Samuel's Grande Manor Reviews

268 | Buffalo, NY

268 Reviews for Samuel's Grande Manor

Mindy · Married on 07/18/2015

Our reception was held in the center ballroom. We had originally planned on using a side room, but after seeing the look of the center room with the fire pit behind the head table, we couldn't imagine being anywhere else. Sue was incredibly helpful, answering any of all of the 1000's of questions the bride had. The staff was very professional and our room captain Dawn was amazing. They helped us set up the room exactly as we envisioned it; including several picture frames for a "wish you were here" section, an easel holding pictures of various family members during their weddings and other special events, and our "guest book," which was a hockey jersey for our guests to sign. The center pieces were placed perfectly, and the staff helped to pack everything up at the end of the night in mere minutes. Our food (steak and chicken) was delicious and is still being talked about by our guests. We already have a few friends who plan to book their receptions at Samuel's based on the time they had with us. It was a perfect night that we will remember forever!

Sent on 08/09/2015

Jessica · Married on 06/20/2015

Samuel's Grande Manor was awesome. Any question we would have I would email Sue and within 24 hrs she had an answer for us. She is very sweet and kind and made everything run smoothly for our big day. I didn't worry about anything. Samuel sound was our DJ since I was in the Josephine room Debbie did our music. She also did an awesome job. To everything that we picked out to suggestions that she had our dance floor was never empty from the first song to the last song. All our guests praised everything about Samuel's to the décor, music, food and drinks. There was not one complaint. Our Capitan was Dawn and she made sure everything went smoothly through our whole reception. Always asking us if we needed anything and was there when I needed something. Debbie and Dawn worked together when we picked out the song BE Our Guest for the baked Alaska. Our guests really enjoyed that and some said that was their favorite part. Dawn made sure they didn't start moving still they said the word guest and it worked out perfectly. I can go on and on about how wonderful Samuel's was for our very special day. I just talked about key points and the most important people that had a hand in our big day. Thanks again to Sue, Debbie and Dawn. Awesome job ladies!!!!!

Sent on 07/10/2015

Kathryn · Married on 06/19/2015

Samuel's was amazing!! I was a bit of an anxious bride and they were so good about answering all my questions and accommodating every request we had! Our reception ran so smoothly and I couldn't thank them enough for that especially our Captain! Everyone had a great time and the food was excellent!!

Sent on 07/03/2015

Julie · Married on 06/06/2015

I had my ceremony and reception here and it was beautiful! I couldn't have asked for anything better! Our captain, Dawn, was outstanding. She always made sure we had drinks and snacks and she was there anytime we needed her. The food was fantastic and the dj they provided was wonderful. We got compliments on how fantastic the venue was. The only critique I will give us that no one really saw our cake cutting because it was in the corner but other than that it was perfect!

Sent on 06/11/2015

We recently had our reception at Samuel's Grande Manor in the center room! I can't even put into words how wonderful everything turned out...there just aren't enough nice things to say! From the start of the process, the staff, especially Sue and Mark, were beyond accommodating! They answered every question and met our every need and want! They were always available for meetings and were thorough in every detail! The reception space looked immaculate! The staff made my vision come to life and I couldn't have asked for more! The amount of food provided is unreal for the cost! There was just so many options and so much to enjoy! Guests continue to rave about the food! Everyone thorough enjoyed their food and meal, including the appetizers! Pat, the room manager for the night, was exceptional! She was precise with timing and coming to me at times that I asked her to! She was more than helpful and attentive! Every time she was needed she was right there! Mark was also an important part of our night! He constantly was checking in on us, asking about the food, anything more we need....it was truly amazing to be surround by great people who enjoy their work! Honestly, Samuel's made our reception a dream come true...the service, the quality, the decor, the professionalism...everything was perfection! The standards at Samuel's are exceptional and they prove it in their work! I can't thank them enough for the truly amazing job they did! It was just perfection!

Sent on 07/09/2015
  • U

uma · Married on 05/23/2015

Nick n I got married this past year March 24th. It was a beautiful wedding and sad too. Last Year we lost my mom, but we still enjoyed everything about it. Mark n Margret and the team did a great job making our wedding memorable. Our guest were very happy...

Sent on 06/09/2018

Jenna · Married on 04/11/2015

There are not enough great words to say about Samuel's Grande Manor and how perfect they made our wedding reception. They made sure everything went as smooth as possible throughout the entire process and even helped to meet a specific beverage requirement when dealing with the bar. Most importantly, we are still receiving reviews of the food and how amazing it tasted! Sue was an exceptional woman to work with and made all of our wedding dreams come true.

