Sally Oakley Weddings & Events Reviews

179 | Raleigh, NC

179 Reviews for Sally Oakley Weddings & Events

Athina · Married on 10/15/2016

My advice to any couples looking for a wedding planner/coordinator would be to book Sally ASAP! She was incredible and I cannot sing her praises enough. We hired Sally to be our day-of coordinator and to help with design, and she went far above and beyond my expectations. Throughout the planning process, she was extremely responsive to emails and phone calls, helped schedule and attend meetings with vendors, and kept everyone updated and organized. On the day of, she was a rockstar! Sally and her assistant, Victoria, were incredibly attentive to myself, my husband, and the entire bridal party. The night went off without a hitch - all thanks to Sally! I would recommend her and her staff in a heartbeat.

Sent on 11/27/2016

Amy · Married on 10/09/2016

I echo these reviews in saying that working with Sally Oakley is nothing short awesome. We met her at a Stockroom vendor event, and I'll never forget how approachable she was. We ended up hiring her as our day-of coordinator for our October Raleigh wedding, and it was one of the best decisions we made. Sally was available for questions throughout our entire process, and her personality is perfect: she is calm, practical, rational, caring, and flexible; and she was a lifesaver when I needed some reassurance during my rehearsal process. Her team was fantastic on the day of my wedding since we had our ceremony and reception in two different places. I never felt stressed on the day of my wedding because Sally and her team had it covered. I highly recommend working with her and her team!

Sent on 11/26/2016

Molly · Married on 08/26/2016

As an out of town bride, I didn't get to meet Sally until the day of. Sally was incredible. Sally is professional, CALM, organized and made the entire bridal party feel at ease. We had guests who were not in the wedding applauding Sally for her work. Sally also made the pre wedding experience easy for my twin sister and mom which is all I wanted. We loved Sally! -Molly Boyce Edgington (8.26.16)

Sent on 09/02/2016

Colleen · Married on 08/20/2016

Kathy with Sally Oakley events was amazing to work with. She listened to what we wanted and brought us vendor options that perfectly matched our style and goals. She was all over the details and I knew that our event was in good hands every step of the way. On our wedding day I never had to stress about a thing because Kathy handled EVERYTHING so I could just sit back, relax and enjoy the day! I would absolutely recommend Kathy and Sally Oakley Events. Thank you for making our wedding perfect!

Sent on 09/23/2016

Annie · Married on 08/13/2016

I would completely recommend Kathy Swope. She was incredible, kind, accommodating to our specific needs, and she knew basically everything. When it came down to the day, I completely trusted her with it!

Sent on 09/06/2016

Sherry · Married on 08/13/2016

Kathy Swope was wonderful! She made us feel like family and like we were her one and only client. She did so much for us before the wedding day. Always answered my emails quickly, and even called us a few times when she knew it would be easier that way. She was amazing the day of the wedding. Everyone commented on how nicely the flow of the wedding was, and so much of that was due to her diligence in keeping us all on schedule. She had to do a lot of the decorating of the venue for us before the ceremony. Her and her assistant made the place look amazing. We gave her layouts and ideas, but she added her own special touch, and yet it was consistent with what my daughter had envisioned! We also had her help us with obtaining a caterer, and that was the best $500 I have ever spent! I am looking forward to my next 2 daughters weddings, and we will certainly use Kathy again!

Sent on 09/07/2016

Tiela · Married on 07/31/2016

I would not hesitate to use Sally Oakley. I was an out of state bride and it was very stressful not having familiarity with local vendors. Sally was very patient and helpful in helping us select our vendors. Our wedding day was beyond amazing and we owe a huge part of that to Sally. We were able to truly enjoy the day with a great peace of mind having all the details in Sally's capable hands. We completely recommend Sally & her team.
    Tim & Tiela Rigg

Sent on 09/09/2016

Madison · Married on 07/09/2016

Sally Oakley and her team were top notch! They were a dream come true for my wedding day and the days leading up to it. We could not have asked for more! :)

Sent on 08/08/2016

Amy · Married on 06/18/2016

Sally & her team were extremely helpful and courteous, they took all the stress of planning my wedding off of me. They were always available to talk through a situation with other vendors that concerned me, and their advice was top notch. They have an excellent network of vendors to offer a bride and I wouldn't hesitate to use her company for any function. My advice to anyone getting married ... talk to Sally & use her expertise!

Sent on 07/20/2016

Ashley · Married on 06/11/2016

Hiring Sally was one of the BEST decisions my husband and I made when it came to planning our wedding. We contacted her roughly 2.5 months before our wedding totally frazzled by all we had left to do. She helped coordinate all the details for our guests (95% of whom were from out-of-town), she flawlessly coordinated a change of ceremony venue due to weather with 24 hours notice and also helped us extend our reception by an hour when everyone was having too much fun to go home. Best of all, she did it with a comforting, positive and wonderful demeanor. Seriously - trust her with the details and relax knowing your wedding day will be everything you imagined. Thank you, Sally!

