Savannah Event Catering Reviews

86 | Savannah, GA

86 Reviews for Savannah Event Catering

Tj · Getting married on 05/10/2021

People Are Still Talking

Chef Mark and his crew simply provided the best options. Chef Mark was the only chef my daughter and her fiance with whom they had a tasting and it was a one and done. Wedding guests are still talking about the food. The beef and mushroom risotto was a huge hit! There were no leftovers.

Sent on 01/25/2021

Joann F. · Married on 11/21/2020

Awesome food and service!

As the mother of three daughters , I had the pleasure of working with Mark and Savannah Event Catering on all three of my girls weddings. The food was absolutely delicious and they were very accommodating! I highly recommend!!

Sent on 12/16/2020
  • Morgan

Morgan H. · Married on 10/17/2020

Awesome food!

Savannah Event Catering is top notch. All of my guests were raving about the food. I was particularly excited about the food for our wedding after our tasting. Be warned though, after your tasting you will have a hard time deciding on which goodies, you’ll want your guests eating on the big day. We had a carving station, shrimp and grits, several delicious appetizers and Flaming Donuts! All of our food was a hit! I highly recommend Chef Mark and his team.

Sent on 10/28/2020
  • Summer

Summer L. · Married on 10/10/2020

Food was Phenomenal

Y’all, this was the best decision we ever made to use Savannah Event Catering! From start to finish, the communication was always on point. The food was delicious. Our guests raved about our appetizers - Hawiaiian Pineapple Chicken Bacon bites & goat cheese and artichoke turnovers were sure a hit. Blackened chicken, green beans, fresh veggies, mac n cheese were definitely on point. Everything was perfect!

Sent on 10/13/2020

Keisha T. · Married on 09/19/2020

September Wedding

We had the best experience with Savanah Event Catering! I spoke to Chef Mark on the phone and gave him a little background on myself and my husband. After our talk he was able to put together the perfect menu to incorporate both backgrounds. We were able to do a tasting of our menu and we were beyond impressed. This is not typical “wedding food.” It was delicious and so much flavor. Our guests loved the food and went back for seconds and thirds. I highly recommend them to do any event!

Sent on 10/26/2020

Brooke S. · Married on 08/29/2020

Wedding vendor

We used Savannah Event Catering for our wedding in August 2020. They were perfect from the beginning!! We had to change our wedding date because of Covid which meant we had to switch catering vendors, and they were available. They tried to help us out as much as possible with pricing due to having to switch. Their food tasting is also AMAZINGGGG! You will not regret choosing them as your caterer!

Sent on 10/28/2020
  • Brandi

Brandi · Married on 08/01/2020

Beyond Amazing!!!!

I can’t even think of the words to describe the service of owners and staff at Savannah Event Catering. Spectacular, amazing, splendid...... I could list hundred. This company took on my wedding in the middle of the pandemic in August and still today attendees are taking about the food, service, and of course the flaming doughnuts!!!!! Thanks again for being a part of making sure my Special day was nothing less than Perfect!!!!

Sent on 10/26/2020
  • Lauren

Lauren E. · Married on 03/07/2020

Best catering ever!!!

Mark is an amazingly talented chef who loves what he does, and you can tell by how amazing his food tastes!! All of our guests made a point to compliment the food. My husband and I are huge foodies so we wanted something other than traditional catering for our wedding and they absolutely delivered. By far, they make the best shrimp and grits I’ve ever had and my husband chose to have the flaming donut station instead of a grooms cake and it was a huge hit! Would definitely recommend!

Sent on 03/15/2020
  • Nicole

Nicole C. · Married on 03/07/2020

Best Catering - Highly Recommend!

Savannah Event Catering’s food is amazing! Mark is a very talented chef! We did a taste testing more than a year before our wedding and fell in love with Mark’s food. We enjoyed working with him and his staff before and at the wedding, especially Mandy. Mandy was very responsive during the planning process. Mark also blew our guests away with his food. We heard all wonderful things about the food at our wedding and we couldn’t have agreed more! The shrimp and grits were a hit. We would recommend Savannah Event Catering to everyone getting married in the Savannah area. Thank you, Mark and the Savannah Events Catering Team!

Sent on 06/10/2020
  • Anastasia

Anastasia · Married on 11/30/2019

Incredible Options , Flawless Execution

I absolutely LOVED my experience with Savannah Event Catering. Mark was so nice and fun to bounce ideas off of, he really helped us create a menu that felt completely authentic to me and my husband's tastes. We got tons of compliments throughout the night on the food, my favorite of which was: "This food! Did someone's grandma make this?!" The staff was so friendly and easy to work with, the whole team really made my night such a breeze! My only regret was that I didn't eat more!

Sent on 12/24/2019
  • Kayla

Kayla · Married on 10/05/2019

Delicious! I still crave our wedding food regularly!

We went for a tasting a few months prior to our wedding and were blown away. First of all, the tasting was completely free which wasn’t the case with some of the other vendors we tried. He made quite an assortment of food for us to try and we were blown away by every dish and left the tasting completely stuffed. We decided on a buffet and mark helped us create and customize our menu. He made the process so easy! On the day of our wedding, we got so many compliments on our food. This was a major win because we chose a lot of Cuban dishes and half of our guest list were Cuban and living in Miami where the food is authentic and delicious. Mark actually worked at a restaurant in south Florida, so he knew exactly what he was doing!

