RSVP Event Center by Village Catering Reviews

41 | Loveland, OH

41 Reviews for RSVP Event Center by Village Catering

Stacey Weber · Getting married on 03/20/2020

Great experience overall

Super nice people, great food , affordable. What more could you ask for

Sent on 05/17/2019

RSVP Event Center by Village Catering's reply:

Thank you so much for the nice review Stacey. It has been so nice working with you. We can't wait to celebrate with you in March!
  • Adrienne

Adrienne · Married on 09/21/2019

Best Bang for Your Buck

When my FH and I unexpectedly bumped up our wedding date, we didn't exactly realize how far in advance we would have to find a venue! We went through almost every venue and park within a 25 mile radius of us and then found RSVP Event Center. They were able to accommodate our afternoon wedding request (11am-3pm) and they have been nothing but easy and professional to work with. They have so many different options available that I'm sure anyone could have their event here. They have seemingly endless menu options and so many different color and style options. Sarah has been AMAZING throughout this whole process and she has always replied very quickly to any questions we have.

Sent on 06/06/2019

RSVP Event Center by Village Catering's reply:

Thank you for the great review Adrienne :) We are so happy you found us and we are looking forward to your wedding in September!
  • Meagan

Meagan · Married on 08/02/2019

Great and affordable food for large weddings

We mainly worked with Jill for our planning. She was so easy to get in touch with and was very helpful for suggesting things with set up etc. for us rookies. She set up a personal tasting for my mom and I to try the food way in advance. We were able to make payments in advance and have the tip included with our fee so we didn't have to worry about it the day of. During our reception they carried our plates to our table for us and always made sure we had a drink if we wanted it. Our guests had so many compliments about the food and their staff. We were very pleased with the overall results. At the end of the night they donated our leftover food to a shelter! Definitely would recommend them!

Sent on 08/20/2019

Hi Meagan,
    Thanks for posting this wonderful review! You and your mom were so great to work with. All the best to you and Matt!!!
    Jill

Kristine · Married on 11/18/2017

I would choose them again in a heartbeat. A friend who recently got married asked how much our meal was a plate and was shocked to hear how cost effective Village Pantry was. For the quality of food and service, he thought it would have been double the price. They were wonderfully polite, accommodating, and yummy.

Sent on 12/07/2017

James · Married on 09/30/2017

This review isn't for the event center, but the caterer that works it...they catered our Dayton wedding.

Village pantry catering was an excellent choice of vendor all the way from the planning process through to the event itself. While attempting to determine which vendor we wanted, we had one potential vendor (NOT this one!) that ended up being very difficult to get ahold of--we ended up not hiring them for precisely that reason. Because of this, it ended up being over a full month between when we had our tasting with Village Pantry and when we ended up signing their contract. At no point however did Village Pantry hassle us for a decision. The wedding planning process was very stressful for us and we REALLY appreciated that Village Pantry just stepped back and let us handle things in our own time.

Price-wise, honestly, I think they undercharge for their food. Obviously you can pay some vendor $50 per plate and get more than Village Pantry offers, but the quality of the food we received from them was WAY above the price we paid for it. Everything was amazing from the appetizers to the main course.

They were also able to work with us on some of the things we wanted to do custom for the wedding. We brought some of our own appetizers in the form of a cookie table (a very delicious southwest PA tradition) and they were able to help us scale the hors d'oeuvres appropriately. We were also interested in purchasing our own beer/wine for the wedding and they were able to provide bartending services for us, giving us one fewer vendor to hire and have to worry about.

Hiring Village Pantry was a great experience and you should hired them too.

Sent on 10/08/2017

Cristin · Married on 07/30/2016

We had the choice of three caterers at our venue, but when we tasted Village Pantry's food and met their staff, we knew they were the perfect blend of delicious food, reasonable pricing, and great staff. The food on the night of the wedding was perfect and they even made a special plate for my vegetarian and vegan guests. I never felt pressured to add on appetizers/pass-arounds/other things out of my budget, but we got so many compliments on the food! I wholeheartedly recommend them!!

