136 Reviews for Sally Oakley Weddings & Events

Full Planning (4)
Cultural (2)
Destination (1)
136 Sally Oakley Weddings & Events Reviews

I worked with Sally and Victoria and they were both extremely helpful, responded to emails quickly, easy to understand, and they were very good at understanding what the bride and groom wanted. They were also extremely helpful at filling in the gaps where we didn't know what we wanted. Every vendor they suggested were perfect and they seemed to have a good relationship with everyone.

Profile Picture Jessica, 6/30/18, 2 Reviews
Category: Unique Services (Other)

Sally was wonderful to work with. I used her partial wedding planning services, so I had the pleasure of working with her for over a year.

She was so calm and organized throughout our planning and was incredibly helpful from selecting vendors to providing design input and etiquette tips. She helped us have the PERFECT day. We used all of her vendor recommendations, and the team she helped us put together was wonderful; the venue and decor were beautiful (way better than I could have done without her guidance), and she helped me stay calm the month-of and day-of because I knew I was in such good hands. Loved working with Sally and would absolutely recommend her to anyone looking for a wedding coordinator!

Profile Picture Emily, 5/26/18, 2 Reviews
Category: Unique Services (Other)

We chose Sally as our wedding coordinator after several people said she was the best wedding coordinator in North Carolina. They were not wrong! Sally is an extremely professional wedding planner that helped us for MONTHS even though we had signed up for her 'Day Of' package. She answered all of our questions, reached out to all of our vendors, and worked with them on our timeline. Many of our vendors told us they had preferred Sally as coordinator as well. She made sure that our wedding day was spectacular! We love you, Sally!

Profile Picture Chad, 5/20/18, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Sally is wonderful! Made our wedding planning process organized and followed up with us when we fell behind things on our to do list. The best part about hiring Sally was not having to worry or communicate with any vendors on the day of the wedding. She did such a great job organizing everything and keeping people on the timeline that our ceremony was actually ready to go a few minutes early. We as a couple felt so supported and couldn’t have asked for a better wedding planner.

Profile Picture Linda, 4/27/18, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning
Services Used: Cultural, Non-Religious, Ceremony, Reception, Budget Analysis, Day-Of Coord., Partial Planning, Timelines, To-Do Lists, Referrals

I cannot thank Sally and Kelsey enough for helping us put on our incredible wedding! Sally is your go to lady for wedding coordination! She is amazing to work with- her and her team truly care about making your big day be the best it possibly can be and are there to make the whole process efficient and seamless while staying within budget! We hired Sally and Kelsey as our wedding day coordinators which also included several meetings leading up to our big day. They were a huge help with the timeline and aligning all of our vendors prior and on the wedding day they were also a dream to work with! They kept everything running like clockwork in the background so we did not have to stress or worry about anything. They are also great women to be around which is important on your big day and while planning your big day! Sally was very proactive reaching out to myself and our vendors ahead of time making sure everything was taken care of. Thank you Sally and Kelsey! Would recommend them to anyone looking for a wedding planner/ coordinator/ event planner!

Profile Picture Angharad, 4/21/18, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Religious, Day-Of Coord., Timelines, To-Do Lists, Reception

Sally was a recommended vendor from our venue, and she is amazing! I was able to relax and enjoy the day since I knew she had everything under control!

Profile Picture Stephanie, 4/14/18, 3 Reviews
Services Used: Day-Of Coord., Timelines, Referrals, Ceremony, Reception

Sally was awesome! We hired her for our daughter's wedding in April. She suggested great vendors and coordinated the day to a T. Even was cool as there some last minute wardrobe malfunctions :)

Profile Picture Kim, 4/14/18, 8 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

We were lucky enough to be able to work with Sally for our wedding and we couldn’t have done it without her! She made the whole process so much less stressful and pointed us to the best vendors for our day. She helped us with even the tiniest decisions and was super flexible but also down to business. She is a pro and I’d recommend her 100%. Make her team a part of your wedding planning process and you will not regret it!

Profile Picture baylis, 4/7/18, 1 Review
Category: Unique Services (Other)

I worked with Kathy White Swope, one of the lead planners, and she was absolutely amazing! From the moment I sat down with her for our initial meeting to the very end of my wedding day, she provided me with everything I needed for my day to be successful, and for my stress levels to drop tremendously! She gave me excellent advice when I wasn't sure which linens to go with, she set me up with an amazing florist, and she was awesome about making sure all vendors arrived when and where they were supposed to! She gave me (and the bridal party) excellent direction during the rehearsal, and throughout the entire wedding day, and she created an impeccable timeline to make sure the day ran smoothly. She is a very sweet lady with a lot of experience in the wedding planning field, and she will surely help make your special day the best day of your life!!!! I HIGHLY recommend Sally Oakley Weddings, and Kathy in particular!!

