Sanibel Harbour Marriott Resort and Spa Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2017 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2016 Winner

• Brittany
    Brittany Getting married on 04/30/2022

Absolutely Perfect!!! The best experience we have ever had!!

I don’t think i could ever explain how PERFECT Sanibel Harbour was to and for us for our wedding last month!!! They exceeded EVERY expectation we had in every area. They are professional, yet kind, and willing to do WHATEVER necessary to ensure your wedding day & weekend is perfect for you. I felt like they were all family! They handled our huge, crazy destination wedding party (total of 80 people) with grace and patience!

Leia... Leia is a life saver. She was our event coordinator. She is amazing at what she does. She made my day as smooth and perfect as i could have ever imagined. She will do anything for you... even if it isn’t wedding related because that’s her personality!

I could honestly go on for days about how amazing Sanibel Harbour Marriott was to ya and our guests. DO NOT LOOK ANY FURTHER!!! THIS is your place. THIS is your venue. I promise you won’t regret it 😊
  • Kelsie
    Kelsie L. Married on 05/22/2021

Amazing!!!!!

Book. Your. Wedding. Here!!!! Just do it. Everything was amazing. Leia made the day absolutely perfect. The views were amazing, set up, food, drinks. Everything beyond perfect. Just do yourself a favor and have your wedding here. Best day ever because of Leia!!
    Lisa S. Married on 04/17/2021

Outstanding

We couldn't have picked a better place to remember ❤forever. Thank you again Best day Ever.
  • mmrand01
    Meghann Married on 10/10/2020

Absolutely perfect!!

The Sanibel Harbour Marriott was absolutely gorgeous and the perfect place to hold our destination wedding! We were married 10-10-20 and had just under 40 guests in attendance. Because of the COVID-19 pandemic, we worked directly with Leia, the Director of Catering, and Anne Marie, the General Manager. Both Leia and Anne Marie went above and beyond to address our every need and request. My in-laws unexpectedly were unable to attend the wedding because of COVID-19, and Anne Marie made sure to be available and FaceTimed my husband's parents before and during the ceremony, so that they were able to witness it live. My husband is also very into bourbon, Leia and Anne Marie made sure his favorite bourbon was served at our reception and even set up an infuser, that infused citrus flavors with his favorite bourbon. Throughout the planning process, Leia was very responsive to emails and made me feel like no question was too outlandish or crazy. With the COVID-19 pandemic, the hotel had strict cleaning procedures in place and required guests to wear masks while in public spaces. Our guests or ourselves never once felt unsafe during our stay at the hotel. We weren't able to fly down to taste and select our food beforehand, but the reception meal turned out to be absolutely delicious! We heard from several guests since, who have also raved about the meal. A champagne toast and cake provided by local bakery, LadyCakes, were also included in our reception package.

We worked with Marisa on our room reservation/room block. Some of our guests called the hotel directly due to issues with booking online, they were very complimentary of the reservations staff in booking their rooms. Some of our guests also booked after the room block deadline, but Marisa worked to make sure those rooms were counted towards our contracted number of rooms. Marisa and her staff also worked to hand out gift bags to our guests that we brought with us.

The hotel sits on 80+ acres; it gives the feel that you're on a resort in Mexico or the Dominican Republic, without leaving the United States. The beach we were married on sits on the far side of the property, allowing for privacy away from other hotel guests. We still ended up having some guests stop by to watch our nuptials, however, they were far enough away that it didn't feel like we had uninvited guests. Many restaurants and shops are about 10-20 minutes away, but that was what we were looking for in a venue, we didn't want a crowded location filled with traffic noise.

The Sanibel Harbour Marriott is the perfect venue if you're looking for a quiet beach wedding venue with gorgeous sunsets! The entire hotel staff go above and beyond to meet your needs. We definitely look forward to coming back to celebrate our anniversary!

Sanibel Harbour Marriott Resort and Spa's reply:

We loved having you and sharing your special day. Congratulations again!

~Anne Marie and Leia!
  • Beatriz
    Beatriz Married on 07/25/2020

Beautiful venue!

