Silver and Salt Photography Reviews

36 | Arlington, MA

36 Reviews for Silver and Salt Photography

Adrian F. · Getting married on 12/10/2021

Ben is an ideal photographer

Ben is incredible for a lot of reasons. As two people who don’t necessarily like to pose for photos, during the time he spent with us he made us feel extremely comfortable. He’s very personable and charming and yet, during the wedding, you’d have no idea he was around taking so many pictures. Prior to the wedding, he helped us understand the wedding day schedule, talked to us about what we want captured, and took down the names and relationships of everyone close to us. He didn’t miss a moment or a person. He knew the layout of the venue beforehand and organized a lot of nice shots. On top of everything, he has great taste and a great eye. We could not be happier with the results and would work with him again without hesitation.

Sent on 11/16/2020
  • Brittany

Brittany B. · Getting married on 11/09/2021

Love his personality

We worked with Ben this fall for our wedding in Boston. Words are hard to come by for how wonderful he was. His quirky nature made our vintage wedding perfect with his style of photography. His Ideas are realistic and capture evey memory of the day people can miss with the chaos of the day. Highly recomended for timeless photos that you will never want to stop seeing.

Sent on 10/29/2020

Stacey W. · Getting married on 09/01/2021

Beautiful work how do you feel about Bat Mitzvah's?

I had a vision for my daughters Bat Mitzvah and was struggling to find someone who understood that vision. I googled "photographers that don't take typical standard family photos." I think I may have also used words like creative, attention to detail and photojournalist and I found Ben. If you are looking for photography that tells a story, captures memories, movement and emotions then look no further. Planning an event in a pandemic was challenging. I have planned a wedding and several corporate events and Ben was one of the best vendors I have ever worked with. He was a part of our weekend making everyone feel comfortable and was just an absolute pleasure to be around. The photographs are completely magical. They are artistic, beautiful, creative and I am beyond grateful that they tell our family's Bat Mitzvah story so perfectly. Congratulations on your upcoming wedding I can confidently tell you that you will be in the best hands with Silver and Salt Photo.

Sent on 02/22/2021
  • Robert

Robert B. · Married on 05/22/2021

Outstanding wedding photographer

Ben at Silver and Salt was amazing to work with for our wedding day. He made everything feel so relaxed and kept us organized to make sure we got all the best photos. During the reception you could barely tell he was there unless we asked him for something. We received so many compliments on him from our guests and our pictures came out amazing as well! I would recommend Ben to anyone who wants to remove one element of stress from their big day!

Sent on 06/15/2021

Silver and Salt Photography's reply:

Too kind! You all had such a lovely group of humans to support you on your day...it was a blast and honor to document it for you all!

Abby M. · Married on 03/08/2021

Great Photographer!

You will have a great experience working with Ben! He is not only an amazing photographer, but he is comfortable to be around and very easy to work with. My husband and I asked Ben to photograph our wedding in August 2020, and we were thrilled with the results. On the day of our wedding, he was very easygoing and worked well with our families. And we love the photos he captured - he finds these candid moments that are so special. We are so happy with the whole experience!

Sent on 09/07/2020
  • Meredith

Meredith A. · Married on 10/23/2020

very talented photographer.

We absolutely love the photos Ben took of our small ceremony at home. He brought and artistic and playful eye to our special day, really capturing this time in our lives together. Thanks Ben!!

Sent on 10/30/2020

Candace · Married on 09/25/2020

The best!!

We found Ben through a Google search for documentary style wedding photographers. My (now) husband and I immediately fell in love with his photographs and the fleeting moments that he captures. When we met him, there was no talking about whether or not we were going to book him - we immediately clicked with him and I knew from there that we had to have him photograph our wedding. From our engagement photos to the wedding day, Ben made us feel so comfortable, calm and kept us to our authentic selves. We just had our wedding in September 2020 and our final photos were delivered ten days after - so impressive! Our gallery was filled with moments that quickly brought back the memories of our special day. Ben's photos capture the emotion and the souls of those who are in the photograph and allows you to feel like you were there with them. Even in the middle of COVID, Ben asked everyone if they had any boundaries, wanted more space, etc. and was so accommodating. We LOVED having Ben as our photographer and as I said to my husband, I wish we could hire him to photograph all of our milestones in life!

