Salvatore's Wedding Venue Reviews

127 | Chicago, IL

127 Reviews for Salvatore's Wedding Venue

Taylor · Married on 06/16/2021

Salvatore’s

We had a smaller dinner event here for roughly 40 people and could not be more pleased with the space/ staff/ services. Working with the coordinator, Marco, was easy-going and pleasant. He was able to find a solution to each of my needs given the event- podium for our speakers, curtains pulled at certain times to encourage the flow of our guests and ambiance. This space is clean with tons of character. The neighborhood is tucked right in to a quiet side street amidst a very popular Chicago area. I could not believe how private and cozy this place was. Professional and attentive staff and food options to please everyone at very reasonable rates. Thanks for a great event space and dinner.

Sent on 06/23/2021
  • Jennifer

Jennifer · Married on 06/05/2021

Perfect wedding reception venue with timeless charm

We had our wedding reception at Salvatore's on 6/5/21. We had the best time! Throughout the planning process, Marco the GM was super responsive and helpful in answering our questions and requests. He is a pro! Our wedding tasting was fun - for our dishes, we chose penne with vodka sauce, tortellini, and chicken vesuvio - plus the tiramisu for dessert, yum! Our guests are raving about the delicious food, the great food/drink service, and how much they loved the venue. Salvatore's has timeless charm and plenty of space for our 100 guests. It was an awesome value and with all the food and drink served in-house, it streamlined the planning process significantly. We would highly recommend Salvatore's to any couple looking for their perfect wedding venue. 10 out of 10!

Sent on 06/13/2021
  • Cathy

Cathy B. · Married on 05/16/2021

Cathy Bilar

When we were looking for wedding venues back in 2019, our first stop was Salvatore’s. It’s a classic events place right in the heart of Lincoln Park in Chicago. We loved the place right away. We went to look at another venue just for the sake of checking another place but Salvatore’s had our hearts already the very first time we walked in. We booked them for May 17, 2020 but then Covid happened. We are just so happy that after a year of postponing our original wedding plans, we finally got married at Salvatore’s last weekend. We had both our ceremony and reception there. It was a little smaller and more intimate than what we had originally planned but we loved everything that Salvatore’s had done to make our wedding day a very special and memorable one. It was all we had ever imagined and so much more!

We would like to thank Marco, the General Manager of Salvatore’s for going above and beyond to make our special day run so smoothly.

We highly recommend Salvatore’s!

Sent on 05/20/2021

Salvatore's Wedding Venue's reply:

Thank you so much for your kind words Cathy! It was lovely working with you as well. Very best to you and Leo.
  • Tianne

Tianne H. · Married on 05/01/2021

Incredible experience

Cannot thank Salvatores enough! They were so easy to work with and answered my call day or night. The food was delicious, the venue is so beautiful with indoor and outdoor spaces, and the staff there are so so kind and excellent. So happy we picked Salvatores!!

Sent on 05/25/2021

Salvatore's Wedding Venue's reply:

Hi Tianne. We really appreciate your kind words. It was very easy working with you too and your event was beautiful. Best.
  • Tiffini

Tiffini C. · Married on 03/20/2021

Salvatore's is the Best!

Salvatore's was the best! Marco, Reggie, and all the staff were amazing and attentive. They went above and beyond for our ceremony and it truly felt like we were working with friends. Marco was so communicative and responsive throughout the entire process, and so flexible.

They are processional and experienced and know exactly what they are doing to make the day so special, and are completely open to making nearly any vision you have work. For example, we discussed a floor layout, but once the tables were all set up, we decided that the shape would be too tight. Marco and Reggie were so accommodating and reorganized the room last minute to make it work.

We HIGHLY recommend Salvatore's if you are considering an absolutely beautiful venue, delicious food, and the friendliest staff and planners ever.

Sent on 04/25/2021

Salvatore's Wedding Venue's reply:

Hi Tiffini. It was a dream working with you. Thank you for trusting in us to host such a special day in your life. All the best!
  • Kelly

Kelly M. · Married on 06/05/2020

Hidden Gem in Lincoln Park!

