Sawicki Studios Reviews

Sawicki Studios 7
  • MARLENA

MARLENA LOVAGLIO · Married on 06/30/2019

Amazing! Must hire for wedding

We hired Chris & Jen Sawicki for our engagement and wedding sessions, and let me say, they are one of the best photographers you will find in the Capital Region area!! My now-husband and I are beyond happy and grateful to have had the Sawicki team on our side for one of the most important and special events in our lives! Chris & Jen are personable, professional and at the same time low-key, so you won't even notice they're there. They have a keen eye to details, and their editing techniques will blow you out of the water when you see your final products. We couldn't be more thrilled to have had Sawicki Photography with us. Chris & Jen, thank you for everything! We cannot wait to see our final photos, but we're all (including family & friends) blown away by just the blog! Thank you for everything!! :)

Sent on 07/14/2019
    Sawicki Studios 8
    Sawicki Studios 9

Nicole · Married on 06/02/2019

Amazing photos and fun to work with

Sawicki studios was not only fun to work with, but the photos turned out absolutely amazing. I’m excited to have these photos forever and to share them with everyone. Thank you!!!

Sent on 06/07/2019
    Sawicki Studios 10
    Sawicki Studios 11
    Sawicki Studios 12
    Sawicki Studios 13

Lindsey · Married on 04/06/2019

The Absolute Best Photographers

When it comes to picking your wedding photographer, you just don't have a second chance. No matter how amazing the venue, caterer, DJ, etc, the most tangible and lasting memories will be those captured by your photographer.

My husband and I feel overwhelmingly blessed and fortunate that we chose Sawicki Studios, Chris and Jen, as our photographers for our wedding at the Hall of Springs in Saratoga Springs, NY. I have known of Sawicki Studios for years and have followed their blog religiously and knew that when I got married, I would have them photograph my wedding. Not only are they outstanding photographers, but their graphic design, photoshop work is to die for. If there is any chance of a bad weather day, Chris can use his photoshop magic and make the day look bright and beautiful. For instance, there is a "Reflection Pool" at my venue, but the pool was empty during my wedding... but according to my photos, the pool was full with a perfect mirror. Props to Chris!

Chris made a great impression from the very first point of contact: responsive, friendly, and open to finding out what worked best for us. We also appreciated the fact that he made an effort to connect with us on a personal level, as it really made a difference to us that he wanted to get to know us as a couple, rather than just "another client".

When it came to the day of the wedding, you could not hope for anything more. He knew the day's itinerary like the back of his hand, and was able to comfortably make his way to every crucial moment, position himself in the best spots, and capture every key memory that you knew (and many you didn't know!) you wanted to be captured. I also love the candid moments he was able to photograph, the kind of shots that separated our wedding from all the others, the kind that made our special day feel truly unique and one-of-a-kind.

When Sawicki Studios posted our blog on their website, the results took our breath away. I don't know how Chris and Jen do it, but they had the uncanny ability to capture not just our best side, but our most genuine and heart felt moments and emotions. I can't imagine many people can do what Sawicki Studios can do, so don't miss out!

Sent on 04/20/2019
  • Caitlyn

Caitlyn · Married on 12/31/2018

Breathtaking photos!

Chris and his wife, Jen are simply amazing. They do the best work in the area, if not in New York. He does whatever he can to get the best shots, whether it be jumping on random pieces of furniture or standing in the rain to get breath-taking photographs. They will not disappoint you. His photos go above and beyond your expectation. He also worked with my crazy idea as my first look in a blow up dinosaur costume, which he even made THAT look amazing.

Sent on 01/13/2019
  • Bridget

Bridget · Married on 11/10/2018

Go with your gut

The main thing i can say with hiring a photographer is GO WITH YOUR GUT. I hired a photographer ( not chris) when I first got engaged who was highly well known and popular and had a low price in the photography world. I wasn’t truly amazed by his photos they were just par and had no editing to them. I used him for an engagement shoot and from the second we started the shoot his energy was very rushed and anxious and i got a pit in my stomach about hiring him. Once we got the photos back I decided I did not want to work with him and so I had to go back to the drawing board. I found Chris but figured there was no way I could afford someone who had photos with as nice of quality as his. I messaged him on Facebook just to check and he was a bit over budget I told him unfortunately I could not afford that and he replied “that’s my off season I can work with that”. My mouth dropped and I ran around cheering. A few weeks later my fiancé and i met with him and he was the complete opposite of the previous photographer I had hired. He was SO relaxed and comforting. He just knew what he wanted to do and he didn’t try to sell us anything or tell us any lies and i booked him right away. He shot our wedding last Saturday and i am not lying when i tell you except for staged photos i NEVER saw him (which is a HUGE positive). I don’t remember seeing him walking down the aisle, during the first dance, nothing. But all of the sudden he uploaded these INSANE photos that he took that according to all my friends and family are “award winning”. And not only that but he had 30 photos uploaded in 3 days after the wedding! The morning after we were at breakfast and got 4 photos! Tell me a photographer that gives you photos that quick! It was chilly the day of our wedding and he consistently asked me if i was too cold and wanted to go inside. He made all of our private photos and family photos extremely quick and everyone loved him. I cannot say enough about the kind heart and talent this man has. He is worth EVERY penny.

