Ryan Brown Catering New York Reviews

36 Reviews for Ryan Brown Catering New York

36 Ryan Brown Catering New York Reviews
  • Arnold

Arnold Glick · Married on 11/03/2018

Great catering, especially for those with food allergies!

Our wedding had a lot of guests (including the bride) with all different food allergies. Ryan made sure that all of the allergies were accommodated for and everything tasted incredible! Our guests gave us many compliments about the food, not even knowing that it was all allergy-friendly. Picking out the place settings was really fun as well, the entire experience was seamless, professional, and enjoyable. We highly recommend working with Ryan!

• Amber

Amber · Married on 09/28/2018

Rave Reviews Still Pouring In!

Patty, who helped coordinate everything for the food for our wedding, is a star! She was able to help adjust things to my tastes by making two stations into one (Potato Station & Skewer station became 'Meat & Potato Station) and was super helpful in coordinating rentals as well. The price is really reasonable, and and the food was amazing! Throughout the wedding, someone brought my husband and me food and drink, which was super helpful and much appreciated!

Overall, I really enjoyed the food, and my guests--who are used to the traditional sit-down dinner--loved the stations option. It was a hit and people are still telling me how great it was! I would definitely recommend to brides-to-be in the future!

Kayla Shaw Morrison · Married on 09/22/2018

Great listener who is incredibly flexible & versatile - Exceeded out wildest expectations!

Absolutely! Ryan Brown was amazing throughout the whole process! We first had Ryan's food at our friends backyard wedding in Brooklyn, elegant and delicious family style - so we got his contact from them for our wedding. We did a few tastings in NYC to perfect the menu - he offered tons of great ideas, but also really listened to what we want and made everything specially the way we wanted it. Everything was delicious, beautiful and his staff were very professional. We would highly recommend Ryan Brown for a wedding - especially if you're looking to get creative with the menu or have something unique in mind! We loved it !

Leigh-Ann · Married on 08/31/2018

Amazing quality, attention to detail, and responsiveness

Ryan and his team were extremely professional and very accommodating of all of our requests. He was there to help us with all details that were on our mind, and was able to answer all of my questions very quickly. He helped with the details such as picking out all table settings, going over our timelines and even helped with set up and break down of the space. He went way above and beyond for us, we are truly thankful for his hard work.People say you never eat on your wedding day, well, I for sure ate the shortribs! They were delicious! My one regret was not eating enough of the dessert!! My husband really wanted cinnamon ice cream, and he was able to deliver one of the best mini cinnamon ice cream cones I have ever had! Thank you, Ryan and Team for the most amazing wedding night ever!! You really made it special!

J · Married on 06/24/2018

We hired Ryan Brown Catering (RBC) for our wedding at the Dumbo Loft in late June. They were flexible, accommodating, and great to work with! The Korean hor d'oeuvres served during Cocktail Hour were a hit!! And our guests raved about the dinner and dessert bar! We also had guests with dietary restrictions (e.g., gluten allergy, vegetarian), and the menu was easily adjusted to accommodate all preferences (the vegetarian lasagna is AMAZING). RBC was also open to our suggestions for other mains, which was great. Our main contact, Patty, was helpful, easy to work with, and on top of things. She offered great advice when we asked for it, which was super helpful because my hubby and I planned the entire wedding ourselves. Our wedding menu was a dream. Thank you, Patty and Ryan Brown catering!!!

Lauren · Married on 06/03/2018

Ryan Brown Catering was great to work with. They provided amazing food, service, and overall support with making our wedding beautiful. We worked with Patty, who was very responsive and helped us navigate the food and drink offerings. Also, Ryan Brown was very open to adjusting our menu based on cultural foods that we liked. I had asked about a dessert that included dulce de leche, and he offered Alfajores - which was perfect since my family is from Argentina! One thing we learned was that their services are for 6 hours, and those 6 hours start at the invitation time. This wasn't made too clear to us, so we requested to extend the service by an hour so that we could make the most out of the night. Also, bread wasn't automatically included in our initial proposal/package, which we only realized a few months before the wedding. All in all, the service was great.

