San Diego Life Events Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2019 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2018 Winner

• User4567013 Recently married

Rachel is Amazing!

I was so worried to hand all the details over to another coordinator with a difficult venue and a short amount of time to set up. When I met Rachel and her team I knew I didn't have to worry. She was able to keep a large bridal party (16 people) in line and organized the rehearsal nicely. She organized the reception room and cocktail hour exactly how I wanted and I only pointed and provided limited details. Whenever I thought about something during the wedding, Rachel was one step ahead! Do yourself a favor and hire Rachel. She really understands the details and cares. You will not be disappointed!
    Patty S. Married on 12/10/2021

I'm so happy

This is so overdue I'm so sorry Rachel but I have to tell everyone how happy I am that I chose Rachel as my planner. I almost went with someone else but something told me to do one more look. I'm so glad I did because Rachel was the reason we feel our wedding went so perfectly!!! We hired a few vendors before we hired Rachel and one of them was not great. Rachel noticed a few off things in their contract and was even able to help us negotiate getting out of it when we realized what was happening. We definitely would have ended up in a bad situation so thank god for her. At the rehearsal and the actual wedding, Rachel was always smiling positive upbeat, my bridal party and my guests loved her. (Like really loved her lol) and she went above and beyond for my partner and I. She kept checking in with us and our vendors, made sure we had what we needed and that we were happy. We were beyond happy, thrilled, amazed, any other word you can think of that's how we felt on our wedding day, and huge thanks to Rachel for that. We could not have pictured anything better. Hire Rachel trust me. You'll be so glad you did.
  • Charlene
    Charlene A. Married on 10/31/2021

Rachel is an expert!

Our daughter's wedding really couldn't have been any better - and Rachel was largely responsible for how well-run the entire afternoon was. She was simply wonderful in every way, and we are so grateful that we could rely on her to manage every single detail. She is a gem, and her next clients are very lucky to have her!
  • illustration stars

Are you interested?

Send a message
  • Alicia
    Alicia M. Married on 09/18/2021
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Excellent Wedding Planner in San Diego!

We couldn't be more thankful to have Rachel help us get ready for our special day and handle every detail on the day of! My entire bridal party was impressed by how well she organized everything, kept us on time, and all with a big smile on her face. Rachel was attentive and made sure we had everything WE wanted on our big day and literally took off so much stress from our plates. 100% we would recommend San Diego Life Events to anyone looking for help on their big day!
  • Chelsea
    Chelsea N. Married on 06/18/2021

Above and Beyond!!!

My fiancée and I have been working with Rachel for over a year planning for our wedding, but due to COVID, we had to postpone our wedding from October to June 2021. From the first time we spoke to Rachel for our consultation, we knew we were in good hands. Rachel constantly goes above and beyond for her clients - she is very professional and truly cares about the success of your wedding or event. We are so looking forward to our wedding day, because we know Rachel will be on top of everything - what a relief for us!
  • Bailey
    Bailey W. Married on 04/18/2021

Thank you Rachel!

Rachel at San Diego Life Events was on point! She kept our large bridal party's attention during the rehearsal and made sure everyone knew what they needed to do. She had a solution to every problem that we encountered on our wedding day and handled things with authority and grace. I'm so glad we chose her to be our day of coordinator! Thank you Rachel!
    Paul L. Married on 11/30/2019

Rachel is amazing!

San Diego Life Events was hired as our Day of Wedding Coordinator. We hired Rachel three months prior to our wedding and throughout the time before our wedding, she stayed in contact and answered any questions we had. She organized our wedding rehearsal and everyone loved her! Our wedding day was amazing! Rachel's assistant ended up not being there to help, however, Rachel handled every issue and everything still went really smoothly! We would definitely recommend San Diego Life Events for your wedding!
  • Megan
    Megan R. Married on 10/26/2019

Amazing Wedding Planner!

Hiring San Diego Life Events made my wedding day unforgettable and as stress free as possible! I was recommended Rachel by a friend who knew I was struggling and overwhelmed by trying to plan everything for my wedding. My husband and I were on a budget and most wedding venues did not take us seriously. Rachel took our budget and created our dream wedding (we chose the all inclusive planning package which relieved a lot of stress from my husband and me). Our payments were easy and affordable for us, and she didn't go over our budget unless we asked for specific add ons (which she was more than happy to provide for us). She was extremely available to us, always getting back to our emails the same day (usually within a couple hours) and helping to keep our nerves at ease during the entire planning process. And she always made sure that we were keeping to our wedding planning time line. The day of our wedding Rachel was on top of everything! Any problem or issue that arose, she quickly solved it without having to worry us. She kept us on time for our wedding schedule without being bossy. And her vendors were professional and took care of us as well (like recreating the exact bouquet and wedding cake design we wanted). She really took care of us and treated us like family, she genuinely wanted our day to be perfect and did everything she could to get us there. Both my husband and I absolutely 100% recommend San Diego Life Events for your wedding!
  • Andrea
    Andrea D. Married on 10/25/2019
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Rachel is the Best Decision You'll Make Wedding Planning!

