Sally Oakley Weddings & Events Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2012 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2011 Winner

Coleen O. Married on 06/11/2022

Perfect Day

Mandi was accommodating and organized. We really appreciated the attention to detail. It made our day effortless.
  • Katherine
    Katherine O. Married on 05/07/2022

Mandi was a pleasure to work with throughout the entire process. She was always available and ready to assist us with whatever we needed.

We highly recommend Sally Oakley Weddings & Events and would encourage anyone looking for a wedding planner to contact them.
  • Megan
    Megan B. Married on 04/24/2022

Sally Oakley

It was great working with Sally. The venue I used required for us to have a coordinator. Sally and I met a few times. Exchanged a couple of emails here an there. Made sure that things ran smoothly on the big day. She is a great value for her services.
    Caitlin C. Married on 12/04/2021

Amazing work!

Sally did an exceptional job helping us plan for our wedding. The week of the event, I was not feeling overwhelmed because Sally handled all of the leadup and timelining communications with our vendors. In addition, Day-Of, my mom and I were able to enjoy ourselves while Sally took care of EVERYTHING. She is truly wonderful--I cannot recommend her enough!
    Brittni G. Married on 10/29/2021

Sally is the absolute best! She made our wedding day seem effortless.

Sally is an absolute professional! She is prepared and reliable with years of wedding and event planning experience to back her up. She truly loves what she does and it shows. During the planning process she gave us her honest opinion about what would look and work best. Which made us feel comfortable to know that she had our best interests in mind. She made our wedding day so incredibly special and it by without a single hiccup. We highly recommend her for any and all of your wedding planning/coordinating needs!
    Megan O. Married on 09/04/2021

Excellent!

Our coordinator Mandi was incredible to work with! She was available anytime, day or night, by phone or text to answer my questions or help me adjust to changes as they came. She was also willing to attend any and all vendor appointments with me, and had excellent advice and recommendations on how to make the day personal for me, my fiance, and our families. We could not have done it without her! She made the day of the wedding so smooth and relaxing. Would highly recommend Sally Oakley weddings to any bride!
    Cassandra P. Married on 08/09/2021

A Warm Hug On Your Wedding Day

Sally and her associates are absolutely AMAZING! When I was researching my wedding day planner, I was told "working with Sally is like getting a warm hug on your wedding day." She was fantastic to work with leading up to my wedding. Always organized, great ideas, and seamless details! I worked with Mandi on my wedding day due to having to change my date a few times. She was WONDERFUL! If anything went wrong, I had no clue about it. She made sure my day was fun, relaxing, and stress free for me. Her attention to detail and ensuring everything was in place and on time was everything I could have asked for! If you want to feel like you are getting a warm hug all day on your wedding day, this is your planner!
    Betty F. Married on 07/24/2021

One of my best decisions

Sally was a life saver for this mother of the bride and I highly recommend her. She kept us organized every step of the way and helped me focus on the important things while assuring me that some of the things I was stressing about would take care of themselves. She knows all the area venues and vendors. If something goes wrong she knows how to respond. She coordinates everything down to smallest details. We were in very good hands with Sally.
    Christi B. Married on 05/22/2021

Best of the Best

Sally Oakley is perfection. She has an impeccable, professional relationship with all her vendors which is invaluable to the bride, groom and families. Every issue that arose was handled by her with ease leaving all feeling relieved not frustrated. My daughter and I actually missed our conversations and other communications with Sally after the wedding. Both my daughter and myself were out of state and we absolutely could not have done this without Sally steering all things. My daughter had the wedding she wanted but Sally made it all possible. And I as the mother of the bride came away feeling Sally and all her vendors were old, dependable friends. Everyone involved in the wedding came away so impressed with her calm attention to details from the sideline. If you are ready to choose your planner, stop looking and choose Sally Oakley. I would choose her team again without hesitation.
  • Lizzie
    Lizzie S. Married on 03/08/2021

HIGHLY Recommend Sally As A Wedding Planner!

I can't say enough good things about Sally! Our wedding was originally scheduled for April 2020 until the COVID-19 pandemic hit and all of our plans had to change. She helped us navigate postponing our wedding and then helped us replan a small celebration a few months later, which turned out to be perfect. Not only is Sally extremely organized, but she is very communicative and responsive which I really appreciated during such a stressful time. Her years of experience in the wedding industry is so evident, and she made us feel so much more at ease on our big day. All we had to do was sit back and soak it all in while she handled all the details and logistics. Beyond that, she is such a sweet person and is extremely easy to work with. I would HIGHLY recommend Sally as a wedding planner!!
    Kat Married on 03/01/2021

Thank you, Sally!

