48 Reviews for Simply Gourmet

Lactose Free (1)
Organic (1)
Cash Bar (1)
47 Simply Gourmet Reviews

Mike from simply gourmet is a fabulous chef and his food is delicious. I recently hired him as the caterer for my wedding at the minnewaska lodge is gardiner ,ny and I was impressed by the taste and presentation of his menu. We had the Mediterranean bar, mac n cheese bar , pork loin, beef loin, mixed veg,mashed potatoes and mushroom ravioli. His staff was incredible they were attentive and pleasant to everyone’s need from the very beginning. I would definitely recommend Simply Gourmet as professional service to anyone who wants value and quality in a caterer.

Profile Picture yevette, 6/9/18, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: American, Local, Mediterranean, Chairs, Tables, Gluten Free, Vegetarian, Clean Up, Delivery, Set Up, Bartender(s), Cash Bar, Champagne Toast, House Beer, House Liquor, House Wine, Liquor License, Open Bar, Premium Liquor, Signature Drink, Specialty Beer, Specialty Wine, Cake Cutting, Cocktail Reception, Custom Menu, Family Style, Hors d'oeuvres, Server(s), Tastings

It was so great to work with Mike and his staff. We had our wedding at the Harness Racing Museum in Goshen, NY. Mike worked within our budget to ensure we had all the details and services that were important to us (open bar, cocktail hour food stations, etc.). We received so many compliments from our guests on how great the food was. I cannot recommend Simply Gourmet, enough! We made the right choice to go with them.

Profile Picture Chelsea, 6/9/18, 1 Review
Category: Catering

Our wedding wouldn't have been the same without Simply Gourmet. Our wedding was three weeks ago and we still haven't stopped talking about how responsive, attentive, and fantastic the staff was. With a day that could be full of stress and nerves, simply gourmet made us feel at ease with how organized and accommodating they were. Besides being great people, the food they served was exceptional. Reminiscing our wedding with family and friends, we couldn't imagine it without Simply Gourmet!

Profile Picture Mark, 6/2/18, 1 Review
Category: Catering

We hired Simply Gourmet to cater my daughter's wedding at Locust Grove. They were incredible! Every guest that I talked to RAVED about the food!! It was delicious. And there was so much of it! It started during the cocktail hour and just kept coming the whole night!

Mike was great to deal with and took care of every detail. Their staff was one of the most professional I have ever dealt with… the service was perfect!

I’m running out of adjectives here and I’m not sure I can articulate how happy we are with Mike and Simply Gourmet! We are so glad that we chose them for or daughter's wedding!

I strongly recommend Simply Gourmet!

Profile Picture Tim, 5/5/18, 1 Review
Category: Catering

I don't know where to begin saying enough good things about Mike & Simply Gourmet. From the moment we walked into our first meeting with Mike, we felt at ease. The guy totally knows what he's doing and how to do it right. He remained flexible caring, responsive, and informative from the beginning to end of the planning. And then, when it was time for the big event — O.M.G. Talk about coming through! The food was AMAZING!!!! So many guests said they had never had such good wedding food, including outrageous pies for dessert and crazy-good eats for our cocktail hour. (And the signature cocktails — Manhattan and Pomegranate Cosmos — were just WOW). And the bar setup outside was wonderful. The staff, too, was soo sweet and professional. More than anything else, Mike took so much pressure off of us because we just knew it was going to be okay with him handling everything. Only downside — as bride and groom we were unable to STUFF OUR FACES with MIke's food&drink (barely had time to eat). So, now we're desperately trying to get someone we know to get married and use Mike/Simply Gourmet & invite us so that we can go to the wedding and enjoy everything all over again . . . but this time really have our fill. REQUEST: If you use Mike/SimplyGourmet because of our recommendation, PLEASE INVITE US!!! LoL!!!!!! Have a great wedding. You will NOT go wrong with Mike & Simply Gourmet. Blessings!!!

Profile Picture Richie, 10/22/17, 1 Review
Category: Catering

Mike and his crew is very professional and hits every detail you could possibly want on your wedding day. Unbelievable food, my guests are still talking about the food and service. I highly recommend simply gourmet they do it all and not once was I worried. Mike also made sure my wife and I ate and tried all the food his attention to us did not go unnoticed phenomenal job!!!!

