Royal Park Hotel Reviews

Royal Park Hotel 1
Royal Park Hotel 2
Royal Park Hotel 3

Erin · Married on 09/15/2018

In short, everything was perfect. Kathleen and Joe make the entire planning experience easy. They are responsive and wonderful with sending updates. When it came to the wedding weekend, everything was effortless. The wedding party, family, and other hotel guests were taken care of.

We had our ceremony in the park pavilion, which is the beautiful tent in the back of the hotel, and the reception in the ballroom. There were about 200 people at our wedding and space was perfect. There are so many places on the hotel grounds and in close surrounding areas for beautiful photos. One of the main things I wanted in a venue was kinda of a "one stop shop" and the Royal Park Hotel definitely accomplished that. Guests moved from the ceremony to cocktail hour in the lobby to dinner and partying in the ballroom - all was very easy.

If you're really looking for a beautiful place with wonderful staff for your wedding, this is it!

Sent on 10/04/2018
    Royal Park Hotel 4
    Royal Park Hotel 5
    Royal Park Hotel 6

Royal Park Hotel's reply:

Erin and Mitch, Thank you for hosting your wedding with us it was our honor to be a part of your special day. We enjoyed working with you and your families on all of the special details. Best wishes to you both - much love and happiness for the future. Please keep in touch - can't wait to see the rest of the photos, Kathleen and Joe too :-)

Lisa · Married on 09/01/2018

Top notch venue. I'm excited to celebrate our 2018 wedding.

• Brittany

Brittany · Married on 05/05/2018

We recently held an intimate wedding in the conservatory at the Royal Park Hotel, and we appreciate everything Kathleen, Joe, & the rest of the hotel staff did to make our day go perfectly! Everyone was so pleasant and helpful. We are so happy that we chose to have our wedding there, and we highly recommend it to anyone who is searching for a wedding venue!

Sent on 06/12/2018

Brittany and Andrew,
    Best wishes to you both - much love and happiness for the future.
    Please keep in touch - can't wait to see the photos,
    Kathleen and Joe too :-)

Nicole · Married on 07/27/2016

Extremely attentive from the moment I checked in until check out. Extremely efficient and ahead of the game. All was beautiful and elegant.

Example I had two staff members setting up my room upon arrival on chairs hanging my dress in front of the tall window so the light shined through and made it magical. Placing my luggage on rack in closet seting toiletries in bath etc.

Ashley · Married on 06/25/2016

I can't even begin to put into words how AMAZING everything was at the Royal Park. I can't speak enough how amazing everything was from Kathleen the coordinator, the communication, the professionalism, customer service, coordination leading up to and the day of, all the way down to the bell hop! From the day I contacted the Royal Park all the way to when I was walking out the day after my wedding, I felt I was cared for and taken care of. Kathleen does an amazing job and we had Greg in the ballroom helping coordinate the day of and he was AMAZING. He went out of his way for so many things that were not asked of him that were so appreciative. He went to get the grandparents more comfortable seats, he noticed we didn't get to eat our late night snack and had it boxed up for us in our room waiting, and was by our side the entire night. The conservatory is too gorgeous for you to not be married in, I HIGHLY recommend this venue to everyone! -Ashley E

Kelly · Married on 06/11/2016

Originally my husband and I were going to have our wedding up north in Traverse City, but our first meeting up there went so bad we decided to do it closer to home. We live near the Royal Park Hotel so we decided to check them out first. Our first meeting went so well we decided not to look any further! All of our questions were answered before we could even ask. They were so great to deal with and the day went off without any problems! We had a small wedding with both our ceremony and reception in their conservatory and it was absolutely stunning! We received so many compliments about how beautiful it was and how attentive the staff was! It was amazing!

Kimberly · Married on 10/23/2015

Our Wedding and Reception was the most beautiful wedding I've ever been too... And not just because it was our wedding, it's because it's the truth. The Royal Park is the most beautiful and posh hotel in Michigan. The staff was incredible and my wedding coordinator Kathleen made our process easy and she made sure my vision came together with perfection! I love this hotel and would recommend it to anyone planning a timeless and beautiful wedding... Worth every penny!

