Salem Cross Inn Reviews

148 | West Brookfield, MA

148 Reviews for Salem Cross Inn

Shannon · Married on 08/16/2014

The venue was perfect for what we wanted, rustic new england barn with an outdoor ceremony. The prices were great compared to what we would have had to pay in Connecticut & it held extra special meaning since my parents were married there 35 years ago. Nancy was extremely flexible with allowing me to use the upstairs for getting ready and having access the night prior to bring in some of my decor. Anything I requested she was willing to work with (within reason of course). I would not have changed a thing. Our day truly was the best day of our lives.

Sent on 08/27/2014

Heather · Married on 08/08/2014

I absolutely would recommend this venue for a wedding and reception. It was absolutely beautiful the food was wonderful and we could not have asked for a better location. Donna and Nancy were friendly and responsive and were so supportive on the day of.

Sent on 08/16/2014

Stephanie · Married on 07/19/2014

I was married at Salem Cross Inn 7/27/2014 and had a wonderful experience. We chose this venue because of the beautiful setting as well as the option for the outdoor ceremony and indoor barn reception. We felt very relaxed and comfortable at the venue and it gave us the feel we were looking for. Salem Cross Inn does not require you to use any one vendor for anything, but they do supply you with a list of honorable vendors. The price for the wedding venue itself is reasonable in comparison to most others and I was also able to save money by comparing pricing of our vendors and choosing wisely.
    I was a little sad when it ended up raining on our wedding day and we had to make the decision to have our ceremony indoors instead of outside at the gazebo. I was a bit nervous about what the alternative setting would look like but I was amazed in how beautiful they arranged the indoor ceremony in such a short amount of time. Our family and friends have all given many comments and compliments on just how pretty, unique, and enjoyable our wedding ceremony and reception were. I can't wait to get our professional photos to relive how gorgeous everything turned out.
    I would definitely recommend the Salem Cross Inn to anyone looking for a same-site ceremony/reception venue. The scenery and barn are absolutely gorgeous. I wouldn't change a thing about our wedding day and I can't imagine having it anywhere else than the Salem Cross Inn. It was simply perfect and a large part of that was thanks to the inn's team.

Sent on 08/05/2014

Carol · Married on 07/19/2014

Our daughters wedding was at Salem Cross Inn July 19, 2014. We had a wonderful time planning with Nancy Salem and Donna. The staff at Salem Cross Inn are very professional and made sure we knew they were there to make the wedding run smoothly. Nancy gave us a list of vendors and we used most of their suggestions. Everyone that was recommended did a beautiful job. Green Thumb Florist did all of our floral arrangements and decorating, Joyce and her staff did a beautiful job and exceed our expectations. Joe Dolen was our photographer and the photographs are beautiful. He was wonderful to work with and lots of fun. Our Justice of the Peace was Paula Roberts a wonderful, professional lady. The ceremony was beautiful and exactly what our children wanted. The wedding was actually stress free and when we had our final meeting with Nancy, she said we were to let all of the planning fall into place and it was their turn to give us the wedding our daughter wanted! We were to relax and enjoy all the planning we did? Well Nancy you met our expectations and we are so pleased with everything. The decorations were beautiful, the food was delicious and everything went smoothly! Your staff is superb!!! Our guests could not believe the beauty of this little slice of New England! They raved about the food, the wonderful staff you have and what a relaxed Fun atmosphere!! We are so happy we found Salem Cross Inn, Thank you for being there!