My husband and I had our wedding at Salvatore’s on May 18, 2019. It’s a hidden gem in Lincoln Park and we are so happy we stumbled upon it! The venue is classic and elegant. It fit our 140 guests perfectly. The price is just incredible for a downtown Chicago wedding. We loved that we paid one price for everything and didn’t have to worry about upgrading so many details because everything that comes with Salvatore’s is top notch. Suzi and Lauran were amazing to work with! From the very beginning they are so helpful with every little detail and they truly know their stuff. Our favorite part by far was the food! My favorite part of wedding planning was easily the tasting. We did family style with caesar salad, two pastas and one chicken dish. Our guests still haven’t stopped talking about how delicious all of the food was and they were so happy they got to try a little bit of everything. I was so happy to hear that we got a wedding cake or tiramisu included too, but the tiramisu is hands down the best we’ve ever had! The service during dinner was exceptional. The bar selection was perfect and came with many options in beer, wine and liquors. The bartenders were outstanding and no one waited long for a drink. We loved having two bars with one removed from the dance floor for guests who needed a quick break from dancing too. Our wedding was an unforgettable night and we are so happy we had it at Salvatore’s!

Sent on 06/03/2019

Salvatore's Wedding Venue's reply:

Hi Kelly! Thanks for the 5-star review! It was great working with you and Nick and we wish you the best. Cheers!
  • Jessica

Jessica · Married on 11/02/2019

Amazing venue!!

Salvatore’s was amazing! I fell in love with Salvatore’s the moment I walked inside. I loved the location and the beauty of the venue. I also loved the atmosphere and feel of the venue. Suzi and Lauran were wonderful to work with. They were responsive and helpful. They also were meticulous and made sure to get all of the details right. I wouldn’t have been able to have gotten through my day without them. And then there was the food. It was fantastic and so good. My favorite was the vodka pasta, but everything was delicious. I received numerous compliments on the food and the overall beauty of the venue. I highly recommend Salvatore’s.

Sent on 11/23/2019

Salvatore's Wedding Venue's reply:

Thanks for the awesome words Jessica! It was a great wedding and it was a pleasure working with you! Cheers!
  • Rachael

Rachael D. · Married on 10/05/2019

Best Decision We Made!!

Picking Salvatore’s as our wedding reception venue was the best decision we made in our wedding planning process, and we couldn’t be happier that we did! Suzi and Lauran were amazing to work with! They had great communication and were always very responsive in any questions we had along the way leading up to the big day. They had great recommendations which helped in making decisions. We felt so comfortable knowing they were on top of everything and we didn’t have to worry about a thing. Salvatore’s is absolutely beautiful, and had the romantic, intimate, and elegant look and feel that we wanted. We wanted to get married in Chicago, but loved how Salvatore’s is on a quiet, tree-lined street in Lincoln Park. The staff was outstanding on the day of, and the service was impeccable. One of our favorite parts as well as the guests, was how delicious the food is! The tiramisu is also outstanding, and we highly recommend doing that for the dessert. Their vendor recommendations were extremely helpful as well, and we enjoyed that they had great relationships with each one which made things easy for the big day. I couldn’t be happier with having our wedding at Salvatore’s, thank you Suzi and Lauran!

Sent on 10/30/2019

Salvatore's Wedding Venue's reply:

Thank you so much for a wonderful review, Rachael! It was a pleasure working with you and Matt on a very special day. Cheers to you and your future!

Kerry N. · Married on 09/28/2019

One of the Best Decisions We Made

Having our reception at Salvatore’s was one of the best decisions we made in our entire planning process!

My husband and I were in an unusual situation, we live in TX but got married in Chicago. We had my parents go and view the space, and they fell in love instantly. They face timed us and we knew that was it, so they signed before we even saw it in person!

The layout of the space is perfectly different from most wedding venues you’ll find. Having the dance floor in a different room from the tables provided nice breaks for some of our older guests, or even those who just wanted a moment to step away from the party. The outdoor space is a nice addition to the already wonderful venue. The location is great, Lincoln Park is a fabulous place to get married- especially in the fall when the streets outside are STUNNING. Plus the valet parking made it extremely easy for our guests who drove.

