Sarah Giggar Makeup Artistry Reviews

72 | New York, NY

72 Reviews for Sarah Giggar Makeup Artistry

Laura · Married on 06/23/2013

I cannot rave about Sarah enough! She made me look gorgeous for my wedding. I wish I could take her home with me! She's professional, fun and very skilled at what she does. I've already convinced my sister to book her when she gets married. I cannot say enough good things about her. You will not be disappointed!

Sent on 07/19/2013

Laura · Married on 06/23/2013

Sarah is amazing! She is personable, talented and professional. I looked and felt gorgeous on my wedding day, all thanks to her! She has an amazing talent for makeup and is very education on skin care as well. I highly recommend her!

Sent on 07/25/2013

Katelyn · Married on 06/22/2013

I chose Sarah Giggar Makeup Artistry for my wedding day, and I would choose her again in a HEARTBEAT if I had to do it all over again.

I have never had my makeup done professionally, so of course I was nervous that I wouldn't look like myself - or that I would look "caked on". When I met Sarah for the first time, I did a trial for my engagement pictures and was SO pleased with the outcome - not only did the makeup feel so light, it LOOKED light and natural. Sarah kept her professionalism throughout the trial by making sure I was comfortable, allowing me to look at the progress as she went, and encouraged me to speak up if I didn't like anything. Of course, that wasn't necessary because she does amazing work!

On my wedding day, Sarah showed up to my house right on time, quickly set up in our kitchen, and got right to work. She was a calming spirit in an otherwise somewhat-stressed house with 7 women getting ready for a wedding! Sarah took her time during each of my bridesmaids and my mom's applications, making sure they felt comfortable. Some girls don't prefer heavy eye makeup or blush, and she truly made each of my bridesmaids look FLAWLESS, natural, and simply gorgeous. All of my bridesmaids and my mom kept complimenting each other at how beautiful they all looked.

Sarah is not only a truly talented and gifted makeup artist, but she is a kind-hearted and genuine person. She has a personality that can mesh with anyone, surely a guarantee for a flawless and peaceful experience. Given my experience in a one-on-one setting for my trial, and in a house filled with excited women prepping for a wedding, Sarah remained professional, all while being "one of the girls".

I would recommend Sarah's makeup services to anyone, any age - whether they need it for a wedding or special event. I can't say enough great things about her, and once you meet her - you'll instantly understand why.

Sent on 07/18/2013

Tammy · Married on 06/07/2013

I don't know what I would have done if I hadn't found Sarah. She did my make up and my moms for my wedding day and again the next day for a party reception for which she did 8 bridesmaids as well. Everyone looked beautiful and was done ahead of schedule. She even did eyelashes for every girl! I have gotten my make up for various other weddings I was in and there is no comparison. Sarah is the best. Not only is she great at what she does she is also professional thorough and fun! I had a great time getting ready and felt the most beautiful I have ever felt. What more could you ask for?

Sent on 07/19/2013

Marietta · Married on 03/09/2013

Sarah is a phenomenal make up artist. I'm a makeup junkie myself, so I'm not particularly easy to please. First, Sarah was happy to share tips and tricks with me at the makeup trial. She gave me a comprehensive list to get my skin into tip top shape before the wedding. She answered a ton of questions and was always responsive to my many emails. Most importantly, my wedding day makeup was flawless, and it lasted until well into the wee hours of the morning. I looked fabulous even in photos from the after party. My mom and matron of honor were also thrilled with their makeup. I'd recommend Sarah in a heartbeat. She is a pleasure to work with and a consummate professional!

Sent on 03/25/2013

Marietta thank you!

Kendall · Married on 10/07/2012

Sarah was beyond wonderful. She came highly recommended by one of my sister's friends and I could not have been more pleased. She is very professional, she listens making everyone in the party’s vision come true – there was 14 of us - but provides her expertise to the situation. She is extremely personable too which made the morning smoothly and comfortable. I have since had Sarah do my make-up for another party I went to! Love her and the magic she makes!

Sent on 05/29/2013

Tracy · Married on 08/24/2012

I absolutely loved working with Sarah. She is incredibly talented and customized the look to what I wanted (even though I didn't give too much direction). She made my skin and makeup look flawless without having that over done look. I was complimented all night on how beautiful I looked and I know a lot of the credit should go to Sarah. She is not just amazingly talented, she is also extremely professional, responsive, easy-going, and a nice person to have with you as you are getting ready. Everyone was impressed and my Mom even scheduled a make up consult with her after the wedding to learn some tips! We loved her and recommend her to all brides! Great decision.

Sent on 09/23/2012

Sarah Giggar Makeup Artistry's reply:

Tracy Thank you so much!!