Sent on 08/16/2014

Lindsay · Married on 05/24/2014

I wanted a "rustic chic" wedding...basically a lot of burlap, mason jars, and beautiful flowers! I wanted a barn, good food and an amazing view...Salem Cross Inn fit the bill. Before choosing this site, I looked all over Central Massachusetts and Vermont...none compared and the second I sat down with Donna and Nancy at Salem Cross, I was putting a down payment. They made me feel like family and I put complete trust in them. I knew I could have a wedding with an intimate feel. The food was amazing and all my guests said so. This venue provides the tables, chairs, food, alcohol, and even a homemade cake! Many other "barn settings" don't include any of this. The barn was big enough for my 160 guests and we had a great dance floor space...which really came in handy because my husband and I had a choreographed dance. The outside area with gorgeous views made for amazing pictures for my professional ones and for all my guests to take themselves. We were able to have options for our cocktail hour depending on the weather. I had my heart set on cocktail hour outside on their patio area, but I was able to rest easy in case it rained because there was also a space underneath the barn that is adorable. We could also have used that space for the dance floor. Luckily we were able to have our guests use the outdoor space for cocktail hour and our photo booth was set in the gazebo which everyone loved. People were not just sitting in the barn waiting for all the wedding traditional events to be over...my guests were outside enjoying themselves which I really loved. So many people told me this was the best wedding they have ever been to, I couldn't be more grateful to Salem Cross Inn!

Sent on 06/23/2014

Robert · Married on 05/17/2014

Nancy & Donna was a pleasure to work with. Very nice setting. The service, food, & the wait staff was exceptional. Very nice location for an outdoor wedding and a country/rustic reception.

Sent on 01/03/2015

Casey S. · Married on 04/25/2014

My family has been going to the Salem Cross Inn since the 1960s so when it came time for me to plan my dream New England wedding hiring them was a "no-brainer." This is one of the most beautiful wedding venues I have ever seen. Everything that they do here is from the heart. The wedding coordinators, Paula and Nancy, were amazing at meeting all of our needs for our wedding and were always available to us. My guests loved the wedding and the food is unbelievable. Their prices are very reasonable. Honestly, this is a place with people who are not out there trying to do as many wedding as possible but are instead trying to give everyone who comes to them a memorable and special day. They even have their own cake baker who will make you the most amazing chocolate mousse cake you have ever tasted and their own florist who does an incredible job! My guests are STILL raving about this place!

Sent on 05/22/2014

Khanh-Van · Married on 10/13/2013

This is the perfect venue for our fall wedding. The staff members are very responsive and organized. It made our wedding day go without a hitch. We highly recommend.

Sent on 10/24/2013

Marcia · Married on 09/15/2013

Absolutely amazing experience!! From start to finish....every single aspect was perfect. The ceremony, cocktail hour, dinner and reception were PERFECT!! Flowers by Barry Mongeon were exceptional. We knew he was an amazing talent, but were just blown away by the beauty he brought to this event! The personal touch of the Salem prize winning dahlias made the bridal bouquet so much more special than we could have imagined, thank you Nancy and Barry for the pleasant surprise! Donna and Nancy were so easy to talk to and so very accommodating throughout the planning process! The experienced and extremely pleasant staff brought a personal touch to the reception. Our hostess Bev was like a family member with her personal touch welcoming everyone as if she were sharing her own home. I cannot imagine anyone wanting to get married anywhere else. This day by far exceeded our highest expectations. Thank you to all who helped make this day the dream we have always imagined it would be! Donna.....you certainly delivered! We are still getting compliments about the "best cake ever". Thank you , thank you, thank you!!!

Sent on 09/30/2013

Melissa · Married on 07/13/2013

I highly recommend the Salem Cross Inn for your wedding or even a special occasion. The venue itself is absolutely gorgeous and the grounds are well kept. It is an amazing landscape for pictures. The staff is also very professional and helpful the day of the wedding. I can't thank Donna and Nancy enough for such a carefree day. They made sure to take care of anything to make the day run smoothly. It rained the day of our wedding and they were extremely accommodating. I didn't have to worry about anything. I received so many compliments from my guests about the site itself and the food. Their food is homemade and delicious. We had filet for one of our choices at the wedding and it was cooked to perfection. Our guests were so impressed overall and we were so happy with how it all turned out. Thank you so much for making it such a special day. We will definitely be returning to celebrate our anniversaries!