My husband and I got married at the Sanibel Harbor Resort on December 19th,2020. The staff was absolutely amazing specially Doug our wedding coordinator, he made the process so easy and smoothly, I have no words to thank all of you for making my dream come true, my wedding was spectacular, the food, the venue, the waitresses, the bar everything was perfect. Thank you so much for making this day so special, Thank you Doug and thank you to all the staff that made this day the best day of my life!!
  • Kayleigh
    Kayleigh Z. Married on 10/19/2019

Absolutely Amazing

I did a destination wedding on October 19 at Sanibel Harbour Marriott and I cannot say enough good things about the experience. I live in Michigan so I expected planning a destination wedding would be difficult but from day one the entire staff was incredible. Leia worked with me to plan what we needed and do room blocks for guests. Anything we needed we just made a call or sent an email and they got it done right away. When we arrived for the wedding every single staff member we encountered was so kind and accommodating. The morning of my wedding there was a tropical storm so they worked with me on exactly what I wanted for a backup plan if needed. Luckily the storm passed and I got to have my beach wedding, it was just very windy and they made sure everything was in place. The food, drinks and staff at the reception and the work and coordination by Leia and her staff were phenomenal. I got so many compliments on the food, some of the best food I have ever had. The wedding day could not have run more smoothly or been more perfect. Sanibel Harbour Marriott went above and beyond and exceeded my expectaions on all levels.
    Lisa L. Married on 09/21/2019

Great experience working with Sanibel Harbor Resort and their wedding coordinator

We had a great experience working with the resort to put rooms on hold and also working with their wedding coordinator. He was extremely helpful, friendly and accommodating to any changes we needed to make. The room was absolutely beautiful and we had a gorgeous sunset that came in through the window that was right behind our sweetheart table. All the guests commented after the wedding about how beautiful everything was. I was actually surprised how smoothly everything went all evening. It was even a great experience working with outside vendors, such as, the florist, photographer and DJ.
    Morgan Married on 05/31/2019

Location where we got married

Awesome staff, beautiful location so happy with outcome
    Pic of husband and I at Sanibel
    Ashley Married on 05/04/2019

Incredible Experience!

I had my wedding at Sanibel Harbour Marriott this weekend and am BEYOND pleased with how it turned out. Anne Marie made sure our entire event, start to finish, was seamless and perfect. The food and service was also incredible! I would highly recommend this venue for anyone looking for an amazing wedding experience.
  • ANNE
    Anne Married on 03/16/2019

A Perfect Beach Wedding

My wedding was more fabulous than I could have ever imagined and it was all because of Leia and this fabulous venue. The beach was perfect. The staff was amazing. We have a guest who attended that works at a high end golf course and he was blown away by the staff and the food quality. Everyone kept raving about the food. We had such a great time. What was even better is our guests who traveled really enjoyed the hotel as a vacation of their own and from the restaurants to the pool the staff and cleanliness was great. Photos posted are credited to Jamie Lee Photography
  • Allyson
    Allyson Married on 02/17/2019
    This is such a beautiful resort and the customer service.....Outstanding!! My fiancé and I had the best venue tour and we loved the time we spent enjoying the resort and all it has to offer. Our wedding will be hepat Sanibel Harbour Marriott in 6 months and we are so excited!
  • Barb
    Barb Married on 12/28/2018

Beautiful Venue for Intimate Family Wedding

The Sanibel Harbour Marriott Resort was the perfect venue for our small family and friends wedding. We all were able stay at the resort, have the wedding on Cove Beach on the waters edge, followed with a magnificent dinner reception (with a custom Boston Cream Cake) at the private dining room at the Courtside Steakhouse coordinated by Ken Newbold- also part of the hotel. The sales/catering team led by Leia Sobieralski was superb as they attended to everything we asked for. They even brought in more sand as a recent storm had washed some away - so it looked perfect and we had great weather too for a holiday gathering. I cannot say enough about the staff, the Spa, the nail, hair and makeup stylists too, as everyone participated in making this the best wedding and now a wonderful memory.
    Kelsey Married on 12/08/2018

Beach Wedding

I am so glad we had our wedding here! The venue is gorgeous, the staff was amazing, and the food was perfect! Also, the hotel coordinator (Kaitlyn Johnson) was phenomenal- she went above and beyond to ensure we had the perfect day. I would do it all over again in a heartbeat!
    Alyssa Married on 10/20/2018

Wow! Totally amazing.

