Salem Cross Inn Reviews

148 | West Brookfield, MA

148 Reviews for Salem Cross Inn

Lori · Married on 06/17/2017

Our whole day was beautiful and well managed through the entire day. Our guests continue to tell us that our wedding was the best they had been to (and there have been a few-LOL). The food was fantastic, the staff was so helpful, the vendors were tremendous and the facility was impecable. Thank you to all who made our day perfect.

Sent on 09/07/2017

Ellie · Married on 06/03/2017

Salem Cross Inn is the perfect place to have your special day. Right from the beginning they were more than accommodating. Donna was wonderful. We got married on June 3, 2017. Ceremony right on their beautiful grounds. Dining room was set just as a country wedding should look like. Meals were fantastic. Cocktail hour before was perfect in tap room. Our guest are still commenting on how the dining room was set and how accommodating the staff was to us.. We could not have had a more perfect day. If you are looking for a place for that special occasion you can not go wrong with Salem Cross Inn. Thank you again for a very wonderful day and you should be so proud of all your staff. Thanks for a great day that we will never be forgotten.

Sent on 07/07/2017

Michelle · Married on 05/13/2017

My husband and I could not be happier with our gorgeous rustic wedding at the Salem Cross Inn. We booked a visit to tour this venue and were sold almost immediately. Nancy and Donna were extremely accommodating from the start--even allowing us a few extra days to hold the possible wedding date. The setting for our outdoor ceremony with the gazebo overlooking the farmland was beautiful. Even with the threat of rain, it ultimately our decision for an outdoor ceremony which Nancy and Donna were flexible about and even set up the indoor ceremony as well in case of a last minute downpour. The staff are friendly and patient, the food was DELICIOUS (including cupcakes- we were able to taste every flavor at our complimentary tasting!) and great bar service. The reception area does not need additional decoration as it is beautiful on its own with white string-lights, wooden tables with white linens, and high ceilings. Nancy and Donna are prompt in responding to any questions before, during and after the wedding (often reachable by phone and definitely by email). They genuinely want you to have your dream wedding and enjoy being hosts. We highly recommend the Salem Cross Inn-- we will definitely be back for a visit!

Sent on 05/23/2017

Melissa · Married on 05/06/2017

Recently had my wedding there. Everything was perfect. Donna was amazing at getting back to my emails quickly, helped me so much throughout the entire year of planning. Food is AMAZING. My cake was so much better then expected- it was perfect. I can not say enough about how great Donna and all of Salem Cross was to work with. The actual wedding day was perfect thanks to Salem Cross Inn.

Sent on 05/24/2016

Charlene · Married on 03/18/2017

I cannot say enough about Salem Cross Inn. From the moment we booked our wedding with them Nancy Donna and the gang could not do enough for us. What is a dream wedding the service was impeccable the food was amazing and every person that interacted with us could not possibly do enough. All of the vendors they recommend are truly amazing we chose Barry as our florist the flowers were absolutely stunning I am still getting compliments on them we also used Paula Robert as our Justice of the Peace the service was awesome. I cant possibly have asked fir any more attention to detail. Highly reccomend You will not be sorru

Sent on 04/21/2017

Linsey · Married on 11/11/2016

When my husband and I found Salem Cross Inn, all we had was a budget and a vision for our dream wedding that we were looking to create. We had no idea how to plan a wedding and were very anxious about the process. Salem Cross Inn changed all that. Not only is their venue the most beautiful and historic venue I've ever seen, and not only is the food (both at the wedding itself—oh man, it was unreal—and at their restaurant) amazing, but their coordinators are amazing. Super accommodating, on top of their game, and so deeply caring about the success of your day. My wedding was absolutely electric, and I owe so much of that to Donna and Nancy at the Salem Cross. Absolute 5 out of 5.

