Sheraton Virginia Beach Oceanfront Hotel Reviews

Sheraton Virginia Beach Oceanfront Hotel 5
  • Betty

Betty Clayman-Deatley · Getting married on 03/06/2020

Sheraton/VA Beach

In any situation within the hospitality business it is the people you work and communicate with who can make or break a hotel stay or event. Both the special events/wedding planner and the restaurant manager made my family and friends feel like royalty.

Sent on 10/24/2019
  • Sherry

Sherry · Married on 10/05/2019

It’s All About The Wedding Coordinator

Any venue on the beach is going to be beautiful, and we looked at quite a few, but what really struck us the most was our wedding coordinator, Nancy Rosen. Her warm and sweet personality is what sealed the deal for us because we immediately felt like we were in good hands, and we knew she was going to take care of us and help us through the planning process. She was so attentive to our needs, responsive, helpful in so many ways, and she and I communicated so much through this process that she wasn’t just our coordinator, she became our friend and part of our family. My family loved Nancy, and she made such an impression with all of us. On our wedding day, everything went flawlessly, and it was because Nancy and her team of people were working behind the scenes making sure everything was perfect. Because of the relationship we established with her, we will most definitely be back once a year to see our friend Nancy, and to stay at the Sheraton to remember our perfect day. The entire staff at the Sheraton, from the front desk staff to the people that helped setup our wedding, was so incredibly helpful, patient, and kind and I am so grateful to them all for making our day the most amazing day of our lives.

Sheraton Virginia Beach Oceanfront Hotel 6
    Sheraton Virginia Beach Oceanfront Hotel 7
    Sent on 10/14/2019

Sherry,
    Thanks so much for all of your kind words! I loved getting to know you both and loved your family and friends as well. The love for each other that you two have shows and spreads to everyone you meet. I know you will have a lifetime of love and happiness. I look forward to your visits here to the Sheraton. All my best to you and your family, Nancy

Janet Mercadante · Married on 09/22/2019

Our expectations were met from start to finish!

Nancy Rosen and her team took care of us from the beginning. They exceeded our expectations throughout our dealings with them. They delivered on their promises and were highly professional and responsive. We would highly recommend Nancy for any of your wedding or event planning needs!

Sent on 10/26/2019
  • Amanda

Amanda Ansell · Married on 09/07/2019

Hurricane Wedding!

I cannot express enough how great the Sheraton was hosting our guests for our wedding! A year of planning and a hurricane was expected that weekend! Nancy was so helpful, even though the Sheraton was booked, she found a way to fit us in the hotel restaurant if needed. The weather ended up being beautiful, but the way the hotel helped ease our minds along the way makes it feel like a home away from home!

Sheraton Virginia Beach Oceanfront Hotel 8
    Sheraton Virginia Beach Oceanfront Hotel 9
    Sent on 09/20/2019

Sheraton Virginia Beach Oceanfront Hotel's reply:

Thanks so much for all your kind words, I miss you all so much already! Please let me know when you are coming back to Virginia Beach and all my best to the two of you! Nancy
  • Madison

Madison Semonich · Married on 09/06/2019

If you want a beautiful, stress free wedding and amazing food... book your wedding at the Sheraton

Nancy helped a lot, as well as the wedding coordination team to make a stress free, beautiful wedding. The food was AMAZING. It was extremely affordable for a wedding, if you’re worried about budget. We were worried we would never be able to afford the wedding of our dreams and the Sheraton made it perfect! I would recommend this venue to everyone. We had about 50 guests and we had the room with an ocean view for the ceremony and reception. It was gorgeous.

Sent on 09/16/2019

Madison,
    Thanks so much for the kind words, you were such a great pleasure to work with and look forward to seeing the pictures as well as all the other great pictures you will be sharing. Please stay in touch!! Thanks again, Nancy

Michelle Green · Married on 08/30/2019

Simply Amazing!

