167 Reviews for Simple Elegance Wedding & Event Planners

Budget Analysis (5)
Partial Planning (4)
Rehearsal Dinner (3)
Non-Religious (1)

Holly was an absolute delight to work with! From our first meeting she put us at ease and joyfully guided us through the wedding planning process. Each month she gave us different tasks to complete so no month was too overwhelming. She listened to all of our desires and guided us to appropriate vendors for our wedding day. Holly was also fantastic at helping me communicate my vision for my wedding. I showed her a few Pinterest inspiration pictures and she was able to put all of my details together and communicate them to vendors. She was always available for advice or questions during our planning process. The amount of "behind the scenes" work she did communicating with vendors and putting together the wedding weekend itinerary is incredible and helped ensure our day flowed smoothly. The week of our wedding we only had to worry about spending time with family and friends because Holly was putting together the last minute details and setting up our items at the venue.

The day of the wedding Holly was accompanied by two wonderful assistants. Everyone was delightful and one person was always available if I needed any assistance, such as helping take off and put my veil away or getting me water and a quick snack. They discreetly and gently guided us through our wedding day so we could focus on welcoming guests and spending time with each other. I never once had to worry about the itinerary for the day or what I needed to be doing, I could truly live in the moment by having Holly and her team direct us through the day.

I am so thankful we used Simple Elegance for our wedding planning needs. They were always gracious, welcoming and helpful in planning our big day! I could not imagine my wedding day without Holly with us helping to ensure everything was beautiful and ran smoothly. My wedding went above and beyond my expectations thanks to Simple Elegance!

Profile Picture Lindsay, 10/28/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

I think that these women should have statues erected in their honor, because they have changed the face of what it means to get married. Megan and Kindra brought so much professionalism, expertise, counsel, guidance, and grace to planning our wedding and making it perfect. We had questions about the weather on the day of the event--something we couldn't control-- but Megan took matters into her hands and coordinated with the space to accommodate a possible rainstorm. We were able to have the ceremony outside as we planned, but her wise planning allowed us to dance and party with the band indoors while it thundered and rained outside. It just made it that much better. We had people in our ceremony with special needs, and she helped us to rehearse until everything was perfect. Vendors were looked after, the wrong silverware was replaced with the right silverware, the seating chart was honored, she was there when we needed her, and without her our wedding would have not been what it was. I'm convinced about this. She made our wedding fantastic from beginning to end. Our highest recommendation to the event planners at Simple Elegance.

Profile Picture Joly, 9/16/17, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

We worked with Lisa Forbes and would recommend her to anyone, both for local and out of town weddings. Lisa is professional, meticulously organized and very responsive. She was on top of our wedding from day one. She helped us manage the stress of last minute changes due to weather issues so that we could still have our perfect wedding. Thanks, Lisa!

Profile Picture Robert, 9/16/17, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

My husband and I had the opportunity to work with Lisa for an entire year planning the PERFECT outdoor barn wedding - in August in Missouri... With the majority of my family being from out of town, planning a wedding without any help seemed very daunting for me. After our first meeting with Lisa, I knew with her by my side, the planning process was going to be a breeze. My then fiance and I met with Lisa once a month for the year leading up to our wedding and she helped us accomplish literally every detail. Lisa was always so easy to reach and so willingly to help and answer any question we may have had. With this being the first wedding in both of our families, neither my husband or I really knew a ton about the wedding planning process or wedding etiquette. Lisa is very knowledgeable on all aspects of the wedding planning process and helped us to plan the perfect day by looking at all aspects of the day. She helped us to ensure that everyone from the guests, our families, the vendors, and most importantly, us, were all accounted for on the day of. With our wedding being mainly outdoor in August in Missouri, we really wanted to do the best we could to make sure everyone was comfortable and Lisa helped and reassured us immensely. We are so thankful for all of her help, and couldn't recommend Lisa and the Simple Elegance team more!!

Profile Picture Emily, 8/19/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

Lisa and Simple Elegance were amazing! We had no idea what we wanted to do and she was able to help us with every part of our wedding. She learned what we were most interested in and tailored her recommendations to what we'd like so that we didn't have to waste time with venues or vendors that we weren't interested in. We were able to stay on track and on time, and come wedding day we just had to show up! Everything went perfectly and neither of us had to stress a bit. We might not be getting married again, but we'd recommend Simple Elegance if its your turn to tie the knot!

