Sally Oakley Weddings & Events Reviews

Sally Oakley Weddings & Events 6
Sally Oakley Weddings & Events 7

Taylor Brader · Married on 12/08/2018

The best in Raleigh area

Sally is wonderful at what she does and I am positive that my wedding would not have been nearly as stress-free and beautiful without her. Although there were a few hiccups on the day of, she adapted and made things so perfect that I didn't even notice. In fact, some of her last minute changes may have been more beautiful than what I had planned myself. We did a lot of DIY elements, and she was super flexible about these and with helping clear then out of the venue afterwards. On the day of, she was expertly behind the scenes making things run smoothly, but was amazing at staying out of the way. She is so friendly, so talented, and so organized. The best money I spent was hiring her!

Laura · Married on 12/08/2018

Here's your key to the perfect wedding! Promise!

Do not hesitate to ask Kathy Swope (of Sally Oakley Weddings and Events) to help with your wedding/wedding reception! She is absolutely the most creative, detail-oriented, attentive, accessible, and most CALMING person you could possibly find to assist with your wedding/reception planning and day of coordination. And Kathy is so flexible! As her clients, we were able to do some planning on our own and count on Kathy to polish up our efforts. At other times, we could count on Kathy to take care of planning specifics about which we were less informed (or frankly, those that were just less fun to plan!). Kathy left no stone unturned. My daughter and I found ourselves wondering what all the wedding planning hubbub is all about! Everything seemed absolutely effortless. Even the day of the wedding was relaxing, calm and enjoyable. Kathy truly took care of everything! Throwing a wedding was a piece of cake with Kathy. And...the wedding was absolutely perfect!

Susanna · Married on 11/17/2018

Kathy is the BEST!

We worked with Kathy Swope of Sally Oakley for our wedding on November 17th and were absolutely amazed with her knowledge, calm demeanor, and her abilities. We absolutely LOVED working with Kathy over the past six months. She is incredibly prompt with responses and has an amazing network of contacts for all of your possible wedding needs. She was professional and personable and made us feel so secure about our timeline and made sure each and every detail was perfect. Kathy is truly the best investment you can make for your wedding. We have already recommended her services for one of our best friend's weddings and they're having the same exact experience with her. We love you Kathy!!!

Katie · Married on 11/03/2018

Do yourself a favor a hire Kathy!

Kathy was our day-of coordinator from Sally Oakley - but honestly she was so much more than that! Right away we felt completely comfortable with Kathy and much more at ease about the planning process. The first (of many) great things about Kathy, was that she still booked us a year out from our wedding even for day-of services. Other planners we spoke with said they would only book coordination clients 3-6 months out from the wedding date in order to remain available to potential full service clients. Even though we initially hired Kathy for coordination services, we ultimately added additional services where we felt we needed the most help. Kathy helped us with budgeting, floor plans, picking out linens and table settings, and was a GREAT resource for referrals! We're both young professionals and Kathy always made herself available around our schedule and really helped to make the planning process as stress free as possible. When it came to the wedding day, Kathy's organization and calm presence really allowed us to focus on enjoying the day with our friends and family rather than worry about how everything was getting set up or running. Even the bridal party was complimenting us on how awesome Kathy was! The next day, when we realized that the officiant didn't signed our marriage license, Kathy came to our house, picked it up, and drove to the next city over to the officiant's church so that we wouldn't have to worry about it as we packed and left for our honeymoon. Truly some of the best money we spent on our wedding! Thank you, Kathy!!

Lindsay · Married on 09/29/2018

From the first meeting , Sally knew what we wanted for our wedding and moving forward, she provided us with the absolute best team of vendors that made our wedding day perfect. Sally was loyal and protective of our vision and because of that things went as smoothly as possible throughout the entire process. I can honestly say that planning my wedding was the LEAST STRESSFUL part of everything and that is because of Sally. She is the absolute best!

C_Smoak · Married on 09/28/2018

Sally Oakley is an Excellent Wedding Planner!

We hired Sally Oakley for her month of/day of service and it was a fantastic value! Sally and her team are professional, compassionate and will expertly manage as much of the wedding details that you would like! She also has a fantastic relationship with area vendors which is critical to a successful event!

• Mary

Mary Catherine Smoak · Married on 09/28/2018

The Smoak/McCall Wedding

Working with Sally & her team was absolutely amazing. She took care of contacting & coordinating with all the vendors which was a huge weight off our shoulders. She was always flexible and available to answer even the smallest and I'm sure tedious questions. She didn't ever show any worries or concerns about anything and was definitely honest when we needed her opinion. She was never over bearing and didn't take over the event but more supported it. From the response time, organization, timelines, coordination, etc. there's definitely a reason everyone told me she was the best and it was true she couldn't have been more perfect! Our big day went off without a hitch and we credit a huge portion of that to Salley!

Julia · Married on 09/21/2018

We had the pure joy of working with Kathy Swope for a year before our big day. She was a joy to work with and pulled everything together seamlessly. To say she is amazing is an understatement. I hate planning anything and she was great about having me choose between two or three options within our budget for all of our vendors. The wedding itself was more beautiful and elegant than I ever could have imagained and was truly the best day of our lives. Thanks again, Kathy, for everything!!!

Allie · Married on 09/15/2018

My day-of coordinator, Victoria, was absolutely wonderful. She was friendly, organized, and very professional. Victoria was quick to communicate back and forth and made sure our day went smoothly. I loved working with her and don't know what I would've done without her!

