Sally O'Donnell Photography Reviews

10 | Naperville, IL

10 Reviews for Sally O'Donnell Photography

Benjamin · Married on 05/28/2017

Sally and Nick are amazing. After just a few minutes of speaking with Sally during our first meeting, my wife and I immediately knew she would be the perfect person to shoot out wedding. We went on to do engagement pictures with her and her husband Nick in addition to the wedding itself. I literally couldn't find a bad thing to say about them. They go far above and beyond the standard role of wedding photographers and pick up slack wherever they see it. On the day of the wedding, they not only produced incredible images beyond what I ever hoped for, but they stepped in in so many auxiliary ways, that we had people telling us how great Sally, our wedding planner was! We had a wedding planner who did a wonderful job, and those comments are not a slight against her, merely a testament to all the ways in which Sally and Nick stepped up during the day of the wedding to become invaluable assets to making sure everything ran smoothly while also being the incredible photographers they are. The images came back after just a couple of weeks and we were absolutely stunned. Sally has such an incredible eye for staging, editing, and capturing real, beautiful moments (while still managing to make you look great)! We've gone on to become friends with Sally and Nick, and try to hang out as much as we can. They are so kind and to their core, goodhearted people. They are easy to talk to, selfless, hard working, and fun to be around. All of these great character traits continue to shine through beyond the context of a vendor and a paying customer. If you are able to book Sally as your photographer, I personally guarantee you won't regret it!

Sent on 09/27/2017

Tom · Married on 10/16/2016

Absolutely incredible!!!

My fiance and I are currently working with Sally for our wedding and engagement photos.

We just got our engagement album back and it is better than we could have possibly asked for.

Not only are the pictures stunning, but Sally is a delight! She confidently directs the shoot in a way that eliminates the awkwardness that can come with posing. Within 5 minutes of arriving at the location, all nervousness was gone.

I cannot reccomend Sally enough.

Sent on 06/01/2016

Katia · Married on 08/06/2016

Like many of the other reviews, I really cannot say enough good things about Sally! 100% recommend!!! I found Sally on Instagram, a bit of a departure from my usual fact-checking way of doing things. But, I was instantly drawn into her style, and ability to capture couples at their best. Fast forward a year, and we just got our wedding pictures back. Like our engagement photos, they capture us in those hard-to-miss moments of laughter when we're relaxed and enjoying the moment, enjoying each other. It doesn't hurt that every single one is GORGEOUS. A couple more things that contributed to the "Duh" 5-star rating here... 1) Sally has always been uber responsive- she responds within less than 24 hours, often within less than half a day, which is great when there are lots of details to hash out. She goes above and beyond in answering questions, and making suggestions (such as locations, what to wear, etc.) 2) She & Nick seamlessly integrated themselves into our wedding on the day of- they're fun and personable and there was never the "hey what's that girl/guy doing sticking the camera in my face" moment. It felt like we were hanging out with friends 3) While I had a super detailed-day of timeline, I never once looked at it. Sally kept the entire bridal party on schedule, and got all of the shots we wanted without wearing everyone out. 4) Have I mentioned all of the beautiful photos? You get access to all of them, in an easy-to-use, easy to share gallery. Plus a photo album of your favorites. From start to finish, it has been our pleasure to work with Sally & Nick. So glad I listened to my gut, and reached out!

Sent on 09/02/2016

Megan · Married on 07/16/2016

Sally and Nick were amazing to work with and I would highly recommend them to any bride and groom! They were so efficient throughout the wedding day and made picture taking fun. Sally really listened to the style of pictures I wanted to take and didn't make us do any poses that we didn't want to do. I love our pictures and think they perfectly capture the love and excitement we felt on our wedding day. Book Sally and Nick for your event!

Sent on 08/12/2016

Chris · Married on 07/16/2016

Sally and Nick photographed our wedding in July and did a fantastic job! They were very easy to work with and the pictures turned out amazing. Nick was great at corraling all of my groomsman and the turnaround on pictures was quick and easy. We will be recommending Sally and Nick to any and all friends!

