Silver Falls Lodge & Conference Center Reviews

16 | Sublimity, OR

16 Reviews for Silver Falls Lodge & Conference Center

• Elyssa

Elyssa · Getting married on 10/03/2020

Exactly what I dreamed my wedding would be and everything more!

Lauren took us on our tour and was so incredibly informative, genuine and kind. She made our experience so effortless in her detailed breakdown and was so helpful every step of the way.

Sent on 04/30/2019

Silver Falls Lodge & Conference Center's reply:

Thank you for your kind words Elyssa. We look forward to helping create the perfect day for you and Kiara! -Lauren

Darrien Eckert · Married on 05/18/2018

Staff at Silver Falls were so accommodating and kind! I couldn’t have asked for a more wonderful venue or group to take care of my family and friends!

After searching for a unique spring venue, we were so pleased to find the Silver Falls lodge and Conference Center. Adrienne and her crew were wonderful and welcoming, making such a beautiful location all the more enjoyable!

Sent on 07/29/2019

Clinton · Married on 07/30/2017

We chose Silver Falls because we wanted an outdoor wedding experience and we could not have been happier. The staff was amazing and extremely helpful. The food was great and drinks were flowing! All of our guests had an fantastic experience and we received tons of compliments on the venue. I would recommend the park for anyone wanting an outdoor wedding!

Sent on 12/07/2017

Britt · Married on 04/08/2017

If you want a wedding in the midst of old-growth trees, with gorgeous waterfalls within walking distance, and miles of trails for your guests to explore, this place is for you. For our wedding, we rented out the entire conference center, including all the Lodges and Cabins on-site, which enabled us to have about 70 people sleep on-site all weekend, with delicious buffet breakfasts and dinners. I can barely begin to describe how amazing this location was. For photos, all we had to do was step outside and we were in natural beauty. We got married in April, and the cabins and dining halls were perfectly warm (despite the chilly, inclement weather) in both temperature and ambiance. We had many guests who had never been to Oregon and they were totally blown away by the beauty. Many of them now plan on coming back! We even had a guest get engaged after our wedding at one of the lovely waterfalls, which was truly touching. There was just so much love from everyone -- not only the guests, but also Chef Kirk (amazing food, amazing service, amazing kindness), Adrienne, Lauren, Grant, Carolina, and all the rest of the staff... our wedding weekend felt like one giant family party. Also, the staff are huge over-achievers, so they were VERY responsive to my calls and emails the entire time. Our guests of all ages and interests enjoyed themselves: the lodges were perfect for some of our younger guests who wanted to party together; for our nature-oriented guests, I arranged guided group hikes with Friends of Silver Falls (thank you, Ranger Kim!); and we had all types of locally-sourced, delicious food, even vegan options, to meet our guests varied food preferences. How I wish I could experience it all again! Thank you, Silver Falls Lodge and Conference Center, for the party of a lifetime!

Sent on 04/19/2017

Silver Falls Lodge & Conference Center's reply:

Wow! Thank you for taking the time to leave a review and for all of your kind words. It was such a treat for us to get to be a part of your special day. I hope the two of you will come see us again! Best wishes for a long and adventure-filled life together, Adrienne

Jillian · Married on 10/01/2016

The site is spectacular. The temperate rainforest makes for a spectacular wedding venue location. The staff here are truly exceptional. They are wonderful at communicating, warm, friendly, and highly professional. We had the best time at our wedding due largely to the work their team put in. Our guests raved about the food and we were able to spend quality time with our guests since we stayed over the full weekend. Had a great music jam with our friends for the after party! Highly recommended!

Sent on 10/06/2016

Silver Falls Lodge & Conference Center's reply:

Thank you for leaving us a review and for your kind words Jillian. The two of you were an absolute delight! Very best wishes for a long and adventurous life together and we hope you will come see us again! -Adrienne

Jerri · Married on 05/13/2015

Silver Falls is the perfect place for a wedding! The pricing is great, the staff is so helpful and amazing and the setting is absolutely gorgeous. They also have cabins on-site at competitive rates so you don't have to try to find a hotel in the area. They have meadows you can reserve for your outdoor ceremony but you can literally get married anywhere in the park as long as you're not blocking a trail. Our wedding was amazing!

