San Diego Life Events Reviews

San Diego Life Events 6
San Diego Life Events 7
  • Andrea

Andrea Day · Married on 10/25/2019

Rachel is the Best Decision You'll Make Wedding Planning!

Our day of wedding coordinator, Rachel Weinshanker, was hands down the best decision we made when wedding planning. As a project manager and Type A personality, it was very important to me to plan all the details of my special day. I realized the need to have a professional execute the tasks and coordinate all the efforts on our wedding day. From the beginning, Rachel has been thorough in learning all the details of our wedding. She created our master timeline and used her professional experience changing some things around. During our ceremony rehearsal, she was so detailed in how we stood at the altar and recommended things that would look good in our photographs. On our wedding day, she was calm, cheerful and always had a smile on her face. She set up our wedding decor flawlessly and exactly how I envisioned. During the dinner service, we noticed that our catering company was serving the wrong entree and I was very upset. She calmed me down and got to the bottom of what had happened faster than the catering company itself. I will forever be grateful for how she handled that stressful situation and prevented me from going into full melt down mode. Rachel is a true gem and I couldn't have asked for a better person to trust on my wedding day. Thank you Rachel!!

Sent on 10/31/2019
    San Diego Life Events 8

Jessica · Married on 10/18/2019

Amanda contacted us to do a styled photo shoot and we were delighted to help. She showed us what she had in mind for the shoot and while I wasn’t sure we would fit the image of her vision, she surprised me! She had the most amazing location set up with incredible pieces for the set. It was colorful and moody, right down to the smallest detail. She had us dressed up in some beautiful clothing and I felt like a rockstar thanks to the talented makeup artist and photographer she arranged to be there. Amanda was accommodating to our schedule and made us feel comfortable the whole time. We definitely reccomend Amanda to anyone getting married!

Sent on 08/13/2018
  • Sierra

Sierra · Married on 09/21/2019

Rachel is Amazing!

Rachel made all of our wedding day dreams come true! She put all the details together for us and kept everything organized. She was professional, friendly, and accommodating. She never let me feel stressed or worried about everything and the day went seamlessly. I cannot recommend her service enough.

Sent on 09/25/2019

Amanda G · Married on 02/09/2019

Hire Rachel as your Coordinator!!!

RACHEL IS WORTH THE MONEY DON'T THINK ABOUT IT JUST HIRE HER!!!!! I wasn't sure at first when our venue told us we needed to hire a Day Of Coordinator. I thought it was a scam or waste of money but BOY WAS I WRONG. Hiring Rachel and her team was by far the best investment for my wedding and cost less than the DJ, cost less than my photographer (and I wish I went with Rachel's recommendation on this one) and also less than our flowers. She always replied to my email and texts quickly no matter when it was or how crazy I was being and always very supportive, and she and her assistant were EVERYWHERE on my day. I don't know what kind of magical powers they have but everything just worked thanks to them. Rachel is so funny and sweet, my husband and I felt very comfortable with her and our guests liked her, too! Don't go super cheapo, you can afford Rachel for your wedding and not just for the money but also the piece of mind.

Sent on 08/18/2019

Holly · Married on 07/15/2018

Super reasonable and she is on top of everything! Worth every penny and would highly recommend her and will use her for any future events now that we are married.

Sent on 07/27/2018

Michelle · Married on 06/16/2018

I had the pleasure of getting to work with Rachel 4 months prior to my wedding. She came to the rescue every time I started to have a bit of anxiety planning for the wedding. I reached out to her when there were many questions that came up while planning in which I had no idea how to answer or know where to begin to research. She calmed my nerves multiple times throughout the wedding planning process and she always responded via text or email very enthusiastically, quickly, and reassuringly with more advice than what I would have expected. I must thank her for providing over half of the vendors and services at my wedding which is why and how my wedding turned out not just beautifully but, beyond what I even imagined. From the florist, to the deserts, to the linen/rental and to the smallest details of signs/decor, I owe a lot to Rachel for helping make everything come to life. All vendors she recommended were very cost efficient, friendly and did their job well with enthusiasm just like her :-) She also provided all 12 of my table center pieces, my sweetheart table mr/mrs. sign and came to the rescue with a back up ceremony aisle runway as the rental company forgot my runway!

