dan. They went above and beyond to make our wedding enjoyable, stress-free, and very personal. They are very easy to work with and really cared about making our day perfect. They also worked well with all of our other vendors making for a very smooth and seamless event.
Simply S events are also very affordable and worth every penny. I'm a cheap-skate and even I will say Simply S events are a great value for all the work they do.
Trust me when I say you will not be disappointed when you trust Savannah and Dan with your special day.

Profile Picture User7294767, 1+ year ago, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony Music, Favors & Gifts, Lighting & Decor, Unique Services (Other), Wedding Planning

Savannah and her husband were so helpful through the whole process. We hired them as just a "day of" planner, but they ended up doing so much more for us! Savannah was always responsive to my texts/emails, and would always have the best ideas for things. For the day of, they both made sure everyone was happy, comfortable, and made the day so perfect. I would not been able to pull everything off without their help. If you are looking for an organized, responsible, and truly amazing wedding coordinator, then choose Simply S Events!

Profile Picture Samantha, 7/23/16, 1 Review

The short:
Savannah surpassed our expectations. Viki and I are thinking about getting married one more time so we can work with Savannah again!

The long:
Savannah provided day-of wedding coordination for our wedding. Even though she was contracted for just one day, she regularly checked in with us during wedding planning to offer assistance and advice. She made time to be available over phone, email, and in person for meetings with venue representatives, other vendors, and myself and my wife. She never lost track of a single detail.

From the rehearsal to the day of she did a fantastic job. We surrendered the event to her and were able to have a blast on the biggest day of our lives. She took care of EVERYTHING: coordinating vendors, grabbing us for photo ops, keeping the event at a perfect pace, and likely solving all kinds of problems that I never even knew came up. She helped decorate, prepared my wife's bridal bouquet, and helped take everything down at the end of the night. She even dropped our things off at our Hotel Room while we were at the after party! We had no worries for the entire night and got to spend time with our guests and enjoying the moment.

I cannot recommend someone more highly. From our perspective, the event went flawlessly and we hope to have an opportunity to work with her again in the future!

Profile Picture Evan, 5/29/16, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning
Services Used: Day-Of Coord., Event Design, Partial Planning, Timelines, Referrals, Destination, Non-Religious, Ceremony, Reception

Savannah is worth her weight in gold! She was able to ease my stress and capture my vision perfectly. My ceremony and reception both ran smoothly without any issues. I only wish we would have booked her sooner. Thank you for everything Savannah! Our special day was perfect because of you!

Profile Picture Krystina, 4/30/16, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Without question, the best wedding-related decision my husband and I made (aside from marrying each other) was retaining the services of Simply S Events.

Savannah did more than simply 'step up to the plate' when coordinating our wedding, she hit a grand slam. Savannah was the MVP of our big day, and an absolute rock star at ensuring everything went off without a hitch.

Savannah took everything in stride, and when the big day came she took charge and exceeded all expectations. Savannah's expertise and hard work are directly responsible for what turned out to be the best day of our lives, and what our family and friends have referred to as "the wedding and party of the decade".

To say Simply S's pricing was competitive, or good, is an understatement. The pricing was incredibly competitive, and after the amazing job she did with our wedding, I feel as though we probably should have paid her more.

I truly cannot recommend Simply S Events highly enough. Savannah and Dan are an invaluable asset to any event!

Thank you, Savannah and Dan, for being a part of our wedding day, and working hard to ensure that it really was THE BEST DAY EVER.

Profile Picture Nick & Shay, 9/6/15, 2 Reviews