Profile Picture Phil, 6/24/17, 4 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

We just had our wedding in Kansas City, MO June 10, 2017 and our wedding planner was Lisa Forbes. We planned our wedding from Florida, so I wanted to make sure we got the best of the best to put us at ease during our 15 months of planning. We couldn't have been more at ease during the entire process.
Lisa was always extremely prepared for our monthly phone meetings and always very detailed in every aspect of the wedding planning. She would answer any silly question we had, even though we likely already knew the answer, she still always took the time to assure us everything was okay and in line or already done (usually it was already done). When it came to picking vendors (DJ, Florist, Cake, Photography, Catering, Invitations, Venue, Decor, etc...) she gave us several options to choose from and always gave us her honest opinion on each depending on our own unique personalities, budget and style we we had visioned for our wedding.
Lisa is extremely knowledgable on all the wedding etiquette; "the do's, don'ts and shoulds"...which was very helpful. She met absolutely every expectation we had set for planning a wedding, let alone, planning a wedding from Florida. She is good with the small details (and the big, of course), but things we don't even think about, the logistics, the time lines, everything. She nailed it.
Our wedding day could not have went any smoother. Having Lisa and her team along our side the entire duration of the day, from 10am - midnight, put everyone at ease. I had mentally prepared for at least one thing to not go as planned, but I can confidently say not one thing went wrong. The day was exactly how we had envisioned and all of our work (and of course Lisa's) came to life. It was the most beautiful day and wedding and we will FOREVER be grateful for Lisa landing in our lives. Her fun/witty personality, incredible work ethic and being so detail oriented and organized was a true blessing and something we'll always be thankful we invested in.

Profile Picture User6163317, Recently Married, 4 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning
Services Used: Budget Analysis, Day-Of Coord., Event Design, Full Planning, Timelines, To-Do Lists, Referrals, Ceremony, Reception, Non-Religious

Holly Davidson was an absolute dream to work with! Being the first of three girls in my family, we weren't familiar with the process of how to plan a wedding, so we were highly recommended to call Holly. We are so fortunate we had Holly with us throughout the wedding planning process.
She was so professional in every aspect of her job and I am so lucky we were able to work with her. She handled every situation with patience and grace. She has your best interest and makes sure you are comfortable and content with every decision. We loved working with her and miss seeing her every month!

Profile Picture Anna, 6/10/17, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Holly made our wedding planning and day stress free. From our first meeting on what we wanted to the last dance Holly was there helping out. She provided ideas, venues and vendors for us to choose from. With our wedding guest list being 300+ and the groom's family being from out of town we were grateful for her suggestions and guidance to make our wedding day the perfect day for us.

Profile Picture Hannah, 5/27/17, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning
Services Used: Ceremony, Reception, Event Design, Full Planning, Timelines, To-Do Lists, Referrals, Religious

Words can’t even express how grateful I am to have worked with Holly Davidson. She was the most professional, organized and patient wedding coordinator. There wasn’t anything to stress about because she always kept us on track, was prepared for every meeting and her attention to detail was spot on. I looked forward to our meetings because Holly is so fun to be around and has the sweetest personality.

Holly has very strong relationships with a ton of vendors and was able to get us in touch with a lot of them quickly. She provided a lot of good suggestions without forcing her opinion on you…she wanted everything to be my decision, which I appreciated. In the beginning, I sort of knew what I wanted…but had a hard time explaining. She wanted everything to be unique to us as a couple and really helped me develop the wedding of my dreams. The wedding perfectly reflected our relationship.

She always had a great advice such as proper etiquette for invitations and escort cards, tipping vendors, and was upfront and realistic when it came to our budget. She would advise if she thought something was worth it based on the expense and we really appreciated that. I also utilized her company Holly and Ivy Gifts and Events for my welcome gifts at the hotel for out of town guests. Holly and Kristin made that process completely stress free and if you want one less thing to worry about, I strongly recommend using them!