Not only is Rachel an amazingly organized and friendly coordinator, but she's FUN and all of my guests were raving about her! I along with all 115 guests recommend her as all of our guests came to know her throughout the night. Rachel helped make the best party of my life one to always remember and I can say so with my utmost enthusiasm. Please contact Rachel if you wish to be taken care of and have a beautiful and fun-filled wedding day!

Sent on 06/26/2018
    San Diego Life Events 9
    San Diego Life Events 10
    San Diego Life Events 11
    San Diego Life Events 12

Christine · Married on 01/13/2018

Hi everyone, my name is Christy and my husband I had the lovely experience of working with Rachel for our wedding at BRICK in San Diego.

As the story goes, my husband and I booked our venue, and were hoping to find a coordinator who could take our remaining budget and plan/coordinate the rest of our big day. Through the power of the interwebs, we were able to find Rachel and the San Diego Life Events team :)

From the start, Rachel was super amazing to work with. She was quick to respond, and super patient and kind with all my questions (I plan events for a living, so it was kind of hard to relinquish that responsibility to someone else, lol).

Rachel was the perfect fit for us. Prior the wedding, Rachel was incredibly responsive and super duper solution oriented. I felt like she understood my vision of a sweet, simple, and fun celebration and brought it to life. When the day came, everything ran smoothly- her team came to assist, and they kept the day running smoothly! We also loved all the vendors she chose- the rentals were lovely, the photographer was amazing, the DJ kept the party going, the bartender was sweet, the florals were fantastic, and the catering company was awesome! Note-- she even worked with the catering company to make our dream Filipino menu (complete with pig) happen.

Thank you so so much to Rachel and the team at San Diego Life Events for such an incredible day!

Sent on 03/30/2018
    San Diego Life Events 13

Laura · Married on 12/29/2017

I first met Rachel last year at my sister’s wedding. Her wedding went absolutely seamlessly and so I knew when the time came for me to plan a wedding that I’d reach out to Rachel and San Diego Life Events. One of the first things my now husband and I did after we got engaged was call Rachel to start tackling the wedding planning. We met Rachel at her office and went through what exactly we were looking for as far as style, venue, price, etc. Rachel offers an all inclusive package that includes about 90% of all your total wedding expenses (venue, party rentals, DJ, floral, cake, officiant, etc.). So we chose to go with the all inclusive package. We ultimately chose to go with The New Children’s Museum as our wedding venue. We absolutely loved our wedding at the museum but they did have a strict required vendors list we had to stick to which really inflated our budget. Rachel did an AMAZING job to keep us as close to budget as possible. I’m also an incredibly anxious worry wort, so I was emailing and texting Rachel almost weekly to go over this and that, asking her questions. She was always so helpful and happy and got back to me ASAP. Rachel was truly priceless during the planning phase however absolutely essential and necessary the day of. She coordinated the drop off and set up with all of the vendors, set up all of the table decor, kept the whole wedding party on schedule, and did all of the take down. I truly couldn’t have done it without her! Rachel and San Diego Life Events were great and worth every penny

Sent on 12/31/2017

Paloma · Married on 12/23/2017

Rachel and her staff are wedding angels.They did such a wonderful job coordinating the day of our wedding, if it weren't for them I wouldn't of enjoyed my wedding I would have been very stressed out. She was very affordable as well you get to people for the day and she does the wedding rehearsal as well . She's really good at what she does and very professional and has an amazing and beautiful personality. Thank so much Rachel from the bottom of my heart on making my wedding go smoothly.

Sent on 01/18/2018

San Diego Life Events's reply:

Paloma,

Thank you for your kind words and for allowing us to be part of your family for a day! We loved being your Wedding Angels, you made it so easy for us :) Congratulations again to you and Matthew!

Rachel

Toni · Married on 12/20/2017

more than 5 stars!!! thank you so much rachel and san diego life event team for making our wedding dream come true!!! i cannot say or translate how much thankful we are for your effort, planning, behind the scenes work, thoughts and hard work from ceremony to reception everything turned out perfect!!! i dont know how you do it but your expertise is incredible!!! i am so happy and blessed to have you as my wedding coordinator and to ms tegan thank you for being an amazing partner of rachel!!! you are a great asset in the team. san diego life event youre awesome !!!! we love you!!! *hugs, kiss, hugs, kiss!!! love you rachel and tegan!!!

