Salamander Resort & Spa Reviews

49 | Middleburg, VA

49 Reviews for Salamander Resort & Spa

Kathleen K. · Married on 05/25/2019

Best wedding ever!!!

My husband and I had a terrible experience with another resort when searching for a venue, and the Salamander team reached out the next day (totally by chance)— thank goodness they did! Our initial meeting with Christina was great. She didn’t “sell” us on anything. She made suggestions and worked to help us choose the best option for our wants and needs. Our tasting was amazing. The final venue walk through, with our day of coordinator from Etc. Coordinators was the same weekend as my birthday and they even had a card signed by the whole team with a gift and a champagne toast! Linda, with the group room reservation team, was super helpful in adding rooms to the block and making sure everyone was able to check in with ease. The entire team answered quickly, was completely solution oriented when anything came up (which was rare because everything was so easily laid out). Every one of my guests said it was phenomenal and they couldn’t believe they got to celebrate with us at the Salamander. My dad even said it was the best wedding he’s ever been to- and my husband and I agree(not bias or anything ;) ). The best part about the entire event (rehearsal, wedding, and post day brunch) was the ease of it all. It’s not free, however you get what you pay for and it was 100% worth every penny. If you are questioning anything at all, just meet with them once and you’ll be just as happy as we were. A phenomenal place to say I Do and return for anniversaries as well!

Sent on 05/29/2019

Kathleen · Married on 05/25/2019

Stunningly perfect!

From the very beginning Christina Gibson was off the charts wonderful. She helped in getting the dream wedding we and our families imagined (and more!). We arrived to the venue walk through and it was freeeeezing outside. Christina helped paint a picture of the entire event so we really felt comfortable reserving the venue for our date the following summer. Every step after that was just as simple. She was able to answer questions and concerns as they arose- extremely timely as well. She recommended our day of coordinator— etc. coordinators (Sarah Obenour) and that was a terrific decision to hire them. The entire catering staff was warm and professional. There was not a single issue the entire process and our guests are still raving about it!

Sent on 07/07/2019
  • DevSet

Nichole · Married on 03/29/2019

My Guests Are Still Talking About My Wedding...

My now husband and I had visited Salamander on a whim a few years ago to take our dog on a walk around the beautiful property. After having done so, we sat in some Adirondack chairs by the fire pit and took in the peacefulness of the country. We looked at each other and agreed that one day, this would be our wedding venue... we weren't even engaged yet.

Fast forward a year-and-a-half later, and we're still all smiles from the most incredible evening of our lives. From the very beginning of the planning, to checking out of the bridal suite the day after our wedding, we were treated to a five-star experience at Salamander Resort, with now a lifetime full of memories to look back on.

I could write volumes of how incredible Christina Gibson is, alone, who was my guide throughout the planning process. I could also write volumes on Jason Reaves and him taking our cake vision and turning it into a reality (no one ever goes for a second piece of cake at a wedding and ours was completely gone). Finally, I could also go on and on about the bell staff, the catering staff, the banquet staff, and everyone else that helped to make our night more perfect than we had expected.

From the venue itself, to the INCREDIBLE food, to the flexibility in layout, to options for our different events, to the bridal suite, and so much more... I highly recommend choosing Salamander for your wedding. I promise you, it will leave you with the same feeling it left us with - a state of total over-the-moon happiness!

Sent on 04/09/2019
  • Brittany

Brittany Sulkin · Married on 10/13/2018

Exceptional Service - Elegant Setting

I could NOT have picked a better place to have my wedding. They are pros. Working with Christina Gibson and the whole team was absolutely wonderful. They are responsive and professional and they have thought of EVERY detail. Truly, they made my day perfect.

Sent on 10/29/2018

Allison Perry · Married on 09/08/2018

Luxury Wedding!

Salamander Resort was a remarkable place for our wedding in 2018. We are still pinching ourselves that this was a real experience. Christina was wonderful to work with, remaining professional and positive throughout the entire wedding planning process. Our tasting experience was magical. Salamander staff truly think through every detail and exude luxury. We can not recommend this location enough for a beautiful Virginia countryside wedding.