I am excited to leave this review!! I and my guests had a wonderful time. Nancy Rosen is absolutely amazing! From the constant communication throughout the process to the interactions on the day of, I could not have asked for a better person to complete my day! Rohan (sp) and his team of servers and chefs were amazing as well, they completely put the finishing touches on the food and service!!! Thanks you again! Michael and I were extremely satisfied!!!
    The Greens

Sent on 09/11/2019

Michelle and Michael,
    I loved working with you both to help plan your wedding day, lots of laughs and fun! The two of you are so great together and enjoyed all the fun friends on the dance floor! Looking forward to seeing you again soon! All my best, Nancy

Tia Reid · Married on 07/05/2019

Amazing place to hold a reception for a wedding.

Everything turned out amazing. The views for the reception is right on the beach. The Wedding specialist Nancy Rosen was a huge help to us for planning every little detail to our perfect day. The chefs did a fantastic job with all of our Hors d’oeuvres, 3 different entrees, ice cream sundae & cookie bar, & post reception munches. The best part is free valet parking for all wedding attendees, which was helpful since the wedding was the day after 4th of July. Just a wonderful experience overall. No complaints.

Sheraton Virginia Beach Oceanfront Hotel 10
    Sheraton Virginia Beach Oceanfront Hotel 18
    Sheraton Virginia Beach Oceanfront Hotel 19
    Sent on 07/27/2019

Tia,
    Thanks so much and love your pictures, please send via email your pictures once you get them. You looked absolutely gorgeous, not just on outside but inside as well. All my best for your future together and hope you will come see me when in VB! Nancy

Liz · Married on 05/11/2019

The total package!!!

We had our wedding at the Sheraton this moneybags and it was everything we’d hoped for plus more! Nancy was a joy to work with and always had quick reply’s with questions or concerns. The staff were excellent the day & night of and helped make our dream wedding come alive! I would definitely recommend.

Sent on 05/18/2019

Liz,
    I miss you both already, please come by and visit with updates! Please email me your wedding photos i would love to see them! Hope you and Mike are doing well, thanks again for the kind words, Nancy

shilpa · Married on 03/23/2019

best vendor

wonderful experience, we recommend them

Sent on 05/17/2019

Stacy · Married on 02/16/2019

The Staff Was Great!

The staff was very personable and accommodating, especially Nancy.

Sent on 05/17/2019

Christina · Married on 01/12/2019

Excellent Venue, Coordinator, Staff, and Food

I can't say enough good things about the Sheraton and Nancy Rosen and her staff. Everything was done properly and the staff was very friendly and helpful. I received many compliments from guest about the food and the service.

Sent on 02/05/2019
  • Natasha

Natasha Jones · Married on 11/11/2018

Beautiful Oceanfront Venue

I got married at the Sheraton on November 11th 2018. From the day that we came to look at the venue, Nancy Rosen, made us feel completely at home. We planned out a long-distance wedding and she made it feel all so easy! Out of the 10 venues we looked at while in VA beach, this was the only one we felt comfortable with! Nancy was always available or gave us a call back in a timely manner. The view from the gala is beautiful, i loved being able to see the ocean during my ceremony. Food was phenomenal - we customized one our our entree's and it was perfectly made. Staff was great! Thank you so much to the team at the Sheraton!

Sent on 12/15/2018

Natasha,
    Thanks so much and I miss you already! Both of you were so sweet and loved helping you plan your destination wedding with us at the Sheraton! I hope you are both doing well and will enjoy your first "married" Christmas and holiday season together! Please come visit me in the New Year! All my best, Nancy
  • Jackie

Jackie · Married on 10/20/2018

Couldn't be a better fit!

Nancy was wonderful to work with. She listened to what was important to us and worked with us to make it a win-win for both sides. We had majority of our guests traveling from out of state and wanted a venue that could have affordable rooms for the guests and a ceremony and reception space. We wanted it to be easy and convenient for our guests so they didn't have to find their way around a town they weren't familiar with. I HIGHLY recommend this venue!