Sent on 12/30/2016

RSVP Event Center by Village Catering's reply:

Thanks for the great feedback, Cristin! Best wishes and happy new year.

VP was amazing to work with - I specifically had the pleasure of working with Jill. She was patient, collaborative and supportive from day one. I had a vision and she helped to make it a reality. The planning for the reception went so well that we ended up booking them for our rehearsal too. Everyone raved about the exceptional, "non-wedding" food all night long at both events. I also want to make a note that VP is family operated - so I got to meet Jill's sister, uncle and brother. Everyone was so helpful and warm; it made the overall experience an absolute breeze!

Sent on 07/27/2016
  • soontobeberling

Alex · Married on 06/04/2016

The Village Pantry has delicious food, and my parents have used them for a variety of corporate functions! The food tasting was delicious, and they will work with you if you have specific requests!

Sent on 04/24/2016

Kellsey · Married on 05/28/2016

We loved everything about Village Pantry Catering and our wedding reception was fantastic. We received so many compliments on the food and the entire staff worked to make sure everything went smoothly. They were so attentive to us and our guests. We worked with Cathy during the planning process and she was readily available to answer any questions and offer advice.

Sent on 06/16/2016

Michelle · Married on 05/22/2016

Village Pantry was terrific ! They worked with us every step of the way and gave excellent suggestions. We enjoyed our tasting session and felt confident in our choices. I spoke frequently with Jill and Cathy, and they kept me updated and on track with what needed to be done. Cathy and Alli took great care of us and our guests. We received many compliments from guests about both the great food and personal service. I didn't have a Wedding Planner but Cathy stepped in and helped with all the transitions from each part of our wedding reception. She was phenomenal !

Sent on 05/23/2016
  • Valerie

Valerie · Married on 12/19/2015

The Village Pantry was wonderful; we had food that was incredibly fresh, flavorful, and managed to not be standard fare while still pleasing everyone! Jill was great to work with and their chefs created some awesome dishes. I was so glad that we were able to use seasonal ingredients (winter ones, at that!). We had a later dinner (only 7:30) than some families that came were used to but people loved the appetizers so much at our cocktail hour they didn't even notice the time once we started eating. In addition to all of this, the team was very nice and professional at the wedding. We got a great value with fantastic food and I would absolutely recommend The Village Pantry.

Sent on 12/29/2015

I had a wonderful experience with this caterer. Jill, the catering manager, was great to work with and the process was easy. Everything tasted wonderful and everyone raved. I even had a last minute vegan guest to add on and they provided her with a salad and entree, no sweat. We got to take some leftovers home and enjoy for another night :) We ordered the Beef tips Diane, mashed potatoes, green beans, and a veggie lasagna (the lasagna was gone fast it was so good!) I Highly recommend Village Pantry.

Sent on 09/20/2015

We recently worked with Jay at Village Pantry for our wedding. I truly wish that RSVP would open a restaurant because every piece of food we served at our wedding was amazing. If only as the bride I had had the time to sit down and eat everything offered….. We went with stations of food versus a buffet or plated meal. The mac n cheese bar was a HUGE hit, as were all the other bars. Throughout the night at the wedding our guests were telling us just how great the food was. And although the food is the major part of this review, I need to mention just how wonderful Jay was as well. He is quick to respond to e-mails and questions, very professional to work with, and really helped us serve the best food. He went above and beyond to help us acquire table linens and napkins to use, as well. His servers helped me and my husband get our plates together and carry them to the table for us - big help if you are worried about spilling on your dress or tux! They helped us excuse our guests table by table so that the food stations area never got too crowded. I truly cannot say enough wonderful things about Jay and the Village Pantry/RSVP crew! I wish we could throw catered parties all the time because I know who I would use! If you want great food, service & a truly professional vendor, definitely choose Village Pantry/RSVP - you won't regret it!