Melissa and Bryan

Sent on 11/03/2013

The crew at Salem Cross did an unbelievable job at our recent wedding. It was a beautiful event that everyone, young & old, enjoyed immensely. I've heard from multiple guests that it was the best wedding they have ever been to! It is the perfect place to have a country or rustic chic wedding... the grounds are beautiful and fabulous for pics, the inn is incredibly unique and charming, and the food is hearty and delicious.
    Donna & Nancy were very helpful with wedding coordination. They have been doing this for years and know exactly how to advise you, and also have great recommendations and problem-solving skills during both pre-wedding planning and any day-of issues. We had a blast at the complimentary fireside roast where we got to sample our dinner options and take a horse drawn carriage ride through the grounds.
    We had a gorgeous outdoor ceremony and then had the cocktail hr inside where they were roasting the prime rib on a spit in an old huge open hearth right in front of our guests which everyone loved. We then moved into the barn for the reception. We had 125 guests who all fit perfectly downstairs and there was plenty of room for dancing. The service was fast and very professional. Everyone is raving about the food, we had the roast prime rib and rustic chicken. And the cake not only looked beautiful but tasted great!
    I highly recommend Salem Cross Inn to anyone hosting a wedding or any other event!!!

Sent on 06/29/2013

Susan · Married on 06/06/2013

Wow. It is hard to believe that 2months ago, in June, our son got married. Everyone is still talking and remembering what a fabulous rehersal dinner we had at the Salem Cross Inn.
    From the minute we walked in to the Inn to meeting with Donna and getting the tour, we fell in love. It was very easy working with the everyone there. There was a large variety to choose from for our dinner and of course since we were the grooms family and this was our party we wanted to hit it out of the park. Well, the Salem Cross Inn, hit it around the world. We were downstairs in the room where our dinner was being roasted. The most delicious prime rib was roasting on the spit in the fireplace while we were enjoying hors d'ouvres. The smells and greatness of a fire in the fireplace in June was wonderful ambiance. Everything from the room,homemade cheese spread, main dishes for all our needs, gluten free and vegan, the sweet breads,and the ice cream ball with hot fudge, to our bartender, John, you made the best martini, and Donna and Nancy, we were thrilled. If you are having a party of any kind, big or small, Salem Cross Inn is the place to go. You will not be disappointed. And the cost, worth every penny. This will not break your bank. Very reasonably priced. Look out Salem Cross, we are coming back for dinner tonight. We can't wait.

Sent on 08/17/2013

Michelle · Married on 04/13/2013

My husband and I had our reception in the barn at Salem Cross Inn and we could not be happier with how it turned out! The venue is honestly gorgeous - rustic and charming while still being elegant and classy - exactly the type of unique vibe we were going for! We were a bit concerned about having enough space for dancing with 160 guests, but Nancy and Donna assured us we would be fine, and they were right. We were able to put ~65 people up in the loft (mostly our friends, who loved being up there anyway) and 95 or so downstairs, and the way they set up the tables made for a nice sizeable dance floor in the middle of the space.

Donna and Nancy worked really hard to accommodate a few special requests my husband and I had, and everything went exactly according to plan on the wedding day. Our cocktail hour was supposed to be outside, but due to weather had to be moved down into the tap room last minute. My husband and I were busy taking pictures and so unfortunately did not make it down there, but several guests said it was the best cocktail hour they had ever been to! (Also, while we were taking pictures outside with the bridal party, one of the servers brought us a tray of appetizers so we didn't miss out...and thank goodness we didn't, because they were DELISH!)

The food at Salem Cross is unreal - we served the maple jack chicken and prime rib for entrees, and I made time to eat my entire plate (plus the amazing assortment of rolls/buns!) because it was so delicious. The portions were huge, and everything came out super quickly and piping hot. The waitstaff worked really efficiently to keep everything running on time. For dessert, we opted for the deep dish apple pie with ice cream - it was served warm and was an awesome twist on the traditional wedding cake!

