Short and Sweet Weddings Reviews

197 | Round Rock, TX

197 Reviews for Short and Sweet Weddings

• Brittany

Brittany T. · Getting married on 05/08/2022

Gary was so nice and easy to work with!

Our officiant, Gary, did an amazing job and was so professional and helpful during the whole process. He shared with us the ceremony transcript well in advance to ensure it was perfect for us. On the day-of he arrive early, and mingled with us and guests. He made the entire process so easy, and communicated clearly the next steps on the marriage license process. He also gave us our wedding book with the ceremony script as a keepsake. We highly recommend working with Gary, and Short & Sweet Weddings. Thank you!

Sent on 08/31/2020

Short and Sweet Weddings's reply:

Thank you for the sweet words about Gary! He truly DOES keep the process as easy as possible for you... and he's a GREAT GUY!
    Congratulations and thanks for the recommendation! :)
  • Katie

Katie C. · Getting married on 12/10/2021

Best Officiant!

Short & Sweet exceeded our expectations! Jackie, our officiant helped make our wedding day so special. She truly captured out story and our love for each other. From beginning to end I was impressed by how professional, compassionate, and kind Jackie & David showed my husband and I. I highly highly recommend using Short & Sweet for your weeding day!

Sent on 10/28/2020

Short and Sweet Weddings's reply:

What a great review! Thank you so much... it's obvious the Officiants who conduct weddings from Short and Sweet Weddings are super sweet and truly care about YOU and your very special day! Thanks & Congratulations!!
  • Kathy

Kathy A. · Getting married on 11/03/2021

Making the Officiant Role Special!

Shelly with Short & Sweet Weddings was amazing for our daughter's Micro-Wedding! She helped design a unique program, kept us on time while still making it special, and was one of the best decisions we made for this important event. We highly recommend her!

Sent on 03/12/2021

Short and Sweet Weddings's reply:

Thanks for the kind words! Shelly definitely knows how to make a special day even more so, she's awesome!
  • Kara

Kara M. · Married on 04/18/2021

Short and Sweet is Amazing

Shelly performed our ceremony and did a wonderful job. It was exactly what we were hoping for and she was so wonderful to work with. Even our family members came up to us to comment on what a wonderful job she did.

Sent on 04/21/2021

Short and Sweet Weddings's reply:

What a great compliment! Shelly does her best to make your ceremony personal and perfect, we're so glad your guests AND YOU enjoyed the ceremony! Congratulations!

Miguel G. · Married on 03/20/2021

Gonzales Wedding

The response was good, our officiant was on time and professional. Gary helped our wedding go smoothly. Really glad we chose him.

Sent on 03/22/2021

Short and Sweet Weddings's reply:

We're so glad Gary was able to make your ceremony wonderful! He is a wonderful man and loves what he does! Congratulations!!
  • Kaitlyn

Kaitlyn · Married on 02/20/2021

A good officiant is a must!!

We chose Cheryl as our officiant and adored her! Before the wedding, we had a few emails and a longer video session to “meet” her and to share more about us and our vision. Cheryl is someone who makes you feel like you’ve known them forever, and it is so comforting. I think the website even mentioned how comforting and calming her smile was during ceremonies, and it was!! Rehearsal was relaxed and fun, and wasn’t done until we felt ready. The ceremony was just as light hearted, with all of the details we asked her for. At the end of the night, people even asked us how long we knew her for, because we seemed so close! Short and Sweet Weddings and Cheryl Broome are the BEST!

Sent on 03/14/2021

Short and Sweet Weddings's reply:

Cheryl absolutely loves people and weddings, this is so obvious! She is amazing and we're so glad she made your special day fantastic!
  • Yoliy

Yoliy G. · Married on 01/30/2021

Captured Our True Love

We did not want something complicated, we wanted something short but meaningful. Shelly captured ever true detail that defined us and our love. She made it into a ceremony no one will ever forget! ❤️

Sent on 01/31/2021

Short and Sweet Weddings's reply:

Aww, thank you Yoliy & Arik! What a blessing it was for me to be a part of this GREAT DAY! Congrats to you both & remember to hug often! ~Shelly
  • Shida

Shida · Married on 01/17/2021

David Tropea was a godsend!

David Tropea was a godsend! His wisdom, calm demeanor, and great advice helped us prepare for the day of, and the many days to come. We chose him for his smile in his picture and fell in love with his attitude and charisma! He is a great guy!

Sent on 03/01/2021

Short and Sweet Weddings's reply:

Congratulations! David is very passionate about people and making sure your wedding day is amazing. We're so glad he was great for you!
  • Chris

Chris C. · Married on 01/10/2021

David Koepka - simply the best

David Koepka, with Short & Sweet Weddings, was everything we could have asked for. He said and did all the right things. My favorite thing about David was that he truly wanted the ceremony to be about US. He even made a few suggestions that made the ceremony even better. One example was suggesting we make the ceremony “device free”. This was one thing we did not think of ourselves, but thought was a great idea! He really wanted people to be there in the moment with us. He catered everything to us and our ideas and he navigated it all perfectly. In fact, we even had guests later compliment the great job he did. I cannot express in words how perfect he was for us and I know you will be 100% satisfied as well.

