Set the Date Event Planning & Design Reviews

29 | Angier, NC

29 Reviews for Set the Date Event Planning & Design

29 Set the Date Event Planning & Design Reviews

The Hall and Gardens at Landmark · Getting married on 10/10/2020

We absolutely LOVE working with Barbara! As a venue you have to know that you can put full trust in a planner/coordinator. The Hall and Gardens at Landmark puts their full trust in this team!! As a venue you also want to make sure that your clients are receiving the best help possible. We love having Barbara work for our venue as a coordinator because she contributes so much knowledge and provides some of the service we have ever seen! She truly is an asset to any couples wedding day.

• O

Olga · Married on 09/29/2018

Barbara put us at ease the moment we met with her. She was always "on it" as well as calming. We, as well as all the other vendors, found she was lovely to work with. When issues (from little to big) arose on the wedding day, she fixed everything and made it all look seamless. Highly recommended!!

Tiffany · Married on 04/14/2018

Barbara was great to work with!! Even though I hired her as a month-of-coordinator, she came on a couple months beforehand to help with anything I needed. Having Barbara there for assistance on the day of my wedding was invaluable! Such a good decision to hire her and would recommend her to all future brides!

Marie · Married on 01/06/2018

I loved having Barbara help me with my daughters wedding! As a mom who enjoys the planning and decorating, it was great to have her to bounce ideas off of and to run the actual event. She had suggestions for vendors and took care of anything I needed her to do. Worth every dime!

Michelle · Married on 11/12/2017

LOVE Barbara, she is awesome, had everything covered, we did not need to worry about anything. The day was great!!

Sent on 12/18/2017

Set the Date Event Planning & Design's reply:

Thank you Michelle for the wonderful review! We absolutely enjoyed Noel & Curtis and your family & friends. It was a really fun evening at The Bradford even though it was a cold day. You and Steve have such a beautiful and kind daughter. I am sure you are very proud of her. It was fun to see Curtis and Noel so in love with each other. Thank you for letting us be a part of the day!

Kathleen · Married on 10/14/2017

Barb is the BOMB. She is a superstar that coordinated our wedding flawlessly. My husband and I have two large families and she navigated their "crazies" with ease and helped us every step of the way. She was organized, had a timeline that we kept (which is a feat in and of itself!) and helped us think through any and all of the little details. She is fantastic and I highly recommend her for any wedding planning/coordination.

Sent on 11/01/2017

Set the Date Event Planning & Design's reply:

Kathleen it was so wonderful to work with you. I absolutely enjoyed working with you and Kevin to make sure you had a memorable wedding day! Your family was a lot of fun and your friends are absolute treasures. Thank you for the kind words! They do not go unnoticed and we are appreciative of you for sharing your thoughts for others to see! Please keep in touch with us! Much love! Set the Date Team

Anaira · Married on 10/07/2017

She made everything so easy. I had no worry my entire day!! Highly recommend

Emily · Married on 09/08/2017

Barbara was wonderful! She was there for me throughout the planning process when I needed questions answered and she helped the day go by so smoothly! I was able to relax and enjoy my wedding day without worrying about the things going on "behind the scenes." Would definitely recommend her!!

Sent on 09/29/2017

Set the Date Event Planning & Design's reply:

Emily, Thank you so much for the nice words! We enjoyed being a part of yours and Bobby's day! You have a precious family and it was such a pleasure getting to know each of the kids. They all have wonderful personalities and are a lot of fun to be around. We wish you and your new family all our best!!!

John · Married on 09/01/2017

Wow! I just can not begin to tell you how impressed I was with Barbara from Set the Date Event Planning & Design! She is so polite, professional, and organized! I recommend Set the Date Event Planning & Design to all brides looking for a talented and experienced wedding planner!

Kimberly · Married on 08/20/2017

I am so glad we chose Set the Date to help with the day of coordination for our wedding. Barb was very professional and gave great advise. I honestly did not want to spend the money on a coordinator, and now after the event, I think it was the best decision I made. The day of, Barb took care of everything. I had no idea that our cake got dropped when it arrived or other minor events. She made sure that I enjoyed my day. You won't regret hiring her!

