Silva & Silva Photography Reviews

Silva & Silva Photography 5
Silva & Silva Photography 6
Silva & Silva Photography 7

Kelam · Getting married on 11/01/2019

Gary was a pleasure to work with!!! Very easy going and fun. I didn't give him much notice but he still rose to the occasion and surpassed all expectations. If you're looking for quality at a great price, look no further! Rest assure that you will have a wonderful and positive experience!!

Becca Alvarado · Married on 09/22/2018

We LOVE Gary Silva!

We saw Gary in action at our friends wedding and just loved his energy, friendliness and when we saw their photos... WOW! When we got engaged and started looking we called Gary and met with him. He was so friendly and enthusiastic we knew he was the one. We are just thrilled that we chose Gary. He was amazing on the day of our wedding and he made us feel so comfortable taking photos and it was just FUN! He also got all the family involved and our friends too so we have fantastic photos with so many of us and everybody else at the wedding too. We highly recommend Gary if you want a photographer that gets involved, makes it fun and gets gorgeous photos that capture the love, romance and energy of a day that you work so hard for. Also his prices are affordable for all the service and photos you get. Our package included an album, an online album (you can download all the pics) and prints! We can't say it enough.... we HIGHLY recommend Gary... he's just got it all!!! Becca & Frank

Sent on 10/30/2018

Silva & Silva Photography's reply:

Thank you Becca and Frank for the wonderful review. I enjoyed getting to know you both and your wedding was amazing and I was honored to be a part of it. All my best to you both. Gary

Allysa · Married on 09/21/2018

Pierre & Gary compliment each other SO well. While my fiancé had NEVER done any professional photos, we immediately felt comfortable with them. They kept us laughing, gave us great direction, but also just allowed who we are together to come out naturally. I hate to admit it.... but, we had to reschedule twice. They were incredibly flexible and understanding with rescheduling- never charged us extra or made it seem like an inconvenience.

We got our pictures back within a week and I loved that they hand-delivered our new engagement shoot library. Of course, the best part was when we looked at all of the photos together and had so many we really loved. We felt they captured who were were and looking back, there are moments we got so lost in moments together I don't even remember Pierre and Gary around us with cameras.

Truly can't recommend them enough because on top of all of this... we really felt like they cared and simply loved being a part of our love story.

Silva & Silva Photography 15
    Silva & Silva Photography 16

Ryan Orloff · Married on 09/08/2018

Amazing!

Silva &Silva Photography was incredible to work with from the beginning. We planned a location wedding, so after our initial meeting with Gary, all of our correspondents was either through email or by phone and Gary made us feel 100% confident going into our special day. Gary captured everything exactly how we discussed and his extra added creativity and artistic vision made our final images, even more breathtaking than we could have imagined. Even all of our guests were impressed with Gary and raved about how much fun he was.

Thank you Silva & Silva Photography for capturing our special day in a way we will always be able to look back on and smile. You guys truly are amazing....

Ryan & Kim

Ashley · Married on 06/09/2018

Gary was absolutely wonderful. I have already suggested him to a couple of friends that will be getting married soon. Everyone at the wedding thought he had the greatest personality and he really clicks well with all of the guests. We just got our wedding photos and album back and every photo is absolutely beautiful or absolutely hilarious. I would hire Gary again in a heartbeat. I can say nothing but good things about the service he provided. I now have engagement photos and wedding photos that I will cherish forever. Thank you a million times Gary you were absolutely wonderful!!

Sent on 07/23/2018
    Silva & Silva Photography 17
    Silva & Silva Photography 18
    Silva & Silva Photography 19

Silva & Silva Photography's reply:

Thank you Ashley so much for the amazing review! It was fantastic to photograph your engagement photos and your wedding day. You had such a beautiful wedding and you and Wyatt are an amazing couple. I wish you both so much happiness and thank you for letting me be part of your big day. All my best... Gary

Christina · Married on 06/09/2018

We absolutely love Gary. We hired Gary for both of our daughter's weddings. He is so friendly and is loves to interact with your guests. He will get genuine smiles from all your guests, from the flower girl to your 85 year old grandmother. He is very professional never stuffy. He truly cares about what is important to you on your special day. Thank you Gary for all the special memories for both our daughters and our new son-in-laws. You're the best!

