Silver and Salt Photography Reviews

Silver and Salt Photography 1
Silver and Salt Photography 2
Silver and Salt Photography 3

Kelly Gross · Getting married on 05/08/2020

So talented and a pleasure to work with!

We had the absolute pleasure of working with Ben for our August wedding this past summer. I can not speak more highly of him. I had originally seen his work and was drawn to his beautiful photography that are truly works of art. We were looking for someone for someone with more of a photojournalism and fine art style to capture images from the day. Our photos came out so beautifully and we could not be more pleased. Ben was also so professional and patient when talking me through options of how the day could be structured. He helped us pick out some fantastic locations for portraits and our first look. At moments you could say Ben was my therapist during a very stressful wedding planning endeavor, bringing expertise and a calm energy to the entire process. My friends and family also commented on how great he was to work with. I’m looking forward to finding an excuse to host another event in the future just so we can have Ben hang with us again and create gorgeous memories for us to look at for years to come.

Sent on 10/11/2019
    Silver and Salt Photography 4
  • Jenna

Jenna · Married on 07/06/2019

Ben was the best to work with. His personality was perfect for us on our day. The pictures are beautiful.

An amazing photographer!! Very talented.

Sent on 09/11/2019
    Silver and Salt Photography 5
    Silver and Salt Photography 6
  • Johnna

Johnna Foley · Married on 05/26/2019

Lucky to have found Ben!

Ben of Silver and Salt Photography was such an amazing part of our wedding day. We reached out to him after seeing some of his beautiful work on his website and Instagram. He chatted with us on the phone a couple of times before the big day to iron out details and plans. He was friendly, professional, and flexible throughout the entire process. On our wedding day he arrived on time and seamlessly became a part of the preparations. During the ceremony he took beautiful and creative photos that we absolutely love. We had a more casual reception at a local bar, where Ben captured so many great moments between our friends and family. He was always quick to respond to any calls or emails, and we received hundreds of gorgeous photos just a few weeks after our wedding. We would 100% recommend Silver and Salt Photography!

Sent on 07/21/2019
  • Corrine

Corrine Lin · Married on 11/18/2018

Artistic, professional, easy, fun - perfect!

Ben has such a talent for capturing real, genuine moments from completely unexpected angles. That's what immediately drew me in when I first came across his portfolio. He will absolutely get all the obligatory wedding shots - family portraits, decorations, the hanging dress, the preparation - all of that. But what I love the most about his style is his unique perspective and ability to infuse his images with this joyful, even playful, energy.

The other really huge thing for me was how professional, organized, patient, and flexible Ben is. My wedding was planned in somewhat of a short timeframe, so a lot of decisions were made last-minute and kind of quickly (at least it felt that way for me!); and Ben was a huge help the whole time. I relied on him to help with our photography timeline a lot, and I also didn't have a wedding planner. So when it came to day-of stuff, I really had to just trust that he knew what he was doing, where he needed to be when, etc. There wasn't ever one snag - from engagement photos, to welcome dinner, to wedding ceremony, to reception - everything went so smoothly!

Ben is very responsive. He's able to be collaborative and is always open to new ideas and suggestions, but when I needed his guidance or wasn't sure about something, he gladly provided his thoughts based on his previous experience and then let me make the final decision, which made it super easy to work with him.

Then, lastly, though probably most importantly, Ben is just a great guy - super laid back, easy to get along with, fun, funny, and interesting. I think many of my friends and family each have a "Ben" story from somewhere along the way. But, as mentioned in some of the other reviews, when looking through the photos from our wedding, I would say for more than half of them, I don't even remember Ben being there. He is great at just blending in when he needs to but then also playing "director" at other times.

Overall, I love how perfectly Ben captured our wedding, but I actually think I'm happiest about having had the chance to work with him at all! He played a huge part in making our wedding (even the planning process) feel so special, which is something that my husband and I will never forget!