Our day of wedding coordinator, Rachel Weinshanker, was hands down the best decision we made when wedding planning. As a project manager and Type A personality, it was very important to me to plan all the details of my special day. I realized the need to have a professional execute the tasks and coordinate all the efforts on our wedding day. From the beginning, Rachel has been thorough in learning all the details of our wedding. She created our master timeline and used her professional experience changing some things around. During our ceremony rehearsal, she was so detailed in how we stood at the altar and recommended things that would look good in our photographs. On our wedding day, she was calm, cheerful and always had a smile on her face. She set up our wedding decor flawlessly and exactly how I envisioned. During the dinner service, we noticed that our catering company was serving the wrong entree and I was very upset. She calmed me down and got to the bottom of what had happened faster than the catering company itself. I will forever be grateful for how she handled that stressful situation and prevented me from going into full melt down mode. Rachel is a true gem and I couldn't have asked for a better person to trust on my wedding day. Thank you Rachel!!
    Jessica Married on 10/18/2019
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Amanda contacted us to do a styled photo shoot and we were delighted to help. She showed us what she had in mind for the shoot and while I wasn’t sure we would fit the image of her vision, she surprised me! She had the most amazing location set up with incredible pieces for the set. It was colorful and moody, right down to the smallest detail. She had us dressed up in some beautiful clothing and I felt like a rockstar thanks to the talented makeup artist and photographer she arranged to be there. Amanda was accommodating to our schedule and made us feel comfortable the whole time. We definitely reccomend Amanda to anyone getting married!
  • Sierra
    Sierra Married on 09/21/2019

Rachel is Amazing!

Rachel made all of our wedding day dreams come true! She put all the details together for us and kept everything organized. She was professional, friendly, and accommodating. She never let me feel stressed or worried about everything and the day went seamlessly. I cannot recommend her service enough.
    Cynthia P. Married on 09/07/2019

Perfect Destination Wedding

This review is long past due!

Rachel is extremely receptive and always responded in a timely manner. She went above and beyond with any questions I had. She is truly the one stop shop for all your wedding planning needs. She knows all the local spots, when we came to town to see the venues and our dog needed emergency grooming she was able to point us in the right direction. The vendors she works with were extremely friendly and reasonable. She made what seemed to be a chaotic schedule seamless and enjoyable and I would recommend her to all my friends and family. Thanks again for the perfect experience!
  • Jenny
    Jenny Married on 05/26/2019
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Rachel anticipates and looks for issues that can come up!

I wanted something simple, but simple often means lots of behind the scenes... and Rachel made that happen! Not only that, but she and her team saved our day—multiple times! It never rains in San Diego, or so we thought! 24 hours before our wedding we had to hire a vendor to set up a last minute tent so we could still enjoy the day outside. There were issues with communications between that vendor and our venue that could have wrecked the day, but Rachel stepped in (more like ran in!) and made sure it was done right. Not just right, but perfect! This is one of the many saves that I know about, though I’m sure there were many, many more. She’s extremely professional, easy to communicate with, and takes your day very seriously. I’m so glad she was there for us. My only regret- that I didn’t hire her for more help (she did day of coordinating) that weekend.
    Amanda Married on 02/09/2019
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Hire Rachel as your Coordinator!!!

RACHEL IS WORTH THE MONEY DON'T THINK ABOUT IT JUST HIRE HER!!!!! I wasn't sure at first when our venue told us we needed to hire a Day Of Coordinator. I thought it was a scam or waste of money but BOY WAS I WRONG. Hiring Rachel and her team was by far the best investment for my wedding and cost less than the DJ, cost less than my photographer (and I wish I went with Rachel's recommendation on this one) and also less than our flowers. She always replied to my email and texts quickly no matter when it was or how crazy I was being and always very supportive, and she and her assistant were EVERYWHERE on my day. I don't know what kind of magical powers they have but everything just worked thanks to them. Rachel is so funny and sweet, my husband and I felt very comfortable with her and our guests liked her, too! Don't go super cheapo, you can afford Rachel for your wedding and not just for the money but also the piece of mind.
    Holly Married on 07/15/2018
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Super reasonable and she is on top of everything! Worth every penny and would highly recommend her and will use her for any future events now that we are married.
    Michelle Married on 06/16/2018
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    I had the pleasure of getting to work with Rachel 4 months prior to my wedding. She came to the rescue every time I started to have a bit of anxiety planning for the wedding. I reached out to her when there were many questions that came up while planning in which I had no idea how to answer or know where to begin to research. She calmed my nerves multiple times throughout the wedding planning process and she always responded via text or email very enthusiastically, quickly, and reassuringly with more advice than what I would have expected. I must thank her for providing over half of the vendors and services at my wedding which is why and how my wedding turned out not just beautifully but, beyond what I even imagined. From the florist, to the deserts, to the linen/rental and to the smallest details of signs/decor, I owe a lot to Rachel for helping make everything come to life. All vendors she recommended were very cost efficient, friendly and did their job well with enthusiasm just like her :-) She also provided all 12 of my table center pieces, my sweetheart table mr/mrs. sign and came to the rescue with a back up ceremony aisle runway as the rental company forgot my runway!