Sent on 07/13/2016

Sally was amazing! We used her as our day of wedding coordinator. She was available via email and responded very quickly. She provided many referrals and advice throughout the planning process. Sally was a huge help the week of the wedding. We were planning from afar, so having her make sure everything came together smoothly was great. I would definitely recommend her!

Sent on 06/06/2016

Katherine · Married on 03/12/2016

I absolutely cannot say enough about the incredible services I received from Sally Oakley Events. Kathy Swope was my designated coordinator provided by the Carolina Inn, and I will be forever grateful to her for everything that she did to make my wedding weekend go smoothly. We had her for day-of services, but in the end she provided so much more than that. She met with my fiance and I twice at the Inn before the wedding and was also present for us to drop off any decor items a few days before. She also coordinated the rehearsal and was there beginning very early for the day of the wedding. She is the single reason that I was able to enjoy the experience as much as I was, and not worry about details. Kathy had every single angle covered from answering 1 million questions I had via e-mail, to creating a very in-depth and detailed timeline of the day, to following up with and confirming each one of my vendors and making sure that they had everything they needed. I had worked for a wedding planner in Charleston, so I probably wouldn't have considered hiring a planner if not for the Carolina Inn. I am so, so grateful that I had Kathy.

Sent on 03/28/2016

Austin · Married on 02/13/2016

My wife and I worked with Kathy Swope with Sally Oakley Company. First class, professional, caring, responsive, could go on for days. Kathy was amazing leading up to the wedding and did a fantastic job making sure everything went smoothly the day of. Couldn't have asked for better service. Would recommend to anyone without hesitation!

Sent on 02/21/2016

Jessica · Married on 02/13/2016

We used Sally for partial planning and day-of services. Having been to more than our fair share of weddings, we knew we wanted a day-of coordinator for our wedding. We anticipated that there would be a few hiccups on the big day, but if there were, we had no idea – and that is just part of what made Sally fabulous! As "Type A" people, we knew what we wanted the day to be like and wanted someone we could trust to take over once the weekend came so that we could enjoy it with all our friends and family who were coming into town. After choosing our venue, we received a list of planners that had previously worked at the space, met with a number of them, spoke to their references (both brides and other vendors), and ultimately felt most comfortable with Sally. She was fantastic to work with and really understood our vision for the day. She was always responsive, whether via text, phone or email, and has an amazing knowledge of the Raleigh wedding arena. She had done many events at our venue and understood the potential challenges of holding an event there – which came in handy when we found out just days before our wedding that a march was scheduled for our wedding day that would prevent anyone (including our vendors) from parking outside the venue. Two weeks before the wedding, Sally took over dealing with our vendors and coordinating the weekend. From our rehearsal, to a welcome event hosted by friends who had also hired Sally, to our ceremony and reception (which required a “flip” of our space and corralling our guests to a separate location at a nearby gallery for cocktail hour), Sally kept things running smoothly, kept our glasses filled (mine with champagne, my husband’s with bourbon & beer), and kept everyone smiling – including our 3 year old flower girl who was about to melt down just prior to the ceremony. We couldn’t have asked for a better person to ensure our day ran smoothly and can’t thank her enough for helping making such a special day so very perfect!

Sent on 05/26/2016

Shawn · Married on 01/16/2016

I was the assistant photographer for a wedding at the Rand-Bryan House. Kathy was the consultant and I just cannot say enough about her professionalism as well as her charming personality. I deal with many vendors of all types and am more than pleased with my experience with her. Whenever anything was needed she was right there. She not only looked out for the needs of the couple and their families (it seemed if I turned around she was somewhere nearby with whatever odd or end that they might need!) but she also catered to the needs of the other vendors as well. What a truly pleasant experience.

Sent on 01/18/2016

Jessica · Married on 01/16/2016

My mom found Sally Oakley Weddings & Events after doing a quick search on WeddingWire and I'm so glad she did! We used them for their day-of services and worked exclusively with Kathy Swope. I seriously can't say enough good things about her! Mrs. Kathy was AMAZING! Her support, organization, and positive attitude made everything run smoothly on our big day. Plus, she was easily accessible. No matter what time or day, she always answered our calls or responded quickly to our emails.

We met with her several times before the actual wedding and she always made sure to be on the same page as my mother and I. She never once questioned what I envisioned for my big day and always went along with my offbeat ideas, which was very important to me.

Thanks to her everyone always knew where they needed to be and what they needed to be doing at both the rehearsal and actually wedding. And most importantly, she took extra care of me and my husband throughout the reception. Mrs. Kathy always made sure we had drinks or food and made sure we stayed on schedule. I would recommend Sally Oakley Weddings & Event to absolutely anyone! And if you decided to use their day-of services, be sure to ask for Kathy!

Sent on 02/16/2016

Sally Oakley Weddings & Events's reply:

Thank you so much Jessica. You are the reason I love my job so much. You were such a beautiful bride and had such a great vision for decor. I loved working with you and your mom so much. I am sure our paths will cross again. I wish you all the happiness that marriage has to offer!

Kate · Married on 12/19/2015

Sally was amazing. I didn't realize how much we needed a wedding planner until we had one. There are so many little things that go into a wedding that you just don't think about, and as a bride I had so much to worry about on my own that it was great to have someone helping me take care of all the little things. If it weren't for Sally I don't think our wedding would have been nearly as beautiful!

