Savannah Event Catering Reviews

Savannah Event Catering 5
  • Anastasia

Anastasia · Married on 11/30/2019

Incredible Options , Flawless Execution

I absolutely LOVED my experience with Savannah Event Catering. Mark was so nice and fun to bounce ideas off of, he really helped us create a menu that felt completely authentic to me and my husband's tastes. We got tons of compliments throughout the night on the food, my favorite of which was: "This food! Did someone's grandma make this?!" The staff was so friendly and easy to work with, the whole team really made my night such a breeze! My only regret was that I didn't eat more!

Savannah Event Catering 6
    Savannah Event Catering 7
    Savannah Event Catering 8
    Savannah Event Catering 9
    Savannah Event Catering 10
    Sent on 12/24/2019
  • Kayla

Kayla · Married on 10/05/2019

Delicious! I still crave our wedding food regularly!

We went for a tasting a few months prior to our wedding and were blown away. First of all, the tasting was completely free which wasn’t the case with some of the other vendors we tried. He made quite an assortment of food for us to try and we were blown away by every dish and left the tasting completely stuffed. We decided on a buffet and mark helped us create and customize our menu. He made the process so easy! On the day of our wedding, we got so many compliments on our food. This was a major win because we chose a lot of Cuban dishes and half of our guest list were Cuban and living in Miami where the food is authentic and delicious. Mark actually worked at a restaurant in south Florida, so he knew exactly what he was doing!

Sent on 11/05/2019
  • Jacqui

Jacqui · Married on 11/17/2018

The best!

Mark, Mandy and the entire Savannah Events Catering is so professional and really worked so hard to contribute to my dream wedding. From the very first complimentary tasting-our minds were blown away by the food. Mark & team were so friendly, warm and welcoming. The food was out-of-sight and I was excited for them to cater my wedding for 160 people. Mandy was great communicating between email with my mom & I. Their pricing is extremely fair and even better because their food was so delicious. One thing I very clearly remember is when the groom and I were taking pictures after the ceremony..everyone was having hors d’oeuvres at cocktail hour. One of the servers saw us and left us with an entire tray of the food she was passing out. Everyone says the bride & groom never get to eat the food at their wedding but this server went above & beyond to make sure James & I got to eat. The food & layout at the wedding was perfect, the amount of servers passing food was excellent and the clean up process was quick and seemed very easy. Mark & Team even added complimentary hot apple cider per my request! I cannot say enough good things about Savannah Events Catering and if all of this isn’t enough, they packed up all of the leftovers and James & I are still eating our wedding food a week later!! I love this company and will recommend to everyone I know getting married in Savannah. Thank you, Mark & the Savannah Events Catering Team!

Sent on 11/23/2018

Joan Pierce · Married on 10/20/2018

Best wedding I have ever attended

My son's wedding was held in our home and Savannah Event Catering provided the most outstanding food and service. The entire experience was stress free and made for the best wedding I have ever attended.

Sent on 12/29/2018

Megan & Matthew · Married on 01/13/2018

Savannah Event Catering was excellent, the tasting we attended before making our selection was great and I highly recommend taking the time to do this. Mark prepared a large array of appetizers and main dishes. Mark helped us put together a menu that satisfied everyone. We did a buffet with the slider station. The food was wonderful, quality and quantity was perfect. If you are looking for an alternative to a traditional wedding cake (we had a small one for the cake cutting) the flaming donuts were a huge hit. Not only was it a great presentation they were absolutely delicious.

Sent on 03/08/2018

Monelle · Married on 01/06/2018

Very easy to work with. Plated meal choice, beef shoulder tenderloin and chicken breast. Food was a HUGE hit! Dessert, flaming donuts also well enjoyed!

Sent on 01/22/2018

Cheryl · Married on 01/06/2018

Excellent food for our wedding! Everyone raved about the food! Plenty of food, displayed beautifully and served nicely! I recommend Chef Mark and his crew for all your catering needs!

