RSVP Events Reviews

68 | San Diego, CA

68 Reviews for RSVP Events

Claire Grez · Getting married on 01/01/2022

Rachel Wood and RSVP are incredible!!

Rachel Wood and her staff are incredible. I would highly recommend hiring them for any event. They are a pleasure to work with, and they completely know what they are doing. Their amazing work will allow you to have a wonderful time at your event. They were our party planner for our son's recent Bar Mitzvah, and it was incredible. Recommend!

Sent on 02/22/2020

RSVP Events's reply:

Thank you, Claire! We loved working with your family and appreciated all the trust you showed us during the planning process.

Jill Epstein · Getting married on 11/11/2020

Creative, fun professional

Rachel stepped in and expertly orchestrated our day-of logistics for my daughter's bat mitzvah. This included pre-event brainstorming and day-of décor set-up. I was so impressed with Rachel that I subsequently hired her for my company's corporate event!

Sent on 03/01/2020

RSVP Events's reply:

Thank you, Jill! I enjoy working with a professional like yourself and can't thank you enough for the referrals you have sent our way. We are so grateful!

Love, Rachel
  • Laurel

Laurel Schechter · Married on 02/29/2020

Broadway-themed Bat Mitzvah

RSVP Events helped us plan our daughter's Broadway-themed Bat Mitzvah. Rachel was fantastic to work with! From the very first appointment she was responsive, flexible, creative, and did everything possible to help develop a vision and bring it to life. She has a great network of vendors and researched new ones when needed, and generally made everything as easy as possible for us. She was always available to answer questions and bounce ideas off of, and kept me on track throughout the entire process. I can't recommend them highly enough!!

Sent on 03/05/2020

RSVP Events's reply:

Thank you, Laurel! We had so much working with you. You had a BRIGHT vision and it all came together so beautifully. Thank you for trusting us with such a big day!
  • U

Uriel · Married on 01/25/2020

Wonderful planners that really care about your event!

Rachel and her team did a great job with the Bar Mitzvah party. They brought fresh ideas and assisted in every aspect of the event— catering, decoration, DJ, etc, and were spot-on with every detail!

Sent on 01/28/2020

RSVP Events's reply:

Thank you!!! We really had fun with your event because you trusted us to do our jobs and really gave us creative freedom on it. Can't wait to work with you on the next one :) xoxox! Rachel

Sue Gilmor · Married on 01/25/2020

Day of Planner- Bar Mitzvah

Sherrill did so much to make my event easy for me. My extended family was amazed that I was back at the house enjoying some one on one time with them while all the party prep chaos was occurring back in the social hall. It was so wonderful to just arrive and have everything set up and looking perfect ! I appreciated how easily you came up with ideas and solutions to any and all items that popped up - and reminding me of things I had overlooked. RSVP is an incredible resource, so responsive, and just all-around fantastic support.

Sent on 01/28/2020

RSVP Events's reply:

Thank you Sue! You are so wonderful and easy to work with. I'm so happy to hear that you were able to put your trust in me and relax and enjoy time with your family and didn't stress out about set up.
    The party was fabulous! Thank you for letting me be part of it.
    oxox -Sherrill
  • W

Walking Adventures · Married on 11/11/2019

Table Decor for anniversay celebration at Tom Hams

Very helpful right from the start and easy to work with. Worked with our budget and produced above expectations for centerpiece décor of the tables! Appreciated the good referrals for other services as well!

Sent on 11/18/2019
  • Lacey

Lacey · Married on 10/05/2019

Sherrill provided excellent guidance!

We met with Sherrill pretty early in our wedding planning, and she provided guidance that has been my north star throughout. She encouraged me to think about the venue as just four walls-- curate an event that fit our personalities, our budget, and our lifestyle. Don't feel pressured to do anything that doesn't help build toward the attitude and vibe we're looking for.
    This was incredibly freeing, helping us really narrow in on the things we care about and designing an event that achieved our goals. Sherrill gave me permission I didn't know I needed to let my sense of fun and whimsy emerge in non-traditional ways. We're getting married and throwing a fun party, our way. Sherrill got our vision, and provided some excellent ideas to get us started!