Lauran and Suzi are wonderful to work with from the start. They always answered my (numerous) emails and questions promptly, and eased so many of my worries when it came to logistics, timing, food, whatever. Having Lauran there the day of the event as well put us at ease as we knew she’d keep things moving and under control. The rest of the staff is polite, fast, and we enjoyed working with every single person we interacted with.

The food... it's phenomenal. We had such a hard time deciding what options to pick because everything was so good. So many of our guests commented on how good everything was. Definitely recommend the tiramisu, we did that and had a small cake brought in from Sweet Mandy B's to cut. Not only was it delicious, but everything is sourced from Salvatore’s so you don’t have to worry about having ANYTHING, which was so crucial for us when it came to logistics. Both bars were very well stocked, and the bartenders were quick. As the bride, I didn't have to worry about a single thing not being done exactly the way we had asked or decided.

Overall I have nothing but good things to say about Salvatore’s. Definitely would recommend to anyone who wants a little extra magic on their wedding day.

Sent on 10/16/2019

Salvatore's Wedding Venue's reply:

Wow Kerry, thanks for such a detailed review. It was a pleasure and a breeze working with you! Cheers to you!
  • Carly

Carly L. · Married on 09/21/2019

The perfect Chicago wedding venue

My husband and I held our wedding reception at Salvatore's this fall and I am still getting compliments about how fabulous our wedding was. It is an absolutely beautiful venue, with vintage charm that you really can't find anywhere else in the city. The coordinators at the venue, Suzi and Lauran were extremely professional, responsive, patient and so fun to work with. They really made sure they understood our vision and helped us every step of the way. I must have sent them 100 emails during the planning process and everything was always answered quickly. The food was ABSOLUTELY AMAZING, every dish was perfect and our guests raved about it all night - especially the vodka pasta and the tiramisu. I wish I could go back and eat there right now. The tasting was so fun - make sure you come hungry! The drinks and the service were outstanding - they were all so professional kind to all 200 of our guests. People were drinking martini's, manhattans and all kinds of specialty drinks (which are included in your package). The venue also had a super cute patio that made for the perfect getaway space during the evening - although the dance floor was the place to be! The garden is perfect for some intimate bride and groom shots as well. If you are considering a wedding in Chicago, don't wait - book Salvatores now, you won't regret it.

Sent on 11/24/2019

Salvatore's Wedding Venue's reply:

Thank you so much for the detailed five-star review. It was a pleasure working with you and we are so happy to hear you and your guests had such an amazing time! Cheers!

Rachel B. · Married on 09/14/2019

Amazing Venue

Would highly recommend! We had our wedding ceremony and reception at Salvatore’s and had such a great experience. The venue comes with two wedding planners that help answer all of your questions (and we asked a lot!). They were very patient and knowledgeable during the whole planning process, thank you Suzi and Lauran! Our guests could not stop raving about the food, I kid you not, numerous people said it was “the best food they’ve ever had a wedding”. The filet and tortellini were crowd favorites for sure. Also received a lot of compliments on the staff, who went above and beyond during dinner and great bartenders as well. Luckily, we had nice weather so many people got to utilize the nice patio space out back. Overall, this was an amazing venue with professional staff and service.

Sent on 11/14/2019

Salvatore's Wedding Venue's reply:

Wow, thanks for the great review Rachel! It was a beautiful September evening and what a perfect event. Cheers!

Karolina M. · Married on 09/13/2019

Super smooth wedding planning!

I am so happy with our decision to get married at Salvatores! Suzi and Lauran were SO patient with my (what felt like ) endless questions and answered everything so well! I didn't have a wedding planner and have never been involved in planning a wedding, so that was just so helpful, personally. Further, they helped lead the rehearsal (which would be a disaster without them) and made everything SO smooth on the actual day!! In between the ceremony and reception, the space was absolutely transformed and just beautiful. They used my decorations in ways that looked better than I had originally planned.

Other than how wonderful and helpful they were, the space itself is amazing. Its beautiful, classic, and intimate; exactly the vibe I was hoping for for my wedding. Honestly, once I saw the website, I stopped looking at other venues.