Jennifer · Married on 09/19/2015

This place was my number one choice for my wedding venue and it was perfection. The food was delicious, the venus was stunning. The service was flawless. The glass atrium for the ceremony was breathtaking. We didn't even decorate in there the room is that gorgeous all on its own. Janet was a our contact person and she was awesome, she answered all my questions and her enthusiasm was infectious. The bridal suite was ridiculously nice.

Sent on 07/05/2012

Royal Park Hotel's reply:

Hi Jennifer! We thank you for your review and for spending your special day with us. We were delighted to be a part of your special day - you are Royal Park Hotel family now! Best wishes during this new chapter in your life.

-Kaity Jerolamon, Sales and Marketing, Royal Park Hotel

Tara · Married on 05/01/2015

I walked into the conservatory at the Royal Park and just knew that is where we had to get married! The hotel is beautiful! Janet, the coordinator, is so great to work with. She answered all my many questions as we were planning and made me feel virtually stress free. On the day of the wedding everything went perfectly and our guests are still raving about the food. They really go above and beyond with their customer service to make your day go as flawlessly as possible. I look forward to dining there on our anniversary :)

Laura · Married on 04/11/2015

We had our ceremony and reception at the Royal Park Hotel and it was beautiful. They went above our expectations! Very warm and friendly staff for our two day stay.

Michelle · Married on 12/27/2014

I recently had my wedding at the RPH and everything was amazing! Thank you Kathleen and team for helping make my dream wedding a reality. The service was outstanding, I was upgraded to the Royal Grand Suite, and the venue is SO beautiful around Christmas time! Thank you!!! :)

The most amazing setting for my wedding and reception! We held the entire event in the conservatory...about 100 people and it was a packed party all night. Being on the setting with a creek and grounds made for the most amazing wedding photos ever!

sandy · Married on 07/25/2014

If you want exceptional service, the most beautiful venue and the best delicious food in all of Metro Detroit, book your wedding at The Royal Park Hotel. We had our ceremony and reception in the conservatory, and almost a year later, people are still talking about how beautiful it was. The food - Amazing. Kathleen, our coordinator - No words to describe how incredible and knowledgeable she is. The entire staff treated us like royalty and really made our day special. I can not say enough wonderful things about the whole experience with them.

Sarah · Married on 07/19/2014

Amazing venue to get married at! The staff was wonderful from day one! Everything was perfect!

Cheryl · Married on 06/13/2014

We used this hotel for both the ceremony and reception.The conservatory was beautiful and at a perfect temperature for a June wedding in Michigan.The reeption was exceptional.The food was delicious and their staff is very professional and friendly.Janet,our coordinator was so much help and fun to work with.Best experience ever!

• Amanda

Amanda · Married on 05/03/2014

We were so happy we decided to use Royal Park Hotel for our accommodations for the wedding and wedding guests. They ended up up-grading bride/groom to a bigger suite, which was much appreciated. The hotel is high quality, great views of Paint Creek, and not far from downtown Rochester. We were so impressed with the hotel staff and rooms! Brookshire Restaurant was a great choice for post-wedding brunch the next days as well - superb food!

We had our 60 guest wedding ceremony and reception in the Glass Conservatory at the Royal Park Hotel. What an experience! It was honestly the most beautiful space I have ever been in for a wedding. Absolutely gorgeous and everyone was a pleasure to work with. From the venue wedding coordinator to the service staff - everyone was on top of their game and gave us a fantastic wedding.
    The bridal suite was gorgeous and our service was amazing. The food was out of this world and their midnight snack and bar service was grade A. I am so thankful to have had these guys as our wedding venue. We came all the way back from NYC so we could have a gorgeous wedding at the Royal Park Hotel.

Beyond just a beautiful venue, the people that work there go over and beyond! Our wedding was perfect in every way- rave reviews on food, service, beautiful hotel rooms and amenities. Kathleen Reid was our contact person there and she was 100% responsive, she addressed every detail- large and small. HIGHLY recommend!!!

