Simple + Sultry Reviews

Simple + Sultry 6
Simple + Sultry 7
  • Cate

Cate Minall · Married on 09/13/2019

Talia and team are AMAZING - made me feel my best

Booking Talia and Simple+Sultry for my wedding day was THE BEST DECISION! From the very start, Talia was communicative, caring, and so professional. For our trial, she worked with my very vague suggestions to create a beautiful look - better than I could have imagined. Following our trial, she made planning SO easy - she sent timelines, pre-planned schedules, and suggestions for how long we should plan for, how many artists we should use, and generally made things so incredibly easy on me. Talia’s team, Rie and Rebecca, for my wedding day, were INCREDIBLE. They somehow managed to do hair and makeup for ten people without batting an eye. They were a joy to spend the day with and fit right into our group. I was absolutely floored by how well they tailored their styles to the preferences of each girl, creating such varied but all stunning looks. Talia skillfully made tweaks to both my hair and makeup when I decided on small changes from our trial, and she asked for my input several times throughout the process to ensure I was thrilled with my look. My makeup, despite sweating SO MUCH while dancing, was still flawless over twelve hours later when I arrived home, and Talia styled my hair in such a way that even the windy day and hours of dancing barely made a dent. I would absolutely recommend Talia and her team to anyone, especially if they want to look like the most beautiful version of themselves - but still look like themselves. THANK YOU TALIA, REBECCA, AND RIE!

Sent on 09/15/2019
  • Katie

Katie · Married on 09/01/2019

amazing hair and makeup stylist

Talia, did my hair and makeup for my wedding. I loved it! She did a great job was patient and fixed anything I didnt like. Also leading up to the wedding she was responsive and flexible when I needed to change things. I would definitely hire her again.

Sent on 09/23/2019

Jenny · Married on 08/23/2019

Amazing work and personable - highly recommend!

Talia was by far one of my most favorite vendors to work with! Always quick to respond and full of sweet enthusiasm - you can really tell she loves her work and takes a genuine interest in every bride she works with. I had a trial with another makeup artist where I felt like the style I wanted just fell on deaf ears, but with Talia she happily kept refining and tweaking until it actually looked just like what I was envisioning! My MOH and I also had so much fun chatting with and getting to know her. Both her hair and makeup skills are superb, and I would recommend her to anyone in a heartbeat! Prior to the wedding day, Talia was also so organized and buttoned up - with schedules and forms lined up - which was extremely appreciated by a bride who wasn't working with a planner. On the day, she and her crew rolled in and pulled things off without a hitch - multiple people from my wedding party mentioned it was the most legit production they had ever seen! Thanks Talia for making me look and feel amazing on my wedding day!

Sent on 09/17/2019
  • Kassie

Kassie · Married on 07/06/2019

Hair and Makeup on Point

My wedding was in July in Brooklyn and let me tell you it was very hot and humid. My hair and makeup held up the whole day. My pretty diverse group of bridesmaids and my mother all looked so beautiful. Talia was very patient with our lack of vision and totally knew what to do when all I could give her for inspiration was pretty and natural. When I had a mini hair melt down a few weeks before the wedding she came to the rescue to ease my mind and even did a second trial. When my mom's spray tan lady cancelled on her last minute Talia accommodated us on the morning of the rehearsal dinner without skipping a beat. The spray tans are gorgeous and so natural looking and it lasted longer than I expected! I would 100% book her again. Thanks, Talia!!

Sent on 08/29/2019
    Simple + Sultry 8
    Simple + Sultry 9
    Simple + Sultry 10
  • Libby

Libby W · Married on 06/15/2019

Talia is the best!

After a good amount of research, I stumbled on Talia and I’m so glad I did! From her website, I could tell I’d like her, and that was solidified through our initial correspondence. She’s extremely professional, organized, and runs her business intelligently. Plus, she offers a discount if you’re in BKLYN!! I loved my hair and makeup after the trial and didn’t hesitate to lock her in. She was fantastic. I felt beautiful on my wedding day and my hair and makeup stayed perfect all night! There were 11 of us that got hair and/or makeup that day and we had 4 artists (including Talia) in, and it worked seamlessly. We stayed on schedule, everyone looked beautiful; I literally when no complaints!

Sent on 06/24/2019
    Simple + Sultry 11
    Simple + Sultry 12

Kelly Martinez · Married on 05/31/2019

Talia and team are true experts!!

