Serendipity Bridal and Events Reviews

Serendipity Bridal and Events 5
Serendipity Bridal and Events 6
Serendipity Bridal and Events 7

Rachel · Getting married on 06/06/2020

The most amazing experience I've ever had

Serenity Bridal is an amazing shop that really cares about its brides and their family. I had tried other bridal shops before but this experience stands out for being over the top amazing. Jennifer and the whole team there really made me and my wedding party feel welcome. I highly recommend this bridal salon for any bride looking to find an amazing wedding dress and possibly come in under budget too.

Sent on 03/31/2019

Mary · Married on 11/10/2018

Shopping for your wedding dress can be extremely stressful! Thankfully Janice and the whole team at Serendipity Bridal helped me focus on what I envisioned and ultimately find the dress of my dreams!! I am so happy to have found a salon that truly puts your happiness first. Jennifer did a great job talking through all the details of my wedding and really made me feel special throughout my whole appointment. I highly recommend going to this salon!

Sent on 06/06/2018

Michaela Volpe · Married on 09/08/2018

The perfect experience

We loved working with Serendipity. We used them for my wedding dress, the men's suits and our invitations. Everything was wonderful working with them. My wedding dress was perfect and it fit perfectly. The men's suits turned out great. Everyone looks really handsome. Our invitations were so beautiful. The staff there is very hands-on and will answer any questions you have and are willing to do whatever it takes in order to make your big day special for you. We couldn't have been happier!

Sent on 10/15/2018
    Serendipity Bridal and Events 13
    Serendipity Bridal and Events 14
    Serendipity Bridal and Events 15

Brittany · Married on 10/21/2017

The entire staff at Serendipity is absolutely wonderful! Jen, Janice and Jessica helped me find the perfect dress and worked with me to completely customize it to the dress of my dreams. The seamstress worked absolute wonders and the dress turned out more perfect than I ever could have imagined!!

Sent on 11/19/2017
    Serendipity Bridal and Events 16
    Serendipity Bridal and Events 17
    Serendipity Bridal and Events 18

Julia · Married on 10/14/2017

I had been to SOO many shops and I fell in love with serendipity bridal and events!! The entire staff was so friendly and welcoming, they truly gave me the bridal experience I had always dreamed of. They were affordable and accommodating with all requests, they also have great communication after you purchase your dress. I would HIGHLY recommend making the trip to see them as you will not be disappointed.

Sent on 11/13/2017
    Serendipity Bridal and Events 19
    Serendipity Bridal and Events 20
    Serendipity Bridal and Events 21
    Serendipity Bridal and Events 22

Angela · Married on 09/30/2017

My daughter was just married 9/30/17. We were thrilled with our experience at Serendipity Bridal and highly recommend them to everyone. From the moment we walked into the store we noticed that the quality of their dresses is exceptional and in addition, they have a variety of styles and sizes for every woman. The owners and staff treat you like royalty and you feel like your wedding is just as important to them as it is to you. The store is just beautiful and they truly have everything you need including veils, beautiful hair combs, belts, jewelry, etc. Their seamstress is a magician and she is so talented. Her alteration work made the dress fit like a glove. But what made our Serendipty experience so special was that my daughter wanted lace sleeves, but could not find a dress with sleeves, so Serendipity custom made them. They took a dress that was beautiful and made it into the dress of my daughter's dreams. It was absolutely perfect in every way. Thank you Serendipity Bridal! You are simply the best!

Sent on 10/05/2017

Amanda · Married on 09/29/2017

I knew when I was ready for wedding dress shopping I wanted to go to Serendipity. My first day there I met Jennifer and she was soo helpful. The place was nice, clean, and well organized. They have a wide variety of dresses to fit anybody style.

Sent on 10/30/2017

Gabby · Married on 05/27/2017

Serendipity is incredible! Very clean, neat and organized shop! Very good selection and lots of privacy unlike Davids bridal. My consultant was Jennifer and she was amazing!

Sent on 06/21/2017
  • Valerie

Valerie · Married on 06/25/2016

I 'stopped by' Serendipity just to 'glance' at the dresses. I thought if I like Serendipity, I'll make an appointment. Well, the sales women was very warm and welcoming without an appointment. She said she wasn't expecting anyone and you have to try on a dress to know if you truly like it. Because I'm an older bride, I was going to purchase a tea length dress, be practical, wear it again. Before I knew it, I was in a full length gown. Within a weeks time, I ordered my dress and my maid of honor ordered hers. In the next few days, my mother and bridesmaid ordered theirs. I can't wait for my dress to be delivered!