Mrs. · Married on 09/21/2013

The Royal Park Hotel was an absolutely divine location for me and my husband's reception. The service was five star and the food was delicious. Our guests went on and on about how much they loved the hotel and the food and the service. Our hotel coordinator Kathleen was great. It isn't the least expensive option. But it was worth every penny. That is why we booked this place for our wedding on September 21, 2013 so that we would have no worries and I'm glad we did! From the moment the door man opened the door for us, I knew this was the perfect place. And the surroundings of downtown Rochester could not be more serene and picturesque. There is plenty to do but you won't want to do anything but stay in the hotel because it's gorgeous! The pond is perfect for a close walk. They even have a library

Ali · Married on 09/14/2013

OUR DREAM WEDDING...beyond our wildest dreams!!! The Royal Park Hotel offered everything we were looking for and more: luxury accommodations, a beautiful setting, elegant amenities, a sophisticated menu, and the incredible convenience of having our reception immediately following the ceremony. Our guests were greeted with glasses of champagne after our ceremony as they walked out of the gorgeous glass conservatory on-site and into our cocktail hour- True Royalty!!

Janet is AMAZING!! We planned our wedding from out-of-state and she made the entire process so easy (and fun!). A quick phone call here and a few fast emails there, she was so attentive to ensure our day was beyond perfection. Every step of the planning process was an experience to remember from the initial walk through of the grounds to the incredible tasting that was coordinated just for us and our parents. The entire hotel staff was so accommodating with our frequent hotel room list requests and so respectful to our guests during their stay. They went above and beyond to ensure everyone felt special that weekend.

There was not one detail that went unnoticed and if there was, Janet was excited to recommend cool and unique ideas for us to consider. Together, we managed to create an experience that was so elegant and sophisticated, but also so fun and enjoyable for our guests of all ages. One of the many favorites was the late-night snack of ‘Arby’s’ Janet and her Chefs recreated for us: full on with roast beef sliders and seasoned curly fries – just like the real thing, only better! Our friends and family are still talking about how creative and tasty all the food was. A huge compliment considering the room was full of self-proclaimed foodies from NYC!

We could not be happier with our decision to host our wedding at the RPH. It was by far the best wedding we have ever been to…and the even better part is, it was OURS!

Jessica · Married on 09/07/2013

We had our wedding at The Royal Park Hotel in Rochester and were thrilled with how everything turned out. We worked with Kathleen Reid at the hotel on all of the details and she was AMAZING - very responsive, great attention to detail, and made sure everything came together exactly how we wanted. The conservatory, hotel suites, restaurant, etc. were all top notch and the service was impeccable! I would recommend The Royal Park Hotel to anyone searching for a gorgeous location, fabulous service and sophisticated elegance.

Brenda · Married on 08/03/2013

The event could not have been better. It completely met our expectations. The staff including the banquet sales person Kathleen, the banquet captain Jarrod, and every hotel employee from the desk to housekeeping provided impeccable service.

Jessica · Married on 05/26/2012

I had my wedding at the Royal Park Hotel on May 26th which included the ceremony and reciption. The staff made everything so easy on me. They took care of the step up, break down, the vendors, storing our supplies, etc. I didn't have to worry about anything!!
    When my photographer for got to bring back my vase after taking pictures off my bouque one of the coordinators from the hotel took a vase from her own desk to make sure my flowers stayed in water. When my sister in law needed bobbypins the concierge ran to the store to get her some in 10 minutes.
    The staff, food, service was AMAZING. I know it's a little expensive but I promise it's worth the money
    My husband and I have decided to go back to the Royal Park every year for our anniversary.

Anna · Married on 07/16/2011

Our reception was held at the Royal Park Hotel in Rochester - in the ballroom. Aside from the hotel being absolutely beautiful, the staff was outstanding throughout the evening. The food was so good that we kept getting compliments all night.

Even thgouh the prices are a bit higher than other venues, the service and atmosphere made it completely worth it. I would definitely recommend the Royal Park.

Britni · Married on 05/21/2011

We stayed here for our wedding night. What a beautiful hotel!! We had a wonderfully comfortable king-size bed and a large room with a terrace!! Once we got to the hotel, we put out our breakfast room service door hanger and passed out. Our morning was amazing, they served our breakfast on the terrace and the food was delicious! The day after our wedding was blissfully wonderful!