Sent on 11/03/2018

Sheraton Virginia Beach Oceanfront Hotel's reply:

Thank you Jackie! It was truly great getting to know you and Brian throughout the planning process and enjoyed meeting all your family and friends. You were absolutely stunning and cannot wait to see your pictures. Enjoy your future together and please let me know when you are at the oceanfront! Thanks again Nancy
  • Ariel

Ariel · Married on 10/13/2018

Superb Value for A Beautiful Venue

The Sheraton Virginia Beach Oceanfront Hotel was everything I could have hoped for in a venue for our wedding. So much bang for your buck. In the months of planning before the wedding, Nancy and her team ensured all the details were in order and always followed up on details I had forgotten about. They were open minded and flexible when listening to my requests to make our wedding more “us” and personal. We were very pleased with how helpful and friendly all the hotel staff were that weekend, they all made sure we were taken care of and went above and beyond. I never once thought about the timeline of the day, Nancy was there making sure everything was going as planned. And it did! Right before the ceremony I went to get my vail and got separated from the bridal party and one of the front desk associates took me to a route to get to the ceremony space unseen. They all truly went above and beyond. We were very well taken care of.

All our guests had a great time, making a weekend out of the event staying in the oceanfront hotel rooms. It was so nice to have everyone we loved in one place all weekend, it ensured we had time to truly talk and visit with everyone. The beds were soft, the rooms spacious and clean. Plus, an oceanfront room can’t be beat. Since it was October, out of peak season, the beach was almost clear of tourists, creating a more relaxing and peaceful time at the beach. Everything being in one place was SO convenient AND saved money. My husband and I both rented a large suite to get ready in, these were perfect. Large enough for my eight bridesmaids, the hair and make-up crew, and friends stopping in.

The space where we held the ceremony, the Grand Ocean Foyer, was stunning. Guests faced the large ocean view windows and sat in long angled rows. It was a unique ceremony space, reflecting the uniqueness we were looking to have at our ceremony and wedding.

We rented another ballroom for the cocktail hour and guest enjoyed themselves while we finished up taking pictures. Our bridal party went downstairs to the Fusion Restaurant, a visually pleasing space with a private section in the back to enjoy cocktail hour. It was a great time to relax after the nerves of the day and be with close friends before the reception. We rented the Grand Ocean Ballroom to host the reception. It was a blank canvas for us, and Nancy and her team allowed us to make it our own. They allowed me to hang an installation from the ceiling. We chose to use the hotel group for catering, and it was the best decision we could have made. The food was so good. A majority of our guests came to us after the weekend, telling us how much they loved the food and had never had “wedding food” like that. We had access to glass centerpiece vases for flowers and saved so much money using theses. The hotel also provided the table cloths and chair covers, saving us money on the rentals. They set up the ballroom and broke it down. We did not have to even think about these things. It was wonderful. We were able to have the wedding of our dreams for so much less.

Sent on 12/06/2018

Ariel and Garrett,
    Thanks so much for all of your kind words, but with two people as sweet as you two, it was easy to help you plan your dream wedding! It was absolutely beautiful and you were absolutely breathtaking. The pictures of your wedding were amazing and really captured the love you two have for each other as well as for your families. I was honored to be a part of your wedding planning and day of. Here's to many, many years of love, health and happiness together and i know you and Garrett will do great things together! All my love and best, Nancy
  • F

Fred · Married on 10/07/2018

Great to Work With

Nancy and the team at the Sheraton were great. Event was wonderful.

Sent on 12/09/2018

Sheraton Virginia Beach Oceanfront Hotel's reply:

Thanks so much, it was great getting to know you both and please come by and visit me!! Your friends and family were so sweet and your wedding was beautiful. Wishing you both many years of love and happiness! Nancy

Andrea · Married on 10/04/2018

5 stars not enough :)

Our experience at the Sheraton Virginia Beach was awesome. My fiance and I looked at different venues in Va beach, the Sheraton offered the best value for an affordable price comparing to others. We were already sold by the view in the Ocean Grand Foyer. Miss Nacy was extremely helpful with her knowledge in local vendors and her extended work experience with weddings. We took her advice on our wedding cake and we couldn't be more grateful. She was very valuable since we are not local from VA beach. Food at the Sheraton was exquisite!!! Every guest complimented our plated dinner, not only they were able to accommodate our dietary restrictions they went above and beyond with the Hors-d'oeuvres. Miss Nancy and the Sheraton made the wedding decoration so easy, they will include centerpieces, linens, candles, napkins, and much more, it was so convenient, especially if you are coming out of town! The hotel offers many amenities to keep guest busy and entertained, rooms are clean and they have a professional staff always available. Look no further guys you will not regret having your wedding at the Sheraton!

