128 Reviews for Sally Oakley Weddings & Events

Full Planning (4)
Cultural (1)
Destination (1)
128 Sally Oakley Weddings & Events Reviews

I worked with Kathy White Swope, one of the lead planners, and she was absolutely amazing! From the moment I sat down with her for our initial meeting to the very end of my wedding day, she provided me with everything I needed for my day to be successful, and for my stress levels to drop tremendously! She gave me excellent advice when I wasn't sure which linens to go with, she set me up with an amazing florist, and she was awesome about making sure all vendors arrived when and where they were supposed to! She gave me (and the bridal party) excellent direction during the rehearsal, and throughout the entire wedding day, and she created an impeccable timeline to make sure the day ran smoothly. She is a very sweet lady with a lot of experience in the wedding planning field, and she will surely help make your special day the best day of your life!!!! I HIGHLY recommend Sally Oakley Weddings, and Kathy in particular!!

Profile Picture Sarah, 11/10/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning
Services Used: Partial Planning, Timelines, To-Do Lists, Referrals, Ceremony, Reception, Rehearsal Dinner

You absolutely want to hire Sally as your wedding planner. Our wedding would not have been the fairytale that it was without her. We were planning our wedding in Durham from New York, and her assistance with finding fantastic vendors and putting everything together was priceless. On the wedding day she made sure everything went smoothly and made sure we had everything we needed throughout. Sally is the best!

Profile Picture Krista, 11/4/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning
Services Used: Day-Of Coord., Full Planning, Timelines, To-Do Lists, Referrals, Ceremony, Reception, Destination, Non-Religious

Sally is the real deal!! She took care of everything I needed, and even the things I didn’t know I needed. She was easily available whenever I needed her and reached out on multiple occasions just to check in. My wedding day was was beyond imaginable. My venue was decorated just as I wanted it. Sally had everyone in place right on time. The day was as stress free as possible. Sally is very hands on and will make sure you get exactly what you want in your wedding day. I would highly highly highly recommend her!!! I can not thank her enough!

Profile Picture Whitney, 10/21/17, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Sally Oakley and Caroline live up to their reputation of being the best in town! They were with us every step of the way, and were always there to provide guidance and insight when needed.

Our wedding day was beautiful, seamless, and more fun than we could have ever imagined and that would not have been possible with out Sally and Caroline!

Profile Picture Dylan, 10/14/17, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning
Services Used: Ceremony, Reception, Non-Religious, Day-Of Coord.

I HIGHLY RECOMMEND THE SERVICES OF Sally Oakley Weddings & Events!! We were thrilled to have them do our wedding on 7 October. They were on top of things from the day we met (weeks before the wedding) right through the day of the wedding and to the end, taking charge so we did not have to worry about "what happens next". Victoria was absolutely wonderful to work - she helped the florist decorate and stayed right till the end to help us packup up the decor we had brought.

Profile Picture Bruce, 10/7/17, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning
Services Used: Day-Of Coord., Partial Planning, Timelines, To-Do Lists, Ceremony, Reception

We hired Sally as a day of coordinator for our October 2017 wedding. She gave us great suggestions for vendors and helped to make the planning process seamless. The timeline meeting was incredibly helpful and really put our minds at ease. It rained the day of our wedding and we had to make a last minute decision to bring the ceremony inside. Sally made this a stress-free and easy decision. In addition is an extremely warm and lovely person and we loved working with her. We were so grateful for her help and cannot recommend her highly enough!