I was literally able to just show up to my wedding and not worry about a single thing. If anything went wrong, I never even heard about it because she had everything under control. She put together an awesome schedule of events for the entire bridal party and family so everyone knew what to expect and where to be at what time. The wedding turned out dreamier than I could have ever imagined...I was completely blown away. Absolutely top notch service – Holly truly became a friend over our year of planning together and I hope to keep in touch!

Profile Picture Linda, 4/8/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

Working with Lisa was an absolute joy. I will never forget the amount of anxiety we had being a newly engaged couple and finding Lisa was the best decision we've ever made!! She instantly relieved every ounce of stress I had the moment I first met with her. She was always so organized and prepared for each meeting. Being an out of town bride was one of my biggest concerns planning wise, but she truly made herself available whenever we needed her and was in constant communication with us. Lisa did a wonderful job giving us vendor referrals, helping us pick the best of the best photographers, band, florist, etc. She was such a huge help in figuring out our transportation schedule and logistics of what would make the day flow perfectly. All of the credit goes to Lisa and her team for the weekend flowing so smoothly. I honestly can say I did not worry for a single moment about one detail the day of the wedding. I couldn't believe how much FUN our wedding was, I truly had the best night of my life. And I think our parents, family and all the guests would 100% agree! All of the meetings and months of planning and prep were completely worth it. We couldn't have done it without her!!

Profile Picture User7855924, 1+ year ago, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Holly Davidson and Kristin were one of the smartest decisions we made during the planning of our daughter's wedding. I will never forget one of the first questions Holly asked at our first meeting 6 weeks prior to the wedding. That being "what is bothering you or stressing you?" After we told her the couple of things that were causing angst she just took them on right there on the spot. We never had to deal with the problems again. They disappeared. When we left the first appointment my daughter (the bride) said, "I feel so much better and calmer about things." That is what it is all about when hiring a planner and that is exactly what Holly and Kristin did. Their attention to detail and flow was precise and they were never overbearing but behind the scenes they never stopped moving or doing. They present a calmness that everything is going to go smoothly and interact with all vendors, families, priests, etc. in a courteous and professional manner. The day couldn't of gone any better and we were able to achieve a weekend we and the bride and groom will never forget.

Profile Picture Gini, 11/5/16, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Where do I begin?? Planning our wedding over the past 14 months with Holly Davidson has been so enjoyable and so fun! At every monthly meeting, she was always so organized and prepared. Holly did a great job giving us vendor referrals, from picking the photographer, the florist, the band, etc. She took the time to learn what was important to us, reviewing every “new” idea we came up, considering every “little detail” we felt important to incorporate, while helping us set our priorities and working within our budget. Appreciate her ability to communicate with every vendor so professionally and timely. She has a unique ability to keep the bride, the mother of the bride, the groom, and wedding party all informed and at ease.
The planning wasn’t even the half of it! The Wedding day was nothing short of perfect. All the credit goes to Holly and her team for everything flowing so smoothly. It is very telling when I could truly enjoy the wedding day, knowing right when she showed up, she had it all under control. Knowing how much fun we had at our wedding, how much fun our parents, family, and all our friends had… all the planning, and months of preparation were completely 100& worth it. I will miss our monthly meetings, eating too many bowls of popcorn and snack mix, while chatting “wedding”, because she is that amazing!!

Profile Picture User5355216, 1+ year ago, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning
Services Used: Ceremony, Reception, Day-Of Coord., Event Design, Partial Planning, Timelines, Referrals

Holly Davidson with Simple Elegance is the ultimate professional and most inspirational wedding planner with regards to the overall Wedding event and personal preferences! From my perspective as Mother of the Bride, she understood the challenge of our daughter and now husband living in Dallas and traveling frequently and organizing the wedding here in KC. She did this over the past year flawlessly!
Holly understood the feeling they wanted to capture and recommended vendors whom met that vision and the personalities of the Bride and Groom. Her rapport with every vendor is one of utmost respectability and pride to work with Holly! She eased the communication between myself and the Bride and Groom over the miles by constant availability by monthly meetings, telephone calls, emails, image sharing and never missed an opportunity to callback or just a note of continued reassurance.
As the year unfolded. her attention to detail was unmeasurable and she always kept the entire Wedding Party, especially the Bride and Groom, vendors, Parents and guests informed.
The magical evening of a soft, romantic and elegant Wedding was beyond perfection and I know it was all possible with the calm and strategic guidance of Holly Davidson and her love to capture the feelings of the moment! Every guest left with that same feeling and the Bride and Groom....well they were floating on a cloud of love and happiness as it should be! Thank you Holly Davidson and the support of the entire Simple Elegance team!