Sent on 12/27/2018

Andrea and Guy,
    Thanks so much for the kind words and you two were so amazing to work with, even if it was from a distance! Great family and friends to celebrate with, they were all so warm and friendly! I hope you enjoy the first holiday season as a married couple and looking forward to seeing you both when you make your way back to visit! All my best for a Happy, Healthy New Year! Nancy

Joel Neaman · Married on 09/22/2018

Strongly Recommend this Hotel for your Wedding and guests

I strongly recommend the Sheraton Hotel in Virginia Beach as a destination location for your wedding party and guests. I had the pleasure to work with Nancy Rosen, in event planning who made our weekend special. Here is a copy of the note I sent to their organization to recognize their incredible contribution to a fabulous wedding weekend.

"I wanted to take a few minutes to recognize the associates of the hotel for making both our stay and events so fabulous. The Friday night event and drinks at the Fusion bar far exceeded our expectations. I may not have all the right names but I'll try. Rose, Arlene, Jessica, Rahal and several other members of your team went above and beyond to make the party a fantastic success. I am sure Jaime's friends will be talking about the dessert bar and the fabulous drinks Rose made us for a long time. Definitely a highlight of the weekend.

The Sunday morning buffet was executed flawlessly by Rahal, Arlene, Monica, and I think Jenny. They buffet was set up early and ready to go before the first guest arrived. The guests had attentive, friendly, and fast service for anything they needed. The buffet was always full and looked inviting. Kudo's to your managment for hiring great staff and the kitchen on their precise execution and attention to detail. The centerpieces, the table settings, and the view from Ocean banquet room created an amazing atmosphere and lasting memory.

Kenyana in group bookings, working along with Nancy, did all they could do to make sure our stay was top notch. Nancy was especially helpful in planning, coordinating, and advising us on how best to keep our guests satisfied during their stay and at each event. She made a significant impact on our wedding celebration even thought the wedding was at another hotel. The Sheraton was the hotel of choice for 90% of our guests, Nancy made their experience at the Sheraton the best it could be. I cannot express how much we appreciate her help and advice. Every recommendation you made was spot on

Ben, Kenyana, and Courtney were very helpful at the desk in solving a few logistical issues at check in. Everything was taken care of with true professionalism and showed how much they care about the experience of your guests and the hotels strong reputation..

Calls to guest services, like extra towels were taken care of immediately.

The excellence of your staff and the care they showed us each and every time we asked a question or needed something was fantastic. It is their actions that would allow me to strongly recommend your hotel to others and of course make it my destination of choice anytime I visit Virginia Beach.

Sent on 10/30/2018

Joel,
    Thanks so much and we appreciate all the kind words. You and your family and friends were a pleasure to meet and get to know. I am so happy that you all had a fantastic time here with us at the Sheraton and appreciate you taking the time to write us such a great review!! Please come back and visit with us soon! Nancy

Anneke · Married on 09/08/2018

My husband and I are still reeling in the joy of our wedding day, a huge part of which was the venue for our reception. Nancy was a pleasure to work with and her team did a phenomenal job delivering on every thing we had discussed and planned for well ahead of our big day. Food was delicious, drinks were delightful, and our guests raved about it all. Thanks Nancy!

Sent on 09/18/2018

Sheraton Virginia Beach Oceanfront Hotel's reply:

Thank you so much! You and Kevin were a delight to work with during the planning and so happy all enjoyed your big day! You are both beautiful inside and out and please come by and visit me when you are near. Thanks again and hope you enjoyed your honeymoon, best wishes, Nancy and team!

