Sally Oakley Weddings & Events Reviews

Sally Oakley Weddings & Events 6
Sally Oakley Weddings & Events 7

Ashlyn D. · Getting married on 01/05/2021

Day of coordinator

Helped me make realistic choices regarding timeline. Always responsive. Very sweet and organized. Made my day run smoothly and no one came to me with questions on the day of!

Sent on 06/11/2019
  • Haley

Haley Nixon · Getting married on 08/04/2020

Sally is outstanding!

Sally was nothing short of amazing! From the time I hired Sally, the accessible communication with her throughout the planning process and day of coordinating was great. If I needed an opinion or help making a decision, Sally always led me in the right direction. She kept my planning timeline on time and set up all appointments (ex: florist, cake, food tasting, venue) months in advance. I personally was blown away at how smooth Sally made my wedding planning and more importantly my wedding day. I would recommend Sally to anyone who is looking for a wedding planner with great customer service, attention to every detail, punctuality, and ability to suggest options to brides that fit their vision and budget. Sally is hands down the best wedding planner there is, fair and square!

Sent on 05/21/2019

Emily · Married on 08/31/2019

Excellent Experience!

It was a pleasure working with Sally Oakley! She ensured our wedding day ran smoothly and on schedule. She was responsive and supportive in the planning process and provided suggestions to make our wedding day unique.

Sent on 04/11/2019

tenzweil@gmail.com · Married on 08/10/2019

Don't go at this alone- get the best help out there!

Could not have done it without Sally! From early planning questions to logistics to behind the scenes work the day of to make everything move smoothly, Sally was there. She is truly a professional in the field and her know-how and expertise is invaluable. With Sally at the helm, your wedding will go down without a hitch!!

Sent on 09/17/2019
  • Mary

Mary · Married on 08/09/2019

Sally is the BEST decision you can make!

Hiring Sally was the best decision we could have made for our wedding planning process. We had Sally as our month-of wedding planner and was such a relief to have her when the wedding rolled around. It was such a joy that neither of our mothers were running around the day of the wedding, they got to sit back relax and enjoy the day. Which by the way, the day went absolutely flawlessly!!! Another thing that really stood out to us about Sally was that every single vendor we hired, when they found out Sally was our wedding planner, became very excited and had amazing things to say about her. Sally has so much experience, amazing ideas and connections throughout the industry. She is also one of the sweetest people I have ever met. Sally is amazing if you are getting married and planning a wedding you need her!

Sent on 09/18/2019

Sarah · Married on 07/27/2019

Wonderful wedding planner experience

Kathy was absolutely wonderful to work with in planning our wedding. She took my vision for the wedding and brought it to life seamlessly--really even better than I could have articulated it. Kathy designed the layout for our entire reception and helped us select vendors and items to bring it together. She offered honest opinions that helped us prioritize what we needed for the wedding, and was spot on with every suggestion. I had absolutely zero stress the weekend of the wedding because I knew everything was under control and that if something unexpected did happen, Kathy would handle it. I truly enjoyed working with Kathy and can't recommend her enough!

Sent on 08/28/2019
  • Lauren

Lauren · Married on 06/28/2019

Book her ASAP!

Sally Oakley is outstanding at her job, and she made my wedding day absolute perfection! I used her 'Month-of' coordinating services, but she was accessible to answer any questions and give recommendations as soon as I booked her, over a year out. She made everyone feel at ease and made sure everyone involved in the wedding knew what to do and when to do it. She is extremely professional, and my husband and I are still so impressed and grateful for how easy she made our big day!

Sent on 07/17/2019
  • Hilary

Hilary Andron · Married on 06/08/2019

Sally is truly amazing!

We got married at the Carolina Inn in June and they introduced me to Sally and her team. I met Sally fairly early in the planning process and in one minute I immediately felt her warmth and kindness and knowledge and felt like a weight was lifted off of my shoulders. As we led up to the day itself, Sally always reached out at the perfect time and I knew that all of the fine details were going to be taken care of. She's so organized and has a soothing way about her that makes you feel like everything is going to be okay. As simple as that sounds, it's so important when it comes to your (my!) own wedding! Our rehearsal was handled perfectly and I went to sleep at night with a sense of peace, just not worried about the big day.
    On the day of, everyone involved in the wedding knew where they had to be and when and Sally and her team somehow made it so easy and fun! I didn't receive one text or phone call from a vendor asking where they needed to be or when. I almost feel guilty because I feel like I didn't do anything. When it was my time to head towards my groom, Sally personally got me from my room while her team corralled everyone else, and as I mentioned, there was something so soothing about having her walk with me towards the aisle. I think a lot of brides don't even realize how nervous they are, but a lot of that went away just by having her there by my side.
    One more thing to add - I will always appreciate what might seem like the littler things but something took another level of stress away... wedding gifts, my veil, guest book, change of shoes, cake stand, etc. miraculously disappeared towards the end of the night and were placed as promised in my room. It was amazing, and such a personal touch.
    Thank you Sally and team for making our day so special and unbelievably seamless. We don't know how you did it, and Rob and I are forever grateful.

