Santa Barbara Elopement Reviews

15 | Santa Barbara, CA

15 Reviews for Santa Barbara Elopement

15 Santa Barbara Elopement Reviews

Michelle · Married on 04/12/2018

Hiring a wedding coordinator was one of, if not, THE BEST decision we made during our wedding planning. From our first phone conversation to the day of our wedding, Shauna made us feel so relaxed and at ease about what can be a very stressful day! No one wants to be worried about where the flowers go or paying the vendors on the day of your wedding! Shauna took care of all these tedious details and much more so that we could focus on being present the day of. She was quick to reply, had answers for all of my questions, and she and her team were extremely organized the day of the ceremony. We received so many compliments about the flow of the day, and we owe it to Shauna. We are forever thankful for the most memorable day of our lives!

Don't think twice, get on board with this team NOW!

Emma · Married on 03/17/2018

Shauna was an absolute angel throughout the entire process. She was quick to respond, had wonderful ideas, and knew all the best vendors in Santa Barbara/Santa Ynez Valley. Our wedding was better than we envisioned and it was all due to Shauna's hard work and dedication. Our wedding was absolutely beautiful and the day was completely stress free. Thank you, Shauna!!

Geraldine · Married on 02/15/2018

The journey to my elopement was memorable to say the least. We are glad we chose Shauna to guide us during the delays & vendor switches due to SB related fires & mudslides. Humbled by the devastation, we still wanted our elopement to be special. With Shauna’s experience & guidance, the process was less bumpy & dramatic. She still found the right fit between the various vendors & us as her clients. We could not contain our love & appreciation during the day of the elopement. I trust that she worked her magic behind the scenes to make our day seamless. Wish it lasted longer - we enjoyed our day so much!

Erin · Married on 12/21/2017

We had such a wonderful experience working with Shauna and SBE. We live abroad and were flying to Santa Barbara for the wedding and began planning with about 8 weeks notice. I gave Shauna minimal direction and she would promptly send me ideas for vendors. If I changed my mind she was great about sending suggestions for how to implement it a new idea or a different vendor we should use. Shauna´s help was incredibly valuable and she was always a perfect blend of professional yet warm and friendly. It felt like I had a super organized and well-connected friend helping me! We were a bit nervous leading up to the wedding due to the Thomas Fire near Santa Barbara but Shauna kept us in the loop with an honest assessment of the situation and possible back up plans. The wedding was better than I could have ever imagined and I definitely couldn´t have planned for it on my own. I 100% recommend SBE!

Kat · Married on 09/16/2017

Shauna was both helpful and incredibly communicative on the day of the wedding. As fellow vendors, we are always thankful for a coordinator who is ahead of the game and great to be around - Shauna was absolutely on top of her game and made sure that the entire day went smoothly all awhile being incredibly approachable and kind - we really couldn't have asked for a better time working with her! Kat & Leo Evidente, The Gathering Season

• W

Whitney · Married on 08/24/2017

We came to Shauna with about two weeks’ notice, limited design direction, and a lot of overwhelm. I didn’t know if she’d be able to pull off an elopement in such a short amount of time, but our wedding day was even more wonderful than I could have imagined.

Between one phone call and a few emails, she was able to grasp our vision and pull together the perfect vendors to make it happen, all while working within our budget and tight timeframe. It was an absolute pleasure working with Shauna — her professionalism is off-the-charts, her communication is so clear, and her attention to every detail made us so comfortable.

Our wedding day was absolutely dreamy: the simple, beautiful, easy wedding day we were hoping for. She pulled together a local team complete with the officiant, photographer, donuts, and flowers and decor we wanted. And best of all, all we had to do was show up (we literally got massages and went out for a nice lunch earlier in the day.)

If you want a gorgeous ceremony that feels like *you* without the stress, don’t overthink it — just hire Santa Barbara Elopement! You’ll be so happy you did!

• Manuela

Manuela · Married on 07/20/2017

I cannot put into words just how amazing Shauna was at planning our wedding. The entire process was extremely stress free, including the day of! Not only does she have a sweet presence and is such a genuine person, so we're her venders: Anna J photography, Tracey, Jeff C. and Santa Barbara Trolley. What a great team. Thank you for making this day the most amazing day of our lives! I feel like I should be saying so much more...words cannot describe the happiness and ease we felt on our wedding and we owe it all to you Shauna. Best of everything. You're great at what you do!

Matt · Married on 03/23/2017

Shauna was fantastic in every conceivable way. From the very first moment we contacted her to the day after our wedding, she was there for my wife and I every step of the process. Shauna was completely professional, extremely responsive, well-connected with local vendors, and an all around pleasant person. We couldn't be happier with her service - it made the planning process worry-free and resulted in a picture-perfect wedding.

Planning a wedding is a complicated and potentially stressful endeavor, and reflecting back on our day, we realize there's was no way we could have done it without her. We were so thankful to have Shauna to guide us!!!

