Salem Cross Inn Reviews

148 | West Brookfield, MA

148 Reviews for Salem Cross Inn

Jody · Married on 01/22/2016

We got married in January 2016. I can't say enough great things about Salem Cross Inn. Our experience was mind-blowing. Expectations were exceeded. The fireplace room and the barn were the most beautiful spaces I've ever seen. The food was amazing and accommodating to our food allergies. Nancy and Donna were so very helpful through the entire planning process. Barry Mongeon was our florist. He didn't have to do as much as I'm sure some florists have to do at other places because the fireplace room and barn are so beautiful on their own, but what he did add sent the beauty WAY over the top. The prices are beyond reasonable. Paula Roberts was our Justice of the Peace. She was all business, which was a little off-putting, but that's what we hired. She was pleasant and did her job well. The rest of the service staff was friendly and so very accommodating. Our guests have not stopped talking about it. Calling it the best wedding ever. We had the most amazing time. Not one single complaint. It was the most perfect experience I've ever had.

Note: there may be other events going on at the same time. I was a little bothered about that at first, but when strangers started showing up acting like we were celebraties we went with it. We were having so much fun nothing could've bothered us.

Sent on 02/01/2016

Laura · Married on 11/07/2015

I recently had my wedding ceremony and reception at Salem Cross Inn and it was everything we could ask for and more!!! We worked mostly with Donna, who never failed to answer any and all questions we had (and we had A LOT of them) she also did so very quickly. The few times my mother or I did call and Donna was not there, Nancy always knew what was going on and was always willing to jump in and help as well. As many other brides have stated everything from the food, the staff, the atmosphere was absolutely AMAZING!! I am still constantly getting compliments on how stunning the venue was and how delicious all the food was!!! We got married downstairs in the large taproom and it was beautiful. I had originally wanted to get married in October outside but that was unavailable, now after getting married inside I couldn't imagine anything else. The room was decorated already with beautiful twinkle lights, the chairs they use aren't cookie cutter wedding folding chairs but vintage benches and chairs that really complete the space. We then added some decorations of our own which just made the space as a hole absolutely stunning! The barn was equally beautiful. The barn itself truly doesn't need much decorations however I did bring in a lot. After everything was said it done it was more then I could have asked for! I would highly recommend the Salem Cross Inn for your venue if you are looking for a barn/rustic/vintage feel for your wedding. We truly had the wedding of our dreams there and could not have asked for anything more.

Sent on 12/01/2015

Salem Cross in mad our wedding day run so smooth! The venue is beautiful and the food is amazing. They know what they are doing when it comes to weddings. They're timing is right on time and it just made everything run just as planned. You don't need many decorations for this venue..the barn is beautiful and just needs a little of your own touch to make it your own vision. Thank you Donna and Nancy for helping us have an amazing wedding day!

Sent on 12/16/2015

We had our wedding at Salem Cross Inn last month. Everything was amazing, but here are some highlights:
    - The food was great and everyone still keeps commenting on it - especially the apple pie (which we opted for instead of cake)
    - Donna was great to work with leading up to the day.
    - We selected Barry as our florist, who works at SCI. Not only were the flowers absolutely gorgeous, but he was such a key part of making sure everything went smoothly on our wedding day. He went above and beyond to help with the ceremony, fluff my dress and get people to where we needed to be. If you are getting married at SCI, I highly recommend using Barry as your florist.
    - I also recommend select Paula Roberts as your Justice of the Peace if you are having your ceremony there. She is wonderful to work with, very professional, plus she can provide your marriage licenses for you. Our guests still keep saying how much they loved the ceremony and what Paula read.
    - It's such a beautiful setting. Even though we had our wedding in late October, we lucked out with a sunny, mid-50 degree day. So we were able to have our ceremony outside, which looks stunning in the photos. All of the rooms within SCI are so unique. Our guests loved watching the prime rib cook on the roasting jack during cocktail hour inside and the barn has so many neat pieces of decor
    - The wedding was also relatively affordable and one of the reasons we selected SCI. It fit our budget and once we visited, we fell in love with it.
    - Because the venue is a bit in the middle of nowhere (and a little far for our guests living in the Boston area), we booked bus transportation (AA Transportation) and reserved room blocks at 2 hotels. The Comfort Inn was great and is newly renovated. The Hampton Inn is also recently renovated but not good to work with.