Sent on 10/01/2019

RSVP Events's reply:

Thank you Lacey! I can't wait to see how you and Jacob make it "yours". And so glad I could help in any way! It will be amazing and I'm looking forward to it!

Sherrill
  • Ashley

Ashley Galloway Allen · Married on 10/05/2019

RSVP's Rachel Wood is the wedding master!

Rachel handled all my set up and day-of coordination with such ease. There was a lot to be done in a short amount of time, and she made sure to execute without me worrying about anything. We had a rough plan drafted of where each vendor would set up and how all my decor would be arranged, but on the day quite a few changes were needed and Rachel handled so seamlessly- it honestly turned out better! Planning all the details on my own and then passing it off to someone on the very day of my wedding was tough (control issues) but we had the best possible outcome. All my guests had the best time and even complimented Rachel's work ethic/style. With all of the bride & groom to-dos, we never felt pressured or rushed- everything was smooth. I would urge anyone and everyone to work with RSVP for full wedding planning and/or coordination. Thanks, Rach!

Sent on 10/15/2019

RSVP Events's reply:

Thank you for the kind words, Ashley!!!! You had a clear vision and it was fun bringing it to life. It was an honor to be apart of your special day. Thank you for your trust. I know how much time and love goes into planning a wedding...... so happy it went the way you wanted it to. xoxox Rachel!

Sebastian Field · Married on 09/28/2019

A chance meeting.

When my wife and I were looking to get married, we tried to plan the whole thing ourselves. We didnt know how much work it would actually take us, and after about 6 months, we gave up and started looking for a wedding planner. We couldn't find any within our budget for a while. Until my mom happened to have an exchange of words with one of these 2 fantastic ladies at a Baskin Robin's in Poway. Even after losing the business card, we were still able to track her down on the internet. Rachel and Sherrill are both fantastic at what they do. They were always quick to respond to any questions or concerns we had, they were extremely flexible with our budget, and they were fantastic to interact with in person and over the phone.

They both helped us stay on time and helped with planning things we never would have thought of.

My wife and I get to spend the rest of our lives together knowing that it officially started with one of the most beautiful days I could hope for.

I hope for nothing but joy and success for Rachel and Sherrill.

Sent on 10/23/2019

RSVP Events's reply:

Aw! Thank you, Sebastian!!! We are so happy for our chance meeting and even happier we were able to assist with such a beautiful day. Thank you for including us.
  • Debbie

Debbie Groyer · Married on 09/22/2019

Thank goodness for Sherrill!!!

Sherrill was amazing! She took such a personal interest in the planning of my daughter's wedding, that I felt as though we were her only clients. Her many years of experience have provided her with a vast body of knowledge, which was very helpful in making decisions, from vendors to minute details. We would have wasted a lot of time without her guidance. My daughter and I felt comforted and confident having Sherrill at the helm during this frenetic and momentous time period.
    Sherrill is also extremely diplomatic and adept at communicating effectively so as to validate everyone's feelings and choices.
    Without hesitation I would recommend Sherrill and RSVP Events to plan events of any kind!

Sent on 09/28/2019

RSVP Events's reply:

Thank you so much Debbie! It was a pleasure working with all of you on planning Emily & Gabe's wedding. They both had wonderful ideas which made it fun and easy to put it all together. Thanks for letting us be a part of it!