Sent on 08/18/2015

Karen · Married on 08/15/2015

My husband and I hired Village Pantry Catering to cater our wedding at Alms Park on August 15, 2015. From the beginning, Jill Heltman was so easy to work with! She responded quickly to all of my emails and answered my questions with ease. We set up a tasting and we were told to pick as many things as we would like to try off of their catering menu! I brought my mom, my now-husband, and my 2 maids of honor with me to the tasting- the food was fantastic! Jill helped us decide what our menu would be and even let us create our own salad!

The day of the wedding went so smoothly. The food was fantastic and even better than I remembered! Jill served me personally and brought my food and drink to the table. Our guests complimented the food several times throughout the evening- everyone enjoyed it as much as we did!

I would definitely recommend Village Pantry to cater any event! Great food and great service. Thanks for making our wedding day perfect!

Sent on 09/01/2015

Christina · Married on 08/15/2015

Wow! Village Pantry Catering exceeded our high expectations for our August 15 wedding! We are so grateful to Adam and his team for what they pulled off for our wedding AND a large barbecue event the following day. The food, service and atmosphere was impeccable in every way and we could not be more happy. The chef was masterful and Adam’s leadership in executing everything was over-the-top amazing.

My husband is from Italy and we had a strong idea of what we wanted, and Adam was so flexible and helpful in ensuring that the menu and presentation was just what we wanted. We’re not exaggerating when we say that we completely customized our menu. The servers executed the multi-course well gracefully and kept things moving in a timely fashion without rushing guests or keeping them waiting. Also, if you envision a huge antipasti spread like I did - Village Pantry is your go-to!

We heard nothing but rave reviews and Giovanni and I made sure we sat down to enjoy it all for ourselves, so we know all speak the truth when they say it was all delicious.

And then to turn around and have the team at it again on Sunday was insane, but awesome. It was so fun to see so many guests again, and they were certainly well fed and happy.

Village Pantry has our highest recommendation. Bravo, team!

Sent on 10/16/2015

Maria · Married on 08/01/2015

We chose rsvp catering for our wedding at alms park. My former boss recommended them- she used them for her wedding 13years ago! I'm so glad we chose them. The pricing was so "low" compared to the other approved vendors so I was a little skeptical in regards to food quality. I attended a group tasting and a private tasting and the food was delicious both times. JIll and Cathy were great to work with. Jill would respond to my emails at 11pm! They offered suggestions to keep me within my budget. They also set out our favors/centerpieces which was a huge help on the day of event. The buffet was also decorated beautifully. Adam led a great team- Every server/bartender was professional and friendly. My only regret was not having tips prepared for them in advance- they deserved it and I feel bad that I have to drop them off a week after the event! I HIGHLY recommend this vendor for your next event. A guest today told me that our food was better than the wedding she recently attended at the marriott! Hubby loved the beef tenderloin, complete with a cheerful chef carver attendant. Thank you!

Sent on 08/10/2015

Elizabeth · Married on 06/13/2015

When the groom says "this is the best wedding food I've ever had," then 5 other people tell you the same thing, you know you've picked a winner. Jill was awesome to work with. We had numerous guests with dietary restrictions (I'm the bride and I'm gluten free and vegetarian both) and she was completely accommodating to our needs. The staff was super helpful and wonderful to be around. Several guests commented on how awesome they were. We couldn't have chosen a better caterer. I can't recommend them enough.

Sent on 06/16/2015

Sara · Married on 05/22/2015

Village Pantry was great to work with and the food is great! We met with a few other caterers and there really was no comparison. The quantity/quality of food and cost were better than the others. If you are looking for a caterer, do yourself a favor and go to Village Pantry!!

Sent on 06/12/2015
  • Laura M.

Laura · Married on 04/18/2015

Village Pantry provided excellent food for our wedding!! The beef tenderloin was delicious and we received tons of compliments on all of the food. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful! We never went without anything!! I would highly recommend this vendor to anyone!!

Sent on 05/03/2015

Very great service and food. Very easy to work with and got exactly what I was looking for.

Sent on 08/18/2015

Tonya · Married on 09/13/2014

Sometimes you just find a vendor that will "wow" you! Guest after guest, told us that it was the best wedding food EVER! After getting quotes from over 6 caterers, we decided on Village Pantry for the price and offering. We knew we didn't want a buffet, but also didn't know what our other options were.

