56 Reviews for Shawn Black Photography

Additional Hours (1)
Boudoir Shoot (1)
Prints (1)
53 Shawn Black Photography Reviews

When first meeting Shawn, we asked him to make us “look like we were in a magazine”. He undoubtedly exceeded our expectations. Shawn and his team are talented professionals and we could not be more satisfied with the outcome of our wedding photos. What sets Shawn apart is his innovative style. He has no fear in trying new angles and doing anything necessary to get the shot. Wedding planning is a stressful endeavor and Shawn’s knowledge, skill, and relaxed nature gave us peace of mind. Beyond photography, he is well connected in the wedding industry and offered us suggestions and connections for other high-quality vendors. Your wedding day flies by in the blink of an eye, we are glad to have Shawn’s photos to last a lifetime. We highly recommend Shawn Black Photography to capture your big day!

Profile Picture Erin, 5/20/17, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Our wedding was amazing and Shawn was such an important part of our day! From his advice on getting ready for the big day to very personal moments he helped with. He really is more than a photographer...he was like an honorary maid of honor! He made the day so smooth and less stressful. Not to mention the beautiful pieces of art he captured! My husband and I both agree he was the best decision we made planning our wedding! Thank you from the bottom of my heart! Our pictures are absolutely breath taking!

Profile Picture Kristen, 5/19/17, 4 Reviews
Services Used: Engagement Shoot, Digital Files

People who have seen my photos (those that were at my wedding as well as those who were not) are so enamored with what what was captured. The people at my wedding were speaking for days about "the photographers climbing fire escapes and rolling around to get the shot like they were in an action movie" We are so please with the way our photos came out!

Profile Picture Cara, 4/15/17, 4 Reviews
Category: Photography

Shawn is awesome. He's professional and personable. He wants you to look great and feel great. His follow-up was impeccable and the final product was gorgeous.

Profile Picture User7497664, 1+ year ago, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Shawn was first introduced to us by a friend of mine, who raved about Shawn's amazing photography from her own wedding. We are so happy that we booked him as our own photographer because we can't imagine our pictures being any better. Shawn has such an amazing talent for capturing moments and unique images, which is exactly what you want on your wedding day. His contagious energy and passion for photography are obvious in his photos. He is able to blend in so well that your guests will literally have no idea they’re being photographed. He is truly a jack of all wedding trades, going above and beyond what you would typically expect a wedding photographer to do. Literally...he was a wedding day coordinator, advocate, seamstress ( Yes-seamstress. He fixed the broken bustle on my gown in the middle of our wedding reception) and friend. I also have to mention that my husband does not smile much for the camera, and Shawn caught the most amazing pictures of him smiling. He seriously looks like a GQ model. We couldn't be happier with our decision to book him and highly recommend his services for your own wedding. You won't regret it.

Profile Picture Shara, 9/24/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Photography
Services Used: Digital Files, Proofs, Second Shooter, Engagement Shoot, Multi. Locations

Great experience. Most importantly we LOVE the end result!

Profile Picture User6295459, 1+ year ago, 3 Reviews
Category: Photography

Working with Shawn was a great experience! He's very friendly and down to Earth and super easy to get along with. He made us very comfortable during our engagement pictures, which made the wedding day a lot more enjoyable. The pictures he took came out absolutely stunning. The only thing that wasn't totally what we wanted was the family and bridal party portrait. Unfortunately the weather wasn't great so we had to take them inside and the chosen space was a bit hectic and cramped. We were extremely happy with how well the portraits of us came out, which is the most important part! We would definitely recommend Shawn to anyone looking for a photographer!

Profile Picture Sarah, 8/6/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Photography

Shawn is absolutely great. His passion for photography shines through and he did an excellent job in making us comfortable during our experience (we are not big picture taking people). He was also respectful of our budget and helped to make a package that fit our photography and financial needs.

Profile Picture Taylor, 7/3/16, 7 Reviews
Category: Photography

Shawn Black literally made my wedding day complete! He was extremely professional and clearly passionate about his craft. He did an incredible job of capturing all of the important moments and people of the day as well as many artsy and interesting shots. He is so talented and ensures that each shot is perfection. When we got our pictures back it was so difficult to pick just the good ones, they were all good! Not only is he a fantastic photographer but a super nice guy, very personable and puts you right as ease. I really just cannot say enough good things about Shawn!

Profile Picture User6954758, 1+ year ago, 3 Reviews
Services Used: Albums, Digital Files

Shawn Black is exactly what you need for your wedding. From our first meeting with him, to our engagement pictures to our wedding day - he was absolutely amazing. His pictures are stunning and he knows exactly what to do and how to stand in order to get the best shot. My wedding day was very chaotic until Shawn showed up and was able to bring me back down to earth. He is very calming and isn't afraid to speak up to anyone who may be making your special day anything less than perfect. We got our pictures back about 3 months later and they were SO worth the wait. They are better than I could have ever imagined. I wish I could post one here to show you all!!! Shawn is worth every penny. My husband and I couldn't be happier with our pictures and I know we will treasure them forever!