Sent on 06/13/2020

courtney · Married on 09/01/2018

Salamander Resort & Spa was my daughter's wedding venue earlier this month; it was an amazing place for her wedding!! The look & feel of this venue is perfect for weddings; it is elegant but at the same time welcoming. When we walk into the lobby/reception we always feel at home, and we feel inspired! The ballroom is gorgeous, there is a culinary garden that is beautiful & special. The in-house wedding organizers are exceptional & great to work with!! Faye Siegert

Sent on 09/20/2018

megan · Married on 10/28/2017

Christina and Chloe did a wonderful job of wedding planning for us! The entire staff is so accommodating and amazing as is the food and cakes baked by the chefs! Our wedding was a complete dream and the entire thing flew by so quickly and smoothly! The venue runs a tight ship and gives the bride, groom, and family a no-brainer planning experience. If I could rate them 100 stars I would - absolutely recommend this venue and their services to all brides in the search!

Sent on 11/17/2017
  • Ally

Ally · Married on 05/28/2017

We got married at The Salamander in May and the weekend could not have been more perfect! The grounds are stunning, it is impossible to not fall in love with the beauty of the resort. Every single staff person that we encountered was insanely helpful, accommodating, and made our guests feel very welcome. If you're looking for a luxurious equestrian-themed, countryside resort vacation you can't go wrong with The Salamander. We can't wait to go back!!!!

Our coordinator Lindsay was a dream to work with and her team over-delivered in every way! They were even able to make us a vegan and gluten-free cake and add in a last minute brunch the day before the wedding with no issues at all! We did not have to worry about a thing the day of the wedding and knew we were in great hands. They did an excellent job managing vendors and shifting things around immediately before our outdoor ceremony with the not-so-perfect weather and it turned out beautifully! Our guests took horse and carriage rides around the grounds during cocktail hour (it is an equestrian themed resort after all)! The reception in the ballroom was GORGEOUS, the mother of the groom was completely speechless the next day and could not put into words how pretty the room was. It was nice logistics-wise to have everything (ceremony, cocktail hour, reception, after-party, hotel, brunch) in one spot. The guest room suites are also a beautiful spot for the bride to get ready. I'd definitely recommend this venue for weddings or other events!!!! Absolutely perfect dream venue!!!

Sent on 07/19/2017

Kelsey · Married on 11/19/2016

The Salamander hosted our wedding reception and everything was perfect! Lindsay and Chloe went way above and beyond to make sure everything for our wedding day was perfect. They coordinated with all of our vendors and took care of all of the set up for the cocktail hour and reception. Even with a bad weather forecast that required a last minute cocktail hour location change, everything went smoothly and all was taken care of. The food and cake were INCREDIBLE and all of the wait staff were so kind and accommodating. I honestly do not know what I would have done without Lindsay and Chloe being there every step of the way. They thought of every small thing and there is literally nothing I can say that I didn't like about the whole experience. I could go on and on...cant say enough good things about the beautiful resort and the perfect staff at the Salamander Hotel and Spa!

Sent on 01/03/2017

Elizabeth · Married on 11/05/2016

The Salamander was everything we could have ever wanted and more! The grounds and venues are stunning, the staff is polite and responsive, and the accommodations are unmatched! Lindsay Forseth, The Salamander's Director of Catering, was absolutely amazing! I can not say enough about helpful she was with all details of the wedding. She was friendly, responsive, detail-oriented, and made sure the evening went off without a hitch! I would highly recommend this venue to couples looking for a wedding venue. It really was a dream come true!

Sent on 11/08/2016
  • W

Will · Married on 10/29/2016

Look at a couple of other venues for a reality check, especially considering the overall value of all of the included elements that Salamander offers, then choose Salamander

Sent on 11/12/2016

Lori · Married on 09/04/2016

I can't say enough good things about The Salamander Resort & Spa and their AMAZING wedding coordinator, Lindsay Forseth. EVERY SINGLE detail throughout our wedding weekend was perfection.