Rosanne · Married on 05/12/2012

Giggar Makeup Artistry (by Sarah!) was an absolute, absolute pleasure to work with. She did makeup for me and my bridal party on May 12, 2012. She traveled to the site and covered six of us (including even my Mom!) and absolutely everyone loved their makeup!

Sarah was so accessible, professional and knowledgeable from start to finish. She provided consultation in person, and as well by email and phone whenever I had a question.

Also, one of my favorite aspects of Sarah's business is that she wants her clients to build their beauty by working on healthy skincare-- it's not just about throwing some makeup on during the day of your wedding, it's about total preparation and understanding how to maximize the health of your skin so you've got a great natural canvas on the big day!

She gave me a full skincare consultation months before my wedding and recommended to me some awesome products I would never have tried otherwise (the Mia! and others), and also gave me some skincare 101 for how to deal with my acne medication and breakouts the month before my wedding (not easy with my skin!). I followed her advice, and my skin is currently in the best condition it's been in for a long, long time! She taught me not only how to prep for a wedding but how to have better skin for life!

Her replies by email were quick, thorough and helpful. She also recommended great makeup products and lip colors for me to try out to think about my "look" for the wedding. I ended up finding a new favorite lip color, and learning a little bit more about how to get the vibe of Joan from Mad Men (Christina Hendricks) -- that's who inspired my makeup!

We also had a trial run during which Sarah spent so much time with me and my Maid of Honor trying out different looks and making sure I got exactly the look I wanted -- and I got that and more on my wedding day :)

And, most important about the makeup -- it stayed on!!! It managed to look natural and dewey but did not smear or run the whole day (despite some pretty sweaty dancing at the reception and lots of tears the whole day.)

I can't say enough awesome things about Sarah. Her service is outstanding. A pleasure to work with -- she is professional, prompt, talented, thorough, and so sweet and easy going to be with on your wedding day!

-Rosanne

Sent on 05/17/2012

Sarah Giggar Makeup Artistry's reply:

Rosanne you rock! Thanks for the review!

Erica · Married on 11/12/2011

Sarah was one of the most important parts of my wedding - makeup has always been a passion and interest of mine and she makes your vision come true! Makeup was flawless and lasted well into the day after the wedding! Great pricing but, most of all THE BEST EXPERIENCE. Sarah is thoughtful, kind, creative, funny but, most of all talented! She knows exactly how to make you the most special and beautiful woman. Consider her for all of your beauty needs - I promise you won't regret it and you will be so thankful when you look back to your photos!

Sent on 12/17/2014

Dianna · Married on 10/01/2011

If your a bride who is looking for a woman who knows make-up and skin care then look no further. Sarah is incredible talented and gave me the perfect look for my big day and all of my bridesmaids could not have looked better. Even my mother and MIL loved it! She is a true artist and listens to what you want and gives great advice. Not to mention she is super fun to work with!! I highly recommend her!

Sent on 02/14/2012

Sarah Giggar Makeup Artistry's reply:

I'm so happy you were pleased, Dianna!!
  • Kate

Kate · Married on 09/17/2011

Sarah was FABULOUS! She did my makeup for both my engagement photos and my wedding (as well as my bridesmaids and my mom). We were all very happy with her and would reccomend her to anyone.

Sent on 07/30/2013

Tracee · Married on 08/12/2011

Sarah did my make up for both my engagement shoot and wedding. She made me look gorgeous both times!!!! Her knowledge and expertice made me look flawless without looking all made up. I highly recommend Sarah for your make-up needs!!!

Sent on 03/02/2012

Sarah Giggar Makeup Artistry's reply:

Thank you so much for the review!

Adrianna · Married on 05/29/2011

Sarah did amazing job on not only my make-up, but my maid of honor, all of my bridesmaides and my mother. Everyone looked absolutely beautiful and stunning and loved the way they looked. I have been recommending Sarah since she did my trial, and will continue to recommend her. I can't wait until I have another event to use her again! My sister has also said she will be calling Sarah as soon as she gets engaged!
    Not only did Sarah do an amazing job on my make-up, but she also worked with me to re-shape my eyebrows so that they were perfect for my wedding day. She also provided great advice and guidance for skin care so that my skin was flawless on my wedding day as well.

Overall, I was extremely happy with all the services provided by Sarah and look forward to working with her in the future.

Sent on 04/25/2012

Sarah Giggar Makeup Artistry's reply:

Thank you for such lovely words Adrianna!

Janelle · Married on 04/09/2011

Sarah Giggar of Giggar makeup artistry was an absolute pleasure to work with. She was extremely professional, punctual, and responsible. She listened to my concerns and gave her expert opinion. The result was flawless! I received compliments all night long. I was so impressed with Sarah and her work that I requested that she do my makeup not only for my bridal shower and wedding but for my maternity pictures and baby shower, which I also received numerous compliments on how great I looked. I HIGHLY recommend Sarah Giggar of Giggar Makeup Artistry to make you the most beautiful you for one of the most importent days of your life!!

