Sanctuary Camelback Mountain Resort & Spa Reviews

36 | Paradise Valley, AZ

36 Reviews for Sanctuary Camelback Mountain Resort & Spa

Blake · Married on 12/11/2019

The perfect honeymoon stay

My wife and I stayed here for four days following our wedding in the Scottsdale area for our "mini-moon" to kick off married life with some relaxation and alone time. We stayed in one of the spa villas. We couldn't be happier with our experience. First, the service was phenomenal, to the point where all the staff new us by Mr/Mrs even on our first day. Everyone was available and willing to make our experience better, from food, to drinks by the pool, to the spa, to room service, to bell desk. Second, the property and surrounding areas are beautiful. Third, the spa was a great experience--as part of our stay package, we got a significant amount of credit that gave us about a massage per day during our stay, and the folks at the spa were very good. Fourth, our villa was fantastic, including a great bed, tons of space, and a very nice outdoor bath that had candles lit by it as part of turndown service. We would highly recommend this resort anytime you are looking to have the best of comfort and service. We are already planning out return.

Sent on 11/29/2019
  • Wonnie

Wonnie Rhieu · Married on 10/05/2019

Best venue we could’ve hoped for

We love love loved this venue for our wedding! It provided the most spectacular views for our photos and the sunset there during cocktail hour was unreal. The team is also a joy to work with. Everyone from Robin in sales to the valet guys were so nice. We worked closely with Jessica, and she patiently and kindly answered all of our questions, was super helpful, and very responsive. Thank you Sanctuary, for making our wedding day magical!

Sent on 03/06/2020

Ben · Married on 05/12/2018

We could not have asked for a more perfect venue to host our wedding reception. We worked a lot with Leah and Jessica, who both were incredibly responsive and helpful (patient too!) for the months leading up to the big day. Jessica was there even on the day itself, with us every step of the way to make sure things were going the way we hoped, and they absolutely did. The food was excellent, the service was amazing, and they worked seamlessly with the vendors we had chosen because they had all worked together before - it was a well oiled machine. We felt very fortunate to have chosen Sanctuary for our celebration, and we couldn’t have been happier.

Sent on 05/28/2018

Caroline · Married on 09/30/2017

My husband and I got married at the Sanctuary a few days ago and could not have been more thrilled with this venue. The second i drove up, i knew that this is where we would be married. Not only were the grounds and views spectacular, but the people working there are incredible. From the friendly valet team, to the wedding set-up crew to the chef's team and servers, everything was top notch. Jessica, who i worked with on the coordination side, deserves special praise- she is a true professional. She is friendly and was on top of everything! She answered my questions do quickly and was a pleasure to work with. One of the main reason's why i chose the Sanctuary was for the food. I am a firm believer of "you get what you pay for" and this was no exception. The beef was phemonenal- and so many guests said it was the best wedding meal they had ever had. I can't wait to celebrate future anniversaries at this resort.

Sent on 10/04/2017

Jessica · Married on 03/24/2017

We only visited 2 venues when deciding who to book with for our wedding, and once we saw the Sanctuary we knew we found the perfect fit. It is the most beautiful setting from the ceremony space, to the cocktail hour balcony , to the reception ballroom , and there are stunning views of mountains everywhere you look. Every thing is landscaped to perfection and the entire property is clean and tidy. Beyond the obvious amazing views is the impeccable customer service. From the time I arrived the morning of the wedding to start getting ready to the time we left the morning after the wedding, the Sanctuary staff catered to our every need. Every member of the sanctuary staff was nice and helpful not only to us but to our families and guests. Our guests literally could not stop raving at how beautiful our venue was and how delicious the food was from cocktail hour to our late night snack. Multiple people commented that the dinner filet is the best steak they have ever had. Leah was a huge part in making our day go smoothly and as stress free as possible. Every need or request I had, she made sure happened promptly. On top of keeping things running smoothly, Leah helped me to get my nerves under control during those tense moment before walking down the aisle and I am so grateful she was there. You can not go wrong in booking the Sanctuary for your wedding and it is worth every single penny!