Rachel · Married on 03/24/2018

It was an absolute pleasure to work with Ryan Brown Catering for my wedding in March 2018. My fiancé and I started meeting with Patty about a year in advance, and she was always friendly, professional, and responsive over email. She helped us to figure out a menu plan that worked within our budget, and we appreciated the flexibility -- other caterers we interviewed were much more rigid when it came to their bottom line. We had a delicious tasting in May where we and my parents enjoyed meeting Ryan and chef Jessica. I wasn't sure how a meal for 4 would scale to a family-style dinner for 140, but our wedding dinner was just as good if not better than our tasting. We've received a bunch of compliments from our guests about the food, and each dish has gotten a special mention. One guest told us she had three helpings of the fish (potato-crusted pollock with basil-sweet pea puree); my vegetarian friends raved about their special entree (vegetarian paella cake with grilled vegetables); and the big hit of the night seemed to be the beef short rib braised in red wine, which was melt-in-your-mouth tender. The hors d'oeuvres, accompaniments, and desserts were tasty as well: we heard from guests about how much they liked the zucchini fritters, spring vegetables, and salted chocolate tart in particular.
    The service at our wedding was also wonderful. The catering staff were friendly and polite, and they did a great job making sure that wine glasses and the family-style serving dishes were full throughout dinner. All in all, I'm very happy that I booked Ryan Brown Catering and would highly recommend them to anyone planning a wedding or special event.

Janessa · Married on 11/11/2017

We came across Ryan Brown after reading great things about him, and they definitely lived up to those reviews! We wanted to create a custom menu that would reflect our tastes and most importantly, provide our guests with great-tasting (and satisfying) food. Ryan worked with us to design an elaborate tasting menu that was fantastic and well within budget. What was most impressive was how much he took to mind our suggestions and ideas for dishes and woven it into a cohesive and delicious meal. The food was a major talking point during and after the wedding, and we couldn't be happier with how accommodating and responsive Ryan and his team were throughout the process. We highly recommend them!

julia · Married on 09/21/2017

Ryan Brown is an absolute dream of a caterer. Not only does he serve up some down right tasty food, he does everything in his power to customize your dinner menu to your every want and need. We hired him for our wedding and he was happy to work around our budget without skimping on taste or quality. in fact, he concocted a custom fried chicken dish based on our special request that was honestly some of the best I've ever had. Ryan is so good, one of our guests, who happens to work in the food industry, approached us during the wedding to emphasize how impressed he was with the food (that burrata starter salad is just.. no words can explain how good it is). So long story short - we VERY much recommend Ryan for any of your catering needs!

Ryan Brown Catering New York 1
    Ryan Brown Catering New York 2
    Ryan Brown Catering New York 3
    Ryan Brown Catering New York 4
    Ryan Brown Catering New York 5

Patrick · Married on 09/16/2017

Ryan and his team were excellent. My now-wife and I had a fairly demanding wedding: 150 guests, a bunch with dietary restrictions, and we were planning from abroad, which introduced all kinds of logistical constraints in the weeks and months leading up to the day. In the end, Ryan and his team produced fantastic food throughout the whole night, from served appetizers at the start to the main course to dessert. Many of our guests were raving about the food. We couldn't have asked for a better caterer, really. Thanks Ryan!