Sent on 11/12/2016

Leah · Married on 10/29/2016

My husband and I were married at Salem Cross Inn on October 29th of last year. The rustic charm of the venue is authentic and beautiful. We had such an amazing experience working with Nancy. Donna, and the rest of the staff from beginning to end. We always felt that we were important and that they wanted our day to be very special. They were always available to answer questions, and also give suggestions to make sure the day ran smoothly. They truly have weddings down to a science and everything was perfect due to their knowledge and experience of what flows the best. We felt that they were very accommodating, allowing us a week beforehand to independently walk the building and grounds with our minister to work out some final details. The food at Salem Cross Inn is delicious, superior to any wedding food that I have ever had. We had the chicken ritchie and the prime rib with seconds. The guests really enjoyed watching the meat cook over the open fire during cocktail hour, it added to the rustic charm of our wedding. We wanted to do an Irish Coffee after dinner with some cookies, and they had never done it before, but were quick to say 'we can do that'. We were impressed with how fair the pricing was for the whole event, but specifically the open bar. We were charged an estimate of what each person would consume through the night, and within the week after the wedding, my parents were sent a check back for the remaining amount from the bar tab that we did not use. Overall, I cannot stress enough how their professionalism and courtesy sticks with us still as we reminisce about our wedding day. We were so happy with how it all turned out. So many of our 175 guests still tell us to this day that it was the best wedding that they ever attended. Salem Cross Inn now has such a special place in our hearts and we enjoy returning frequently for lunch and dining events.

Sent on 10/08/2017

Bria · Married on 10/22/2016

We first visited Salem Cross Inn in February and called back the same day to book for our October 22nd wedding. Donna and Nancy were welcoming, patient, and easy to work with throughout the entire process. Any time I had a question, I could call or email them and know that I would receive a prompt and professional response. On the day of, we had Martha at our wedding and she went above and beyond to help make our day perfect from setting up our centerpieces to the decorations. She even kept coming back to make sure we had enough water and got a chance to eat some of our meal. Nancy and Donna told us at our final visit to drop off centerpieces that “everyone will tell you the next day that your wedding is the best wedding they’ve ever been to” and they were so right! We got compliments about the staff, the food, the vendors we hired, EVERYTHING. We kept being asked “how did you ever find this place? It’s awesome!” We also got many compliments on how delicious the meals were and the fact that they are actually filling, not leaving you hungry at the end of the evening like many other weddings. If you are looking for an affordable, family-feel venue, absolutely go to Salem Cross Inn!

Sent on 10/27/2016

Ashley · Married on 10/08/2016

We loved having our wedding at the Salem Cross Inn! Donna was extremely helpful as well as Martha. I can't speak highly enough about the venue as everything went off without a hitch and the food was absolutely delicious. Our guests were shocked not only at the prime rib cooking in the fire place, but they also were offered a second helping and to-go boxes. What wedding ever has that?? Many of our guests told us that this was the best wedding that they have ever been to, and we have the Salem Cross Inn to thank for a big portion of that. Often, we were asked how we ever found such a beautiful place with perfect scenery for our ceremony and reception. This venue also has endless amounts of picture options. There are hills and hills of endless farm land with rustic hay bales, stone walls, gardens and even pumpkin patches. We are thrilled we were married here.

Sent on 09/27/2016

Vanessa · Married on 10/08/2016

My husband and I had an amazing, perfect wedding day at the Salem Cross Inn in October of 2016! We had 175 guests in the barn on a Saturday evening, and all of them raved about the picturesque grounds, uniquely antique New England decor, and the delicious food. It was so cool to be able to have our ceremony outside, followed by cocktail hour in the downstairs tavern, then dinner and dancing in the barn. Such a nice flow through a beautiful venue! We really appreciated Nancy and Donna's flexibility with our selection of vendors, letting us bring in our own photographer and DJ. I would highly, highly recommend working with Barry (for flowers/decor, he is amazing!) and Paula (for officiating, even though we had my husband's father officiate the actual ceremony, Paula was immensely helpful in running us through what the procession would entail and how it would be organized in advance, getting us our marriage license, and acting as a ceremony coordinator the day of so everything ran smoothly). We didn't have a wedding planner, and didn't need one -- Salem Cross made it easy to do on our own!

For a truly unique, authentic, rustically elegant wedding, I HIGHLY recommend the Salem Cross Inn and we are so, so happy and grateful to them for making our day absolutely magical and completely stress-free!

Sent on 05/18/2017

Ashley · Married on 10/07/2016

The Salem Cross Inn was perfect location for our wedding. We were looking for the New England rustic wedding and that's exactly what we received. I can't say enough about the service, the food, and the entire experience. Nancy, Donna, and the entire Salem Cross Inn staff were always available to help. They assisted me throughout the entire planning process, always responded to my calls and e-mails, and answered all my questions. They worked with us on all of the details - from table numbers to bows to favors. They were extremely flexible, and everything ran perfectly smooth. We held our ceremony in front of the gazebo. The chairs were setup well in advance, which made decorating easy. Cocktail hour was also held outside and was great. The reception was in the barn - all of the tables were setup early, favors were out, centerpieces were out, and the cake was set and ready to go. The food was delicious and nice and hot for our guests. All of our guests commented on the venue and how much they loved it. People raved about the location, the food, the atmosphere - everything! I did not receive one complaint. I would highly recommend this venue to all couples looking to get married in the New England area!