Sent on 07/13/2019
    Sally Oakley Weddings & Events 13
    Sally Oakley Weddings & Events 14
    Sally Oakley Weddings & Events 15

Margot · Married on 05/25/2019

Kathy was wonderful and so helpful!

Kathy was absolutely fantastic to work with!! I hired her as a day-of coordinator so I was really impressed at how involved she actually was for several months leading up to the wedding. As soon as she was hired (over a year before the wedding), Kathy was always available by email for recommendations or to look at vendor contracts. She knows every facet of the wedding business so well that she helped to point out things to plan that I hadn't even considered! She was so kind, helpful, communicative and organized throughout the process--I truly couldn't have done it without her! Kathy communicated with all the vendors and made sure everything ran smoothly on the day of the wedding, which took so much stress away from me, my husband and my family so we could enjoy the day. I absolutely loved working with Kathy and recommend her so highly!

Sent on 07/09/2019

Kristin · Married on 05/11/2019

Fantastic asset for every bride!

We hired Sally as our day of coordinator primarily because our venue required us to have one. That being said, I’d hire her again and again. She was fantastic and took all the stress out of the wedding week. Even though we only hired her for her coordinator services, she really went above and beyond to help us throughout the planning process as well, answering any questions I had and even reaching out to vendors for me well before day-of. She kept me calm on the wedding day and checked in regularly to make sure I knew what to do next. I can’t say enough good things and I would encourage anyone who doesn’t already have a day-or coordinator to hire one. She really was a lifesaver.

Sent on 05/21/2019
  • Kylie

Kylie · Married on 04/13/2019

Amazing Experience

Sally and her team were AMAZING! I was extremely busy due to work and other obligations in the months leading up to my wedding and if it were not for Sally I would not have been able to manage. My wedding day was absolutely perfect and it was all because of her diligent planning and expert management of my various vendors. In addition to being great wedding planners, Sally and her team are super sweet and a lot of fun to work with!

Sent on 07/08/2019

Amy · Married on 03/23/2019

Wonderful event

Kathy worked with us and was absolutely wonderful. She was patient, kind and reassuring. She made the process much less stressful. She was always quick to respond to my emails and there were plenty. She helped pack up all my belongings after the wedding so that we were finished and home 40 min after the couple left. Very efficient. Thank you again for everything!!
    Mother of the bride.

Sent on 04/11/2019

Janey Hunter · Married on 03/15/2019

Easy going, detail oriented, personable

Sally was very easy to work with. She knew our timeline and our vendors. She removed all stress one might associate with a wedding reception. She handled all details effortlessly. I would highly recommend Sally.

Sent on 03/27/2019

Taylor Brader · Married on 12/08/2018

The best in Raleigh area

Sally is wonderful at what she does and I am positive that my wedding would not have been nearly as stress-free and beautiful without her. Although there were a few hiccups on the day of, she adapted and made things so perfect that I didn't even notice. In fact, some of her last minute changes may have been more beautiful than what I had planned myself. We did a lot of DIY elements, and she was super flexible about these and with helping clear then out of the venue afterwards. On the day of, she was expertly behind the scenes making things run smoothly, but was amazing at staying out of the way. She is so friendly, so talented, and so organized. The best money I spent was hiring her!

Sent on 12/18/2018

Laura · Married on 12/08/2018

Here's your key to the perfect wedding! Promise!

Do not hesitate to ask Kathy Swope (of Sally Oakley Weddings and Events) to help with your wedding/wedding reception! She is absolutely the most creative, detail-oriented, attentive, accessible, and most CALMING person you could possibly find to assist with your wedding/reception planning and day of coordination. And Kathy is so flexible! As her clients, we were able to do some planning on our own and count on Kathy to polish up our efforts. At other times, we could count on Kathy to take care of planning specifics about which we were less informed (or frankly, those that were just less fun to plan!). Kathy left no stone unturned. My daughter and I found ourselves wondering what all the wedding planning hubbub is all about! Everything seemed absolutely effortless. Even the day of the wedding was relaxing, calm and enjoyable. Kathy truly took care of everything! Throwing a wedding was a piece of cake with Kathy. And...the wedding was absolutely perfect!

Sent on 01/07/2019

Susanna · Married on 11/17/2018

Kathy is the BEST!

We worked with Kathy Swope of Sally Oakley for our wedding on November 17th and were absolutely amazed with her knowledge, calm demeanor, and her abilities. We absolutely LOVED working with Kathy over the past six months. She is incredibly prompt with responses and has an amazing network of contacts for all of your possible wedding needs. She was professional and personable and made us feel so secure about our timeline and made sure each and every detail was perfect. Kathy is truly the best investment you can make for your wedding. We have already recommended her services for one of our best friend's weddings and they're having the same exact experience with her. We love you Kathy!!!

Sent on 11/26/2018

Katie · Married on 11/03/2018

Do yourself a favor a hire Kathy!

