Simply Grand Events, LLC Reviews

21 | Newport News, VA

21 Reviews for Simply Grand Events, LLC

• Q

Courtney · Married on 10/23/2015

Mrs. Mills coordinated our wedding on October 23, 2015 at Holiday Inn North Beach in Virginia Beach. From day one, Tammy was on top of things in terms of planning our perfect wedding. With both bride and groom living more than two hours away from the venue, Tammy did a wonderful reassuring us that all was well and well-taken care of. When we were able to make trips to Virginia Beach, Tammy made sure she was there for every appointment with vendors, as well as every venue we needed to travel to - even on Sunday. Tammy was prompt, professional, and was willing to adapt to make everything perfect in the months leading up to our big day, as well as those critical days shortly prior, and the big day itself (which went off without a hitch by the way). She went out of her way numerous times to make sure every detail was in order, from getting us special uplighting and pipe/drape, to making sure we had silverware at our reception after the cutting of the cake (when the venue failed to handle that little detail lol). Over the ten months leading up to our special day when we hired Tammy, she became like a family member. She was more than willing to work around our busy schedules, and worked late hours to make we got everything we wanted, all at a very affordable price. On the day of our wedding, she was very organized, prepared, calm and patient, which allowed everything to run smoothly. Mrs. Mills is an excellent wedding planner, and I would recommend Mrs. Mills for all events!!

Sent on 12/29/2015

Simply Grand Events, LLC's reply:

Thank you so much for your kind words, Courtney & Quentin. I am so honored that you choose me to be a part of your special day!

darrell · Married on 04/12/2014

The wedding was beautiful, it went off without a hitch.. I would definitely recommend simply grand

Sent on 04/16/2014

Cynthia · Married on 04/12/2014

Tammy is a very caring, thoughtful, professional planner. When the bride was making last minute changes.... Tammy made it happen as the bride requested.

Sent on 04/17/2014

Charles · Married on 04/12/2014

Tammy Mills was the Wedding Planner
    For our wedding. Mrs. Mills was very helpful and made our wedding a time never to be forgotten. Mrs. Mills is a true professional and a honor to work with her.
    Charles Starling

Sent on 04/18/2014

Shanna · Married on 04/12/2014

We had Mrs. Mills to help us from start to finish.. She stepped right in and we had nothing to worry about.. What a pleasure!!!!

Sent on 04/20/2014
  • Maya

Maya · Married on 03/22/2014

Ms. Tammy was the absolute best! When Major & I first met w/ Ms. Tammy, I explained that I was a "needy" bride and wanted her to hold my hand every step of the way. She did just that! She even picked up some decor and ordered table cloth linen & sashes that I used at my wedding rehearsal. For the most part I was very calm during the planning process, but two weeks before my wedding I started to get completely stressed out w/ family issues & etc. Ms. Tammy kept me together and gave me very encouraging words to stay happy and not let anything or anyone ruin this time. On my wedding day, Ms. Tammy & her assistant Ms. Felita Fields did an exceptional job. Our wedding day was a dream come true!! Thank You Ms. Tammy for taking care of me! I would recommend her to any bride that needs full to day of service. xoxo

Sent on 03/22/2014

Carolyn · Married on 10/12/2013

I selected the "month of" option as I am very organized but wanted someone there to make sure I didn't forget anything. Tammy was this person and did this job very well. She coordinated with the vendors which was one less thing I had to worry about.

On the day of the wedding, one of her staff, Christine, was so attentive to one of my aunts (who was using a walker) that my aunt made a point to let me know how much she appreciated her thoughtfulness.

Tammy has a wonderful personality and her professionalism is top notched. I would definitely use her again for other events!

Sent on 11/16/2013

Tashara · Married on 07/27/2013

It was a pleasure to have Tammy as my wedding day coordinator. She made our special day way more easier with her reaching out to help in each and every way. I couldn't imagine that day without her.

Thanks for everything!
    Mr. & Mrs. Fennell

Sent on 08/07/2013

E.A. · event on 01/19/2013

I can not begin to express my sincere thanks for the outstanding job Simply Grand Events provided for my event. The day before my party we received a call that the event could not proceed as planned at the venue. Three months of planning had come down to less than twenty-four hours to re-accomplish, Tammy went into crisis prevent mode and we did not skip a beat. She found a new venue complete with catering and event setup. I am so glad I had Simply Grand Events on my team. I have them on speed dial for any future events that will require her expertise.

Sent on 01/28/2013

Stephanie · event on 09/01/2012

When I first decided to throw myself a 40th Birthday Party I had many ideas which quickly became overwhelming. I began brainstorming as to whom I could get to assist me in my planning. Of course family and friends always volunteer but are not the most reliable. I decided to contact Mrs. Tammy of Simply Grand Events. From the start she was eager and ready to assist. I told her my vision and she went forward and added her own twist. I left everything up to Mrs. Tammy and my guest said that it was the BEST birthday party they have attended in a long time. When I entered the room I was thoroughly impressed and knew that it was Tammy’s touch of class and elegance that made my 40th Birthday Party a Simply Grand Event!

