Simply Classic Events Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2019 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2018 Winner

• Amanda
    Amanda F. Married on 07/18/2020

Elopement made possible b/c of Shelby.

You really are the best wedding planner in San Diego. We postponed our big wedding date due to covid, and last minute decided to elope. That wouldn’t be possible without Shelby. She helped me find a dress rental, and a tux for my husband, hair, makeup, photography and video. She planned it all. She even did florals herself!! They were amazingly beautiful. I cherish and respect Shelby beyond words. I am amazed what she was able to pull off in so little time. Thank you from the bottom of my whole heart for all that you’ve done for me. This is a day we will remember for the rest of our lives, and you’ve been by my side for all the good and the bad and the tears and joy and sadness. Hoping everything goes to plan next year, and we are able to have the big wedding of my dreams. Thank you x infinity. Xoxo
  • Scarlett
    Scarlett R. Married on 11/08/2019

Would recommend!

Shelby is a friend of ours and she made our wedding day one we wouldn’t forget!❤️
  • Meghan
    Meghan L. Married on 07/21/2019

Best vacation ever!!

Wow....words can’t truly describe the experience my friends I had with Shelby and Simply Classic travels! Our trip to Cabo was perfect. Our group of friends is extremely indecisive and they wanted the Creme de le Crème of all vacations! Shelby was incredibly professional and organized. Shelby created an itinerary full of fun activities that our whole group enjoyed! Safe to say I will be hiring Shelby again! Thank you Shelby!!
    Danica L. Married on 05/10/2019

The BEST for a type-A bride

Shelby and her team were simply amazing! Shelby went above and beyond throughout the whole wedding planning process. I always had so many questions that I bombarded her with and she was SO FAST at responding and patient with me every step of the way. I’m the type that needs everything to be perfect and she helped bring that perfect vision to life. She made me feel so comfortable with all my decisions since price was definitely my biggest concern. She also gave me advice on where to cut corners and what other ideas I could go with to make my wedding look amazing without having an extravagant budget. If you’re anything like me and NEED strive for perfection, Shelby’s your gal! She has amazing taste and will never put together anything she wouldn’t want for herself.
    Emily B. Married on 04/04/2019

Dream Team!!!

I cannot even express how wonderful Simply Classic Events is! Shelby and Taylor were so creative with the design of our venue launch party, so detailed with the planning and coming up with things I never even thought of, so on top of it with vendor communication ensuring everyone was on the same page, and so responsive with me putting me at ease with the whole process. And they were so much fun to work with! I highly recommend these guys!!!

Simply Classic Events's reply:

Thank you so much Emily, it was amazing working with you and assisting in bringing your vision to life! The Launch party was an amazing success!

Shelby
    Jacqui Married on 10/20/2018
    Shelby was recommended to us via our florist after our previous coordinator ended up not working out. This was about a month before our wedding, and she never missed a beat. Shelby dove right into our layout, timeline, and all the logistics to make everything run smoothly. We were on edge from our experience with the previous coordinator, but Shelby always made us feel assured and confident. She not only brought our wedding vision to life, she added details and provided guidance that enhanced the whole event. There were a few tiny tiny things that popped up during the wedding and she handled them with ease and competence. We didn't have to worry about a thing the day of the wedding and that peace of mind was truly invaluable to us. We couldn't have asked for more, or been happier. She's a true professional, and a very lovely person to work with. Thank you for everything Shelby!!

Simply Classic Events's reply:

It was a pleasure to be your planner! Thank you for trusting our team with your wedding day! Sending you a lifetime of love and happiness!
    Jessica Married on 09/01/2018

Wedding planner/coordinator

Shelby with Simply Classic Events was amazing. She was always available and went above and beyond to help me find things in my budget. She even came to my house the day before the wedding and loaded up her car with some of the decorations. She always gave me her honest opinion with all of the details. My family and wedding party can be wild at times and she was able to take control and get through the rehearsal in a timely manner. Not only was she professionally, but she was so fun to plan wedding with. I definitely recommend her for any classy fun event.

Simply Classic Events's reply:

Thank you so much Jess! it was so much fun planning your special day and I can wish you & Jordan nothing more than a life long happiness ! Sending you all the love!