I can’t get over how perfect our day was. This would not have been possible without the help of Leia Sobieralski and the Marriott team. From the moment we walked into the resort we fell in love. The large open windows and the island banquet room were exactly what we were looking for. We loved the privacy of the cove beach and it was stunningly beautiful and intimate. We had our rehearsal dinner on the Princess Cruise as well and it was the perfect setting for us and our guests. The yacht made it feel extra special for us and our guests too. Everyone loved the food on the cruise and during our reception. Also, we are a same-sex couple and we felt nothing but welcomed during the entire process here. Our guests have shared nothing but good memories and everyone had a blast! We ended up dancing for an extra hour because none of us wanted the day to end. If I could live a day over and over again it would be our Wedding day because of how amazing everything was here.
    Misty Married on 08/18/2018

We had the most beautiful wedding ever!

The staff of Sanibel Marriott was beyond amazing and went way above and beyond. We had Lea helping in every way possible and our event was high class, beautiful, romantic and sentimental.

Sanibel Harbour Marriott Resort and Spa's reply:

Simply Beautiful!!!

Thank you for your review and for sharing your wonderful memories with us, we wish you both all the best!
    Carrie Married on 06/12/2018
    These guys are AWESOME!!! They were SO accommodating! Kaitlyn was our event coordinator and I truly cannot say enough about her!! Her response time was never longer than 2 days, honestly there were Sunday evenings that I received emails from her! We were treated like royalty from the moment we stepped onto the resort. No request went unanswered. They upgraded us to the Presidential suite which is massive. We entertained about 25 people in there the night before our wedding. Marisa, the reservation manager was really great with giving us weekly updates on who had booked their rooms. We held our rehearsal dinner at the Tarpon House onsite and the service and the food were outstanding! There is also an onsite Spa and Salon and they were AMAZING!!! My friends and family were WOW'ed by the AWESOME make-up that Lindsey gave me and the AMAZING hair that Brianne styled for me.

The only thing I would suggest is to choose a dish other than the pork loin because it was very dry. The hors d oeuvres were really great though! It says a lot for Kaitlyn, Lindsey, and Brianne that even with a fairly disappointing main dish that I am still giving this venue 5/5 stars. You cannot go wrong with them. We can't wait to renew our vows and do it all over again! :-)

Thank you Kaitlyn for giving us the fairytale wedding that we had imagined in our dreams!
    Philip Married on 06/02/2018
    We want to thank Sanibel Harbor Marriott for making out of our wedding the most special day ever. Every single detail from the food to costumer service were beyond incredible. From day one, Courtney Kraft made us feel welcome and made the planning process stress free.

The Island Room where we had our reception had the most amazing sunset views ever. Everything was clean and organized. We also hosted cocktail hour at the Veranda and we only had but great comments from our guests on the great drinks and delicious hors d'oeuvres.
    Thank you again Marriott for going the extra mile on making our day magical. We will definitely come back for future events and weekend getaways!
    - Mr. and Mrs. Eyrich
    Logan Married on 05/06/2018
    The Sanibel Harbour Marriott is a perfect spot to bring your Wedding to! My wife and I, including each of our guests had a blast! Perfect Views! Beautiful ballrooms! Hosted our rehearsal dinner on the Princess Yacht, which made it extra special for our mostly out of state guestlist that doesn't get to enjoy the open water very often. Would highly recommend to anyone looking for a wedding venue.