Sent on 03/04/2016

When I walked into the store, I was immediately greeted and introduced to Jessica. She asked what I was looking for in a dress, where my venue was, and how much my budget was. She proceeded to honestly tell me which designers would work best with my short height and asked if I wanted to see the sale room. While trying on dresses, Jessica gave me her honest opinion and helped me walk through my decision making process. I did not feel overwhelmed at all, even though I tried on at like 20 dresses. I came in looking for one style of dress, but walked out with a completely different dress that was way under my price point. I would highly recommend Serendipity to anyone looking for a dress or anything related to your wedding!!!

Sent on 09/24/2015
  • Lorith

Lori · Married on 05/08/2016

I came into Serendipity this afternoon disheartened and skeptical. I'd had bad bridal experiences previously and wasn't sure what to expect. I had no appointment and went inside on a whim. They explained bridal was by appointment only but I could look at bridesmaids dresses. My matron of honor ended up seeing some bridal gowns she wanted me to try, and I did anyway. With some help from the staff we ended up getting me a gown that not only flattered my body, but really spoke to my heart. I was so thankful for the respect I was treated with. They didn't have to take care of me without an appointment, but they did. I never felt pressured or like just a sale. I'm as touched by their kindness as I am by having found my gown. I WILL recommend Serendipity to all of the brides I know and I can't wait to go back with my bridesmaids for their dresses.

Sent on 07/24/2015

Alisa · Married on 09/26/2015

From the day I picked out my dress to the day that I brought it home everyone at Serendipity was amazing. Even with last minute alteration worries, they worked quickly to resolve my issues and I couldn't have asked for anything more. I'd definitely recommend them.

Sent on 10/20/2015

Lauryn · Married on 07/11/2015

I absolutely ADORE Serendipity Bridal and Events!! I bought my wedding gown there and had the most amazing experience. The ladies at Serendipity treat their brides like royalty. They always make you feel beautiful, and never push you to make a decision you aren't 100% certain about. They truly devote their time to you when you are there, and take pride in helping make you look your best for your big day! They are so friendly and always seem just as excited as you are about your wedding. These ladies are so personable and just a joy to work with. As excited as I was to finally take my dress home the week of my wedding, I was so sad to say goodbye to them! I would recommend Serendipity to all Maryland brides! They have a gracious selection of beautiful gowns, and will provide you with a wonderful bridal experience!

Sent on 08/03/2015

Jeanette · Married on 06/20/2015

I am so glad I decided to buy my dress at Serendipity, they are incredibly professional and definitely a top quality business without being overly expensive. I actually had to go there alone to shop for dresses but the women (Beth) helping me out never pressured me the whole time. Seriously, she was so kind and helped me try on about 10 dress until I found the one! I was so relieved to be able to experiment with different styles and explore what would work for me. Other places I went to just didn’t provide that same experience, they didn’t care as much. My experience at Serendipity was amazing!!

Unfortunately, I took my dress somewhere else for alterations and I totally regret it. The other seamstress at a different company ruined my dress and 3 weeks before the wedding I had to scramble to find another! It was a nightmare.. Thankfully I went back to Serendipity, explained the situation and they helped me get the same dress off the rack. I worked directly with the owners too and they were amazing! Honestly, they sincerely cared about my happiness and did everything they could to make my experience wonderful. After all of that I went ahead and used their seamstress and she did SUCH an amazing job with my dress. This new dress was a little small but she made it work. Seriously she is amazing, I probably tried out 7 different bustle styles too, before deciding on one and she was incredibly patient. I wish from the bottom of my heart that I had just gone with their seamstress to begin with...

Anyway, all in all Serendipity saved my wedding on short notice and made me feel so beautiful, and helped me find a solution to a terrible situation that I had to deal with right before the wedding. They run an honest business with incredible professionalism. I recommend any bride to go here, even if it’s a long drive. I’m telling you, it’s so worth it!

Sent on 02/05/2016

Serendipity was and is amazing to work with. I have gotten two bridesmaid dresses there for previous weddings, my wedding dress, and my bridesmaids & flower girl dresses!!! They have something for everyone. I can't imagine any bride walking out of there disappointed.

Sent on 01/24/2015

Elizabeth · Married on 10/25/2014

Janice, her daughter, and their staff were such a pleasure to work with! My dress was absolutely perfect - more amazing than what I imagined in my head. When my veil arrived and was the wrong length (mistake from the veil company not Serendipity) Janice called the company herself and had another veil, with the correct length, mailed overnight to their store. This was greatly appreciated since I had my hair trial-run a day later and I wanted my veil for my trial. I would recommend them over and over again!

Sent on 12/03/2014

Michael · Married on 09/14/2014

The staff at Serendipity Bridal and Events provided exceptional service. They even accommodated my last minute change in schedule, moving my wedding date up by a month, by making frequent inquiries regarding the ship date for my dress. My dress came in with time to spare.

Sent on 10/14/2014

Very Prett Dresses. Good Service.

