Simply Gourmet Reviews

55 | Poughkeepsie, NY

55 Reviews for Simply Gourmet

55 Simply Gourmet Reviews

Sarah · Married on 10/20/2018

Amazing food, incredible service!

Simply Gourmet catered our wedding at Locust Grove on October 20, 2018. They work together so often that we had a lower cost "package" deal for our venue. Mike and his team were amazing! Mike is detail oriented, quick to respond, and helped us to plan everything about our wedding. The day of, his team was friendly and accommodating. Also, their food is AMAZING and locally sourced.

Austin · Married on 09/29/2018

We got married at Locust Grove in Poughkeepsie, NY on September 29, 2018 and Simply Gourmet was our (amazing) caterer. I reached out to Mike online and he immediately got back to me. We talked on the phone for a while to discuss what we were looking for in a caterer, and it became clear very quickly that they are serious experts. Felt really good about our conversation so we scheduled an appointment for a tasting. Literally everything we tried was delicious, so we decided on the spot that we wanted to go with Mike and his team.

A few months prior to the wedding we met again to lock in the menu and linen selections, and all other details. Because Locust Grove is one of their most frequently used venues, Simply Gourmet offered an all-inclusive package deal. They covered the ceremony, cocktail hour and reception setup, food (obviously) and alcohol, and all linens and rentals. They provided an awesome captain that helped us facilitate the entire day, and all of the staff were on point. For everything we got, the pricing was very reasonable, and absolutely worth it. There were welcome beverages when guests arrived, they cut and served our cake, and also provided a signature drink and an additional dessert, cider donuts, which our guests absolutely loved. Our captain also set aside plates that contained all of the cocktail hour and reception selections for my wife and I, so that we got to try everything. She also made sure our wine glasses were always full!

All communication was fast and easy, leading up to and on the day of our wedding. We HIGHLY recommend Simply Gourmet for all your catering needs!

P.S. two words: SHORT RIBS

Sent on 10/09/2018

Simply Gourmet's reply:

Austin, thank you very much for the kind words! It was great working with you and I am glad to know that you, and your guests, enjoyed the wedding!!! -Mike

Kristen Cosenza · Married on 09/29/2018

Ah-mazing!

I cannot say enough about Mike and Ryan. From the initial call I made to Simply Gourmet Mike was very responsive, upfront and knowledgeable. We knew immediately after speaking with Mike that they were the caterers we wanted to use. Anytime we had a question or concern Mike was always available to speak. He was very prompt and accommodating with our schedule to meet being we do not live in the area and always made our "meetings" fun with his outgoing personality. I knew going into the big day that the food would be amazing based on the tasting we did but I've received so many compliments on the menu from guests that attended (especially on the Salmon, Steak, Mac & Cheese & Broccoli salad) OH and the seasonal pies were delish! When I would run ideas by Mike he would always provide his honest opinion and offer more cost effective options which was really appreciated ( we all know staying within budget is important). They really took the lead on the event planning & rentals which definitely alleviated stress off of us. Ryan the day of the wedding was AMAZING. He was so friendly and kept everything moving (and always made sure we had a drink in hand!!). He went out of his way on several instances throughout the day & night and helped everything run so smoothly. Between Simply Gourmet's team and Nostrano Vineyards our day was exactly how we envisioned it (if not better!). We were able to enjoy our day knowing that we were in great hands and that everything was taken care of. Thank you guys so much for making our day so special (& tasty).

April · Married on 09/23/2018

We truly could not have asked for better service! From the moment we met Mike at Simply Gourmet we were impressed, and then we tried their food and were completely blown away! Mike worked with us to meet our every need. Not only that but he went above and beyond to make sure our day was perfect! On the day of the wedding the team at Simply Gourmet was completely professional, always made sure that we were happy and completely nailed the set up on our entire day! It was a dream come true, we still are getting compliments on how good the food was and how beautiful everything turned out! I would give 10 stars if I could!!!

Chelsea · Married on 09/22/2018

Wonderful!