Sent on 11/17/2018

Brenda · Married on 06/09/2018

Chris and Jen’s photos of our wedding are so much better than I could have ever imagined!! They were able to capture every nuance of the emotion and the meaning of the most perfect day ever. I love every image! Their professionalism and talent are exemplary. I cannot adequately express how much I appreciate all the work they did the day of the wedding and since to produce such beautiful images. Chris and Jen worked seamlessly with the other vendors to be present for every important moment while not making their presence felt. The candids were truly candid and the more formal poses were fun and easygoing. We couldn’t be happier!

Sent on 06/14/2018
    Sawicki Studios 14
    Sawicki Studios 15
    Sawicki Studios 16

Samantha · Married on 02/24/2018

Chris and Jen were amazing to work with! I have always admired their work and knew right from the beginning I wanted them to capture our wedding day. They were one time and made sure to check in before leaving to see if there were any last minute shots we wanted. They were very creative with their photography. They shared a sneak peek of our wedding photos and we are blown away with how amazing they look! Our friends and family are just as amazed with their work! I'd highly recommend Sawicki Studios! Great team and AMAZING photos!!

Sent on 03/06/2018

Daniel · Married on 09/24/2017

Chris is a phenomenal photographer. He captured our big day in fairytale fashion. He didn't miss a single special moment and brought us to tears with the end product. Chris and his wife are the perfect team and are guaranteed to exceed your expectations. 11/10, the best of the best and truly exceptional!

Sent on 09/28/2017
    Sawicki Studios 17
    Sawicki Studios 18
    Sawicki Studios 19
    Sawicki Studios 20

Jackie · Married on 09/09/2017

Chris was an amazing find for our wedding. After seeing his work via other friends' weddings and on Facebook, we inquired if he was free on fairly short notice (2 months). Luckily he was and worked with us to ensure we got everything we were looking for in a photographer. He arrived on time, got to work and was so stealthy in moving about the event you didn't even know he was there. We don't have our photos yet but he did produce a sneak peek and a preview on his blog within a few days after the event and from what I see, I know we are not disappointed. I highly recommend Sawicki Studios!

Sent on 09/18/2017

Danielle · Married on 07/01/2017

Chris and his crew are amazing!!!! The quality of his work is without a doubt the best and we didn't have to think twice about who we wanted to capture our wedding day!! He also did my sisters wedding and the photos from that day sealed the deal for us having Chris do our photos!!! He was amazing at grabbing us for certain photos that he knew we would end up loving!!

Sent on 07/07/2017

Beth · Married on 06/10/2017

My family, husband, and I cannot say enough about Chris and his wife Jen! To say I am impressed with their work is an understatement. Chris arrived and was ready to start shooting the moment he walked through the door! He took beautiful photos of everything - from my jewelry and dress to people having fun on the dance floor. He took photos of every detail, and now we will be able to relive this day over and over again!

What I loved most about working with Chris was his ability to pose my husband and I. He has a lot of experience and knows the best poses. I loved his willingness to try our suggestions (and his willingness to roll on the ground for a good shot!). He also had a great attitude - he was so easy to get along with. Honestly, I am SO glad we chose Sawicki Studios to capture our big day. The sneak peek shots he delivered the following day, as well as his blog post, were more than we could've ever asked for! :)

Sent on 06/19/2017

Kayla · Married on 01/21/2017

Chris and Jen made every penny we spent for our wedding show through our photos! When we got a sneak peak, we were absolutely blown away with what he has done. They were absolutely gorgeous. We couldn't be anymore happy with the results we got. Everyone can't stop talking about how beautiful our wedding photos are. We can't thank you guys enough. Chris you're a genius! Thank you, thank you, thank you! :)

Sent on 01/28/2017

Chris and Jen are seriously the best photographers ever! They captured our halloween themed wedding perfectly and did some awesome effects in Photoshop! I am beyond thrilled and can't wait to.see more photos. They made us feel super comfortable and are.both awesome people! Highly highly recommend!

Sent on 10/10/2016

Kayla · Married on 10/01/2016

Chris was a joy to work with! I met with 8 different photographers before I found him. All of the other photographers had the same "classic" style when Chris has this unique fairytale like style. He is very relaxed and layed back. He makes an awkward situation easy and fun to deal with. (Common who has a photographer following them around all day) We had a 1920s model T with us on our wedding day and as soon as Chris saw it the got excited and had a million Ideas. He was also very quick to get us a couple teaser pictures the next day and a blog with a Bunch of pictures 2 days later. We were absolutely blown away by the photos we have seen so far of our wedding and can't wait to see the rest.