Dmitriy · Married on 08/12/2017

First off, the food was outstanding. When looking for a caterer, however - especially for your wedding - you're probably concerned about more than just taste. You want a vendor who is responsive, flexible, creative, and has the experience to anticipate problems you don't expect to arise. Ryan Brown delivers on all fronts. From the outset, Ryan was able to transform our confused thematic musings into a well-crafted menu. At our tasting, he offered us numerous delicious choices and allowed us to take control of the parts of the night that we wanted to stray a bit from traditional organization. Throughout the time leading up to our wedding, he was in contact with us reminding us of important deadlines, was willing to adjust the menu, and was an invaluable source of information regarding every aspect of the event. Ryan recommended other vendors, informed us of potential logistical hurdles, and dealt politely with our families' peculiar demands. He was professional and accessible at all times. And, as I said, the food was amazing. You don't wed every day, so when you decide to embark on that adventure, make sure you involve the people who will make it as fantastic as possible. That's Ryan Brown and his team.

Ryan Brown Catering New York 6
    Ryan Brown Catering New York 7
    Ryan Brown Catering New York 8
    Ryan Brown Catering New York 9
    Ryan Brown Catering New York 10
    Ryan Brown Catering New York 11

Michela · Married on 08/06/2017

We are SO happy we chose Ryan Brown as our wedding caterer. From our first tasting to the wedding, Ryan and his team put us at ease and made the entire process incredibly smooth and stress-free. Our guests raved about the food, which was exactly what we were looking for: modern twists on classic American and Italian favorites. Beautifully presented and delicious. To top it off, Ryan’s team of servers were incredibly professional and the service was flawless: perfectly timed so that the whole evening flowed seamlessly and no guest was ever without a drink in yhei hand or food on their plate! We highly recommend Ryan Brown to anyone planning a wedding or special event in New York! - Michela + Devin

Jenny · Married on 05/27/2017

Stop searching and hire Ryan Brown right now for your wedding—the food is OUTSTANDING, better than your favorite restaurant. Our guests raved about the food non-stop, it was a giant clean-plate club. Not only is the food outstanding, but Ryan is absolutely wonderful and professional and kind and helpful, and the staff at our wedding did an exceptional job. We could not have been happier!!! They even packed us leftovers to enjoy our delicious wedding dinner all over again the next night.

Michelle · Married on 05/06/2017

I was soo happy with my experience with Ryan Brown! The service was unbelievable and the food was amazing! All the guests were raving about the food and I can't imagine my wedding without Ryan & his team :)

henry · Married on 03/11/2017

We thought it was going to be easy. I say that because we found our venue/photographer/DJ within a week. The catering was the most difficult part of the process because - let's be honest - our friends and family think they are expert foodies (and so do my wife and I!) We spent the next 3 months looking for the perfect caterer, it felt like an endless wave of blind dates with food vendors. But there was always something missing in each visit. However, our first tasting with Ryan Brown was amazing and we decided that same day we wanted to work with them. What also stood out for us was Ryan and Patty’s professionalism, patience and understanding throughout the planning process. There was even a follow-up tasting to help alleviate any concerns/questions we had regarding our final menu choices. When the time came, they were quick and informative to help with choosing rentals.

What I realize now in hindsight: it's never going to be perfect. Our wedding day was on the coldest day of winter. RB staff had to serve hot food at a venue with no kitchen. I did not realize the odds they had to face to make our day all the more special but they made it happen. We’re grateful to the day-of staff, Patty, and Ryan, for making sure our guests were well fed and taken care of. The day-of staff was also great about making sure my wife and I ate amidst all the chaos of the day! The team as a whole were expert troubleshooters and did everything with a genuine smile.

Getting married can be stressful but even though it can seem messy, having the right people to help you navigate through it all will make the process much more enjoyable. Thank you Ryan Brown, Patty and cre!w

LisaMarie · Married on 10/15/2016

It's been a month since my Wedding and people still won't stop talking about how much they loved the food. Ryan Brown and his team made every effort to bring my vision to life and it couldn't have been executed more perfectly! I was pretty difficult...I wanted an elegant affair that has the ambiance of an italian dinner at home, served family style (and on a tight budget). We built the fall inspired menu completely from scratch and adjusted ingredients as we went along, I'm pretty picky about food and luckily Patty (event coordinator) had a ton of patience and was willing to entertain my ideas. My reception was at a venue that had never hosted a wedding or a group of its size and D'Anne (event captain) made it feel like she ran events there every weekend, the service was seamless. Everyone on the staff was incredibly attentive and professional. I really can't say enough good things about Ryan and his team but if you are looking for a caterer that will not only make you feel like your ideas matter but can also execute to perfection, look no further than Ryan Brown Catering, you will not be disappointed.