Sent on 12/07/2016

Cailin · Married on 09/23/2016

I had the perfect wedding thanks to the Salem Cross Inn. Nancy and Donna were so helpful and kind when it came to planning and budgeting. They always responded immediately when I had a question, too! The food was out of this world, the bar/waitstaff was amazing, and the price could not be beat. The venue is also beautiful!

Sent on 01/11/2017

Caitlin · Married on 09/18/2016

My husband and I got married on 9/18/16 at the Salem Cross Inn and honestly picking this venue set the tone (in a positive way) for the entire wedding. We had a wonderful experience with the staff! Besides this venue being completely gorgeous with a strong historic and rustic feel, every single vendor and staff member the Salem Cross Inn works with made our wedding day perfect and stress free.
    We worked with Donna and Nancy through every stage of the process and not only were they extremely flexible and accommodating, they also have wedding planning down to a science and provided great suggestions when needed. We decided to use many of the vendors they suggested from their preferred vendors list and it was the absolutely best decision to go with their trusted vendors.
    To start, we decided to hire Paula Roberts as our Justice of the Peace for our ceremony. She knew exactly what she was doing and guided us through planning the ceremony and the entire rehearsal ran seamlessly. We were also able to file for our marriage license with her and she took care of all the paperwork so that on our big day, the marriage license was ready to go.
    Heather of Turkey Hill Photography was our photographer and she was just the sweetest! She is direct (in a good way!) and captured everything we wanted in a timely manner. Following the ceremony, we were able to get all of our formal photos done in the cocktail hour so that everyone could truly enjoy their meal and the reception. She was outstanding!
    Finally, Barry Mongeon was our florist and if there is anyone you need to hire from their preferred vendors, it's this man. He was utterly fabulous. The floral arrangements were STUNNING and he went above and beyond helping me with all of my needs on my wedding day.
    All and all, this place is phenomenal and their staff (including their bartenders and wait staff) are the biggest reason our wedding day was flawless. The food is incredible and it's truly a hidden gem in MA!

Sent on 10/02/2016

We had our wedding as Salem Cross on September 17, 2016. We were aiming for a casual morning reception and Salem Cross was perfect! The weather was beautiful for an outside cocktail hour. The food was delicious. And I wish I had a regular supply of the cupcakes. :)

Sent on 09/27/2016
  • LizS2485

Liz · Married on 09/16/2016

We can't say enough about how amazing our wedding was at the Salem Cross Inn. The view alone sold us but when we tried the food at one of their fire place feasts we were sold! It's only been a couple days but our guests can't stop talking about how great everything was! We worked with Donna and she was so responsive to all my questions. If you're looking for a venue with a great ambiance both inside and out and fantastic food this is the place!

Sent on 09/18/2016

Kelly · Married on 09/02/2016

The outside venue for the ceremony is absolutely beautiful! I couldn't have found a better venue, especially for the price. They accommodated all of my requests, even having the cows front and center which my guests loved! The outside cocktail hour was great and it's the perfect venue for gorgeous pictures! The reception inside the barn was great as well. They have twinkling lights that set a romantic mood and lovely table settings if you don't have your own, which I loved! The food there is always amazing so you won't be disappointed whatever you choose. And they will do a late night snack if you request as well! I would highly recommend this venue for your wedding, or any other event!!

Sent on 04/19/2017

Dave · Married on 08/20/2016

The vibes here are outstanding. After sitting down with Nancy and Donna you will know your not just another wedding--you are a priority. Professional staff, great food and outstanding service.