Sent on 09/02/2016

Precious · Married on 03/24/2016

I cannot recommend Sally O'Donnell Photography enough! Not only are Sally's photos beautiful, but she's easy to work with, and very organized. Sally photographed my brother's wedding in November and did a phenomenal job....four months later she photographed my wedding and I was thrilled with the results. Her photos are traditional and tasteful, yet also unique and artistic at the same time.

Sent on 06/29/2016

Katie · Married on 12/19/2015

Sally and Nick are an absolute dream when it comes to wedding photography! They are incredibly flexible in terms of travel, weather, and scheduling. Our wedding was in California, where you can always expect sunshine, but when our big day arrived it was pouring down rain. Of course, we were running behind schedule, and I was so worried we would not be able to get outdoor shots. Sally and Nick took care of everything: they were so relaxed and encouraging, and they organized new locations for pictures. They even found a beautiful spot for sunset photos as soon as the sun came out. Throughout the day they were so personable, and they kept everyone’s spirits high; they even made all the family photos fun! It was an honor to have them photograph our wedding. Every picture is stunning, and they truly captured the joy, excitement, and love we felt on our wedding day. Thank you for taking your talent, passion, and creativity to rainy California and giving us images that will help us remember that day for years to come!

Sent on 02/02/2016

We could not be more pleased with Sally and Nick. After a stunning engagement shoot, we knew we could expect amazing wedding photography. Goodness, we were not disappointed! Each picture captured a beautiful moment and brought back many memories of the day. Their fun, eclectic style was perfect for the setting and for capturing unique and gorgeous shots. In addition to photographic talent, both Sally and her husband are hilarious people and created a calm yet goofy environment that set our minds at ease and allowed us to enjoy each moment. Highly recommended!!!!

Sent on 10/05/2015

Sally and I attended college together and knew each other from shared art classes. I knew when I got engaged that I needed someone I could fully trust to capture our wedding. I had seen Sally's work pop up on social media as she had shot mutual friend's weddings — I knew I wanted her to do ours as well. Since we are 6 hours away from Naperville, I was extremely excited when she agreed to drive and even customized a package to fit our needs. From my first contact Sally has not only been profession and helpful, she has been compassionate and kind.
    I could go on and on. However to sum it up, on the wedding day, Sally was prompt and efficient. She was amazing with our ring bearer and flower girl. She made bridal party portraits fun, kept everyone relaxed and enthusiastic. Her service and product are phenomenal.

I didn't expect to also gain a friend and advocate when we booked her. She kept an eye out for what my groom and I needed during the day. She took care of logistics and whenever I tried to do something myself, she made sure to direct me back to concentrate on enjoying the day and took care of it herself. The day would have been so much more stressful without her.

Photography was the biggest item on our budget and Sally was worth every. single. penny.

Sent on 06/11/2015

Allison · Married on 04/23/2016

Well, I honestly have only positive things to say about Sally. She is truly wonderful. I would like to share some of our experience...

I was blown away when my husband and I received the photos from our wedding (only a mere 15 days after the ceremony!) She edited and sent me nearly 1000....Which was more than I had asked for (I believe our package included 800) They are all amazing photos. I love her style and the way she edits. I want to frame every one of them. Seriously.

I married into an extremely large and boisterous family- She was able to corral and calmly get everyone lined up for pics. This was my main concern- whether or not she would be successful with so many people, including many young ones. She fully surpassed all my expectations. I would also like to mention the fact that she has her husband and that they can separate and shoot two different places at one time is a HUGE bonus. One I know most photographers cannot offer. His pictures are equally good. Their calm and quiet mannerisms put everyone at ease and helped the day go much smoother. I rarely knew she was around unless she was asking for a posed picture. Her candid shots are ridiculous...

When all was said and done I felt as though we had become fast friends. I am so glad we hired her and her husband. I would definitely use them again. She made me feel comfortable in front of the camera which I value very much. I am super awkward when it comes to having pictures taken and rarely like the results. This obviously was not the case with Sally and NIck. My wedding pictures are one of my most favorite things to have from that day (after my new husband of course : )

Sent on 06/25/2016