Not only is Rachel an amazingly organized and friendly coordinator, but she's FUN and all of my guests were raving about her! I along with all 115 guests recommend her as all of our guests came to know her throughout the night. Rachel helped make the best party of my life one to always remember and I can say so with my utmost enthusiasm. Please contact Rachel if you wish to be taken care of and have a beautiful and fun-filled wedding day!
    Thaddeus W. Married on 05/04/2018
      5.0 out of 5 rating

San Diego Life Events For Life!

From the rehearsal dinner all the way to the reception Rachel was with us every step of the way and made the process seamless. Any questions my wife and I had were answered same day and she made us feel like family. She is very knowledgeable of all the best local vendors and I could not be any happier we chose her services. I highly recommend her for anyone in the SoCal area that wants their special day to be one they will never forget. Thanks again Rachel, Kathy and I love you and will always be the first to recommend you to others in search of a wedding planner. We wish you the best in your future endeavors!
    Christine Married on 01/13/2018
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Hi everyone, my name is Christy and my husband I had the lovely experience of working with Rachel for our wedding at BRICK in San Diego.

As the story goes, my husband and I booked our venue, and were hoping to find a coordinator who could take our remaining budget and plan/coordinate the rest of our big day. Through the power of the interwebs, we were able to find Rachel and the San Diego Life Events team :)

From the start, Rachel was super amazing to work with. She was quick to respond, and super patient and kind with all my questions (I plan events for a living, so it was kind of hard to relinquish that responsibility to someone else, lol).

Rachel was the perfect fit for us. Prior the wedding, Rachel was incredibly responsive and super duper solution oriented. I felt like she understood my vision of a sweet, simple, and fun celebration and brought it to life. When the day came, everything ran smoothly- her team came to assist, and they kept the day running smoothly! We also loved all the vendors she chose- the rentals were lovely, the photographer was amazing, the DJ kept the party going, the bartender was sweet, the florals were fantastic, and the catering company was awesome! Note-- she even worked with the catering company to make our dream Filipino menu (complete with pig) happen.

Thank you so so much to Rachel and the team at San Diego Life Events for such an incredible day!
    Laura Married on 12/29/2017
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    I first met Rachel last year at my sister’s wedding. Her wedding went absolutely seamlessly and so I knew when the time came for me to plan a wedding that I’d reach out to Rachel and San Diego Life Events. One of the first things my now husband and I did after we got engaged was call Rachel to start tackling the wedding planning. We met Rachel at her office and went through what exactly we were looking for as far as style, venue, price, etc. Rachel offers an all inclusive package that includes about 90% of all your total wedding expenses (venue, party rentals, DJ, floral, cake, officiant, etc.). So we chose to go with the all inclusive package. We ultimately chose to go with The New Children’s Museum as our wedding venue. We absolutely loved our wedding at the museum but they did have a strict required vendors list we had to stick to which really inflated our budget. Rachel did an AMAZING job to keep us as close to budget as possible. I’m also an incredibly anxious worry wort, so I was emailing and texting Rachel almost weekly to go over this and that, asking her questions. She was always so helpful and happy and got back to me ASAP. Rachel was truly priceless during the planning phase however absolutely essential and necessary the day of. She coordinated the drop off and set up with all of the vendors, set up all of the table decor, kept the whole wedding party on schedule, and did all of the take down. I truly couldn’t have done it without her! Rachel and San Diego Life Events were great and worth every penny
    Paloma Married on 12/23/2017
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Rachel and her staff are wedding angels.They did such a wonderful job coordinating the day of our wedding, if it weren't for them I wouldn't of enjoyed my wedding I would have been very stressed out. She was very affordable as well you get to people for the day and she does the wedding rehearsal as well . She's really good at what she does and very professional and has an amazing and beautiful personality. Thank so much Rachel from the bottom of my heart on making my wedding go smoothly.