Sent on 10/10/2016

Jessica · Married on 09/09/2016

Five years ago I was checking out a friend's wedding photos done by Chris and instantly fell in love with the shots. When I finally got engaged, the first email I sent was to Chris. I am located about two hours away and he was willing to skype, email, call and even come here to make it work. He was nothing but awesome from the beginning!! He did both our engagement photos and our wedding photos and I literally can't say enough great things. Not only does he capture mind-blowingly good photos (seriously), but he's also just an awesome guy who was fun and calm and down for whatever. We shot on roofs, in alleys, and even in the middle of the road and let me tell you, I get compliments on the photos multiple times per day. If I could recommend one thing to another bride-to-be it would be to go all out on your photographer- specifically, on Chris Sawicki. I promise you will not regret it!!!

Sent on 09/17/2016

Jacob · Married on 06/25/2016

We could not express more admiration for the amazing work that Chris did at our wedding. His level of service and attentiveness were paralleled and the money we spent on him was about the best money we spent on our entire day. After some major disappointments from other vendors, Chris's assistant was very sweet and we went on with our night with a smile on our face. We can't thank them more!

Sent on 09/28/2016

Sarah · Married on 05/27/2016

Chris and his wife, Jen photographed our wedding last week, and they did an absolutely amazing job. Starting from our initial consultation and continuing through our wedding day and beyond, Chris has been a model of professionalism. He was willing to meet with us or have a long telephone call when we requested or had questions, which was a huge help to us. He also took control of the day of timeline, which was another huge help to us in organizing our family and friends on our wedding day. He and Jen took the most absolutely beautiful photos I have ever seen. I can't believe that it's me in some of them. They were also able to provide us with a good amount of photos within a few days, which meant I could show them to my friends and family that much sooner. When I do show them, my family constantly comments that they never even noticed them taking pictures. They did a great job of getting the perfect shot without being obtrusive. It was absolutely perfect! I would recommend them to anyone looking to hire a photographer.
    Thank you Chris and Jen!

Sent on 06/05/2016

Heather · Married on 09/05/2015

The best photographer around!! If you want to remember your wedding there is no other person that I would recommend except Sawicki Studios!!! Chris and Jason captured every single special moment on the day of our wedding. We would look around and there he and Jason were in the strangest positions making sure to capture the best angle. EVERY picture that we have seen is just mind blowing!! Chris pays attention to every single detail making sure each click is better than the last. To me pictures are a forever reminder and as I look back on our wedding day I get tears in my eyes because they captured the most precious moments throughout the whole day! They did the best job and we are forever grateful to be able to of had you capture our day. Worth every single penny and more!!! Thanks Chris and Jason.
    Mr. & Mrs. Gabriel Lopez

Sent on 09/14/2015

Jaime · Married on 07/04/2015

We saw Chris' photos online and knew when we were getting married he would be the person to capture our big day. Working with Chris he is very easy going, fast, precise and detailed, not to mention the amazing photos he takes. We are so amazed by the sneak peak photos and are so excited to see the rest. Everyone is still commenting on how amazing our photographer was. Thank you Sawicki Studios!!!

Sent on 07/19/2015

Eric · Married on 05/30/2015

Chris and his assistant Jason were AMAZING! They by far exceeded our expectations for a wedding photographer. Always excited to talk about the wedding and the engagement session, and always on board with all of our ideas. It's not very often when the guests at the wedding compliment how awesome the photographer is, like our guests did. Thank you so much Chris and Sawicki Studios!

Sent on 06/01/2015

Cassandra · Married on 09/27/2014

Chris was such a joy to work with. He's laid back, fun, and interacts with his clients to help lighten the mood so as to capture the most spectacular of shots. He definitely is not one of those in your face photographers you sometimes come across. Quite the contrary when it comes to Sawicki Studios. In fact, he captured more of what we wanted before he was even asked. Chris's ability to use his surroundings and lighting to capture the most impressive wedding pictures. I'd recommend his services to any bride, and will be contacting him for more photo shoots in the future.

Sent on 09/29/2014

Kevin · Married on 06/21/2014

Chris and Jason were awesome! They are very detailed and ensure that they get the best shots on your wedding day!!

Sent on 06/22/2014

Sarah · Married on 06/21/2014

Chris takes amazing pictures! After seeing our engagement pics we knew we made the right choice in booking him as our wedding photographer. Our family kept saying how nice he was and they appreciated how quickly he took the family pics so they could get to cocktail hour! He had two "sneak peaks" up the day after the wedding which was great. We can't wait to see the rest and have no doubts that they'll be beautiful.

Sent on 06/23/2014
  • Vanessa

Vanessa · Married on 10/05/2013

The first time I saw the photos that Sawicki does I fell instantly in love with them. I knew that I wanted to have them do my photography for my wedding. Not a minute did I second guess my decision. Chris was very professional from the first meeting we had with him until the day of the wedding. He is very prompt and answers emails quickly and answers any questions. He is also very accommodating and will make sure that he captures everything that you want him to. His photos and lighting are simply amazing!

Sent on 10/20/2013

Megan · Married on 09/21/2013

They are by far the best photographers in the capital region. The pictures we've seen on the blog from our wedding are incredible. Everything I ever hoped for. I can't wait to see them all, I'm more than satisfied with everything from A to Z with them!!

Sent on 09/21/2016