Sent on 12/16/2019
  • L Cross

L Cross · Married on 01/02/2021

Short and Sweet Weddings

We can’t thank Short and Sweet Weddings enough for making our day so special. David was our officiant and he was a true blessing to work with. He met us a couple months prior to our wedding and patiently answered all of our questions. He wrote the most beautiful script and guided us in writing personalized vows. On the day of the wedding he showed up an hour early to assist with any last minute details. We highly recommend David and Short and Sweet Weddings!

Sent on 01/13/2021

Short and Sweet Weddings's reply:

CONGRATS and thanks for the kind words! David truly is a gem and obviously loves what he does. Big hugs to you and blessings on your marriage!

Kristin S. · Married on 12/05/2020

Great service!

Our officiant was Gary. We got to meet him and have a talk with him before making our decision to choose short and sweet weddings to officiate. Gary was very responsive and allowed us to add in and make changes to the wedding ceremony he wrote up for us. If you want a short and sweet wedding they are the way to go!

Sent on 12/07/2020
  • Caleb

Caleb G. · Married on 11/08/2020

Excellent & lives up to name

Gary did a wonderful job! We wanted something simple without alot of lines and stress. He took care of everything for us.

Sent on 11/09/2020

Short and Sweet Weddings's reply:

We're so glad Gary could jump in a take care of you on this GREAT DAY! He's a wonderful man and awesome officiant! Thanks for the compliment!
  • Trivino

Trivino E. · Married on 10/31/2020

Nothing short of Excellent

Short and Sweet Weddings is one of the best officiant services I've ever had the pleasure of working with! Alejandro was timely and had exuded sweet energy throughout the entirety of the ceremony. He was extremely personable, and very easy to communicate with. He truly incorporated the couple's style with his words, and provided one of the most memorable ceremonies I have ever had the pleasure of witnessing. He is bilingual, and elegantly performed the ceremony in English and Spanish. I look forward to working many more future events with him and Short and Sweet Weddings!

Sent on 05/03/2021
  • Claire

Claire L. · Married on 08/22/2020

Perfect officiant in every way!

Scott was amazing! He wrote such a beautiful ceremony script and worked with us to add personal touches and customize it. My husband and I love wine so his suggestion for a wine unity box was so fantastic. Scott’s experience shown through, my husband described how calming he was up there at the alter - letting us have our moment but coaching us through. He even reminded Rob to hug his brother/best man when he started tearing up behind him. He went above and beyond during cocktail hour asking each of our guests to place notes in our wine unity box. We were able to send out our ceremony video to our friends and family who couldn’t make it and we could watch this kind soul marry us again and again! Thank you Scott!

Sent on 08/28/2020

Short and Sweet Weddings's reply:

Hi Claire, thank you for such kind words. I really enjoyed working with you both and I am happy that I was able to settle the nerves that were firing up. I really appreciate you taking the time to give me a review because it shows me I did right by you two. And making it personal is what it's all about. I love what I do and again was honored to work with you. Live a long life of love and happiness and never forget those vows you made to each other. Oh 1 last thing, on your first anniversary have a drink of wine for me!
    Sincerely your friend,
    Scott Cole
  • Deb

Deb C. · Married on 08/22/2020

Wonderful Ceremony!

Scott Cole was a very nice officiant and was very professional. He gave a copy of the service to the couple and parents, so that it matched what the couple wanted. The ceremony was short, but meaningful and memorable. He was also able to help during the service to remind participants to be ready for certain things. We can highly recommend Scott and Short and Sweet weddings!

Sent on 09/12/2020

Short and Sweet Weddings's reply:

Thank you for the compliment! Scott is very much a meaningful-and-memorable kind of guy! His goal is to make sure your wedding are exactly those 2 words. Congratulations and hug often!

Lilly M. · Married on 08/15/2020

Perfect Officiant

Scott was our officiant, and from the beginning was easy to talk to and made us feel comfortable. He took the time to get to know us and wrote a beautiful ceremony for us. We were able to review and make any changes that we wanted. The day of, Scott eased our nerves and got us ready. He did a beautiful job and our ceremony was perfect.

Sent on 08/23/2020

Short and Sweet Weddings's reply:

Thank you for sharing! I feel honored to be a part of your big day, and very grateful that I could help make the day a little less stressful. It's important to me that you feel like the ceremony was a reflection of you! Congratulations again! ~Scott
  • Tara

Tara · Married on 08/15/2020

David was amazing!

This was the most difficult vendor for us to choose. We had so many set appointments to talk and would stand us up. David was always on time and was present in the moment. You can really tell he loves what he does and even got a little choked up at the wedding. Everyone thought we knew him for a long time! Thank you so much David! We were so happy with our ceremony!

Sent on 09/05/2020

Short and Sweet Weddings's reply:

Thank you for your sweet words about David... he definitely considers himself your "friend" and obviously he's very compassionate about the institution of marriage! Yours! Congratulations again!

Samantha M. · Married on 07/25/2020

What a great day!