Sent on 11/05/2019
  • Jacqui

Jacqui · Married on 11/17/2018

The best!

Mark, Mandy and the entire Savannah Events Catering is so professional and really worked so hard to contribute to my dream wedding. From the very first complimentary tasting-our minds were blown away by the food. Mark & team were so friendly, warm and welcoming. The food was out-of-sight and I was excited for them to cater my wedding for 160 people. Mandy was great communicating between email with my mom & I. Their pricing is extremely fair and even better because their food was so delicious. One thing I very clearly remember is when the groom and I were taking pictures after the ceremony..everyone was having hors d’oeuvres at cocktail hour. One of the servers saw us and left us with an entire tray of the food she was passing out. Everyone says the bride & groom never get to eat the food at their wedding but this server went above & beyond to make sure James & I got to eat. The food & layout at the wedding was perfect, the amount of servers passing food was excellent and the clean up process was quick and seemed very easy. Mark & Team even added complimentary hot apple cider per my request! I cannot say enough good things about Savannah Events Catering and if all of this isn’t enough, they packed up all of the leftovers and James & I are still eating our wedding food a week later!! I love this company and will recommend to everyone I know getting married in Savannah. Thank you, Mark & the Savannah Events Catering Team!

Sent on 11/23/2018

Joan P. · Married on 10/20/2018

Best wedding I have ever attended

My son's wedding was held in our home and Savannah Event Catering provided the most outstanding food and service. The entire experience was stress free and made for the best wedding I have ever attended.

Sent on 12/29/2018

Megan M. · Married on 01/13/2018

Savannah Event Catering was excellent, the tasting we attended before making our selection was great and I highly recommend taking the time to do this. Mark prepared a large array of appetizers and main dishes. Mark helped us put together a menu that satisfied everyone. We did a buffet with the slider station. The food was wonderful, quality and quantity was perfect. If you are looking for an alternative to a traditional wedding cake (we had a small one for the cake cutting) the flaming donuts were a huge hit. Not only was it a great presentation they were absolutely delicious.

Sent on 03/08/2018

Monelle · Married on 01/06/2018

Very easy to work with. Plated meal choice, beef shoulder tenderloin and chicken breast. Food was a HUGE hit! Dessert, flaming donuts also well enjoyed!

Sent on 01/22/2018

Cheryl · Married on 01/06/2018

Excellent food for our wedding! Everyone raved about the food! Plenty of food, displayed beautifully and served nicely! I recommend Chef Mark and his crew for all your catering needs!

Sent on 02/05/2018

Christina · Married on 12/02/2017

Had such a great time working with Savannah Event Catering for our wedding. Chef Mark customized a menu that couldn't have matched our personalities and our wedding more perfectly. The food was incredible and the service was perfect! Could not recommend them more

Sent on 01/22/2018

Kathryn · Married on 10/21/2017

We were absolutely thrilled with Mark and his team! Our guests talked about how great the food was for the rest of the entire reception and weekend. We happily traded our cake out for flaming donuts and it did not disappoint! They were flexible for vegetarian meals and vendor meals as well. Thanks SEC!!!

Sent on 11/29/2017

Alyssa · Married on 10/14/2017

We were incredibly impressed with Savannah Event Catering from our initial contact through the big event. The food and service are top quality for a reasonable price. Our guests were very happy with the food. The shrimp and grits were a huge hit! We highly recommend Mark Scomo and his team at Savannah Event Catering!!

Sent on 10/31/2017

Heather · Married on 09/30/2017

Fabulous experience with Savannah Event Catering. Food tasted amazing and was affordable, the grilled cheese bar during the dance was a huge success! Highly recommend this vendor.

Sent on 10/14/2017

Samantha · Married on 04/28/2017

This place is awesome! They have great prices and great food! Our guests raved about how great the food was. Savannah Event Catering was great to work with, very responsive, offered suggestions when we werent sure what we wanted, made any amendments we asked them to make. All around great! I highly recommend them!

Sent on 05/07/2017

Anne · Married on 02/11/2017

We used Savannah Event Catering for annual Porsche club dinners, and we decided to use them for all of our dinners. They provided the best service, best food, and a diverse menu for a great value. Our drivers all raved over the catering that was so much better than any other catered dinners from other vendors. We thank them so much and will spread the word to the other car clubs.

Sent on 02/12/2017

Anna · Married on 12/17/2016

Mark was recommended to us by so many people and I now understand why. His food is spectacularly delicious! The most difficult part was trying to decide which amazing food we wanted at our wedding because we wanted it all!!! The flaming donuts were so fun and unique and I honestly cant say anything bad about them. All the servers were so nice and easy to work with as well. Mark is so easy going and down to earth, he made me feel so comfortable about everything. Most definitely recommended!

Sent on 01/07/2017

Lisa · Married on 11/19/2016

Mark, the SEC team, and the food were flawless. We had an amazing night and everyone raved about how much they enjoyed the food! I highly recommend the bacon wrapped chicken and the braised beef with risotto- YUMMY! So glad I chose Savannah Event Catering!

Sent on 12/03/2016