Courtney was amazing to work with and made the process entirely stress free. She has a great staff around her and we did not have to worry about anything. She is Top Notch and will make your wedding extra special!!!
    Vida Married on 02/03/2018
    Kaylee and the staff at Sanibel Harbour Marriott Resort and Spa helped make my beach wedding a dream come true.
    Our wedding day was perfection and I cannot thank Kaylee and the entire staff enough.
    Every Marriott employee that we met, was very gracious, friendly, professional, accommodating, and efficient. After our sunset wedding ceremony on the beach, we had our reception on the Sanibel Harbour Princess Yacht. Everything was amazing. Cannot rave enough about the service, staff, decor, and food. We could not be happier. Thank you so much Kaylee and the entire hotel and yacht staff for making our wedding day unforgettable. We will be returning here often!!!
    Debbie Married on 06/23/2017
    From the moment we walked through the front door I fell in love with the resort. The setting is perfect for a beach wedding. Once I met with Courtney the wedding coordinator I knew it was the place for us. Our ceremony was on the beach and our reception in the Island Ballroom. I could not be more happy with the experience. I wish we could do it all over again! Our guests enjoyed every detail including the meals at the reception and welcome dinner. Thank you so much Courtney and the whole staff! We will be back again just to visit.
    Danielle Married on 04/08/2017
    My husband and I cannot say enough fabulous things about our wedding at the Sanibel Harbour Marriott last weekend! Our weekend affair was top notch from beginning to end. Courtney Kraft was amazing at helping us through the entire planning process (which took about 5 months) and the wedding weekend. We used the pool terrace Friday night for a private party with guests including a bar and appetizers. Our wedding Saturday took place at the Cove Beach, followed by cocktail hour on the Island Room Veranda, followed by our reception in the Island Room. Sunday we sent our guests home full from brunch held in a private room off the Tarpon House restaurant. Our guests couldn't stop commenting how beautiful the venue was, how great and friendly the staff, and how smoothly the entire weekend flowed by.
    I would highly recommend this venue for a wedding or party. My husband and I were treated like royalty! We can't wait to go back to celebrate our first anniversary.
    Patti Married on 02/18/2017
    Amazing place! Everyone went out of their way to help make this day so special.
    Courtney who was in charge of our wedding was awesome. She was always accommodating, patient and organized.
    Marisa who handled the assignment of rooms was also wonderful.
    The entire staff was accommodating and Courtious. Loved the atmosphere, very relaxing.
    Courtney Kraft was the best❤️
    Lindsay Married on 11/18/2016
    Courtney and everyone at Sanibel Harbour was amazing! We chose Sanibel Harbour based on photos and reviews having never been to the area and wanting to do a beach wedding. Planning a wedding from across the country seemed like a daunting task, yet they made it a breeze.

The goal for our wedding was to bring our families together not only to celebrate but also for a vacation. Sanibel delivered on both fronts!! From the valets to the pool staff and up to the managers, we were all treated well and felt taken care of.

On Thursday, Courtney helped us plan a cocktail and tapas pre-wedding reception at Charlie's Cabana. The food and service were exceptional.

The day of the wedding we held a brunch for all of our guests at Tarpon House. Our guests could not stop raving about the large breakfast buffet, amazing omelettes, and attentive service.

Our ceremony was held at Cove Beach. Courtney had everything planned and ready. Not one of our family members or guests had to do a thing or ask for a thing. She took care of everything! She made it so easy to focus on what truly mattered that day.

Our reception was a dinner at Courtside Steakhouse. Again, the service and food exceeded our expectations. Many guests commented that it was the best dining out experience they've ever had.

It was so refreshing to have Sanibel exceed our dreams in every way possible. We can't thank Courtney and the Sanibel staff enough for making it all possible! We highly recommend Sanibel for your wedding.
  • Anna518
    Anna Married on 08/05/2016
    We got married here on August 5, 2016. It couldn't have been more perfect. From start to finish, Courtney made every dream come true. We live in Indiana, so planning a destination wedding was stressful, but Courtney made it very easy. Major props to her and her team!

We used the Cove Beach for our ceremony and the Island Room for our reception. Everything was absolutely beautiful and exactly the way I had envisioned it. My guests couldn't stop talking about the resort and the wedding venue. Reception food was outstanding and the service was impeccable. I literally could not have asked for a more perfect day.

I HIGHLY recommend Courtney and her team at the Sanibel Harbour Marriott to anyone who is considering getting married in SW Florida. She made planning a wedding from 1600 miles away a breeze!