Third, of course, I have to comment on the price. The pricing was very clear from the first time we met. There were no surprises at the end or anything unexpected. As a bride, I have heard from friends about unexpected costs, so this was a HUGE plus! Additionally, the price is affordable for the location, and I am grateful to them for making this wedding possible in Lincoln Park for us.

Overall, definitely recommend the venue, food, and of course, Suzi and Lauran!

Sent on 02/12/2020

Salvatore's Wedding Venue's reply:

Karolina thanks so much for the positive review. It was such a pleasure working with you. It was a great wedding! Cheers LD & SS
  • Sula

Sula · Married on 09/01/2019

Best decision ever!

Wedding planning is stressful! Salvatore's takes a huge chunk of planning stress off your shoulders. This venue is beautiful! Stunning, old-world Italian feel to the space. Plenty of room for our 145 guests to enjoy dinner and dancing. The food is top-notch! The staff is incredible. Suzi & Lauran are incredible and easy to work with. They met with us several times and ensured us we would be pleased. Be sure to put this on your list of venues to explore and book them for your event. You will not be disappointed!

Sent on 09/14/2019

Salvatore's Wedding Venue's reply:

Thanks for the five-star review. It was great working with you and your daughter. Beautiful evening. Cheers!

Jen · Married on 08/24/2019

The Perfect Location for your Chicago Wedding

Our decision to choose Salvatore’s as our wedding location was the best decision we have made ( aside from saying “I do!” of course). From beginning to end, Lauran and Suzi were very helpful in the planning process. They took the time to field our emails, phone calls and in person meetings to ensure we felt comfortable. On the day of they were instrumental in making sure the day went smoothly.

In addition to the amazing staff, Salvatore’s itself was a dream venue. After doing extensive research it because clear for the value they were providing, the price was unbeatable. We received amazing reviews from our guests who raved about the food and there was never a line to get the bar. I cannot imagine a better place to get married and I highly recommend to any couple looking in Chicago!

Sent on 10/24/2019

Salvatore's Wedding Venue's reply:

Thanks for the awesome review! It was great working with you and Tyler. Cheers to you and your future!
  • Cora

Cora R. · Married on 08/23/2019

Beautiful historic venue with the best service & value

We were able to plan our entire wedding start to finish in under 6 months thanks to Salvatore's. This historic venue is absolutely gorgeous and the service from their team was amazing. Suzi and Lauran made the entire planning process unbelievably easy and the day of was seamless and perfect. We knew planning a wedding in less than 6 months and without a planner was going to be crazy, but it really wasn't with Salvatore's. They are seasoned veterans in the wedding world with so much great advice to help you create the best day. And they are also totally open to accommodating whatever your vision is! I cannot recommend this venue enough. On top of the amazing service and beautiful venue, the food was incredible and the value is unbeatable in Chicago, especially Lincoln Park. Do yourself a favor and book here. My husband and I actually got to enjoy our wedding day because every single detail was managed perfectly by the Salvatore's team. They created a perfect day for us and our guests. We can't thank them enough!

Salvatore's Wedding Venue's reply:

Thanks Cora! Your specialized graphics and late-night hot dogs were key. What a great night! Cheers.
  • Samantha

Samantha W. · Married on 07/13/2019

Best Day Ever- Thank's to Salvatore's

​Choosing Salvatore's for our July wedding was by far the best decision we made- This place is incredible- classic and elegant, but also intimate and inviting. The rooms are seriously beautiful on their own, but come alive when you add your own personal touches. The staff- There are honestly no words for amazing ​Suzi and Lauran ​were in the lead up and execution of our wedding​. They went above and beyond and thanks to them our ​wedding was everything we wanted; the set up was perfect, and it was so stress free and seamless - they are wonderful! ​The entire staff has such a reassuring presence, ​they have​ everything organized to perfection, and just did a remarkable​ job.​ The best part of this venue is that I didn't have to worry. I trusted their judgment on literally everything- Me not being a planner was completely overwhelmed with the details of planning the day- Salvatore's basically took the lead and allowed me to be as involved as much (or as little) as I wanted to be. They were available to answer our band's questions, show the venue to our photographer, and even made sure to order a local Kansas City beer for the groom. Oh and I forgot to mention- the food! Our guests could not stop talking about how delicious the food was.

