Shirley Acres Reviews

Shirley Acres 2
Shirley Acres 3

Bre’Aun Grays · Getting married on 03/29/2020

Shirley Acres

Shirley Acres is a breath taking property. From the drive up to the actual tour, my fiance and I absolutely loved everything they had to offer. Bob was very nice and was excellent in answering every question I had. The staff was very attentive and the open house was to die for! Anyone would be lucky to have their wedding in such a beautiful place!

Sent on 08/16/2019
  • Floyd

Floyd · Getting married on 03/29/2020

Shirley Acres

Bob and his team really are one of a kind. My fiance and I loved the property from the moment we pulled up till when we left, we felt very welcomed by the staff. The energy was very positive from Bob and he is open to answer any and all questions you can think of. I am thankful to be able to have my wedding here and would recommend them to any and everyone.

Sent on 08/16/2019

Shirley Acres's reply:

Hi Floyd - thank you so much for the kind words! The Shirley Acres Team sincerely considers hosting weddings an honor and strive to make each couple's dream come true and we are very happy that you guys will have a lifetime of beautiful memories of your wedding day at Shirley Acres!!
    Bob Shirley and the Team
  • Hayley

Hayley · Married on 05/31/2019

Everything you need and more!

When my husband and I began the search for our wedding venue, we were looking for a place that would be able to take care of everything and we definitely found that in Shirley Acres. Since the beginning of our process they were very helpful in answering all of our questions we had, as well as being so accommodating for our big day. From the food (we had people with food allergies and they made sure everyone was taken care of), to the flowers, to the drinks Shirley Acres took care of it all and we could not have been happier! Our day of coordinator, Charity, was so amazing! She took care of things that I would not have even thought of, and made sure everything ran smoothly for our big day. Having a day of coordinator was definitely a large reason why we ended up choosing Shirley Acres, as was the on site florist, Jim. He did such a wonderful job and really brought my ideas to life. There are so many wonderful things about this venue, but I think the thing that puts them over the edge is their professionalism. Every time I would reach out to Shirley Acres, it did not matter who I talked to, every one was so knowledgable and attentive to my requests. We would highly recommend Shirley Acres as your wedding venue choice, you will not be disappointed!

Sent on 07/05/2019
    Shirley Acres 4
    Shirley Acres 5

Shirley Acres's reply:

Hi Hayley: Thank you so much for that sweet review! We sincerely appreciate your kind words and I am so happy that Shirley Acres was the venue you chose for your very special wedding day! We wish you guys the very best and we know that your future is bright!

Bob Shirley and the Shirley Acres Team

Amanda · Married on 04/06/2019

Wonderful!

From the moment we walked into Shirley Acres we knew we had found the one. From the plush green landscape to the beautiful florals and foliage - it was the kind of picturesque venue we had always imagined for our wedding. Shirley Acres did not disappoint - the staff were amazing especially Charity who co-ordinated our wedding. Charity was heaven sent and I must say that anybody who has her as a co-ordinator should thank God! The food and service was excellent and they are such a flexible venue. Everything went extremely well! Thanks Shirley Acres and Charity for making my big day so special.

Sent on 08/02/2019

Shirley Acres's reply:

Amanda, thank you so much for your compliments! Shirley Acres truly tries to provide the very best wedding experience for every couple! We wish you the very best in your new journey as a married couple.

Bob and Karla Shirley and the entire staff!

Jocelyn · Married on 06/02/2018

I recommend 10/10!! The coordinators and staff are so accommodating and sweet:) breathtaking venue and YUMMY food!

Sent on 07/31/2018
    Shirley Acres 6

Marissa · Married on 02/24/2018

Our day was perfect thanks to the team at Shirley Acres! They are wonderful!!!

Sent on 03/16/2018

Valery · Married on 10/20/2017

Magical Venue

This place is magical! The venue is gorgeous and the people are wonderful. The staff helped us with every single detail and the service was extraordinary. I recommend this place to everyone! They made my wedding truly spectacular and I felt like they went out of their way to make us happy. I'm very impressed with everything that they did for us and the price was so competitive!! I wish I could give it more than 5 stars!!

Sent on 12/18/2018

Rebekah · Married on 01/21/2017

I cannot recommend Shirley Acres enough! Every employee is kind, professional, efficient, and exceptional at their job. They are quick and excellent communicators and do everything they can to make sure that your wedding day runs smoothly. Even though we only had a three month engagement, Krystal and Jennifer were on the ball in making sure that every detail was perfect. I was so relieved to know that I didn't have to worry about anything the day of the wedding! The flowers and decor were beautiful and the food was delicious. Overall, we could not have asked for a better or more stress-free day.

Sent on 02/23/2017

Virginia · event on 11/07/2016

Sheila Cannon is the BEST. In the years Shirley Acres has been hosting our senior event of 250+, Sheila and her staff have always been professional, courteous, and have provided the best of service. Sheila herself is so warm and gracious and sees that our every need is met and has always been accessible. Truly she is one of the main reasons we continue to have our Annual Senior Recognition Event at your facility. Just beautiful Thank you Sheila.

Sent on 11/07/2016

Kassie · Married on 09/10/2016

Words cannot express how wonderful our wedding at Shirley Acres was. Everything was so much more than I expected. Shelia was an absolute dream to work with! She knew everything I needed before I even knew. She did such a great job incorporating my extra decor(even though it was frivolous because the decor provided was amazing!). Shelia was even there to calm me now when I had a minor meltdown before heading out to the ceremony! The food is cooked on sight with many options to choose from. My hubby and I chose the fajitas and received raving reviews from all of our guests on how good they were! We couldn't get all of our belongings picked up that evening and Shirley Acres packaged everything up for us and let us get it picked up the next business day! I couldn't have asked for a better experience and will definitely recommend this venue to anyone who asks!