Sherrill
  • Natalie

Natalie Lomazov · Married on 09/12/2019

Excellent Customer Service

Rachel Wood at RSVP Events was an absolutely amazing party planner! I was extremely detail-oriented with planning our daughter's bat mitzvah and sent Rachel numerous e-mails daily for almost the last 3 months in addition to e-mails and phone calls for about a year prior to her party. Rachel provided the best customer service we have ever experienced and was extremely responsive to all of my questions and concerns the entire time. She truly went above and beyond to make our vision of the party come to life and make everything perfect. We had the bat mitzvah at the social hall of our synagogue and Rachel and her team transformed the party into the look of an elegant ballroom at half the price! They brought in decorations, pipe and drape for the doors, centerpieces, the backdrop, linens, etc. and even came in a day ahead of time to make sure everything was set up and running on schedule. The lighting was beautiful as well. They also helped us with making a seating chart sign, coming up with the signature drink, themed napkins, bathroom decor, and communicating with all of the vendors. Rachel was extremely involved during the party as well to make sure everything ran smoothly. Rachel's partner Sherrill was extremely supportive the entire time as well. Even though I was extremely involved with the planning and detail-oriented the entire time, Rachel and Sherrill never made me feel like I was a nuisance and always followed up on any requests I made (including last minute requests). This is the best party planning service for bat mitzvahs in San Diego and I had several friends ask for their referral information after attending our party. Thanks so much again to Rachel, Sherrill, and the entire team at RSVP events for making our daughter's bat mitzvah such a perfect occasion! We will never forget your kindness!

Sent on 12/09/2019

RSVP Events's reply:

wow! Thank you, Natalie!!! We really did enjoy working with your entire family and we are so pleased with how everything turned out. We cannot wait for the professional photos to come back so we can relive such a wonderful afternoon :) xoxox! - Rachel
  • Jeff

Jeff Fisher · Married on 07/18/2019

Vow Renewal Ceremony

What a great experience! Rachel was there every step of the way making sure our special event went off without a hitch. I learned quickly that there are a lot of details that need to be worked out for any event-especially one of this size. I will never do an event without Rachel and the team at RSVP-Invaluable resource and worth the investment!!!

Sent on 07/18/2019

RSVP Events's reply:

Thank you Jeff!!!! I absolutely love working with you and Laurie. The renewal was so special and we were honored to assist on such an important event.

Patricia Marie Anstett · Married on 07/15/2019

Rsvp events (sherrill)

Sherrill, at RSVP EVENTS, was absolutely professional and very friendly on every aspect of the wedding coordination! We hired her for a "day of the wedding coordinator," however she kept us completely updated on everything we needed to accomplish ahead of schedule in a timely manner for many months! I wish I would have hired her for my oldest daughter's wedding 9 years ago. I would 100% recommend RSVP EVENTS to anyone considering hiring a wedding coordinator. They are available for the "entire wedding coordination" and "day of wedding coordinator!" Our youngest daughter spent many hours and days and months planning her wedding. It was a tremendous, overwhelming amount of work to do on your own. Hiring RSVP EVENTS (and in our case, we asked Sherrill to be our coordinator), would make everything completely stress free from day one. Sherrill works extremely diligently, is very knowledgeable, and does an absolutely beautiful job! She knows people in all areas associated with weddings (flowers, decorations, venues, etc.) that she can recommend. If we had another wedding in the family, I would definitely hire RSVP EVENTS again! They are excellent! Can not get any better! Be sure to contact them early enough, though, so you can be more guaranteed to book them! We were completely impressed with everything they did for us!

Sent on 07/15/2019

RSVP Events's reply:

Thank you Patti! You and Christina were a pleasure to work with and made my job so easy! I wanted to do more for you!!! The wedding was beautiful and now they are a beautiful, happy family. I was honored to be chosen as you coordinator!
  • Christina

Christina Hobson · Married on 05/25/2019

Sherrill was an awesome wedding day coordinator!

Sherrill was awesome for our wedding! She had creative ideas and responded to all my emails quickly! She even met me at my venue and helped map out the floor plan for our wedding night! She was easy to work with, professional, knowledgeable, and definitely knows the wedding industry! She can recommend several vendors for whatever you're looking for! She kept in contact with all our vendors and made the whole wedding process seamless and as peaceful as possible! I would highly suggest using Sherrill for your wedding day!