Sent on 07/06/2015

The staff at Samuel's were always professional and quick moving. Dinner went smoothly and they were very helpful with guests moving fro. Ceremony to reception. Wonderful place with great communication.

Sent on 10/05/2014

Tia · Married on 09/13/2014

Samuel's really ensured that I got the wedding of my dreams. Our wedding coordinator for the evening (Renee) couldn't have been better. My husband spilled red sauce on his tux vest and shirt before our first dance and Renee was amazing. She saw this happen from across the room and rushed over to assist. She was able to get almost the entire stain out of the shirt and vest before dinner was over and dancing began. She truly is amazing!!!! My guest continue to rave about how delicious all the food was and that it was the wedding of the year! With our nerves and the craziness of the wedding my husband and I did not really get to each much of our dinner, the wait staff was nice enough to pack up to go boxes for both of us for later. If I could get married every weekend I would choose Samuels as my reception and ceremony space!

Sent on 10/02/2014

Laura · Married on 08/23/2014

I usually don't write reviews about anything but I couldn't ignore what an amazing job everyone at Samuel's Grande Manor did to make my daughters' wedding absolutely perfect. We had a very large wedding (263 guests) and I can not think of one thing I would have changed about the entire day. Everyone I have talked to said it was one of the best weddings they had ever been to. The staff was so helpful and professional. They went out of their way to get things just right. The food was outstanding. I would recommend this place to anyone who wants to make their daughters dreams come true.

Sent on 09/01/2014

Words cannot describe the exemplary job that all professionals at Samuel's Grande Manor perfomed for our daughter's wedding on June 9, 2012. We received personal attention for every detail.The staff guided us through the decision making and rehearsal process. The actual event was lovely and the catering service was delicious.

Sent on 06/12/2012

Katie · Married on 08/09/2014

To sum up Samuel's in one word - amazing!
    I had my wedding reception here in the West room. First off, even before the big day, Samuel's was very helpful and responsive to my questions and concerns. I always felt like I was #1 for them, and there were eight weddings total my weekend (so it's not like they were only catering to me).
    They also have a great selection for appetizers and meals. The appetizers were delicious and guests raved about the food in general! And they are very accommodating in terms of needing gluten free, vegetarian, etc options.
    They also set up the room beautifully for my reception. It was picture perfect. All night they ensured my husband and I were well taken care of. We were both too full to eat much of our dinners and they offered to box up what we had left, which I thought was very nice.
    The bartenders were exceptional as well, very efficient keeping at the line to a minimum.
    I just cannot say enough good things about Samuel's! Thank you for making my reception go off without a hitch.

Sent on 08/15/2014

Jodie · Married on 07/12/2014

Samuel's was an incredible wedding venue. They were professional and supportive throughout the entire process- from the first viewing to after the wedding. They were extremely responsive, always answering questions and making any changes I asked for. They kept my stress level at a minimum. We also received MANY compliments on the food- it was delicious and was still hot when it got to the table! They have a large selection of menu choices as well as a variety of wedding packages to meet your needs. Samuel's was a HUGE part of making our wedding day the PERFECT day.

Sent on 07/23/2014

Sarah · Married on 07/11/2014

Mark and Sue and the whole staff of Samuels are great. Our wedding was amazing we had such a wonderful time I did not want the night to ever end. The staff throughout the evening was very attentive to every need. The food was wonderful. I will recommend Samuels to everyone and any other event we may have they will definitely get our business! You will not be disappointed, the grounds outside are beautiful perfect for pictures.

Sent on 08/06/2014
  • F

Frances · Married on 06/27/2014

Samuels's Grande Manor quality of services was excellent from start to finish. My wedding and reception were perfect. The staff were very professional and well organized throughout the entire process. Sue was always available to answer my questions and made sure things went according to schedule. What made the service extra special to me was that the General Manager Mark made himself available and checked on us every few minutes. The food, service and grounds were outstanding. Our wedding was perfect it was everything that I imagine it would be. I would recommend this vendor to anyone and everyone. Thank you Samuel's Grande Manor for making my day one of the best days of my life!!!
    Jermaine & Frances

Sent on 11/04/2014

Michelle · Married on 06/21/2014

We had an amazing wedding day at Samuel's in June. The outdoor ceremony space is beautiful and feels intimate with the landscaping. We were planning from out-of-state, and the venue made it easier on us. They have a caterer on-site and a DJ (for the upstairs rooms). The food options were great, and we received a lot of compliments, especially about the Filet Mignon. Our DJ, Debbie from Samuel's Sound, was wonderful to work with. We held the reception in the Josephine Room -- it has been recently updated and is gorgeous and inviting. It also has a porch, which our guests enjoyed. The staff will put a lot of effort and care into making your day special.