Sent on 06/08/2014

Kaitlyn · Married on 06/28/2014

Using Serendipity for both my dress and my event design was the best decision I could have made in my wedding planning process! Janice, Jessica, Beth, and Jennifer are all amazing to work with!
    The Kenneth Winston dress I bought from their shop was absolutely perfect! I received so many comments on the day of my wedding on how beautiful and well tailored the dress was, and how gorgeous and elegant my jewelry was (also purchased from Serendipity).
    Janice and Jessica worked closely with me for eight months to help me to design the perfect event. Serendipity provided me with everything for my big day including; flowers, linens, lighting, place cards, and napkins.
    I could not have asked for a more perfect day thanks to the wonderful work of the ladies at Serendipity. I would highly recommend their shop and services to any bride.

Sent on 07/09/2014

leyvi · Married on 06/28/2014

When I booked my appointment at their store I was a bit hesitant because I had already been to stores in Old Town Alexandria and Stores in DC and I wasn't able to find anything I like for my price point. I didn't think a store in southern MD could have that many designer dresses to choose from but I was pleasantly surprised by their stock and wide price ranges.

The dress buying experience at their store was amazing. My salesperson was Beth. She helped me find the dress of my dreams, Enzoani Blue - Dalby. This is a dress that I truly wanted but felt that I couldn't pull it off. She instill confidence in me and I'm so thankful for that. I love the dress, how it fits, the materials, the embellishments, the lace, ahhh and what can I say about the veil, wow, it made for beautiful pictures. I'm making the most out of this dress. I wore the dress 3 times; at the wedding, at a "day after the wedding" photoshoot, and at "Rock the Dress" photoshoot. It's beautiful and before I put it away I just wanted to enjoy it.

Thank you Beth for sharing your expertise in guiding me to this dress.

Thank you!

Sent on 12/30/2014

L · Married on 05/24/2014

I should probably start off with the following: I am not a good shopper, I am a worse decision maker, and I am easily overwhelmed when it comes to wedding stuff. Thanks to this, and the fact that I have a hard time with all the fuss and attention surrounding wedding dress shopping, a previous trip I made to another wedding dress shop ended in near tears and frustration.

Despite all this, I had an amazing experience at Serendipity. Overall, I found the shop to be a warm, inviting, cheerful place with a beautiful selection of dresses. I admit that going in I was concerned that working with a smaller, local shop would result in a small selection of dresses with higher price tags. I was completely wrong. Their dresses run a really good range in terms of style and budget.

The person that made this whole experience so completely outstanding was Beth. She was so understanding and patient and knew just when to step in to help and when to step back and give my mom and I some space. I felt attended to and listened to, but not overwhelmed or suffocated. She showed me some amazing dresses based on what I told her I liked, including a couple of slightly different options. I was also impressed with her ability to show me other things, such as veils, without making me feel pressured into making a decision and buying something right away. I felt like she had things under control the entire time but that I was always being heard. It was absolutely the experience I was looking for.

I did end up finding my dress at Serendipity and I will be back for my veil and other accessories once my dress comes in. I would absolutely recommend this shop to anyone in the area looking for a great wedding dress shopping experience.

Sent on 04/04/2013

Loved my dress! They matched my dress up to my mom's veil and it matched so perfectly I couldn't have asked for better people to help me out and find my dress. I didn't have my mom or friends when I found my dress, they were very supporitive and told me the truth! And I loved how they took payments! Made my life and wallet so much easier!

Sent on 12/21/2013

Janice, Jessica, Jennifer, and all of the staff were amazing!!! Their dresses are beautiful and the decorations they made for us were elegant :)

Sent on 11/25/2013

Barbara · Married on 07/06/2013

Jennifer Collison is by far one of the best wedding consultants. I came to Serendipity as a frazzled and nervous bride, not sure of what my dream dress would look like. Jennifer listened, observed and paid close attention to what I was looking for and brought out my dream dress. Brides need someone who is patient, understanding and very supportive and that's exactly what Jennifer provided. She truly took my wedding to another level and I'm so honored to have met her at the right time!!

Excited and Grateful Bride:):)
    Barbara T. Furlow soon to be Mrs. Smiles:)

Sent on 06/19/2013

Audrey · Married on 06/15/2013

I LOVE LOVE LOVE my wedding dress! The wonderful staff at Serendipity Bridal are truly to thank for helping me to chose the perfect dress. I initially went in thinking I would get a simple tea length dress (since I'm not really a dress up kind of gal) and ended up with a fairy tale dress. I've never loved a dress so much! The staff is simply amazing! It doesn't matter what day or time you go, you are met with the most superb group of knowledgable staff. They know their wedding dresses that's for sure. Alterations are done fast and you don't have to buy a dress from there in order to have alterations done. They also provide a wonderful selection of all the finishing touches such as veils, jewelry, shoes, etc. Bottom line, great shop, great staff, great selection.

Sent on 06/24/2013