Sarah · Married on 10/09/2016

Ryan Brown Catering was a Godsend for our wedding. About six months into the planning process, our original caterer (a TV chef - You may know him as a certain dessert "Boss") dropped us due to a TV show that would be taping in their kitchen. We freaked and sought out proposals from 20+ catering services. We chose Ryan Brown for many reasons: he was familiar with our venue (The Harold Pratt House), his quote was more reasonable than any other caterer, and his presentation was professional and appealing.

Booking Ryan was a real turning point in our planning process. We were relieved because he clearly knew how to throw a fabulous party at our space - and the tasting was FANTASTIC. Ryan combined some foods from both of our family traditions and even allowed for a few custom items, like Mint Julep cocktails and mini Chess pies. My southern relatives thought his mint juleps were better than ones they'd had in Texas, and the chess pies disappeared as soon as they came out! Overall, the guests raved about the food, and the wait-staff is top notch professional. Ryan in general is just a pleasure to work with - great sense of humor, responsive to emails, understanding, and again very professional.

We even had a last-minute After Party that Ryan helped us plan. We ordered some h'ors d'oeuvres for an After Party (Ryan effortlessly put a proposal together for that only a few weeks from the wedding), and then we had a minor disaster - during the wedding, we found out the After Party location was off-limits due to a broken elevator. We quickly secured a bar as a new location (during the wedding!!) and RB's team was there on time with the food, as though nothing had ever happened. So in a jam, Ryan will save your butt! One other detail I appreciated: he allows for online payment. If you want DELICIOUS unique food, outstanding service, and an overall stress-free experience, book Ryan Brown. Then breathe a sigh of relief and enjoy one of his amazing cocktails!

Ryan · Married on 08/27/2016

We cannot recommend Ryan Brown Catering enough. Ryan took care of everything for us from start to finished and really worked in the manner that felt most comfortable to us. He was responsive, timely and took us through the entire catering process in a seamless and efficient manner. Not to mention, the food was delicious. Everything he prepared felt unique and had heart/soul was put behind it. His service staff was top notch and professional. Ryan also worked closely with us on our budget and advised on ways to be more cost effective while not taking away from the overall wedding experience. If you are unsure of which caterer to go with, let us help you decide, choose Ryan and his team and you won't be disappointed.

Karthik · Married on 08/05/2016

Ryan Brown and Patty are absolutely amazing to work with! They are super flexible based on the type of event you are throwing, absolutely amazing on price, and really well organized! They did a great job catering our wedding reception and would highly recommend them!

• Janet

Janet · Married on 05/14/2016

Ryan and his team completely saved the day for us when our original caterer went out of business only a few months out from our wedding!! It was a blessing in disguise :) I was really distressed when I first contacted Ryan, but he put me completely at ease and answered all of my questions and we loved that our venue, the Harold Pratt House, had worked with and vouched for him because they are very picky about caterers and have a few quirks. We did consider several caterers but Ryan stood out as the best choice, both in terms of quality and value. Food is a really important part of both me and my now-husband's lives, and so taste was really the number one thing we were looking for, and Ryan's food looked amazing and proved to be so during our tasting, which was honestly better than many fancy restaurants we've been to.

During the planning period, Ryan and Patty were super helpful and communicative and went above and beyond in accommodating my (numerous and admittedly very picky!) requests for the menu. For instance, we actually asked him to recreate a Gramercy Tavern dish that we'd recently tried and loved as one of the entree options, and he totally nailed it which was amazing.