Sent on 07/15/2014

Samuel's Grande Manor's reply:

We love Weddings, Thank you and Congratulations!!

Samuel's was excellent for our wedding. They were accommodating, friendly, and helped us every step of the way. Our guests are still raving about the wedding.

Would definitely recommend.

Sent on 08/20/2014

Jena · Married on 06/07/2014

Samuel's was always my dream venue for my wedding reception, but we thought for sure that it would be out of our budget, so my now-husband and I booked at the Hearthstone Manor. 3 months before our wedding date we found out that the Hearthstone was closing and that we'd have to find a new hall. Panic ensued and my mother immediately called Samuels, knowing that it was my dream venue.

Miraculously and to our relief, Samuel's had one room left that would fit our expected count. Sue was so incredibly compassionate, friendly, and an absolute pleasure to work with. She was so very patient through what was such a very stressful time for us. She went above and beyond to put together a package that was not only within our budget but included everything we had planned at the Hearthstone plus WAY more. She was very responsive, always answered emails quickly, and went so above and beyond to make our day magical.

Sue and her staff were very organized and efficient and paid such close attention to the fine details - our room was set up perfectly and looked gorgeous. Our hor 'derves were DELICIOUS, we had so many people tell us how great they were. The swedish meatballs, crab cakes, jalapeno poppers, deviled eggs, etc. were all outstanding! Dinner was also delicious - we had a choice of filet mignon, chicken Samuel, and stuffed sole. My sister in law had me try the sole and it was *to die for* it was so good. Absolutely outstanding food. Our captain Dawn was also fantastic - so accommodating and helpful. The rest of the wait staff and bartenders were also courteous and great. Two managers - one the GM named Mark and another young gentleman checked on us periodically and made sure everything was going good. Overall amazing service - amazing food - amazing space. I couldn't be a happier bride and I would book Samuel's again in a heartbeat!!! Thank you for the wedding of my dreams!

Sent on 06/12/2014

Cassandra · Married on 06/07/2014

Samuels was seriously the best!! Between the planning for a year, the day of, the staff, the FOOD!! Everyone couldn't stop raving about the food!!! We had the cordon blue and filet on each plate, it was hot and Delish!!n we can't stop raving about how perfect it was, and for the price!!!! Your not going to have to spend $30k if you don't want to, just to have a nice, classy, elegant day. Ours was in the Josephine room and it was perfect with the balcony!! Thank you for making our day a dream come true!!!!

Sent on 06/15/2014

julie · Married on 05/03/2014

Everything about my reception at Samuel's turned out great. They were very responsive in the time before the wedding, answering any questions we had. They were always very professional and friendly to deal with. Every detail was gone through thoroughly so I felt confident things would run smoothly when the wedding day came. As expected, things went great. The food and service was perfect. We had the Samuel room upstairs for our wedding and it was the perfect size for the number of guests we had (just over 130). Our captain was very attentive and the staff made sure to check in with my husband and I that we had everything we needed, enough food/drinks, etc. Everyone seemed to really enjoy the wedding, would definitely recommend them!

Sent on 05/28/2014

jennifer · Married on 11/29/2013

I cannot say one bad thing about Samuel's. The staff was fabulous from beigining to end. The food was outstanding, everyone commented on it.

Sent on 12/18/2013

Katlyn · Married on 09/07/2013

We had our wedding Sept 7th at Samuel's and everything was perfect! Sue, Karyl, and Mark were so accommodating and made sure that the whole ceremony and reception went smoothly and was organized. We were moved into the center room and it was beautiful, the food was delicious and we got so many rave reviews from our guests. We had to move the ceremony inside as the rain didn't hold off, but it actually turned out really pretty! I would recommend them to anyone!

Sent on 10/06/2013

Ashley · Married on 08/10/2013

Great service. Samuel Grande Manor took are of everything for us on our wedding day. It made for a very stress free and enjoyable day. Thanks.

Sent on 02/25/2014

Samuel's Grand Manor is a very nice place, I want to thank all of the staff. The food was good. I had my ceremony at the Manor and that was the best part of the wedding. I had I Do Ceremony from Niagara Falls and Candace is excellent. I can not thank you enough.

Sent on 09/23/2013

Amanda · Married on 06/22/2013

Samuel's did an amazing job with my wedding. It was absolutely beautiful. They were always there to help me and answer all my questions. They think of everything to make your day the greatest day of your life!

Sent on 08/05/2013