Sent on 09/20/2016

Nekita · Married on 08/20/2016

Shirley Acres was the first place I went when looking for a venue. When I say the owner Bob set the bar every other place didn't even compare. He along with his entire staff were a pleasure to work with. The property is absolutely beautiful. I encourage everyone to attend there open house it gives you a feel of how your day will look i guarantee you will fall in love.. Special thanks to my coordinator Christina thanks for everything.. My fairytale wedding was a dream come true..

Sent on 09/01/2016

Priscilla · Married on 07/30/2016

This is our second event at Shirley Acres and you can rest assure that you can leave all your worries behind! Shirley Acre's will handle all your needs with ease. The family loved it so much that we are planning another event for the future!

Sent on 09/14/2016

Julie · Married on 06/11/2016

I highly recommend Shirley Acres for anyone, but particularly if you need special accommodations. My now husband and I rushed our engagement to be sure an ill family member could attend and Shirley Acres helped us as much as possible every step of the way! From special diets, to wheel chairs, to babies this venue was the best at working with us! My entire family and my husband's family had the best experience! I couldn't imagine our wedding being more perfect!

Sent on 06/16/2016

Danielle · Married on 05/29/2016

We had a great experience with Shirley Acres. They met our every need and more. Extremely attentive and made it perfect for our big day. The flowers were beautiful and made on site, as well was the food, which was delicious. What really sold us was the garden area where we had the ceremony. It was gorgeous and green with plentiful flowers. The Dj was great, he definitely had a feel for the crowd and played the perfect music to keep people dancing. Christina was our coordinator and she was fantastic. She kept everything on schedule and made sure we were happy. We would absolutely recommend it!
    Tyler and Danielle

Sent on 06/05/2016
  • O

Ozeal · event on 04/02/2016

Great venue. Friendly Staff. Food is amazing. Jane, Shelia, and the rest of the staff are professional , friendly, and take great value in making the clients and their guests feel like they're VIP as it should be. Highly recommended.

Sent on 04/17/2016

Candace · Married on 01/15/2016

Extremely organized, very detailed oriented, very professional, elegant venue!!! We selected Shirley Acres for the very reasonable price. My son and his wife had a perfect wedding. Everything was taken care of and our family's only job was to have a memorable evening with friends and relatives. Great experience!!!

Sent on 08/14/2016

Michelle · Married on 11/14/2015

We had to plan our wedding in a very short time and was pretty worried about the whole process. I stumbled onto Shirley Acres while searching online and you dont know how glad I was to have found this gem! They do literally EVERYTHING for you, so you dont have to worry about the details. They provide food, wine/beer, dj, photobooth, flowers, cake, officiant, and more! Planning our wedding was such a breeze thanks to the Shirley Acres team. Bob Shirley is such a sweetheart and Jane our wedding coordinator was awesome. Very flexible to our needs and wants and always made sure that we were happy. We've been to our fair share of weddings and in all honesty the food is always bland, but the food that Shirley Acres dished out was so delicious and juicy! We've already recommended Shirley Acres to our friends that are single, hehehe. Thank you so much for being a lovely host for our wedding!

Sent on 12/14/2015

Benjamin · Married on 11/06/2015

Jane and Bob were amazing. I couldn't recommend Shirley Acres too highly. My wife and I were very diligent in our efforts to find the "right" venue and group of folks to work with, and these fine people represent the best decision we made during the entire process.

incredibly helpful, easy to work with, accommodating and warm. I loved my wedding, and there is no small part that must be attributed to the effort and support from the staff at Shirley Acres. From the food on down to the planning and execution, it was exceptional.

- Ben

Sent on 11/29/2015

Courtney · Married on 09/19/2015

We loved Shirley Acres. They offer almost everything in-house, making wedding planning so much less stressful! They will fully customize your wedding to whatever you want. The in-house catering and baker were an absolute favorite with our guests.

Sent on 11/02/2015

Narmin · Married on 08/28/2015

Shirley Acres and their staff is amazing! I had so much fun at my wedding, everything went great! Their wedding coordinators are awesome, they help you with everything. They are very flexible and responsive. They did not treat us as "just clients", they were very caring and loving. Thank you Jane and Sheila!

Sent on 09/16/2015

We visited several venues prior to selecting Shirley Acres but we were absolutely thrilled with the services provide for our daughters wedding. The facility, staff and catering were wonderful! Shirley Acres & staff made the wedding very special.

Sent on 08/07/2015

Sonya · Married on 06/06/2015

We had our daughter's quinceanera this past weekend at Shirley Acres. It was a beautiful night. The property is beautiful and the courtyard is stunningly gorgeous. The flowers, the cake, the beautifully decorated Garden Room. We were blown away by the fantastic staff, the chef, and everyone involved. Bob and Jane are fantastic, they took care of everything for us. Our food was delicious, the music was great (they found the DJ for us). My daughter had a fantastic time. We have been receiving many compliments from our friends and family on the beautiful venue. I would recommend this to anyone who would like to have a fabulous celebration.

Sent on 06/08/2015

Krista · Married on 12/13/2014

Best venue ever. we are so pleased to work with them. They have been so flexible with us. Helping us to make everything that we want individual to our wedding happen and able to flow smoothly. They are all wonderful there. We can't wait for our wedding. Next weekend!!!

Sent on 12/06/2014

Pri · Married on 10/19/2014

This place made my wedding day an absolute dream come true. We did an Indian ceremony there and the wedding coordinator was super flexible and knowledgeable about it regardless of her background. She was patient and caring, she kept me sane through the process making it a stress free and enjoyable day!

Sent on 11/12/2014