Nancy and Donna really did a great job of helping us to facilitate our wedding reception and making sure everything was done how we asked - it was the perfect day!

Sent on 04/30/2013

Katherine · Married on 09/16/2012

I cannot say enough about Salem Cross Inn. My wedding went on without and hitch and was absolutely perfect. Working with Nancy and Donna was fantastic. I had several meetings with them to go over details and I always walked away feeling on schedule and on track with the wedding.

My husband and I lucked out and had a perfect day for an outdoor wedding, cocktail hour and pictures. The grounds are naturally beautiful and well maintained making it easy to find perfect backdrops for photos.

The food was amazing and prepared as if it was for an individual, not a large catered event I had many compliments on how tasty everything was. We had ordered the prime rib and seafood stuffed haddock for our guests to choose from. Even my vegetarian friends commented how the stuffed zucchini was flavorful and was a welcome relief from the commonly served pasta primavera at other weddings.

We had really loved the chocolate mousse cake, but opted for the white wedding and we were not disappointed. We are so happy with how it turned out and how fresh it tasted.

We had 160+ guests and divided them up with 100 on the lower level of the barn and 70 or so in upper level. The barn was picturesque and did not feel crowded at all. Neither did it fell empty.

My family and husbands family could not stop talking about the venue and the service. The was not a single person there that was not helpful and everyone was very pleasant.

Sent on 09/18/2012

Claudia · Married on 09/15/2012

If you ask any of our guests, what the most memorable part of the wedding was, they will comment on the beautiful facility and food.

As a mother of the bride, I appreciated their comprehensive packages, organization, timely
    responses and attentive waitstaff.

Sent on 11/10/2012

Polly · Married on 07/22/2012

Our son and his lovely bride were married her last weekend! The Reception barn was beautiful, the gazebo and outside patio were perfect for a wedding a social hour. Donna and her team were fantastic, and the food was off the chart delicious. Many of the guests thought it was the best wedding experience that they had ever had. We would highly recommend Salem Cross Inn for your wedding event!

Sent on 10/10/2018

Bridget · Married on 06/22/2008

Donna from Salem Cross Inn was so helpful and ready to answer any and all questions. I felt relaxed and comfortable about the whole process. It is a beautiful venue and they will do whatever they can to make your day special to you. My favorite part was having my cupcake cake made by them. Not only is the food delicious but the cupcakes were the best I've ever had! We appreciated their organization, the ability to have a separate place to get ready, and the atmosphere. We plan on going back for our anniversary every year!

Sent on 08/12/2009
  • Deirdre

Deirdre · Married on 03/17/2018

The venue was absolutely beautiful. Everything looked awesome. Donna was incredible and super helpful on the day of. Laura did a beautiful job setting everything up. The food was absolutely incredible. So many of our guests came up to me to say it was the best food they've not only had at a wedding, but at any catered event. It really was our dream wedding.

Sent on 04/14/2018

Crystal · Married on 11/19/2016

We had our ceremony as well as our reception at Salem Cross Inn. We wanted to get married in front of the fire place and they made it happen. I loved the different wood seating and benches. Did not even need to decorate much, so much charm already there. Our guest felt it was very intimate space.
    Salem Cross Inn was an amazing venue! Nancy and Donna were great to work with, very helpful and answered every question I had. The food was spectacular and the staff was very efficient. Martha was our day of venue coordinator and she was great. She kept things moving and assisted with all of the smaller details. If you're looking for charm and rustic, this is the perfect venue for you.

Sent on 11/26/2016

Sophia · Married on 06/09/2018

I was married at this venue on 6/9/18. I spent most of my time communicating with Donna, who was very responsive, she even responded from her home if you sent an email later in the evening. I have heard nothing but amazing comments from the guests who attended my wedding in regards to how nice the venue was, how good the food was and how all the details just fell together. I enjoyed the fact that you had both the inside and the outside ceremony spots to choose from and that you were also able to use the bridal suite inside the Inn.