Sent on 02/03/2016

Meaghan · Married on 11/07/2015

When we first started wedding planning, Sally's name came up over and over (and over and over) with other vendors. She's very well known in the industry/community and came highly recommended. And she didn't disappoint! From our first meeting, she made me feel comfortable and calm (super important throughout the wedding planning process!). We hired her as a day-of coordinator, but she went above and beyond and answered questions throughout the planning process, recommended other vendors, and checked in with us. I honestly don't know how we would've gotten through the wedding weekend without Sally and Kathy. I loved being able to fully enjoy that weekend and leave the details, organization and directions to this team. I didn't think twice about any of the details because I trusted them so much. The decision to hire Sally was hands down the best investment we made in our wedding!

Sent on 12/05/2015

Casey · Married on 10/24/2015

Sally is fantastic! After reading reviews, Sally was one of the first vendors I booked. She provided vendor recommendations (all excellent) and month-of coordination for our wedding. Sally was super responsive, organized, and knowledgeable leading up to our wedding day. On our wedding weekend, Sally and her assistant Kathy did a phenomenal job with everything from running the rehearsal, to setting up our venue, working with vendors, coaching all of our bridal party on where to be when, and more that we probably were not even aware of. Everything was seamless and so well-organized; we could not have asked for more and were able to truly enjoy our day because we knew Sally and Kathy were taking care of everything! Thank you so much Sally and Kathy!

Sent on 10/31/2015

Sally is the ultimate pro at this! She met with us and had great suggestions and ideas. She knows all the vendors and has good relationships with them. They were all happy to work with her. We had lots of details to attend to and she oversaw everything. I would have those moments where I'd be thinking 'where is the thingy' and Sally would appear with it like magic. She was steps ahead of us and that makes the difference. We never had to ask because Sally was always there with the answer! Great attention to detail, she kept us on time and had everyone in the right place. I highly recommend Sally. You would be wise to have her coordinate your wedding.

Sent on 11/04/2015

Chrysta · Married on 10/09/2015

Loved working with Sally. She totally took the stress out of the planning. Made the day of the event stress free so my daughter, fiancé, grooms family and I totally enjoyed the day

Sent on 10/15/2015

Sally was wonderful to work with! She helped alleviate all of the stress that comes with planning a wedding so that my husband and I could really enjoy the experience. She also has fabulous taste and creative ideas to make your event unique and tailored to you and your partner. Investing in her guidance, skill set, and expertise was well worth it and we ended up with beautiful results. Plus she's just a nice person to know and very supportive. We loved working with her!

Sent on 11/09/2015

Annie · Married on 10/02/2015

Sally Oakley was a wonderful wedding planner! She was attentive, responsible, professional and so nice! Our wedding turned out even more perfect that I could have imagined and I have Sally and her team to thank for that. Would highly recommend!

Sent on 10/25/2015

Heather · Married on 09/25/2015

Sally was our wedding day life savor! We are so glad that we made the decision to get a day-of coordinator and can't even imagine not having Sally! Sally was so easy to work with, very professional, flexible and so knowledgable about the wedding industry. It was such a calming feeling to know that she understood our vision and that we could trust she would have everything under control. Our wedding day hiccup was the rain. It rained all day, which meant we had to be flexible with changing plans and Sally made sure that everything still went seamlessly. Sally not only orchestrated our wedding day by communicating with vendors, following the timeline, making sure everyone was where they needed to be, etc, but she also did so many extra things like making sure we got our food served first so we would have time to eat, made sure that we had drink refills, made sure that we always had an umbrella when outside since it was pouring, made sure to communicate and give us a heads up on dances and cake cutting and so much more. We absolutely recommend Sally and her team and we are so thankful that she took the burden off of us and our parents, so we could all enjoy the day and not have to worry about anything!

Sent on 11/15/2015

YOUR BIG DAY! The most exciting event you will plan for! This can also be one of the most stressful times in your lives. My husband and I knew some of the vendors in the industry and we were still overwhelmed! There are so many different ones to chose from: venue site, caterer, DJ, photographer, flowers, the list goes on... and varying services they offer. The task of finding the perfect vendors to compliment what you and your fiancé want on your wedding day can in of itself make you want to go directly to the courthouse. However, Kathy Swope and Sally Oakley have a wide knowledge and good relations with many top vendors that will fit into any budget. They took all of the stress of out planning and made it all so fun! People kept asking me while we were planning if I was stressed out. I always replied "Absolutely not! I have the best Wedding Planner of all time!"
    Kathy even went out of her way to accommodate my crazy night shift nurse schedule. There were a couple times I had worked the previous night and was tired the next day for the meeting and could not think clearly. Kathy had her own list of questions for the vendor's that covered all of the questions I had and some I never would have thought to ask. This is key! You want someone who will anticipate your needs/wants when planning your special day. Kathy went above and beyond to make sure the vendors we used were going to represent the two of us and what we wanted to share with our precious family and friends. We seriously had the best time planning our wedding and it was by far the absolute BEST day of our lives!

Sent on 11/12/2015