Sent on 10/11/2020

Andrey R. · Married on 09/09/2020

Great photographer to timelessly capture your wedding

Ben is an amazing photographer and person. He was extremely easy to work with, barely noticeable in the background and was able to get the most amazing pictures of our wedding. We would recommend highly recommend him!

Sent on 11/23/2019
  • Alexandra

Alexandra H. · Married on 07/08/2020

Better than what we had hoped for

Choosing Ben was one of the best decisions we made! From the beginning, we were taken with Ben's work. We wanted a photographer who would capture an artistic, real, and human vibe, and Ben was absolutely the right choice. Not only is Ben incredibly talented, but he is so easy to be around, and fit right in on our wedding day. He was faced with the added challenge of navigating a socially distanced Covid wedding, and did that with ease while also capturing moments we will cherish forever. We can't wait to work with him again!

Sent on 09/03/2020

Kelly G. · Married on 05/08/2020

So talented and a pleasure to work with!

We had the absolute pleasure of working with Ben for our August wedding this past summer. I can not speak more highly of him. I had originally seen his work and was drawn to his beautiful photography that are truly works of art. We were looking for someone for someone with more of a photojournalism and fine art style to capture images from the day. Our photos came out so beautifully and we could not be more pleased. Ben was also so professional and patient when talking me through options of how the day could be structured. He helped us pick out some fantastic locations for portraits and our first look. At moments you could say Ben was my therapist during a very stressful wedding planning endeavor, bringing expertise and a calm energy to the entire process. My friends and family also commented on how great he was to work with. I’m looking forward to finding an excuse to host another event in the future just so we can have Ben hang with us again and create gorgeous memories for us to look at for years to come.

Sent on 10/11/2019

Ro · Married on 03/10/2020

Best wedding decision we made!

We found Ben at Silver and Salt Photography to be incredibly professional, warm, creative and responsive. We loved his artistic approach to our wedding photos while still capturing traditional ones. We would hire him again without hesitation!

Sent on 11/08/2020
  • John

John C. · Married on 02/22/2020

Completely Unobtrusive but Captured Completely

Ben came recommended to us from friends of ours and we are so thankful that he did. From our initial meeting with Ben we were sold on his approach to photography and after seeing how incredible our engagement pictures came out we knew we had made the right decision. Our only concern was that we had a wedding on the larger side (235 people) and we were worried about not having a second photographer. After talking to Ben we were reassured that he'd be able to capture everything and now that we've gotten our pictures back I'm happy to report he didn't miss a thing. On our wedding day I honestly don't recall seeing him, but after seeing the pictures it was evident it was everywhere. We're still not sure how he did it, he managed to be completely unobtrusive but completely capture the day and emotion.

From the very beginning Ben was nothing but excellent to work with. Extremely responsive and helpful in his responses, and we couldn't recommend him and Silver + Salt more highly.

Sent on 04/11/2020

Taylor L. · Married on 02/16/2020

Every emotion, smile and genuine candid was captured so effortlessly in our photos

Ben somehow managed to capture every emotion, smile, and genuine candid that happened on our wedding day. Not only is Ben truly talented at what he does but he is also so easy to work with. I'm not a huge fan of getting my photo taken but Ben made myself and my husband feel so comfortable and fit behind the scenes of our day so effortlessly. I honestly can't stop looking through our photos (all 500+ of them) because it brings me right back to that day. Ben, we will never be able to thank you enough for capturing our day so perfectly!

Sent on 03/20/2020
  • Annie

Annie A. · Married on 01/08/2020

10/10 would hire again

We ended up coming across Ben with Silver + Salt photography through a google search, and boy am I glad we did! I have never been interested in the extremely orchestrated/posed/airbrushed wedding photos. I wanted to find a photographer who could capture meaningful, candid photos of our quaint lakeside wedding. Ben overdelivered in the best of ways! The photos he took over the course of the day and a half he was with us tell a wonderful story of a wonderful time with family and friends. I know that down the line, these photos will spark so many precious memories. Ben was a joy to have around for the weekend! I would 100% recommend Silver + Salt to friends and family!

Sent on 08/27/2020

Meaghan A. · Married on 09/28/2019

Absolutely recommend Ben!!