San Diego Life Events's reply:

Paloma,

Thank you for your kind words and for allowing us to be part of your family for a day! We loved being your Wedding Angels, you made it so easy for us :) Congratulations again to you and Matthew!

Rachel
    Toni Married on 12/20/2017
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    more than 5 stars!!! thank you so much rachel and san diego life event team for making our wedding dream come true!!! i cannot say or translate how much thankful we are for your effort, planning, behind the scenes work, thoughts and hard work from ceremony to reception everything turned out perfect!!! i dont know how you do it but your expertise is incredible!!! i am so happy and blessed to have you as my wedding coordinator and to ms tegan thank you for being an amazing partner of rachel!!! you are a great asset in the team. san diego life event youre awesome !!!! we love you!!! *hugs, kiss, hugs, kiss!!! love you rachel and tegan!!!
    Jillian Married on 10/07/2017
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Rachel and her team were our awesome day-of coordinators for our wedding this October. I was a pretty hands on bride and had done most of the planning myself, but as I started to think about "herding the kittens" on the day of the wedding, I began contemplating hiring a day-of coordinator. A well meaning friend said "you don't need to hire a coordinator! You've got all your girls to help out!" (Yes, but then someone still needs to direct traffic, assign tasks, etcetera!) All I can say is that ignoring that friend and hiring Rachel was the best decision I made for our Big Day!! Rachel handled everrrrrything:
    *Decorated and set up the venue and carried out my vision PERFECTLY
    *Met the vendors for set up in the beginning and clean up in the end
    *Coordinated with the venue to make sure they played certain songs at requested times (we didn't have a DJ)
    *Kept the timeline running seamlessly, and checked in with me periodically to give me timing options
    *Prompted our announcer when it was time to announce each portion of the evening
    *Made sure I had a prosecco when needed (very important)
    *Took the initiative to move décor when needed
    *Made sure our gifts, cards, and décor made it to our room upstairs
    I'm pretty sure I'm forgetting about 10 other things, but needless to say, we didn't have to worry about a thing. My husband commented later that he was pretty surprised that he was able to just show up and enjoy the night and not have to do anything. (He was also impressed by the very detailed questionnaire that she sent during the planning stage, and felt relieved that she "seems to have thought of everything!") Rachel is also extremely friendly, professional, and had the best response time of any coordinator I was considering/interviewing.
    If you're wondering if you really need a coordinator, you do. Look no further, hire this awesome team!!

San Diego Life Events's reply:

Jillian,

I loved working with you and we had a blast on your wedding day! Thank you for trusting us to execute your vision for your dream day.. it was beyond perfect!

Rachel
    Amy Married on 04/08/2017
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    I met Ms Rachel "The Redhead" by total random at a mutual friends gathering and was completely enthralled by her enthusiasm and overall cheerfulness. After getting to know her, I decided to hirer her to help coordinate and set my wedding. I mean, third times a charm and I mind as well do it right this time ya know! ( Prior military so that may explain the past two) Anyways, Rachel helped me pick out some venues (beaches because, well SAN DIEGO), flower/decorations and caterers. She was super helpful and compassionate, which is what I really needed once I had to call off the wedding due to my fiancé cheating. Even with my heartache and cancellation of wedding, she stayed by my side and helped me cancel everything and actually managed to put a smile to my face a few times. I greatly recommend her for any party planning, and I plan on using her again to plan my daughters Golden Birthday this December.
    Sue Married on 03/18/2017
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    In the Spring, I attended a friend from works daughter’s wedding. I was unsure why my friend had been talking so much about San Diego Life Events and the Wedding Planner, Rachel. She referred to Rachel as “Red”. She repeatedly told us how Rachel was wonderful to work with and how Rachel was taking care of everything. I was quite amazed when I attended that my type “A” friend and her demanding daughter were as cool as cucumbers. I watched Rachel, my friend and her daughter during the entire event in wonder….
    I approached Rachel at the end of the event and asked her for her card and if she could work with me on a Surprise 50th Birthday Party for my husband. Very graciously she stayed of course. I was so impressed the way Rachel coordinated my husband’s surprise party. Not only was he surprised which was incredible, but my guests were all wowed. Rachel made sure all of the details were handled from his favorite type of music, to the food and even the photographer, this gave me piece of mind to ALSO enjoy the party. I highly recommend her Rachel “The Red” and her company, San Diego Life Events, for your Party events!!!
    Haley Married on 10/14/2016
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Wonderful experience with San Diego Life Events :) My cousin is my best friend, so I wanted to make sure everything went perfectly and smoothly, and it did! I have never seen her so happy! She also could not stop raving about Rachel and her amazing work. Rachel is a very fun and friendly person overall, she always had a smile on her face. Definitely top professionals! I would recommend to anyone!
illustration stars