Sent on 03/28/2017

lorri · Married on 02/25/2017

We had our wedding here last week and it far exceeded our expectations. Leah was great to work with throughout the whole process, and was very accommodating and positive the whole time. She was very responsve and answered all our questions promptly. The venue was exactly what we were looking for- beautiful outdoor ceremony space, indoor reception space with gorgeous views and a wraparound patio with heat lamps for guests to take a break from the action. The food was great (which I find is always difficult with a large group) and the staff was very professional. We had ~115 people at our wedding and their Ballroom was a perfect fit, space wise.

Thank you Leah and team for making our wedding so memorable!

Sent on 02/25/2017

Sanctuary Camelback Mountain Resort & Spa's reply:

It was our pleasure Lori! It was so wonderful working with you both! Congratulations again!!!!

Shauna · Married on 01/07/2017

Our wedding day was amazing at Sanctuary. Brittany was very on top of everything from the rehearsal to the wedding day. She got everything set up perfectly and made sure that all of the vendors got everything set up in the right places and had the right materials.

Sent on 03/29/2017

Anna · Married on 11/19/2016

Our wedding at Sanctuary was everything we hoped it would be!!! Leah and Brittany were amazing to work with and we could not have picked a better place to have our wedding. No doubt. The views during our ceremony and cocktail hour were breathtaking! The food was amazing! We received so many compliments from our guests about the food and the great service provided during the reception. We had a great overall experience with the resort and all of the staff. If you choose Sanctuary for your venue you'll be so happy you did.

Sent on 12/17/2016

Alex · Married on 02/20/2016

The most beautiful setting and amazing service. Brittany was the best and the entire staff went out of their way to make sure our day was perfect - it was! I am so glad we decided to get married here.

Sent on 02/23/2017

Erin · Married on 11/15/2013

Everything about our wedding was perfect and better than I could have ever imagined and a lot of that can be attributed to the Sanctuary. Every single person on their staff is accommodating, professional, and nice. The venue is breathtaking and quite a treat, especially for out of town guests. The food is amazing and many levels above normal "wedding food". Most of all, though, is Lauren, the event/catering manager. She is incredibly helpful and responsive and made the entire planning process and day of run smoothly. She suggested the time schedule for the reception and that set the tone for the night- everything really was perfect. I highly recommend this venue...you will NOT be disappointed.

Sent on 12/08/2013
  • Margerie

Margerie · Married on 11/10/2013

We were married here and were treated like royalty. The staff was so friendly and attentive. From the valet to the front desk to the bellman, every single person we encountered were very accommodating. This resort is top notch and gorgeous! The views are spectacular and the Gallery house we stayed at was the perfect place for entertaining our wedding party the day of.

Sent on 11/11/2013
  • Lauren

Lauren · Married on 10/19/2013

I would highly recommend Sanctuary Resort to host an event or wedding. My husband and I had our wedding there in October and it was absolutely beautiful. Lauren, the wedding coordinator, did a fantastic job orchestrating and coordinating everything down to the last detail. The staff was fantastic and all my guests commented on how amazing the food tasted. The venue is absolutely beautiful and for us it was really important to chose a venue where the guests could stay on site. Sanctuary accommodated our requests for getting rooms for our guests. Everything went very smoothly with our wedding through the end of the night. Again, I would highly recommend this venue!

Sent on 01/13/2014

Cassandra · Married on 02/16/2013

Sanctuary Resort was everything I could have asked for in a wedding venue. We had a lot of out of town guests that were blown away by the views. Everything was executed perfectly with the help of their amazing coordinator Lauren. It was perfect for the intimate feel we were going for and is great for 150 guests or less, might feel too tight if you are looking to fit more guests. I would recommend it to anyone!

Sent on 10/10/2013

Amber · Married on 11/24/2012

The Santuary is truly a magical place to get married. Lauren and her staff went above and beyond to ensure that our day was beautiful and memorable.

