Silk and Glow Reviews

26 Reviews for Silk and Glow

• Mary

Mary L. · Getting married on 05/02/2022

Best HMU vendors!

Whitney and Kate were absolutely fabulous to work with and are so talented. They created different looks for each of my bridesmaids that were flattering to their features while still appearing cohesive. We had a romantic garden wedding and the natural dewy makeup and sweeping updos matched this perfectly. They came to the house we were getting ready in and completed everyone with time to spare. Honestly, it could not have gone more smoothly and I would highly recommend these ladies!

Sent on 03/22/2020
  • Jamie

Jamie R. · Getting married on 10/24/2021

Beyond my Happiest Dreams

When I was first planning my wedding, I did not think to include a bridal session. After having to postpone our wedding not once, but twice, I decided that the dress was too beautiful to wait to wear and I booked bridals earlier this year. I originally posted on the Austin webpage for recommendations on hair and makeup artists and Kate and Whitney were quick to respond. They were absolutely amazing with communication and were prompt to return every email. Due to unforeseen weather, we had to postpone at the last second and they were entirely accommodating.

Now as far as their talent goes... I left feeling like I was about to star in a movie. Both women are equally talented and just exceeded expectations beyond my wildest imagination. They made sure I left feeling nothing but beautiful and content with the service.

I’ve attached some photos of my special day. I seriously look at these photos and am just in awe. If you’re anything like me, I tend to be hard on my body image but I keep looking back at these thinking I look so beautiful. Thank you ladies, for blessing me with your talents and impeccable service!

Sent on 12/07/2020

Chloé B. · Getting married on 08/15/2021

Exactly what I wanted!

I saw Silk + Glow tagged in a coworkers wedding photos. I went to their Instagram and could not get over their work! They were extremely easy to work with in scheduling my trial, and all the wedding rescheduling due to Covid. It’s months later and everyone still talks about how good the hair and makeup was at my wedding!

Sent on 12/02/2020

Kadi E. · Married on 12/05/2020

Miracle workers

Kate & Whitney made me feel so gorgeous, and like I was about to walk down they aisle even though I was only going dress shopping. I simply showed them my inspo pics and they made everything come to life. I can’t say enough good things. I highly recommend them!!

Sent on 12/07/2020
  • Minhtran

Minhtran · Married on 11/21/2020

AMAZING, volume, flawless

The dream team. Alexis and Kate were the sweetest to deal with while booking. I had so many changes to my booking because of COVID and they were so patient and sweet. Kate is volume queen! I wanted our hair with a lot of volume so we could be closer to Jesus and boy did she come through. She took us to the gates of the lord! Whitney, how can you be so good at hair AND makeup! My family was obsessed with their hair and makeup and I would 100 percent hire them again for any event. I just want to be their friends. They are so cool and sweet! Thank you guys so much!

Sent on 12/02/2020
  • Mariah

Mariah C. · Married on 06/06/2020

Dynamic Duo

Whitney & Kate did an amazing job on all of my bridesmaids, MOB, and my bridal hair and make up. They were very professional and blended right in during the day of chaos. Silk + Glow were very accommodating when we had to change our wedding date due to COVID. They are a dream team to work with and can do any hair style and make up look!! WOULD LOVE TO WORK WITH AGAIN!

Sent on 06/12/2020

Brooke S. · Married on 12/01/2019

These girls made my wedding hair/makeup dreams come true!

Y’all I can’t rave enough about these ladies! I had some photos I showed them for inspiration, but I told them I wanted to look like Stevie Nicks had a baby with Dolly Parton. And just like the hair magicians they are, THEY MADE IT HAPPEN!

None of my bridesmaids wanted their makeup done, and I was hesitant about mine as well because m, frankly, anyone besides yourself doing your own makeup is TERRIFYING. Well the bridesmaids saw how amazing Whitney made my face look and they all literally paid her on the Spot to do their own.
    Side note: make sure you follow their timeline the day of, because I thought it was a little early, but with the added last minute makeups, their timing was impeccable!

They were so much fun to work with and I would recommend these ladies 1000xs over!

Thanks again, girls!

Sent on 12/05/2019

Danielle B. · Married on 09/29/2019

Hair & makeup dream team!

Okay, let me try to summarize how I feel about these two amazing humans.... Kate and Whitney made my girls and me feel like total rockstars! I had an idea of what I wanted for my bridal hair and makeup, but they completely blew my expectations out of the water! I went in for a first-look trial (I highly recommend you do the same) and I immediately knew that these girls were EXACTLY what I needed. I gave them complete creative direction for all my girls (mothers & bridesmaids), and they completely blew us all away. I seriously cannot say enough good things about our experience.

Sent on 11/04/2019

Ashley H. · Married on 09/21/2019

Would use over and over again

These girls were great, I didn't want my hair or makeup to feel heavy or fake, but I wanted to look transformed. They accomplished this, everything felt natural but looked stunning. They are incredibly friendly and comfortable to work with. I'll go to them for any makeup and hair needs I have going forward.

Sent on 06/18/2020

Jeanna C. · Married on 09/14/2019

Highly recommend! I felt so beautiful ❤️

I really enjoyed working with Whitney and Kate! They did an amazing job with my hair and makeup for my boudoir photos/trial and the wedding day. All my bridesmaids loved their outcomes as well!