Heidi · Married on 11/25/2016

Here's my feedback I sent to our wedding planner Shauna two days after our intimate event: "On behalf of Phil and I, and all of our family and friends, I just want to tell how much we appreciate everything you did to help us create our dream wedding! Every single detail was more beautiful and creative that I could have imagined! You seemed to know exactly what I wanted and made it all happen for us - we will always appreciate just how hard you worked to make our day something we will never forget! I never had to worry about a single thing and you have made me cherish this whole experience even more for that reason. I never thought we could pull this off last minute, but you were like wonder woman and made it all a reality! Thank you, thank you from the bottom of our hearts!"

My husband and I had a great experience with Shauna and her team! I found Santa Barbara Elopement online when we started researching wedding venues. Shauna planned our intimate ceremony in 2 weeks and everything turned out perfect! The site was lovely - we chose Eucalyptus Bluffs and it was absolutely stunning this time of year! Shauna and Jacqueline suggested the best time for the photoshoot and the photos turned out to be absolutely breathtaking. Jeff, our officiant, performed a very personal and warm ceremony for us. Tracey made one of the most beautiful bouquets I have ever seen, and Amber provided us with a delightful two-tier cake. We are very happy and highly recommend this team!!

Katie · Married on 01/29/2016

We are from Northern California and knew nothing about Santa Barbara except it looked pretty. When it came to putting a wedding together there I had no idea where to start. After way to much research I finally stumbled on Santa Barbara elopment. So glad I did and I wish I would have sooner. They made it so easy.
    Shauna, where do I even begin? She completely saw my vision and created exactly what we were looking for. Her suggestions for our team were a PERFECT match. I felt like she was the best friend/maid of honor that every bride wants yet few actually get. She went above and beyond and seriously I will forever have a special place in my heart for her . I keep thinking what future event can I have that she can plan because it was just such a pleasure to work with her. Clearly at some point in the future we will renew our vows and we will have her plan our day! Big hugs high fives. We left part of our soul in this town. Our day absolutely breathtaking.
    Thank you for making this the best day ever.

Christina · Married on 10/29/2014

I searched high and low around the country looking for a place to elope. I came across Santa Barbara Elopements and was so impressed by the quality and beauty of the elopements that we decided to elope in Santa Barbara so we could have our elopement planned by Shauna (it didn't hurt that Santa Barbara is a beautiful place!)
    I am beyond happy we made that decision! Shauna was kind, organized, incredibly responsive (which is a big plus because I was on the other side of the country), and chose amazing vendors (flowers, cake, officiant, photographer). Our happiness was her focus. We didn't have to do anything except enjoy the moment!

Louise · Married on 08/09/2014

Myself and my new husband Josh, were absolutely thrilled and so happy with everything that Shauna Timmons did for us. First of all, right away I could tell how much Shauna loves her job, and she went over every detail and question I had. I felt so confident, as she walked me through the whole process, and as soon as I told her what I wanted, I didn’t have to do a thing, and my mind was at ease. Shauna kept in touch with me regularly up until the day of, always with such a kind and calm spirit. The day of my elopement, everything was perfect, and even better than I had dreamed: the location on the Bluffs, my hair, makeup, flowers, the officiant, the photographer. Every vendor that Shauna hired did an impeccable job, and everyone was also so kind and attentive. Shauna even made sure that a bottle of champagne was sent to my hotel room as I got ready. I felt so special, and I truly feel that the day went as smooth and magical as it did because of Shauna’s dedication and love for what she does. Thank you Shauna!!! I was so lucky to have found you to help with my wedding day/elopement in Santa Barbara

Suzanne · Married on 10/27/2017

Shauna was just what we were looking for! We were planning a small elopement in Santa Barbara and needed assistance coordinating the officiant, location, cake, hair and a general timeline. Shauna knew all the right people and helped us put together the perfect, low-key, beautiful elopement. Everything was perfect. I highly recommend working with Shauna and her team.

Santa Barbara Elopement 1
  • Lani

Lani · Married on 06/24/2017

4.2
      3.5

We decided to hire a wedding planner because my fiance really wanted to have our ceremony at the Ellwood Bluffs. The location is challenging to access for bringing up things like decoration and refreshments, and we didn't want our friends to have to set up or break down anything, so we contacted Santa Barbara Elopement.

Shauna got back to me almost immediately with a price list and she set up a phone consultation for the same day. She was very excited and interested in our "vision," though she was reticent about a ceremony of that size (40 people) at the Bluffs due to accessibility. We ultimately compromised on some issues, and then Shauna got to work right away.

I have to admit, there were moments when we asked ourselves if we really needed a planner, but the day of, we definitely reaped the benefits. Shauna's timeline was perfect and really helped us stay on task. Her vendor recommendations really came through and were wonderful to work with. Her team poured and served bubbly for 40 people that was ready when the recessional was over. They also broke down our entire ceremony while we were already off partying at the reception venue.

There were a couple of minor issues that I can't ignore. One, our friends did end up having to haul up most of the chairs and the coolers before the ceremony because the day-of planners were clearly not prepared for the amount of items we had. Two, one day-of planner took the wedding certificate from my MOH and then forgot to oversee the signing at the bluffs. She brought it by the reception, but our witnesses were a little drunk, so it was not properly completed. We are still working that out.

Overall, Shauna was attentive but not pushy. She basically let us take the lead in terms of timeline for decision-making and she helped us negotiate excellent vendors. If we hadn't had Shauna, I'm not sure we could have pulled it off. Our ceremony was amazing!