Sent on 07/17/2019

RSVP Events's reply:

Thank you Christina! It was a beautiful wedding. It was a pleasure & fun to work with you and on your wedding day to witness your families come together. It is easy to see that this is truly "Happily Ever After"!

Dana Gabriel · Married on 03/16/2019

Excellent service and professionalism!

This was my first bar mitzvah and I had no idea what I was doing. RSVP Events put my mind at ease immediately— comprehensive check list was invaluable. Quick response to all my questions along the way and complete ease of mind on the day of the event. Did not check my phone once!!! Did not think about a single detail and put all my trust in them..the event couldn’t have gone better!

Sent on 03/28/2019

RSVP Events's reply:

Thank you Dana!!!! Reviews like this make our day and remind us why we do what we do. We loved working with you and can't wait for the next one!!!

Angelina Munoz · Married on 11/17/2018

Thank you RSVP Events!

I was the lucky winner of a month of coordination package from RSVP Events, and it was truly a blessing! Sherrill not only offered "month of" services, but she made sure to be there along the way. Whenever I needed to get in touch with her, I would always get a prompt response from her. We truly enjoyed working with Sherrill. She always tried to find time to meet up with me and go over different details of our big day.
    I would definitely recommend RSVP Events to whoever is looking for wedding coordination.

Thank you so much for taking care of all the details and helping me have such a beautiful wedding!

Sent on 12/11/2018

Katy · Married on 11/03/2018

Picture Perfect Wedding

I thought I could do everything myself for my 50-guest 2nd wedding and reception. I realized I needed help a few weeks before my wedding. Sherrill and Rachel were so understanding and helpful. I couldn’t have asked for a better experience. Every one of my guests commented how smooth and picture perfect everything was. Little did they know how much of that was due to all the help and guidance they provided both before and on the big day. I definitely should have called them earlier in the process and taken advantage of their wonderful expertise.

I hope to be able to use their services for future events.

Sent on 11/19/2018

RSVP Events's reply:

wow!!! Katy you are so kind!! It was a BEAUTIFUL day and we were so honored you allowed us to be apart of it. We will always remember how clear the skies were and as soon you were done taking photos on the beach, all the clouds and fog rolled in. As if they were waiting for you to get the photos you wanted before they came in....
    Wishing you and David a lifetime of happiness!! xoxo- S&R

Alicia · Married on 10/20/2018

Made my Harry Potter themed wedding come to LIFE

Rachel Wood was absolutely AMAZING. As this is my first (and last) wedding, at some point I had no idea what I was doing. She was technically my day of coordinator but went above and beyond that title. She answered my emails promptly about anything that was confusing, gave me advice, options, just EVERYTHING. I was over thinking so much and was convinced everything was going to go wrong on my special day but nope. Took my vision and made it come to life 100%. Even added her own touch (I had a Harry Potter themed wedding) that was just perfect. I cant put into words how thankful I am for Rachel from RSVP weddings!

Sent on 11/21/2018

RSVP Events's reply:

Thank you, Alicia!!!! You were so easy to work with and just a genuine person... we wanted to make sure your day was PERFECT :) We love a good themed wedding, and all the Harry Potter details were definitely memorable.

Anna · Married on 09/22/2018

Hiring Rachel Wood from RSVP Events was one of the best decisions l made while planning my husband's 40th birthday party. She was professional, extremely helpful, and made my planning a lot less stressful! Her attention to details and experience took my husband's party to the next level; all of our guests were very impressed with the party. I highly recommend her for any of your event planning needs, especially a wedding or a fabulous birthday party!!!