We had the absolute best experience working with Ben as our wedding photographer. He could not have been more friendly, professional, warm and enjoyable to work with. While planning, we communicated over email/facetime and although we actually only met in person on the morning of the wedding, we felt like we knew him already! He had a lovely way of giving advice and recommendations, while still being totally enthusiastic about discussing our ideas and questions. The day after our wedding, multiple people mentioned how wonderful he was, and how impressed they were by him. And then of course, the photos are gorgeous-- he was able to capture both the big and the small moments in such a beautiful way. He is just the nicest and most talented person -- and working with him was a highlight of our planning process. Would recommend him to anybody in a heartbeat!

Sent on 11/18/2019
  • Antigoni

Antigoni S. · Married on 09/14/2019

Ben is not to be missed!

It's hard to put into words how incredible Ben really is. From our first email inquiry, to the delivery of our photos, Ben was beyond a pleasure to work with. Of all the varying components of our wedding, he was by far the most professional, and was thus the last thing I felt worried about. He was meticulous in his approach to understanding what we wanted, while staying true to his style (which was perfectly aligned). He asked thoughtful questions, and took careful notes about the varying dynamics of the event, and the people attending. He seamlessly integrated with our crazy families and friends, so much so that everyone thought he was a lifelong friend who just happened to be a photographer. His eye for detail, his calming and encouraging energy, and strong sixth sense for knowing exactly where to be became so palpable in the final product. He put everyone at ease, and even got my entire family to smile at the same time (this is a HUGE feat).

Of course, everything about a wedding feels important, and it all goes by so fast. Even in the chaos, I remember wishing I had grabbed Ben to photograph specific interactions, only to find later that he was there all along, quietly capturing some of the most precious moments of the day. Going through our album, we laughed, we cried, we were absolutely stunned at things that we would have otherwise missed, remembered some things that already began to fade, and we got to witness how our people really made the day happen in ways we would have never known.

Ben has an incredible gift, and he shared it with us as if it were specifically FOR us. For that, we are eternally grateful. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend him again and again.

Sent on 11/13/2019
  • Renee

Renee R. · Married on 09/11/2019

Great person (important) and amazing photographer!

Ben was such a great wedding photographer to choose for our 11/9/19 wedding - he was professional, friendly, warm and just all around an awesome person. From the moment we met him at his studio to review albums and discuss potentially working together, to the day of the wedding, Ben proved himself to be a trusted partner in what would otherwise be an extremely stressful process and day. He made us feel at ease despite the 20 degree weather and the bigness of the day, and his captured amazing moments from the beginning of the day getting ready up through the major dance party at the end. He made everyone feel comfortable and was a master at being there but not-being-there and being in the background. My husband and I would highly recommend Silver + Salt, and I can assure you that you'll be sold the moment you are able to chat with him by phone or in-person. We are super psyched to get our physical wedding album so we can continue reliving the memories over and over!

Sent on 03/01/2020
  • Jenna

Jenna · Married on 07/06/2019

Ben was the best to work with. His personality was perfect for us on our day. The pictures are beautiful.

An amazing photographer!! Very talented.

Sent on 09/11/2019
  • Johnna

Johnna F. · Married on 05/26/2019

Lucky to have found Ben!

Ben of Silver and Salt Photography was such an amazing part of our wedding day. We reached out to him after seeing some of his beautiful work on his website and Instagram. He chatted with us on the phone a couple of times before the big day to iron out details and plans. He was friendly, professional, and flexible throughout the entire process. On our wedding day he arrived on time and seamlessly became a part of the preparations. During the ceremony he took beautiful and creative photos that we absolutely love. We had a more casual reception at a local bar, where Ben captured so many great moments between our friends and family. He was always quick to respond to any calls or emails, and we received hundreds of gorgeous photos just a few weeks after our wedding. We would 100% recommend Silver and Salt Photography!

Sent on 07/21/2019

Lisa B. · Married on 05/10/2019

Unique and Special Photography

Ben is an absolutely amazing photographer! He was so easy to work with, and captured everything I had hoped he would. His work (photojournalistic and candid) was exactly what I wanted and his results did not disappoint! I have already received so many compliments from family and friends on the photographs. I love that Ben was able to capture special moments, without being intrusive. I would highly recommend Ben, and am already looking for an excuse to work with him again!