XO
    Stevie Married on 02/10/2018
    Not the bride, but felt I should write a review because of how pleased I was with Simply Classic Events. As the Matron of Honor for my cousin's wedding, I was expecting to take care of all the little details and run errands for her.. whatever she might need, but that wasn't the case at all because of Shelby's excellent service. With a destination wedding you would expect a few hiccups along the way.. if that was the case you would never know it because Shelby took care of everything. She was there to help with every little detail. My cousin was calm the entire time, knowing she could depend on Simply Classic Events to take care of everything. Shelby was even able to upgrade the table cloths for the reception which made it so special for Vanessa and Ted. She really goes above and beyond for her clients. The wedding and reception were absolutely gorgeous and there were so many small details that Shelby planned that made it personal to the bride and groom. I can't say enough goos things about Shelby and Rainn. If I wasn't already married I would use them for my own wedding. I will definitely recommend them to anyone I know planning a special event. Thank you Shelby and Rainn for making Vanessa and Ted's wedding so special!
    Vanessa Married on 02/10/2018
    ONE HAPPY BRIDE! I hired Shelby for my destination wedding in Cabo San Lucas, Mexico and that was the best decision I had ever made. She was so helpful from day one. She not only negotiated the best prices for our budget but also got us upgrades at no charge. She is simply magical with what she does. We told Shelby that my husband had high end clients coming in from all over and we defiantly had to impress them, she told us not a problem and boy did she come through with that. Everyone was so impressed with the wedding Shelby had put together. She defiantly is the cream of the crop when it comes to wedding planning. I recommend her to anyone who wants a wedding to remember!
    Megan Married on 11/14/2017
    There is soooo much I can say about Shelby and her amazing team!! We got married in Puerto Vallarta, and it was the best wedding we could EVER imagine. We all know that destination or any wedding are not the easiest to plan... But with Shelby, she made it so simple and carefree!! She went ABOVE and BEYOND for our wedding. She was the boss of the resort they let her take control of everything, and we literally showed up to the best vacation and wedding we could ever ask for! Her helping us with the hotel and the few bumps we had in the road.... made it seem like nothing bad ever happened! I 1000% recommend Shelby and her team for any wedding or celebration for you! You will never regret that decision!
    Thank you so much Shelby we love you and will always be so grateful for all you have done!!!!!!!!
    Rachel Married on 09/30/2017
    I recently had an event planned by Simply Classic Events and was blown away by Shelby - she really has a knack for organization and attention to detail. The event was beautiful, ran seamlessly, and the best part - I got to actually enjoy the day without having to worry about the little details. It was all taken care of and so many of my guests complimented me on how smoothly it ran! I was so happy with how it turned out, but I really couldn't take any of the credit. I will definitely be booking my next event with Simply Classic Events. The best!
    Debi Married on 09/22/2017
    Shelby and her team.. what can I say?! SOO Amazing! 5 star service all the way. I had the month of package and it was perfect for us! She helped with every little detail, I didn't have to worry about a thing. She was awesome in giving me a heads up when I had to do cake cutting and father daughter dance, which I know sounds silly but that was super helpful. You get so overwhelmed and its nice that someone is there to advise you of when things will be happening. It keeps you in the loop but still have time to enjoy yourself throughout everything! I would definitely recommend her to any bride getting married. Thanks Shelby!
    Cheryl Married on 09/16/2017
    What a wise choice we made in Simply Classic Events! Working with Shelby was a dream.... she pulled off a flawless, incredibly beautiful wedding at the most beautiful venue "The Dana" on Mission Beach. Every detail leading up to the special day was handled professionally by Shelby, her suggestions added remarkable touches, even the last minute props such as club seating and market lighting were added without a single bump in the road. Thank you Shelby and Simply Classic Events for your 5 star handling of our families special day!!!
    Jamie Married on 09/16/2017
    I would honestly give Shelby 10 stars if I could!! We worked together for a year and half and she was super attentive and answered any and all questions super quickly. She introduced me to the best vendors I could have asked for and my wedding turned out absolutely perfect! I received tons of compliments about her from guests, because she was not only there for me, but for everyone at the wedding. She brought my vision to life and our day seriously could not have been better! THANKS GIRL!!!
    Kelsey Married on 05/06/2017
    Shelby was amazing - she helped make my reception run smoothly and I recommend her to anyone looking for a wedding planner!
    Brittany Event on: 02/06/2017
    I have admired Shelbys work for years now and after getting to know her and working with her she has remained professional, friendly, and fun! She knows what her clients want, and she makes it happen! Her taste in decor is trendy, yet elegant, and she helps take the stress of "planning" off your plate. She will make you feel like a million bucks on your special day!
    Keegan Married on 10/07/2016

Amazing!

Shelby was amazing! She listens to exactly how you want your day to look and truly makes it come to life! She is so attentive to your vision and the details that you want and makes it happen. Plus shes a BOSS LADY and gets stuff done! It feels like we had to redo the seating arrangement a million times, but she was always ready and willing to start from scratch and make it work no matter what. She knows how stressful the wedding day can be for a bride and totally takes all of that weight off of your shoulders. I felt so at ease putting the day in her hands. And it all ran so smoothly!
    On top of everything, she's crazy nice and funny and just all around fun to be around. Book Simply Classic! You wont regret it!