Sent on 10/17/2016

Leah · Married on 07/24/2016

I got married at Salem Cross Inn a little less than a month ago, and my wedding day was beyond perfect! It's such a beautiful location for a wedding, with it's gorgeous gardens and endless country fields. The barn, where we had our reception, is also stunning. It's decorated with beautiful white string lights, historic artifacts, and dark wood beams. The food is so delicious, which our guests were highly impressed with. Our guests also loved the atmosphere and how lovely everything looked. Nancy and Donna were awesome to work with. They responded promptly to every question we had and were always very pleasant to talk to! They ensured that our wedding day went smoothly (which it did!). I cannot fully express how grateful I am to have had my wedding there. It was the best day of my life, all thanks to Salem Cross Inn! I highly recommend Salem Cross Inn to anyone!

Sent on 08/16/2016

Alison · Married on 07/02/2016

My husband and I got married at Salem Cross Inn on 4th of July weekend and we couldn't have been more blown away with how everything turned out. We've been married for 2 months now and still have guests raving about our wedding and the delicious food. Donna, Nancy and Martha really helped to give us the perfect day. They know exactly what they are doing, and the day of the wedding Martha made sure everything went smoothly. From the beautiful grounds, amazing staff and incredible fresh food, it was more than we imagined. We're so happy we chose this venue!

Sent on 09/08/2016

We were just married at Salem Cross this past weekend and I cannot express enough how much I loved every minute of our day! Planning with them was easy, and our actual day was carefree! The cupcakes are phenomenal too :-) Can't wait to hold more events there for years to come!!

Sent on 06/14/2016

Tracy · Married on 05/27/2016

Salem Cross made my wedding everything I had imagined. From the beautiful views and the rustic barn to the helpful and friendly staff. Donna and Nancy specially made the whole experience very enjoyable. I am beyond happy with the whole experience. The venue also helped created absolutely stunning pictures. The food was incredible. My absolute Fav has to be the carrot cake. We are so happy that we have a place we can now go and celebrate our anniversary at they hold such an amazing memory for us.

Sent on 07/25/2018

Salem Cross Inn was a perfect choice for our May wedding. Donna and Nancy were both wonderful to work with, they were available to answer any questions that I had. Guests are still talking about how delicious the food was and how great the servers were. Everything was perfect.

Sent on 05/31/2016

J. · Married on 05/07/2016

This past weekend we had the pleasure of having our wedding at the Salem Cross Inn. From the beginning we knew we wanted a smaller, lovely, beautiful low key affair and that is exactly what we got. Nancy and Donna were so knowledgeable and easy to work with and we chose most of our vendors off of their preferred vendor list. I asked florist Barry to surprise me with color and he created the most magical flower arrangements for us. The entire dining room was alive with bright spring colors and it made the whole space happy. In keeping with our low key vibe we chose to have guitarist Rob play for us solo and the music he provided was spectacular and just our taste. Although we had originally planned for an outdoor wedding, the weather didn’t cooperate and we ended up indoors. That major transition flowed fantastically well in a very short amount of time and everyone was so pleased with the indoor ceremony area and cocktail hour space that was prepared for us. It was beautiful. Over the years, we have enjoyed dinner out at the Salem Cross Inn so we already knew the food was fantastic. We were certainly not disappointed in that area either on our wedding day, as the food was delicious and plentiful. A great day of food and family. The day was perfect. Thank you so very much to everyone at the Salem Cross for capturing our vision and making our day so memorable!

Sent on 05/11/2016
  • SoonToBeShea

Joslyn · Married on 04/23/2016

My wedding is coming up at the Salem Cross Inn, but i wanted to provide a review on the beginning of finding my venue and the great attentive staff at Salem Cross Inn. I wanted a barn themed wedding and Salem Cross fit the bill to a T! I was able to easily schedule and appointment to see the venue and the entire staff (although the restaurant was busy during our visit) made everything very special and personalized. We had a great tour where one of the wedding planners was able to point out all of the options we would have for each room. She then walked us through the entire menu options, as well as drink options, and even provided her input on transportation, bands, djs, photographers, and florists that she would recommend. I cant wait to celebrate my big day here!

Sent on 04/21/2015

Joy · Married on 03/12/2016

We were married March 12, 2016 at Salem Cross Inn. The venue and the staff were amazing. The atmosphere went along with our rustic theme. We barely spent any money on flowers because the way the barn and downstairs room was decorated - with beautiful lights and antiques. The food was delicious and my guest who had allergies or special food needs were offered amazing alternatives. The reception was a blast and they really did cater to our needs. They have a beautiful bride's room and also a ton of places both inside and out to take photos!!
    Two thumbs up plus 5 stars!!

Sent on 03/24/2016