Sent on 10/10/2019
  • Crystal

Crystal · Married on 07/25/2019

High Quality HMU team

Whitney and Kate were fabulous and professional. I researched a lot for a team that uses cruelty free products on their clients, and Whitney came through. She is also a licensed esthetician, and helped me out by prepping my skin for both my trial and actual wedding day. They were a little late for our start time, but they worked quickly and we didn't feel rushed at all. All my bridesmaids and I felt beautiful and comfortable with them. I would highly recommend silk and glow

Sent on 09/04/2019
  • Victoria

Victoria H. · Married on 07/12/2019

Silk and Glow was wonderful!

Silk and Glow were awesome to work with on our wedding day. They wee super responsive and flexible, generally responding to my (many) emails in the same day. My personal HMU team - Adrian and Becky were so good! They listened to what I wanted and were willing to change anything that wasn't exactly what I envisioned. They were also super sweet and fun to work with! Would definitely use them again.

Sent on 12/14/2019

Allie S. · Married on 03/22/2019

Best Hair and Makeup Team

Whitney and Kate were so wonderful. They made myself and my party look so beautiful for the wedding. We loved them so so much and would hire them again.

Sent on 04/01/2019
  • Kimberly

Kimberly L. · Married on 03/17/2019

Amazing vendor

This duo of women are wending, they went above and beyond for both my appointments, I did my make up trial and hair trial and used that for my boudoir session, they were fabulous, they laughed and had a great time with my girls and made everyone feel amazing , they were so about skin care products to help my skin before the big day, and my make up looked amazing and my hair I couldn’t even believe how great it looked, all of my bridal party loved them also!
    Communication was key in my day and they went above and beyond to make sure both my appointments were 100 Precent

Sent on 03/26/2019

Haley G. · Married on 11/10/2018

Flawless! Love it

Both Kate and Whitney did AMAZING on mine and my bridesmaids make up and hair!!! Love them both and highly recommend! ❤️

Sent on 11/26/2018
  • sarie

Sarie · Married on 11/09/2018

I felt like a goddess

Whitney and Kate are magicians. They are SUCH a fun team who made our bridal party look super models. Their communication is top notch, fast, and effective and they worked magic. They do natural glam so well and my make up held up all night! I felt so beautiful thanks to them!

They did 3 bridesmaids & 4 women in my life and each person looked like them but elevated.

Sent on 03/12/2020

Becky T. · Married on 09/01/2018

Best Hair & Makeup Duo in the Game

FIrst off, response time is ALWAYS very prompt with these ladies- whether it was through text messages or emails. Kate and Whitney are seriously skilled in their craft and had me feeling and looking amazing in my wedding dress! I truly don't have much hair, yet Kate was able to make it look like I had a head full of thick, voluminous hair. Whitney did just as an amazing job on my makeup- highlighting all of my best features and covering all of my imperfections. Love them!

Sent on 03/27/2019

Lexi · Married on 08/18/2018

The Best of the Best!

Whitney and Kate are phenomenal! They really know hair and makeup and are truly amazing at what they do! I felt so beautiful and got so many compliments on both my hair and makeup. I hired them to do my hair and makeup for a ceremony the day before my wedding and I seriously wished I found them earlier to book them for the day of my wedding also. Book this duo for your wedding. You will not be disappointed!

Sent on 11/21/2018

Alejandra P. · Married on 05/24/2018

Great service!

I got my hair and make up done by them for my wedding and I loved it!

Sent on 11/26/2018
  • Braeden

Braeden · Married on 03/20/2018

Hair and Makeup for Shoots

SERIOUSLY SILK AND GLOW is amazing! The makeup and hair stayed on while in Galveston in August which even tho we were hot and the models were sweating the makeup stayed flawless!!!! The quality that they have is like nothing you can compare. I’d love to work with these two again!

Sent on 10/09/2019

Chelsea · Married on 12/31/2017

Whitney and Kate are a dream to work with! They were extremely patient, responsive, talented, and reasonably priced. I cannot think of one single complaint to give them. I have never felt more beautiful and it was because they truly listened to what I wanted. I would recommend 100%

I've attached some photos to show what their work looks like. They did my makeup and my 2 bridemaids :) Book with them! You won't regret it

Sent on 01/08/2018

Diane · Married on 07/24/2016

Whitney and Kate are truly a dream team.

Sent on 01/05/2018
  • F

Frances · Married on 03/07/2015

Kate was amazing! She worked with me to achieve exactly the look I was going for and I couldn't have be happier. She is very easy to work with and extremely talented. My hair and make-up lasted to the end. I can be super picky which may have presented challenges for her but she was determined to make sure I was 100% satisfied. I will be recommending her to everyone I know!!!
    www.perchofstyle.com

Sent on 03/11/2015
  • Hailey

Hailey B. · Married on 09/13/2020

Backyard Wedding with Formal Wedding Hair and Make up!!

My family and bridal party were on a budget after being cancelled and changed plans a few times. We found Whitney and Kate from Silk and Glow and they helped us stay in budget and provide AMAZING looks!! For my small backyard wedding we all sure had the hair and make up for a huge super formal wedding no doubt. They were quick, friendly, and definitely had everyone looking their best.

Sent on 11/30/2020

Morgan · Married on 03/13/2016

The Professional Stylist Team You NEED on Your Big Day!

Whitney and Kate were absolutely amazing -- I still don't know how Kate managed to do my hair so perfectly so quickly. An outdoor event in Texas heat is always a gamble, but I wasn't concerned about my face melting off or my hair falling even once the entire evening. This duo is professional, efficient, and so easy to work with!

Sent on 09/04/2019