Everything from ceremony start times, to coordinating the toasts, first dances, and cake cutting- They know what they are doing- and on your wedding day the last thing your want to worry about is the details. They will think of everything before you- make sure they know what you want and execute that vision flawlessly.

We ​are s​o grateful​- highly recommend.

Salvatore's Wedding Venue's reply:

Wow thanks so much for writing such a detailed review. It was a pleasure working with you and it was a beautiful event. Cheers!

Nikki K. · Married on 06/28/2019

The best wedding venue!

My husband and I LOVED having our wedding reception at Salvatore's! Suzi and Lauran are the absolute best. We had some last minute changes come up and they were so responsive and accommodating. We felt 100% certain that everything would run smoothly in their hands. Also, their vendor recommendations were spot-on. Our guests loved Salvatore's, too, and couldn't stop raving about the food (which is incredible - you have to do the tiramisu!), how beautiful the space is, and how seamlessly the whole evening went. We would recommend Salvatore's to everyone!

Salvatore's Wedding Venue's reply:

Tiramisu is most definitely the way to go! Thanks for your kind words. It was a pleasure working with you Nikki. Cheers!

Maria · Married on 06/16/2019

Highly recommend!!!

My husband and I had a wedding at Salvatore’s this summer. We highly recommend this venue! Suzi and Lauran were an absolute pleasure to work with - very responsive, patient, organized and helpful. They made the entire planning process easy for us. The venue itself is elegant, romantic and very spacious. There is an option to have dinner and dancing in separate rooms, which we loved as some of our guests could have a conversation while others had fun on the dance floor. There is also a gorgeous patio which is ideal for pictures. The food was absolutely delicious - we chose salmon, steak, chicken and pasta. Each entree was prepared perfectly. We got a lot of compliments on the food. Also, Salvatore’s tiramisu is out of this world! It was a perfect choice for us! Thank you, Suzi and Lauran, for an amazing experience!

Sent on 10/27/2019
  • Gaby

Gaby · Married on 05/04/2019

You should definitely get married at Salvatore's!

My husband and I knew that we wanted to get married in the city of Chicago and we are so happy we found Salvatore's! We fell in love with its classic beauty, old school Chicago vibe, and beautiful surroundings (the patio, courtyard, tree-lined street, and beautiful Lincoln Park neighborhood) and it was actually a reasonably-priced option in the city, especially compared to other choices out there. Oh, and all the food was DELICIOUS (get the cheesy tortellini and the tiramisu!), the dance floor was huge, and the service and bartenders were so amazing that none of our 155 guests ever had to wait for a drink (and the drinks, especially our specialty drinks, were delicious and the staff was so accommodating of our requests!). No waiting in lines at Salvatore's!

Suzi and Lauran were also awesome to work with! They were incredibly fast responding to emails and never seemed frustrated by all my questions. They were super accommodating with when we could drop off/pick-up our decor, let us visit the venue many times, accommodated food allergy requests, and so much more. Because of their help, we didn't feel we needed a day-of-coordinator (that said, if you're very nitpicky about things, I might get a day-of coordinator or at least be really specific with how you want things set up and to run on the day-of with Suzi and Lauran - they are super detail oriented and delivered on all our requests, but you have to provide them with those details!)

One big question I had when choosing Salvatore's was the layout. I knew I wanted a non-traditional wedding venue but was really worried about having the dinner in a separate room as the dancing. Turns out there was nothing to be worried about - because the dancing happened in a separate room (with tables for sitting and its own bar), the dance floor was packed all night. We had such a fun night.

One other thing to note - we had 155 people and the place felt perfectly full. I think it would be too tight if you expect more than 174 guests (don't forget, there's always drop-off from your original invite list). But this is something to keep in mind - if you have a 200 person wedding, this might not be the space for you!

I'm smiling so big just thinking about the amazing wedding day we had at Salvatore's thanks to Suzi, Lauran, and the amazing Salvatore's staff. I would recommend Salvatore's to others in a heartbeat!