Sent on 09/24/2018

RSVP Events's reply:

Thank you Anna! I had fun planning the event with you and taking time for all those little details that brought your 007 theme to life! You sure know how to throw a good party! xoxox Rachel

Emma · Married on 08/11/2018

Rachel was amazing! I just can't say enough good things about her. I was skeptical about hiring a planner to help with my son's Bar Mitzvah, but I am so glad that I did! Rachel worked with me to come up with a plan that was in my budget. And believe me, she was worth every single penny paid and then some. My party was absolutely amazing, and much of that is due to Rachel. She transformed my backyard for the party, and everything looked absolutely amazing. I was able to truly enjoy every minute of my son's party, and I wouldn't have been able to do that had I not had Rachel's help. She was amazing!

Sent on 08/16/2018

RSVP Events's reply:

Thank you Emma!!!! I really enjoyed working with you on Nick's party and are so happy that you were able to have fun at the event!!! Thank you for trusting us with such a special day.

Kari · Married on 06/23/2018

Working with RSVP was an absolute pleasure! Rachel was so helpful in providing reputable vendor recommendations - many of which we ended up hiring, and were very pleased with. She was organized, efficient, and communicated with me every step of the way. She even jumped in at the last minute to help with something another person (family member, not vendor) dropped the ball on. She truly went above and beyond all my expectations of an event coordinator. If you are considering hiring RSVP, stop thinking and just do it. I promise you will be glad you did!

Sent on 07/02/2018

Jessica · Married on 06/09/2018

I couldn't be happier with RSVP!

Sent on 06/28/2018

Carl · Married on 06/02/2018

Rachel (RSVP Events) is the ninja of Wedding Coordinators! You task her with the coordination of your wedding and, like a ninja, she takes care of everything you want or need, without any worries of it being taken care of EXACTLY as you wish. We hired her originally as a “day of” coordinator and then soon after added to her task list other things (in hindsight, we certainly wish we would have had her do the entire coordination from the beginning). She thinks of EVERYTHING and took care of it with only minor input from us. In the week before the wedding she was there to answer any concerns we had, giving immediate responses to our questions, or concerns, or changes, as they arose. But that is not all: on the day of the event she had everything on a timeline WE were happy with (the flowers, photographer, reception…you name it). But it does not end there; at the reception she was there in the background, making sure that guests knew what table they were going to, getting people into the dining area when the time came, making sure that everything was running smoothly and according to plan. She coordinated with the DJ to be sure he was on the same page, and with the venue (in our case, the Ida and Cecil Green Faculty Club at UCSD) to ensure that the reception was perfect. AND IT WAS!!!! I refer to her as a ninja because she quietly took care of everything without us even realizing she was. She was there from noon (four hours before the reception) until the very end (9 PM that evening). She would gently remind us when there was something we had to do (like Father-Daughter dance), so my wife and I (as well as the Bride and Groom and all our guests) could completely enjoy the occasion. If you are looking for an event planner/coordinator, save yourself some time and HIRE RACHEL! You will never make a better decision, regardless of the event you hire her for.

Sent on 06/06/2018

RSVP Events's reply:

wow....ninja!!!! THANK YOU for your kind words. It was an absolute pleasure working with you. The day was truly perfect and I'm honored to have been apart of it.
    xoxo, Rachel

Sharon · Married on 05/26/2018

They were fantastic. We used them for advice in advance and for a full day of the event planning. They made sure our vision came to life and that no detail was left untouched. The place looked fabulous and everything went off without a hitch. It was wonderful not to have to worry about anything the day of the event and to be able to show up and just be "wow"ed!

Sent on 05/30/2018

RSVP Events's reply:

Sharon, thank you for your trust on such a special day!!!! We enjoyed working with you and seeing all of your hard work come to life! It was a true labor of love :) We seriously LOVED how the room looked..... from the glow tables to the custom backdrop to the lighting and gobos on the walls.... pure perfection!!! And the DJ had everyone on the dance floor the entire night!!! xoxox.