Profile Picture Kayla, 10/21/17, 1 Review
Category: Catering

Mike and his team are absolutely amazing.they worked with us from the time we booked it till the day of are wedding the food is so good and the service is outstanding I recommend anyone looking for a caterer to look into them. They made our day amazing and stress free!!!

Profile Picture Emily, 10/20/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: Buffet, Cake Cutting, Cocktail Reception, Custom Menu, Dessert, Hors d'oeuvres, Server(s), Stations, Tastings, Bartender(s), Liquor License, Open Bar, Premium Liquor, Signature Drink, Specialty Beer, Clean Up, Delivery, Set Up, Vegetarian, American, Italian

My wife and I got married on October 7, 2017, a little over a month ago, and we are still getting comments about the WONDERFUL food and service provided by Simply Gourmet. As some people have and continue to tell us it was “the best food I have ever had at a wedding.” On top of that, this was no ordinary wedding — we had a fabulous mix of American, Hispanic, and Middle Eastern cuisine.

Mike was well-versed on some of our customs and was willing to try all our suggested options, which he nailed during the tasting. We also had a special request for halal meat and he did that too without hesitation. He was extremely patient and easy to work with. He really pays attention to detail and gave my wife his undivided attention throughout the entire process.

They not only prepared the meals but also set up, broke down, and decorated the entire ceremony, cocktail, and reception areas EXACTLY how we, she, envisioned it. The entire team was on point! They were there for us, our guest, and the other vendors the entire night. I’d be happy to share my full story with anyone who would like to contact me. Simply Gourmet is THE caterer of the Hudson Valley, hands down. They are worth every single penny and you better believe we’ll be using them again!

Profile Picture Freddy, 10/7/17, 1 Review
Category: Catering

So happy with our choice to go with Simply Gourmet to cater our wedding! Mike was super helpful from the start. Very reasonably priced and you get a wide selection. They coordinate all the rentals if you need them, which gets factored into the cost per plate, and they take care of set up/break down - this was a huge plus for us. The food was amazing, everyone was talking about it afterwards! We loved the more low key BBQ style menu options to go with our barn wedding - laid back but still excellent quality. The service was also outstanding, very sweet and professional staff. They were even able to cater special dishes for my vegan and gluten free guests. Ryan was so friendly and helpful the day of, and made sure everything went smoothly. Thank you so much, Simply Gourmet!

Profile Picture Laura, 9/30/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering, Event Rentals & Photobooths

Profile Picture Laura, 9/30/17, 9 Reviews
Category: Catering, Event Rentals & Photobooths
Services Used: Clean Up, Set Up, American, Bartender(s), House Liquor, Liquor License, Open Bar, Gluten Free, No Pork, Vegan, Vegetarian, Buffet, Cocktail Reception, Custom Menu, Dessert, Hors d'oeuvres, Outside Cake, Server(s), Tastings

We were looking for something very simple and easy, but with a few special requests and Mike with his team were able to provide nothing but professionalism and quality to everything we had requested. His staff even went out of their way to pick up a six pack of beer for a guest who had a specific request. I would definitely recommend Simply Gourmet for any event and will keep in mind for future catering events on our end.

Profile Picture Matthew, 9/30/17, 1 Review
Category: Catering

We are so thankful we found Mike and the team at Simply Gourmet to cater our wedding! We were really looking for something unique and as far away from "typical wedding food" that we could possibly find. The moment we met Mike and tasted his food we knew we wanted him to be our caterer! Farm to Table is their thing and we absolutely love that! The tasting we did with Mike was incredible and while the food was delicious (the only chef that has ever been able to get me to actually like salmon!) sitting down with Mike and planning our menu was absolutely amazing! He is so passionate about what he does and so creative in the meals and pairings he come up with! Our guests raved about how good all the food was and were amazed that all the delicious food we had was able to be produced out of a very small cook tent! Mike made figuring out all the rentals we would need for our event space a breeze and the staff on the day of our wedding were absolutely wonderful! If you are looking for a caterer that make delicious food, is incredibly personable and professional, and has a wonderful staff, look no further than Mike and Simply Gourmet!!!