Lindsay and her staff were helpful, responsive, attentive, patient, understanding and so thorough – it’s clear that they knew exactly what they were doing! Lindsay was organized and on top of every little detail and made sure that the whole day flowed smoothly. Our wedding took place over a very busy holiday weekend where there was a wedding every night (Friday, Saturday and our wedding on Sunday) but not once did Lindsay make us feel like we weren’t her first priority. I have no clue how she balances all the events at The Salamander but she does it flawlessly.

The wedding weekend itself could not have gone any better. The rooms at the resort are gorgeous, so all of our guests were really happy, and every single staff person was incredibly kind and helpful. Our guests are still commenting weeks later on how amazing the resort was and that they can’t wait to go back.

When we started looking for a venue we knew we didn’t want our wedding at the typical DC hotel where every ballroom is in a basement. At the Salamander we were able to have our ceremony outside on the grand lawn, our cocktail hour in the gorgeous culinary garden and reception in the ballroom. You simply can’t find anything like it in DC! The food was amazing and Jason Reeves (pastry chef) did the most incredible job with our delicious wedding cake. It was honestly the most amazing weekend of our lives and we owe much of that to The Salamander Resort & Spa and Lindsay Forseth. A huge thank you to the entire Salamander Resort & Spa team and we would recommend them ten times over!

Sent on 09/19/2016

Clarice · Married on 09/02/2016

Everything that Salamander does is with professionalism and pride. Everyone is very courteous and come across as really enjoying their job. Even if you aren't sure what it is you exactly want, they will help and give ideas for events and experiences.

Sent on 09/19/2016

Ashika · Married on 07/02/2016

Our wedding at the Salamander was a dream from start to finish. The lion's share of credit goes to their superb wedding coordinator, Lindsay Forseth. She was willing to work with us on all aspects of the wedding, is incredibly organized, and coordinated everything the day of without a hitch. The property is gorgeous and we staged three different events there over three days--a pre-wedding reception and polo event, the wedding ceremony and reception, and a farewell brunch the next day. All our guests couldn't stop talking about the wonderful experience. I also used their hair and makeup service at the spa and worked with their on-site AV vendors, who produced impeccable sound and lighting. Thank you to the Salamander and Lindsay for our dream wedding!! We will be back next year for our anniversary!

Sent on 07/20/2016

Erica · Married on 06/03/2016

Lindsay Forseth and Kennan Brown at Salamander Resort & Spa were simply fantastic. They were extraordinarily communicative, receptive, and responsive...really a pleasure throughout the entire wedding planning process (not to mention keeping us sane during the wedding!). They were always on top of things and extremely detail-oriented. The wedding at Salamander was a dream thanks to their efforts; we truly can't say enough good things about how accommodating Lindsay and Kennan have been. Everything from answering questions about the contract, to the tasting, to every little silly detail, they were just incredible...first class. We strongly recommend them.

Sent on 06/07/2016

Audry · Married on 03/05/2016

Lindsay Forseth and the entire Salamander team were fantastic. We desired a small, elegant wedding and that is exactly what we had. They can accommodate very large weddings as well and will help find activities for your guests around the local area as well. We were most impressed with the full service nature of the packages offered by The Salamander. As two working professionals, not having to deal with different vendors for linens, cutlery, pastry chef, and chef was instrumental in our choice, as well as having the ceremony and reception in close proximity to each other. The list of preferred vendors was also incredibly helpful, the range of prices, services and quality of the preferred vendors listed met the mark for all of our needs. it also made it easier to narrow the choices of vendors and knowing they had previously worked with the Salamander staff was comforting. The Salamander staff was incredibly responsive to small and large requests to include answering questions on the weekend. The tasting was an incredible experience. The professionalism of the entire staff to include the servers, and a drop in by the Manager to ensure everything was going well let me know that we were the focus of their attention. This was a five star experience all the way around.