Katherine · Married on 09/15/2018

Wonderful planner

Kathy Swope was our day-of planner for our wedding. She did an excellent job at every step of the way. Kathy is kind, patient, and so easy to work with. As we were going through the planning process, she was quick to respond to emails, attentive to details, and always organized. What was more, she helped coordinate a last-minute change of reception venue in the midst of a hurricane coming to our area. We were so appreciative of all her help to help our vendors and officiants shift gears. She was instrumental to helping make our wedding a beautiful, special day.

Katherine · Married on 09/01/2018

Sally is great!

Sally was wonderful to work with both leading up to and on the day of our wedding! I loved that she had done a lot of weddings at my venue before and therefore knew the space and options really well. I also appreciated how she respected that I had a pretty specific vision of what I wanted from the beginning but was there along the way to recommend vendors that I was still deciding on, to "gut check" various proposals, and to keep me on-schedule with my planning. She was consistently pleasant to be around, helpful, and responsive to my numerous questions via email. I would absolutely recommend her!

Laura · Married on 08/25/2018

Sally Oakley was our day of wedding coordinator, and hiring her was the best decision we made in planning our wedding. For starters, she recommended a line up of top-notch vendors who allowed our wedding day to go seamlessly. She helped calm my nerves when I was fretting and prompted me to think about key details well in advance, which made everything to come together without last-minute stress or drama. Sally also put together a helpful detailed timeline for our day and did a phenomenal job running our rehearsal and wedding day. I would highly recommend Sally Oakley!

• O

Olivia · Married on 07/21/2018

Sally did such a great job! From creating a detailed timeline, to answering all of the many questions we had leading up to the wedding weekend, to making sure everything was perfect on our special day, I didn't have to worry about anything! We loved working with Sally and highly recommend her to anyone that needs a wedding coordinator!

Elisabeth · Married on 07/14/2018

Great all around! Could not have been more happy with Sally an her team. Every question answered, every possible issue thought of, and a pleasure to work with!

Gwyn · Married on 07/14/2018

Hired Sally for my daughter’s wedding and couldn’t have done it without her! She was a tremendous help with timelines, vendors and guests. Highly recommend.

Jessica · Married on 06/30/2018

I worked with Sally and Victoria and they were both extremely helpful, responded to emails quickly, easy to understand, and they were very good at understanding what the bride and groom wanted. They were also extremely helpful at filling in the gaps where we didn't know what we wanted. Every vendor they suggested were perfect and they seemed to have a good relationship with everyone.

Elizabete · Married on 06/30/2018

Sally was wonderful to work with. We were not going to get a wedding planner but the venue required one for day of. My daughter reached out to Sally and got a good feeling and it was wonderful working with her. Victoria did day of and she was great super organized always there when we had a question or needed something. She made everything run super smoothly. We were very happy with her suggestions and all her hard work. Would definitely recommend Sally and Victoria.

Emily · Married on 05/26/2018

Sally was wonderful to work with. I used her partial wedding planning services, so I had the pleasure of working with her for over a year.

She was so calm and organized throughout our planning and was incredibly helpful from selecting vendors to providing design input and etiquette tips. She helped us have the PERFECT day. We used all of her vendor recommendations, and the team she helped us put together was wonderful; the venue and decor were beautiful (way better than I could have done without her guidance), and she helped me stay calm the month-of and day-of because I knew I was in such good hands. Loved working with Sally and would absolutely recommend her to anyone looking for a wedding coordinator!

Dana · Married on 05/26/2018

I can not begin to tell you what Kathy Swope, our "day-of-coordinator" with Sally Oakey Wedding & Events meant to us on my daughter's wedding day!! We were able to relax and enjoy the whole day thanks to everything she took care of for us!!

Chad · Married on 05/20/2018

We chose Sally as our wedding coordinator after several people said she was the best wedding coordinator in North Carolina. They were not wrong! Sally is an extremely professional wedding planner that helped us for MONTHS even though we had signed up for her 'Day Of' package. She answered all of our questions, reached out to all of our vendors, and worked with them on our timeline. Many of our vendors told us they had preferred Sally as coordinator as well. She made sure that our wedding day was spectacular! We love you, Sally!

Linda · Married on 04/27/2018

Sally is wonderful! Made our wedding planning process organized and followed up with us when we fell behind things on our to do list. The best part about hiring Sally was not having to worry or communicate with any vendors on the day of the wedding. She did such a great job organizing everything and keeping people on the timeline that our ceremony was actually ready to go a few minutes early. We as a couple felt so supported and couldn’t have asked for a better wedding planner.

Angharad · Married on 04/21/2018

I cannot thank Sally and Kelsey enough for helping us put on our incredible wedding! Sally is your go to lady for wedding coordination! She is amazing to work with- her and her team truly care about making your big day be the best it possibly can be and are there to make the whole process efficient and seamless while staying within budget! We hired Sally and Kelsey as our wedding day coordinators which also included several meetings leading up to our big day. They were a huge help with the timeline and aligning all of our vendors prior and on the wedding day they were also a dream to work with! They kept everything running like clockwork in the background so we did not have to stress or worry about anything. They are also great women to be around which is important on your big day and while planning your big day! Sally was very proactive reaching out to myself and our vendors ahead of time making sure everything was taken care of. Thank you Sally and Kelsey! Would recommend them to anyone looking for a wedding planner/ coordinator/ event planner!

Sally Oakley Weddings & Events 16
    Sally Oakley Weddings & Events 17
    Sally Oakley Weddings & Events 18
    Sally Oakley Weddings & Events 19

Stephanie · Married on 04/14/2018

Sally was a recommended vendor from our venue, and she is amazing! I was able to relax and enjoy the day since I knew she had everything under control!

Kim · Married on 04/14/2018

Sally was awesome! We hired her for our daughter's wedding in April. She suggested great vendors and coordinated the day to a T. Even was cool as there some last minute wardrobe malfunctions :)