Profile Picture Elissa, 9/16/17, 6 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: Clean Up, Delivery, Set Up, Local, Cake Cutting, Cocktail Reception, Custom Menu, Dessert, Hors d'oeuvres, Plated, Server(s), Tastings, Chairs, Bartender(s), Champagne Toast, Liquor License, Open Bar, Gluten Free, Vegetarian

We had an amazing experience with Simply Gourmet catering our wedding at Locust Grove. From the start, Mike was responsive, professional, and really easy to work with, answering all of our emails and calls quickly. He provided some great suggestions that helped make the evening even better than we could have expected. The food tasted delicious and the presentation was beautiful. All of our guests raved to us about the great selection of food and cocktails, and we really loved that many of the ingredients came from the Hudson Valley! The service was outstanding, especially Ryan, our Captain for the evening, who was exceptional. He hunted us down multiple times during photos after the ceremony to hand deliver us fresh drinks and appetizers, and even ran back to get us an umbrella when it started to rain. Simply Gourmet did a great job getting the tables and event space set up exactly as we envisioned and made sure everything ran smoothly throughout the evening. We highly recommend Simply Gourmet. Thank you for creating such a special experience for us!

Profile Picture Meredith, 9/2/17, 4 Reviews
Category: Catering

Simply Amazing!!! We loved everything about Mike and his fabulous team!!! I would book him again anytime and recommend him highly to everybody!!!

Profile Picture Nadia, 8/19/17, 1 Review
Category: Catering

We spent over a year with Mike from Simply Gormet planning our daughter's wedding. From the moment we first met with him to the end of an exquisite wedding, Mike was extremely prompt with answering e-mails, highly organized, as well as true to his word and quotes. Our guests were so impressed by the amount of wonderfully flavored and textured food, the use of fresh local farms and breweries, and especially the care that was put into the making of each individual appetizer and every scrumptious meal. Mike coordinated and planned ahead with each vendor to make sure the day would go smoothly. His entire staff was professional and worked diligently to make sure everything was timed to perfection throughout the ceremony, refreshments, cocktail hour, meal and dessert.
Mike was flexible and trusting with the bride and groom's requests, understanding that the day needed to be tailor made to bring the kind of joy they both shared on their very special wedding day. He shows a level of knowledge, experience and attention to detail that are unparalleled in this region. We give our highest recommendation and most sincere thanks for a day that will live on in our hearts and memory.

Profile Picture Diane, 8/12/17, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Wedding Planning

I simply do not have enough words to describe how phenomenal Simply Gourmet is. Mike worked with me and my husband to come up with the perfect summery menu for our July 2017 wedding. He was extremely patient, enthusiastic, communicative and professional throughout every step of the planning process. The food at our wedding of 120 people was as delicious as it was at our tasting. We received NUMEROUS compliments from our guests about the exceptional service and quality of food. Many caterers in the Hudson Valley are hard to get in touch with or cost a fortune. Simply Gourmet is a devoted team that puts so much effort into creating a flawless event at a very reasonable cost. We could not be more satisfied with the food & service that Simply Gourmet provided for our Locust Grove wedding!

Profile Picture Marisa, 7/22/17, 6 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: Vegan, Vegetarian, Clean Up, Delivery, Set Up, American, Italian, Local, Custom Menu, Dessert, Hors d'oeuvres, Outside Cake, Plated, Server(s), Stations, Tastings

Mike and his team at Simply Gourmet are amazing! From the first meeting my husband and I had with Mike, we knew he had to cater our wedding, and would do an incredible job. Mike seems very passionate about his job and about food, and it shows. Mike was very responsive and flexible whenever we had any questions or wanted to make changes to our menu. Our wedding was held at Locust Grove Estate, and Mike reassured us that he had catered at that venue many times, so we knew we could trust him and his team to do an amazing job. All of our food was delicious, and we received rave reviews from our guests... people are still talking about the pies!!! Additionally, my husband and I found that Simply Gourmet's prices were extremely affordable, and with the quality of their work and their delicious food, we are beyond happy that they catered our wedding. We also love how Mike uses local and fresh ingredients when possible, and he even used a few local wines and beer for our bar service. Thank you again to Mike and his incredible team at Simply Gourmet!