Sent on 12/21/2017

Jillian · Married on 10/07/2017

Rachel and her team were our awesome day-of coordinators for our wedding this October. I was a pretty hands on bride and had done most of the planning myself, but as I started to think about "herding the kittens" on the day of the wedding, I began contemplating hiring a day-of coordinator. A well meaning friend said "you don't need to hire a coordinator! You've got all your girls to help out!" (Yes, but then someone still needs to direct traffic, assign tasks, etcetera!) All I can say is that ignoring that friend and hiring Rachel was the best decision I made for our Big Day!! Rachel handled everrrrrything:
    *Decorated and set up the venue and carried out my vision PERFECTLY
    *Met the vendors for set up in the beginning and clean up in the end
    *Coordinated with the venue to make sure they played certain songs at requested times (we didn't have a DJ)
    *Kept the timeline running seamlessly, and checked in with me periodically to give me timing options
    *Prompted our announcer when it was time to announce each portion of the evening
    *Made sure I had a prosecco when needed (very important)
    *Took the initiative to move décor when needed
    *Made sure our gifts, cards, and décor made it to our room upstairs
    I'm pretty sure I'm forgetting about 10 other things, but needless to say, we didn't have to worry about a thing. My husband commented later that he was pretty surprised that he was able to just show up and enjoy the night and not have to do anything. (He was also impressed by the very detailed questionnaire that she sent during the planning stage, and felt relieved that she "seems to have thought of everything!") Rachel is also extremely friendly, professional, and had the best response time of any coordinator I was considering/interviewing.
    If you're wondering if you really need a coordinator, you do. Look no further, hire this awesome team!!

Sent on 11/14/2017
    San Diego Life Events 14
    San Diego Life Events 15
    San Diego Life Events 16
    San Diego Life Events 17

San Diego Life Events's reply:

Jillian,

I loved working with you and we had a blast on your wedding day! Thank you for trusting us to execute your vision for your dream day.. it was beyond perfect!

Rachel

Amy · Married on 04/08/2017

I met Ms Rachel "The Redhead" by total random at a mutual friends gathering and was completely enthralled by her enthusiasm and overall cheerfulness. After getting to know her, I decided to hirer her to help coordinate and set my wedding. I mean, third times a charm and I mind as well do it right this time ya know! ( Prior military so that may explain the past two) Anyways, Rachel helped me pick out some venues (beaches because, well SAN DIEGO), flower/decorations and caterers. She was super helpful and compassionate, which is what I really needed once I had to call off the wedding due to my fiancé cheating. Even with my heartache and cancellation of wedding, she stayed by my side and helped me cancel everything and actually managed to put a smile to my face a few times. I greatly recommend her for any party planning, and I plan on using her again to plan my daughters Golden Birthday this December.

Sent on 09/09/2017

Sue · Married on 03/18/2017

In the Spring, I attended a friend from works daughter’s wedding. I was unsure why my friend had been talking so much about San Diego Life Events and the Wedding Planner, Rachel. She referred to Rachel as “Red”. She repeatedly told us how Rachel was wonderful to work with and how Rachel was taking care of everything. I was quite amazed when I attended that my type “A” friend and her demanding daughter were as cool as cucumbers. I watched Rachel, my friend and her daughter during the entire event in wonder….
    I approached Rachel at the end of the event and asked her for her card and if she could work with me on a Surprise 50th Birthday Party for my husband. Very graciously she stayed of course. I was so impressed the way Rachel coordinated my husband’s surprise party. Not only was he surprised which was incredible, but my guests were all wowed. Rachel made sure all of the details were handled from his favorite type of music, to the food and even the photographer, this gave me piece of mind to ALSO enjoy the party. I highly recommend her Rachel “The Red” and her company, San Diego Life Events, for your Party events!!!

Sent on 09/08/2017

Haley · Married on 10/14/2016

Wonderful experience with San Diego Life Events :) My cousin is my best friend, so I wanted to make sure everything went perfectly and smoothly, and it did! I have never seen her so happy! She also could not stop raving about Rachel and her amazing work. Rachel is a very fun and friendly person overall, she always had a smile on her face. Definitely top professionals! I would recommend to anyone!