Sally was amazing! We hired her later in the wedding planning process to help with design and day-of-wedding coordination. From the first conversation to the end of the wedding, Sally was wonderful to work with. She is poised, organized, responsive, and friendly! She also keeps calm--she put me at ease when things needed to change last minute. Sally is on her game and always thinking a few steps ahead. Our wedding day was executed flawlessly and it was perfect. Thank you, Sally!
    Ashlyn Married on 01/05/2021

Day of coordinator

Helped me make realistic choices regarding timeline. Always responsive. Very sweet and organized. Made my day run smoothly and no one came to me with questions on the day of!
    Kathryn T. Married on 11/21/2020

Professional & Excellent! 100% recommend!

We loved working with Sally for our big day. I am so thankful she was on our team through all of the COVID plan changes - she kept a level head and helped us take the steps we needed to have an amazing day.

She was also wonderful on the day of the wedding - she helped with anything we needed and we had the best night of our lives. Would definitely recommend her to any of my friends :)
    Ellen C. Married on 11/07/2020

Highly recommend

Sally was the ideal day of wedding planner our event. She took time to thoroughly understand our vision and pick up all the things we had planned to ensure they were executed on our wedding date. She was also available to answer questions and provide us with guidance. Our wedding party loved working with her during the rehearsal! She offers multiple options so that all budgets & needs are addressed. We highly recommend booking Sally & her team to help plan your wedding in whatever capacity you need.
    Tara U. Married on 10/10/2020

My New Best Friend

I thought I was such an organized person that I didn’t need a wedding planner or day of coordinator. I could not have been more wrong! Due to Covid, our original plan of 100-120 guests was downsized to 10 people. The week of the wedding, my brother and his family got Covid and we had to cancel.

As we contacted all of our vendors, we were so worried that our family would get very sick. Kathy took the time to call and check on how we were doing - emotionally - and assured us that she’d be there when the time was right. We rescheduled, and as luck would have it, a family member was gravely ill and we had to cancel again, this time two weeks before our second wedding date.

We finally made it down the aisle in March of 2022 with 70 guests and Kathy was beyond amazing. She kept a sense of humor about all of our crazy changes and she never hesitated to help and always gave suggestions when I asked. Kathy was able to think of details we never would have thought of, and the day of our wedding went off without a hitch, or so we thought. Kathy and Amanda did such a phenomenal job the day of our wedding that we didn’t even know that one of our guests had a severe allergic reaction during the reception.

I had texted Kathy the day after the wedding to thank her for everything and she asked if we could talk. I got so worried that someone was rude to her, but she assured me she was okay and told me about my friend getting sick. I had no idea because those that knew swore to keep it a secret so I wouldn’t get worried and potentially leave my reception to help her. Kathy took the time to drive my friend to her hotel and made the hotel check on her throughout the night. That kind of thing is not written in a contract; she is just a good soul who went out of her way to help someone. Although the wedding was better than we could have ever imagined, I’m sad it’s over because I don’t have my chats with Kathy anymore. She is pure professionalism and grace and she has the absolute perfect personality to handle anyone’s nerves or anxiety.

Do yourself a favor and contact Sally Oakley Wedding and Events. It is worth every single penny. You’ll sleep better, knowing they have your back.
  • Sarah
    Sarah Married on 09/19/2020

Absolutely Worth It!

I can't say enough positive things about Sally Oakley Weddings & Events! Although my husband and I only booked day-of coordination, we got so much more than that. I'm admittedly particular about how I want things done and I was not let down by the service.

I worked with Kathy Swope for almost two years due to a pandemic postponement. She always made herself available to answer questions by phone or email and helped with so many aspects of wedding planning that I was oblivious to. Kathy would also check in with me periodically just to make sure there was nothing I needed from her. Cut to our wedding day - Kathy was the MVP. Apparently there were a few hiccups leading up to the ceremony but Kathy made sure I was none the wiser. She made sure everything was handled and in order before our ceremony began and made sure we stayed on schedule the entire evening. Kathy could not have been more helpful from the day we signed our contract to the moment we walked out of our venue. Thanks to Kathy, I was able to enjoy my wedding and did not have to think about a single detail the entire day!
  • Haley
    Haley N. Married on 08/04/2020

Sally is outstanding!

