27 Reviews for Set the Date Event Planning & Design

Partial Planning (2)
Non-Religious (2)
Budget Analysis (1)
27 Set the Date Event Planning & Design Reviews

We absolutely LOVE working with Barbara! As a venue you have to know that you can put full trust in a planner/coordinator. The Hall and Gardens at Landmark puts their full trust in this team!! As a venue you also want to make sure that your clients are receiving the best help possible. We love having Barbara work for our venue as a coordinator because she contributes so much knowledge and provides some of the service we have ever seen! She truly is an asset to any couples wedding day.

Profile Picture The Hall and Gardens at Landmark, 10/10/20, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

Barbara was great to work with!! Even though I hired her as a month-of-coordinator, she came on a couple months beforehand to help with anything I needed. Having Barbara there for assistance on the day of my wedding was invaluable! Such a good decision to hire her and would recommend her to all future brides!

Profile Picture Tiffany, 4/14/18, 4 Reviews
Category: Unique Services (Other)

LOVE Barbara, she is awesome, had everything covered, we did not need to worry about anything. The day was great!!

Profile Picture Michelle, 11/12/17, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Barb is the BOMB. She is a superstar that coordinated our wedding flawlessly. My husband and I have two large families and she navigated their "crazies" with ease and helped us every step of the way. She was organized, had a timeline that we kept (which is a feat in and of itself!) and helped us think through any and all of the little details. She is fantastic and I highly recommend her for any wedding planning/coordination.

Profile Picture Kathleen, 10/14/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning
Services Used: Day-Of Coord., Timelines, To-Do Lists, Ceremony, Reception, Religious

She made everything so easy. I had no worry my entire day!! Highly recommend

Profile Picture Anaira, 10/7/17, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Barbara was wonderful! She was there for me throughout the planning process when I needed questions answered and she helped the day go by so smoothly! I was able to relax and enjoy my wedding day without worrying about the things going on "behind the scenes." Would definitely recommend her!!

Profile Picture Emily, 9/8/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

Wow! I just can not begin to tell you how impressed I was with Barbara from Set the Date Event Planning & Design! She is so polite, professional, and organized! I recommend Set the Date Event Planning & Design to all brides looking for a talented and experienced wedding planner!

Profile Picture John, 9/1/17, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

I am so glad we chose Set the Date to help with the day of coordination for our wedding. Barb was very professional and gave great advise. I honestly did not want to spend the money on a coordinator, and now after the event, I think it was the best decision I made. The day of, Barb took care of everything. I had no idea that our cake got dropped when it arrived or other minor events. She made sure that I enjoyed my day. You won't regret hiring her!

Profile Picture Kimberly, 8/20/17, 1 Review
Services Used: Day-Of Coord., Timelines, Ceremony, Reception, Religious

Love love love Barb and Set The Date Event Planning! I couldn't have asked for a better wedding planner, definitely made every step of wedding planning much easier and less stressful!

Profile Picture alex, 7/29/17, 1 Review
Category: Unique Services (Other)

We cannot thank Barb enough for the exquisite job she did planning our wedding. Her attention to detail and her professionalism are phenomenal. After meeting with Barb, she set out to plan our perfect day, and she did not disappoint. From the food to the flowers, and to things I had not even thought about everything was just PERFECT! Barb builds a relationship with her brides, so you feel like you've known her forever which is vital considering the fact you're only trusting her with your most important day. She listens to your needs and wants and knows precisely which vendors to contact to create your special day. All I can say is if you can dream it Barb can create it! We would highly recommend Barb of Set the Date Event Planning & Design for all your planning needs.
Thanks again Barb for all your hard work!

Profile Picture Kimberly, 7/8/17, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Barb was an incredible day-of-coordinator! While my husband and I wanted to do all the planning and research for our big day, Barb was absolutely indispensable when it came to actually executing our plans. We were planning from a different state, so it meant a lot to us that Barb was so responsive and flexible in terms of scheduling in-person meetings, and contacting our multiple vendors to confirm our arrangements and smooth out logistics. She went above and beyond to stay in touch with us in the weeks leading up to the wedding, handling last minute changes and easing our concerns about logistics. From the very beginning, it really felt like she cared as much about our wedding as we did—other reviewers are right to say that you feel like family. The weekend of the wedding, Barb and her team were total superstars: we'd planned a complicated, two-site wedding that required a LOT of set up and coordination with multiple vendors. Despite us throwing all these logistical challenges at them (sorry, guys!), Barb and her team somehow managed to pull everything off. All of our guests have told us that we had a fun, relaxed, smoothly run, beautiful wedding—an experience we could not have accomplished without Barb's expert help and superior planning skills. Thanks so much for everything, Barb!!