Sent on 09/10/2017

Set the Date Event Planning & Design's reply:

Kimberly and Trevor, Thank you for picking us to be a part of your day at the Hall and Gardens at Landmark. You had such a beautiful ceremony in the garden and all your friends & family really enjoyed dancing at your reception. It was a lot of fun to watch everyone having a good time. We wish you all our best!

alex · Married on 07/29/2017

Love love love Barb and Set The Date Event Planning! I couldn't have asked for a better wedding planner, definitely made every step of wedding planning much easier and less stressful!

Sent on 08/25/2017

Set the Date Event Planning & Design's reply:

Alex and Paul, I absolutely adore you both and am so blessed to have been a part of your wedding day! It was fun getting to know you both over the past year. I enjoyed spending time with you while planning out the details and getting to know your families as well. I can't wait to see all your pictures printed in Weddings Magazine...They will be amazing! Thank you for picking us for this important piece of your planning! Here's to many happy memories as Mr. & Mrs.!!!

Kimberly · Married on 07/08/2017

We cannot thank Barb enough for the exquisite job she did planning our wedding. Her attention to detail and her professionalism are phenomenal. After meeting with Barb, she set out to plan our perfect day, and she did not disappoint. From the food to the flowers, and to things I had not even thought about everything was just PERFECT! Barb builds a relationship with her brides, so you feel like you've known her forever which is vital considering the fact you're only trusting her with your most important day. She listens to your needs and wants and knows precisely which vendors to contact to create your special day. All I can say is if you can dream it Barb can create it! We would highly recommend Barb of Set the Date Event Planning & Design for all your planning needs.
    Thanks again Barb for all your hard work!

Marie · Married on 05/27/2017

Barb was an incredible day-of-coordinator! While my husband and I wanted to do all the planning and research for our big day, Barb was absolutely indispensable when it came to actually executing our plans. We were planning from a different state, so it meant a lot to us that Barb was so responsive and flexible in terms of scheduling in-person meetings, and contacting our multiple vendors to confirm our arrangements and smooth out logistics. She went above and beyond to stay in touch with us in the weeks leading up to the wedding, handling last minute changes and easing our concerns about logistics. From the very beginning, it really felt like she cared as much about our wedding as we did—other reviewers are right to say that you feel like family. The weekend of the wedding, Barb and her team were total superstars: we'd planned a complicated, two-site wedding that required a LOT of set up and coordination with multiple vendors. Despite us throwing all these logistical challenges at them (sorry, guys!), Barb and her team somehow managed to pull everything off. All of our guests have told us that we had a fun, relaxed, smoothly run, beautiful wedding—an experience we could not have accomplished without Barb's expert help and superior planning skills. Thanks so much for everything, Barb!!

Dia · Married on 05/26/2017

I haven't been planning my wedding for my whole life, nor have I been to a lot of weddings. I was really clueless when it came to weddings. While my now husband and I had already done some of the vendor booking, there were still some question marks when it came to some of the vendors and even the decorations. Even though we were doing our ceremony and reception in the same place, how was everything going to go off without a hitch unless we were taking care of almost everything ourselves? I had met Barb at the Forever Bridal show and she struck me as a very genuine person. Her email a few weeks later came at the perfect time. Wedding planning including day of coordination so my fiancé and I could actually relax and ENJOY our wedding? Sold!

Hiring Barb was a lifesaver. She came with us to meet vendors, even though she lives a ways away from us. She hustled to find vendors that were available on our wedding day, because not everyone was available. (The perils of planning a wedding in less than six months!) She gave us design advice and happily rolled with every potentially odd design decision we threw at her. She was on top of correspondence with us and the vendors. She created a timeline and seamlessly ran everything day of, which was great because I'm sure there would have been several traditional wedding traditions and "must do"s I would've forgotten about without Barb to remind me. We were able to kick back and enjoy our wedding like we wanted to do. Shoutout to Paige for being so sweet with our son, too!

Given how much we paid to use Barb and her team's services, they are vastly underpaid for the amount of work, time and effort they put into making our wedding magical. I'm thrilled that my fiancé reached out to Barb, because Set the Date made our wedding so enjoyable and stress-free just like I had wanted for my wedding day. I would 100% recommend them!

Taylor · Married on 05/13/2017

Barbara provided Day of Coordinating services for my wedding party of 15 people! She sat down with me and listened to me go on and on. I had all of these ideas in my head, but had no idea how to make those ideas come to life. She streamlined my entire wedding process and handled everything for me. The best part of having Barbara and her team was having her handle the communication with my other vendors prior to. My night went on without a hitch and I would highly recommend her to anyone needing wedding planning, coordinating, and direction!