Mike and his crew at Simply Gourmet could not have made our wedding day better! The food was delicious, and our guests were very, very complimentary of it. And on top of all the great menu options for our wedding day, Mike does so much beforehand in making sure everything is running smoothly - from rentals, to decor, to guest count, etc. He really put our needs first which is, we think, one of the most important qualities they possess., on top of being flexible and conscious of our budget. Simply Gourmet was wonderful to work with, and we could not recommend them enough!

Hannah · Married on 09/15/2018

No detail too small

Simply Gourmet was everything we hoped for in a caterer and more. Every interaction with Mike was a pleasure, from initial contact, to menu choices, tasting, special requests, he handled it all. Mike was so responsive to every email and phone call, which made things so smooth for us. On the day of, they handled everything perfectly. The entire staff on site were amazing. Our captain for the day personally catered to us all night. We really felt like we got the royal treatment. The food was perfect and our guests couldn’t say enough good things about the service, the drinks, everything. Simply Gourmet was simply perfect.

Sent on 10/20/2018
    Simply Gourmet 1

Simply Gourmet's reply:

Hi Hannah! Thank you very much for the kind words. I am glad that you and your guests enjoyed the wedding! It was fun working with you. -MIke

Ashley Gramuglia · Married on 08/25/2018

The best catering!

My husband and I are so happy we chose Simply Gourmet for our wedding! From our initial contact with Mike through the wedding he was so responsive, kind, and helpful. Through all of our planning he provided insight on so many things we would have forgotten about, and whenever I'd reach out asking how something was done he already had a plan on how to handle it. Planning our wedding was so easy with Mike, what we thought would be super overwhelming was a breeze. We used Simply gourmet for our rehearsal dinner the night before and everyone was so excited to see what we'd have at the wedding, and they did not disappoint! On the day of the wedding we couldn't have been happier, everything went as planned and all of our guests raved about the food. I cannot say enough about how happy we were with everything, I highly recommend Simply Gourmet, go for a tasting you won't be disappointed!

Simply Gourmet 2
  • Y

yevette · Married on 06/09/2018

Mike from simply gourmet is a fabulous chef and his food is delicious. I recently hired him as the caterer for my wedding at the minnewaska lodge is gardiner ,ny and I was impressed by the taste and presentation of his menu. We had the Mediterranean bar, mac n cheese bar , pork loin, beef loin, mixed veg,mashed potatoes and mushroom ravioli. His staff was incredible they were attentive and pleasant to everyone’s need from the very beginning. I would definitely recommend Simply Gourmet as professional service to anyone who wants value and quality in a caterer.

Simply Gourmet 3
    Simply Gourmet 4

Chelsea · Married on 06/09/2018

It was so great to work with Mike and his staff. We had our wedding at the Harness Racing Museum in Goshen, NY. Mike worked within our budget to ensure we had all the details and services that were important to us (open bar, cocktail hour food stations, etc.). We received so many compliments from our guests on how great the food was. I cannot recommend Simply Gourmet, enough! We made the right choice to go with them.

Mark · Married on 06/02/2018

Our wedding wouldn't have been the same without Simply Gourmet. Our wedding was three weeks ago and we still haven't stopped talking about how responsive, attentive, and fantastic the staff was. With a day that could be full of stress and nerves, simply gourmet made us feel at ease with how organized and accommodating they were. Besides being great people, the food they served was exceptional. Reminiscing our wedding with family and friends, we couldn't imagine it without Simply Gourmet!

Tim · Married on 05/05/2018

We hired Simply Gourmet to cater my daughter's wedding at Locust Grove. They were incredible! Every guest that I talked to RAVED about the food!! It was delicious. And there was so much of it! It started during the cocktail hour and just kept coming the whole night!

Mike was great to deal with and took care of every detail. Their staff was one of the most professional I have ever dealt with… the service was perfect!

I’m running out of adjectives here and I’m not sure I can articulate how happy we are with Mike and Simply Gourmet! We are so glad that we chose them for or daughter's wedding!

I strongly recommend Simply Gourmet!