Overall, Salem Cross Inn is a wonderful venue & I recommend it if you are looking for a beautiful, rustic venue in New England.

Sent on 11/22/2015

Lauren · Married on 10/25/2015

The Salem Cross Inn is exactly what I wanted for a wedding venue. The ceremony outside with the fall foliage was breathtaking. The barn reception fit my fall-rustic vision. The food was unbelievable (and their cakes are to die for). Nancy and her staff respond very quickly to phone calls and emails and were open to every idea we had.

Sent on 12/20/2015

Jennifer · Married on 10/25/2015

The staff at Salem Cross Inn went above and beyond making our special day relaxing and perfect. They saw to all the little details allowing my husband and I to really take in the day. The food and cake were amazing and the venue was perfect for a cozy New England wedding. Our ceremony was outside and the grounds made for beautiful wedding photos. I cannot recommend this venue highly enough and am so happy that we found such wonderful people to work with!

Sent on 12/24/2015

Sarah · Married on 10/17/2015

Our wedding was absolutely beautiful and everything went very smoothly. Donna and Nancy are very easy to work with and are very flexible and accommodating. All of our guests raved about the food and the atmosphere. We would highly suggest having your wedding at the Salem Cross inn!

Sent on 11/05/2015

Ashlee · Married on 10/16/2015

We had the most picture perfect wedding this past October at the Salem Cross Inn. The venue, the food, and the service encompassed everything that we imaged our wedding would be. Multiple guests have commented that it was one of the best weddings they have attended and we are STILL getting comments about the meal! Salem Cross Inn offered us a more nontraditional wedding venue through its rustic charm and history, especially with the way they cooked our prime rib and seafood chowder 1700th style over a hearth and kettle for our guests during cocktail hour. Both Donna and Nancy were delightful to work with through their quick responses, advice, and support. If you are looking for a quaint one of a kind experience, I without hesitation recommend Salem Cross Inn. The Salem Cross Inn truly gave us the wedding of our dreams!

Sent on 05/23/2016

Amanda · Married on 10/09/2015

Salem cross is a beautiful venue, inside and out. All of the staff is very helpful! Food is amazing.

Sent on 10/20/2015

We recently had ours daughter's wedding at Salem Cross. It was absolutely wonderful. We got so much positive feedback. We had the fireplace roasted prime rib and the maple Jack chicken, both of which received rave reviews. Comments were made about the efficiency of the waitstaff and how attentive they were to the needs if our guests. My brother went downstairs with his grandson and watched the prime rib roasting over the fire. The bartender in the tavern there gave them a mini tour. It is clear how much pride they take in their inn. Nancy and Donna were great to work with and helped us along the way with our planning. We used the barn for our reception and outdoors at the gazebo for our ceremony. Everything looked beautiful and was just the way we wanted it. If you are looking for a beautiful, rustic setting this is the place for you!

Sent on 09/15/2015

Jamie · Married on 07/18/2015

My husband and I recently got married at the Salem Cross Inn. Our wedding day was absolutely perfect. Donna and Nancy were extremely helpful with the planning process. We picked the majority of our vendors from the list they provided us and we loved all of them. The food was excellent and we got so many compliments from our guests about our venue choice. The staff at Salem Cross Inn did an amazing job working with our vendors on the day of our wedding which left us stress free. I would highly recommend this venue!