Kathy was our day-of coordinator from Sally Oakley - but honestly she was so much more than that! Right away we felt completely comfortable with Kathy and much more at ease about the planning process. The first (of many) great things about Kathy, was that she still booked us a year out from our wedding even for day-of services. Other planners we spoke with said they would only book coordination clients 3-6 months out from the wedding date in order to remain available to potential full service clients. Even though we initially hired Kathy for coordination services, we ultimately added additional services where we felt we needed the most help. Kathy helped us with budgeting, floor plans, picking out linens and table settings, and was a GREAT resource for referrals! We're both young professionals and Kathy always made herself available around our schedule and really helped to make the planning process as stress free as possible. When it came to the wedding day, Kathy's organization and calm presence really allowed us to focus on enjoying the day with our friends and family rather than worry about how everything was getting set up or running. Even the bridal party was complimenting us on how awesome Kathy was! The next day, when we realized that the officiant didn't signed our marriage license, Kathy came to our house, picked it up, and drove to the next city over to the officiant's church so that we wouldn't have to worry about it as we packed and left for our honeymoon. Truly some of the best money we spent on our wedding! Thank you, Kathy!!

Sent on 12/18/2018

Lindsay · Married on 09/29/2018

From the first meeting , Sally knew what we wanted for our wedding and moving forward, she provided us with the absolute best team of vendors that made our wedding day perfect. Sally was loyal and protective of our vision and because of that things went as smoothly as possible throughout the entire process. I can honestly say that planning my wedding was the LEAST STRESSFUL part of everything and that is because of Sally. She is the absolute best!

Sent on 10/10/2018

C_Smoak · Married on 09/28/2018

Sally Oakley is an Excellent Wedding Planner!

We hired Sally Oakley for her month of/day of service and it was a fantastic value! Sally and her team are professional, compassionate and will expertly manage as much of the wedding details that you would like! She also has a fantastic relationship with area vendors which is critical to a successful event!

Sent on 10/22/2018
  • Mary

Mary Catherine Smoak · Married on 09/28/2018

The Smoak/McCall Wedding

Working with Sally & her team was absolutely amazing. She took care of contacting & coordinating with all the vendors which was a huge weight off our shoulders. She was always flexible and available to answer even the smallest and I'm sure tedious questions. She didn't ever show any worries or concerns about anything and was definitely honest when we needed her opinion. She was never over bearing and didn't take over the event but more supported it. From the response time, organization, timelines, coordination, etc. there's definitely a reason everyone told me she was the best and it was true she couldn't have been more perfect! Our big day went off without a hitch and we credit a huge portion of that to Salley!

Sent on 11/05/2018

Julia · Married on 09/21/2018

We had the pure joy of working with Kathy Swope for a year before our big day. She was a joy to work with and pulled everything together seamlessly. To say she is amazing is an understatement. I hate planning anything and she was great about having me choose between two or three options within our budget for all of our vendors. The wedding itself was more beautiful and elegant than I ever could have imagained and was truly the best day of our lives. Thanks again, Kathy, for everything!!!

Sent on 10/09/2018

Allie · Married on 09/15/2018

My day-of coordinator, Victoria, was absolutely wonderful. She was friendly, organized, and very professional. Victoria was quick to communicate back and forth and made sure our day went smoothly. I loved working with her and don't know what I would've done without her!

Sent on 09/28/2018

Katherine · Married on 09/15/2018

Wonderful planner

Kathy Swope was our day-of planner for our wedding. She did an excellent job at every step of the way. Kathy is kind, patient, and so easy to work with. As we were going through the planning process, she was quick to respond to emails, attentive to details, and always organized. What was more, she helped coordinate a last-minute change of reception venue in the midst of a hurricane coming to our area. We were so appreciative of all her help to help our vendors and officiants shift gears. She was instrumental to helping make our wedding a beautiful, special day.

Sent on 11/03/2018

Katherine · Married on 09/01/2018

Sally is great!

Sally was wonderful to work with both leading up to and on the day of our wedding! I loved that she had done a lot of weddings at my venue before and therefore knew the space and options really well. I also appreciated how she respected that I had a pretty specific vision of what I wanted from the beginning but was there along the way to recommend vendors that I was still deciding on, to "gut check" various proposals, and to keep me on-schedule with my planning. She was consistently pleasant to be around, helpful, and responsive to my numerous questions via email. I would absolutely recommend her!

Sent on 10/18/2018

Laura · Married on 08/25/2018

Sally Oakley was our day of wedding coordinator, and hiring her was the best decision we made in planning our wedding. For starters, she recommended a line up of top-notch vendors who allowed our wedding day to go seamlessly. She helped calm my nerves when I was fretting and prompted me to think about key details well in advance, which made everything to come together without last-minute stress or drama. Sally also put together a helpful detailed timeline for our day and did a phenomenal job running our rehearsal and wedding day. I would highly recommend Sally Oakley!

Sent on 08/28/2018