Profile Picture Sarah, 11/10/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning
Services Used: Partial Planning, Timelines, To-Do Lists, Referrals, Ceremony, Reception, Rehearsal Dinner

You absolutely want to hire Sally as your wedding planner. Our wedding would not have been the fairytale that it was without her. We were planning our wedding in Durham from New York, and her assistance with finding fantastic vendors and putting everything together was priceless. On the wedding day she made sure everything went smoothly and made sure we had everything we needed throughout. Sally is the best!

Profile Picture Krista, 11/4/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning
Services Used: Day-Of Coord., Full Planning, Timelines, To-Do Lists, Referrals, Ceremony, Reception, Destination, Non-Religious

Sally is the real deal!! She took care of everything I needed, and even the things I didn’t know I needed. She was easily available whenever I needed her and reached out on multiple occasions just to check in. My wedding day was was beyond imaginable. My venue was decorated just as I wanted it. Sally had everyone in place right on time. The day was as stress free as possible. Sally is very hands on and will make sure you get exactly what you want in your wedding day. I would highly highly highly recommend her!!! I can not thank her enough!

Profile Picture Whitney, 10/21/17, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Sally Oakley and Caroline live up to their reputation of being the best in town! They were with us every step of the way, and were always there to provide guidance and insight when needed.

Our wedding day was beautiful, seamless, and more fun than we could have ever imagined and that would not have been possible with out Sally and Caroline!

Profile Picture Dylan, 10/14/17, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning
Services Used: Ceremony, Reception, Non-Religious, Day-Of Coord.

I HIGHLY RECOMMEND THE SERVICES OF Sally Oakley Weddings & Events!! We were thrilled to have them do our wedding on 7 October. They were on top of things from the day we met (weeks before the wedding) right through the day of the wedding and to the end, taking charge so we did not have to worry about "what happens next". Victoria was absolutely wonderful to work - she helped the florist decorate and stayed right till the end to help us packup up the decor we had brought.

Profile Picture Bruce, 10/7/17, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning
Services Used: Day-Of Coord., Partial Planning, Timelines, To-Do Lists, Ceremony, Reception

We hired Sally as a day of coordinator for our October 2017 wedding. She gave us great suggestions for vendors and helped to make the planning process seamless. The timeline meeting was incredibly helpful and really put our minds at ease. It rained the day of our wedding and we had to make a last minute decision to bring the ceremony inside. Sally made this a stress-free and easy decision. In addition is an extremely warm and lovely person and we loved working with her. We were so grateful for her help and cannot recommend her highly enough!

Profile Picture Caitlin, 10/7/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

Hands down the best wedding planning decision we made was having Sally and Victoria for our month-of wedding planners. Leading up to the big day they gave us wonderful vendor recommendations, saved us from unnecessary expenses with planning tips, and gave invaluable advice on herding 100 people throughout the weekend. At our big pre-wedding meeting they helped us go from "oh my goodness how will this ever go smoothly?1" to "I am so excited for this amazing event!" and made the last few weeks before the wedding a happy time instead of a stressful race. And when the actually wedding arrived, they made it go off like clockwork without my husband and I ever having to worry about a thing. Victoria was with us at the rehearsal and the wedding and she went above and beyond several times, finding my parents who were lost on the way to the rehearsal, tracking down a laptop left at the rehearsal dinner, and working with Sally to ensure that the baker got all of her materials back after the wedding when my husband and I had left town and our venue contact went MIA. Truly an amazing team and the nicest people to boot. I would recommend them to anyone who wants to actually enjoy their own wedding!

Profile Picture Sara, 9/23/17, 4 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

Kathy was our day of coordinator for our wedding on Saturday, 9/9/17. Kathy was truly a pleasure to work with! We loved every interaction with her! Her passion for weddings and working with us was evident from the moment we met her. She was incredibly helpful during planning--to our wedding day. Words can't describe how thankful we are to have worked with her. She made our dream wedding a reality. ❤️ It was absolutely amazing!

She and her assistant, Cassie did an awesome job ensuring everything was perfect on the big day!! Wow!! Dream team!

We reflected afterwards about how perfect Kathy's personality is for planning and coordinating weddings...her sweetness shines and she's incredible at executing plans. We can't thank her enough for such an incredible job! Our friends and families raved about her too.

Words can't fully capture how much we loved working with her. We are extremely grateful that she was part of the best day of our lives!

A BIG THANK YOU from the bottom of my heart!