Mary · Married on 03/11/2017

Barb at Set the Date was absolutely awesome. She and her team went above and beyond to make the day go perfectly. She was extremely responsive, even by text. It was such a relief when she took over our vendor contracts before the event - I really felt like I had nothing to worry about. Barb was also willing to work with us and be flexible when additional needs came up. A few weeks before the event, she even helped us by prepping all of our flowers for the tables, which is a huge job. I didn't even see them until I sat down for dinner, and they were perfect! That's just one example of how completely we all trusted Barb and her team. Also, I had other vendors and even my photographer reach out to me to let me know how much they enjoyed working with Barb. Highly recommend!

David · Married on 03/11/2017

Simply outstanding. Don't wait, book it! If you are looking for professionalism that gets things done with a personal touch that lets you feel like family, then Barb and her team are for you. They not only handled everything covered in our agreement, the continually found ways to add value by solving problems and suggesting ideas that smoothed out some wrinkles for us. Friendly, organized, creative and supportive, but still able to get everyone lined up and walking on time and in the right order! We were completely satisfied. Thanks, Barb.

Sent on 03/18/2017

Set the Date Event Planning & Design's reply:

David and Jan! Thank you so much for the kind words about our team! You have such a kind and loving family which made our jobs even better! We absolutely enjoyed every minute of the day. It was a fabulously fun, dance party, filled day! Thank you for the opportunity to be a part of it! ~Barb

Stephen · Married on 03/11/2017

Barb and her team did an amazing job planning our wedding! 5-stars all around, Barb was an absolute joy to work with! Thanks for making our day so special.

Sent on 03/23/2017

Set the Date Event Planning & Design's reply:

Thank you for the opportunity to be a part of your big day! We absolutely enjoyed working with you, your family and friends. What an amazing group of people you have supporting you. You are very lucky! Best wishes!!!

Elizabeth · Married on 12/10/2016

I absolutely love Barbara! She did such an amazing job at keeping my head straight LOL She was so much fun to plan with :) Would recommend her for any event.

Kriza · Married on 11/20/2016

Barbara did an amazing job and so was her team. She was very organized, took care of all the details, and made sure everything was taken care of. I would recommend her and would use her services again. She was great and I was very lucky to have her has my coordinator.

• User7419299 · 1+ year ago

Barb is the best DOC ever. She had the tough task of taking over the wedding after the first coordinator accepted another job. It was barbs number one priority to make sure everything went as smooth as possible. She handled making sure the dj playing the right music at the right time and making sure the photographer were taking the pictures we wanted. If your looking for a day of coordinator don't look past Barbara!

Laura · Married on 09/04/2016

If you're in need of someone to take everything you've coordinated for you wedding and put it all together and execute it flawlessly, then you have to book Barbara! Prior to our wedding, we had several conversations where we hammered out every tiny detail of every hour of the wedding day. Barbara contacted every vendor to ensure that each contract was performed fully and that every aspect of the day went smoothly and without us noticing any major deviation. On the day of the wedding, Barbara and her assistant Paige came equipped with an emergency kit containing an iron, steamer, sewing kit, and anything else you might need in the event of a minor emergency. She was calm, collected, patient and diligent in every aspect of planning our wedding day. Do not hesitate to contact her if you're seeking professional, detailed planning for your big day!

Lindsay · Married on 07/16/2016

Barb and her assistants are so wonderful and easy to work with. Barb made our wedding so easy and stress free! When last minute items popped up, Barb took them and I never even knew there was an issue. I highly recommend Barb and her staff. You will be so pleased!

Brenda · Married on 06/04/2016

It was an absolute pleasure to work with Barbara. She brought an fresh ethical perspective to the wedding planning arena. She is a wedding planner that truly considers the bride first and not her own pocketbook. Set The Date Event Planning and Design can recommend quality vendors that present a great value that do not sacrifice service or quality. Look no further, call Barbara and save yourself time, worry and money. Brenda and Terry

Sent on 08/08/2016

Set the Date Event Planning & Design's reply:

Brenda and Terry, It was such a pleasure working with both of you and helping to make Tara and Bill's wedding a memorable one. The wedding was absolutely beautiful and it looked like everyone had a great time. Thank you so much for your kind review! Kind Regards, Barb