Sent on 05/18/2015

Stay in contact with them almost daily , get all permits complete and go step by step

Sent on 09/25/2013
  • Aileen

Aileen · Married on 09/11/2011

The park officials were very helpful and flexible. The rates were extremely affordable and the area is gorgeous! I would absolutely recommend this as an "outside of the box" wedding venue to anyone who wants something a little more on the rustic side :)

Sent on 10/04/2011

Diane · Married on 07/16/2016

The team at Silver Falls is amazingly creative and accommodating, not to mention organized and helpful. They scheduled calls at every step of the way, keeping track of all the details and sending updated schedules. The venue itself had everything we wanted. Natural beauty, amazing catering, overnight accommodations, and great fun for all our guests. All our guests were in love with this venue, and so were we!

Sent on 08/08/2016

Silver Falls Lodge & Conference Center's reply:

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this review. The two of you were such a pleasure to work with and I'm thrilled to hear you wedding was everything you'd hoped for. Very best wishes, Adrienne

Jessica · Married on 11/13/2015

The prices for the ceremony and rehearsal locations are outstanding!

Sent on 03/27/2015

Carolyn · Married on 08/11/2018

Fabulous Outdoor Wedding Venue

Silver Falls was the perfect wedding venue! My husband and I wanted an outdoor wedding and somewhere our family and friends could gather and enjoy the beautiful scenery of the Pacific Northwest. These parameters were easily accommodated at Silver Falls Lodge and Conference Center. The lodging was plentiful and comfortable, and the food was super delicious! There's a huge lawn where guests can play lawn games in their free time, and trails to multiple waterfalls are easily accessible from the venue. We had the freedom to use our imaginations and create the ceremony and reception of our dreams, all under the guidance of Lauren, the wedding coordinator at Silver Falls. She was incredibly helpful, responsive, and supportive throughout the planning process and execution of our wedding. Many of our guests commented on what a great time they had, and several said it was the best wedding they had ever been to! I highly recommend Silver Falls as the ideal spot to celebrate your marriage!

Sent on 05/05/2019

3.5

We got married at the New Ranch in the park. It was a beautiful location! The only down side is it is a overnight facility so you can't check in until 4pm so it calls for an evening wedding but the view is amazing when the sun sets. We had about 70 people there and had plenty of room inside and out. Overall it was a breath taking place to get married.

Sent on 08/01/2012

If you are a bride who likes the outdoors, try this venue! We used the New Ranch as our venue site and some of us slept there in the bunks, some in nearby cabins and some in hotels in nearby silverton. It was beautiful scenery all to ourselves! It has a commercial kitchen that our caterer friend used. The only downside is showers are not located at the ranch, but it has bathrooms and everything else. One of the biggest pluses is it is so inexpensive you can save money for other things. The key is to reserve it 9 months ahead of time! You also have to make sure it is clean when checking out and they a very picky. We took amazing photos in the nearby scenery, I recommend the upper north falls trail, I could do it in my wedding shoes and you get right up to one of the falls! Everyone raved about what an awesome place it was!

Sent on 08/12/2013
  • W

Katie · Married on 10/05/2013

4.2

We reserved both the Old Ranch and New Ranch for our wedding. The price was AMAZING ($200 per building per night). There was plenty of room for all our guests and is a truly lovely (rustic) setting. They do not have any rules about food or alcohol, which was great. You are not allowed to have open flames (no real candles), but they do have large fireplaces inside where you can have a great big fire. I would highly recommend Silver Falls if you would like to have a vintage, rustic, or outdoorsy wedding!

Sent on 10/09/2013
  • Diane

Diane Kaminski · Married on 08/11/2019

1.8
      1.0
      1.0
      3.0

Poor communication and fairly complicated process

Quick Review:
    I would not recommend this venue unless you are paying for a full wedding planner who can deal with the venue when they don’t respond. If you do book this venue because of the beautiful location make sure you stay on top of them with your emails and phone calls.

Detailed Review:

Let’s start with the positives:

The venue is beautiful, if you want an outdoor wedding and reception this was perfect. If you love Silver Falls you will be able to go and take wedding photos at the falls this is a good venue for that. Their catering was good. The rooms were decent for cabins and it was really fun to hang out around the campfire with our closest friends and family after the reception wrapped up.

but you have to use their catering and it’s only beer and wine. In addition to using their catering you also have to fill a certain number of cabins depending on the day you choose to have your wedding.