Profile Picture Melissa, 6/11/16, 4 Reviews
Category: Photography
Services Used: Digital Files, Second Shooter, Additional Hours, Engagement Shoot, High-Res Images, Multi. Locations

Shawn made planning a wedding from a distance with ease! I could not have asked for better photos from my wedding

Profile Picture Bridget, 5/21/16, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Shawn's photos are very artistic. Some photos were processed to be black and white and I like them. He takes a lot of kissing photos as well.

Profile Picture Lei, 5/15/16, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Shawn is wonderful to work with and I'm confident we'll have some gorgeous photos to look back on for the rest of our lives. We loved our engagement shots and the previews of our wedding photos - which we used for thank you notes after the wedding. Our guests appreciated and complimented us on them as well. I can't wait to see them all!!

Working with Shawn you feel like you're in great hands - he's professional, kind, calming, knowledgeable, and fun to boot! He's great at communicating everything ahead of time, putting you at ease during the preparation and on one of the most stressful - and wonderful - days of your life. That's what you want and need on your wedding day - to be surrounded by pros, so you can simply enjoy every moment!

Here’s more information about what it’s like working with Shawn: He makes sure that he's capturing all of the traditional shots, as well being open to accommodating any special requests that you have (ahead of time, and on the day-of). Shawn has a great eye for creating wonderful shots that highlight both the couple and the beautiful scenery - which is a recipe for some really unique photographs. He's very intuitive: for example, as we were doing family portraits the day-of, he could tell I wanted to add another family member into a shot without my having to say anything... and he proactively asked me if I wanted to add that person in. He was on top of it! He was also great about making sure we stayed on schedule as we ran around from place to place.

The bottom line, he's a very skilled photographer at a very reasonable price. I highly recommend Shawn for your wedding, engagement, and any portrait photography.

Profile Picture Katharine, 4/30/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Photography
Services Used: Engagement Shoot, High-Res Images, Multi. Locations, Digital Files, Proofs
2.8

On our wedding day we took photos before our wedding & during cocktail hour. During cocktail hour we took formals with my husband & I standing center adding people in as they were called. These photos were all very basic. We did not get any “fun” or candid photos with our bridal party. We received our images 4 ½ months after our wedding (740 images from 2 photographers/10hrs). I realized photos missing (photo of my parents, my grandfather, candid photos of our wedding guests enjoying our day, solos of bride/groom, photo with grandparent, & only ONE photo of my entire bridal party). It was upsetting. To see the look on my Mother’s face when she realized there was NO photo of her & my father broke me inside. I contacted Shawn via email to express my unsatisfactory. He was very professional however I felt he didn’t answer my questions of why the photos were missing. He explained weather, transportation, coordinators etc all of which I don’t see a reason why a photo of my parents could not be taken. There wasn’t a photo of them dancing together during our first dance (also listed on must have). He did offer me an album at 50% off but I did not want to present more money to him. 2 weeks later, my mother in law telephoned him to discuss my displeasure. She requested additional photos, but he stated he did not have any worth giving as there were people not looking, eyes closed etc. It’s hard for me to say this but I would not recommend Shawn again to future brides. I met with Shawn for 2 hours a month before my wedding day & went over all of the things I wished to have from him. I filled out a wedding worksheet he requested that included 85 questions about our wedding day & “must have” photos. It’s tough to feel like you paid a lot of money for services that you did not like the result of, but you still had to pay for them.

Profile Picture Julie, 9/12/15, 10 Reviews
Category: Photography
Services Used: Second Shooter, Boudoir Shoot, Engagement Shoot, Multi. Locations, Albums, Digital Files, Prints

Shawn shot our wedding Labor Day weekend in 2015 at the Intercontinental in Boston. We were thrilled with everything! He was responsive, professional, and we absolutely loved all of our photos. It was evident how much he loves what he does... Our day was absolutely perfect and we have the pictures to prove it!

Profile Picture Stephanie, 9/5/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

You will not find a photographer to better serve all of your needs; Shawn is reliable, amazing with time management, friendly, attentive and talented! His photographs are not mere pictures, but timeless treasures from your special day to last generations...

Profile Picture Claudia, 7/11/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

There is so much great to say about Shawn that hasn't already been said. He provided an exceptional experience for me and my wife. From the initial consultation Shawn made everything so smooth. He was very personable. He shared some funny stories with us. The preparation was grade A. He made sure he got every detail from us that he needed and of course things we may have left out. Final delivery of the images was also grade A. If you are looking for a photographer I'd be sure to say look no further, Shawn Black Photography is it!