Sent on 09/17/2012

Angela · event on 06/09/2012

Very professional, intuitive to clients needs. She thinks outside the box, very creative and innovative. Made my son's graduation event a Hugh success.....I plan to utilize her services again in the near future!

Sent on 09/15/2012

Lemar · Married on 04/14/2012

Having Tammy help us with the final month of our wedding planning was a big relief. We did most of our planning on our own, but finally realized when it came to all the little stuff and details we would need some help. Thanks to Tammy she lifted the stress and weight off our backs with the rest of the planning. Tammy is not only professional, but very organized as well as helpful. Her prices are affordable and we would highly recommend her services to anyone looking for a wedding planner. One last thing, we would have loved to have Tammy around from the beginning. It was pleasure and we thank you!

Paola & Lemar Joyner

Sent on 05/07/2012

KaTasha · Married on 08/13/2011

Simply grand events allowed my wedding to be a success without causing me any stress, her services were very reasonable priced and I could not have been happier with the results!!!

Sent on 09/14/2012

Courtney · Married on 02/05/2011

Mrs. Tammy was very helpful in helping me plan for my wedding. My husband to be was deployed and so I had to plan the wedding pretty much by myself. Mrs. Tammy helped me create my dream wedding on a very reasonable budget. She kept me on track with deadlines and made sure that I was stress free the day of my wedding. My wedding was beautiful and I could not have asked for a better wedding planner.

Sent on 04/30/2012

F · Married on 02/05/2011

Simply Grand Events was the Wedding Planner for both of my daughters, one in Aug 2008 and the other Feb 2011. The first wedding was held in a city that neither my daughter or myself lived. Although this presented some challenges, all phases of the planning were handled professionally and with punctuality, so that it seemed as though we were all in one place. On the day of the wedding, there were snafus that could have been disastrous. Simply Grand handled these complications so effortlessly and with such calm, that the Bride was unaware of any problems and was able to focus on her special day. My second daughter was quite creative and wanted her wedding to reflect her unique taste. Simply Grand worked tirelessly to ensure that all aspects of the Bride's vision were incorporated while ensuring that everything was elegant, personal and most important reflective of the Bride and Groom. If you are looking for someone with a passion for weddings, and who wil esure that your vision is bought to life, whatever your event, I highly recommend Simply Grand Events!

Sent on 05/06/2012

Latisha · Married on 05/15/2010

Simply Grand Events was a tremendous help and support in coordinating my vision for our special day. The services in every area were outstanding! I would definitely recommend Simply Grand Events to brides (or grooms)-to- be that are looking for a professional & dedicated company to help make their special day dreams come true.

We received many compliments from our family and friends on the excellent client service.

Simply Grand Events helped to make our wedding day amazing and one of the happiest days of our lives!

Again, thank you so much for everything, it was truly Simply Grand!

Mr. & Mrs. Sherwood

Sent on 05/31/2011

Elaine · Married on 01/23/2010

Simply Grand Events made my wedding day beyond special, the attentiveness to details, the willingness to meet and exceed my expectations and most of all their calming presence when I was faltering and about to fall apart. People still comment to me how very very special and intimate our wedding was, and I thank you Simply Grand. Elaine Harris.

Sent on 02/16/2011

Tiara · Married on 10/09/2009

I would recommend these services to anyone seeking a professional coordinator who is qualified and experience in assisting couples in making their ideal ceremonies come true. My now husband and I were beyond satisfied and truly appreciated all the time and dedication that was put into our wedding. Thanks so much.

Sent on 10/16/2009

erica · Married on 08/02/2008

Tammy was an awesome Coordinator!!! I live in Northern VA, while she was in Tidewater and my wedding was in Richmond which presented a few challenges but that did not stop her! Tammy met me in Richmond for meetings with the ceremony and reception venue on two separate occasions with no complaint. There was a hiccup with my caterer on the day of my wedding and she made sure that I knew nothing about it (my husband told me what happened after the wedding). She made sure that everything at my reception occurred in a timely manner and I had the time of my life!!! Most importantly, my anniversary is Mrs. Tammy's birthday so I was more than happy to celebrate with her!

Sent on 05/02/2012

Chuck · Married on 07/07/2012

3.0

For having called Simply Grands Events just one week prior to my wedding due to our previous planner stealing money from us...the "day of" planning services from Simply Grands were right on time, on point and a job well done. We felt like Simply Grands had been working with us a full year prior to the wedding date and knew how to jump right in and make things happen at a moments notice. Although I specifically told them how a gentleman is to escort a woman down the aisle and what arm to lead with, all of my pictures show that the proper etiquette was done wrong and to their liking. Other than that, we had a great time, without any major flaws (that we know of due to her handling them), and without any extra worries or concerns. We trusted them and in return we were not let down.

Sent on 07/25/2012

sharon · Married on 10/09/2009

feedback is based solely; interaction on wedding day. offer alternatives/suggestions to the bride & groom; maintaining the scope of their wedding plans

Sent on 10/24/2009