Richie · Married on 10/22/2017

I don't know where to begin saying enough good things about Mike & Simply Gourmet. From the moment we walked into our first meeting with Mike, we felt at ease. The guy totally knows what he's doing and how to do it right. He remained flexible caring, responsive, and informative from the beginning to end of the planning. And then, when it was time for the big event — O.M.G. Talk about coming through! The food was AMAZING!!!! So many guests said they had never had such good wedding food, including outrageous pies for dessert and crazy-good eats for our cocktail hour. (And the signature cocktails — Manhattan and Pomegranate Cosmos — were just WOW). And the bar setup outside was wonderful. The staff, too, was soo sweet and professional. More than anything else, Mike took so much pressure off of us because we just knew it was going to be okay with him handling everything. Only downside — as bride and groom we were unable to STUFF OUR FACES with MIke's food&drink (barely had time to eat). So, now we're desperately trying to get someone we know to get married and use Mike/Simply Gourmet & invite us so that we can go to the wedding and enjoy everything all over again . . . but this time really have our fill. REQUEST: If you use Mike/SimplyGourmet because of our recommendation, PLEASE INVITE US!!! LoL!!!!!! Have a great wedding. You will NOT go wrong with Mike & Simply Gourmet. Blessings!!!

Simply Gourmet 5
    Simply Gourmet 6

Kayla · Married on 10/21/2017

Mike and his crew is very professional and hits every detail you could possibly want on your wedding day. Unbelievable food, my guests are still talking about the food and service. I highly recommend simply gourmet they do it all and not once was I worried. Mike also made sure my wife and I ate and tried all the food his attention to us did not go unnoticed phenomenal job!!!!

Emily · Married on 10/20/2017

Mike and his team are absolutely amazing.they worked with us from the time we booked it till the day of are wedding the food is so good and the service is outstanding I recommend anyone looking for a caterer to look into them. They made our day amazing and stress free!!!

• F

Freddy · Married on 10/07/2017

My wife and I got married on October 7, 2017, a little over a month ago, and we are still getting comments about the WONDERFUL food and service provided by Simply Gourmet. As some people have and continue to tell us it was “the best food I have ever had at a wedding.” On top of that, this was no ordinary wedding — we had a fabulous mix of American, Hispanic, and Middle Eastern cuisine.

Mike was well-versed on some of our customs and was willing to try all our suggested options, which he nailed during the tasting. We also had a special request for halal meat and he did that too without hesitation. He was extremely patient and easy to work with. He really pays attention to detail and gave my wife his undivided attention throughout the entire process.

They not only prepared the meals but also set up, broke down, and decorated the entire ceremony, cocktail, and reception areas EXACTLY how we, she, envisioned it. The entire team was on point! They were there for us, our guest, and the other vendors the entire night. I’d be happy to share my full story with anyone who would like to contact me. Simply Gourmet is THE caterer of the Hudson Valley, hands down. They are worth every single penny and you better believe we’ll be using them again!

Laura · Married on 09/30/2017

So happy with our choice to go with Simply Gourmet to cater our wedding! Mike was super helpful from the start. Very reasonably priced and you get a wide selection. They coordinate all the rentals if you need them, which gets factored into the cost per plate, and they take care of set up/break down - this was a huge plus for us. The food was amazing, everyone was talking about it afterwards! We loved the more low key BBQ style menu options to go with our barn wedding - laid back but still excellent quality. The service was also outstanding, very sweet and professional staff. They were even able to cater special dishes for my vegan and gluten free guests. Ryan was so friendly and helpful the day of, and made sure everything went smoothly. Thank you so much, Simply Gourmet!

Laura · Married on 09/30/2017

Matthew · Married on 09/30/2017

We were looking for something very simple and easy, but with a few special requests and Mike with his team were able to provide nothing but professionalism and quality to everything we had requested. His staff even went out of their way to pick up a six pack of beer for a guest who had a specific request. I would definitely recommend Simply Gourmet for any event and will keep in mind for future catering events on our end.