Profile Picture Caitlin, 10/7/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

Hands down the best wedding planning decision we made was having Sally and Victoria for our month-of wedding planners. Leading up to the big day they gave us wonderful vendor recommendations, saved us from unnecessary expenses with planning tips, and gave invaluable advice on herding 100 people throughout the weekend. At our big pre-wedding meeting they helped us go from "oh my goodness how will this ever go smoothly?1" to "I am so excited for this amazing event!" and made the last few weeks before the wedding a happy time instead of a stressful race. And when the actually wedding arrived, they made it go off like clockwork without my husband and I ever having to worry about a thing. Victoria was with us at the rehearsal and the wedding and she went above and beyond several times, finding my parents who were lost on the way to the rehearsal, tracking down a laptop left at the rehearsal dinner, and working with Sally to ensure that the baker got all of her materials back after the wedding when my husband and I had left town and our venue contact went MIA. Truly an amazing team and the nicest people to boot. I would recommend them to anyone who wants to actually enjoy their own wedding!

Profile Picture Sara, 9/23/17, 4 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

Kathy was our day of coordinator for our wedding on Saturday, 9/9/17. Kathy was truly a pleasure to work with! We loved every interaction with her! Her passion for weddings and working with us was evident from the moment we met her. She was incredibly helpful during planning--to our wedding day. Words can't describe how thankful we are to have worked with her. She made our dream wedding a reality. ❤️ It was absolutely amazing!

She and her assistant, Cassie did an awesome job ensuring everything was perfect on the big day!! Wow!! Dream team!

We reflected afterwards about how perfect Kathy's personality is for planning and coordinating weddings...her sweetness shines and she's incredible at executing plans. We can't thank her enough for such an incredible job! Our friends and families raved about her too.

Words can't fully capture how much we loved working with her. We are extremely grateful that she was part of the best day of our lives!

A BIG THANK YOU from the bottom of my heart!

Profile Picture Amanda, 9/9/17, 9 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning
Services Used: Religious, Day-Of Coord., Timelines, Referrals, Ceremony, Reception

We were fortunate enough to have Sally herself as our planner, though I'm sure the rest of her team is just as lovely. The package we chose was for month-of coordination and some design planning services, which was very much needed since we live across the country and were unable to be around much leading up to the wedding. We were in excellent hands though with Sally and our wedding proceeded without a hitch. We chose her because we felt like she had the perfect type-A personality to keep all our vendors organized and manage our own expectations, all with smile and sense of professionalism. And that is exactly what she accomplished! Sally was phenomenal and I wound recommend her to another bride in a heartbeat. Thank you for helping make our day so wonderful!

Profile Picture Melinda, 9/2/17, 1 Review
Category: Unique Services (Other)

I highly recommend Sally Oakley and her team to coordinate your wedding! Sally and Kelsey worked on my daughter's wedding. Megan's wedding was May 27, 2017 at Prestonwood Country Club. They truly took care of everything! The day was perfect! It was everything Megan dreamed it would be.

Profile Picture Diane, 5/27/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

Sally was our wedding planner for almost a year and I HIGHLY recommend her services. She listened to our ideas and made them happen in a way that surpassed any dream we had ever had about how we wanted our big day to play out. She is creative and knows exactly which vendors to line up to meet your needs and wans. She is very detail oriented and on our day-of kept everything smoothly on track. From hair and makeup to food to cake to music to photography to décor to helping us plan the ceremony to end-of-the-evening sparklers, Sally got it all done perfectly. We still have guests tell us how wonderful, fun and creative they found our whole event and that is in large part to Sally's hard work. We could not have done it without her and I assure you that even if you think you can, hiring Sally will only make your special day all that more amazing and stress free!

Profile Picture Steph, 5/20/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

Kathy Swope was such a key to making my wedding day so perfect - she was attentive, proactive, thorough, and empathetic. I can't imagine a better wedding planner. From the get-go she had a plan to note all of our wishes, and then worked to carry them out; she offered her availability by mail/phone/person. She went above and beyond during the wedding day by keeping all the separate moving parts cohesive and running smoothly. Most importantly, she was just SO NICE and genuinely cared about the day and the wedding - she even helped pass out wedding favors at the end, and worked with the photographers in helping set up certain shots. I am absolutely certain I could NOT have had such a wonderful wedding with Kathy being there every step along the way. THANK YOU SO MUCH KATHY!!!