Sally was nothing short of amazing! From the time I hired Sally, the accessible communication with her throughout the planning process and day of coordinating was great. If I needed an opinion or help making a decision, Sally always led me in the right direction. She kept my planning timeline on time and set up all appointments (ex: florist, cake, food tasting, venue) months in advance. I personally was blown away at how smooth Sally made my wedding planning and more importantly my wedding day. I would recommend Sally to anyone who is looking for a wedding planner with great customer service, attention to every detail, punctuality, and ability to suggest options to brides that fit their vision and budget. Sally is hands down the best wedding planner there is, fair and square!
    Tricia C. Married on 08/01/2020

Can make the wedding of your dreams come true!

Sally was my life saver during all steps of the way. Especially with all of COVID going on. Very responsive to every email I sent and took away any stress or anxiety and made every step of the way flawless. Sally took my vision and made it all come true! I would highly recommend Sally for your wedding-you will not be disappointed!
    Karen Married on 10/19/2019

wonderful planner with attention to detail

I had a wonderful experience working with Sally! From the start Sally was there to help me from coordinating vendors and helping me pick out our table settings to taking care of literally everything day of from vendors to all the decor. The day of the wedding Sally was on top of our schedule – everything ran smoothly, and looked beautiful! We had zero worries and were able to enjoy our day knowing that Sally had everything under control.
  • Holly
    Holly W. Married on 09/28/2019

Sally is Wonderful!

Sally is AMAZING! I was anxious about our wedding day being perfect and it absolutely was, thanks to Sally! Sally was very responsive throughout the entire wedding planning process to all of my questions and concerns. She is extremely knowledgeable in what she does. We can’t thank her enough for making our wedding day a wonderful and stress free celebration for us!
  • Mary
    Mary K. Married on 09/11/2019

Sally is amazing!

Sally is truly amazing and was absolutely wonderful to work with! Our venue came with an on-site planner but we hired Sally to work alongside us and it was a dream! She listened to exactly what I wanted for my wedding day and made the whole process seamless and easy. She was so kind, helpful, and easy to communicate with - even with my many, many questions leading up to the big day. Her caring personality was so comforting to have around on my wedding day, and she put me at ease the whole weekend. I would highly recommend Sally and can't say enough good things about her!!
    Emily Married on 08/31/2019

Excellent Experience!

It was a pleasure working with Sally Oakley! She ensured our wedding day ran smoothly and on schedule. She was responsive and supportive in the planning process and provided suggestions to make our wedding day unique.
  • tenzweil@gmail.com
    Tenzweil@Gmail.com Married on 08/10/2019

Don't go at this alone- get the best help out there!

Could not have done it without Sally! From early planning questions to logistics to behind the scenes work the day of to make everything move smoothly, Sally was there. She is truly a professional in the field and her know-how and expertise is invaluable. With Sally at the helm, your wedding will go down without a hitch!!
  • Mary
    Mary Married on 08/09/2019

Sally is the BEST decision you can make!

Hiring Sally was the best decision we could have made for our wedding planning process. We had Sally as our month-of wedding planner and was such a relief to have her when the wedding rolled around. It was such a joy that neither of our mothers were running around the day of the wedding, they got to sit back relax and enjoy the day. Which by the way, the day went absolutely flawlessly!!! Another thing that really stood out to us about Sally was that every single vendor we hired, when they found out Sally was our wedding planner, became very excited and had amazing things to say about her. Sally has so much experience, amazing ideas and connections throughout the industry. She is also one of the sweetest people I have ever met. Sally is amazing if you are getting married and planning a wedding you need her!
    Sarah Married on 07/27/2019

Wonderful wedding planner experience

Kathy was absolutely wonderful to work with in planning our wedding. She took my vision for the wedding and brought it to life seamlessly--really even better than I could have articulated it. Kathy designed the layout for our entire reception and helped us select vendors and items to bring it together. She offered honest opinions that helped us prioritize what we needed for the wedding, and was spot on with every suggestion. I had absolutely zero stress the weekend of the wedding because I knew everything was under control and that if something unexpected did happen, Kathy would handle it. I truly enjoyed working with Kathy and can't recommend her enough!