Sent on 12/01/2012

The moment I saw the Sanctuary for the first time I knew it was perfect! Besides all of the obvious stuff (beautiful location, perfect ceremony site, amazing venue) Sanctuary really was a dream. From start to finish I really can not say enough wonderful things about this venue. Lauren Wickham, our Catering Manager was beyond amazing. She helped calm my nerves and she is a pro at what she does. Everything was beyond perfect. Near the end I think I either called or emailed Lauren twice a day and she always replied with a smile. Not only is she extremely professional but she is on top of her game. Every step of the way I was impressed. We had quite the extensive decor set up and her and her team handled everything. My bridesmaids and I got ready in their 'Vista' boardroom and this room is the perfect set up for getting ready. I was really blown away at how well everything worked out logistically. They really do have it set up perfectly for weddings. The service we received from everyone at the hotel was beyond perfection. On the day our our wedding I really did feel like a princess and I cannot thank Lauren and her team enough. If you want the most beautiful, elegant wedding with perfect service and seriously delicious food you've found it here. My guests are still talking about the food, the venue and the service. I work in the hotel industry myself, so as you can imagine I had certain expectations. I was blown away by the stellar organization and overall experience. After our reception we were treated to one of their 'Spa Casita' Rooms. Yup, this suite was gorgeous and I was really disappointed we had to fly out so early the next day! All in all it was the perfect day that my husband and I will never forget. Truly a dream come true! PS. The best part is you can go back for years to come! I can't wait to spend our anniversary there. The rooms, food and drink selection are AMAZING!

Sent on 11/30/2012

Jessica · Married on 12/10/2011

Everything was perfect here. From the moment we toured the grounds until our wedding night they took care of us and made sure everything we needed happened. The food was amazing!!! I don't think I have ever had such delicious food at a wedding.
    Their coordinator Lauren was awesome. She always replied to me promptly and made our wedding day run seamless.

Sent on 01/06/2012

Jackie · Married on 11/11/2011

Lauren, the catering manager is awesome to work with! She made our day absouletly amazing! Thank you so much!

Sent on 11/17/2011

Paige · Married on 06/25/2011

Most beautiful place to get married. Service and staff were amazing. The wedding team was perfect! Couldn't have asked for a better experience.

Sent on 08/08/2011

Conrad · Married on 06/18/2011

Working with this venue was an absolute pleasure and far exceeded our expectations. They go above and beyond to make it a memorable experience that you and your guests will talk about for quite some time after the wedding. We would recommend this venue without reservation and hold it in the highest regard.

Sent on 07/19/2011
  • Michelle

Michelle · Married on 05/29/2011

The Sanctuary is AMAZING. The views were great, the food was delicious, the wedding coordinators make the day go flawlessly, and the resort staff (from the concierge to the reception staff) was so friendly and professional. Worth every penny!

Sent on 06/14/2011

Angela · Married on 03/11/2011

I had my ceremony and reception at Sanctuary Camelback Mountain Resort and Victoria Michael was our wedding coordinator. Victoria was amazing and became a real friend through the entire process. She was so helpful through all of the planning aspects, providing their preferred vendors, working within our budget and helping me create the day I always dreamed of.

The day of the wedding was perfect. The Sanctuary provided an amazing atmosphere and beautiful views of the area. All of my guests were from the east coast and were just blown away at how beautiful it was at Sanctuary. The food was amazing, not your typical wedding banquet style food at all.

I gave victoria several things to set up, including picture frames from our grandparents and parents wedding, and several other items. When I walked into the room, it was just perfect. She had everything set up exactly the way I had pictured. Victoria has a way of making you feel like you don't need to worry and stress and that she will take care of everything.

This was my absolute perfect day and I can honestly say that I have no complaints.

Sent on 04/05/2011

jodi · Married on 10/22/2010

Victoria the wedding coordinator is wonderful, she does it all. I was really pleased to find out I didnt have to hire a day of wedding planner. Most of my friends who were married at other resorts had to. Also, at the Sanctuary, you are the only bride there, so all the attention is on you.

Sent on 04/28/2011

Catherine · Married on 08/06/2010

This resort is amazing.

Sent on 08/12/2010

Cori · Married on 05/08/2010

FANTASTIC!! The setting was beautiful, the views were stunning, the service was superb, the food was outstanding, the drinks were well-made :) and Victoria was absolutely amazing! I cannot say one bad thing about getting married at the Sanctuary. I do not think you can find a better value for an upscale wedding from any of the other Scottsdale resorts. Our guests still say how beautiful it was and how great the food was. You will NOT be disappointed! And your day will be completely worry-free with Victoria planning everything. The best!!

Sent on 11/22/2010

Katie · Married on 02/13/2010

I had an excellent experience with the Sanctuary. Victoria and the rest of the staff are great. The service the day of the wedding was amazing!!!!

Sent on 07/20/2010