Profile Picture Lori, 9/10/16, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

First, find all of the wedding planners with experience in your geographical area. Then narrow your list based on reviews. Read about all of them, in detail. Then choose Holly Davidson with Simple Elegance. She is "simply" the best! She came recommended from one of our best friends. I was one of her bridesmaids and had an intimate experience with the details. It was truly beautiful; better coordinated than I ever could've imagined.
We had moved 5 hours away from Kansas City, where my now husband and I originally met in medical school. A wedding coordinator was a must, as we are both very busy with our out-of-town jobs. Holly jumped right in. She started slowly one year from the wedding date letting us take our time with deciding our overall plan (number of guests, venues, hotel choice). Closer to the wedding date, we had more frequent phone calls discussing the details and the vendors. As an out-of-towner relatively unfamiliar with local wedding vendors, Holly gave us a list of 3-5 companies she highly recommended to help guide of choices. She never led us astray. She clearly has a close, well-established relationship with all the best vendors in the Kansas City area. There was even a major hotel issue on the wedding weekend and not only did she address their mistake but she made for even better arrangements.

Holly is positive, flexible, enthusiastic, patient, and accommodating. Holly has an incredible ability to remain nonintrusive yet always present. We never had to look for her. Most importantly, she is genuinely interested in making the wedding day (or weekend) exactly what you want it to be. We could not recommend her or Simple Elegance more highly, especially for out-of-towners looking for the inside connection to the KC wedding scene.

Thank you Holly and Simple Elegance for an unforgettable wedding weekend.

Profile Picture Megan, 9/3/16, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

When we were deciding whether or not to use a wedding planner, my husband didn't think we needed one, and thought we would do everything ourselves. At the end of the reception, my husband told Lisa "Wow, I was wrong. You were incredibly helpful, and helped make this a great event!" I definitely agree, and truly appreciate the help and support Lisa offered us!

Profile Picture User7111158, 1+ year ago, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Lisa was INCREDIBLE! Wedding weekend wouldn't have been the success it was without her. At first we didn't know if we needed the additional help but it completely freed myself (and my parents!) to just sit back and truly immerse ourselves in the fun and festivities of the wedding weekend. Couldn't have been happier across all touchpoints with Simple Elegance and Lisa :)
Kristin (Simpson) Bohlke

Profile Picture Kristin, 8/6/16, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Lisa was FABULOUS. Such a calm, comforting presence for this out of town type A bride. Our day ran so smoothly, our guests had an amazing time, and best of all- I got to be fully present and focus on my marriage to my groom, rather than the details of my wedding day. Best money we spent during this process!

View Vendor Response
Profile Picture Erin, 7/16/16, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Holly was absolutely fabulous and one of my favorite parts of our wedding planning process. I looked forward to each of our meetings and/or phone calls together because she is just so much fun to be around! As an out of state bride, I always knew that she would handle the things that I wasn't able to get to (or just didn't want to spend the time doing on my short trips home). It was such a help throughout the process to have Holly's calming influence and second opinion- although she only gave it when she knew I desperately was seeking her advice.

Holly is incredibly organized and made sure our wedding was seamless and everything we could have ever dreamed. She took so much of the pressure off of my parents, husband, and myself, and we were able to just relax and enjoy the weekend. I would recommend Holly to anyone and everyone - she is not only a wonderful wedding planner, but just a great presence to have around and an example to learn from.

Profile Picture Kathryne, 6/25/16, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Lisa helped make my daughter's wedding the dream wedding she always wanted. Lisa's attention to detail, organization, guidance, input, professionalism were all qualities that made it so easy to work with her during the months and days leading up to the wedding. It took a lot of pressure off my husband and I having Lisa there the day and night of the wedding until the very end. I would highly recommend using Lisa. She made my role as Mother of the Bride so much easier and less stressful.