Sent on 12/10/2018
  • Catherine

Catherine · Married on 10/20/2018

Stop looking

It's so hard to find the words to describe just how wonderful Ben has been since we signed our contract. He went above and beyond all expectations—and mine were very, very high. His style is dramatic, capturing every detail and moment with an artistic perspective you'd see in an art gallery. He was responsive with inquiries ranging from last-minute scheduling to my body-image concerns. Most importantly, his personality and friendliness made being in front of the camera the easiest part of our day. I cannot possibly recommend Ben enough. Seriously, stop looking for a wedding photographer.

Sent on 12/02/2018

Colin · Married on 10/20/2018

Incredible photos, great personality!

Ben was amazing to work with; we are so thrilled we chose him to photograph our wedding. Not only are his photos incredible and unique, but he made us feel so comfortable during the engagement shoot and wedding. He always lightened the mood when we needed to relax, and floated around the background of the wedding perfectly. I cannot recommend him highly enough!

Sent on 02/15/2019

Emily · Married on 10/07/2018

Love! Highest recommendation

We are so happy that we chose Ben to photograph our wedding. I had been a bridesmaid in a wedding that he photographed a couple years ago and saw the results, so I was already quite confident going in. He was so friendly and calm, which was a very welcome presence throughout the chaos of the wedding day. He was responsive to emails/questions throughout the process, and, most importantly, the photos came out amazing!! I would recommend Ben to anyone in the area.

Sent on 11/29/2018

Mike Rubino · Married on 10/06/2018

Ben is the BEST- hands down!

What can we day about Ben to do him justice? From our very first meeting he understood us as a couple and understood the tone of our wedding. His photojournalistic style is exactly what drew us to his work and seeing the final product we honestly couldn't be happier. We had posed photos in there for our families (which he rocked!), but his candids are out of this world. And he did all this basically without being seen. We had a restaurant wedding so it was crucial for us to work with someone who can photograph indoors without any major landscapes or backgrounds. The details he was able to capture were breathtaking. He's the first recommendation we make when our friends get engaged!

Sent on 11/14/2018
  • Francisco

Francisco · Married on 09/02/2018

Ben Went Above and Beyond in Every way!

I could not recommend Ben enough. My wife and I firmly believe he was worth every penny. Ben is a genuine and personal person who really cares about his clients and your wedding day. You can see it in his work and hear it when you talk to him. Throughout the process he was immediately responsive with questions we had and gave us advice on the wedding that went beyond the photos. For example he was integral in us creating our timeline for the day.

On the day of the wedding he was timely and worked tirelessly throughout the day/night. His outgoing and friendly personality really allowed us to be comfortable throughout the day while we were getting ready and prepping for the wedding. Most of the time I didn't realize he was there and when he was around or wanted us to pose for portraits he had a very calming and easygoing presence. A couple of our guests commented that they could tell we had an amazing photographer because they barely noticed him throughout the day despite the fact that he was in the thick of it.

The quality of the photos we received was exactly what we were hoping for. He did all the things we asked him to do and beyond. Again, I could not recommend Ben enough.

Sent on 01/11/2019

Marcella Coyne · Married on 05/10/2018

Amazing, easy, and beautiful

Our pictures came out gorgeous, and Ben was incredibly easy to work with. We planned our wedding from out of town (we got married in MA but live in the DC metro area), so we were initially a little stressed about finding a photographer, especially since we opted not to hire videographer. Ben put us at ease from the very beginning, and set up a Skype meeting to answer all our questions, and get to know us. He was very informative about his style and the process for getting set up, and made timeline suggestions based our interests and schedule. He was very responsive. He also was very generous with his time, staying on towards to end of our engagements in the north end to capture the finale of the fisherman’s feast in the north end. On the day of, he took great shots of door games (a Chinese wedding tradition) and was very efficient at capturing all of the group portrait shots, which gave us a lot more time to enjoy our guests. He also took some really beautiful landscape and photojournalistic pictures that captured some of the sweetest moments on the day, and did so unobtrusively. Overall we are so happy we were able to work with him and he’s continued to be helpful and accommodating as we order prints.