Sent on 02/05/2018

Christina · Married on 12/02/2017

Had such a great time working with Savannah Event Catering for our wedding. Chef Mark customized a menu that couldn't have matched our personalities and our wedding more perfectly. The food was incredible and the service was perfect! Could not recommend them more

Sent on 01/22/2018

Kathryn · Married on 10/21/2017

We were absolutely thrilled with Mark and his team! Our guests talked about how great the food was for the rest of the entire reception and weekend. We happily traded our cake out for flaming donuts and it did not disappoint! They were flexible for vegetarian meals and vendor meals as well. Thanks SEC!!!

Sent on 11/29/2017

Alyssa · Married on 10/14/2017

We were incredibly impressed with Savannah Event Catering from our initial contact through the big event. The food and service are top quality for a reasonable price. Our guests were very happy with the food. The shrimp and grits were a huge hit! We highly recommend Mark Scomo and his team at Savannah Event Catering!!

Sent on 10/31/2017

Heather · Married on 09/30/2017

Fabulous experience with Savannah Event Catering. Food tasted amazing and was affordable, the grilled cheese bar during the dance was a huge success! Highly recommend this vendor.

Sent on 10/14/2017

Samantha · Married on 04/28/2017

This place is awesome! They have great prices and great food! Our guests raved about how great the food was. Savannah Event Catering was great to work with, very responsive, offered suggestions when we werent sure what we wanted, made any amendments we asked them to make. All around great! I highly recommend them!

Sent on 05/07/2017

Anne · Married on 02/11/2017

We used Savannah Event Catering for annual Porsche club dinners, and we decided to use them for all of our dinners. They provided the best service, best food, and a diverse menu for a great value. Our drivers all raved over the catering that was so much better than any other catered dinners from other vendors. We thank them so much and will spread the word to the other car clubs.

Sent on 02/12/2017

Anna · Married on 12/17/2016

Mark was recommended to us by so many people and I now understand why. His food is spectacularly delicious! The most difficult part was trying to decide which amazing food we wanted at our wedding because we wanted it all!!! The flaming donuts were so fun and unique and I honestly cant say anything bad about them. All the servers were so nice and easy to work with as well. Mark is so easy going and down to earth, he made me feel so comfortable about everything. Most definitely recommended!

Sent on 01/07/2017

Lisa · Married on 11/19/2016

Mark, the SEC team, and the food were flawless. We had an amazing night and everyone raved about how much they enjoyed the food! I highly recommend the bacon wrapped chicken and the braised beef with risotto- YUMMY! So glad I chose Savannah Event Catering!

Sent on 12/03/2016

Samantha · Married on 09/24/2016

Mark and his team are wonderful! The tasting was so much fun and they truly take pride in their food. We absolutely loved everything about the stations we had at our reception. They helped us formulate the perfect menu and our guests continue to rave about the food! I would recommend Savannah Event Catering for any special event you may have!

Sent on 10/23/2016

Kyle · Married on 09/17/2016

We made a great decision by choosing Savannah Event Catering for the wedding. Then, we made a poor decision by trying to find a different rehearsal dinner caterer / venue. Then, we made a really awesome decision to select them for the rehearsal dinner as well!

For the rehearsal dinner, they brought what was quite possibly the best low country boil we've ever had - the staff that came to support the event was courteous, friendly, quick to help in whatever way possible, and made the event even more amazing than we thought it could have been!

For the wedding, I don't even know where to start! The appetizers were a hit (we took the Brie/Raspberry phyllo cup recipe and scored some points recently with a dinner), and the stations were each really amazing - can't go wrong with shrimp and grits; also can't go wrong with Chicken and Waffles!

And to wrap everything up, regardless if you get a groom's cake, you have to get the flaming doughnut bar - it was a spectacle to see and was one of the best things we had at the wedding!