Profile Picture Jenny, 4/30/17, 4 Reviews
Category: Unique Services (Other)

Sally was easy to communicate and work with, had quick responses, was very organized. She thought of every detail, and had great advice when asked. She took over on our special day, so we could just sit back and relax and enjoy it. Highly recommend!

Profile Picture Jennifer, 4/29/17, 4 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

Working with Sally and her team was one of the best decisions/expenditures of our wedding. We did a lot of planning ourselves, and had help from the Duke Chapel coordinator, but even still, Sally, Victoria, and Kelsey were indispensable in helping us plan from out of town. Although we decided to hire a "same-day" coordinator, rather than full planning services, Sally always made us feel like we were a top priority - responding to questions, emails and phone calls incredibly quickly. She provided thoughtful and budget-conscious suggestions and helped out when we were having trouble with non-responsive vendors. And her suggestion for renting a box at the Durham Bulls game for the rehearsal dinner was a huge hit - and totally fit us as a couple. Victoria's and Kelsey's help the night of was invaluable - and unobtrusive. We could tell that they did a lot behind the scenes allowing us to enjoy the evening without worrying about all the minor details. We've since been to two weddings since our own (all in one month!) and at each, when something went wrong, Andrew would say "They should have hired A Victoria." Or "They really needed A Victoria to help with that." or "If they'd had A Victoria, that wouldn't have happened." We cannot thank you enough for all of your help, advice, and support.

Profile Picture Sarah, 4/29/17, 1 Review
Category: Unique Services (Other)

Sally was our day of wedding coordinator through the Carolina Inn. It was such a pleasure working with her! She is organized and excellent at communicating, which was so helpful as I was planning a wedding out of state. She was a great resource for all of the questions I had in planning. She is so sweet and remained calm, helping me manage any minor bumps in the road that came up through the whole process. On the day of everything ran so smoothly. She consistently checked on myself and my mother throughout the night, which we both really appreciated. Thank you Sally! We could not have done it without you!

Profile Picture Emilee, 4/22/17, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

We had Kathy as our day of coordinator. She was fantastic! Organized, responsive and helpful. We could not have done it without her!

Profile Picture Brittney, 2/18/17, 7 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning
Services Used: Non-Religious, Ceremony, Reception, Day-Of Coord.

Working with Suzanne Ledwith of Sally Oakley Weddings and Events was one of the best decisions that my husband and I made. Suzanne made our day rememberable, easy, and care-free. She was very professional, helpful, and overall great to work with. If you are looking for a wedding coordinator to work with in the RDU or Traid area, Suzanne would be the perfect match! Thank you so much!

Profile Picture Tiffany, 11/5/16, 3 Reviews
Services Used: Ceremony, Reception, Rehearsal Dinner

Kathy Swope was my wedding planner from Sally Oakley. I first met Kathy when I went to visit our venue and she was setting up for a wedding. We click from day 1. She just spoke to me; she didn't try to sell me on hiring her. She was very friendly and very professional. She just had this calm demeanor about her and I knew she would be able to handle any craziness from my family. I recently moved to NC and the only person I knew was my sister in law. I ask Kathy to go with us to pick out my wedding dress; that is how much I valued her opinion. When it came time to adjust the food menu; I trusted Kathy's judgement and told her to do it. The menu was perfect. She became a friend to me. I never saw her stressed which was very helpful to me. She responded in a timely manner with all my questions and concerns. I LOVED WORKING WITH KATHY. The ceremony and the reception was just PERFECT!!! I highly recommend getting a wedding planner. Sally Oakey & Kathy Swope will forever be my planner for any events in the future. My wedding was flawless. Thank you KATHY!!!!!