Sent on 08/16/2015

Kristy · Married on 05/30/2015

It's been a year since our wedding and our guests continue to speak fondly of our magical night at the Salem Cross Inn. The outside ceremony was picture perfect for a rustic, New England-centric wedding; complete with mooing cattle and a sprawling green landscape beyond the gazebo. Wedding pictures were just right with the various structures and greenery around the building. The reception (PARTY) inside was a 3 hour dance marathon and the hors d'oeuvres and dinner selections were praised by the guests. Guests have raved to us about how unique and charming the "barn" was for a beautifully lit and memorable evening. Nancy and Donna were always thorough, helpful and prompt with any questions, logistical concerns and event schedule planning. They've done this for a while and they know what works. The price was appropriate and you get what you put in with this venue; it has a lot to offer, and with your own personal touch, it will be the wedding your friends and family speak about for years to come!

Sent on 05/24/2016

Kristin · Married on 05/02/2015

Reviewed On 4/28/2016 Kristin F
    Our wedding day was everything we could have hoped for and more! It's been almost a year and our guests are still talking about the delicious food and beautiful setting. Everyone at Salem Cross Inn was friendly to work with and went above and beyond to make sure our wedding was absolutely perfect!

Sent on 04/29/2016

Great place for a country wedding. Not only do I love this venue but it is a place where we will come back time and time again because their food and staff are amazing. You will not be disappointed.

Sent on 04/26/2016

Theresa · Married on 04/18/2015

Donna and Nancy were very helpful with every step along the way to planning our perfect day. The staff that handled our wedding was also fantastic, as was our meals, appetizers and cake!

Sent on 05/15/2015

Jacki · Married on 11/08/2014

We couldn't have been happier with Salem Cross Inn for our wedding reception! Donna and Nancy were BOTH so helpful, especially as the wedding date got closer! Everytime I went out the Salem Cross, they were there to answer any questions and assured me the day would go smoothly. And, they were right! The food was unbelievable - we had the prime rib roasting during cocktail hour and the roast turkey. They even came around with seconds for our guests!! It was THE perfect rustic, country, cozy venue! The dance floor worried me a bit but it ended up being perfect - with about 160 guests! We strongly recommend them! :)

Sent on 04/14/2015

Katlyn · Married on 10/17/2014

I cannot put into words the amount of appreciation I have for the management and staff at Salem Cross Inn. I was often told that weddings are never perfect and that something is bound to go wrong. However, whenever asked, I describe my wedding day just as that: perfect. From having a private luncheon in the bridal room to providing the perfect atmosphere for a night of celebration and dancing, the Salem Cross Inn had proven their expertise in attention to detail. The rustic touches of the barn and loft and the rolling hills back drop made for my ideal country-inspired wedding.

Beyond the aesthetics of Salem Cross Inn, one of the most talked about features of our wedding night was the food. Our guests began in the stone taproom with hors d’oeuvres and a cocktail hour. As our guests mingled, they were able to see our 1700 style prime rib cooking over the open fire. It sounds like such a small detail, but seeing our dinner being cooked was so well received as the aromas filled the air. Aside from the 1700 style prime rib, we had the maple jack chicken as our second entrée. Both meals were cooked to perfection with sides of squash and garlic-mashed potatoes. Our wait staff came around offering guests a second portion of the prime rib, this was unexpected but very much appreciated by all that were in attendance! It was this kind of personal touch that made guests feel comfortable and taken care of. Not only was the food scrumptious, it was also affordable. Each meal includes a salad and a delicious assortment of dinner rolls. The pecan rolls are a must have!

Salem Cross Inn gave us a night that we will never forget and still reminisce about today! We owe all of our appreciation to both Donna and Nancy for their attentiveness and professionalism throughout the entire wedding planning process and execution! If you are looking for a rustic venue with incredible food and dancing, you must book with Salem Cross Inn!