Profile Picture Amanda, 9/9/17, 9 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning
Services Used: Religious, Day-Of Coord., Timelines, Referrals, Ceremony, Reception

We were fortunate enough to have Sally herself as our planner, though I'm sure the rest of her team is just as lovely. The package we chose was for month-of coordination and some design planning services, which was very much needed since we live across the country and were unable to be around much leading up to the wedding. We were in excellent hands though with Sally and our wedding proceeded without a hitch. We chose her because we felt like she had the perfect type-A personality to keep all our vendors organized and manage our own expectations, all with smile and sense of professionalism. And that is exactly what she accomplished! Sally was phenomenal and I wound recommend her to another bride in a heartbeat. Thank you for helping make our day so wonderful!

Profile Picture Melinda, 9/2/17, 1 Review
Category: Unique Services (Other)

I highly recommend Sally Oakley and her team to coordinate your wedding! Sally and Kelsey worked on my daughter's wedding. Megan's wedding was May 27, 2017 at Prestonwood Country Club. They truly took care of everything! The day was perfect! It was everything Megan dreamed it would be.

Profile Picture Diane, 5/27/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

Sally was our wedding planner for almost a year and I HIGHLY recommend her services. She listened to our ideas and made them happen in a way that surpassed any dream we had ever had about how we wanted our big day to play out. She is creative and knows exactly which vendors to line up to meet your needs and wans. She is very detail oriented and on our day-of kept everything smoothly on track. From hair and makeup to food to cake to music to photography to décor to helping us plan the ceremony to end-of-the-evening sparklers, Sally got it all done perfectly. We still have guests tell us how wonderful, fun and creative they found our whole event and that is in large part to Sally's hard work. We could not have done it without her and I assure you that even if you think you can, hiring Sally will only make your special day all that more amazing and stress free!

Profile Picture Steph, 5/20/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

Kathy Swope was such a key to making my wedding day so perfect - she was attentive, proactive, thorough, and empathetic. I can't imagine a better wedding planner. From the get-go she had a plan to note all of our wishes, and then worked to carry them out; she offered her availability by mail/phone/person. She went above and beyond during the wedding day by keeping all the separate moving parts cohesive and running smoothly. Most importantly, she was just SO NICE and genuinely cared about the day and the wedding - she even helped pass out wedding favors at the end, and worked with the photographers in helping set up certain shots. I am absolutely certain I could NOT have had such a wonderful wedding with Kathy being there every step along the way. THANK YOU SO MUCH KATHY!!!

Profile Picture Jenny, 4/30/17, 4 Reviews
Category: Unique Services (Other)

Sally was easy to communicate and work with, had quick responses, was very organized. She thought of every detail, and had great advice when asked. She took over on our special day, so we could just sit back and relax and enjoy it. Highly recommend!

Profile Picture Jennifer, 4/29/17, 4 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

Working with Sally and her team was one of the best decisions/expenditures of our wedding. We did a lot of planning ourselves, and had help from the Duke Chapel coordinator, but even still, Sally, Victoria, and Kelsey were indispensable in helping us plan from out of town. Although we decided to hire a "same-day" coordinator, rather than full planning services, Sally always made us feel like we were a top priority - responding to questions, emails and phone calls incredibly quickly. She provided thoughtful and budget-conscious suggestions and helped out when we were having trouble with non-responsive vendors. And her suggestion for renting a box at the Durham Bulls game for the rehearsal dinner was a huge hit - and totally fit us as a couple. Victoria's and Kelsey's help the night of was invaluable - and unobtrusive. We could tell that they did a lot behind the scenes allowing us to enjoy the evening without worrying about all the minor details. We've since been to two weddings since our own (all in one month!) and at each, when something went wrong, Andrew would say "They should have hired A Victoria." Or "They really needed A Victoria to help with that." or "If they'd had A Victoria, that wouldn't have happened." We cannot thank you enough for all of your help, advice, and support.

Profile Picture Sarah, 4/29/17, 1 Review
Category: Unique Services (Other)

Sally was our day of wedding coordinator through the Carolina Inn. It was such a pleasure working with her! She is organized and excellent at communicating, which was so helpful as I was planning a wedding out of state. She was a great resource for all of the questions I had in planning. She is so sweet and remained calm, helping me manage any minor bumps in the road that came up through the whole process. On the day of everything ran so smoothly. She consistently checked on myself and my mother throughout the night, which we both really appreciated. Thank you Sally! We could not have done it without you!

Profile Picture Emilee, 4/22/17, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

We had Kathy as our day of coordinator. She was fantastic! Organized, responsive and helpful. We could not have done it without her!

Profile Picture Brittney, 2/18/17, 7 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning
Services Used: Non-Religious, Ceremony, Reception, Day-Of Coord.