Profile Picture Chirita, 11/4/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

I worked with Kathy Swope from Sally Oakley for my wedding. She did month-of coordination and it was so worth it. She helped to coral the vendors leading up to the event and on the day of. She also created a really detailed timeline to share out with all key parties. Everything on my day ran smoothly and she kept us all on schedule. It was wonderful to be able to relax and enjoy my day without having to worry about time management.

Profile Picture Kelly, 10/29/16, 6 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning
Services Used: Day-Of Coord., Event Design, Partial Planning, Timelines, To-Do Lists, Ceremony, Reception, Rehearsal Dinner, Religious

I cannot say enough great things about Sally Oakley Weddings and Events. My husband and I opted for a day-of coordinator instead of a full-time coordinator, and we were pleasantly surprised at the level of engagement we were provided before the big day! Suzanne was our coordinator, and she absolutely rocked it from start to finish. I personally met with Suzanne a total of 3-4 times in person before our big day to talk about vision for the big day, discussing the layout of the ceremony and reception spaces and making a timeline, and meeting with the reception venue and caterer to hammer out day-of details. On top of our in-person meetings, Suzanne was 100% available via email and was very responsive and proactive in her responses. She kept us on track throughout the planning process and provided me with the confidence to get things done! Everything on our day-of went along without any big issues -- she had coordinated all of the vendors, assured decor was set up in a timely manner, and kept tabs on myself and my husband during the night to see if we needed anything (drinks, food, etc.). Suzanne, you are awesome, and I can't thank you enough for all of your help during this exciting (yet stressful) time!

Profile Picture Meaghan, 10/22/16, 8 Reviews
Services Used: Non-Religious, Ceremony, Reception, Day-Of Coord., Timelines

Sally Oakley did our Wedding in October of 2016. I could not have dreamed it to come out as spectacular as she made it. Everything was taken care of and as I bride I had no worries leading up to the wedding or on the day of. She went above and beyond to make our special day perfect. She was always there to help with recommendations for everything. Thank you so much for making our dream wedding become much more of a reality! It would have not been the same without you.

Profile Picture Heidi, 10/22/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Unique Services (Other)

Sally was an absolute DREAM to work with throughout the planning process!! Hiring her was without a doubt one of the best decisions that we made for our wedding. She made a custom service package for us according to what we needed at our first meeting with her. Throughout the year and a half of our engagement Sally was very responsive to all of our communication via phone and email and was never too busy to answer a question for us. She had invaluable advice for every aspect of the wedding! On the day of the wedding she made our lives stress free and even made sure that we got as much food, drinks, and cake as we wanted. No task was too small for her and she was always asking if we or my family needed anything. Her team members were also great to work with during the ceremony and made sure that there was someone with both the bridal party and groomsmen (making sure everyone was on task!) at all times. We could not recommend hiring Sally enough!

Profile Picture Cathy, 10/15/16, 8 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning
Services Used: Religious, Day-Of Coord., Event Design, Partial Planning, Timelines, Referrals, Ceremony, Reception

Sally Oakley is nothing short of amazing!!! My daughter's wedding at the Merrimon-Wynne House was a fairy tale. Sally worked with us to choose the very best vendors available, directed us throughout the planning stages and made my daughter's day absolutely perfect! Comments from our guests included words like "perfect", "best ever", "most beautiful"-I could go on and on. If Sally is available to help you with your event, hire her! She is highly professional, well-connected and a sweet and wonderful person.

Profile Picture User3439061, 1+ year ago, 3 Reviews
Services Used: Full Planning, Ceremony, Reception

I don't know what we would have done without Sally. She is a professional, she really knows her stuff, and she guided us through everything flawlessly. Day of, she was a rock star and made my day perfect. I am so happy to have worked with her, I truly admire her skill and I would highly recommend her to anyone trying to have the best wedding ever! Thanks Sally!

Profile Picture Kelsey, 10/15/16, 13 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning
Services Used: Religious, Budget Analysis, Day-Of Coord., Event Design, Full Planning, Timelines, To-Do Lists, Referrals, Ceremony, Reception