Elissa · Married on 09/16/2017

We are so thankful we found Mike and the team at Simply Gourmet to cater our wedding! We were really looking for something unique and as far away from "typical wedding food" that we could possibly find. The moment we met Mike and tasted his food we knew we wanted him to be our caterer! Farm to Table is their thing and we absolutely love that! The tasting we did with Mike was incredible and while the food was delicious (the only chef that has ever been able to get me to actually like salmon!) sitting down with Mike and planning our menu was absolutely amazing! He is so passionate about what he does and so creative in the meals and pairings he come up with! Our guests raved about how good all the food was and were amazed that all the delicious food we had was able to be produced out of a very small cook tent! Mike made figuring out all the rentals we would need for our event space a breeze and the staff on the day of our wedding were absolutely wonderful! If you are looking for a caterer that make delicious food, is incredibly personable and professional, and has a wonderful staff, look no further than Mike and Simply Gourmet!!!

Meredith · Married on 09/02/2017

We had an amazing experience with Simply Gourmet catering our wedding at Locust Grove. From the start, Mike was responsive, professional, and really easy to work with, answering all of our emails and calls quickly. He provided some great suggestions that helped make the evening even better than we could have expected. The food tasted delicious and the presentation was beautiful. All of our guests raved to us about the great selection of food and cocktails, and we really loved that many of the ingredients came from the Hudson Valley! The service was outstanding, especially Ryan, our Captain for the evening, who was exceptional. He hunted us down multiple times during photos after the ceremony to hand deliver us fresh drinks and appetizers, and even ran back to get us an umbrella when it started to rain. Simply Gourmet did a great job getting the tables and event space set up exactly as we envisioned and made sure everything ran smoothly throughout the evening. We highly recommend Simply Gourmet. Thank you for creating such a special experience for us!

Nadia · Married on 08/19/2017

Simply Amazing!!! We loved everything about Mike and his fabulous team!!! I would book him again anytime and recommend him highly to everybody!!!

Diane · Married on 08/12/2017

We spent over a year with Mike from Simply Gormet planning our daughter's wedding. From the moment we first met with him to the end of an exquisite wedding, Mike was extremely prompt with answering e-mails, highly organized, as well as true to his word and quotes. Our guests were so impressed by the amount of wonderfully flavored and textured food, the use of fresh local farms and breweries, and especially the care that was put into the making of each individual appetizer and every scrumptious meal. Mike coordinated and planned ahead with each vendor to make sure the day would go smoothly. His entire staff was professional and worked diligently to make sure everything was timed to perfection throughout the ceremony, refreshments, cocktail hour, meal and dessert.
    Mike was flexible and trusting with the bride and groom's requests, understanding that the day needed to be tailor made to bring the kind of joy they both shared on their very special wedding day. He shows a level of knowledge, experience and attention to detail that are unparalleled in this region. We give our highest recommendation and most sincere thanks for a day that will live on in our hearts and memory.

Marisa · Married on 07/22/2017

I simply do not have enough words to describe how phenomenal Simply Gourmet is. Mike worked with me and my husband to come up with the perfect summery menu for our July 2017 wedding. He was extremely patient, enthusiastic, communicative and professional throughout every step of the planning process. The food at our wedding of 120 people was as delicious as it was at our tasting. We received NUMEROUS compliments from our guests about the exceptional service and quality of food. Many caterers in the Hudson Valley are hard to get in touch with or cost a fortune. Simply Gourmet is a devoted team that puts so much effort into creating a flawless event at a very reasonable cost. We could not be more satisfied with the food & service that Simply Gourmet provided for our Locust Grove wedding!

Katelyn · Married on 06/24/2017

Mike and his team at Simply Gourmet are amazing! From the first meeting my husband and I had with Mike, we knew he had to cater our wedding, and would do an incredible job. Mike seems very passionate about his job and about food, and it shows. Mike was very responsive and flexible whenever we had any questions or wanted to make changes to our menu. Our wedding was held at Locust Grove Estate, and Mike reassured us that he had catered at that venue many times, so we knew we could trust him and his team to do an amazing job. All of our food was delicious, and we received rave reviews from our guests... people are still talking about the pies!!! Additionally, my husband and I found that Simply Gourmet's prices were extremely affordable, and with the quality of their work and their delicious food, we are beyond happy that they catered our wedding. We also love how Mike uses local and fresh ingredients when possible, and he even used a few local wines and beer for our bar service. Thank you again to Mike and his incredible team at Simply Gourmet!