Simply Classic Events's reply:

It was a pleasure being your planner, You and Carter are amazing and I wish you nothing more then happiness and love !

XOXO
    Selina Married on 10/03/2015
    STANDING FOR JOEY, LOVE SHELBY, SHE IS GREAT TO WORK WITH AND REALLY DOES NOW HOW TO MAKE AN EVENT COME OFF PERFECT.

SELINA MCNULTY
    Jenna Married on 10/03/2015
    Shelby helped us plan a fundraiser, we had over 300 people. Everything turned out better then we could have imagined! Shelby had so many contacts and great working relationships with so many vendors she was able to get us great deals, as we were trying to save as much money as possible to planning this event. She was so organized and gave us timelines of each auction happening, so everyone knew what was happening at all times. Anytime I had a question she immediately got back to me. I highly recommend using her.

Simply Classic Events's reply:

Thanks Jenna ! Hope Joey is doing well !!
    Andrea Married on 09/12/2015
    Shelby is simply the best wedding planner on this universe. Not only did we hire a wedding planner to make our lives easier for the wedding planning but also we build a strong friendship along the way. I had to make sure I took pictures with her on the day of the wedding and made her stay for the after party. She was there throughout the whole wedding planning journey and went above and beyond her job description (she made me golden pineapples on the day of the wedding because she knows I love pineapples!) She offered to attend meetings that weren't even mandatory for her to attend to make sure everything ran smoothly and to make the big day an extraordinary success. The planning part with Shelby made me happy and so excited for the big day. When I was stressed I reached out to her and she calmed my nerves. Shelby always had a solution to every problem or a brilliant idea to make the pool party wedding we had spectacular. I never knew that as the bride and groom that we could have so much fun, love, and happiness during the day of the wedding. This truly is because of Shelby and her leadership with our other vendors. Shelby and our photographer, Heather Elise were an amazing pair and I highly recommend them both. Shelby is a great leader, amazing friend, brilliant woman, classic, and has an amazing sense of charisma about her that makes any bride and groom feel like they had the wedding of a lifetime. I truly recommend Shelby at Simply Classic Events for your wedding planner. I will be working with Shelby for a lifetime, for our anniversary parties and our kid’s weddings one day. Thank you Shelby from the bottom of our hearts! - Mike and Andrea Dacey

Simply Classic Events's reply:

Thank you so much Andrea!!
    Melissa Married on 09/06/2015
    Shelby, at Simply Classic Events, was extremely helpful during my wedding planning process. She offered great ideas and went above and beyond by going to many vendor meetings with me. Shelby was always very professional and made my wedding day happen seamlessly. The day was so perfect and beautiful and We owe so much of that to her!

Thank you Melissa !
    Sabina Married on 07/04/2015
    Shelby is ABSOLUTELY AMAZING!!! Our wedding was seamless because of her and we couldn't imagine pulling it through without her! Shelby has given us great ideas for our wedding. One example (of the many) was to build a bridge over the pool and the wedding party to walk over it to get to the wedding arch. We did, and it turned out amazing! Additionally to helping us with the planning and layout of our wedding, our guests LOVED her and were very responsive to her directions. Shelby has a very friendly and positive attitude and it has been a pleasure to work with her. After our wedding planning experience, we consider Shelby our friend! She is AWESOME!

Simply Classic Events's reply:

Thank you SO much Sabina! It was a pleasure to be a part of your and Ryan's special day and can't wait for future Farr parties!!
    Sarah Married on 01/15/2014
    Shelby was beyond amazing! I cannot say enough wonderful things about her, no request was too big. I had no idea what I really wanted but with a few pictures And conversations Shelby got everything more perfect than I could have ever imagined. On the big day i had zero stress because she took care of absolutely everything! I cannot reccomend Shelby enough!

Simply Classic Events's reply:

Thank you so Much Sarah I hope you and Carl are enjoying every moment of life together !!

xo
    Liz Married on 06/02/2018
    Shelby and her team are amazing to work with. Shelby was out day of planner for my son's Bar Mitzvah. I had a attended a Bart Mitzvah nearly 2 years ago that she did, she was so calm, cool and collected, but in charge. The first time I spoke to her, she said her job was to take all of the stress off of me! Well, she did just that. Not all is she competent and so easy to work with, but she thought of creative things that I had not considered and made them happen (a donut wall, extra decor on theme). When I handed over everything to Shelby 10 days before the event, I felt confident that she would execute my vision. And she did. I was able to thoroughly enjoy myself knowing that Shelby and her team were leading the organization and flow of the event. I have already asked Shelby to help for my younger son's Bar Mitzvah in 3 years! WE LOVE HER!