Sent on 08/14/2018

Stephanie · Married on 09/08/2017

We had the most perfect wedding at Salem Cross Inn on September 8, 2017. From the moment we got engaged, we knew we wanted a barn wedding, and Salem Cross was the one and only venue we looked at. From the very beginning Nancy and Donna had taken care of every detail for us, working with us every step of the way. The day of rehearsal, they were there to make sure the room would be set up the next day we way I had always envisioned it, with a glass on wine for me in hand to calm my nerves, Our wedding day went off without a hitch and I would recommend this venue to anyone to have their dream wedding come true.

Sent on 10/22/2017

The wedding coordinators at The Salem Cross Inn were very professional and helpful. The venue was absolutely gorgeous and the food was amazing!

Sent on 07/09/2016

Holly · Married on 06/14/2015

My husband and I had our reception at Salem Cross in this past June of 2015. Donna couldn't have been more helpful. Everything was perfect. From the way my cake was decorated, the food, the help with my seating arrangements-- I couldn't have asked for more. I also loved the option of having the cocktail hour out on the patio. Since it was summer-- all the flowers were in bloom and it was gorgeous. I'd recommend this venue to anyone.

Sent on 09/22/2015

Sarah · Married on 07/12/2009

Salem Cross Inn was a beautiful place to host the ceremony and reception. They were very professional and knew exactly what they were doing every step of the way. They helped greatly in planning the whole day. They were very flexible and eager to customize every detail. The meal and rental was very reasonably priced for the area, the best value out of all venues around. The FOOD is above and beyond what you could EVER expect at a wedding... people were raving for days about the food! The reception in the barn is a bit tight, but the waitresses move easily and efficiently around and do not disturb any guests. They are a busy location, so sometimes are not immediate in responding to calls/emails, but will get back in a couple days. They were essential in helping the day move easily from ceremony to cocktail hour to reception without a hitch... especially in working with the DJ and photographers to make everything go smoothly and perfectly! I would highly recommend Salem Cross Inn for their incredible food, knowledge, organization, flexibility and the sheer beauty of their property!

Sent on 08/12/2009
  • Heidi

Heidi · Married on 10/01/2011

I absolutely LOVED my wedding at Salem Cross. Overall the day went very smoothly; there were only a couple of mishaps. The Inn itself and the grounds are breathtaking. My bridesmaids and I were provided a room upstairs in which to get ready, but no staff member came up to greet us and check in with us. I wasn't quite sure when to head towards the ceremony. I had to send my officiant out to track someone down.

We were supposed to have an outdoor ceremony, but due to the weather, the ceremony was moved indoors. The alternative was, in my opinion, much better than outside. We were in a downstairs room decorated with all sorts of antiques. The backdrop to the ceremony was a very rustic stone wall and it created an intimate and warm setting. Everyone was seated very comfortably and could hear the entire ceremony. Had it been outside, I think our guests would have had a hard time hearing us speak our vows.

The weather let up in time for us to get some lovely outdoor photos. The scenery is gorgeous and made for some great photos. Upon re-entering for the reception, just as we were to be announced in, a staff member told us we needed to remove our belongings from the room upstairs immediately as there was another wedding party coming in. I was totally unaware that there was a wedding following mine, and would have liked to have been informed. We would have made sure our things were removed earlier, and not right before we were trying to start our reception. That made for a little confusion, and I sort of felt like part of an assembly line of weddings. That is really my only complaint about the entire day...I can live with that.

The reception was wonderful. The food was delicious and served hot! We received so many complements about the food, both from cocktail hour and dinner. The cake they provided was exactly what my husband and I wanted.

I would highly recommend the Salem Cross Inn for your wedding. We had a wonderful day.

Sent on 10/25/2011