Sent on 04/25/2012

Thank you Janelle!!

Sylvia · Married on 03/30/2010

Sarah is the best!!! The artistry that she adds...classy...gorgeous

Sent on 05/16/2013

Thanks Sylvia!

Jessica · Married on 05/24/2015

As someone who owns very little makeup apart from powder, eyeliner and mascara - I literally had no clue when it came to wedding makeup! I started to research it a bit and came across airbrush makeup. I wanted it to stay on all day, not rub off when I hugged people, and I loved the flawless look it gave. Sarah was one of the many makeup artists I spoke with, her prices were roughly the same as others but cheaper for bridesmaids - I didn't mind spending a little more for myself if my closest could save a little. Sarah was incredibly friendly and accommodating, she even recommended a hairstylist she works a lot with (I also had no clue for my hair either!). She also gave us some beauty tips on how to prepare our skin for the day etc etc.

The makeup itself was stunning! I love the Kate Middleton look, she looks flawless, yet natural at the same time. Sarah did an amazing job, not only on the wedding day but with the trial too! She literally got it perfect on her first go! It was great the morning of the wedding, she worked so quickly and we were well ahead of schedule! All of my bridesmaids absolutely loved their makeup, and they literally all looked stunning. She made us all look like movie stars - we loved it and can't thank her enough!!

Sent on 06/01/2015
  • Nikki

Nikki K. · Married on 09/22/2018

True Professional

When I began wedding planning, Sarah was the first person I reached out to. I had hired her previously for formal events and my friends had used her for their wedding days. Sarah truly listens to your feedback and works to create the look you want to achieve - even if you aren't quite sure what that is when you start. She can create a bold look or pull back for a more natural, subdued feel. Having Sarah be there on my wedding day was having another friend in the room rather than just a vendor I hired. I highly recommend her for quality work and a true professional.

Sent on 10/19/2018

Meredith · Married on 10/04/2014

Sarah is fantastic!! I booked her after a friend of mine used her for her wedding and looked amazing. She's a licensed esthetician and very skilled at what she does. She arrived early on wedding day, and got right to work. Her makeup skills are top notch- I have never felt more beautiful than I did on wedding day! Her brow and lashes skills are seriously amazing- everyone looked so beautiful!! My bridal party all had different makeup preferences, but she was able to accommodate all of them- some very natural, others more made up. Sarah is a total doll, but very professional, and expects the same out of her clients that she offers to them. She sticks to a strict timeline that is outlined in her initial contract to make sure all events run on time, requests that everyone getting her services shows up with their skin properly prepped. This was incredibly helpful in making sure that our day ran on time, as things always come up to delay the day. Thanks to Sarah, we were even ready to go early! I would highly recommend Sarah to anyone looking for bridal or special occasion makeup!

Sent on 10/15/2014

Cecilia · Married on 09/08/2018

3.0

Any bride would be happy with Sarah’s service - she is a consummate professional who makes you look beautiful on your day. She is timely , always appropriate and friendly as well as damn good at what she does. I marked her ‘flexibility’ as a less than 5 ONLY because a bride needs to realize that this a professional who books your time and honors that booking. She’s busy - so if you are unsure of your dates wait before you book! that being said, she handled the swap I had to make with my trial graciously. I used her after being referred by my now husbands friends wife and I am so happy I did. Myself and my bridesmaids looked natural (but better) and she was a calm presence the day of. I’d advice any friend to use her without hesitation.

Sent on 09/13/2018

Sarah Giggar Makeup Artistry's reply:

Cecilia thank you so much for recommending me! I so appreciate that you realize I do my best to accommodate cancelations and reschedules. As a one woman show with a very packed schedule, that can be tough. Thank you for being such a relaxed and fun bride! Xo

Jen C. · Married on 04/27/2018

Amazing experience!

Hi had the best experience with Sarah and her team! They did mine and my bridesmaids makeup for my wedding in CT at the Madison Beach Hotel. Sarah was easy to contact, friendly and accommodating. They made the morning getting ready fun and all of our makeup looked amazing!! Would highly recommend

Sent on 11/27/2018

Allie · Married on 09/02/2017

Sarah is extremely serious about her work. She was prompt and focused; got right down to business. Each of my girls got exactly what they wanted; we all felt absolutely stunning! Pure perfection for our wedding day.

Sent on 11/28/2017

Overall great service. Have had the pleasure of my makeup being done by Sarah first as a bridesmaid then hired her on for my wedding this past February. Very professional and patient. Works with every personality and skin type so well. Adjusted to lighting issues in the room. Thank you Sarah!

Sent on 07/29/2013