Profile Picture Katelyn, 6/24/17, 4 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: American, Local, Bartender(s), Open Bar, Buffet, Stations, Clean Up, Set Up, Gluten Free, Vegetarian

This review is overdue, but I simply HAD to rave about this company. Simply Gourmet catered my wedding this past June and I cannot iterate enough how evident it was that they truly value their work. Our wedding vision was completed due to the excellent advice, outstanding service, delicious food, and friendly demeanor from this caterer. The staff was impeccable and sincerely generous, especially Mike! I feel very fortunate to have chosen this company to make our special day unforgettable. I HIGHLY recommend Simply Gourmet! - Renee S.

Profile Picture Renee , 6/3/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering

Simply gourmet was great to work with. Mike was super responsive and his food was delicious. Best of all (and an absolute rarity in the wedding business) his pricing was straight-forward and understandable. The price he sent out in the first quote was basically the price we paid at the end. As a result it also ended up being a great value: other vendors in the area were cheaper on first glance, but there was a lot hidden in the fine print.

Profile Picture Jiri, 5/26/17, 1 Review
Category: Catering

My husband and I were married May 20, 2017 and we were so happy to have had Mike and Simply Gourmet cater our wedding! Mike was phenomenal to work with: a true professional, he is incredibly passionate about his cuisine, is knowledgeable and informative, well organized, friendly, and was very accommodating with our busy schedules. I knew from our first email exchange that Mike was our caterer-to-be and when my husband and I had our first meeting with him we were all ready to sign, seal, and boy! did Mike deliver! The venue was set up gorgeously; the food was absolutely delicious, plentiful, & beautifully displayed; our signature cocktails and selection of wine & beer Mike suggested were a huge hit; and the Simply Gourmet staff were so friendly, courteous, & efficient. Our family and friends still tell us months later how much their mouths water thinking back on the food and drink they had and how amazing the staff was throughout the wedding. Side note: Both our dads had the grilled beef tenderloin entrée which they'll both mention at least once during casual conversation all the while smacking their lips. High praise indeed! Special shoutout to Ryan who was our maître d' extraordinaire for the evening! Ryan was wonderful and made sure to keep my husband and I well fed, well hydrated, and helped keep us on task. From setup to breakdown and everything in between, Simply Gourmet was amazing! We couldn't have asked for a more memorable and incredible day. Thank you so much, Mike and Simply Gourmet!

Profile Picture Janet, 5/20/17, 6 Reviews
Category: Catering

Everyone we have spoken to about our wedding last month has told us the food was amazing! Simply Gourmet did more than we could have asked for. Mike helped us every step of the way and is extremely passionate and innovative. We would definitely recommend to anyone looking for delicious food, attentive service, help with planning and decorating, flexibility, all at a reasonable (Hudson Valley) price!

Profile Picture Joanna, 10/22/16, 5 Reviews
Category: Catering

FABULOUS!!! To say that Simply Gourmet was amazing to work with is an understatement. My husband and I were not the organized, detail-oriented wedding planning type, but it was wonderful to work with Mike throughout the process. Mike is extremely organized and helped us stay on track with deadlines. He explained everything very clearly (pricing, furniture rentals, menu, alcohol) and was very professional in all of our meetings and outside communication. My husband and I do not live near our venue, but Mike was super accommodating with last minute meetings and tastings when we were in the area. He worked around our schedule and didn't get frustrated with our spur of the moment meetings. He worked with us to create a menu catered to our venue, season, and personal taste. Everything was unique and not your standard "wedding food." Our guests are still talking about the butternut squash soup bar from our fall wedding. We couldn't have been happier with Simply Gourmet. I TOTALLY recommend them!!!