On the day of, Rusty and all the staff were so on point and kept everything running so smoothly. We also loved that they assigned one of the staff to us to make sure we actually got to eat the food that we'd been looking forward to for months. The passed hor d'eouvres are really out of the world and my first bite of those after all the pictures was one of the highlights of the day! The tuna crudo and crispy potato cakes are SO GOOD. They also packed a box for us with a bit of everything to take home, as well as the top layer of the cake, which was a lovely morning after treat :)

Ryan, Patty, Rusty and everyone else on the team - thank you so much for making our day as perfect as it could possibly be!! You guys are the best!!!

Danielle · Married on 12/19/2015

We had an excellent experience with Ryan Brown Catering at our December 2015 wedding.

From the start, Ryan was flexible and easy to work with. He developed a menu within our budget and customized to our venue, which prohibited red foods and wine. The private tasting, where we got to try out the menu and meet some of the team, exceeded our expectations.

That attention to detail carried over to our wedding day. Highlights included the server who brought us appetizers during family photos, and who made sure my husband and I were well taken care of; the delicious signature cocktail and attentiveness of the bar staff; and the team's skill in decorating a table and transforming a room. Not surprisingly, we received many rave reviews of the food--even a few vegetarians tried (and loved) the short ribs!!

We are so glad to have found Ryan and his wonderful team, and would recommend them to anyone.

Kate · Married on 11/14/2015

Ryan is the absolute best! After a few months working with a caterer that wasn't quite living up to our expectations, Ryan swooped in and saved the day. The tasting was exquisite! Just one informal phone call, and he had already put together the perfect menu. We changed ONE passed hors-d'oeuvre between the first tasting and the wedding day. He sympathized with us, as we vented about the craziness of planning a wedding, and he understood the challenges we faced. With families coming from 2 different parts of the world, pleasing and impressing everyone was key. Ryan was very receptive to our ideas and special requests. He put together a French menu with an American twist and the guests were blown away. I was only hoping for a passable meal, since most weddings serve mediocre food, but instead, Ryan gave us a 5 star restaurant production and some of the tastiest wedding food ever!
    He is also lovely to work with. Fun but focused, fair, punctual, and his partner D'Anne is a hoot! They helped us navigate other vendors as well and gave us plenty of valuable advice based on their past experiences. We will recommend them again and again.

Dan · Married on 09/26/2015

Ryan personally went above and beyond for me and my wife. From inviting us into his home for tastings to learning Indonesian cuisine (as a tip of the hat to my wife's family traveling in from Asia), Ryan was exceptional. In the months leading up to our wedding, he was endlessly kind, relaxed, accommodating. On the day of the event, his staff was impeccably professional as well. And the food: I lost track of how many guests told us it was the best they'd ever had at a wedding--with zero prodding from us. Every course was delicious, exactly what we wanted, beautifully presented. We could not have been happier. Ryan is a gem and we can't recommend him highly enough.

nicole · Married on 09/12/2015

Ryan and his team are absolutely fabulous. Their food is so far above and beyond "catered" food - everything actually is fresh and real and so awesome. They are also super creative and interesting, and always willing to accommodate special requests for stuff that isn't on their menus.
    In addition to the food, the execution on the day of the wedding was magnificent. Ryan's team was so on top of everything from start to finish, everything was served in a timely fashion, everyone got their food at the same time, and all of his staff were super professional. We were in a tent for my reception and it began to rain, and Ryan's team swooped in at the first drop of rain like navy seals to close the curtains to make sure the guests stayed dry. D'anne, who kind of runs the show, was absolutely amazing in taking care of every detail. She is also super nice! You cannot go wrong with Ryan Brown, he really is the best. Do it!
    Also, I cannot stress enough, the food is really fabulous.

Rebecca · Married on 08/01/2015

Working with Ryan for our wedding was everything we could have hoped for, and then some. From the initial tasting, to planning the menu, to the dancing staff at our reception, he made sure all of our dreams were reached. His food is delicious and creative. Our friends still talk about it. Thank you!