Sent on 02/13/2015

Christina · Married on 10/13/2014

This venue is absolutely exquisite! My wife and I looked at so many venues for our big day with no luck and when we came across this place it blew us away. The staff was so lovely, most especially the coordinator, Donna Bennett, who was so patient with us during our planning and was quick to answer all our questions and resolve any concerns we may have had. Even with so much to do she still made sure everything was going perfectly for us. We were out of this world impressed and appreciative. They are all so kind and courteous and put us at ease on our big day knowing that they had everything so professionally coordinated and scheduled. The property is stunning, the gazebo was the absolute perfect spot for our ceremony, we barely had to decorate because the setting was just so perfect on its own. The food was phenomenal, we still have friends and family talking about their dinners to this day, especially the open fire cooked prime rib! Our guests had the chance to watch the prime rib roasting over the fire as they enjoyed their cocktails! This venue is incredible, like the gazebo, we barely decorated the barn for our reception, with the exception of our centerpieces, because it was just so perfect on its own. It was the fairy tale that we had dreamed of and to top it off it was so cost effective for us too! The venue has options to include your cake, guest favors, champagne toasts and so, so much more it would take pages to list! If you're looking for a dream, this is it!

Sent on 02/16/2015

Natalie · Married on 10/11/2014

We loved working with the Salem Cross Inn! From the moment we went to one of their wonderful Fireside Feasts we knew this was the place for us. The grounds are gorgeous and getting married there in the fall proved to be as beautiful as we had hoped. Nancy and Donna were amazing to work with in the year and half leading up to the wedding and Martha made the day of stress free. We loved supporting a local family owned business and I felt that we got much more individualized attention than we would have at a different venue, and the prices were more than competitive they were the lowest of all the places we looked at in the area. Nancy was on the premises on our wedding night, and even though there was no reason for her to come into our wedding she made it a point to come in congratulate us and give us each a hug.

Our guests loved it! Not only did I hear "this place is so you guys!" all night long I also got great compliments on the food. Most weddings I have been to the food is fine but nothing to brag about, not at Salem Cross, I truly felt that our guests were pleasantly surprised by the quality. I cannot recommend the Salem Cross Inn highly enough as a wedding venue, I have attended many in the area and in my opinion this is the only place to look for yours.

Sent on 11/10/2014
  • User3619526 · 2+ years ago

I could not have asked for a more beautiful and perfect venue for my ceremony and reception! The weather was gorgeous making for a nice ceremony outside at the gazebo. The surrounding gardens and fields in the background make for perfect picture taking! (This was esp. helpful because my florist never showed). I could not have asked for a better staff when my flowers did not show they all went out and picked fresh flowers from the gardens to make the girls bouquets and I am forever grateful! Nancy and Donna made the planning process almost too easy I felt so stress free I thought I was forgetting to do things. The barn is stunning and rustic. It fit our wedding of 175 people very comfortably. The food was delicious I especially like the rustic chicken. My family spoke very highly of the bar tenders saying they were great at their job! All my guests loved the venue and we still receive many compliments on our choice!! The price is very reasonable for all that is included and the quality of service you receive! I am so glad that we chose to have our ceremony and reception at the Salem Cross Inn we could not have asked for a more perfect venue!!!

Sent on 12/29/2014

Sarah · Married on 09/26/2014

I just had my perfect fall wedding at the Salem cross inn. I fell in love with the venue when I first went there. The beautiful grounds and atmosphere as well as the customer service made the Salem Cross an easy choice for us to decide that we wanted to get married there. Nancy and Donna were very knowledgeable and professional and gave all the guidance necessary to plan my dream day. Martha was our officiant, and the night of the wedding ran smoothly. Guests couldn't get over the beauty of the inn, the amazing food, and rustic atmosphere !! People had an excellent time at the wedding. The cake was also awesome!!!! I recommend the Salem Cross Inn to anybody who wants a classic New England setting at a great deal.