Profile Picture Nicole, 6/18/16, 1 Review
Services Used: Ceremony, Reception

We worked with Lisa Forbes on our wedding this past June. I could not have imagined going through the planning process and all the way through the day of the wedding without her. She took away all the stress and worries. Lisa was always on time or early to all our meetings, rehearsal dinners, day of wedding, etc. She made us feel so comfortable every step of the way. She understood just how special this day was to myself, my husband, my family and all our guests and made sure everything went smoothly so we could enjoy. Lisa was worth every single penny and then some! I highly recommend her, you will not be disappointed!

Profile Picture nicole, 6/18/16, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

I worked with Lisa Forbes at Simple Elegance. She was a HUGE blessing and helped me have the BEST weekend of my life! My wedding turned out better than what I even imagined and all credit goes to Lisa.

Although I'm originally from Kansas City, I was planning my wedding from West Virginia. Couple the distance with my type-A/OCD personality, I really needed someone who was super organized and very knowledgeable about wedding vendors and the entire wedding process. Lisa was all of those things and more. She helped me solidify the venue, caterer, florist, wedding cake, photographer, videographer, band, etc. If there were any problems or if any of the vendors did not follow through in a timely manner, Lisa was willing and quick to resolve it. She was very helpful, accommodated all of my crazy demands, organized and extremely professional. In addition, she provided a super detailed schedule for the wedding party, family and friends, and out of town guests. Everyone was very impressed with her and the wedding!

In sum, the weekend was flawless and the day of the wedding was stress free! I could not have asked for a better wedding planner.

Profile Picture Sylvia, 5/28/16, 5 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

We couldn't have done this without Lauren. She was our day-of coordinator and assembled the place cards, guest book table, and candy bar. She made sure everyone in the wedding party knew where to be and when. She always had a quick response time no matter what question I had asked. She did an excellent job contacting all and coordinating all of our vendors and making sure everyone had the same plan.

Profile Picture Ashley, 5/21/16, 6 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning
Services Used: Reception, Day-Of Coord., Event Design, Timelines, To-Do Lists, Referrals

Where to begin? I cannot say enough amazing things about Holly and the team at Simple Elegance. We met far in advance of the wedding and from day 1 she was incredibly professional, on the ball, and so wonderful to get along with. The services she provided for the wedding coordination were above and beyond in every way. As the wedding approached, she and her team took everything off my plate. I'm not sure if I forgot after meeting her over 1 year before the wedding or what, but when the final weeks started ticking away and we she was in touch with each and every vendor multiple times confirming everything from payment, to start time, and so much more, I was blown away. She creates an extensive timeline and newsletter that is distributed to the wedding party and anyone who needs it. This is incredibly effective in streamlining and making sure everyone is on the same page.

I had a very specific vision of what I wanted our wedding to look like and I booked the majority of our wedding vendors, but Holly executed my vision seamlessly. Working with Holly and Simple Elegance was by far one of the best decisions I made. I knew I wouldn't have trouble picking things out and making decisions along the way, but as things neared the wedding date things get rather crazy with everyone needing a quesiton answered; it was so incredibly helpful to be in the moment and not worrying about the details, Holly and her team took care of all of that. Holly and her team are incredibly professional and solved any issues that came up - I couldn't even tell you if there were any, which is all a bride can ask for :) My absolute highest recommendation!

Profile Picture Kelsi, 5/14/16, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning
Services Used: Religious, Ceremony, Reception, Day-Of Coord., Timelines, To-Do Lists, Referrals

Holly Davidson was top notch! The wedding day was everything we imagined because of her attention to detail and taking full charge of the wedding details. We were able to relax and enjoy the day because she was there, worth every penny! She has the experience, knowledge and organization to run any size wedding/reception. Holly has a good rapport and working relationship with vendors making the planning process less stressful. At the end of the day we feel Holly was one of the most important vendors that we hired for our wedding, thank you Holly!

Profile Picture Judy, 5/7/16, 1 Review