Profile Picture Marie, 5/27/17, 4 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning
Services Used: Ceremony, Reception, Day-Of Coord., Partial Planning, Timelines, Non-Religious

I haven't been planning my wedding for my whole life, nor have I been to a lot of weddings. I was really clueless when it came to weddings. While my now husband and I had already done some of the vendor booking, there were still some question marks when it came to some of the vendors and even the decorations. Even though we were doing our ceremony and reception in the same place, how was everything going to go off without a hitch unless we were taking care of almost everything ourselves? I had met Barb at the Forever Bridal show and she struck me as a very genuine person. Her email a few weeks later came at the perfect time. Wedding planning including day of coordination so my fiancé and I could actually relax and ENJOY our wedding? Sold!

Hiring Barb was a lifesaver. She came with us to meet vendors, even though she lives a ways away from us. She hustled to find vendors that were available on our wedding day, because not everyone was available. (The perils of planning a wedding in less than six months!) She gave us design advice and happily rolled with every potentially odd design decision we threw at her. She was on top of correspondence with us and the vendors. She created a timeline and seamlessly ran everything day of, which was great because I'm sure there would have been several traditional wedding traditions and "must do"s I would've forgotten about without Barb to remind me. We were able to kick back and enjoy our wedding like we wanted to do. Shoutout to Paige for being so sweet with our son, too!

Given how much we paid to use Barb and her team's services, they are vastly underpaid for the amount of work, time and effort they put into making our wedding magical. I'm thrilled that my fiancé reached out to Barb, because Set the Date made our wedding so enjoyable and stress-free just like I had wanted for my wedding day. I would 100% recommend them!

Profile Picture Dia, 5/26/17, 9 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning
Services Used: Ceremony, Reception, Non-Religious, Day-Of Coord., Event Design, Partial Planning, Timelines, To-Do Lists, Referrals

Barbara provided Day of Coordinating services for my wedding party of 15 people! She sat down with me and listened to me go on and on. I had all of these ideas in my head, but had no idea how to make those ideas come to life. She streamlined my entire wedding process and handled everything for me. The best part of having Barbara and her team was having her handle the communication with my other vendors prior to. My night went on without a hitch and I would highly recommend her to anyone needing wedding planning, coordinating, and direction!

Profile Picture Taylor, 5/13/17, 10 Reviews
Category: Unique Services (Other)

Simply outstanding. Don't wait, book it! If you are looking for professionalism that gets things done with a personal touch that lets you feel like family, then Barb and her team are for you. They not only handled everything covered in our agreement, the continually found ways to add value by solving problems and suggesting ideas that smoothed out some wrinkles for us. Friendly, organized, creative and supportive, but still able to get everyone lined up and walking on time and in the right order! We were completely satisfied. Thanks, Barb.

Profile Picture David, 3/11/17, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Barb and her team did an amazing job planning our wedding! 5-stars all around, Barb was an absolute joy to work with! Thanks for making our day so special.

Profile Picture Stephen, 3/11/17, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Barb at Set the Date was absolutely awesome. She and her team went above and beyond to make the day go perfectly. She was extremely responsive, even by text. It was such a relief when she took over our vendor contracts before the event - I really felt like I had nothing to worry about. Barb was also willing to work with us and be flexible when additional needs came up. A few weeks before the event, she even helped us by prepping all of our flowers for the tables, which is a huge job. I didn't even see them until I sat down for dinner, and they were perfect! That's just one example of how completely we all trusted Barb and her team. Also, I had other vendors and even my photographer reach out to me to let me know how much they enjoyed working with Barb. Highly recommend!

Profile Picture Mary, 3/11/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

I absolutely love Barbara! She did such an amazing job at keeping my head straight LOL She was so much fun to plan with :) Would recommend her for any event.