Sent on 09/27/2014

Janis · Married on 09/21/2014

Words cannot express our deep appreciation of everything you did to make our event special and memorable. From the planning to the execution on the day of, every request was filled to our highest expectations. I’m not sure how you prepare and deliver all the meals – hot and efficiently – to such a large number of guests. And you never noticed the staff were moving through the crowd, changing plates, filling water glasses and keeping everyone happy without missing a beat. The facility was beautiful, everyone raved about the food and drinks, and everyone involved created an atmosphere that gave us an opportunity to enjoy a wonderful day. I felt like once we were there, I was able to relax and enjoy the festivities and not worry about anything. Thank you as well for your suggestions on vendors – the flowers were phenomenal from Lady Slipper and Paula Roberts kept us all on track and personalized the service beautifully.

Sent on 09/22/2014

Susan · Married on 09/03/2014

My Husband and I got married Sept 3rd, 2014, at the Salem Cross Inn. It was a fairytale wedding thanks to the Nancy, Martha, Donna and the staff who went out of their way to make our wedding there a wedding of a lifetime, that we still can't stop thinking about. Everything went so smoothly and everyone there helped make it one of the most special days of our life that we will never forget.

We had our wedding ceremony outside in the beautifully decorated gazebo, it was just perfect for a small wedding, everyone sat in the gazebo for the ceremony and it was very intimate setting for this. The Horse drawn carriage was a beautiful touch to add to the fairytale experience. The day was absolutely Beautiful.

The room called the Panel room was a great place to hold our small wedding reception dinner with close family and friends. Very cozy and the historic character of the room added to warmth and ambience of it all. The service was excellent and the food was incredible.. from the cocktail hour appetizers to the fireside prime rib everyone raved about how delicious and amazing everything was. And the chocolate mouse cake that they made for us was fabulous. Salem Cross Inn is the ultimate place to hold a wedding. The grounds are beautiful to capture photos from the rustic barns and the beautiful gardens to the old country roads, the stone walls and the cows in the pasture they have the most beautiful landscape to capture beautiful moments forever on film.

If you want a Beautiful New England wedding, with a caring and helpful staff, delicious food and the most beautiful landscapes …. Salem Cross Inn IS the place to capture beautiful memories that will last a lifetime.

Sent on 09/09/2014

Karen · Married on 08/24/2014

The Salem Cross Inn provided the perfect setting for our August wedding - romantic, casual and classy. The lawn was beautifully manicured and adorned with seasonal flowers that provided a gorgeous backdrop for our outdoor ceremony. The hayrides during cocktail hour were a fun surprise for our guests and gave everyone an opportunity to see the property from a different perspective. The barn, where we had our reception, was comfortable and air conditioned, as was the bridal suite upstairs, where our bridal party prepped and dressed before the wedding. The 1700 Prime Rib was cooked to perfection and the rest of the meal complemented it nicely. Since we chose not to serve wedding cake, Nancy, our wedding coordinator at Salem Cross Inn, suggested an alternative that was a huge hit with our guests and one of my favorite moments of the day - my husband and I served apple pie to our guests from a table on the dance floor. As they came up to get their dessert, we added a dollop of homemade whipped cream to each person's plate. It gave us an opportunity to greet everyone personally, and it was so much fun! Many of our guests have commented since on how much they enjoyed the entire day, but in particular, the dessert table. Throughout the year of planning our wedding, Nancy and her staff were available when we needed to meet, responsive when we had questions and saw to every last detail, making sure we would enjoy a worry-free wedding day. Their professionalism shone through in every aspect - from early planning to execution. We couldn't have been more pleased with our choice of venue. We highly recommend the Salem Cross Inn!

Sent on 09/23/2014

Carissa · Married on 08/17/2014

We had a perfect wedding day, thanks to the Salem Cross Inn. The food was AMAZING, all homemade and personalized to our wishes :) The staff is unbelievable, they certainly know what they are doing. They made all of our guests feel welcome and everyone had a great time.

Sent on 11/04/2014