Profile Picture Jeffrey & Yaritza, 5/23/15, 1 Review
Category: Photography

He is the best photographer I've had since I moved back to Boston. He was also patient and caring. I would totally recommend him for anything else besides weddings as well. Like birthdays, family pictures, prom, etc. he's really good and his work is the proof.

Profile Picture User5058908, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
4.7

Shawn and his team were terrific! Very accommodating, prepared, calming and flexible during the otherwise hectic wedding day. In addition, we also enjoyed our engagement photo session, which was a great way to get comfortable in front of the camera... great idea!!!

Profile Picture Lelani, 10/19/14, 1 Review
Category: Photography

In addition to absolutely loving the final product of my pictures - Shawn was such a calming force amidst my crazy family and friends. He somehow wrangled 23 of us to take incredible bridal party pictures. He does not disappoint and I highly recommend his services.

Profile Picture Catherine, 8/23/14, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Shawn Black was amazing at our wedding! The shots he took came out great and he knew exactly how to capture the perfect lighting of the different times of the day. He not only took fabulous pictures of the entire day but he also gave great advice for everything throughout the day to make it go smoothly! I did not even need to go to my bridal emergency kit with the extra safety pins for my bustle of my dress, Shawn had everything right with him so it didn't take time away getting all of that stuff. Shawn is the best photographer and we would highly recommend him for any event. He also has a great personality. Myself, my husband, and my entire bridal party consider him as a friend.

Profile Picture User4220304, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Photography

What can I say that I haven't already said 1000 times! Shawn is brilliant! He made such a special day even more special with his little touches and attention to detail! No wonder he is on the most wanted list for wedding photography! Love him and recommend him to all the brides out there that want to capture their special day like no one else can capture it!

Profile Picture Kerrie, 11/30/13, 5 Reviews
Category: Photography

Amazing photographer! Looking at the pictures makes my husband and I relive the moment as if it was yesterday, more than watching our wedding video. He was so attentive to both our needs and everyone loved when my bustle broke how he stepped in with his toolbox and fixed it for me! I would recommend Shawn Black to anyone. He captured the " real us" and I couldn't be happier! Thanks Shawn the Hollands love you and what you did for us!!!

Profile Picture Tina, 10/11/13, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Where do I begin? SHAWN BLACK IS AMAZING! He is seriously the BEST photographer a bride and groom could hope for! When we first met with Shawn he was so easy to talk to and had great ideas! We talked for over two hours and we knew that he was our photographer! My husband was skeptical about an engagement session, but when we arrived Shawn made the whole experience SO fun! They talked sports and he made us laugh. I felt like we were best friends with him by the end of that day! The best part was that my husband told me that he had FUN and ENJOYED the experience! During our final meeting with Shawn he told us everything we needed to know for the day of, He told my husband to use extra shaving cream and a new blade, he told us to make sure to drink lots of water, to eat, and to most importantly enjoy every moment. Shawn is not just a photographer he also acts as a coordinator! The day of our wedding, as every bride I was beyond excited and not thinking of everything, Shawn literally thought of EVERYTHING! It was a little windy and when I got out of the car my veil came out...Shawn said "don't panic I have bobby pins, blonde ones" Also my beautiful dyed HOT PINK wedding shoes got water spilled on them and were dripping all over my hands, BUT no worries Shawn had a wedding kit full of everything needed and saved the day by drying my shoes and getting the pink off my hands. And most importantly when my zipper on my dress was stuck, and my girls were slightly panicked....Shawn stepped in and saved the day! All night at our wedding people said to us "WOW your photographer is AMAZING!" They had not even seen our photos yet they were just judging by his professionalism and watching him work around us. Shawn Black is by far one of the best things we spent our money on, he is worth it I can promise you that!!!! I recommend him with my highest regard and hope that every bride and groom get to experience what we did!

Profile Picture Laura, 9/21/13, 4 Reviews
Category: Photography

From the first meeting to after we received our final pictures, Shawn was professional, a perfectionist and helpful! We planned our wedding in a little less than 2 months and after seeing the beautiful pictures that Shawn gave my cousin, I knew he would be a key part of being able to pull it off as flawless as possible. Not once was I ever worried that the pictures would turn out less than perfect and Shawn exceeded my expectations. For many brides, the pictures are very important and I was no exception. Shawn even went so far as to pass on helpful wedding day tips that he has picked up along the way on what to do or not do leading up to and on the wedding day. He wore many hats and wore them well - wedding planner, wrangler, photographer and artist. I will cherish his photo's for the rest of my life!

Profile Picture Joanna, 9/13/13, 1 Review