Sent on 03/17/2016

Paul · Married on 02/27/2016

The Vendor, The Salamander Resort & Spa and their Catering/ Planning services were beyond terrific. Venue is gorgeous. Service is exceptional . No details were missed. A beautiful event.

Sent on 03/03/2016

Kerri · Married on 01/02/2016

Lindsay was such a pleasure to work with. She completely understood my vision and executed it beautifully. Everything was exactly how I had been dreaming my wedding would be since I was a little girl. The Salamander will forever hold a special place in our hearts.

Sent on 03/08/2016

Priscilla · Married on 10/04/2015

The Salamander was the most exquisite setting I could have imagined for a wedding, unique, incredibly memorable and impressive to guests, and the event team equally matched the setting by their level of expertise, attention to detail, care & attention throughout the process that I have nothing but amazing things to say about our wedding planning experience from start to finish. We were blown away by the day of, by the event team, the entire team at the Salamander, and how uniquly beautiful and enjoyable having our guests at the resort was. The food and service was phenomenal, the desire to really make it a special experience for both myself, the groom, and our families by the staff was unheard of. Will be going back to visit many times as it's such a memorable place to have had a wedding in a beautiful setting in the charming town of Middleburg.

Sent on 11/17/2015

Jess · Married on 09/26/2015

Salamander was absolutely perfect for my wedding, I loved every second!! Lindsay was an angel and kept me calm and ensured that all the events went smoothly.

Sent on 09/29/2015

Stacey · Married on 09/06/2015

Wow, wow, wow and wow!! I am still in awe of how phenomenal our son's wedding celebration at the Salamander Resort and Spa was! We are SO glad that we chose the Salamander as the wedding location: it exceeded every possible dream that we had for the celebration. Every one of our guests absolutely loved being there and we just could not have been happier!

The staff at the Salamander was fantastic, the guest rooms were just beautiful, the food was so delicious at every event, the activities were beyond wonderful, the spa was so luxurious, the proximity to the town of Middleburg was a real treat, and the scenery and location could not be beat!

Sent on 09/11/2015

Lisa · Married on 08/01/2015

Even though the Salamander Inn's beauty and location can win over any guest immediately -- the attention and service that Lindsay and her team provided to focus on every detail for my daughter's wedding exceeded my expectations and delivered the wow we wanted! Storybook setting, Storybook details....thank you!

Sent on 08/06/2015

Mary · Married on 07/25/2015

I would highly recommend the Salamander Resort and Spa! The grounds, hotel, and reception area are impeccably maintained. The food at the cocktail hour and reception was outstanding! Lindsay Forseth, the Catering Manager did a phenomenal job of helping us to plan our daughter's wedding reception. She was always quick to respond to any questions or concerns and was very easy to contact during the entire process.

Sent on 08/03/2015

My son and daughter-in-law were married on July 3. From the time the venue was booked last August, Lindsay was awesome to work with. Throughout the year, she was consistently responsive to all questions even when she had a day off work. She is highly regarded by vendors we worked with. She has extensive experience as a wedding event planner having worked at the Ritz Carlton and Landsdowne. The Salamander is so elegant and impressive with a very professional staff who provide exceptional customer service. The food was outstanding, and the pastry chef, Jason Reeves, was amazing. Thank you for making this a magical and unforgettable night.

Sent on 07/10/2015
  • Meghan

Meghan · Married on 06/13/2015

We had our wedding at the Salamander about a month ago and we were absolutely blown away by the level of service and quality of the experience we received. From the start Lindsay was on top of everything and so helpful - she sat through our lengthy tasting and was cheerful the whole time! We were able to go out multiple times to check out the reception space and every single person we came in contact with was so genuine and good-natured! On the day of our actual wedding, we didn't have to worry about a thing - Lindsay and our wedding planner had the whole thing completely handled. The food was absolutely delicious and came out perfectly, and people raved about our cake. I can't wait to go back to the Salamander for our anniversary next year, and could not adequately put into words how impressed our guests were by the entire property! I would absolutely recommend this to anyone looking for a comfortable venue located in one of the most beautiful areas of northern Virginia!

Sent on 07/10/2015