Jill worked with us in providing several different menus (and was patient when I kept changing my mind or couldn't decide)! In the end, she helped us create a Cincinnati themed menu for our downtown wedding that had guests raving. We had a variety of Cincinnati themed stations including a Skyline Chili bar and Montgomery Inn station. The mashed potato bar was amazing and everyone loved the Reuben dip! I was also impressed that they did a one-on-one tasting of your menu, instead of a scheduled group setting with 50 or more people like other vendors did.

Even though we had hired a day of wedding coordinator, Jill became the one I turned to with all my questions. She knew our theme, location, and when we couldn't find the perfect table coverings or bar setup, she found it for us. We went to several rental places in Cincinnati and Dayton and wasn't happy with the blush/champagne linen offerings. She found the perfect champagne sequin tablecloths and blush textured lines that we were looking for, and there were the same price as the cheaper rental place in Dayton.

The venue looked amazing on the day of our wedding (thanks to the linens and bar setup), and the staff was impeccable. Everyone was polite and courteous and greeted our guests with a smile. We would 100% recommend using Village Pantry and don't think our wedding vision would have came to life without them. They are open to suggestions on any menu and take advantage of their linen rentals.

Thank you Village Pantry for everything!

Sent on 10/28/2014

Holly · Married on 08/30/2014

My Husband and I just got married this past Saturday 8/30/14 at the Contemporary Arts Center in downtown Cincinnati. We used Village Pantry catering, and my were we impressed! We had met Jill Heltman a few months before at our tasting, but we had no idea how amazing, professional, detailed, and overall tasty the food and the service would actually be. We had the roast round with a carver (this was the talk of the night-everyone loved it and it got devoured!). Jill was also kind enough to make us penne pasta with sausage and green peppers as our second entree since we wanted something other than just the standard chicken. We got green beans with red peppers, caesar salad, and roasted new potatoes as well. Jill and her staff personally made plates for my husband and I to ensure we ate first. The staff was simply phenomenal....The worked the room to a T! They were incredibly attentive of us and our guests. No one ever went without water and wine, and they cleared the plates as soon as people were finished. The staff looked very professional as well, and the food presentation was incredibly appealing and well organized. I could really go on and on about this company and the impeccable service they provided us on our big day. I was also very impressed by the table settings and the linens they provided us. Our tables looked amazing. This was especially impressive since they had never catered to our venue before (I believe they are being added as a preferred vendor because of the rave reviews my guests gave!). 10 stars out of 5, no doubt. I would recommend Village Pantry to anyone in the Cincinnati/Kentucky area. You will not be disappointed, and neither will your guests!

Sent on 09/02/2014
  • Amy

Amy · Married on 05/10/2014

I cannot begin to describe how great it was to work with Jay at Village Pantry! Not only was the food amazing, but the staff was a true pleasure. Everyone was so pleasant and professional. Everything was completely taken care of and everyone was raving about the food!! I still cannot believe how awesome their turkey is (and trust me, I was going in not wanting turkey). I cannot wait to be able to use them again for an event or even just catering....turkey for Thanksgiving?!

Sent on 08/01/2014

Helen · Married on 04/19/2014

I planned my entire wedding from out of state. Village Pantry was so helpful and accommodating and even arranged for me to have a "Take Away" Tasting since I could not get there during their regular business hours, AND they sent the leftovers from the reception home with my mom :)
    The food was delicious, the staff was fantastic and we could not have been happier.

Sent on 05/05/2014

jo · Married on 10/05/2013

I can't say enough good things about Village Pantry Catering. Jill was our contact, and was so professional, patient and accommodating. The food was amazing! We were able to subcontract one of the stations to Eli's BBQ, which I think is very unusual in the business. VPC handled that part, as well as providing all of the wait stay and bar service. Our wedding was complex with 2 venues and food at both locations. Jill was so incredibly patient with multiple changes and additions...even adding hors devours 1 week before. I would highly recommend the great food and absolutely amazing customer service that VPC and Jill provided.

Sent on 10/08/2013