Profile Picture Elizabeth, 12/10/16, 1 Review
Category: Unique Services (Other)

Barbara did an amazing job and so was her team. She was very organized, took care of all the details, and made sure everything was taken care of. I would recommend her and would use her services again. She was great and I was very lucky to have her has my coordinator.

Profile Picture Kriza, 11/20/16, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Barb is the best DOC ever. She had the tough task of taking over the wedding after the first coordinator accepted another job. It was barbs number one priority to make sure everything went as smooth as possible. She handled making sure the dj playing the right music at the right time and making sure the photographer were taking the pictures we wanted. If your looking for a day of coordinator don't look past Barbara!

Profile Picture User7419299, 1+ year ago, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

If you're in need of someone to take everything you've coordinated for you wedding and put it all together and execute it flawlessly, then you have to book Barbara! Prior to our wedding, we had several conversations where we hammered out every tiny detail of every hour of the wedding day. Barbara contacted every vendor to ensure that each contract was performed fully and that every aspect of the day went smoothly and without us noticing any major deviation. On the day of the wedding, Barbara and her assistant Paige came equipped with an emergency kit containing an iron, steamer, sewing kit, and anything else you might need in the event of a minor emergency. She was calm, collected, patient and diligent in every aspect of planning our wedding day. Do not hesitate to contact her if you're seeking professional, detailed planning for your big day!

Profile Picture Laura, 9/4/16, 1 Review
Services Used: Day-Of Coord., Timelines, Ceremony, Reception, Religious

Barb and her assistants are so wonderful and easy to work with. Barb made our wedding so easy and stress free! When last minute items popped up, Barb took them and I never even knew there was an issue. I highly recommend Barb and her staff. You will be so pleased!

Profile Picture Lindsay, 7/16/16, 1 Review
Services Used: Day-Of Coord., Ceremony, Reception, Rehearsal Dinner, Religious

It was an absolute pleasure to work with Barbara. She brought an fresh ethical perspective to the wedding planning arena. She is a wedding planner that truly considers the bride first and not her own pocketbook. Set The Date Event Planning and Design can recommend quality vendors that present a great value that do not sacrifice service or quality. Look no further, call Barbara and save yourself time, worry and money. Brenda and Terry

Profile Picture Brenda, 6/4/16, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

If you want the best of the best to help plan your event, you should absolutely contact Barbara Gautier with Set the Date Event Planning! My daughter's wedding was utter perfection, and that is simply because Barbara was there every step of the way. My daughter and I had consultations with several local wedding and event planners, and the best decision we made from day one was to hire Barbara!

Profile Picture Melinda, 3/26/16, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning
Services Used: Budget Analysis, Day-Of Coord., Event Design, Full Planning, Guest List, Timelines, To-Do Lists, Referrals, Religious, Ceremony, Reception, Rehearsal Dinner

We had Barbara handle our Wedding. It was a pleasure to work with her. She is very professional and well organized. Every detail was handled with care and thoughtfulness. From the design of the invitations, programs and table settings she presented it to us for our approval. Several of her designs were her own. Nothing was off the shelf material.She provided samples of cakes and cupcakes for us to consider. She made several caterers available along with pricing. She knew what we wanted to serve and had menus presented for us to make choices from. Each caterer is well known. The DJ was selected from suggestions.

There was no panic when we had to change venues for the reception. She had several places available. She over saw the set up of the reception and also worked along side those setting it up.

Rehearsal was short and sweet even though all of our attendants were children.

On the day of the wedding everything was set to a strict time table. From the arrival of the bride and groom. To separate pictures being taken prior to the wedding.Then pictures after the wedding ceremony were done quickly so that people were not waiting long for the bride and groom to arrive at the reception. At the reception she had everything set up with the DJ, who was fantastic.

Since the wedding we've had more compliments with regard as to how simple yet elegant it was and how much everyone enjoyed it. One comment we received was that it was the most elegant wedding they had ever been to.

All of these comments are due to Barbara's hard work and artistic abilities to think outside the box.

Ann and Bob

Profile Picture Robert and Ann, 10/11/15, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning
Services Used: Religious, Day-Of Coord., Event Design, Full Planning, Guest List, To-Do Lists, Referrals, Ceremony, Reception