Profile Picture Paige, 10/15/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: Clean Up, Delivery, Set Up, Chairs, Tables, American, Local, Buffet, Cake Cutting, Cocktail Reception, Custom Menu, Dessert, Hors d'oeuvres, Outside Cake, Server(s), Stations, Tastings, Bartender(s), Champagne Toast, House Beer, House Liquor, House Wine, Liquor License, Open Bar, Premium Liquor, Specialty Beer, Specialty Wine

Simply Gourmet is AMAZING. Anything you've heard about "bad wedding food" will be quickly put to rest in Mike's (owner) hands. One thing you know about me and know about what our guests expected of me was the food to be good. I've been a food obsessed person my whole life and now work in hospitality tech - and believe me I wanted the FOOD to be a focal point of my farm-y upper Hudson Valley wedding. Mike offered us welcome drinks, 4 amazing stationery dips, 8 passed apps, and an amazing buffet of 3 hearty mains (short rib, roast chicken, pecan salmon), two sides, and a dessert. Everything was seasonal and highly personal (catered to our heritages and tastes - we had a New American farm to table menu sprinkled in with Chinese/Burmese and Jewish twang). We even had a delicious acorn squash dish for our vegan guests. We used Mike for our bar which included 2 wine whites, 2 red whites, 2 beers, and 2 specialty cocktails- again catered to our tastes. And these were like craft everything. I didn't get to eat any of the food but was impressed at a tasting we did a year+ prior, and was incredibly overjoyed to here that each guest loved it. Not only did they complain the food was plentiful, but it was really top notch. And these are like.. picky, New Yorkers who only dine at Michelin starred restaurants... seriously.

Apart from the amazing food, the service was A+. The staff came up to me so many times asking if I needed anything since I barely sat down the whole night. Throughout the planning process, Mike was extremely responsive, professional, and detail oriented, and had the stamina to deal with my Type A, communicative, personality. It's one thing to make great food, but another thing to know how the heck to cater an event, and I think Mike was operationally very strong and executed our event to the fullest enjoyment of our guests. He also managed our rentals from A to Z as for as food related rentals, went. Definitely give him a shot!

Profile Picture Stephanie , 10/8/16, 9 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: Bartender(s), Limited Bar, Open Bar, Signature Drink, Specialty Beer, Buffet, Cocktail Reception, Dessert, Hors d'oeuvres, Server(s), American, Local, Vegan, Vegetarian, Clean Up, Delivery, Set Up

Mike and the crew from Simply Gourmet catered our September 2016 wedding and we couldn’t have asked for a better experience. The food was delicious and the staff was exceptional. When we first met with Mike to discuss the day we had a general theme in mind and a few random food ideas. During our initial meeting, he asked many questions about our likes and dislikes and what type of a feeling we wanted to generate throughout the night. Mike took all the thoughts, wants, and wonderings in our heads and ran with it - creating the perfect menu for our rustic theme.

Mike also took care of more than just the fantastic food. We were using a site without a kitchen, table, chairs, etc. and Mike took care of all of the rentals for us - taking a huge weight off of our shoulders. In addition to that, Mike and his staff also set up our centerpieces and some of our decorations that day so we wouldn’t have to worry about it. And knowing Mike’s attention to detail, we knew everything was going to look perfect! Mike also kept in contact with our venue to let them know when he would be there, when the rentals were showing up and working through any needed licenses and insurance policies for the event. With Simply Gourmet as our caterer we knew we had nothing to worry about that day.

Mike and his staff were total professionals during the day. They were friendly and welcoming and had knowledge of the venue to answer any guest questions (about the food, the venue, or even local information for our out of towners) and went out of their way to make everyone comfortable.

The compliments for Mike and his crew continue to come as we visit with friends and family. The food was fresh, seasonal, sourced from local farms and business as much as possible. Our guests received a true taste of the Hudson Valley. We are ecstatic with how Mike and Simply Gourmet took our ideas and turned them into a world class event. Thank you to Mike and Simply Gourmet!

-Sarah and Daniel

Profile Picture Sarah, 9/24/16, 1 Review
Category: Catering
Services Used: Clean Up, Delivery, Set Up, American, Buffet, Cocktail Reception, Dessert, Hors d'oeuvres, Server(s), Tastings, Bartender(s), House Beer, House Wine, Specialty Beer