Sent on 11/16/2019

Kelsey · Married on 05/01/2019

5 Stars for Ben

My husband and I agreed that a photographer was one of the most important parts of our wedding day, and we were so fortunate to have found Ben. It is clear from his website that he is incredibly talented, but he also has a way of making everyone feel relaxed and comfortable throughout the wedding day and the months leading up to it. We left our first meeting with him feeling like we were friends and so excited about working with him. About a year before the wedding, he picked out some locations around Boston for our engagement shoot and spent way longer than he needed to make sure that we got all the shots we could have wanted. He even managed to get some great photos of our four-month-old puppy! For the wedding, he was an integral part of scheduling the flow of the day and took the time to understand exactly what type of photos were most important to us. On our wedding day there was no rain forecasted for the entire weekend but of course it started pouring ten minutes before our first look was scheduled. Ben kept both of us calm and managed to get all of our family formals in half the allotted time. He then pulled us away from the reception (we had told him that was fine beforehand) as the sun was setting and took some truly beautiful photos - our venue is even using one of them as their homepage. Our family and friends have been so impressed at how seamlessly he fit into the day and how wonderful his images are. We are able to relive the best day over and over again thanks to Ben and we are so grateful. We couldn't recommend him highly enough.

Sent on 01/20/2020

Peter · Married on 12/01/2018

Great - Would Highly Recommend

My wife and I used Ben as our wedding photographer. My sister and brother in law used Ben as well - which is how we learned about him and his unbelievable work. I couldn’t recommend him more. He is very professional, very talented and probably one of the nicest people we’ve ever met.

Sent on 11/24/2019
  • Corrine

Corrine L. · Married on 11/18/2018

Artistic, professional, easy, fun - perfect!

Ben has such a talent for capturing real, genuine moments from completely unexpected angles. That's what immediately drew me in when I first came across his portfolio. He will absolutely get all the obligatory wedding shots - family portraits, decorations, the hanging dress, the preparation - all of that. But what I love the most about his style is his unique perspective and ability to infuse his images with this joyful, even playful, energy.

The other really huge thing for me was how professional, organized, patient, and flexible Ben is. My wedding was planned in somewhat of a short timeframe, so a lot of decisions were made last-minute and kind of quickly (at least it felt that way for me!); and Ben was a huge help the whole time. I relied on him to help with our photography timeline a lot, and I also didn't have a wedding planner. So when it came to day-of stuff, I really had to just trust that he knew what he was doing, where he needed to be when, etc. There wasn't ever one snag - from engagement photos, to welcome dinner, to wedding ceremony, to reception - everything went so smoothly!

Ben is very responsive. He's able to be collaborative and is always open to new ideas and suggestions, but when I needed his guidance or wasn't sure about something, he gladly provided his thoughts based on his previous experience and then let me make the final decision, which made it super easy to work with him.

Then, lastly, though probably most importantly, Ben is just a great guy - super laid back, easy to get along with, fun, funny, and interesting. I think many of my friends and family each have a "Ben" story from somewhere along the way. But, as mentioned in some of the other reviews, when looking through the photos from our wedding, I would say for more than half of them, I don't even remember Ben being there. He is great at just blending in when he needs to but then also playing "director" at other times.

Overall, I love how perfectly Ben captured our wedding, but I actually think I'm happiest about having had the chance to work with him at all! He played a huge part in making our wedding (even the planning process) feel so special, which is something that my husband and I will never forget!

Sent on 12/10/2018
  • Catherine

Catherine · Married on 10/20/2018

Stop looking

It's so hard to find the words to describe just how wonderful Ben has been since we signed our contract. He went above and beyond all expectations—and mine were very, very high. His style is dramatic, capturing every detail and moment with an artistic perspective you'd see in an art gallery. He was responsive with inquiries ranging from last-minute scheduling to my body-image concerns. Most importantly, his personality and friendliness made being in front of the camera the easiest part of our day. I cannot possibly recommend Ben enough. Seriously, stop looking for a wedding photographer.

Sent on 12/02/2018

Colin · Married on 10/20/2018

Incredible photos, great personality!

Ben was amazing to work with; we are so thrilled we chose him to photograph our wedding. Not only are his photos incredible and unique, but he made us feel so comfortable during the engagement shoot and wedding. He always lightened the mood when we needed to relax, and floated around the background of the wedding perfectly. I cannot recommend him highly enough!

Sent on 02/15/2019