Sent on 05/26/2019

Kate · Married on 03/23/2018

Ben (and his wife, Connie) were our wedding photographers for our March wedding in Boston, MA. My husband and I cannot say enough good things about Ben, both in the planning stages as well as on the day of. From the moment we first started chatting with Ben, he was professional, fun, energetic, responsive and easy going. He offered creative suggestions and was extremely helpful in helping us create a photography timeline to ensure we captured all of the moments we wanted. On the day of, Ben and his wife were such warm, cheerful and calming presences. We had heard beforehand how important it was to hire a photographer whom you get along with since you spend a lot of the wedding day with them and we couldn't have been happier with Ben and Connie. They are truly wonderful and talented people who produce spectacular photos! We highly recommend them!

Sent on 04/16/2018

Katie · Married on 07/21/2017

My husband and I cannot fully express how wonderful Ben was as a wedding photographer. From the moment we met Ben through receiving the photos after the wedding, he was nothing but professional, responsive, seriously talented, and easy-going.

Before the wedding, Ben took ample time to meet with us in person and communicate via email about what we hoped for in our wedding photographer. We wanted mainly candid photos with quite a few family and friend portraits as well. I've been in many weddings where we spent a significant amount of time taking formal portraits. With Ben, we seemed to finish the portraits in under 25 minutes, which was extremely impressive seeing as my side of the family alone has around 100 members. He somehow was able to give direction well while also being laid back about the craziness that comes with capturing photos with so many aunts, uncles, cousins, kids, etc. The portraits came out beautifully, and his candids were phenomenal too. Our wedding ceremony was in a church, and Ben was respectful and completely unobtrusive while still capturing photos from all angles. Our priest reiterated the same to us post ceremony. At the cocktail hour and reception, Ben managed to take photos of all guests--and we had around 180 of them. From our getting ready photos, to walking around Boston Common before the ceremony, through the reception, Ben was fun to be around, and made us feel even more relaxed.

We were drawn to Ben's photos because of his photojournalistic approach. He has a unique ability to capture both genuine moments between people at weddings and also artistic shots. I loved the way he played with the lighting in many of our photos. Everyone who has seen our photos has been blown away by them. My husband and I are having a tough time choosing our favorites.

Sent on 09/24/2017

Amy · Married on 07/15/2016

I knew as soon as I saw Ben's portfolio that I needed him to shoot my wedding. His photos are absolutely stunning. He is a true artist, you can count on him to capture every exciting, emotional, and fun moment without even noticing he's there. We did NOT want the cheesy posed photos you often see with traditional wedding photographers. Ben's approach to wedding photography is exactly what we were looking for. I have only seen a sneak peak of our gallery as it's only been 3 weeks since the wedding, but every single one I've seen are gorgeous, I can't wait to see the rest!

Aside from gorgeous photography, Ben is a pleasure to work with! He makes you feel as if you are the only client he is working with. He is punctual, professional, super nice, and makes you feel as comfortable as possible in front of the camera. I'm so pleased to have had him shoot my big day and am absolutely thrilled to have been his muse for a day. Highly recommend!

Sent on 08/08/2016

Geoff · Married on 07/11/2015

Like every couple planning a wedding, my now-husband and I searched for a photographer that would provide us with perfect wedding pictures that we’ll proudly display for the rest of our lives. In our search, we came across a number of wedding photographs that were banal, sometimes bordering on cheesy, and we knew we didn’t want that.

Ben Schaefer’s artistic sensibility struck us from the beginning. He describes himself as a photo journalist, and we think that’s spot-on. Rather than projecting his personality into poses and ideas, Ben thought carefully about how we’d planned our day and which aspects were most important. And from the early photos we’ve seen so far, we are pleased with his careful eye and aesthetic sensibility.

And to top it off, Ben is a joy to work with. You spend more time with your photographer on your wedding day than perhaps any other person (aside from your new spouse), so it’s important that you get along. Ben is fun, sensitive, and funny. We could not be happier with our experience and highly recommend Ben for your wedding or any occasion.

Sent on 08/19/2015