Now onto the cons:

You have to pay for a certain number of rooms for the night of the wedding. The coordination of the cabins was a nightmare, you have to assign each one before people can call can reserve their rooms, or you have to put them on a purchase and have them pay you. With everything else going on with planning a wedding this was a lot more to juggle, though from our experience doing everything on the purchase was easier as long as you trust that your guests will pay you or you are ok covering the cost.

I said the food was good, but I was disappointed with how the price increased from when we were quoted to when we had to finalize everything for our wedding. Over all they added more options, but it was just more added cost only 1-2 months before the wedding. Also they only have beer and wine, not really a con for us but might be for some. The soda’s are included in the bar tab and they will try to get you to do “bottomless beverages” for the non alcoholic which is like punch, iced tea and virgin mojito, unless you know your guests will really drink this go with a by consumption amount for these, it cost us about half of what they would have charged us as the bottomless (reception of less than 90 people)

The communication was great during the quote process, they got back to us quickly and answered questions promptly. This quickly fell off after we signed our paperwork. For our 6 month meeting they had changed up coordinators and it took emailing the general info email to get someone to schedule it with us. At this meeting we were told that the “day of coordinator” was really a “catering coordinator” (heads up I see a few places on the internet that still say they provide a day of coordinator they DO NOT). Things seemed ok at this point, but they changed up the coordinators again before the 2 month meeting. These two meetings were essentially repeats of each other and after the 2 month meeting it took a month for them to send us the updated estimate with the new catering prices. This left us about 4 weeks to work out all the kinks, which probably would have been fine if they had responded to our first email promptly but it took a week and a half to answer our email and that was after calling and emailing the main info email which got the attention of someone higher up. We were still trying to get everything nailed down the day before we had to pay (2 weeks prior to the wedding). Because of all this hassle we did get the dance floor comped and the original quoted price for our sparkling toast ($4 a glass vs $6… more on that later). They also gave us some banquet tables for the bridal party instead of the picnic tables.

After all of this we were fairly nervous for the day of. When I arrived I met with the venue coordinator for a few minutes, and then I didn’t see her until just before we entered the reception. I did find out from some of my friends turned decorators that they banquet table for the bridal party and +1s didn’t have chairs until they asked, and when I arrived there were only 10 chairs when I specifically asked for 14 during the finalization phase and they said that wouldn’t be a problem. After that was settled we managed to get through dinner and to the hand passed sparkling toasts, which were really disappointing, like maybe a ¼ to ½ of a glass full (1-3 sips maybe) for each glass (these they are charging $4 a glass for…) I was also a little disappointed that they started cleaning everything up rather early, yes most of our guests had filtered out but the group that was spending the night was still there and it was only like 8-9 pm so they were cleaning up more than an hour before the end of their service.

A few little other irksome things: getting ready room was underwhelming, they provided little hand mirrors and one large mirror, but my bridesmaids took to the large mirror in the bathroom for most of their final touches. The boys had to wait until one of the lodges was available for them to get ready which wasn’t until after 1pm. They never checked in with us when we were getting ready and as I said I didn’t see the venue coordinator for a second time until after the ceremony (I got there around 11am ceremony was at 5). We were also unable to do a rehearsal there the day before because we had a Sunday wedding and there was a Saturday wedding, we had to squeeze one in before the ceremony (good thing we did a first look)

Overview:

Overall this was a beautiful venue, the food was good and the catering staff was nice, some even joined in the dancing. We were very underwhelmed by the “venue coordination” and only saw our coordinator a handful of times all day, which really made us wonder where she was and what she was doing when we would get her “there’s an event today, I’ll get back to you as soon as I can” auto replies. As I said at the beginning, I wouldn’t recommend this because of the poor venue coordination and all the hassle we had dealing with them, but our wedding was beautiful and overall everything worked out.

Sent on 08/24/2019

0.4
      0.5
      0.0

I booked this wedding venue for my reception party of 80. After I signed the contract for my chosen meal and service plan, I got several emails telling me that they changed their pricing, and I was forces to pay extra.

During the ceremony the servers were very rude to several of my guests and complained to multiple people of the size of the party. They also only brought out 20 place settings, and when they were asked to bring out more they refused.

Very unprofessional, and the planner Adrienne is unresponsive.

Sent on 04/12/2015