Sent on 07/23/2018

Silva & Silva Photography's reply:

Thank you SO much Christina! It was such an honor to photograph both your daughter's weddings and I'm thrilled that you, Ashley and Heather appreciate my enthusiasm for what I love to do and your wedding photographs. Much happiness to you all! Cheers.. Gary

Molly · Married on 05/19/2018

I cannot describe how absolutely wonderful my experience was with Pierre & Gary. We met them first for during our engagement shoot and they were an absolute hoot. First off, they teach you all the tricks/trades to hide big hips and beer gut bellies, they joke around to keep you smiling and work off each other. Right off the bat, we were very comfortable with them and the session was relaxed with beautiful resulting pictures! They provide direction and suggestions, but also listen to your wants/desires so you get what you want. And the wedding was superb. Everyone loved them! They know how to talk to people to capture real emotion and Gary was so good with children! The wedding pictures were delivered in a timely fashion (both online and a usb). This is the couple to pick if you want gorgeous pictures at a reasonable price with a relaxed and happy environment!

Sent on 06/12/2018

Silva & Silva Photography's reply:

Thank you Molly! It was such a joy to work with you and Brandon. Your families and friends were amazing and we're thrilled you love your wedding photos. All our best to both of you!!! Gary & Pierre

jose · Married on 11/13/2017

this amazing guy.. was awsome..

Sarah · Married on 10/14/2017

We hired Gary to do our outdoor/backyard wedding in Ventura this October at a friends house. He is GREAT! He was very friendly and made the whole photography thing fun for us all. All our family and guests really liked him and once we got our photos we were even more impressed. For having such a simple set up, he made everything look amazing including us!!! We definitely recommend Gary Silva. His prices are affordable and you get the best service and wedding photos.

Jessica · Married on 10/07/2017

Gary is so great to work with. He makes everyone feel comfortable and have a good time! He is amazing at directing you so you look your best at the right angles! Thanks for everything!

Christina · Married on 09/24/2017

If you're looking for someone who will engage everyone and really get them involved, this is the photographer that you're looking for. Gary walked around and talked with our guests, he got to know people, made them laugh so that he got genuine smiles. I felt like he took the time to get to know my family. He worked well with every age group from babies to teenagers and grandparents and with every setting to pictures of my daughter in her wedding gown by herself to large groups. I can't thank Gary enough for capturing my daughter's special day. I can't wait for him to photograph my younger daughter's weddings June 2018.

Betty · Married on 09/16/2017

We met with 2 other photographers that were professional but that's it even tho their work was nice. We met Gary and he was engaging, so personable, funny and we loved the vibrancy of his photos. We could not have made a better choice. Gary arrived early, made us all feel at ease for our pre-wedding photos and then his personality and fun manner just made getting our photos so much fun. My family & friends are still talking about how much fun it was and who says that about getting photos done?!?! When we got our wedding pics that was really the test and they are gorgeous!!! He gave me the glamour I told him I wanted but they also looked natural... another requirement I had. He captured all the perfect moments and the little details but then it was really obvious how much fun the party was and the dancing and friend photos are just amazing. We highly recommend Silva & Silva Photography and Gary... his photos are awesome and he's just so easy and fun to work with.

Ayssia · Married on 07/29/2017

Gary was wonderful and funny and made this day even more special this was an LGBT WEDDING and after asking 9 others who turned me down Gary was very enthusiastic about shooting my wedding. The pictures we received were well beyond our expectations I will make Silva and Silva my first and only choice for future events without hesitation. Being a Nikon pro I appreciate his professionalism and attention to detail.

Breanna · Married on 07/15/2017

Gary was amazing!! He captured every special moment and was so kind.

Sent on 05/25/2018

Silva & Silva Photography's reply:

Thank you Breanna and Wayne! You guys were amazing and I love the photos you posted... so much fun! All my best to you and your family. Gary

Craig · Married on 04/15/2017

I cannot express enough how much Gary meant to the success of our Gatsby-style wedding celebration. His photos captured the joyful spirit of our guests perfectly, as he made everyone (including me!) who hates photos feel as if they were a star. It was obvious from the start that Gary was not "mailing it in" or taking photos in the same tired poses that we have all seen time after time. No, Gary was on top of everything, without being intrusive in any way, with great vision and creativity. I have added some photos as examples of his amazing work. Without a doubt, if you need a photographer, call Gary.

Sent on 12/27/2017
    Silva & Silva Photography 27
    Silva & Silva Photography 28
    Silva & Silva Photography 29

Silva & Silva Photography's reply:

Thanks Craig! You and Marla are such amazing people as were all your friends and family! I LOVED the 20's theme wedding you two designed... it was SO cool and everyone looked fabulous!!! All my best, Gary

Maureen · Married on 04/08/2017

We are so glad we used Gary for our Santa Barbara wedding day. He made it so easy we booked him over Email and he was very responsive and reasonable. Gary also didn't mind that I didn't want to pose for so many photos, he got our wedding party and family photos done within 20 minutes after the ceremony, and he was always there to catch each important moment throughout the event. Also we had all of our photos and our jump drive and album within 6 weeks, which is a rarity in the wedding photo world according to my friends. We would recommend him to our friends for their events.