I used Talia and her team for my wedding hair, sunless tanning, and bridesmaid hair/tan/makeup. Let me start off by saying that Talia was a complete PLEASURE to work with from start to finish. She is a true professional, and her execution was flawless! I started off by doing a hair trial and tan trial (separately) before booking her services. She was prompt, very accommodating when I had some scheduling conflicts, and she traveled to me (even during a bad thunderstorm)! She is so friendly, positive, and answers any and all questions you may have. I did my tan trial first, and she really knows what she’s doing! She has it down to a science. It was the best spray tan result I’ve ever had. It was even, natural-looking, and faded away gradually versus getting splotchy like other lesser quality spray tans do. It was so natural looking that when my bridesmaids saw it, many of them booked her for spray tan for my wedding and she was very accommodating with group pricing. Next I had my hair trial. I showed her a picture of what I wanted for 5 seconds and she did a beautiful job. When she’s done she is very good about asking you if you are happy or if there’s anything you would like to change. I think I made one small tweak at the time. My mother in law also ended up booking a trial with her and was very happy with the results. When it came to my wedding day, Talia did my hair and it was even more perfect then the trial. I was floored! It stayed in place all night, kept its curl perfectly, and looked amazing in all of our wedding photos. Her team that did my bridal party hair and makeup also killed it. Everyone looked absolutely stunning. I seriously can’t say enough great things about Talia and her team. If you are thinking about booking her for your wedding then do it now! You can thank me later :)

Sent on 06/18/2019
    Simple + Sultry 13
    Simple + Sultry 14
    Simple + Sultry 15

Peter M · Married on 04/27/2019

Highly Recommend!

Talia was an amazing artist to work with! I was very nervous about having my makeup and hair done in the trial period but she discussed everything she was doing and made me feel so comfortable that I trusted her professionalism for my wedding day. She provided affordable services for my hair and makeup plus hair styling for my bridesmaids. When I had a last minute change for my maid of honor she was very accommodating and very understanding. Everyone loved my makeup and hair on my wedding day and I did too! She had another stylist for my bridesmaids who was also as professional and created the style I wanted for them. I would highly recommend Talia as your wedding stylist guru because she will make you feel and look beautiful. Thank you Talia!

Sent on 06/09/2019
  • Sarah

Sarah · Married on 03/15/2019

Hire Talia ASAP!

There are not enough words to describe how perfect my experience with Simple & Sultry was! Talia did my hair & makeup for my trial and on my wedding day. During my trial, she was extremely professional, detail-oriented, and super fun! She listened to all of my concerns and did exactly what I was looking for. On the day of my wedding, I decided to go with a completely different hairstyle and she absolutely nailed it. Talia and her assistant, Nicoletta, were fantastic with all of my bridesmaids, relatives and my mother. Halfway through hair & makeup, we were forced to move to a different room in the hotel. I was about to freak out, but Talia and Nicoletta were SO calm, reassuring, and helpful and moved all of their equipment with smiles on their faces. They are ANGELS. Everyone was extremely happy with the results and my mother, who is extremely hard to please, would not stop showing off her perfect hair & makeup to anyone who would listen. The price is also amazing for the service you are getting. Talia was SUCH a pleasure to work with and if she wasn't a hair/makeup artist, I would hire her as my life coach. You are the best, Talia!

Sent on 06/21/2019
    Simple + Sultry 16
    Simple + Sultry 17
  • Alexandra

Alexandra D · Married on 02/02/2019

WOW! Amazing experience and results!

Thank you, Talia of Simple + Sultry! Talia really was the ideal hair and make-up artist for a wedding experience- she was timely, responsive, supportive, flexible, kind... and talented! I was so thrilled with my hair and make-up for my wedding. She truly brought my vision to life and I am so grateful. I would highly recommend her services!

Sent on 02/07/2019
    Simple + Sultry 18
  • Sari

Sari · Married on 11/09/2018

Pleasant & perfect !

Talia did my hair and my bridesmaids hair and make up with an assistant. Everything was amazing! Her rates are very reasonable, she was a pleasure to work with and she took her time to make sure I tried every possibly style I could think of during my trial for my wedding. Then I completely changed what I wanted and we discussed a different look over email. She was very accommodating and reassuring anytime I was nervous about something throughout the whole process. In the end she executed the style perfectly and I loved how I looked on my wedding day. Throughout the process I felt very confident and at ease with her. Highly recommend!

Sent on 12/14/2018
    Simple + Sultry 19
  • Alexa

Alexa · Married on 10/07/2018

Personable, affordable and talented!

Talia and her team saved the day! I have a lot of allergies to cosmetic products and Talia took the time to research and select makeup for me. She also came back for another trial when I wasn’t totally sure we’d gotten the look right (I didn’t know how to express what I wanted the first time). My hair trial knocked it out of the park! I was so incredibly happy on my wedding day - I felt and looked like myself but was ready for photos and happy tears. And I looked just as good 10+ hours later when the event was over. Hurray for Talia!!! She had just the right balanced and mellow energy to keep me calm as we got ready and handled my excitable family with grace.

Sent on 11/05/2018
  • Clarissa

Clarissa · Married on 09/28/2018

Go with Simple + Sultry!

From the makeup/hair trial to the actual wedding day, Talia has been nothing short of wonderful! She is very punctual, responsive, and just an all around great person. She listened carefully to what I wanted and was able to execute it even better than I imagined. Talia still made me feel like myself - not too much makeup, just enough to really highlight my feature. It was important to me that I still looked and felt like myself. She did such an amazing job with my bridesmaids' hair and mine as well. We were all in love with our makeup/hair. Thank you again for making us all look and feel beautiful! Will definitely recommend :-)

Sent on 10/24/2018

Nathalie Interiano · Married on 09/21/2018

Easy to work with and super professional

Talia and her team were wonderful. I did a trial with a few different artists and ended up choosing Talia because of her talent, but mostly because of how willing she was to listen to what I envisioned for the wedding and how she brought that to life. I ended up having a group of 13 women getting their hair and makeup done and Talia and her team did a great job getting every one done in time and they all looked lovely! This was one of the least stressful parts of the planing process and that in big part had to do with Talia's demeanor and organizational skills. 100% recommend.