Oh where do I even begin. During this pandemic, my husband and I’s original officiant’s wife was diagnosed with breast cancer a week prior to our wedding. After trying to find other family friend’s to officiate, we leaned on Sweet and Short Weddings. I called Shelly around 8 pm that week and she answered without a beat and immediately stated they would do it and be there without questions asked. Scott was assigned and boy am I so THANKFUL for him. When my husband and I felt like we had no one, we had him and he jumped in and made the day amazing. I highly recommend this responsive, professional, but yet personal company for your big day!

Sent on 07/26/2020

Short and Sweet Weddings's reply:

We're so happy Scott could help make your day wonderful! Thank you for the kind words! Congratulations & prayers for your family friend, we wish you THE BEST!

Sandra · Married on 07/11/2020

Scott was great

Short notice wedding, great to have someone readily available. Scott was very receptive to feelings and calming to frantic nerves. He was really great!

Sent on 07/14/2020

Short and Sweet Weddings's reply:

We're so happy Scott was available to conduct your wedding! He's an amazing Officiant and obviously loves what he does. Congratulations!

Ashley H. · Married on 06/06/2020

David is Amazing

David was the officiant for our wedding and he was amazing!

Sent on 06/14/2020

Short and Sweet Weddings's reply:

Thank you for the kind words! David does a fantastic job of creating a GREAT memory for your wedding, right?!
  • Amberlyn

Amberlyn C. · Married on 05/23/2020

Amazing Ceremony with this Company

Our officiant, Scott, did an incredible job officiating our intimate wedding. He was very accommodating during the whole process and did a great job capturing my husband and I's vision for our wedding ceremony. He kept it lighthearted, yet serious and helped my husband and I through our tears as we said our vows! The ceremony transcript was perfect and he shared it before the wedding to make sure we were okay with everything that would be said. He really did an incredible job, you will not be disappointed with Short and Sweet Weddings. I highly recommend them!

Sent on 05/30/2020

Short and Sweet Weddings's reply:

Your vows were great and very personal, I'm glad you got through them (tears are OK!). Thank you for the kind words and thanks for letting me be a part of your wedding day! ~Scott

Anne · Married on 05/16/2020

great experience

Gary performed a wonderful ceremony for us. He is very kind, sweet, professional, and flexible. Also, people from Short and Sweet Weddings are helpful.

Sent on 09/30/2020

Short and Sweet Weddings's reply:

Thanks for the wonderful words! Gary is an amazing man and he's obviously very passionate about weddings, YOURS especially! Congratulations!

Sanna B. · Married on 05/10/2020

Professional, Personal, and a Ceremony that Reflected Us!

We ABSOLUTELY recommend Short and Sweet Weddings to anyone and everyone! Scott Cole was extremely personable, reliable, professional, and did everything he could to make our wedding ceremony as personal as possible. He took the time through multiple phone and video calls and emails to make sure we were comfortable with all aspects of the ceremony, and even went out of his way to incorporate personal family traditions! We’re so grateful to Scott for his words and dedication, thank you so much for making our day so charming and personal!

Sent on 10/19/2020

Short and Sweet Weddings's reply:

This is such a GREAT testimony to Scott's dedication! He really cares about this momentous day and occasion. He's such a great guy and we're so happy he was able to answer questions and make your wedding a wonderful memory!
  • Cat

Cat O. · Married on 03/20/2020

This is the best officiant in town

We had to get married 2.5 times during Covid. The first time was march 20, 2020. We had originally planned a huge wedding for that date but, as you know, parties dropped down to 10. Our officiant, Shelly, still came and performed the wedding for us. It was a very simple, small, "courthouse wedding" but she still made it absolutely beautiful. I am so glad it was her who was there because I'm not sure I could have taken one more disappointment. Keep in mind, she had to completely redesign the wedding because we had some complicated things in there that just wouldn't work out under the new court house arrangement.

Then, we rescheduled our party for July 4th because we believed that it would just take 2 weeks to slow the spread, as the government was saying. We loved Shelly so much that we rehired her. That wedding had to be cancelled because cases spiked and the governor and mayor shut us down. She refunded us the entire amount and just told us to give her a call if we decided to reschedule.

Finally, the day came. March 20, 2021. She rewrote the entire wedding for us, included humor, and included everything I wanted. As happens with all weddings, we had to make some adjustments 2 days before because some of my family (who were doing key parts in the wedding) could not make it.

Shelly was completely responsive and made the day very special for my husband and I. I got several compliments on her voice, tone, and overall mastery of officiating. We loved her speech, wedding organization and positive attitude. She went above and beyond for us - even finding a music stand at the last moment for my forgetful guitarist!

I never plan on getting married again (planning 2.5 weddings in 1 year is enough for me!) But if i did, i would hire her again in a heartbeat.

Sent on 03/22/2021

Short and Sweet Weddings's reply:

This is a true testament to Shelly's dedication to her couples and her intention to do everything possible (which includes bringing a music stand) so your wedding day is amazing!
    She is amazing and we're so glad you don't have to get married again (2.5 is plenty!) -- but you know Shelly'd be first in line if you DID have to! CONGRATULATIONS!