Sent on 05/28/2017

Silva & Silva Photography's reply:

Thank you, Maureen & Clint, for the wonderful review and it was a sincere pleasure to be part of your wedding day! All my best to you both! Gary

Briana · Married on 03/04/2017

Gary's services were an option when my husband and I chose to have our wedding aboard the Scarlett Belle Riverboat. He was competitively priced and had the experience we were looking for. I felt as if Gary had my back all night. Very friendly. The pictures he got came out stunning. I definitely recommend him!

Sent on 04/03/2017

Silva & Silva Photography's reply:

Thank you so much Briana! It was an absolute pleasure to be part of your wedding day and I wish you & James all the best! Gary

Jessica · Married on 01/28/2017

My day was this pass January 2017 I want to share that I Had the best experience very professional and both were the sweetest people ever they always made us laugh and what I loved the most was when my guest express their feeling by sharing how wonderful and great they are how they made them feel really good so with that said all my pictures came out awesome ??

Sent on 04/06/2017

Silva & Silva Photography's reply:

Thank you so much Jessica. We had a wonderful time with you & Alfred and your friends and family were simply the best. We loved your creative ideas and you both looked stunning with that amazing Rolls Royce! We're glad you love your wedding photos and wish you all the best! Gary & Pierre

Jessica · Married on 10/08/2016

Gary was awesome! He knew how to make everyone laugh and was so professional. He was so flexible and accommodating to all of the photos we wanted. We could not have asked for a better photographer for our wedding! The photos all turned out so beautiful.

Karina · Married on 07/31/2016

it was very hard to make a decision on picking the right photographer for our wedding, but we ended up picking the best. Gary was professional, funny and friendly. He made all of our guest feel comfortable. He was also very flexible and the pictures are just beautiful!

Angela · Married on 06/11/2016

Silva and Silva Photography is a husband and wife team. They are so easy going and fun to be around. The engagement session was so fun I didn't want it to end. Day of was great as well. We had our dog in the ceremony and it helped that they were dog people. There was a good mixture of pictures with the dog and without, and some great ones of just the dog running and playing at the beach. I would recommend Silva and Silva for your wedding or any other occasion.

Devon · Married on 04/22/2016

Gary recently photographed our recent elopement. I had some hesitation about the location but Gary assured me there would be plenty of pretty areas that we use. He was super flexible with the amount of time we wanted (I went back and forth a few times). The day of, Gary arrived early and ready to go as soon as we arrived. He also coached us on posing and made sure we got all the combos of us with our guests. Gary took us to a few different spots so we had a variety of locations. He was funny and cordial and really made our day easy and stress free. Our pictures turned out great and we are so thankful that we used Silva and Silva Photograpy. Overall our experience was fantastic and we would highly recommend Silva and Silva for all your photography needs.

Gary was great. Really made our day easy and kept everyone loose.He was always just a text or phone call away. Thank you for making are day great.

R. Marcus · Married on 04/02/2016

Our experience with Silva & Silva was excellent.

During the lead up to our wedding, Gary was always very prompt to reply to our inquiries and always seemed genuinely happy to hear from us - his enthusiasm made us feel good about our choice of photographer from the very beginning. We decided to book Silva & Silva for 2 hours prior to the ceremony and also for the ceremony itself.

On the day of the wedding, Gary arrived on time, ready to go. He respected our time and our schedule and didn't waste a second of it. Some members of our wedding party were not quite ready when Gary arrived, but he took this in stride and made sure to get plenty of shots of everyone who was ready. He was patient with us and made everyone feel comfortable and happy - he's great at getting a smile!

During the ceremony and reception, Gary was always in the right place at the right time. He made sure to get all the "classic" shots as well as numerous candids. He was unobtrusive and never got in the way - very impressive given the relatively packed house we had.

The positive attitude, friendly demeanor and consummate professionalism of Silva & Silva truly helped make our wedding fun and memorable.

Sent on 04/25/2016

Silva & Silva Photography's reply:

Thank you Marc for a wonderful review. I was honored to be part of such an amazing day for you and Larissa. You both, along with your family & friends, were great to work with. I enjoyed every minute of it! Gary