Sent on 11/14/2018

Ariella · Married on 09/08/2018

Talia was a dream to work with. She did my hair and makeup for my wedding, as well as for my mother and sister/MOH. She was so patient with me throughout the entire process-- even when I decided to change my hairstyle after we settled on a look during the trial. She is uber talented and knows how to work with all types of hair and skin tones. And her makeup looks classy and not piled on! Thanks to Talia for being the best! I highly recommend her and will think of her when I need beauty help for future events.

Sent on 09/28/2018
    Simple + Sultry 20

Lindsay · Married on 08/18/2018

Wow! I have too many good things to say about Talia. She is incredibly professional, and truly catered to my and my bridal party's every need. She and her crew came to us on my wedding day and made everyone feel beautiful, executed hairstyles incredibly and really nailed the makeup style that each bridesmaid requested. They were fun and felt like they were old friends! She made it so my hair didn't fall out while I went crazy dancing literally all night. Definitely would recommend Talia for any occasion (and will be calling her when I need hair/makeup services again!).

Sent on 09/11/2018

erica · Married on 08/18/2018

Best Beauty Team

Talia and her team were a dream to work with. Talia's thoughtful, laidback style made the planning process of me and my bridesmaids effortless and stress-free. Everyone in my bridal party were over the moon with the results of our hair and makeup. On the day of the wedding, Talia and her team arrived early to set up, they were friendly and extremely professional. Communication was seamless throughout the process. Talia's prices were also fantastic! We loved her so much my sister even hired Talia for her own wedding a few months later.

Sent on 08/28/2019
  • Daniela

Daniela · Married on 05/19/2018

Talia did a beautiful job with my wedding make up.. super light and natural-looking.

During the trial, Talia listened to what I wanted and did a natural look. When I thought the big lashes and heavy mascara was too much, she gladly redid my lashes to something lighter. She did a great job covering my acne scars. She's always checking in with you.. like "is that enough coverage for you?" "is there anything you think needs work?". She took pictures after my trial and wrote everything down.. it was the exact same if not better during my actual day. Thanks Talia!

Sent on 06/01/2018
    Simple + Sultry 21

Marisa · Married on 03/17/2018

I have such thick hair, salons triple the cost and I still end up with a bad hairdo. Somehow, Talia tamed the beast! No one has ever made me feel prettier and no one has ever ever ever been able to curl my hair, let alone wrangle it into an updo! The makeup was beyond perfect. I asked for a smokey eye and that's exactly what I got; not raccoon eyes. Talia showed up early and was professional, courteous, and patient with me (and I know that isn't easy). She was also super attentive to cleanliness which is rare. I'll only be trusting her with my hair and makeup from now on!! I have not one bad thing to say about her services and can't wait for the next excuse to have her do my hair and makeup!

Sent on 04/22/2018
    Simple + Sultry 22

Julia · Married on 01/01/2018

I was the MOH at my best friends wedding, I hired this amazing woman for hair and make up.... Talia was on time and ready to go. She’s professional and exceedingly talented! I felt like a princess!

Sent on 03/03/2018
    Simple + Sultry 23

Christina · Married on 10/28/2017

Talia is an extremely talented makeup and hair artist. My wedding day started off incredible thanks to her. I was relaxed, at ease & confident in her & her work during my entire experience. I highly recommend her for any formal event

Sent on 03/09/2018
    Simple + Sultry 24

Lyz · Married on 09/03/2016

Working with Talia was an absolute pleasure. She was creative easy going and made a very stressful day much more enjoyable! You would book her now!!!!

Sent on 03/02/2018

Emilia · Married on 10/10/2015

I had Talia do my hair and make-up for my wedding in 2015. She is THE BEST. Would recommend her 150%. Talia heard my input as to what I wanted for my wedding and her execution was flawless.

Sent on 03/07/2018

Ana · Married on 10/10/2015

Talía did hair and makeup for my daughter’s wedding. As the mother of the bride, you also want to look nice and she accomplished this with a natural and chic makeup and updo for both my daughter and me. It was a long day and her work held well into the night. I could not have been happier. She’s so sweet and professional and makes you feel at ease. I would certainly recommend her for anyone’s special day.

Sent on 03/21/2018

Rachel · Married on 12/27/2014

Talia was amazing to work with! From the very first consultation to the final product I felt like she was really listening to my specific requests. She did my hair and makeup for my wedding. I wasn’t exactly sure what I wanted in the beginning and Talia had really great suggestions for what worked well with my specific hair and face. On the actual wedding day Talia was so comforting and adaptable not only to myself but the whole wedding party. On a day that can be rather stressful, one thing that I was completely confident about was the hair and makeup :) would use again!

Sent on 03/06/2018