Sent on 10/15/2016
  • User7090989 · event on: 08/14/2016

Savannah Event Catering provided food and service to our family for a reunion for two separate events and the food was excellent - very tasty and there was ample selections to choose from, the service was professional and the staff was personable. I would definately use this vendor again and recommend them to anyone who needs an event catered.

Sent on 08/15/2016

Crystal · Married on 07/30/2016

Savannah Event Catering will work with your budget while creating an amazing cuisine for your guests. The food was amazing and my guests complimented it frequently. I was very pleased with working with them.

Sent on 09/03/2016
  • Kimberly

Kimberly · Married on 05/25/2016

Amazing and Attentive

Savannah Event Catering is the best option to choose for your wedding! The taste testing was amazing, they gave us so many options to choose from so we were allowed to choose from several different options rather than having a menu created and solely going off that. It really stood out to me that they were able to give us so many options. They truly wanted to create a menu based on our wants and traditions! I come from a Hispanic background so they were able to incorporate different things into the menu like plantains, Jamaica, and ceviche. We were even able to create a special late night snack surprise for the Groom, which he absolutely loved. Everyone at the wedding said that the food was awesome and the best they’ve ever had at a wedding. I highly recommend the flaming donut bar for anyone who wants to go with a different style of dessert! I’m also super appreciative of how well the team worked together and made sure every guest was happy. I remember briefly mentioning to one of my friends that I wanted to try one of the appetizers and within seconds someone with the tray came up to me to give me one! They were all so attentive and helpful. Thank you to Savannah Event Catering for making my wedding special.

Sent on 07/05/2019

Savannah · Married on 04/02/2016

The food was perfect. The staff were perfect. Everything- was perfect!! We did multiple taste testings and after a short time established our dream menu. We come from a family of "foodies" and wanted a caterer who could impress our families. Savannah Event Catering pulled it off!!! Everyone enjoyed the food and service. Would recommend these guys again in a heartbeat.

Sent on 05/30/2016

Ali · Married on 03/11/2016

You will not be disappointed!!! When searching for a caterer online, I was immediately drawn to Mark's menu. Being from south Louisiana, it was difficult to find a caterer that was just right for our needs, but Mark made it easy! The tasting we scheduled left us craving more of his divine food. We couldn't have been more pleased with the excellent, professional service and the delicious, gorgeously displayed food. Our guests were talking about how delicious it was long after we made it back home!! A+ review from all of us!! Thanks again Mark!! Hope we get to see you guys again!!

Sent on 04/01/2016

Victoria · Married on 11/21/2015

Mark is great! He is very professional, and has many ideas to make your event great. For example, we had BBQ at our wedding and made the suggestion of serving chicken for our appetizers for our guests who may not like pork. It seems like a no-brainer, but as a stressed out bride, it was a wonderful suggestion! The food was wonderful, and the set up was beautiful. Thank you again for making our day great!

Sent on 09/04/2016
  • Sean and Stephanie

Stephanie · Married on 10/10/2015

Mark and Haley are SOOO great! From start to finish these guys were amazing to work with. Haley revised my quote I think a hundred times to fit perfectly with the food I wanted and to fit my budget needs! I also was planning my wedding from Virginia where I live and they made me feel so comfortable with working with them from so far away. I came into town a few weeks before the big day and Mark made a feast for our tasting! Every single thing was so delicious and had such good flavor. I am a health and fitness coach and a HUGE foodie - he was able to perfectly tailor the menu to what we wanted. Everyone was so impressed with the food and we couldn't have been any happier with our catering selection!!!!! Thank so much Mark and Haley, I would HIGHLY recommend these guys to everyone in or around the Savannah area!

Sent on 07/07/2016

Teresa · Married on 09/19/2015

Savannah Event Caters were very professional and very prepared . The food was great the best shrimp and grits I have ever eaten. Professsional, great customer service.

Sent on 10/26/2015