Sent on 08/15/2017

Mary · Married on 09/16/2016

Rachel at San Diego Life Events was absolutely amazing! She was my wedding coordinator and day of coordinator for my wedding last September. Let me just say, hiring Rachel was the best money we spent on our wedding! We loved her so much, my sister hired her for her December 2017 wedding! ----More INFO--- I was a little skeptical at first since I thought I could do everything DIY and just yelp all vendors. I was wrong! It was super overwhelming and I felt so lost in all the information. I received a recommendation from from a friend to check out San Diego Life Events (specifically Rachel) so I set up a consultation immediately. The meeting went great and both my husband and I were super impressed with their connections, vendors, previous work, and professionalism. We hired Rachel that day! She worked with us to establish a budget immediately(which was important to us) and get us on a timeline on when to schedule what. Throughout the planning process, we would talk on a weekly basis via email and then more formally about every 2 weeks to discuss what we were looking for regarding the vendors and wedding style, the overall progress, upcoming things that needed to be planned, and any issues we were having. She recommended great vendors and we ended up hiring almost all of them. Rachel was present for the rehearsal at the ceremony site and walked my whole wedding party through the events. After the rehearsal, she got to work! She coordinated ALL the receiving of wedding materials (tables, chairs, linens, food, DJ, photographer, videographer, baker, florist, etc..) and setting up of the venue. What a HUGE relief! Day of the wedding, she was awesome. She arrived early to ensure everything went smoothly and perfectly. She worked well with all vendors and took charge of everything! Thanks for all your hard work Rachel! You were absolutely wonderful!

Sent on 08/14/2017

Nick · Married on 09/16/2016

Rachel was the coordinator for my wedding and recently my sister in laws wedding. My family and I couldn't be more happy with her ability to plan and organize these two special occasions. From start to finish she was very professional, flexible, and helped to create forever lasting memories without any problems. We couldn't be more thankful for everything she did for my family and I's special days.

Sent on 12/31/2017

codi · Married on 08/06/2016

San Diego Life Events can be described in one word, AMAZING. My sister's wedding was a blast, thanks to San Diego Life Events. Their coordination was excellent. Their decor, awesome. I couldn't help but ask my sister how much she paid for such classy services and to my greatest surprise, it was affordable. I noticed a particular friendly lady in the team by the name Rachel. Her patience when some guests became rowdy was a true reflection of the company's brand. Awesome people!! I will totally recommend.

Sent on 08/19/2016

Rachel is Amazing!

I was so worried to hand all the details over to another coordinator with a difficult venue and a short amount of time to set up. When I met Rachel and her team I knew I didn't have to worry. She was able to keep a large bridal party (16 people) in line and organized the rehearsal nicely. She organized the reception room and cocktail hour exactly how I wanted and I only pointed and provided limited details. Whenever I thought about something during the wedding, Rachel was one step ahead! Do yourself a favor and hire Rachel. She really understands the details and cares. You will not be disappointed!

Sent on 07/09/2019
    San Diego Life Events 18
    San Diego Life Events 19
    San Diego Life Events 20
    San Diego Life Events 21

Ashley · Married on 06/22/0019

Extremely Attentive and Professional!

Rachel went above and beyond to make sure my sister's wedding was flawless. Deciding to hire her was the best choice and her attention to detail is amazing! Whenever something crossed my mind, she was always two steps ahead. During the planning process, she made sure to keep me in line with deadlines so that things never fell through the cracks. We had a large bridal party and Rachel kept everyone in line and organized. The wedding was at Birch Aquarium with a lot of rules and regulations. Rachel made everything a breeze! When our florist fell short with the sweetheart table, she got creative and jumped in to fix the situation. Rachel is worth every penny, do yourself a favor and hire her as your coordinator!

Sent on 06/24/2019

Paul · Married on 01/06/2018

We can highly recommend “San Diego Life Events” to plan and coordinate any event you may have, from day one Rachel was committed and a wonderful resource leading up to our wedding
    We found Rachel and her team to be so attentive & proactive it made a our wedding calm and fun filled, we can’t thank them enough.
    Paul & Morgan