Sent on 06/22/2019

Salvatore's Wedding Venue's reply:

Thanks for taking the time to write such a detailed review. It was great working with you and Marty throughout the year. Cheers to you two!

Jaime C. · Married on 02/09/2019

Cozy and Romantic

Lauran and Suzi were excellent and easy to work with. They were accommodating and flexible. The venue was cozy and romantic - perfect for our theme. The food was delicious as well!

Sent on 09/12/2019

Rita W. · Married on 02/02/2019

Perfection. Breathtaking. Elegant.

Salvatore’s totally exceeded our expectations and we cannot recommend it highly enough!

From the moment we first met with Suzi we felt a weight lift & excitement forming! Suzi graciously led us through the entire process and not once did we feel rushed, pushed or overwhelmed.

The venue is absolutely breathtaking. The layout superb. The menu choices were overwhelming. (All so good it was difficult to choose!)

The tasting was spectacular and the food did not disappoint!!! We were easily led through each and every detail of the wedding event, feeling that all will be well! And, even then, when the evening finally arrived, we were blown away by the effortless perfection as we witnessed our event unfold.

Suzi’s attention to detail is amazing! She handled the inevitable last minute changes with such grace and ease. Both her and Lauran continually kept us informed and even helped with non-venue suggestions! Suzi’s recommendations for florist, DJ, bakery, and all else were all absolutely wonderful!

Our guests were so impressed! Months after the event, they still talk about how beautiful it was and how delicious the food was!!! Suzi, Lauran and all the staff were as attentive at the wedding as they were throughout the planning process, which gave us the time to actually enjoy what we were there to celebrate!

We couldn’t have picked a more perfect place to celebrate this happy event and are forever grateful for this perfect memory!

Sent on 09/23/2019
  • Stephanie

Stephanie · Married on 12/30/2018

Best choice we ever made

We had our wedding here on December 30, 2018 and our best decision that we made was booking at Salvatore's. We worked with Lauran and she was simply the best. Salvatore's handles all of the details so you can enjoy your day. Lauran was so quick to respond, helped us navigate the struggles of planning a wedding and overall made us feel at ease throughout our entire process. We wouldn't have changed a thing and we recommend Salvatore's to all of our friends and family! Our guests had an amazing time thanks to Lauran and Salvatore's!

Sent on 12/31/2018

Salvatore's Wedding Venue's reply:

Thank you so much for an awesome review coming into the new year! It was a pleasure working with you and JR and what a party! Happy 2019!

Nicole D. · Married on 09/29/2018

Amazing venue ran by 2 amazing ladies!

We looked at this location after a friend had mentioned about the quality of the location as well as the food. The second we walked in, we knew that it was for us. We had roughly 130 people and it was a perfect location for a small/medium sized wedding. The location is well kept, the staff is extremely flexible, friendly, and helpful, and the patio was a great bonus. For a city wedding, the price is something that can't be beat. The price includes appetizers, dinner, drinks, and your cake. The other bonus about this location is that there are 2 bars, which means the line is kept short. We are SO thankful that we picked Salvatore's to host our wedding and would do it all over again. The only down side is that we can't go to Salvatore's for a dinner date.....the food is truly that good!!!

Sent on 10/28/2018

Salvatore's Wedding Venue's reply:

Awe thanks Nicole! It was a pleasure working with you (fellow amazing woman :)) Cheers to your future!

Courtneyandjeff · Married on 06/29/2018

Absolutely perfect wedding venue!!! We are from Colorado and worked with Lauran for our wedding. She is amazing! She kept in constant communication with us over the several months leading up to our wedding. Since we were out of state we had to ship special items to the venue and Lauran made sure to take care of them. She made sure everything was set up perfectly the day of. We can't even express how happy we are with Salvatore's and Lauran's service. Our guests (about 75) loved the food and the venue. It was perfect and we highly recommend!!!

Sent on 07/04/2018

Salvatore's Wedding Venue's reply:

WOW! Thank you for this awesome review! You were so fun to work with! And Courtney I could not admire more your attention to detail! I hope you had a great time at the Cubs game on Sunday and are now settled at home and getting some rest! Cheers to you both!