LISA · Married on 05/26/2018

After looking at several other hotels for our out of town wedding guests, we found that the Sheraton provided the best value, location, and views. Our guests loved staying there and several liked it so much, they extended their stay.

Sent on 06/28/2018

Sheraton Virginia Beach Oceanfront Hotel's reply:

Thank you Lisa! It was great hosting your friends and family for your daughter's wedding and look forward to seeing you all again soon, all my best to the newlyweds, Nancy

Kathleen · Married on 12/30/2017

Nancy was great to work with! She gave us the impression that she really cared and wanted our event to go off without a hitch! The food was delicious, the staff at the reception were very accommodating and the venue was gorgeous. We also held a brunch the morning after in the foyer, and we loved it! We compared a few other places, that were comparable location-wise and service-wise and for what we could get for the price at the Sheraton, it was a no-brainer. We're so glad we chose Nancy and The Sheraton! My only caution is that the surcharges (taxes, fees, etc.) start to add up and we were a little caught off guard with them in the end.

Sent on 01/09/2018

Sarah · Married on 10/21/2017

Wonderful location and amazing staff!!

Sent on 11/22/2017

Sheraton Virginia Beach Oceanfront Hotel's reply:

Thanks Sarah, it was a pleasure working with you and your mom for your wedding room block. Everyone in your family and all of your friends were so nice and I was happy to meet some of them. Wishing you both all the best, Nancy

Chrystin · Married on 10/14/2017

This was the best experience we had. Even though our wedding didn't go according to plan with the weather, Nancy was able to accommodate us indoors with a beautiful view! We really felt that she genuinely cared about our wants and ideal wedding vision. She checked in on us and our guests several times even on the day of and also accommodated when we had a few bump come up with planning. We will gladly refer our friends and family to use the Sheraton for their happy day!

Sheraton Virginia Beach Oceanfront Hotel 20
    Sheraton Virginia Beach Oceanfront Hotel 21
    Sent on 10/28/2017

Chrystin,
    It was with great pleasure to help you both plan your wedding day, it was as beautiful as you are, inside and out! I hope you enjoyed your honeymoon and I am so looking forward to hearing all about it! I would love to help your friends plan their wedding day too and so grateful to have met you both. Here is to a long, happy and healthy life together! Nancy

DEIRDRE · Married on 10/07/2017

Thank you to Nancy Rosen and the Sheraton for an absolutely amazing wedding reception. Nancy worked within our budget, provided outstanding communication throughout the six month process, and made several suggestions to make sure our reception would be perfect. Nancy was onsite the afternoon before our reception and also checked in several times throughout the evening to make sure everything was as expected. 5 star service all the way--great servers, fun bartender, absolutely delicious food--really, we could not have asked for anything more. Nancy is a true gem and we are both sooooooo incredibly happy we chose the Sheraton for our reception venue!

Sheraton Virginia Beach Oceanfront Hotel 22
    Sent on 10/23/2017

Amy · Married on 09/24/2017

Nancy was so great and easy to work with!! From all the planning in the beginning to all the changes and questions we had towards the end as the big day came, she handled like a rock star. The food was great, the service was amazing and the venue was exactly what we were looking for. My husband even said the next day when we were leaving for our honeymoon, “let’s get married here again next year!” :)

Sent on 11/18/2017

Sheraton Virginia Beach Oceanfront Hotel's reply:

Yes! Come back for your one year anniversary and do it all over again! Wishing you both all the love and happiness for your future together, it was a pleasure working with you both.

Abby · Married on 09/10/2017

Our wedding went off without a hitch. Loved the location, the food, and the staff. They are so easy to work with. Nancy helped make the details as low stress as possible. I could not recommend them enough. Absolutely wonderful!

Sent on 09/28/2017

Sheraton Virginia Beach Oceanfront Hotel's reply:

Thanks Abby, it was a great pleasure to work with you and to help plan your day. I loved meeting your friends and family and wish you and Marcus all the love and happiness for your future! Nancy